Organic molecules make up half of Comet 67P
Add Reply
Gronk
2017-12-06 04:23:01 UTC
http://www.astronomy.com/news/2017/12/comet-67p
Organic molecules make up half of Comet 67P

Today, in a study published in Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical
Society, the Rosetta team added onto the space probe’s already impressive
legacy, finding that organic molecules make up about half of the dust
emitted by Comet 67P. “Rosetta's comet thus belongs to the most
carbon-rich bodies we know in the solar system,” said co-author Oliver
Stenzel in a press release.

http://www.mps.mpg.de/Rosetta-A-Comet-s-List-of-Ingredients
Rosetta: A Comet’s List of Ingredients
For the first time, researchers from the COSIMA team present a
quantitative analysis of which chemical elements make up comet
67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko.

https://academic.oup.com/mnras/article/469/Suppl_2/S712/4670835
Carbon-rich dust in comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko measured by COSIMA/Rosetta
Andrew

Siri Cruise
2017-12-06 11:44:09 UTC
Post by Andrew
There is a big difference between carbon rich dust and a
living, reproducing organism. Only God can create life.
There is evidence of complex organic molecules, including amino acids,
nucleotides, other phosphates, and their predecessors in space. That proves
these molecules are abundant and easily formed.

The next question is put these in water, add moderate energy from the sun or
geothermal vents, and what are the likely products of their collisions?

All cells are bags of lipid bilayers. Enough lipids in water naturally form
bilayer bags. How likely are lipids to form and run into each other?

Currently there is no evidence for or against spontaneous life. It's unlikely we
will ever be able to prove that either way on Earth.

A god could have started the universe and its processes knowing that somewhere
life would arise spontaneously. That still make life a creation of the god, but
an indirect creation. Why do you call that heretical?
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
2017-12-06 15:01:09 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
A god could have started the universe and its processes knowing that somewhere
life would arise spontaneously. That still make life a creation of the god, but
an indirect creation. Why do you call that heretical?
In fact, many religions do not insist on the Genesis account of creation
of life ex nihilo, and are perfectly fine with the idea of their ghod as
an author of natural law, who set things in motion and let them take their
course. Said natural law could easily include what would look like
abiogenesis to skeptics, and any installation of "souls" in beings
evolved centuries or millennia later would be considered the act of
"special creation."

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theistic_evolution

Of course, these believers are not "young earth creationists," which
probably means the aren't biblical literalists. It is biblical literalism
that drives the YEC's version of intelligent design. It is not a
scientific position that yields an interest in searching for a creating
intelligence. It is a believer trying to reconcile what they already
take as fact with the observed universe, however much those two views
may seem to be in conflict.

Kevin R
TheRealMccoy
2017-12-06 18:24:42 UTC
Alpha helix amino acids are cleaved by the great solvator, water
Atlatl Axolotl
2017-12-06 18:49:23 UTC
On Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 11:24:46 AM UTC-7, TheRealMccoy wrote:
.> Alpha helix amino acids are cleaved by the great solvator, water

There is no such thing as an "alpha helix amino acid"

There are alpha helices in in some proteins, which are composed, as all proteins
are, of amino acids.

Proteins are stable in water, although water can disrupt the helical structure.
Is that what you're saying?

Aa
Cloud Hobbit
2017-12-06 21:58:23 UTC
There is no such thing as an "alpha helix amino acid"

There are alpha helices in in some proteins, which are composed, as all proteins
are, of amino acids.

Proteins are stable in water, although water can disrupt the helical structure.
Is that what you're saying?
__________

He doesn't know or he just made it up. Nothing TRM ever says has any basis in reality. Remember, this is a guy who claims he has been in a flying saucer that dropped nukes on the earth.

He's troll whose sole reason for being here is to be an annoying asshole.

He has that in common with Andrew and some others.
TheRealMccoy
2017-12-06 23:13:38 UTC
Bullshit.
I am traveling and do not have access to a computer to search and put tons of studies on this topic in here right now, and I havent slept, when I get access to a computer again I will bury you on this topic idiot
Will be on I 70 en route to st George
In four hours or so
TheRealMccoy
2017-12-06 23:16:53 UTC
If science had created a lifeform cell it would have been all over the news bigger than your cloned sheep story
Atlatl Axolotl
2017-12-07 01:54:31 UTC
Post by Atlatl Axolotl
There is no such thing as an "alpha helix amino acid"
There are alpha helices in in some proteins, which are composed, as all proteins
are, of amino acids.
Proteins are stable in water, although water can disrupt the helical structure.
Is that what you're saying?
__________
.> He doesn't know or he just made it up. Nothing TRM ever says has any basis in reality. Remember, this is a guy who claims he has been in a flying saucer that dropped nukes on the earth.

That said, I actually think he's brighter than a bunch of others here.

But yeah, he does just look things up and then make posts like that.

AA
Gronk
2017-12-13 03:49:03 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Andrew
There is a big difference between carbon rich dust and a
living, reproducing organism. Only God can create life.
There is evidence of complex organic molecules, including amino acids,
nucleotides, other phosphates, and their predecessors in space. That proves
these molecules are abundant and easily formed.
Amino acids found on a comet back in 2009

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn17628-found-first-amino-acid-on-a-comet/
Andrew
2017-12-13 09:06:23 UTC
Post by Gronk
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Andrew
There is a big difference between carbon rich dust and a
living, reproducing organism. Only God can create life.
There is evidence of complex organic molecules, including amino acids,
nucleotides, other phosphates, and their predecessors in space. That proves
these molecules are abundant and easily formed.
Amino acids found on a comet back in 2009
https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn17628-found-first-amino-acid-on-a-comet/
You can assemble all the amino acids you want right here on Earth.

They do not assemble themselves into biological proteins of living
things.

Why? Because here in the real world -->it doesn't work that way.

THIS is how a biological protein is assembled from amino acids.

-->

It is really amazing.

-->

hypatiab7
2017-12-06 14:35:11 UTC
Post by Andrew
There is a big difference between carbon rich dust and a
living, reproducing organism. Only God can create life.
You still haven't provided evidence that your god (whether material
or not) ever existed, Andyroo. You keep running away like a scared
puppy, yipping over your shoulder. You have no evidence. You only
have religious faith which is proof of nothing.
Andrew
2017-12-06 17:24:21 UTC
Post by Andrew
There is a big difference between carbon rich dust and a
living, reproducing organism. Only God can create life.
You still haven't provided evidence that your god
(whether material or not) ever existed, Andyroo.
Evidence:

The entire created Universe with the life therein in all
of its perfection, wonder and beauty. The evidence has
been there all along.

Enjoy!
John Locke
2017-12-07 06:30:51 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by hypatiab7
Post by Andrew
There is a big difference between carbon rich dust and a
living, reproducing organism. Only God can create life.
You still haven't provided evidence that your god
(whether material or not) ever existed, Andyroo.
The entire created Universe with the life therein in all
of its perfection, wonder and beauty. The evidence has
been there all along.
...every university and research facility on the planet vehemently
disagrees with you and your delusional fundy cohorts. I'd think by now
you'd get the hint that there's something seriously haywire with your
"hypothesis".
Post by Andrew
Enjoy!
...we do...without demeaning nature by attributing the wonder of
nature's processes to some weird ass, imaginary god.
Gronk
2017-12-13 03:45:53 UTC
Post by Andrew
There is a big difference between carbon rich dust and a
Follow the links.

"we conclude that 67P particles are made of nearly 50 per cent organic
matter in mass"
Post by Andrew
living, reproducing organism. Only God can create life.
Oh? Haven't heard of synthetic biology?
Andrew
2017-12-13 09:07:19 UTC
Post by Andrew
living, reproducing organism. Only God can create life.
Oh?
Again ---> *only God can create life*.
Post by Gronk
Haven't heard of synthetic biology?
That is attempting to program life, not *create* life.

He is most awesome. He is real.
#BeamMeUpScotty
2017-12-13 21:38:11 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by Gronk
Post by Andrew
Post by Gronk
[...]
That is only one option.... there are a few more.

Believe the one you want believe.
--
That's Karma

*Rumination*
112 - They tell me that Liberalism is dead... I tell them it lives in a
constant state of failure.
Peter Pan
2017-12-14 20:27:08 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by Andrew
living, reproducing organism. Only God can create life.
Oh?
Again ---> *only God can create life*.
You go, Andy! Give that sorry-ass strawman the
smackdown. Rip his head off and set him on fire. Make
him rue the day he was born.

That'll teach the unbelievers to fuck with you.
Post by Andrew
Again ---> *only God can create life*.
Nope, humans can figure that out too. Within a century,
it will be done. Write that on your calendar.
Post by Andrew
He is most awesome. He is real.
Your AC isn't very awesome. He must be ashamed of
something, the way he hides in the shadows.

'Course, if my servants were running around dispensing
such horseshit in my name, i'd be pretty embarrassed too.
Siri Cruise
2017-12-14 20:58:08 UTC
Post by Peter Pan
Nope, humans can figure that out too. Within a century,
it will be done. Write that on your calendar.
That's a statement of faith, not fact.
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
#BeamMeUpScotty
2017-12-14 21:11:56 UTC
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Andrew
Post by Andrew
Again ---> *only God can create life*.
Nope, humans can figure that out too. Within a century,
it will be done. Write that on your calendar.
Then we will be the Gods.... to that life.
--
That's Karma

The *REAL CHILD PREDATORS* are the Democrats who support ABORTION.
Andrew
2017-12-15 04:18:33 UTC
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Andrew
Post by Andrew
Again ---> *only God can create life*.
Nope, humans can figure that out too.
Within a century, it will be done.
Again, affirming the truth of-->Creation.

Because that is the only way it happened.

Pabst Blue Ribbon
2017-12-14 02:50:39 UTC
Post by Andrew
There is a big difference between carbon rich dust and a
living, reproducing organism. Only God can create life.
Computer viruses can reproduce. Can they be considered life?
Andrew
2017-12-14 07:18:31 UTC
Post by Pabst Blue Ribbon
Post by Andrew
There is a big difference between carbon rich dust and a
living, reproducing organism. Only God can create life.
Computer viruses can reproduce. Can they be considered life?
Living things are usually characterized as having the capacity
to grow, adapt, respond (to stimuli), metabolize, as well as to
reproduce.
JTEM
2017-12-13 07:52:12 UTC
So nobody has found any life.