Big Bang
Add Reply
Jahnu
2017-10-29 10:23:30 UTC
According to the Vedic Version, countless universes, as numerous as
mustard seeds in a sack, are generated from the breathing of
Maha-vishnu. It is said that universes emanate from Maha-vishnu's skin
pores in seed form as He exhales, then expand and contract again as
they are sucked back into God when He inhales.

Thus universes are created and and destroyed within one breath of God.
The life-time of the universe, which is one breath of God, has been
calculated to last 311 trillion solar years.

So in my mind this is where the Big Bang theory comes from. The
singularity, the point from which our universe, according to the Big
Bang theory, was generated, is actually one of the skinpores of God.
I guess, that's where Muslims get the idea that God is great. Where as
in Islam it is described that God is great, in the Vedic Version it is
described how God is great.

That's the first thing to learn about God - how great He is. But
that's only a preliminary understanding of God. Higher than worshiping
God in awe and reverence as the great one, is to relate to Him as a
friend or a child or even one's lover. This becomes possible when, by
the mercy of the spiritual master, one is allowed entrance into
Krishna's personal life in Vrindavan.

The soul can have 5 basic relationships with Krishna -

1. Shanta rasa is a neutral relationship with God. God is regarded as
the original creator and cause of all causes, and the maintainer of
everything.

2. Dasya rasa means that you see God as your Lord and master. You are
willing to serve Him with your life and soul. Krishna is the most
perfect and munificent lord one can have.

3. Sakhya rasa is the stage, where you see Krishna as your best and
most intimate friend. Here the soul forgets that Krishna is God. He
only regards Krishna as his best and most beloved friend.

4. Vatsalya rasa is the parental relationship. Here the soul is
Krishna's father or mother. You are God's parent. Krishna is your
little kid.

5. In Madhurya rasa the soul only sees Krishna as her most intimate
lover. You are God's wife or girlfriend.

In fact, all the relationships we enjoy in the material world to
partner, children, family, friends, and society are nothing but
distorted imitations of the soul's original relationship with God.

Krishna says:

By human calculation, a thousand ages taken together form the duration
of Brahma's one day (4,32 billion years). And such also is the
duration of his night. (Bg. 8.17)

At the beginning of Brahma's day, all living entities become manifest
from the unmanifest state, and thereafter, when the night falls, they
are merged into the unmanifest again. (Bg. 8.18)

Again and again, when Brahma's day arrives, all living entities come
into being, and with the arrival of Brahma's night they are helplessly
annihilated. (Bg. 8.19)

Yet there is another unmanifest nature, which is eternal and is
transcendental to this manifested and unmanifested matter. It is
supreme and is never annihilated. When all in this world is
annihilated, that part remains as it is. (Bg. 8.20)

That which the Vedantists describe as unmanifest and infallible, that
which is known as the supreme destination, that place from which,
having attained it, one never returns-that is My supreme abode. (Bg.
8.21)
Have a look at my art -

http://www.touchtalent.com//artist/118705/jahnu-das

https://www.youtube.com/user/jahnudvip?feature=watch

https://picasaweb.google.com/113672947796865733014/Jahnu

https://photos.google.com/u/1/?hl=en
Jeanne Douglas
2017-10-29 23:48:01 UTC
Post by Jahnu
According to the Vedic Version,
Why are you proselytizing when you know it's forbidden here?
b***@m.nu
2017-10-30 19:34:33 UTC
On Sun, 29 Oct 2017 18:48:01 -0500, "Jeanne Douglas"
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Jahnu
According to the Vedic Version,
Why are you proselytizing when you know it's forbidden here?
JD, it does not realize just how stupid it is. Just because some guy
is an ancient asylum wrote something that had the words god or vedic
or whatever only means that janet is truly insane
duke
2017-10-30 22:04:44 UTC
Post by Jahnu
According to the Vedic Version,
Why are you proselytizing when you know it's forbidden here?
Who forbids it. And why is it p-wording?

The Catholic Church is like a thick steak, a glass of red wine
and a good cigar.

G.K. Chesterton
2017-10-30 00:44:11 UTC
Big Bang?

Do have one, won't you?

Just make it a place where you won't be a troll.
Andrew
2017-10-30 05:02:30 UTC
Big Bang?
What appears to have happened is a Creation
rather than a BB, simply because there is no
mechanism that would allow the Universe to
begin in an arbitrary state and then evolve into
the highly ordered state that there is today.

On account of this orderliness, we can precisely
predict the path of celestial bodies and eclipses
thousands of years into the future.

Which would not be possible if the origin of
the Universe were the result of an explosion.
Mitchell Holman
2017-10-30 12:44:05 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Big Bang?
What appears to have happened is a Creation
rather than a BB, simply because there is no
mechanism that would allow the Universe to
begin in an arbitrary state and then evolve into
the highly ordered state that there is today.
You need to read more. The existencs of
other universes is become more plain. How does
your "creator" account for that?

https://futurism.com/new-evidence-about-cold-spot-in-space-could-support-
case-for-a-multiverse/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2017/10/12/the-multiverse-is-
inevitable-and-were-living-in-it/#4e0db6fd16c9
Post by Andrew
On account of this orderliness, we can precisely
predict the path of celestial bodies and eclipses
thousands of years into the future.
Wrong. The universe is full of barely
restrained chaos. Did you know the current
position of planets is temporary, that they
move around and even change orbits?

https://www.space.com/4755-trading-cosmic-places-neptune-uranus-swapped-
spots.html
Smiler
2017-10-30 19:26:25 UTC
Big Bang?
What appears to have happened is a Creation rather than a BB,
Merely your unevidenced belief.
simply
because there is no mechanism that would allow the Universe to begin in
an arbitrary state and then evolve into the highly ordered state that
there is today.
Does the surface of the moon look 'highly ordered' to you?
On account of this orderliness, we can precisely predict the path of
celestial bodies and eclipses thousands of years into the future.
Except meteorites, comets and asteroids.
Which would not be possible if the origin of the Universe were the
result of an explosion.
It wasn't an explosion. It was an expansion.
--
Smiler,
The godless one. a.a.# 2279

b***@m.nu
2017-10-30 22:36:50 UTC
Big Bang?
What appears to have happened is a Creation rather than a BB,
Merely your unevidenced belief.
simply
because there is no mechanism that would allow the Universe to begin in
an arbitrary state and then evolve into the highly ordered state that
there is today.
Does the surface of the moon look 'highly ordered' to you?
I wonder if andrew ever heard of entropy..... I guess he does not
understand that the universe has become less ordered every second
since the second after there was matter in the universe, Wow he is
really an idiot.
Post by Smiler
On account of this orderliness, we can precisely predict the path of
celestial bodies and eclipses thousands of years into the future.
Except meteorites, comets and asteroids.
I wonder if andrew understands that being able to predict when an
event will happen is not signs that a system is ordered. He would need
to fully understand what an ordered system is defined as and be able
to comprehend the meaning behind the definition. To be frank andrew is
too fucking stupid to understand that fairies are not real, so how can
it understand anything?
Post by Smiler
Which would not be possible if the origin of the Universe were the
result of an explosion.
andrew you do realize that you have been lied to your entire life and
now you are just making yourself look more of an ass by talking about
thing of which you have no idea at all

here ya go andrew. can you understand this?
the terms order and disorder designate the presence or absence of some
symmetry or correlation in a many-particle system. In condensed matter
physics, systems typically are ordered at low temperatures; upon
heating, they undergo one or several phase transitions into less
ordered states.

there is nothing there about eclipses, sorry. You are trying to bring
magic into the real world, You need to maybe play with more tarot
cards or read more horoscopes or something so that perhaps you can
find balance with the force and perhaps better understand your chi.
when this is achieved maybe then you will realize that your ENTIRE
FUCKING LIFE HAS BEEN THE BIGGEST WASTE OF TIME...

have a nice day
Post by Smiler
It wasn't an explosion. It was an expansion.
it doesn't understand how that could happen because magic was not
used.
Jahnu
2017-10-31 02:49:41 UTC
Merely your unevidenced belief.
It wasn't an explosion. It was an expansion.
Whatever...

"The probability that life arose by a coincidence can be likened to
the probability that a voluminous encyclopedia be the result of an
explosion in a print shop." - Biologist Edwin Conklin

Jeanne Douglas
2017-10-31 07:51:29 UTC
Post by Jahnu
Post by Smiler
Merely your unevidenced belief.
It wasn't an explosion. It was an expansion.
Whatever...
"The probability that life arose by a coincidence can be likened to
the probability that a voluminous encyclopedia be the result of an
explosion in a print shop." - Biologist Edwin Conklin
Yet another completely moronic metaphor.
b***@m.nu
2017-10-31 17:06:52 UTC
Post by Jahnu
Edwin Conklin
He was president of the American Society of Naturalists in 1912 and
president of the American Association for the Advancement of Science
in 1936.

Wow janet I guess you like being made to look very stupid. Yup you are
a masochist.
Cloud Hobbit
2017-10-30 19:44:48 UTC
Andrew lied: What appears to have happened is a Creation
rather than a BB, simply because there is no
mechanism that would allow the Universe to
begin in an arbitrary state and then evolve into
the highly ordered state that there is today.
_____________________

Appears to whom?
The big bang happened. There is evidence for it No matter if you think it was the beginning of the universe or not.
___________________

On account of this orderliness, we can precisely
predict the path of celestial bodies and eclipses
thousands of years into the future.
______________________
Because theses things have been observed and tracked.
_________________

Ignorance of what the big bang was noted.
Jahnu
2017-10-31 02:53:14 UTC
On Mon, 30 Oct 2017 12:44:48 -0700 (PDT), Cloud Hobbit
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Appears to whom?
To thinking people.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
The big bang happened. There is evidence for it No matter if you think it was the beginning of the universe or not.
Because you say so? hahaha :) What evidence might that be, bozo?

--but, but this dude in a lab coat told me so himself. I saw it on
TV.

Atheists always moan and whine about proof and evidence. They seem to
forget that their own belief system, abiogenesis - ie. the funny idea
that matter creates life - is completely unfounded, blind belief. Why
don't atheists demand proof of that?

But this is the double-standard one is forced to accept as an atheist.
Stone-hard and cold facts are required to give credibility to the
opposition, but when it comes to one's own beliefs the same demands
are suddenly not required.

Anyhow, atheists always go on and on about scientific proof and
evidence. So then I offer the scientific proof - that if you maintain
an atheistic mentality, you will experience a lot more suffering and
frustration than if you accept to connect with Krishna. That is a test
anyone can perform and verify - Krishna conciousness brings greater
happiness in life and atheism brings greater misery and suffering in
life.

What people in general don't understand is that life in the material
world is basically one of suffering and frustration. It is so, because
Krishna has made it that way. The reason Krishna has designed it that
way, is because if things were perfect in the material world, the
fallen, lost souls would not want to go back to the spiritual world
and enjoy with Krishna. They would want to stay in the material world
and enjoy the body. Actually, this is what most people want, anyway -
stay in the material world and enjoy their senses. Krishna is even so
kind that a soul in the body of a worm in stool, thinks he is
enjoying. Even the souls living under the most hellish conditions
think they are enjoying. Apart from that, there are the heavenly
planets where the demigods enjoy bodily gratification to the max.
Anyone can go there by being pious, following the process devised by
God.

So the human form of life is a chance for the soul to get rid of all
suffering. A clever person will ask the question, why do I suffer? and
try to get rid of it. The human form of life is a chance for the soul
to get rid of all suffering. Atheism bars the human being from this
opportunity. Atheism just conditions the soul to more suffering.

Krishna says:

From the highest planet in the material world down to the lowest, all
are places of misery wherein repeated birth and death take place. But
one who attains to My abode, O son of KuntI, never takes birth again.
(Bg. 8.16)

Humility; pridelessness; nonviolence; tolerance; simplicity;
approaching a bona fide spiritual master; cleanliness; steadiness;
self-control; renunciation of the objects of sense gratification;
absence of false ego; the perception of the evil of birth, death, old
age and disease; detachment; freedom from entanglement with children,
wife, home and the rest; even-mindedness amid pleasant and unpleasant
events; constant and unalloyed devotion to Me; aspiring to live in a
solitary place; detachment from the general mass of people; accepting
the importance of self-realization; and philosophical search for the
Absolute Truth—all these I declare to be knowledge, and besides this
whatever there may be is ignorance. (Bg.13. 8-12)

Note, that the perception of the evil of birth, death, old age and
disease is one of the symptoms of knowledge. Most people are
intelligent enough to understand they are suffering. Only animals
don't understand they are suffering. In the human form of life the
soul is given sufficient intelligence by nature to understand he is
suffering. Whether he will admit it here, is another matter.

So anyone who is serious about becoming free from suffering must
surrender to Krishna and God's laws. These laws are explained in the
Vedas. And anyone who maintains an atheistic mentality will suffer
repeatedly. That's the proof that atheism is bad for you. And anyone
who chants Krishna's name on a regular basis will experience great joy
and happiness in life. That's proof that Krishna is good for you. It's
as simple as that.

Krishna says:

O learned Uddhava, those who fix their consciousness on Me, giving up
all material desires, share with Me a happiness that cannot possibly
be experienced by those engaged in sense gratification.

--Srimad Bhagavatam 11.14.12

Jeanne Douglas
2017-10-31 08:21:05 UTC
Post by Jahnu
On Mon, 30 Oct 2017 12:44:48 -0700 (PDT), Cloud Hobbit
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Appears to whom?
To thinking people.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
The big bang happened. There is evidence for it No matter if you think it was the beginning of the universe or not.
Because you say so? hahaha :) What evidence might that be, bozo?
From <https://www.big-bang-theory.com/>:

First of all, we are reasonably certain that the universe had a beginning.
Second, galaxies appear to be moving away from us at speeds proportional to their distance. This is called "Hubble's Law," named after Edwin Hubble (1889-1953) who discovered this phenomenon in 1929. This observation supports the expansion of the universe and suggests that the universe was once compacted.
Third, if the universe was initially very, very hot as the Big Bang suggests, we should be able to find some remnant of this heat. In 1965, Radioastronomers Arno Penzias and Robert Wilson discovered a 2.725 degree Kelvin (-454.765 degree Fahrenheit, -270.425 degree Celsius) Cosmic Microwave Background radiation (CMB) which pervades the observable universe. This is thought to be the remnant which scientists were looking for. Penzias and Wilson shared in the 1978 Nobel Prize for Physics for their discovery.
Finally, the abundance of the "light elements" Hydrogen and Helium found in the observable universe are thought to support the Big Bang model of origins.

And from here: <http://www.schoolsobservatory.org.uk/learn/astro/cosmos/bigbang/bb_evid>

1. Redshift of Galaxies

2. Microwave Background

3. Mixture of Elements

4. Looking back in time

And here <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang#Observational_evidence>

"Observational evidence
5.1Hubble's law and the expansion of space
5.2Cosmic microwave background radiation
5.3Abundance of primordial elements
5.4Galactic evolution and distribution
5.5Primordial gas clouds
5.6Other lines of evidence
5.7
2017-10-31 19:48:42 UTC
Post by Jahnu
On Mon, 30 Oct 2017 12:44:48 -0700 (PDT), Cloud Hobbit
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Appears to whom?
To thinking people.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
The big bang happened. There is evidence for it No matter if you think it was the beginning of the universe or not.
Because you say so? hahaha :) What evidence might that be, bozo?
--but, but this dude in a lab coat told me so himself. I saw it on
TV.
Atheists always moan and whine about proof and evidence. They seem to
forget that their own belief system, abiogenesis - ie. the funny idea
that matter creates life - is completely unfounded, blind belief. Why
don't atheists demand proof of that?
Showing that Jesper doesn't know beans about abiogenesis. He is so limited by the idea that something with self-awareness is needed to create life that
his 'mind' can't go beyond this. You could explain this to him in words of no more than two syllables, and he still wouldn't understand it - only partly
because he doesn't want to. It is simply beyond his mental capacity. All he
can do is repeat nonsense that makes him feel comfortable. He doesn't have
to understand. He just has to accept, like any religious fanatic.
Post by Jahnu
[...]
From the highest planet in the material world down to the lowest, all
Atlatl Axolotl
2017-10-30 19:53:00 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Big Bang?
What appears to have happened is a Creation
rather than a BB, simply because there is no
mechanism that would allow the Universe to
begin in an arbitrary state and then evolve into
the highly ordered state that there is today.
On account of this orderliness, we can precisely
predict the path of celestial bodies and eclipses
thousands of years into the future.
Which would not be possible if the origin of
the Universe were the result of an explosion.
Really, it ain't all that complex.

http://alturl.com/5ypte

a2
b***@m.nu
2017-10-30 19:36:30 UTC
On Sun, 29 Oct 2017 17:44:11 -0700 (PDT), Cloud Hobbit
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Big Bang?
Do have one, won't you?
Just make it a place where you won't be a troll.
CH, janet only does this to get attention, thusly continuing the
lineage of trolldom in its genealogy, I am sure they were all bat shit
crazy...
Cloud Hobbit
2017-10-30 19:58:50 UTC
I'm sure Jesper is a loon.

Normally, I ignore it completely.

As I tend to do with Bob, Andrew, Kurt, and now Madjoe. There simply is no point in engaging with them. Their arguments amount to nothing more than the typical theist bullshit, lies, distortions, quote mining, outdated science, and denials.

I see no point in engaging with them. Madjoe is IMO simply a troll who can't be as wrong as he is without effort.

The same applies to the others.

They provoke in order to engage in a battle that can't be won.
You can't win against someone who
just ignores reality.

Being crazy wouldn't allow them to be as completely wrong as they are. Jesper is a true believer and a coward who just runs away when shit gets to real.
b***@m.nu
2017-10-30 22:41:25 UTC
On Mon, 30 Oct 2017 12:58:50 -0700 (PDT), Cloud Hobbit
Post by Cloud Hobbit
I'm sure Jesper is a loon.
Normally, I ignore it completely.
As I tend to do with Bob, Andrew, Kurt, and now Madjoe. There simply is no point in engaging with them. Their arguments amount to nothing more than the typical theist bullshit, lies, distortions, quote mining, outdated science, and denials.
I see no point in engaging with them. Madjoe is IMO simply a troll who can't be as wrong as he is without effort.
The same applies to the others.
They provoke in order to engage in a battle that can't be won.
You can't win against someone who
just ignores reality.
Being crazy wouldn't allow them to be as completely wrong as they are. Jesper is a true believer and a coward who just runs away when shit gets to real.
They are all very very lonely not to mention they are all masochists.
They fully enjoy being made fun of and being embarrassed. They live
moment to moment hoping the next moment they will be insulted in some
way in order to fill their attention quota for the day