FAQ: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)?
!! Atheist ------------------------------
2018-02-20 12:32:45 UTC
Q: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)? Any at all?
A: Nope, none at all.

However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
--
There is no verifiable evidence of any god(s). None whatsoever.
Extortion (Believe or Burn) is *THE* foundation of Christianity.
Sycophant: a compulsive ass-kisser of un-evidenced dictator god.
abelard
2018-02-20 13:11:46 UTC
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 04:32:45 -0800, "!! Atheist
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Q: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)? Any at all?
A: Nope, none at all.
However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
why?

you have your religion...why should anyone disturb it?
www.abelard.org
Yap Honghor
This from someone who cannot understand atheism isn;t a religion?
abelard
2018-02-20 17:14:43 UTC
And in a sense he is. There used to be belief in fairies/good spirits/ evil spirits. So long as that belief persisted they existed in reality or consciousness. Materially of course, they didn't.
the brain is material

so is the world which according to our mad atheist religion
appeared by magic...

just like that!

humans know nothing and atheists know even less
www.abelard.org
Yap Honghor
2018-02-21 00:05:44 UTC
Post by abelard
And in a sense he is. There used to be belief in fairies/good spirits/ evil spirits. So long as that belief persisted they existed in reality or consciousness. Materially of course, they didn't.
the brain is material
so is the world which according to our mad atheist religion
appeared by magic...
And you have a bloody stupid pixie which came from nowhere to create things?
But it stopped just like that?
Post by abelard
just like that!
humans know nothing and atheists know even less
And you are a mouse which knows even less?
Post by abelard
www.abelard.org
abelard
2018-02-20 17:22:23 UTC
On Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 12:31:48 PM UTC, !! Atheist
Q: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)? Any at all?
A: Nope, none at all.
Of course there is!
Millions of people believe in him. Many devote their lives to him. Some
have
even died for him. He is in them! How can you possibly say he does not
exist?
Although no one said he didn’t exist. They asked if there was any
verifiable evidence; and your idea of belief being evidence does not prove
anything except you lie even more than you accuse me of doing.
Which presupposes that to qualify as proof or evidence then evidence has to
have material nature and is denied abstract form. Possess the quality of
reality. But abstract forms can have reality. A mathematical concept for
instance.
But no one was asking that question.
They asked if there is verifiable evidence of god, which there is not.
The people I have described possess faith. Faith is real. It steers people in
"Except ye be converted, and become as little children, [have total trust in
faith] ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."
Matthew 18:3
Does that quote sound to you like it was the original text from the entity
which allegedly created heaven and earth, and loves everything?
Do as I say, or you will not get into my big after-life party?
Religion is faith without it there can be no religion or belief and hence no
God. Rationality has nothing to do with religion. You are operating at
another level or in a a different dimension
The same evidence that we have for him not to exist in any form - none.
You can't respectably prove a negative for a start.
You seem to be placing your god on the same level as leprechauns.
And in a sense he is.
And is there any verifiable evidence to show leprechauns exist?
No.
There used to be belief in fairies/good spirits/ evil
spirits.
Yes, “used to be”. In other words as humans became more intelligent they
began to discover why things (originally attributable to spirits) happened.
no 'they' didn't...'they' just made up ever more complex reasons

because of 'god' becomes because of 'gravity'
'the creation' become 'the big bang'....

vanity, vanity, all is vanity...ecclesiastes 1:2
Maybe one day, humans will discover how to create a single cell reproducible
life-form from a soup of organic chemicals?
out of nothing perhaps?
Where will religious texts stand then?
just about where they are now
www.abelard.org
Svenne
2018-02-20 21:54:22 UTC
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Q: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)? Any at all?
A: Nope, none at all.
However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
Only stuff in the universe subject to the laws of physics can be proven
to exist. Since God is the creator of the universe and external to it
Gods existence cannot be proven by means which are applicable to the
universe and the stuff in it.

The above limitation is also why science cannot say anything about why
stuff exists and how it came into existence.
johnny-knowall
2018-02-20 22:02:14 UTC
Post by Svenne
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 04:32:45 -0800, !! Atheist
Q: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)? Any at all?
A: Nope, none at all.
However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
Only stuff in the universe subject to the laws of physics can be proven
to exist.
Well that rules out black holes for starters.

Maybe god is a black hole?
Post by Svenne
Since God is the creator of the universe
How can he create a universe which obeys the laws of physics if he is
external to it.

Who then created the laws of physics?
Svenne
2018-02-20 23:21:46 UTC
Post by johnny-knowall
Post by Svenne
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 04:32:45 -0800, !! Atheist
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Nope, none at all.
However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
Only stuff in the universe subject to the laws of physics can be proven
to exist.
Well that rules out black holes for starters.
Much can be said about black holes, they are objects with an event
horizon, so far are the laws of physics applicable. The laws of physics
break down at the singularity.
Post by johnny-knowall
Maybe god is a black hole?
No, a black hole is an object with an event horizon that exists in the
universe. The singularity is somewhat more tricky.
Post by johnny-knowall
Post by Svenne
Since God is the creator of the universe
How can he create a universe which obeys the laws of physics if he is
external to it.
Science cannot say anything about why stuff came into existence, only
that it did so. Science can only say how it works after it came into
existence.
Post by johnny-knowall
Who then created the laws of physics?
That is something that science cannot explain. Science can only be
concerned with things that are subject to its laws.
John Baker
2018-02-20 22:29:48 UTC
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Q: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)? Any at all?
A: Nope, none at all.
However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
Only stuff in the universe subject to the laws of physics can be proven
to exist. Since God is the creator of the universe and external to it
Gods existence cannot be proven by means which are applicable to the
universe and the stuff in it.
Somehow I don't think this qualifies as legit evidence...
Ted
LOL.
Svenne
2018-02-20 23:31:48 UTC
Post by John Baker
Post by Svenne
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 04:32:45 -0800, !! Atheist
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Nope, none at all.
However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
Only stuff in the universe subject to the laws of physics can be
proven to exist. Since God is the creator of the universe and external
to it Gods existence cannot be proven by means which are applicable to
the universe and the stuff in it.
Somehow I don't think this qualifies as legit evidence...
I didn't say it was evidence. I made it clear it is impossible to provide
evidence so you are quite mistaken about what you claim I said.
Ted
I apologize.
Svenne
2018-02-21 00:16:56 UTC
Post by Svenne
Post by John Baker
Post by Svenne
Only stuff in the universe subject to the laws of physics can be
proven to exist. Since God is the creator of the universe and
external to it Gods existence cannot be proven by means which are
applicable to the universe and the stuff in it.
Somehow I don't think this qualifies as legit evidence...
I didn't say it was evidence. I made it clear it is impossible to
provide evidence so you are quite mistaken about what you claim I said.
I apologize.
Oh, that's OK, no bother.

I was hoping for a massive counter attack, nothing like a good set to
with an atheist for sharpening the mind.
Ted
2018-02-21 00:32:19 UTC
Post by Svenne
Post by Ted
Post by Svenne
Post by John Baker
Post by Svenne
Only stuff in the universe subject to the laws of physics can be
proven to exist. Since God is the creator of the universe and
external to it Gods existence cannot be proven by means which are
applicable to the universe and the stuff in it.
Somehow I don't think this qualifies as legit evidence...
I didn't say it was evidence. I made it clear it is impossible to
provide evidence so you are quite mistaken about what you claim I said.
I apologize.
Oh, that's OK, no bother.
I was hoping for a massive counter attack, nothing like a good set to
with an atheist for sharpening the mind.
You don't want me, then. I'm stupid and not really an atheist. But there
are some brilliant people here who will oblige you.

Ted
2018-02-20 22:38:49 UTC
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Q: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)? Any at all?
A: Nope, none at all.
However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
Only stuff in the universe subject to the laws of physics can be proven
to exist. Since God is the creator of the universe and external to it
Gods existence cannot be proven by means which are applicable to the
universe and the stuff in it.
Exactly! And that's why you should also believe in flubdescrunts. You do,
right?
Svenne
2018-02-20 23:43:28 UTC
Post by Svenne
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 04:32:45 -0800, !! Atheist
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Nope, none at all.
However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
Only stuff in the universe subject to the laws of physics can be proven
to exist. Since God is the creator of the universe and external to it
Gods existence cannot be proven by means which are applicable to the
universe and the stuff in it.
Exactly! And that's why you should also believe in flubdescrunts. You
do, right?
I never said I believed in anything, I merely said that the laws of
physics are limited to the universe and how it works and have nothing at
all to say about anything beyond it.
Robert Carnegie
2018-02-20 23:55:29 UTC
Post by Svenne
Post by Ted
Post by Svenne
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 04:32:45 -0800, !! Atheist
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Nope, none at all.
However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
Only stuff in the universe subject to the laws of physics can be proven
to exist. Since God is the creator of the universe and external to it
Gods existence cannot be proven by means which are applicable to the
universe and the stuff in it.
Exactly! And that's why you should also believe in flubdescrunts. You
do, right?
I never said I believed in anything, I merely said that the laws of
physics are limited to the universe and how it works and have nothing at
all to say about anything beyond it.
The word "universe" means "everything", so anything that is
"beyond the universe", in fact is in the universe.

And I think it's actually part of the proper definition of a god
that he or she can set aside the laws of physics; this is called
doing a miracle. It also is what you usually pray to the god for:
to ask for a miracle to help you.
Ted
Sorry.
Svenne
2018-02-21 00:28:24 UTC
Post by Svenne
I never said I believed in anything, I merely said that the laws of
physics are limited to the universe and how it works and have nothing
at all to say about anything beyond it.
Sorry.
Exploring the limits of knowledge is interesting and engaging
materialists and atheists is particularly interesting. It's fun giving
them a tough time. Much can be learned.

I liked the guy who brought up black holes as evidence that things beyond
the laws of physics can be proven to exist. Clever, an interesting line
of thought lies in that direction.