Pope says evolution and the Big bang are real
2018-06-13 22:01:44 UTC
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/10/28/pope-francis-evolution-big-bang/18053509/

Josephine McKenna, Religion News Service Published 11:47 a.m. ET Oct. 28, 2014 | Updated 2:56 p.m. ET Oct. 28, 2014
Pope Francis

(Photo: Angelo Carconi, EPA)
CONNECTTWEETLINKEDIN 1 COMMENTEMAILMORE

VATICAN CITY — Pope Francis has waded into the controversial debate over the origins of human life, saying the big bang theory did not contradict the role of a divine creator, but even required it.

The pope was addressing the plenary assembly of the Pontifical Academy of Sciences, which gathered Monday at the Vatican to discuss "Evolving Concepts of Nature."

"When we read about Creation in Genesis, we run the risk of imagining God was a magician, with a magic wand able to do everything. But that is not so," Francis said.

"He created human beings and let them develop according to the internal laws that he gave to each one so they would reach their fulfillment."

Francis said the beginning of the world was not "a work of chaos" but created from a principle of love. He said sometimes competing beliefs in creation and evolution could co-exist.

"God is not a divine being or a magician, but the Creator who brought everything to life," the pope said. "Evolution in nature is not inconsistent with the notion of creation, because evolution requires the creation of beings that evolve."

Unlike much of evangelical Protestantism in the U.S., Catholic teaching traditionally has not been at odds with evolution. In 1950, Pope Pius XII proclaimed there was no opposition between evolution and Catholic doctrine. In 1996, St. John Paul II endorsed Pius' statement.

Some wondered if Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI wanted to change that when he and some acolytes seemed to endorse the theory of intelligent design, the idea that the world is too complex to have evolved according to Charles Darwin's theory of natural selection.
Slaveholders Can Tell Me Nothing About Human Right
2018-06-13 22:26:31 UTC
[...]
Why do you think they-the popes- turned a magnificent system to govern a nation into a kind of international(universal) organization?
Nothing but trickery
b***@m.nu
2018-06-14 00:59:14 UTC
On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 15:01:44 -0700 (PDT), Cloud Hobbit
Post by Cloud Hobbit
[...]
he is basically repeating the same exact stuff pope john paul II said
back in the 90's
Atlatl Axolotl
2018-06-14 01:06:57 UTC
Post by Cloud Hobbit
[...]
Yes, but Ratzinger then looked like he was walking that back some.

AA
Michael Cole
2018-06-14 02:51:29 UTC
Ratzinger bore a very close resemblance to Emperor Palpatine.
hypatiab7(hypatiab7)
2018-06-14 09:41:06 UTC
Post by Michael Cole
Ratzinger bore a very close resemblance to Emperor Palpatine.
That kind of evil and power corrupts completely inside and out. The movie
character was a good example of that. And, if he hadn't been destroyed, he
probably wouldn't have lived much longer. He was prematurely aged and
mentally deranged. Using his strongest powers was slowly killing him. That's
why the idea of Palpatine cloning himself was later developed. But, I always
wondered if his clones would also have metachlorians like the original.
Castrate The Eternal Conspirators As We Hang FagZ
2018-06-14 14:17:51 UTC
Post by hypatiab7(hypatiab7)
Post by Michael Cole
Ratzinger bore a very close resemblance to Emperor Palpatine.
That kind of evil and power corrupts completely inside and out. The movie
character was a good example of that. And, if he hadn't been destroyed, he
probably wouldn't have lived much longer. He was prematurely aged and
mentally deranged. Using his strongest powers was slowly killing him. That's
why the idea of Palpatine cloning himself was later developed. But, I always
wondered if his clones would also have metachlorians like the original.
We are NOT One.... Where did you get your idea that we were ONE with godless heathens?