Question of the day
Kit
2017-04-09 01:17:09 UTC
Why is it that so many people feel that everybody should conform to some arbitrary standard of orthodoxy?
Mitchell Holman
2017-04-09 01:51:50 UTC
Ask the religious nutters that hang around here.
Don Martin
2017-04-09 14:10:52 UTC
On Sat, 08 Apr 2017 20:51:50 -0500, Mitchell Holman
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Kit
Why is it that so many people feel that everybody should conform to
some arbitrary standard of orthodoxy?
Ask the religious nutters that hang around here.
When one posits a universal god, as monotheism does, a single person
not sharing (or at least pretending to share) that belief threatens
one's entire creation.
Fidei defensor (Hon. Antipodean)
Je pense, donc je suis Charlie.
aaa
2017-04-09 16:51:10 UTC
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Kit
Why is it that so many people feel that everybody should conform to
some arbitrary standard of orthodoxy?
Ask the religious nutters that hang around here.
When one posits a universal god, as monotheism does, a single person
not sharing (or at least pretending to share) that belief threatens
one's entire creation.
Unfortunately, that is very true. It's how sin has entered the world and
caused endless suffering in this world.
Davej
2017-04-09 17:25:42 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by Don Martin
When one posits a universal god, as monotheism does, a
single person not sharing (or at least pretending to
share) that belief threatens one's entire creation.
Unfortunately, that is very true. It's how sin has entered
the world and caused endless suffering in this world.
That's your fantasy, with no evidence. Your hero Moses
came down from the mount with the tablets under his arms and
immediately started ordering people to murder other people.
aaa
2017-04-09 18:12:06 UTC
Post by Davej
Post by aaa
Post by Don Martin
When one posits a universal god, as monotheism does, a
single person not sharing (or at least pretending to
share) that belief threatens one's entire creation.
Unfortunately, that is very true. It's how sin has entered
the world and caused endless suffering in this world.
That's your fantasy, with no evidence.
The world today is the evidence. Everything sinner in this world can
testify for that.

Your hero Moses
Post by Davej
came down from the mount with the tablets under his arms and
immediately started ordering people to murder other people.
What does that have to do with what I said? I was talking about Adam and
Eve.
hypatiab7
2017-04-09 23:42:49 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by Davej
Post by aaa
Post by Don Martin
When one posits a universal god, as monotheism does, a
single person not sharing (or at least pretending to
share) that belief threatens one's entire creation.
Unfortunately, that is very true. It's how sin has entered
the world and caused endless suffering in this world.
That's your fantasy, with no evidence.
The world today is the evidence. Everything sinner in this world can
testify for that.
No, it's only evidence that such things exist. It doesn't show when or how it started. For example, some human crimes have been witnessed happening among
various other primates including hitting, stealing and murder.
Post by aaa
Your hero Moses
Eve.
aaa
2017-04-10 01:40:10 UTC
Post by hypatiab7
Post by Davej
Post by aaa
Post by Don Martin
When one posits a universal god, as monotheism does, a single
person not sharing (or at least pretending to share) that
belief threatens one's entire creation.
Unfortunately, that is very true. It's how sin has entered the
world and caused endless suffering in this world.
That's your fantasy, with no evidence.
The world today is the evidence. Every sinner in this world
can testify for that.
No, it's only evidence that such things exist. It doesn't show when
or how it started. For example, some human crimes have been witnessed
happening among various other primates including hitting, stealing
and murder.
When and how sin started is explained by the Bible. It started by
learning the intellectual knowledge of good and evil. For the humanity,
it was when the human species became intelligent. For an individual, it
was when such individual was old enough to know good and bad.
Post by hypatiab7
Your hero Moses
Adam and Eve.
hypatiab7
2017-04-10 19:40:21 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by hypatiab7
Post by Davej
Post by aaa
Post by Don Martin
[...]
You are posting to alt.atheism. Your Bible is NOT an acceptable answer to atheists. If you use the Bible, you are proselytizing which isn't allowed according to the alt.atheism FAQ and Charter. You're already a troll.
Why make it worse? No, I don't want to learn from you. I doubt that anyone
else here does, either. You only know religious myths and fantasies from your damaged mind.
Christopher A. Lee
2017-04-10 19:55:04 UTC
On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 12:40:21 -0700 (PDT), hypatiab7
Post by hypatiab7
Post by aaa
Post by hypatiab7
Post by Davej
Post by aaa
Post by Don Martin
[...]
He's not prosetylising - he's just telling us that he has no
justification for his unsolicited, in-your-face nonsense so he's being
rudely stupid.
Post by hypatiab7
You're already a troll.
Why make it worse? No, I don't want to learn from you. I doubt that anyone
else here does, either. You only know religious myths and fantasies from your damaged mind.
He has nothing to teach us, no matter how arrogantly and ignorantly
stupid he is.
aaa
2017-04-11 04:03:41 UTC
Post by hypatiab7
Post by aaa
Post by hypatiab7
Post by Davej
Post by aaa
Post by Don Martin
[...]
I disagree. The philosophy of the Bible is open for anyone to see and
understand. When you debate the spiritual issues with me, you can't
ignore my argument because it's based on my understanding of the Bible
philosophy. Stop making up sorry excuses by labeling me as a troll. Are
you running away from the discussion?
John Locke
2017-04-10 02:34:48 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by Davej
Post by Davej
came down from the mount with the tablets under his arms and
immediately started ordering people to murder other people.
What does that have to do with what I said? I was talking about Adam and
Eve.
...you can talk about it but you're wasting your breath. We know
through genetic studies that there was no Biblical Adam and Eve
thus no orginal sin.
aaa
2017-04-10 06:19:56 UTC
Post by John Locke
Post by aaa
Post by Davej
Post by Davej
came down from the mount with the tablets under his arms and
immediately started ordering people to murder other people.
What does that have to do with what I said? I was talking about Adam and
Eve.
...you can talk about it but you're wasting your breath. We know
through genetic studies that there was no Biblical Adam and Eve
thus no orginal sin.
That's just your distraction. You should know that the Bible is a book
of philosophy and spiritual teaching that has nothing to do with science
and genetic studies. You are the biblical Adam. You sinned exactly as
the Bible described.
hypatiab7
2017-04-10 19:51:48 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by John Locke
Post by aaa
Post by Davej
Post by Davej
came down from the mount with the tablets under his arms and
immediately started ordering people to murder other people.
What does that have to do with what I said? I was talking about Adam and
Eve.
...you can talk about it but you're wasting your breath. We know
through genetic studies that there was no Biblical Adam and Eve
thus no orginal sin.
That's just your distraction. You should know that the Bible is a book
of philosophy and spiritual teaching that has nothing to do with science
and genetic studies. You are the biblical Adam. You sinned exactly as
the Bible described.
We know that the Bible was written and put together by several humans
with their own religious agendas. Sin is defined as disobeying your 'God'.
Sin is a religious concept created to control people. You've been
suckered into believing such nonsense. Plus you rearrange things to
fit what you want to believe. Calling religion philosophy is just one
example. Isn't that heresy? Please take you mushed up religious beliefs
somewhere else. That is a request, not a demand.
aaa
2017-04-11 04:11:23 UTC
Post by hypatiab7
Post by aaa
Post by John Locke
Post by aaa
Post by Davej
Post by Davej
[...]
All religious teachings are philosophical. That is a fact. You should
give up your atheist indoctrination to look at the Bible from the
philosophical perspective to realize the Bible truth.
Cloud Hobbit
2017-04-11 01:05:14 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by John Locke
Post by aaa
Post by Davej
Post by Davej
came down from the mount with the tablets under his arms and
immediately started ordering people to murder other people.
What does that have to do with what I said? I was talking about Adam and
Eve.
...you can talk about it but you're wasting your breath. We know
through genetic studies that there was no Biblical Adam and Eve
thus no orginal sin.
That's just your distraction. You should know that the Bible is a book
of philosophy and spiritual teaching that has nothing to do with science
and genetic studies.
We atheists already know that. The idiot Christians think it means Adam and Eve were real people and that there is such a thing aas original sin. The spiritual teaching it offers is designed to make people feelinferior and dricve them crazy with a moral code that is impossible to live by. Whether the bible has anything to do with genetic studies does not negate the fact that Adam and Eve as portrayed in the Bible did not exist.

You are the biblical Adam. You sinned exactly as
Post by aaa
the Bible described.
I don't know about you but I have done some things in my life that were wrong, you wish to call them siins, go ahead. I follow my own moral code since I became a grownup and I refuse to do things I believe are wrong, with a few exceptions like paying taxes at the point of a gun because i don't have the time or the money to fight it and I would probably lose. When it comes to people and property, I know what is right and what is wrong.

maybe someday churches will wise up and decide that most of what the bile says is sin is just some iron Age bullshit or worse, the bullshit of the people writing the KJV.
aaa
2017-04-11 04:21:55 UTC
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by aaa
Post by John Locke
Post by aaa
Post by Davej
Post by Davej
[...]
You claim to already know that the Bible is a book of philosophy, yet,
what you said does not show any philosophical understanding of the Bible
at all. Why is that?
Post by aaa
the Bible described.
I don't know about you but I have done some things in my life that
were wrong, you wish to call them siins, go ahead. I follow my own
moral code since I became a grownup and I refuse to do things I
believe are wrong, with a few exceptions like paying taxes at the
point of a gun because i don't have the time or the money to fight it
and I would probably lose. When it comes to people and property, I
know what is right and what is wrong.
maybe someday churches will wise up and decide that most of what the
bile says is sin is just some iron Age bullshit or worse, the
bullshit of the people writing the KJV.
We all have to learn and understand what is sin and what is the truth
from the Bible and in real life. The Bible only serves as a mirror, and
our life is the real classroom.
Yap Honghor
2017-04-11 00:52:25 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by Davej
Post by Davej
came down from the mount with the tablets under his arms and
immediately started ordering people to murder other people.
What does that have to do with what I said? I was talking about Adam and
Eve.
What fucking Adam and Eve?
If they were your ancestors, were you White, fucking moron??????
aaa
2017-04-11 04:24:45 UTC
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by aaa
Post by Davej
Post by Davej
came down from the mount with the tablets under his arms and
immediately started ordering people to murder other people.
What does that have to do with what I said? I was talking about Adam and
Eve.
What fucking Adam and Eve?
If they were your ancestors, were you White, fucking moron??????
I'm afraid you need to understand the Biblical Adam and Eve
philosophically instead of biologically.
Yap Honghor
2017-04-11 09:14:21 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by aaa
Post by Davej
Post by Davej
came down from the mount with the tablets under his arms and
immediately started ordering people to murder other people.
What does that have to do with what I said? I was talking about Adam and
Eve.
What fucking Adam and Eve?
If they were your ancestors, were you White, fucking moron??????
I'm afraid you need to understand the Biblical Adam and Eve
philosophically instead of biologically.
I am talking about your believe in the story or your love of bible....
Philosophy has nothing to do with religion when all it look forward to is money, at least in the case of Western religion.
aaa
2017-04-12 03:44:00 UTC
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by aaa
Post by aaa
Post by Davej
Post by Davej
came down from the mount with the tablets under his arms and
immediately started ordering people to murder other people.
What does that have to do with what I said? I was talking about
Adam and Eve.
What fucking Adam and Eve? If they were your ancestors, were you
White, fucking moron??????
I'm afraid you need to understand the Biblical Adam and Eve
philosophically instead of biologically.
I am talking about your believe in the story or your love of
bible.... Philosophy has nothing to do with religion when all it look
forward to is money, at least in the case of Western religion.
Is that why you choose to interpret the Bible biologically and
scientifically but never philosophically?
Kit
You are babbling nonsense. What is the distinction between the philosophical Adam and Eve and the biological Adam and Eve?
Smiler
2017-04-12 00:19:18 UTC
Post by Kit
Post by aaa
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by aaa
Post by Davej
Post by Davej
came down from the mount with the tablets under his arms and
immediately started ordering people to murder other people.
What does that have to do with what I said? I was talking about Adam
and Eve.
What fucking Adam and Eve?
If they were your ancestors, were you White, fucking moron??????
I'm afraid you need to understand the Biblical Adam and Eve
philosophically instead of biologically.
You are babbling nonsense. What is the distinction between the
philosophical Adam and Eve and the biological Adam and Eve?
None whatsoever, as neither type existed.
--
Smiler,
The godless one. a.a.# 2279
Alex W.
2017-04-12 00:35:47 UTC
Post by Smiler
Post by Kit
Post by aaa
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by aaa
Post by Davej
Post by Davej
came down from the mount with the tablets under his arms and
immediately started ordering people to murder other people.
What does that have to do with what I said? I was talking about Adam
and Eve.
What fucking Adam and Eve?
If they were your ancestors, were you White, fucking moron??????
I'm afraid you need to understand the Biblical Adam and Eve
philosophically instead of biologically.
You are babbling nonsense. What is the distinction between the
philosophical Adam and Eve and the biological Adam and Eve?
None whatsoever, as neither type existed.
Kit may have been referring to Mitochondrial Eve and Y-Chromosomal Adam,
two biological individuals who definitely did exist, albeit at different
times.
aaa
2017-04-12 03:56:01 UTC
Post by Kit
Post by aaa
Post by aaa
Post by Davej
Post by Davej
came down from the mount with the tablets under his arms and
immediately started ordering people to murder other people.
What does that have to do with what I said? I was talking about
Adam and Eve.
What fucking Adam and Eve? If they were your ancestors, were you
White, fucking moron??????
I'm afraid you need to understand the Biblical Adam and Eve
philosophically instead of biologically.
You are babbling nonsense. What is the distinction between the
philosophical Adam and Eve and the biological Adam and Eve?
A philosophical understanding has meaning to life. A biological
understanding has no real meaning to life. It has no real impact on the
spiritual aspect of life. It's something that life can always live without.
Cloud Hobbit
And of course the tablets got destroyed forst and then hidden so that nobody can say they ever really existed.
Kit
What is sin? Please provide me with a coherent concise definition.
Kevrob
2017-04-09 18:55:31 UTC
Post by Kit
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Kit
Why is it that so many people feel that everybody should conform to
some arbitrary standard of orthodoxy?
Ask the religious nutters that hang around here.
When one posits a universal god, as monotheism does, a single person
not sharing (or at least pretending to share) that belief threatens
one's entire creation.
Unfortunately, that is very true. It's how sin has entered the world and
caused endless suffering in this world.
What is sin? Please provide me with a coherent concise definition.
It's "without" in Spanish.

Don't bother aaa. He/she is, by his/her own admission,
tetched in the haid.

Kevin R
duke
2017-04-10 16:58:44 UTC
Post by Kit
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Kit
Why is it that so many people feel that everybody should conform to
some arbitrary standard of orthodoxy?
Ask the religious nutters that hang around here.
When one posits a universal god, as monotheism does, a single person
not sharing (or at least pretending to share) that belief threatens
one's entire creation.
Unfortunately, that is very true. It's how sin has entered the world and
caused endless suffering in this world.
What is sin? Please provide me with a coherent concise definition.
Telling God no. That you will decide right v wrong.

God told A&E "do NOT......." and they said they'd decide, not God.

See how simple that is.

the dukester, American-American

*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
hypatiab7
2017-04-10 20:06:31 UTC
Post by duke
Post by Kit
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Kit
Why is it that so many people feel that everybody should conform to
some arbitrary standard of orthodoxy?
Ask the religious nutters that hang around here.
When one posits a universal god, as monotheism does, a single person
not sharing (or at least pretending to share) that belief threatens
one's entire creation.
Unfortunately, that is very true. It's how sin has entered the world and
caused endless suffering in this world.
What is sin? Please provide me with a coherent concise definition.
Telling God no. That you will decide right v wrong.
God told A&E "do NOT......." and they said they'd decide, not God.
See how simple that is.
According to the Garden of Eden myth, Adam and Eve didn't know what was
right and what was wrong. They were totally ignorant of such knowledge
until they ate the forbidden fruit (which wasn't an apple, since apples
didn't grow in that part of the world back then). So, apparently, the
entire Fall was arranged by a bored and very nasty 'God'.
Christopher A. Lee
That's only one reason why people who take it seriously are stupid.
Siri Cruise
2017-04-10 22:53:32 UTC
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by hypatiab7
According to the Garden of Eden myth, Adam and Eve didn't know what was
right and what was wrong. They were totally ignorant of such knowledge
until they ate the forbidden fruit (which wasn't an apple, since apples
didn't grow in that part of the world back then). So, apparently, the
entire Fall was arranged by a bored and very nasty 'God'.
That's only one reason why people who take it seriously are stupid.
Some people read Eden not as humanity's first failure, but humanity's first
success. In this version humans were given a choice between pamperred and
pointless, or facing the world on their own terms, making their own purpose, and
coming in time sympathetic to a creator rather than mindless minions.
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.'
Free the Amos Yee one.
Yeah, too bad about your so-called life. Ha-ha.
hypatiab7
2017-04-09 23:47:09 UTC
Post by Kit
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Kit
Why is it that so many people feel that everybody should conform to
some arbitrary standard of orthodoxy?
Ask the religious nutters that hang around here.
When one posits a universal god, as monotheism does, a single person
not sharing (or at least pretending to share) that belief threatens
one's entire creation.
Unfortunately, that is very true. It's how sin has entered the world and
caused endless suffering in this world.
What is sin? Please provide me with a coherent concise definition.
Any crime that religious leaders want their god to consider to be evil.
The concepts of evil and sin are used to control believers.
duke
2017-04-10 16:59:36 UTC
Post by hypatiab7
Post by Kit
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Kit
Why is it that so many people feel that everybody should conform to
some arbitrary standard of orthodoxy?
Ask the religious nutters that hang around here.
When one posits a universal god, as monotheism does, a single person
not sharing (or at least pretending to share) that belief threatens
one's entire creation.
Unfortunately, that is very true. It's how sin has entered the world and
caused endless suffering in this world.
What is sin? Please provide me with a coherent concise definition.
Any crime that religious leaders want their god to consider to be evil.
The concepts of evil and sin are used to control believers.
Yet violation is your gift to yourself as well as your spiritual punishment. We
have nothing to do with it.

*****
aaa
2017-04-10 01:24:57 UTC
Post by Kit
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Kit
Why is it that so many people feel that everybody should conform to
some arbitrary standard of orthodoxy?
Ask the religious nutters that hang around here.
When one posits a universal god, as monotheism does, a single person
not sharing (or at least pretending to share) that belief threatens
one's entire creation.
Unfortunately, that is very true. It's how sin has entered the world and
caused endless suffering in this world.
What is sin? Please provide me with a coherent concise definition.
It's already in the Bible as the most authentic definition and
description for all eyes to see. It's the story of Adam and Eve. Their
story is the perfect demonstration of the Original Sin. All other humans
sins are the results of committing the original sin of Adam and Eve.
hypatiab7
2017-04-10 20:09:19 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by Kit
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Kit
Why is it that so many people feel that everybody should conform to
some arbitrary standard of orthodoxy?
Ask the religious nutters that hang around here.
When one posits a universal god, as monotheism does, a single person
not sharing (or at least pretending to share) that belief threatens
one's entire creation.
Unfortunately, that is very true. It's how sin has entered the world and
caused endless suffering in this world.
What is sin? Please provide me with a coherent concise definition.
It's already in the Bible as the most authentic definition and
description for all eyes to see. It's the story of Adam and Eve. Their
story is the perfect demonstration of the Original Sin. All other humans
sins are the results of committing the original sin of Adam and Eve.
Thy didn't 'sin'. They didn't know right from wrong until after they ate
the forbidden fruit. They were innocent children horribly used by their
'loving' 'God'.
aaa
2017-04-11 04:47:37 UTC
Post by hypatiab7
Post by aaa
Post by Kit
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Kit
[...]
They didn't sin before they ate the forbidden fruit, but they did sin
instantly as soon as they ate the fruit. The most importantly, they
sinned before God when they were questioned by God.
Cloud Hobbit
2017-04-10 23:44:32 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by Kit
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Kit
Why is it that so many people feel that everybody should conform to
some arbitrary standard of orthodoxy?
Ask the religious nutters that hang around here.
When one posits a universal god, as monotheism does, a single person
not sharing (or at least pretending to share) that belief threatens
one's entire creation.
Unfortunately, that is very true. It's how sin has entered the world and
caused endless suffering in this world.
What is sin? Please provide me with a coherent concise definition.
It's already in the Bible as the most authentic definition and
description for all eyes to see.
From a fable?

It's the story of Adam and Eve.

A fable.

Their
Post by aaa
story is the perfect demonstration of the Original Sin.
It is a perfect example of god being an asshole. "Whatever you do don't eat this." Then punishing them for eating it when he knew that is exactly what would happen. To make it worse, God not only punished Adam and Eve , but every person ever born. To me that does not speak of God's justice, but rather it speaks of god's petulance and stupidity.

All other humans
Which makes no fucking sense at all. If you robbed a bank should all of your descentants be punished forever? Of course not. Sanity dictates that only the perpetrators of the crime be punished. No wondder Christopher Hitchens thought that North Korea was like heaven. If one person commits a crime they punish poeople for 4 or 5 generations. Now we know who their role model is in N. Korea.
%
2017-04-10 23:53:36 UTC
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by aaa
Post by Kit
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Kit
Why is it that so many people feel that everybody should
conform to some arbitrary standard of orthodoxy?
Ask the religious nutters that hang around here.
When one posits a universal god, as monotheism does, a single
person not sharing (or at least pretending to share) that belief
threatens one's entire creation.
Unfortunately, that is very true. It's how sin has entered the
world and caused endless suffering in this world.
What is sin? Please provide me with a coherent concise
definition.
It's already in the Bible as the most authentic definition and
description for all eyes to see.
From a fable?
It's the story of Adam and Eve.
A fable.
Their
yea , yo momma
aaa
2017-04-11 05:00:19 UTC
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by aaa
Post by Kit
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by aaa
Post by Kit
Post by aaa
Post by Don Martin
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Kit
some arbitrary standard of orthodoxy?
Ask the religious nutters that hang around here.
When one posits a universal god, as monotheism does, a single
person not sharing (or at least pretending to share) that
belief threatens one's entire creation.
Unfortunately, that is very true. It's how sin has entered the
world and caused endless suffering in this world.
What is sin? Please provide me with a coherent concise
definition.
It's already in the Bible as the most authentic definition and
description for all eyes to see.
From a fable?
No. A revelation.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
It's the story of Adam and Eve.
A fable.
No. A teaching from God.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Their
Post by aaa
story is the perfect demonstration of the Original Sin.
It is a perfect example of god being an asshole. "Whatever you do
don't eat this." Then punishing them for eating it when he knew that
is exactly what would happen. To make it worse, God not only
punished Adam and Eve , but every person ever born. To me that does
not speak of God's justice, but rather it speaks of god's petulance
and stupidity.
No. The punishment that Adam and Eve suffered did not come from God.
It's the result of sin by being separate from God. It's a punishment for
not being with God to be protected and nourished by God. To life, there
is no punishment from God. There is only punishment from without God.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
All other humans
Post by aaa
sins are the results of committing the original sin of Adam and Eve.
Which makes no fucking sense at all. If you robbed a bank should all
of your descentants be punished forever? Of course not. Sanity
dictates that only the perpetrators of the crime be punished. No
wondder Christopher Hitchens thought that North Korea was like
heaven. If one person commits a crime they punish poeople for 4 or 5
generations. Now we know who their role model is in N. Korea.
Unfortunately, every human being on earth did commit the sin of Adam and
Eve exactly as the Bible described.
Mitchell Holman
2017-04-11 12:17:50 UTC
Post by Kit
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by aaa
Post by Kit
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by aaa
Post by Kit
Post by aaa
Post by Don Martin
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Kit
some arbitrary standard of orthodoxy?
Ask the religious nutters that hang around here.
When one posits a universal god, as monotheism does, a single
person not sharing (or at least pretending to share) that
belief threatens one's entire creation.
Unfortunately, that is very true. It's how sin has entered the
world and caused endless suffering in this world.
What is sin? Please provide me with a coherent concise
definition.
It's already in the Bible as the most authentic definition and
description for all eyes to see.
From a fable?
No. A revelation.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
It's the story of Adam and Eve.
A fable.
No. A teaching from God.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Their
Post by aaa
story is the perfect demonstration of the Original Sin.
It is a perfect example of god being an asshole. "Whatever you do
don't eat this." Then punishing them for eating it when he knew that
is exactly what would happen. To make it worse, God not only
punished Adam and Eve , but every person ever born. To me that does
not speak of God's justice, but rather it speaks of god's petulance
and stupidity.
No. The punishment that Adam and Eve suffered did not come from God.
It's the result of sin by being separate from God. It's a punishment for
not being with God to be protected and nourished by God. To life, there
is no punishment from God. There is only punishment from without God.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
All other humans
And that "sin" is the seeking of knowledge.
aaa
2017-04-11 19:32:17 UTC
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Kit
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by aaa
Post by Kit
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by aaa
Post by Kit
Post by aaa
Post by Don Martin
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Kit
some arbitrary standard of orthodoxy?
Ask the religious nutters that hang around here.
When one posits a universal god, as monotheism does, a single
person not sharing (or at least pretending to share) that
belief threatens one's entire creation.
Unfortunately, that is very true. It's how sin has entered the
world and caused endless suffering in this world.
What is sin? Please provide me with a coherent concise
definition.
It's already in the Bible as the most authentic definition and
description for all eyes to see.
From a fable?
No. A revelation.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
It's the story of Adam and Eve.
A fable.
No. A teaching from God.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Their
Post by Kit
not being with God to be protected and nourished by God. To life, there
is no punishment from God. There is only punishment from without God.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
All other humans
Post by Kit
Eve exactly as the Bible described.
And that "sin" is the seeking of knowledge.
No. Knowledge is always good. That's why it's symbolized as a tree
planted by God. There is no sin to acquire knowledge. However, by
acquiring knowledge, one is responsible for such knowledge. When such
knowledge is misused and misapplied, the consequence can be deadly and
harmful to oneself. As humans, we are given the ability to acquire
knowledge, but we have never learned the right way to use such
knowledge. When we unknowingly misuse the knowledge of good and evil, we
have brought sin into our own life. The fact we are told not to sin is
because to sin is the exact wrong way to apply the knowledge of good and
evil. It's the same as pointing a gun at oneself and pulling the trigger.
Mitchell Holman
2017-04-12 01:26:38 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Kit
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by aaa
Post by Kit
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by aaa
Post by Kit
Post by aaa
Post by Don Martin
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Kit
some arbitrary standard of orthodoxy?
Ask the religious nutters that hang around here.
When one posits a universal god, as monotheism does, a single
person not sharing (or at least pretending to share) that
belief threatens one's entire creation.
Unfortunately, that is very true. It's how sin has entered the
world and caused endless suffering in this world.
What is sin? Please provide me with a coherent concise
definition.
It's already in the Bible as the most authentic definition and
description for all eyes to see.
From a fable?
No. A revelation.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
It's the story of Adam and Eve.
A fable.
No. A teaching from God.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Their
Post by Kit
not being with God to be protected and nourished by God. To life, there
is no punishment from God. There is only punishment from without God.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
All other humans
That is not in the Bible.
aaa
2017-04-12 03:58:18 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by aaa
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Kit
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by aaa
Post by Kit
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by aaa
Post by Kit
Post by aaa
Post by Don Martin
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Kit
some arbitrary standard of orthodoxy?
Ask the religious nutters that hang around here.
When one posits a universal god, as monotheism does, a single
person not sharing (or at least pretending to share) that
belief threatens one's entire creation.
Unfortunately, that is very true. It's how sin has entered the
world and caused endless suffering in this world.
What is sin? Please provide me with a coherent concise
definition.
It's already in the Bible as the most authentic definition and
description for all eyes to see.
From a fable?
No. A revelation.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
It's the story of Adam and Eve.
A fable.
No. A teaching from God.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Their
Post by aaa
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by aaa
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Kit
is no punishment from God. There is only punishment from without God.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
All other humans
Post by aaa
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by aaa
It does not contradict with the Bible.
Mitchell Holman
2017-04-12 12:28:01 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by aaa
Post by aaa
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Kit
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by aaa
Post by Kit
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by aaa
Post by Kit
Post by aaa
Post by Don Martin
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Kit
some arbitrary standard of orthodoxy?
Ask the religious nutters that hang around here.
When one posits a universal god, as monotheism does, a single
person not sharing (or at least pretending to share) that
belief threatens one's entire creation.
Unfortunately, that is very true. It's how sin has entered the
world and caused endless suffering in this world.
What is sin? Please provide me with a coherent concise
definition.
It's already in the Bible as the most authentic definition and
description for all eyes to see.
From a fable?
No. A revelation.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
It's the story of Adam and Eve.
A fable.
No. A teaching from God.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Their
Post by aaa
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by aaa
Post by aaa
Post by aaa
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Kit
Post by Cloud Hobbit
and stupidity.
No. The punishment that Adam and Eve suffered did not come from God.
It's the result of sin by being separate from God. It's a
punishment
Post by aaa
Post by aaa
Post by aaa
Post by Mitchell Holman
for
Post by aaa
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Kit
is no punishment from God. There is only punishment from without God.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
All other humans
Post by aaa
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by aaa
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by aaa
evil. It's the same as pointing a gun at oneself and pulling the
trigger.
That is not in the Bible.
It does not contradict with the Bible.
Neither do UFO sightings.

Fact remains you are claiming the Bible says something
which it clearly does not.

Aren't such lies by you..........a SIN?

Alex W.
2017-04-11 00:22:38 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by Kit
What is sin? Please provide me with a coherent concise definition.
It's already in the Bible as the most authentic definition and
description for all eyes to see. It's the story of Adam and Eve. Their
story is the perfect demonstration of the Original Sin. All other humans
sins are the results of committing the original sin of Adam and Eve.
You can only sin if you have awareness of right and wrong.

Living in the garden of Eden, Adam and Eve had no such awareness. They
could no more sin than could their pet poodle Fluffy.
aaa
Right. Until they learned the intellectual knowledge of right and wrong.
Alex W.
2017-04-11 07:39:15 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by Alex W.
Post by aaa
Post by Kit
What is sin? Please provide me with a coherent concise definition.
It's already in the Bible as the most authentic definition and
description for all eyes to see. It's the story of Adam and Eve. Their
story is the perfect demonstration of the Original Sin. All other humans
sins are the results of committing the original sin of Adam and Eve.
You can only sin if you have awareness of right and wrong.
Living in the garden of Eden, Adam and Eve had no such awareness. They
could no more sin than could their pet poodle Fluffy.
Right. Until they learned the intellectual knowledge of right and wrong.
Which means that eating the forbidden fruit was not and could not have
been a sin. At the time, they had no conception of sin, of right and
wrong. Punishing them was therefore the exact equivalent of grabbing a
rolled up newspaper and beginning to whale on poor Fluffy for having
impure thoughts about next door's rottweiler.
aaa
2017-04-11 19:44:44 UTC
Post by Alex W.
Post by aaa
Post by Alex W.
Post by aaa
Post by Kit
[...]
The punishment never came from God. It always comes from the sin itself.
God has no reason to punish anyone even when one sins. To sin, is to be
separated from God. By separating from God, one's life will instantly
suffer. That's why it's called punishment. In truth, we the sinners only
punish ourselves by sinning.
Alex W.
2017-04-12 00:13:41 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by Alex W.
Post by aaa
Post by Alex W.
Post by aaa
Post by Kit
[...]
There was no sin.
There can't have been sin.
Adam and Eve had no concept of sin, no notion of right or wrong.

Therefore, this notional punishment was random, unjustified and
unjustifiable.

To follow this fable, then, is to say that god decided to punish them
and their descendants for no sin.
aaa
2017-04-12 04:19:13 UTC
Post by Alex W.
Post by aaa
Post by Alex W.
Post by aaa
Post by Alex W.
Post by aaa
Post by Kit
[...]
Except they did sin after they learned the knowledge of good and evil.
Learning the knowledge of good and evil is not sin, but the result of
learning such knowledge is to cause them to sin.
Post by Alex W.
Therefore, this notional punishment was random, unjustified and
unjustifiable.
The punishment is the direct result of being in sin instead of in God.
When we are drowning in the sea, it's not the land that is punishing us
by giving us the sinking and drowning feelings. We need to return to the
land by reaching the shore. There is never any reason to blame the land
for not supporting our feet anymore.
Post by Alex W.
To follow this fable, then, is to say that god decided to punish them
and their descendants for no sin.
There is indeed never any sin to exist in this universe. However,
because of the knowledge of good and evil, the illusion of the mind has
caused us to believe in sin instead of God.
Mitchell Holman
2017-04-12 01:38:02 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by Alex W.
Post by aaa
Post by Alex W.
Post by aaa
Post by Kit
[...]
Either god is incapable of ending suffering or
he WANTS humanity it suffer.

It is one or the other.
aaa
2017-04-12 04:26:24 UTC
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by aaa
Post by Alex W.
Post by aaa
Post by Alex W.
Post by aaa
Post by Kit
[...]
Neither. Suffering is the result of sin, and sin is the result of human
ignorance. God's truth will always eliminate all human ignorance
instantly and permanently. All it takes is for us to realize it.
John Locke
2017-04-10 18:08:09 UTC
Post by Kit
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Kit
Why is it that so many people feel that everybody should conform to
some arbitrary standard of orthodoxy?
Ask the religious nutters that hang around here.
When one posits a universal god, as monotheism does, a single person
not sharing (or at least pretending to share) that belief threatens
one's entire creation.
Unfortunately, that is very true. It's how sin has entered the world and
caused endless suffering in this world.
What is sin? Please provide me with a coherent concise definition.
...an imaginary stain on an imaginary soul. A guilt powered scam
concocted by church authoritarians for the purpose of controlling the
masses and extracting money in exchange for salvation from an
imaginary hell.
aaa
2017-04-11 05:18:43 UTC
Post by John Locke
Post by Kit
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Kit
Why is it that so many people feel that everybody should conform to
some arbitrary standard of orthodoxy?
Ask the religious nutters that hang around here.
When one posits a universal god, as monotheism does, a single person
not sharing (or at least pretending to share) that belief threatens
one's entire creation.
Unfortunately, that is very true. It's how sin has entered the world and
caused endless suffering in this world.
What is sin? Please provide me with a coherent concise definition.
...an imaginary stain on an imaginary soul. A guilt powered scam
concocted by church authoritarians for the purpose of controlling the
masses and extracting money in exchange for salvation from an
imaginary hell.
Spiritually speaking, neither the stain nor the soul is imaginary
because the stain on the soul does affect a person's life.
hypatiab7
Prove this. Do you have evidence of how such a thing happened?
aaa
2017-04-10 01:20:14 UTC
Post by hypatiab7
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Kit
Why is it that so many people feel that everybody should conform to
some arbitrary standard of orthodoxy?
Ask the religious nutters that hang around here.
When one posits a universal god, as monotheism does, a single person
not sharing (or at least pretending to share) that belief threatens
one's entire creation.
Unfortunately, that is very true. It's how sin has entered the world and
caused endless suffering in this world.
Prove this. Do you have evidence of how such a thing happened?
Read the Bible and weep. What more proof do you need? If you must
insist, you can reflect the story of Adam and Eve onto your own life to
realized the sorrow for learning the knowledge of good and evil. So you
still don't need me to prove anything.
hypatiab7
2017-04-10 20:12:53 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by hypatiab7
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Kit
Why is it that so many people feel that everybody should conform to
some arbitrary standard of orthodoxy?
Ask the religious nutters that hang around here.
When one posits a universal god, as monotheism does, a single person
not sharing (or at least pretending to share) that belief threatens
one's entire creation.
Unfortunately, that is very true. It's how sin has entered the world and
caused endless suffering in this world.
Prove this. Do you have evidence of how such a thing happened?
Read the Bible and weep. What more proof do you need? If you must
insist, you can reflect the story of Adam and Eve onto your own life to
realized the sorrow for learning the knowledge of good and evil. So you
still don't need me to prove anything.
Lots more. The myths in the Bible have been disproved so many times (I'll
gladly list some books for you) that current day Christians are literally
mental children psychologically. You are a prime example of this.
aaa
That's all just your misunderstanding.
Cloud Hobbit
2017-04-10 23:36:45 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by hypatiab7
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Kit
Why is it that so many people feel that everybody should conform to
some arbitrary standard of orthodoxy?
Ask the religious nutters that hang around here.
When one posits a universal god, as monotheism does, a single person
not sharing (or at least pretending to share) that belief threatens
one's entire creation.
Unfortunately, that is very true. It's how sin has entered the world and
caused endless suffering in this world.
Prove this. Do you have evidence of how such a thing happened?
Read the Bible and weep. What more proof do you need?
Something from a sourxce that is not quite so much fiction and bullshit.

If you must
Post by aaa
insist, you can reflect the story of Adam and Eve onto your own life to
realized the sorrow for learning the knowledge of good and evil. So you
still don't need me to prove anything.
If you don't know about evil you have no way to compare it to good and see if it is good or evil. You must have knowledge of both if you are to have free will.

The story of Adam and Eve is nonsense and unevidenced. The human race was not born in the middle east.
%
2017-04-10 23:52:53 UTC
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by aaa
Post by hypatiab7
Post by aaa
insist, you can reflect the story of Adam and Eve onto your own
life
to realized the sorrow for learning the knowledge of good and evil.
So you still don't need me to prove anything.
If you don't know about evil you have no way to compare it to good
and see if it is good or evil. You must have knowledge of both if
you are to have free will.
The story of Adam and Eve is nonsense and unevidenced. The human
race was not born in the middle east.
you mean there's no evidence that you will accept ,
why do you ask question for things you won't accept the answer to
aaa
2017-04-11 05:28:14 UTC
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by aaa
Post by hypatiab7
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by aaa
Post by hypatiab7
Post by aaa
Post by Don Martin
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Kit
some arbitrary standard of orthodoxy?
Ask the religious nutters that hang around here.
When one posits a universal god, as monotheism does, a single
person not sharing (or at least pretending to share) that
belief threatens one's entire creation.
Unfortunately, that is very true. It's how sin has entered the
world and caused endless suffering in this world.
Prove this. Do you have evidence of how such a thing happened?
Read the Bible and weep. What more proof do you need?
Something from a sourxce that is not quite so much fiction and
bullshit.
That only shows your lack of understanding of the Bible.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
If you must
Post by aaa
insist, you can reflect the story of Adam and Eve onto your own
life to realized the sorrow for learning the knowledge of good and
evil. So you still don't need me to prove anything.
If you don't know about evil you have no way to compare it to good
and see if it is good or evil. You must have knowledge of both if
you are to have free will.
No. One doesn't need to know evil in order to judge evil. One can always
judge evil according to the truth.
Now you confuse the philosophy of the Bible with biology again.
Yap Honghor
What Adam and Eve when we all are eating apples by the tons each day?????
aaa
2017-04-11 05:32:00 UTC
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by aaa
Post by hypatiab7
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Kit
Why is it that so many people feel that everybody should conform to
some arbitrary standard of orthodoxy?
Ask the religious nutters that hang around here.
When one posits a universal god, as monotheism does, a single person
not sharing (or at least pretending to share) that belief threatens
one's entire creation.
Unfortunately, that is very true. It's how sin has entered the world and
caused endless suffering in this world.
Prove this. Do you have evidence of how such a thing happened
Read the Bible and weep. What more proof do you need? If you must
insist, you can reflect the story of Adam and Eve onto your own life to
realized the sorrow for learning the knowledge of good and evil. So you
still don't need me to prove anything.
What Adam and Eve when we all are eating apples by the tons each day?????
It has nothing to do with apples. It has everything to do with your
ability to judge good and evil. It has been working wrong because it
always causes you to sin.
Yap Honghor
2017-04-11 09:20:41 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by aaa
Post by hypatiab7
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Kit
[...]
The story had everything to do with apple which were natural fruit fit for consumption. It depicted an episode in the story as a lesson, so that believers could not deviate from what was laid down as a rule.

Instead, it becomes a stupid story.....even cartoon has better and useful tales.
aaa
2017-04-11 20:00:16 UTC
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by aaa
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by aaa
Post by hypatiab7
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by aaa
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by aaa
Post by hypatiab7
Post by aaa
Post by Don Martin
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Kit
[...]
The apple only symbolizes our ability to judge good and evil. It's a
powerful ability that has made us different from animals. However,
because it's such powerful ability, whenever we misuse it to sin, we
have to pay a heavy price to suffer in life. The lesson is to learn how
not to sin.
duke
2017-04-10 17:00:38 UTC
Post by hypatiab7
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Kit
Why is it that so many people feel that everybody should conform to
some arbitrary standard of orthodoxy?
Ask the religious nutters that hang around here.
When one posits a universal god, as monotheism does, a single person
not sharing (or at least pretending to share) that belief threatens
one's entire creation.
Unfortunately, that is very true. It's how sin has entered the world and
caused endless suffering in this world.
Prove this. Do you have evidence of how such a thing happened?
Yep, the very action of Adam and Eve. It says "men is evil from the get go"
unless he elects to overcome.

*****
Yap Honghor
You must learn how to live in the real world....there are only crimes in our human society, not religious stupid sins.
aaa
2017-04-11 05:34:25 UTC
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Kit
Why is it that so many people feel that everybody should
conform to some arbitrary standard of orthodoxy?
Ask the religious nutters that hang around here.
When one posits a universal god, as monotheism does, a single
person not sharing (or at least pretending to share) that belief
threatens one's entire creation.
Unfortunately, that is very true. It's how sin has entered the
world and caused endless suffering in this world.
You must learn how to live in the real world....there are only crimes
in our human society, not religious stupid sins.
All crimes are results of sin. Sin is the root cause for all human
suffering. It's not just about crimes.
duke
2017-04-10 16:57:08 UTC
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Kit
Why is it that so many people feel that everybody should conform to
some arbitrary standard of orthodoxy?
Ask the religious nutters that hang around here.
When one posits a universal god, as monotheism does, a single person
not sharing (or at least pretending to share) that belief threatens
one's entire creation.
But that one is your own. It's called self-condemnation.

*****
!! Atheist ------------------------------
2017-04-11 14:15:55 UTC
Post by duke
But that one
But,
1. There is no verifiable evidence of any god(s). None whatsoever.
--
2. Extortion (Believe or Burn) is *THE* foundation of Christianity.
3. Intolorance,divisivness,hate,war are major history and hallmarks of Christianity.
they can avoid facing the truly evil parts of their god/religion.
duke
2017-04-10 16:56:25 UTC
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Kit
Why is it that so many people feel that everybody should conform to
some arbitrary standard of orthodoxy?
Ask the religious nutters that hang around here.
Don't ask us. We don't say that or demand it of others. You're free to reject
participation.

*****
Kit
2017-04-10 20:14:24 UTC
Post by duke
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Kit
Why is it that so many people feel that everybody should conform to
some arbitrary standard of orthodoxy?
Ask the religious nutters that hang around here.
Don't ask us. We don't say that or demand it of others. You're free to reject
participation.
I'm happy to hear that.
*****
default
2017-04-09 11:55:34 UTC
Brainwashing works. Us versus them and a herd mentality helps.
We Will Always Hang FagZ And Castrate Jews
2017-04-11 20:19:55 UTC
Too simplistic....
default
2017-04-12 01:01:22 UTC
On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 13:19:55 -0700 (PDT), We Will Always Hang FagZ And
Post by We Will Always Hang FagZ And Castrate Jews
Post by default
Post by Kit
Why is it that so many people feel that everybody should conform to some arbitrary standard of orthodoxy?
Brainwashing works. Us versus them and a herd mentality helps.
Too simplistic....
The question was only one line, but you're right there's a lot of
reasons people conform. I think our educational system imprints
conformal behaviors - a lot less messy than a nation of
non-conformists - a lot easier to control, and then some folks choose
to conform for a variety of reasons.
Deng Qi Feng
2017-04-09 14:12:20 UTC
Pride
John Locke
2017-04-09 16:22:48 UTC
Post by Kit
Why is it that so many people feel that everybody should conform
to some arbitrary standard of orthodoxy?
...control over the masses. Take a look at some the Islamic
theocracies. Heresy is a death sentence. That pretty much keeps
everyone in-line.
Ted
2017-04-09 19:00:36 UTC
Post by Kit
Why is it that so many people feel that everybody should conform to some
arbitrary standard of orthodoxy?
Good question. And it isn't only about religion.
--
This message is encrypted with TardBlock® which is special software that
prevents retards from reading or responding to posts. Can you read this
only retards. Everybody else can read it and respond to it.
hypatiab7
2017-04-09 23:28:36 UTC
Fear. They're afraid of being proved wrong by someone they disagree with.
Kit
2017-04-10 03:09:39 UTC
I'd like to commend you for your insightful observation. In my own experience I had a NDE at age 7 that left me with a paralyzing fear of death that was alleviated by the promise of everlasting life by religion. I kept holding on that hope despite the unsatisfactory explanations I heard. When my mother passed away in 2010, I had to face the stark reality that it is impossible to escape the eternal dirt nap that awaits us all.
hypatiab7
2017-04-10 20:34:07 UTC
Post by Kit
Post by hypatiab7
Post by Kit
Why is it that so many people feel that everybody should conform to some arbitrary standard of orthodoxy?
Fear. They're afraid of being proved wrong by someone they disagree with.
I'd like to commend you for your insightful observation. In my own experience I had a NDE at age 7 that left me with a paralyzing fear of death that was alleviated by the promise of everlasting life by religion. I kept holding on that hope despite the unsatisfactory explanations I heard. When my mother passed away in 2010, I had to face the stark reality that it is impossible to escape the eternal dirt nap that awaits us all.
Think of it this way. We're all star stuff. When we die our bodies eventually break down to their original atoms. These atoms eventually separate and
join with other atoms to start a new existence. This happens over and over.
You could end up being part of other people, a tree, a cat, a bug, a rock,
who knows? So, in reality, you never really die. You won't be you again (isn't
that kind of egotistical?) but you will exist all over. (To paraphrase a line
from "The Wizard of Oz" - 'That's you all over.' In the meantime, don't waste
your current life with useless fears.
A***@yahoo.com
2017-04-10 01:47:51 UTC
You mean like you must believe you evolved from monkeys?
John Locke
2017-04-10 02:43:03 UTC
Post by A***@yahoo.com
Post by Kit
Why is it that so many people feel that everybody should conform to some arbitrary standard of orthodoxy?
You mean like you must believe you evolved from monkeys?
...I assume you mean ape like hominids. That would be correct. But
not from monkeys. Although we and monkeys did share a common ancestor
millions of years ago. I'm surprised you haven't been able to grasp
even this most basic fundamental of human evolution.
Christopher A. Lee
He can't even grasp his own dick to pee.
Kit
2017-04-10 02:48:22 UTC
No, not like that at all. If you wish to believe in creationism, that's all right with me. I just happen to believe to hold such a position is foolish.
aaa
2017-04-10 13:50:43 UTC
Post by Kit
Post by A***@yahoo.com
Post by Kit
Why is it that so many people feel that everybody should conform
to some arbitrary standard of orthodoxy?
You mean like you must believe you evolved from monkeys?
No, not like that at all. If you wish to believe in creationism,
that's all right with me. I just happen to believe to hold such a
position is foolish.
I'm sure the feeling is mutual. However, once you can realize that
evolution is entirely mistaken, wrong, and clueless about life, you
might be able to see the wisdom of Biblical Creationism. God's wisdom is
not easy to see and realize, but once it's realized, one will never turn
one's back on God again.
Kevrob
2017-04-10 14:47:14 UTC
On Monday, April 10, 2017 at 9:50:51 AM UTC-4, aaa wrote:

His usual gibberish.

I won't try to change your damaged mind, but please note:

[quote]

1 All are welcome in the newsgroup, whether they're atheists or not,
as long as they are not trolls.

2 Proselytizing of ANY religion is NOT welcome! (Those guilty of this
bad nettiquette will be treated as they deserve!)

3 This newsgroup exists for atheists to discuss anything of interest
to them and other atheists, although others who are honestly interested
in joining a discussion and are not trolls are welcome. Trolls will
be treated as what they are.

[/quote]

https://web.archive.org/web/20161015200301/http://alt-atheism.org/atheism:faq

You are purely trolling. Stop it.

Kevin R
Davej
2017-04-10 17:05:23 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by Kit
No, not like that at all. If you wish to believe in
creationism, that's all right with me. I just happen
to believe to hold such a position is foolish.
I'm sure the feeling is mutual. However, once you can realize
that evolution is entirely mistaken, wrong, and clueless about
life, you might be able to see the wisdom of...
Of course evolution can only be entirely mistaken if GAWD is
a trickster who created mountains of false evidence in an
attempt to deceive.
Christopher A. Lee
2017-04-10 19:15:36 UTC
Post by Davej
Post by aaa
Post by Kit
No, not like that at all. If you wish to believe in
creationism, that's all right with me. I just happen
to believe to hold such a position is foolish.
I'm sure the feeling is mutual. However, once you can realize
that evolution is entirely mistaken, wrong, and clueless about
life, you might be able to see the wisdom of...
Is this psychotic a deliberate liar or is he really this stupid?
Post by Davej
Of course evolution can only be entirely mistaken if GAWD is
a trickster who created mountains of false evidence in an
attempt to deceive.
But what if it were Zeus, Odin or any of the hundreds of others?

What is the moron doing, posting his unsolicited nonsense here?

For the umpteenth time, his deluded fantasies and outright lies about
things that are nothing whatsoever to do with atheism, and his lies
about us, to us, are simply off-topic rudeness.
aaa
2017-04-11 05:49:35 UTC
Post by Davej
Post by aaa
Post by Kit
No, not like that at all. If you wish to believe in
creationism, that's all right with me. I just happen
to believe to hold such a position is foolish.
I'm sure the feeling is mutual. However, once you can realize
that evolution is entirely mistaken, wrong, and clueless about
life, you might be able to see the wisdom of...
Of course evolution can only be entirely mistaken if GAWD is
a trickster who created mountains of false evidence in an
attempt to deceive.
No such mountains exist. I refuted the only possible evidence for
evolution by the name of "DNA mutation" months ago according to the
second law of thermodynamics. The beneficial DNA change is never random.
It's intelligent design with a clear purpose and understanding. It's
God's work.
Mitchell Holman
God makes bacteria immune to drugs?
aaa
God makes life capable to survive in a deadly environment.
Mitchell Holman
2017-04-12 01:36:38 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by aaa
Post by Davej
Post by aaa
Post by Kit
No, not like that at all. If you wish to believe in
creationism, that's all right with me. I just happen
to believe to hold such a position is foolish.
I'm sure the feeling is mutual. However, once you can realize
that evolution is entirely mistaken, wrong, and clueless about
life, you might be able to see the wisdom of...
Of course evolution can only be entirely mistaken if GAWD is
a trickster who created mountains of false evidence in an
attempt to deceive.
No such mountains exist. I refuted the only possible evidence for
evolution by the name of "DNA mutation" months ago according to the
second law of thermodynamics. The beneficial DNA change is never
random. It's intelligent design with a clear purpose and
understanding. It's God's work.
God makes bacteria immune to drugs?
God makes life capable to survive in a deadly environment.
That's why no species ever went extinct.

Right.

Whatever you say...............
aaa
2017-04-12 04:36:37 UTC
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by aaa
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by aaa
Post by Davej
Post by aaa
Post by Kit
[...]
But you always misinterpret what I say.

God can always save life, but not all life can always follow God. When
the evil caused by those who refuse to follow God is too great, life
will die. That's why extinction can happen and has been happening
because of the evil of human mind.
Kit
I don't see any wisdom in Biblical creation. Care to elucidate?
aaa
2017-04-11 06:06:27 UTC
Post by Kit
Post by aaa
Post by Kit
Post by A***@yahoo.com
Post by Kit
Why is it that so many people feel that everybody should conform
to some arbitrary standard of orthodoxy?
You mean like you must believe you evolved from monkeys?
No, not like that at all. If you wish to believe in creationism,
that's all right with me. I just happen to believe to hold such a
position is foolish.
I'm sure the feeling is mutual. However, once you can realize that
evolution is entirely mistaken, wrong, and clueless about life, you
might be able to see the wisdom of Biblical Creationism. God's wisdom is
not easy to see and realize, but once it's realized, one will never turn
one's back on God again.
I don't see any wisdom in Biblical creation. Care to elucidate?
Not really. Wisdom is not something for me to see and describe. It's
something for me to learn and realize.
Yap Honghor
WHAT FUCKING GOD YOU HAVE THERE???????
Mattb.
2017-04-10 19:44:37 UTC
Post by A***@yahoo.com
Post by Kit
Why is it that so many people feel that everybody should conform to some arbitrary standard of orthodoxy?
You mean like you must believe you evolved from monkeys?
If you look at political cartoons they give evidence both Obama and
Trump show it.
Cloud Hobbit
2017-04-10 23:20:20 UTC
Post by Kit
Why is it that so many people feel that everybody should conform to some arbitrary standard of orthodoxy?
Depends on what you mean by orthodoxy.

If you mean some sort of standard of civil behavior, it's because life is easier when we understand what is expected from us in our behavior.

If you mean something like why don't we all dress similarly, then it has to do with personal taste and there is no accojunting for that.

If you mean a religion, it's because people are wary of anything different. At the time most of these religions were being made up, the idea was to get the majority to follow so that everybody who did not identify with your religion could be easily spotted and sent to their deaths as god demands.
Funny how god seems to always demand death except in the case of Job. Pretty much anything you do that god doesn't like is supposed to be worthy of death.
Are there no blindness or maiming infractions of god's law? Does everything have to be a death penalty? But I digress.

If there is conformity, there tends to be less disagreement.
No matter the subject.

It is our good fortune that the founding fathers realised that the right to be different and not be orthodox are values that are important and help us to thrive. Even if words can hurt your feeliings, people have the right to dsay them and the right to do whatever does not infringe on your rights.