Does the devil exist?
Lucifer Morningstar
2018-06-06 00:05:32 UTC
On Tue, 5 Jun 2018 10:52:35 +0100, Steve Wilson
What if God was to amend his design so there were no bad people?
I am sure God could do that without making us robots.
God could make us like those who are not determined to be bad.
You stubbornly assume that God has made mistakes, but how do you know he
didn't have a reason for creating us with moral freewill?
Isn't it better to assume that God made mistakes rather than assume
that God freely and maliciously chose to put us in a terrible
situation?
In your scenario God is made to look evil and malicious but if God got
out of his depth and lost control we can still believe in a good God.
In my scenario we can have hope that God will eventually work out
where he went wrong and fix things.
Your scenario leaves us without hope.
Once he's
created them, by definition, he has to allow them to do bad things or
they don't really have moral freewill.
I'd like to think God is better than that.
It seems to me that a world containing creatures with moral free-will is
infinitely more valuable to God, by what can result, than a world
populated with persons who can only do good because they are
determined/made by god to do so. The supposedly better world you keep
promoting would merely be a world of pets lacking any greater goal than
continual maintenance. Such a world, when compared to a world populated
by moral beings is degraded by this lack of a greater purpose even
though it won't contain the evil and suffering of the other. In the
Christian world-view, God's purpose in creating this world as it is, is
to allow people to freely choose or reject God by their choices and
actions and then for them to reap the consequences of their choices. The
end-goal is that God will collect a vast number of people to himself to
share in his eternal joy in a recreated world, a people who will want to
do the moral right because they freely choose to follow God. To me that
is infinitely better than God creating people who can only do the moral
right because God has made it so that they can do no other.
I see your point. You have been programmed to support God no
matter what happens but doing so leaves you without hope.
Our physical brain is what determines if we are good or bad people
and we don't get to take our brain to heaven. Whatever God gives
us to think with in heaven need not be plagued with design faults
the way our brain is.
How do you know that it is the brain which wholly determines if we are
good or bad people? You are yet again indulging in circular reasoning
rather than supporting your claim with evidence. Don't you understand
that when you do that, no one need take your criticisms seriously.
I have provided that evidence but it appears Kendall has chosen not
to allow those posts here. You could ask Kendall to allow you to see
those posts or I could repeat the information. But Kendall could
still choose to deny you access. He may think he is doing you a
favour by preventing you from seeing the truth but I think you
already know as much as I do but for some reason dare not
acknowledge it.

I hate seeing Christians pretending to be stupid out of fear.
Atheism really is the way to advance.
What is odd is that after saying that we are our brains, you then say
that without the brain there is some remaining non-physical entity that
is truly 'us', though lacking the capacity of thought. However odd this
view is, don't you realise that atheism does not believe in the dualism
of body and mind? In atheism the mind/person is only an emergent
feature of complexity, so when the brain stops the person ceases to exist.
I never said any such thing. You seem to have me confused with
someone else. Everything that makes 'you' is contained in your
brain. When brain activity ceases 'you' cease to exist.

If you want your thoughts to remain you need to confide in
friends or write a book.
The bible writers make God look like a bumbling idiot that can't
get anything right and has to command love.
Presuming you have actually read the bible, it is clear the problem lays
in your lack of understanding and/or naturalistic atheistic bias.
Matthew 22:36-40 New International Version (NIV)

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and
with all your soul and with all your mind.’
38 This is the first and greatest commandment.
39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
What is love in a Godless, naturalistic world?
“The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect
if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil and no good,
nothing but blind pitiless indifference.”
So from where are you getting this transcendent value of good/bad,
better/worse which forms the foundation for you to judge that God is a
'bumbling idiot'? In fact it seems to me that the whole foundation of
your complaint can only be raised based on the existence of some
external (transcendent) and absolute reference point of what is
good/right. The best explanation for that is an infinite, uncreated and
unemboded mind i.e. God. So in reality you have to presume the perfect
and transcendent existence of God in order to make your accusations
about his imperfections.
You seem to be saying you need the fear of God to prevent you
from being an axe wielding mass murderer. Our brain is formed
in such a way that some can't help being a mass murderer or
a pedophile.
I don't understand why you would rather believe in a God that
freely chose to make our brains faulty rather than accepting
that our brains are that way due to a non-intelligent amoral
process.

I know for a fact that you do not follow God's idea of morality.
You decide for yourself what is good or bad then look for support
in the bible ignoring the aspects of God you do not approve of.
I am pretty sure you did not instigate genocide in a failed attempt
to correct your errors and you probably try to help where you can.
When you are not being a Christian you may well be a decent person.
Surely you don't believe what ordinary men wrote about God?
I'm saying the bible was not written to glorify God rather it was
written to allow ordinary men to control others.
Yet another empty assertion, which no one need take seriously. You need
to provide some evidence to support it. I don't know how you can make
the leap from the plausible suggestion that historically the bible may
have been used to control people, to; 'it was self-consciously written
with the purpose of controling people/society'.
I think you are aware of the invention of the printing press and
the fact that the bible is now available to everyone in all
translations.
Its certainly being used for that.
Indeed it is.
Steve Wilson
aaa
2018-06-06 13:57:13 UTC
Post by Lucifer Morningstar
On Tue, 5 Jun 2018 10:52:35 +0100, Steve Wilson
What if God was to amend his design so there were no bad people?
I am sure God could do that without making us robots.
God could make us like those who are not determined to be bad.
You stubbornly assume that God has made mistakes, but how do you know he
didn't have a reason for creating us with moral freewill?
Isn't it better to assume that God made mistakes rather than assume
that God freely and maliciously chose to put us in a terrible
situation?
Wrong. God never makes mistakes, and the terrible situation is the
result of our own ignorance. It's never God's fault. It's our own fault
for not knowing the truth.
Post by Lucifer Morningstar
In your scenario God is made to look evil and malicious but if God got
out of his depth and lost control we can still believe in a good God.
In my scenario we can have hope that God will eventually work out
where he went wrong and fix things.
Your scenario leaves us without hope.
False. Without realizing our own mistake, we will never have any hope.

2018-06-07 02:02:53 UTC
Post by Lucifer Morningstar
On Tue, 5 Jun 2018 10:52:35 +0100, Steve Wilson
What if God was to amend his design so there were no bad people?
I am sure God could do that without making us robots.
God could make us like those who are not determined to be bad.
You stubbornly assume that God has made mistakes, but how do you know he
didn't have a reason for creating us with moral freewill?
Isn't it better to assume that God made mistakes rather than assume
that God freely and maliciously chose to put us in a terrible
situation?
Wrong. God never makes mistakes, and the terrible situation is the
result of our own ignorance. It's never God's fault. It's our own fault
for not knowing the truth.
Once you are in praise of some idol, you will protect it with all your life.
There are many decent human, but there are twice as more indecent theists!!!
Post by aaa
Post by Lucifer Morningstar
In your scenario God is made to look evil and malicious but if God got
out of his depth and lost control we can still believe in a good God.
In my scenario we can have hope that God will eventually work out
where he went wrong and fix things.
Your scenario leaves us without hope.
False. Without realizing our own mistake, we will never have any hope.
If a pixie can make a biological lives to be error prone, it is no pixie of any standard.

Your imagination of pixie playing with mud man is truly insane....
aaa
2018-06-07 11:54:15 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by Lucifer Morningstar
In your scenario God is made to look evil and malicious but if God got
out of his depth and lost control we can still believe in a good God.
In my scenario we can have hope that God will eventually work out
where he went wrong and fix things.
Your scenario leaves us without hope.
False. Without realizing our own mistake, we will never have any hope.
If a pixie can make a biological lives to be error prone, it is no pixie of any standard.
Your imagination of pixie playing with mud man is truly insane....
God's creation is perfect even when the physical universe is never
perfect. There is nothing you can blame God for.

2018-06-07 18:53:22 UTC
Post by Lucifer Morningstar
On Tue, 5 Jun 2018 10:52:35 +0100, Steve Wilson
On Sat, 2 Jun 2018 01:09:36 +0100, Kendall Down
Post by aaa
Post by Lucifer Morningstar
In your scenario God is made to look evil and malicious but if God
got out of his depth and lost control we can still believe in a
good God. In my scenario we can have hope that God will eventually
work out where he went wrong and fix things.
Your scenario leaves us without hope.
False. Without realizing our own mistake, we will never have any hope.
If a pixie can make a biological lives to be error prone, it is no pixie of any standard.
Your imagination of pixie playing with mud man is truly insane....
God's creation is perfect even when the physical universe is never
perfect. There is nothing you can blame God for.
If god's creation is "perfect" why did he
create Ye Floode to destroy its imperfections?
Yap Honghor
That is truly a crazy tale....
aaa
2018-06-08 12:58:12 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by Lucifer Morningstar
In your scenario God is made to look evil and malicious but if God
got out of his depth and lost control we can still believe in a
good God. In my scenario we can have hope that God will eventually
work out where he went wrong and fix things.
Your scenario leaves us without hope.
False. Without realizing our own mistake, we will never have any hope.
If a pixie can make a biological lives to be error prone, it is no
pixie of any standard.
Your imagination of pixie playing with mud man is truly insane....
God's creation is perfect even when the physical universe is never
perfect. There is nothing you can blame God for.
If god's creation is "perfect" why did he
create Ye Floode to destroy its imperfections?
God didn't. God's law determines that the evil will ultimately be
destroyed by its own evil. God never has to do evil only to stop evil.
That is not even logical.

2018-06-08 17:36:20 UTC
Post by aaa
[...]
The Bible proves you wrong.

So God said to Noah, "I am going to put
an end to all people, for the earth is
filled with violence because of them. I am
surely going to destroy both them and the
earth. I am going to bring floodwaters on
the earth to destroy all life under the
heavens, every creature that has the breath
of life in it. Everything on earth will
perish.
Genesis 6: 13

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+6&version=NIV
aaa
2018-06-09 08:52:06 UTC
Post by aaa
[...]
That's no evidence of God doing evil. God's law is fully capable to
return evil back to the evil doer. So God has no need to do evil.

2018-06-09 12:49:18 UTC
Post by aaa
[...]
Killing the innocent is not evil?
aaa
2018-06-09 18:36:24 UTC
Post by aaa
[...]
You can't be sure that there are innocent to begin with. You have to be
another God in order to make that kind of judgment. Are you another God?

2018-06-09 22:53:26 UTC
Post by aaa
[...]
Unborn children and babes in arms are not innocent?
You're a sick, degenerate, moron.
--
Smiler, The godless one. a.a.# 2279
All gods are tailored to order. They're made

2018-06-10 00:54:59 UTC
Post by aaa
[...]
Actually, they are only presumed innocent because we as humans don't
know and can't see their spiritual souls. To God, there is never such
problem. God knows all and sees all both physically and spiritually.
Nothing is hidden from God. Therefore, you still need to be God in order
to judge what God can or cannot do.

2018-06-09 23:24:01 UTC
Post by aaa
[...]
The children god killed weren not innocent?

What about the "innocent unborn" that you
prolifers always drone about?
Yosemite Sam
2018-06-09 23:53:40 UTC
It is only parents with their complete and utter lack of patience that pound and pound incessant flail the teddy bears that sliced the children to ribbons. You can tell the dilapidated decapitated parents by the hairbreadth's distance of taking us through it like it was one more thing. Ye know I haven't even read it yet must be good.
Yap Honghor
2018-06-08 07:58:40 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by Lucifer Morningstar
In your scenario God is made to look evil and malicious but if God got
out of his depth and lost control we can still believe in a good God.
In my scenario we can have hope that God will eventually work out
where he went wrong and fix things.
Your scenario leaves us without hope.
False. Without realizing our own mistake, we will never have any hope.
If a pixie can make a biological lives to be error prone, it is no pixie of any standard.
Your imagination of pixie playing with mud man is truly insane....
God's creation is perfect even when the physical universe is never
perfect. There is nothing you can blame God for.
Pixie's creation?
Why is it not continuing with its creation????

I am not blaming a non-existent pixie, I only blame you fools who create your own imagination to satisfy yourselves.........crook.
aaa
2018-06-08 13:05:06 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by Lucifer Morningstar
In your scenario God is made to look evil and malicious but
if God got out of his depth and lost control we can still
believe in a good God. In my scenario we can have hope that
God will eventually work out where he went wrong and fix
things. Your scenario leaves us without hope.
False. Without realizing our own mistake, we will never have any hope.
If a pixie can make a biological lives to be error prone, it is
no pixie of any standard.
Your imagination of pixie playing with mud man is truly
insane....
God's creation is perfect even when the physical universe is never
perfect. There is nothing you can blame God for.
Pixie's creation? Why is it not continuing with its creation????
God's creation has never stopped. It's why there will be the new beings
created for the future paradise.

2018-06-09 02:47:09 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by Lucifer Morningstar
In your scenario God is made to look evil and malicious but
if God got out of his depth and lost control we can still
believe in a good God. In my scenario we can have hope that
God will eventually work out where he went wrong and fix
things. Your scenario leaves us without hope.
False. Without realizing our own mistake, we will never have any hope.
If a pixie can make a biological lives to be error prone, it is
no pixie of any standard.
Your imagination of pixie playing with mud man is truly
insane....
God's creation is perfect even when the physical universe is never
perfect. There is nothing you can blame God for.
Pixie's creation? Why is it not continuing with its creation????
God's creation has never stopped. It's why there will be the new beings
created for the future paradise.
Wow, new beings will be created...is your head injury really that bad????
aaa
2018-06-09 09:00:04 UTC
Post by aaa
[...]
What's the problem? The new beings are those in Christ having the Christ
consciousness.

b***@m.nu
2018-06-06 14:55:19 UTC
On Wed, 06 Jun 2018 10:05:32 +1000, Lucifer Morningstar
<***@gmail.com> wrote:

<snip crap>
Post by Lucifer Morningstar
created them, by definition, he has to allow them to do bad things or
they don't really have moral freewill.
I'd like to think God is better than that.
You should not think, you are just not very good at it. You do after
all believe in fairies, multiple fairies and you call them hem gods...

<snip stuff no one will read anyway>