Testimony in Support of Texas Senate Bill 6
jdyoung
2017-03-08 04:45:39 UTC
Testimony in Support of Texas Senate Bill 6
By Tony Perkins, President
Family Research Council
Washington, D.C.
March 7, 2017

Good morning. My name is Tony Perkins. It is an honor to be back
testifying before the Texas Legislature. The last time I was here, I
was a legislator from Louisiana, and George W. Bush was governor, so
it’s been a few years.

Today I am here in my capacity as President of the Family Research
Council in Washington, D.C., speaking in support of Senate Bill 6.
This bill is simple, and it is timely. S.B. 6 takes a common sense
approach to an issue of public safety and personal privacy—
namely, that showers, bathrooms and changing facilities designated for
males or females should be used only by people of that biological sex.
The reason we have separate “boys’ rooms” and “girls’ rooms” is not
because their “gender identities” are different or their “gender
expression” is different. It is because their basic physical anatomy
is different.

As a parent of 5 children, I am more than sympathetic to the
sensitivity and the self consciousness that students have in
undressing in a school locker room, or taking a shower in front of
their peers—it would be traumatic for many children and adolescents to
do so in the
presence of someone of the opposite biological sex.

Although these concerns regarding physical privacy and modesty are
especially acute for children in schools, the same concerns apply to
adults in bathrooms or changing facilities located in buildings
operated by state or local government. Many people in debates across
the nation have pointed out, allowing people to choose bathrooms
and changing facilities on the basis of their “gender identity” rather
than biological sex creates a potential danger.

Let me emphasize that the threat does not primarily come from persons
who identify as transgender. Rather, it comes from those who might
exploit the situation by posing as transgender to gain easier access
to (usually) women’s bathrooms or changing facilities, where
they can engage in voyeurism, indecent exposure, or even sexual
assault.

Some people claim that such incidents never happen. Perhaps they’ve
never heard of Robert Domaskyi—a man who posed as a female
cheerleading coach and entered the girls’ locker room of a high school
in Greensburg, Pennsylvania, intending to lure one of the girls to his
home. Perhaps they’ve never heard of Colleen Francisii, a 45-year-old
biological male who claims to be a transgender female. He exposed his
male genitalia through the glass window of a sauna to a group of high
school girls who were using the locker room at Evergreen State College
in the state of Washington. Maybe they’ve also never heard of
Christopher Hambrookiii—a convicted sex offender who posed as a
transgender female to enter a women’s shelter in Toronto, Canada and
proceeded to sexually assault a woman on her bed.

Now, some people may argue that we have laws against these behaviors
already and new laws won’t deter them. Others may argue that such
predators will attempt such harmful conduct regardless of the law.
These arguments ignore the deterrent value of the ordinary citizen
empowered to sound the alarm when something appears out of place—like
a biological male in a women’s locker room. Women and girls may be
less willing and less likely to “say something if they see something”
out of fear they would be charged with “gender identity
discrimination.” It was welcome news when President Trump’s
administration recently withdrew an Obama administration policy that
sought to impose a transgender bathroom and locker room policy on
every school in the country. However, the withdrawal of the Obama
administration guidance to schools does not eliminate the threat to
privacy and security. It is now up to state legislatures to ensure the
safety and well-being of their citizens. That is why S.B. 6 is timely
and will influence the rest of the nation.

This bill responds to a potential threat not just from the federal
government, but from local governments and school districts within
Texas that might choose to adopt “non-discrimination” laws or policies
that elevate “gender identity” over biological sex and thereby
threatening the security and privacy of Texans. That’s exactly what
happened in Houston—until the people placed the issue on the ballot
and overturned the action of the City Council and Mayor. Keep in mind
that this bill leaves private entities—stores, restaurants, corporate
offices, sporting leagues—completely free to establish whatever policy
they wish for the facilities under their control.

S.B. 6 allows individuals to access facilities consistent with their
gender or chosen “gender identity” as reflected on their birth
certificate. Additionally, S.B. 6 expressly authorizes the provision
of accommodation in the form of a single-occupancy bathroom or
changing facility. Senate Bill 6 thus actually provides for the
legitimate needs of the 0.6% of the population that reportedly
identify as transgender, without trampling on the rights to safety and
privacy of the vast majority.

I urge you to support this legislation

J Young
***@ymail.com

http://www.americandecency.org/
Jeanne Douglas
2017-03-08 08:12:56 UTC
Post by jdyoung
Testimony in Support of Texas Senate Bill 6
By Tony Perkins, President
Who cares what vile things that monster thinks?
--
JD

"May your winter feast be an orgy of delight"
-- The Big Furry, Late Show with Stephen
Colbert
jdyoung
2017-03-08 20:50:28 UTC
On Wed, 08 Mar 2017 00:12:56 -0800, Jeanne Douglas
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by jdyoung
Testimony in Support of Texas Senate Bill 6
By Tony Perkins, President
Who cares what vile things that monster thinks?
The Texas State Senate; the very people who will decide whether to
pass Bill 6 or not.

J Young
***@ymail.com
Jeanne Douglas

Colbert
jdyoung
2017-03-08 21:09:29 UTC
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by jdyoung
Testimony in Support of Texas Senate Bill 6
By Tony Perkins, President
Who cares what vile things that monster thinks?
The Texas State Senate; the very people who will decide whether to
pass Bill 6 or not.
Those murderers?
Which member(s) of the Texas Senate was convicted of murder?

J Young
***@ymail.com

I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it's for or against.
-Malcolm X
Jeanne Douglas
2017-03-08 22:16:22 UTC
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by jdyoung
Testimony in Support of Texas Senate Bill 6
By Tony Perkins, President
Who cares what vile things that monster thinks?
The Texas State Senate; the very people who will decide whether to
pass Bill 6 or not.
Those murderers?
Which member(s) of the Texas Senate was convicted of murder?
Every one of them who voted to leave hundreds of thousands of poor women
with no access to health care.

Colbert
jdyoung
2017-03-08 22:44:09 UTC
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by jdyoung
Testimony in Support of Texas Senate Bill 6
By Tony Perkins, President
Who cares what vile things that monster thinks?
The Texas State Senate; the very people who will decide whether to
pass Bill 6 or not.
Those murderers?
Which member(s) of the Texas Senate was convicted of murder?
Every one of them who voted to leave hundreds of thousands of poor women
with no access to health care.
There should be a record somewhere of the trial that convicted them.
Google doesn't seem to find anything. Are you, by chance, just spweing
b.s. out of your ass again?

J Young
***@ymail.com
Jeanne Douglas
2017-03-08 22:51:16 UTC
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by jdyoung
Testimony in Support of Texas Senate Bill 6
By Tony Perkins, President
Who cares what vile things that monster thinks?
The Texas State Senate; the very people who will decide whether to
pass Bill 6 or not.
Those murderers?
Which member(s) of the Texas Senate was convicted of murder?
Every one of them who voted to leave hundreds of thousands of poor women
with no access to health care.
There should be a record somewhere of the trial that convicted them.
Google doesn't seem to find anything. Are you, by chance, just spweing
b.s. out of your ass again?
No, I'm being hyperbolic to make a point.

Colbert
hypatiab7
2017-03-09 08:25:24 UTC
Post by jdyoung
Testimony in Support of Texas Senate Bill 6
By Tony Perkins, President
Who cares what vile things that monster thinks?
J is desperate for attention again. That's his only reason for posting such articles. Aside from them and possible forgeries, he has nothing to say.
He's old and empty. The old J is long gone.
Jeanne Douglas
2017-03-09 11:22:11 UTC
Post by jdyoung
Testimony in Support of Texas Senate Bill 6
By Tony Perkins, President
Who cares what vile things that monster thinks?
J is desperate for attention again. That's his only reason for posting such
articles. Aside from them and possible forgeries, he has nothing to say.
He's old and empty. The old J is long gone.
I get a kick out of his lame attempts at passive aggression. He's just
so obvious and ham-handed.

Colbert
Siri Cruise
2017-03-08 14:32:14 UTC
Post by jdyoung
As a parent of 5 children, I am more than sympathetic to the
sensitivity and the self consciousness that students have in
undressing in a school locker room, or taking a shower in front of
their peers—it would be traumatic for many children and adolescents to
But not sympathetic enough to bypass all these by paying for individualised
showers.
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.'
Free the Amos Yee one.
Yeah, too bad about your so-called life. Ha-ha.
Cloud Hobbit
2017-03-09 00:08:38 UTC
Post by jdyoung
[...]
If you have ever been to a concert, you know that nobody really gives a fuck what the sign on the bathroom says. When you gotta goo, you gotta go and you don't care what the person in the next stall looks like or what fucking pronouns they use to describe themselves.

There is no harm that can come to anybody from people using another bathroom other than the one for the gender they were born with.

I'm sure if you had your way there would be another bathroom for Jews.
That just naturally goes along with you being a bigot and an anti-semite.
jdyoung
2017-03-09 04:19:51 UTC
On Wed, 8 Mar 2017 16:08:38 -0800 (PST), Cloud Hobbit
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by jdyoung
Testimony in Support of Texas Senate Bill 6
By Tony Perkins, President
Family Research Council
Washington, D.C.
March 7, 2017
If you have ever been to a concert, you know that nobody really gives a fuck what the sign on the bathroom says. When you gotta goo, you gotta go and you don't care what the person in the next stall looks like or what fucking pronouns they use to describe themselves.
There is no harm that can come to anybody from people using another bathroom other than the one for the gender they were born with.
For the vast majority of circumstances where people of the opposite
sex would share bathroom or locker room facilities, there would be no
problems. However, there have already been enough incidents where
grown men have sexually assaulted young girls and women because they
were granted unabated access to areas where females should feel safe
from perverts. Any rapist can claim they 'identify as a woman' and
there are no provisions in place to keep these vermin from such
facilities. Only an all-encompassing law separating the sexes can help
prevent such happenings
Post by Cloud Hobbit
I'm sure if you had your way there would be another bathroom for Jews.
That just naturally goes along with you being a bigot and an anti-semite.
I'm not sure how I got this reputation as an anti-Semite, other than
mickey's obsession with Nazis and her dislike for me. I am always the
first, and usually the only person, to offer greetings to all of our
contributors on Jewish holidays.

Jeanne Douglas
2017-03-09 06:00:33 UTC
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by jdyoung
[...]
Prove it. Let's see any examples of a woman or girl assaulted by a trans
woman.

Colbert
Jeanne Douglas
2017-03-09 06:01:17 UTC
Post by jdyoung
I'm not sure how I got this reputation as an anti-Semite, other than
mickey's obsession with Nazis and her dislike for me. I am always the
first, and usually the only person, to offer greetings to all of our
contributors on Jewish holidays.
When it's snarky and passive aggressive, it doesn't count.

Colbert
Smiler
2017-03-09 20:06:09 UTC
Post by jdyoung
On Wed, 8 Mar 2017 16:08:38 -0800 (PST), Cloud Hobbit
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Testimony in Support of Texas Senate Bill 6 By Tony Perkins, President
Family Research Council Washington, D.C.
March 7, 2017
If you have ever been to a concert, you know that nobody really gives a
fuck what the sign on the bathroom says. When you gotta goo, you gotta
go and you don't care what the person in the next stall looks like or
what fucking pronouns they use to describe themselves.
There is no harm that can come to anybody from people using another
bathroom other than the one for the gender they were born with.
For the vast majority of circumstances where people of the opposite sex
would share bathroom or locker room facilities, there would be no
problems. However, there have already been enough incidents where grown
men have sexually assaulted young girls and women because they were
granted unabated access to areas where females should feel safe from
perverts.
Females should feel safe from perverts _everywhere_.
What additional laws are you going to introduce to prevent perverts
walking in the park? On the street? On buses? On trains?
Post by jdyoung
Any rapist can claim they 'identify as a woman' and there are
no provisions in place to keep these vermin from such facilities.
Or from the park, street, trains and buses.
Post by jdyoung
Only an all-encompassing law separating the sexes can help prevent such
happenings
It would also prevent marriage and procreation.
--
Smiler,
The godless one. a.a.# 2279
2017-03-10 01:21:50 UTC
Post by jdyoung
Any rapist can claim they 'identify as a woman' and there are
no provisions in place to keep these vermin from such facilities.
Hey, if someone chooses to go through the hormonal and other steps to be
a trans that isn't trans, that would be really stupid, now wouldn't it?

Colbert
Davej
2017-03-09 20:11:20 UTC
Post by jdyoung
Testimony in Support of Texas Senate Bill 6
[...]
Today I am here in my capacity as President of the Family Research
Council in Washington, D.C.
See...

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/group/family-research-council