!Why Science Isn't Enough
Kurt Nicklas
2017-06-17 22:40:00 UTC
Why Science Isn't Enough: Faith, Reason, & the Human Need For Certainty with Troy Van Voorhis at URI

Malcolm McMahon
2017-06-18 08:54:35 UTC
Enough for what? The mind or the ego?
Kurt Nicklas
2017-06-18 20:05:41 UTC
Being a human being.
Jeanne Douglas
2017-06-18 11:04:10 UTC
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Why Science Isn't Enough: Faith, Reason, & the Human Need For Certainty with Troy Van Voorhis at URI
http://youtu.be/oAJnk3VpjW0
Why don't you summarize his main points.
--
Posted by Mimo Usenet Browser v0.2.5
http://www.mimousenet.com/mimo/post
Christopher A. Lee
2017-06-18 12:50:50 UTC
Because he hasn't got any?
Kurt Nicklas
Watch the vid, CHRISTopher.
Kit
2017-06-19 00:08:39 UTC
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Why Science Isn't Enough: Faith, Reason, & the Human Need For Certainty with Troy Van Voorhis at URI
http://youtu.be/oAJnk3VpjW0
Why don't you summarize his main points.
Because he hasn't got any?
Watch the vid, CHRISTopher.
You are obviously a functional illiterate. If you are unable to competently express your thoughts and ideas using words and sentences, there is no reason why anyone show pay any attention to your mindless videos. There is a reason why the television was ironically called the idiot box. Videos are for idiots. You, Kurt, are and idiot. Good day.

-- Kit
Kurt Nicklas
2017-06-19 00:24:40 UTC
Post by Kit
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Why Science Isn't Enough: Faith, Reason, & the Human Need For Certainty with Troy Van Voorhis at URI
http://youtu.be/oAJnk3VpjW0
Why don't you summarize his main points.
Because he hasn't got any?
Watch the vid, CHRISTopher.
You are obviously a functional illiterate. If you are unable to competently express your thoughts and ideas using words and sentences, there is no reason why anyone show pay any attention to your mindless videos. There is a reason why the television was ironically called the idiot box. Videos are for idiots. You, Kurt, are and idiot. Good day.
Oh, gosh, well, I guess you told me off, huh?

LOL

-----
Kit
2017-06-19 16:15:54 UTC
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Kit
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Why Science Isn't Enough: Faith, Reason, & the Human Need For Certainty with Troy Van Voorhis at URI
http://youtu.be/oAJnk3VpjW0
Why don't you summarize his main points.
Because he hasn't got any?
Watch the vid, CHRISTopher.
You are obviously a functional illiterate. If you are unable to competently express your thoughts and ideas using words and sentences, there is no reason why anyone show pay any attention to your mindless videos. There is a reason why the television was ironically called the idiot box. Videos are for idiots. You, Kurt, are and idiot. Good day.
Oh, gosh, well, I guess you told me off, huh?
I don't believe it! Someone so unintelligent and proud of his obvious stupidity! Why does he expect anyone to take him seriously? You and Dukie are twins.

-- Kit
LOL
-----
Kurt Nicklas
2017-06-19 16:37:22 UTC
Post by Kit
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Kit
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Why Science Isn't Enough: Faith, Reason, & the Human Need For Certainty with Troy Van Voorhis at URI
http://youtu.be/oAJnk3VpjW0
Why don't you summarize his main points.
Because he hasn't got any?
Watch the vid, CHRISTopher.
You are obviously a functional illiterate. If you are unable to competently express your thoughts and ideas using words and sentences, there is no reason why anyone show pay any attention to your mindless videos. There is a reason why the television was ironically called the idiot box. Videos are for idiots. You, Kurt, are and idiot. Good day.
Oh, gosh, well, I guess you told me off, huh?
I don't believe it! Someone so unintelligent and proud of his obvious stupidity!
Do you want to discuss your atheist pretensions or will you be satisfied with whining about being told inconvenient truths?

Your choice.
Kit
2017-06-19 17:00:07 UTC
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Kit
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Kit
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Kurt Nicklas
[...]
What atheist pretensions are you referring to?

-- Kit
Christopher A. Lee
2017-06-19 18:03:17 UTC
Post by Kit
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Kit
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Kit
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Kurt Nicklas
[...]
And what "imconbenient truths" was he lying about?

He really is arrogantly nasty, calling the natural human reaction to
his neverending, in-your-face nastiness and lies "whining".
-- Kit
Kurt Nicklas
2017-06-21 00:32:18 UTC
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by Kit
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Kit
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Kit
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Kurt Nicklas
[...]
For you, "inconbenient" will do, CHRISTopher, if you prefer.

LOL
Post by Christopher A. Lee
He really is arrogantly nasty, calling the natural human reaction to
his neverending, in-your-face nastiness and lies "whining".
You approve of s. knight's nastiness toward people he doesn't like.

Why?
Tim
So, all you have is typos, still.
Jeanne Douglas
2017-06-20 23:22:02 UTC
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Kurt Nicklas
On Sunday, June 18, 2017 at 8:50:58 AM UTC-4, Christopher A. Lee wr=
Post by Christopher A. Lee
On Sun, 18 Jun 2017 06:04:10 -0500, "Jeanne Douglas"
=20
Post by Jeanne Douglas
=20
Why Science Isn't Enough: Faith, Reason, & the Human Need For =
Certainty with Troy Van Voorhis at URI
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by Jeanne Douglas
=20

=20
Why don't you summarize his main points.
=20
Because he hasn't got any?
=20
Watch the vid, CHRISTopher.
=20
You are obviously a functional illiterate. If you are unable to comp=
etently express your thoughts and ideas using words and sentences, there is=
no reason why anyone show pay any attention to your mindless videos. Ther=
e is a reason why the television was ironically called the idiot box. Vide=
os are for idiots. You, Kurt, are and idiot. Good day.
Post by Kurt Nicklas
=20
Oh, gosh, well, I guess you told me off, huh?
=20
=20
I don't believe it! Someone so unintelligent and proud of his obvious s=
tupidity! =20
Do you want to discuss your atheist pretensions
What's an "atheist pretension"?
Post by Kurt Nicklas
or will you be satisfied wi=
th whining about being told inconvenient truths?
What "inconvenient truth"?
Kurt Nicklas
2017-06-21 00:30:21 UTC
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Christopher A. Lee
On Sun, 18 Jun 2017 06:04:10 -0500, "Jeanne Douglas"
=20
Post by Jeanne Douglas
=20
Why Science Isn't Enough: Faith, Reason, & the Human Need For =
Certainty with Troy Van Voorhis at URI
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by Jeanne Douglas
=20
http://youtu.be/3DoAJnk3VpjW0
=20
Why don't you summarize his main points.
=20
Because he hasn't got any?
=20
Watch the vid, CHRISTopher.
=20
You are obviously a functional illiterate. If you are unable to comp=
etently express your thoughts and ideas using words and sentences, there is=
no reason why anyone show pay any attention to your mindless videos. Ther=
e is a reason why the television was ironically called the idiot box. Vide=
os are for idiots. You, Kurt, are and idiot. Good day.
Post by Kurt Nicklas
=20
Oh, gosh, well, I guess you told me off, huh?
=20
=20
I don't believe it! Someone so unintelligent and proud of his obvious s=
tupidity! =20
Do you want to discuss your atheist pretensions
What's an "atheist pretension"?
The dictionary is your friend.
What I say that you don't want to hear.
Jeanne Douglas
2017-06-22 01:53:15 UTC
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Christopher A. Lee
On Sun, 18 Jun 2017 06:04:10 -0500, "Jeanne Douglas"
=20
=20
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by Jeanne Douglas
=20
http://youtu.be/3DoAJnk3VpjW0
=20
Why don't you summarize his main points.
=20
Because he hasn't got any?
=20
Watch the vid, CHRISTopher.
=20
You are obviously a functional illiterate. If you are unable to comp=
etently express your thoughts and ideas using words and sentences, there is=
no reason why anyone show pay any attention to your mindless videos. Ther=
e is a reason why the television was ironically called the idiot box. Vide=
os are for idiots. You, Kurt, are and idiot. Good day.
Post by Kurt Nicklas
=20
Oh, gosh, well, I guess you told me off, huh?
=20
=20
I don't believe it! Someone so unintelligent and proud of his obvious s=
tupidity! =20
Do you want to discuss your atheist pretensions
What's an "atheist pretension"?
The dictionary is your friend.
No dictionary has "atheist pretension" as an entry.

So try again to answer the question.
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Kurt Nicklas
or will you be satisfied wi=
th whining about being told inconvenient truths?
What "inconvenient truth"?
What I say that you don't want to hear.
What do you say that I don't want to hear? Please give specific examples.
Kurt Nicklas
2017-06-22 02:20:09 UTC
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Christopher A. Lee
On Sun, 18 Jun 2017 06:04:10 -0500, "Jeanne Douglas"
=20
=20
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by Jeanne Douglas
=20
http://youtu.be/3DoAJnk3VpjW0
=20
Why don't you summarize his main points.
=20
Because he hasn't got any?
=20
Watch the vid, CHRISTopher.
=20
You are obviously a functional illiterate. If you are unable to comp=
etently express your thoughts and ideas using words and sentences, there is=
no reason why anyone show pay any attention to your mindless videos. Ther=
e is a reason why the television was ironically called the idiot box. Vide=
os are for idiots. You, Kurt, are and idiot. Good day.
Post by Kurt Nicklas
=20
Oh, gosh, well, I guess you told me off, huh?
=20
=20
I don't believe it! Someone so unintelligent and proud of his obvious s=
tupidity! =20
Do you want to discuss your atheist pretensions
What's an "atheist pretension"?
The dictionary is your friend.
No dictionary has "atheist pretension" as an entry.
So try again to answer the question.
HAHAHA.

Your problem is that every lurker here knows you look up the word "pretension", connect it with "atheist" and there you are.

Your silly, disingenuous questions and comments like this - which you seem positively ADDICTED to - only make you look like a jerk.
Jeanne Douglas
2017-06-22 09:09:02 UTC
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Christopher A. Lee
On Sun, 18 Jun 2017 06:04:10 -0500, "Jeanne Douglas"
=20
=20
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by Jeanne Douglas
=20
http://youtu.be/3DoAJnk3VpjW0
=20
Why don't you summarize his main points.
=20
Because he hasn't got any?
=20
Watch the vid, CHRISTopher.
=20
You are obviously a functional illiterate. If you are unable to comp=
etently express your thoughts and ideas using words and sentences, there is=
no reason why anyone show pay any attention to your mindless videos. Ther=
e is a reason why the television was ironically called the idiot box. Vide=
os are for idiots. You, Kurt, are and idiot. Good day.
Post by Kurt Nicklas
=20
Oh, gosh, well, I guess you told me off, huh?
=20
=20
I don't believe it! Someone so unintelligent and proud of his obvious s=
tupidity! =20
Do you want to discuss your atheist pretensions
What's an "atheist pretension"?
The dictionary is your friend.
No dictionary has "atheist pretension" as an entry.
So try again to answer the question.
HAHAHA.
Your problem is that every lurker here knows you look up the word "pretension", connect it with "atheist" and there you are.
Nope. I know what each word means on its own. But I don't know what they mean in combination.

I'll make it easier for you: What "atheist pretensions" were you referring to? Please provide specific examples.
Kevrob
2017-06-22 10:37:28 UTC
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Christopher A. Lee
On Sun, 18 Jun 2017 06:04:10 -0500, "Jeanne Douglas"
=20
=20
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by Jeanne Douglas
=20
http://youtu.be/3DoAJnk3VpjW0
=20
Why don't you summarize his main points.
=20
Because he hasn't got any?
=20
Watch the vid, CHRISTopher.
=20
You are obviously a functional illiterate. If you are unable to comp=
etently express your thoughts and ideas using words and sentences, there is=
no reason why anyone show pay any attention to your mindless videos. Ther=
e is a reason why the television was ironically called the idiot box. Vide=
os are for idiots. You, Kurt, are and idiot. Good day.
Post by Kurt Nicklas
=20
Oh, gosh, well, I guess you told me off, huh?
=20
=20
I don't believe it! Someone so unintelligent and proud of his obvious s=
tupidity! =20
Do you want to discuss your atheist pretensions
What's an "atheist pretension"?
The dictionary is your friend.
No dictionary has "atheist pretension" as an entry.
So try again to answer the question.
HAHAHA.
Your problem is that every lurker here knows you look up the word "pretension", connect it with "atheist" and there you are.
Nope. I know what each word means on its own. But I don't know what they mean in combination.
I'll make it easier for you: What "atheist pretensions" were you referring to? Please provide specific examples.
My bet is that he's pulling the old "so-called atheists don't really
disbelieve in (the)ghod(s), they just say they don't believe" scam.
According to that, we just choose to ignore:

1) the evidence {as if there were any convincing evidence} or
2) the built-in "yearning for the divine" theists think is in
every human by virtue of having been "created."

It's nonsense, of course.

Kevin R
Jeanne Douglas
2017-06-22 09:09:50 UTC
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Christopher A. Lee
On Sun, 18 Jun 2017 06:04:10 -0500, "Jeanne Douglas"
=20
=20
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by Jeanne Douglas
=20
http://youtu.be/3DoAJnk3VpjW0
=20
Why don't you summarize his main points.
=20
Because he hasn't got any?
=20
Watch the vid, CHRISTopher.
=20
You are obviously a functional illiterate. If you are unable to comp=
etently express your thoughts and ideas using words and sentences, there is=
no reason why anyone show pay any attention to your mindless videos. Ther=
e is a reason why the television was ironically called the idiot box. Vide=
os are for idiots. You, Kurt, are and idiot. Good day.
Post by Kurt Nicklas
=20
Oh, gosh, well, I guess you told me off, huh?
=20
=20
I don't believe it! Someone so unintelligent and proud of his obvious s=
tupidity! =20
Do you want to discuss your atheist pretensions
What's an "atheist pretension"?
The dictionary is your friend.
No dictionary has "atheist pretension" as an entry.
So try again to answer the question.
HAHAHA.
Your problem is that every lurker here knows you look up the word "pretension", connect it with "atheist" and there you are.
Your silly, disingenuous questions and comments like this - which you seem positively ADDICTED to - only make you look like a jerk.
No. They look like someone making fun of you bigoted trolls who are such cowards you refuse to say what you actually mean and try, and fail, to be cute about it.
Kurt Nicklas
2017-06-22 11:40:39 UTC
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Christopher A. Lee
On Sun, 18 Jun 2017 06:04:10 -0500, "Jeanne Douglas"
=20
=20
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by Jeanne Douglas
=20
http://youtu.be/3DoAJnk3VpjW0
=20
Why don't you summarize his main points.
=20
Because he hasn't got any?
=20
Watch the vid, CHRISTopher.
=20
You are obviously a functional illiterate. If you are unable to comp=
etently express your thoughts and ideas using words and sentences, there is=
no reason why anyone show pay any attention to your mindless videos. Ther=
e is a reason why the television was ironically called the idiot box. Vide=
os are for idiots. You, Kurt, are and idiot. Good day.
Post by Kurt Nicklas
=20
[...]
You know *exactly* what I mean or you wouldn't be here screaming at me. And because you are here yelling at me, you don't think I'm a troll.

You're either lying or simply self-deceiving.
Kit
2017-06-22 12:14:53 UTC
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Christopher A. Lee
On Sun, 18 Jun 2017 06:04:10 -0500, "Jeanne Douglas"
=20
=20
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by Jeanne Douglas
=20
http://youtu.be/3DoAJnk3VpjW0
=20
Why don't you summarize his main points.
=20
Because he hasn't got any?
=20
Watch the vid, CHRISTopher.
=20
You are obviously a functional illiterate. If you are unable to comp=
etently express your thoughts and ideas using words and sentences, there is=
no reason why anyone show pay any attention to your mindless videos. Ther=
e is a reason why the television was ironically called the idiot box. Vide=
os are for idiots. You, Kurt, are and idiot. Good day.
Post by Kurt Nicklas
=20
[...]
Take hard look in a mirror, Kurt.
You've precisely described yourself and your postings.
You're afraid to plainly state what college you attended and what field of study you undertook while you were enrolled. Come clean, coward!

-- Kit
Kurt Nicklas
2017-06-22 12:44:15 UTC
Post by Kit
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Christopher A. Lee
On Sun, 18 Jun 2017 06:04:10 -0500, "Jeanne Douglas"
=20
=20
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by Jeanne Douglas
=20
http://youtu.be/3DoAJnk3VpjW0
=20
Why don't you summarize his main points.
=20
Because he hasn't got any?
=20
Watch the vid, CHRISTopher.
=20
You are obviously a functional illiterate. If you are unable to comp=
etently express your thoughts and ideas using words and sentences, there is=
no reason why anyone show pay any attention to your mindless videos. Ther=
e is a reason why the television was ironically called the idiot box. Vide=
os are for idiots. You, Kurt, are and idiot. Good day.
Post by Kurt Nicklas
=20
[...]
Wow, is that trite!!
Post by Kit
You've precisely described yourself and your postings.
BLAH,BLAH
Haha. Unlike you I try to resist making claims of things I can't prove in any case.
Kit
2017-06-22 21:05:01 UTC
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Kit
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Christopher A. Lee
On Sun, 18 Jun 2017 06:04:10 -0500, "Jeanne Douglas"
=20
=20
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by Jeanne Douglas
=20
http://youtu.be/3DoAJnk3VpjW0
=20
Why don't you summarize his main points.
=20
Because he hasn't got any?
=20
Watch the vid, CHRISTopher.
=20
You are obviously a functional illiterate. If you are unable to comp=
etently express your thoughts and ideas using words and sentences, there is=
no reason why anyone show pay any attention to your mindless videos. Ther=
e is a reason why the television was ironically called the idiot box. Vide=
os are for idiots. You, Kurt, are and idiot. Good day.
=20
Post by Kit
You're afraid to plainly state what college you attended and what field of study you undertook while you were enrolled. Come clean, coward!
Haha. Unlike you I try to resist making claims of things I can't prove in any case.
Like your claim that I was a dropout from Fitchburg State College?

Your "diploma" came from a Cracker Jack box and was printed in crayon.

-- Kit
Kurt Nicklas
2017-06-22 22:49:24 UTC
Post by Kit
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Kit
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Christopher A. Lee
On Sun, 18 Jun 2017 06:04:10 -0500, "Jeanne Douglas"
=20
=20
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by Jeanne Douglas
=20
http://youtu.be/3DoAJnk3VpjW0
=20
Why don't you summarize his main points.
=20
Because he hasn't got any?
=20
Watch the vid, CHRISTopher.
=20
You are obviously a functional illiterate. If you are unable to comp=
etently express your thoughts and ideas using words and sentences, there is=
no reason why anyone show pay any attention to your mindless videos. Ther=
e is a reason why the television was ironically called the idiot box. Vide=
os are for idiots. You, Kurt, are and idiot. Good day.
=20
Post by Kit
You're afraid to plainly state what college you attended and what field of study you undertook while you were enrolled. Come clean, coward!
Haha. Unlike you I try to resist making claims of things I can't prove in any case.
Like your claim that I was a dropout from Fitchburg State College?
Prove you're not.
Post by Kit
Your "diploma" came from a Cracker Jack box and was printed in crayon.
Prove it did.

You do understand that I don't take you seriously, right?
You just aren't worth it.
Kevrob
2017-06-23 16:57:32 UTC
Post by Kit
Your "diploma" came from a Cracker Jack box and was printed in crayon.
Prove it did.
You do understand that I don't take you seriously, right?
You just aren't worth it.
What's with demanding to know which institution of higher learning
Curdles attended, or which granted him a degree? This is USENET, not
a job interview. I don't mention my alma mater except to say it was
a private, Jesuit university. Being more specific invites really
aggressive trolls to turn netcop, crack nyms, and in extreme cases
commit identity theft. Kurt's obviously not stupid. Misguided?
Sure. He'd say the same of me, I expect.

If somebody tells me "I have a B.S. in electrical engineering from
University of State at City," then proceeds to get Ohms Law wrong,
somebody else will call him out on it. You can't pretend to
expertise you don't have by metaphorically waving your sheepskin
electronically. Someone will catch you out if you are a fake,
unless you have studied enough on your own that you could pass the
relevant tests, and in a medium like this, where would be the harm?

Kevin R
duke
2017-06-23 14:34:41 UTC
Post by Kit
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Kit
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Christopher A. Lee
On Sun, 18 Jun 2017 06:04:10 -0500, "Jeanne Douglas"
=20
=20
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by Jeanne Douglas
=20
http://youtu.be/3DoAJnk3VpjW0
=20
Why don't you summarize his main points.
=20
Because he hasn't got any?
=20
Watch the vid, CHRISTopher.
=20
You are obviously a functional illiterate. If you are unable to comp=
etently express your thoughts and ideas using words and sentences, there is=
no reason why anyone show pay any attention to your mindless videos. Ther=
e is a reason why the television was ironically called the idiot box. Vide=
os are for idiots. You, Kurt, are and idiot. Good day.
=20
Post by Kit
You're afraid to plainly state what college you attended and what field of study you undertook while you were enrolled. Come clean, coward!
Haha. Unlike you I try to resist making claims of things I can't prove in any case.
Like your claim that I was a dropout from Fitchburg State College?
Were you really a dropout?
Post by Kit
Your "diploma" came from a Cracker Jack box and was printed in crayon.
-- Kit
the dukester, American-American

*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
Jeanne Douglas
2017-06-23 03:22:56 UTC
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Christopher A. Lee
On Sun, 18 Jun 2017 06:04:10 -0500, "Jeanne Douglas"
=20
=20
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by Jeanne Douglas
=20
http://youtu.be/3DoAJnk3VpjW0
=20
Why don't you summarize his main points.
=20
Because he hasn't got any?
=20
Watch the vid, CHRISTopher.
=20
You are obviously a functional illiterate. If you are unable to comp=
etently express your thoughts and ideas using words and sentences, there is=
no reason why anyone show pay any attention to your mindless videos. Ther=
e is a reason why the television was ironically called the idiot box. Vide=
os are for idiots. You, Kurt, are and idiot. Good day.
Post by Kurt Nicklas
=20
[...]
Wow, what a stupid conclusion.
hypatiab7
When did you choose to start calling myths truths?
Kurt Nicklas
Is that like you referring to disagreements as "lies"?
hypatiab7
2017-06-23 18:42:31 UTC
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by hypatiab7
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Kit
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Kit
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Kurt Nicklas
[...]
I don't. If it's a disagreement, I say so. The word lie is used entirely
too much here. The problem is that we tell you theist trolls that we aren't
interested in your silly and dangerous mythology and you can't accept this.
When we repeat this you become nasty annoyance trolls and behave like
ill-mannered children. And THAT isn't a lie but the plain truth.
%
2017-06-23 20:22:02 UTC
Post by hypatiab7
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by hypatiab7
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Kit
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Kit
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Christopher A. Lee
On Sun, 18 Jun 2017 06:04:10 -0500, "Jeanne Douglas"
no other atheists say these things here except you
Jeanne Douglas
2017-06-23 22:46:31 UTC
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Christopher A. Lee
On Sun, 18 Jun 2017 06:04:10 -0500, "Jeanne Douglas"
=20
=20
Post by hypatiab7
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by Jeanne Douglas
=20
http://youtu.be/3DoAJnk3VpjW0
=20
Why don't you summarize his main points.
=20
Because he hasn't got any?
=20
Watch the vid, CHRISTopher.
=20
You are obviously a functional illiterate. If you are unable to =
competently express your thoughts and ideas using words and sentences, ther=
e is no reason why anyone show pay any attention to your mindless videos. =
There is a reason why the television was ironically called the idiot box. =
Videos are for idiots. You, Kurt, are and idiot. Good day.
Post by hypatiab7
Post by Kurt Nicklas
=20
Oh, gosh, well, I guess you told me off, huh?
=20
=20
I don't believe it! Someone so unintelligent and proud of his obvio=
us stupidity! =20
Post by hypatiab7
=20
Do you want to discuss your atheist pretensions or will you be satisfie=
d with whining about being told inconvenient truths?
Post by hypatiab7
=20
Your choice.
=20
When did you choose to start calling myths truths?
Is that like you referring to disagreements as "lies"?
Since nobody here has EVER done that, you've just told another lie.
hypatiab7
2017-06-23 16:30:24 UTC
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Kit
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Why Science Isn't Enough: Faith, Reason, & the Human Need For Certainty with Troy Van Voorhis at URI
http://youtu.be/oAJnk3VpjW0
Why don't you summarize his main points.
Because he hasn't got any?
Watch the vid, CHRISTopher.
You are obviously a functional illiterate. If you are unable to competently express your thoughts and ideas using words and sentences, there is no reason why anyone show pay any attention to your mindless videos. There is a reason why the television was ironically called the idiot box. Videos are for idiots. You, Kurt, are and idiot. Good day.
Oh, gosh, well, I guess you told me off, huh?
LOL
When it comes to Christian trolls and videos, we've learned that such
videos are mere propaganda devices that basically say the same thing.
After hearing/watching them several times, it's enough to not need to
watch anymore. You and Bobert have left us all videoed out.
Christopher A. Lee
2017-06-19 11:48:49 UTC
Post by Kit
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Why Science Isn't Enough: Faith, Reason, & the Human Need For Certainty with Troy Van Voorhis at URI
http://youtu.be/oAJnk3VpjW0
Why don't you summarize his main points.
Because he hasn't got any?
Watch the vid, CHRISTopher.
You are obviously a functional illiterate. If you are unable to competently express your
thoughts and ideas using words and sentences, there is no reason why anyone show pay
any attention to your mindless videos. There is a reason why the television was ironically
called the idiot box. Videos are for idiots. You, Kurt, are and idiot. Good day.
He needs to explain things in his own words - that way, he would
understand enough to defend it instead of hiding behind vides which
simply repeat the same old mindless nonsense.

But then he's a creationist who rejects science's objective
understanding of the real world, and who talks at us as if his
religion were universally accepted as "the truth".

Would the moron watch a video he knows is going to insult the
intelligence, because it purports to "prove" a flat Earth?

It is almost unbelievable just how many Americans have been made
mindlessly stupid by their religion.
Kurt Nicklas
2017-06-19 11:54:37 UTC
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by Kit
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Kurt Nicklas
[...]
CHRSTopher A. Lee: Too cowardly to debate me directly.

What's he worried about?
hypatiab7
Why? It's just the same disproved nonsense. Anything from you is only that.
Kurt Nicklas
2017-06-18 20:04:10 UTC
Watch it yourself.
David Canzi
2017-06-19 01:14:48 UTC
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Why Science Isn't Enough: Faith, Reason, & the Human Need For Certainty with Troy Van Voorhis at URI
http://youtu.be/oAJnk3VpjW0
Why don't you summarize his main points.
Watch it yourself.
Video is an inefficient way to present arguments. It takes less
time to read an argument than it does to watch it on video. An
argument that takes an hour to present in a video can probably,
if written in plain language, be read in 10 or 15 minutes.

How many people do you expect to watch the video? If it's 10
people, and you can save them 45 minutes each, how much of your
time is it worth to save over 7 hours of their time? If it's
not worth any of your time, then you seem to feel entitled to
consume other people's time for free, an attitude you share with
marketers. And maybe that is no surprise, since most arguments
for belief in God are really sales pitches.
David Canzi | Eternal truths come and go.
Kurt Nicklas
Don't bother watching. You don't pack the gear.
hypatiab7
2017-06-23 19:32:09 UTC
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by David Canzi
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Kurt Nicklas
[...]
Who died and made you a god, salesman? I certainly hope you aren't on commission. You haven't made any sales.

You're
Jeanne Douglas
2017-06-19 02:33:53 UTC
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Why Science Isn't Enough: Faith, Reason, & the Human Need For Certainty with Troy Van Voorhis at URI
http://youtu.be/oAJnk3VpjW0
Why don't you summarize his main points.
Watch it yourself.
Not until I get some idea of what's in it. So give us the main points.
Kurt Nicklas
Christopher A. Lee
2017-06-19 11:57:59 UTC
On Sun, 18 Jun 2017 21:33:53 -0500, "Jeanne Douglas"
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Why Science Isn't Enough: Faith, Reason, & the Human Need For Certainty with Troy Van Voorhis at URI
http://youtu.be/oAJnk3VpjW0
Why don't you summarize his main points.
Watch it yourself.
Not until I get some idea of what's in it. So give us the main points.
Like other religious loonie trolls, he imagines we only have to watch
videos to realise that objective reality is wrong. It's replaced "read
the Bible".
Kurt Nicklas
CHRISTopher thinks he knows what's in the video. He won't watch it. Might have some dangerous ideas.
hypatiab7
2017-06-23 19:56:21 UTC
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Why Science Isn't Enough: Faith, Reason, & the Human Need For Certainty with Troy Van Voorhis at URI
http://youtu.be/oAJnk3VpjW0
Why don't you summarize his main points.
Watch it yourself.
Not until I get some idea of what's in it. So give us the main points.
Like other religious loonie trolls, he imagines we only have to watch
videos to realise that objective reality is wrong. It's replaced "read
the Bible".
CHRISTopher thinks he knows what's in the video. He won't watch it. Might have some dangerous ideas.
We all know what's in them. They're shown over and over. Once watched
out of curiosity. Twice maybe to see if it's been updated (They never are.)
Three times - no.
hypatiab7
2017-06-23 18:45:42 UTC
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Why Science Isn't Enough: Faith, Reason, & the Human Need For Certainty with Troy Van Voorhis at URI
http://youtu.be/oAJnk3VpjW0
Why don't you summarize his main points.
Watch it yourself.
Since I knew I would be replying to you, I watched the beginning. Same
old garbage.
hypatiab7
old garbage.
Jeanne Douglas
2017-06-23 22:50:06 UTC
Post by hypatiab7
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Why Science Isn't Enough: Faith, Reason, & the Human Need For Certainty with Troy Van Voorhis at URI
http://youtu.be/oAJnk3VpjW0
Why don't you summarize his main points.
Watch it yourself.
Since I knew I would be replying to you, I watched the beginning. Same
old garbage.
But the title does explain theists.

"the need for certainty"

They'll believe any idiocy as long as it makes them comfortable and without any of those pesky uncertainties.

And I don't believe Kurt wasted over an hour watching this.
Yap Honghor
2017-06-19 03:37:11 UTC
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Why Science Isn't Enough: Faith, Reason, & the Human Need For Certainty with Troy Van Voorhis at URI
http://youtu.be/oAJnk3VpjW0
Faith can never have any value.
Reason yes, but is non-existent in theism.
Certainty is too big a word to be certain....
Lucifer Morningstar
Christians have a sure and certain hope.
Malcolm McMahon
A "sure and certain hope" is a contradiction in terms. "Hope" implies uncertainty.
Lucifer Morningstar
Being a Christian means never acknowledging a contradiction.
Smiler
2017-06-22 19:06:47 UTC
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Why Science Isn't Enough: Faith, Reason, & the Human Need For
Certainty with Troy Van Voorhis at URI
http://youtu.be/oAJnk3VpjW0
Faith can never have any value.
Reason yes, but is non-existent in theism.
Certainty is too big a word to be certain....
Christians have a sure and certain hope.
A "sure and certain hope" is a contradiction in terms. "Hope" implies uncertainty.
Being a Christian means never acknowledging a contradiction.
Or a lie.
--
Smiler, The godless one.
aa #2279
to exactly fit the prejudices of the believer.
Kurt Nicklas
2017-06-22 19:21:42 UTC
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Why Science Isn't Enough: Faith, Reason, & the Human Need For
Certainty with Troy Van Voorhis at URI
http://youtu.be/oAJnk3VpjW0
Faith can never have any value.
Reason yes, but is non-existent in theism.
Certainty is too big a word to be certain....
Christians have a sure and certain hope.
A "sure and certain hope" is a contradiction in terms. "Hope" implies uncertainty.
Being a Christian means never acknowledging a contradiction.
Or a lie.
Another atheist who's either ignorant or lying himself.

My hunch is that atheists claim the opinions of others to be "lies" is simply a cowardly attempt to shut them up rather than have to confront them.
Jeanne Douglas
duke
2017-06-23 14:35:51 UTC
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Why Science Isn't Enough: Faith, Reason, & the Human Need For
Certainty with Troy Van Voorhis at URI
http://youtu.be/oAJnk3VpjW0
Faith can never have any value.
Reason yes, but is non-existent in theism.
Certainty is too big a word to be certain....
Christians have a sure and certain hope.
A "sure and certain hope" is a contradiction in terms. "Hope" implies uncertainty.
Being a Christian means never acknowledging a contradiction.
Or a lie.
Another atheist who's either ignorant or lying himself.
My hunch is that atheists claim the opinions of others to be "lies" is simply a cowardly attempt to shut them up rather than have to confront them.
Well, smiler can't confront anyone.

*****
Kurt Nicklas
So are you certain that you are right about all this?
Lucifer Morningstar
Faith is only needed to believe something you know is not true.
Kurt Nicklas
2017-06-19 18:50:50 UTC
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Why Science Isn't Enough: Faith, Reason, & the Human Need For Certainty with Troy Van Voorhis at URI
http://youtu.be/oAJnk3VpjW0
Faith can never have any value.
Reason yes, but is non-existent in theism.
Certainty is too big a word to be certain....
So are you certain that you are right about all this?
Faith is only needed to believe something you know is not true.
Why would I want to believe something that's not true?

You're very strange.
Jeanne Douglas
2017-06-20 01:56:58 UTC
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Why Science Isn't Enough: Faith, Reason, & the Human Need For Certainty with Troy Van Voorhis at URI
http://youtu.be/oAJnk3VpjW0
Faith can never have any value.
Reason yes, but is non-existent in theism.
Certainty is too big a word to be certain....
So are you certain that you are right about all this?
Faith is only needed to believe something you know is not true.
Because you have to pretend it's real because you're a coward living in terror of an imaginary hell.
Cloud Hobbit
2017-06-20 02:36:04 UTC
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Why Science Isn't Enough: Faith, Reason, & the Human Need For Certainty with Troy Van Voorhis at URI
http://youtu.be/oAJnk3VpjW0
Faith can never have any value.
Reason yes, but is non-existent in theism.
Certainty is too big a word to be certain....
So are you certain that you are right about all this?
Faith is only needed to believe something you know is not true.
Why would I want to believe something that's not true?
Because it sounds so nice.
Post by Kurt Nicklas
You're very strange.
Not as strange as someone who believes in the nonexistent.
!! Atheist ------------------------------
2017-06-22 00:53:04 UTC
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Yap Honghor
Faith can never have any value.
Reason yes, but is non-existent in theism.
Certainty is too big a word to be certain....
So are you certain that you are right about all this?
Faith is only needed to believe something you know is not true.
Why would I want to believe something that's not true?
Faith can equally be used to accept anything as false or true, so it is a highly unreliable path to truth.

I'd bet that *all* your beliefs except for "faith" are evidence based (i.e. scientific).
--
It is a *fact* that you have no verifiable evidence of any god(s). None whatsoever.
Without that evidence believing "a god exists" is irrational.
Yap Honghor
2017-06-22 07:05:53 UTC
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Why Science Isn't Enough: Faith, Reason, & the Human Need For Certainty with Troy Van Voorhis at URI
http://youtu.be/oAJnk3VpjW0
Faith can never have any value.
Reason yes, but is non-existent in theism.
Certainty is too big a word to be certain....
So are you certain that you are right about all this?
Faith is only needed to believe something you know is not true.
Why would I want to believe something that's not true?
So, you don't believe in Noah flood, talking snake, and pixie????
Post by Kurt Nicklas
You're very strange.
Theism is strange.
aaa
2017-06-19 13:13:31 UTC
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Why Science Isn't Enough: Faith, Reason, & the Human Need For Certainty with Troy Van Voorhis at URI
http://youtu.be/oAJnk3VpjW0
Faith can never have any value.
Reason yes, but is non-existent in theism.
Certainty is too big a word to be certain....
You fail to realize that all your reasons are based on having faith in
the truth. What your mind thinks as true may not be true unless it can
be proven by the truth. Having no direct access to the truth that is all
knowing, your reason is worthless shit if it does not rely on faith.
--
God's spiritual evidence:

happiness, faith, courage, peace, freedom, and life itself.
Cloud Hobbit
2017-06-19 18:27:58 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Why Science Isn't Enough: Faith, Reason, & the Human Need For Certainty with Troy Van Voorhis at URI
http://youtu.be/oAJnk3VpjW0
Faith can never have any value.
Reason yes, but is non-existent in theism.
Certainty is too big a word to be certain....
You fail to realize that all your reasons are based on having faith in
the truth.
Wrong again Retardo. Thank you for proving that you have no idea about what science actually is.

What your mind thinks as true may not be true unless it can
Post by aaa
be proven by the truth.
Like Evolution.

Post by aaa
knowing, your reason is worthless shit if it does not rely on faith.
Nobody has access to all knowing truth because there is no such thing.

No surprise you have no clue what reason is.
aaa
2017-06-20 05:30:40 UTC
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by aaa
On Sunday, June 18, 2017 at 6:40:02 AM UTC+8, Kurt Nicklas
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Why Science Isn't Enough: Faith, Reason, & the Human Need For
Certainty with Troy Van Voorhis at URI
http://youtu.be/oAJnk3VpjW0
Faith can never have any value. Reason yes, but is non-existent
in theism. Certainty is too big a word to be certain....
You fail to realize that all your reasons are based on having faith
in the truth.
Wrong again Retardo. Thank you for proving that you have no idea
about what science actually is.
Blind denial.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
What your mind thinks as true may not be true unless it can
Post by aaa
be proven by the truth.
Like Evolution.
No. Evolution has been proven wrong by the second law of thermodynamics.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
No surprise you have no clue what reason is.
You fail to realize the ultimate foundation of all reasoning.

Cloud Hobbit
2017-06-22 08:34:27 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by aaa
be proven by the truth.
Like Evolution.
No. Evolution has been proven wrong by the second law of thermodynamics.
No, that's just one of your insane claims.
Post by aaa
knowing, your reason is worthless shit if it does not rely on faith.
Nobody has access to all knowing truth because there is no such thing.
Blind denial.
Exactly, you blindly deny reality.
You fail to demonstrate that you would be able to recognize if it existed.
aaa
2017-06-23 02:06:55 UTC
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by aaa
Post by aaa
be proven by the truth.
Like Evolution.
No. Evolution has been proven wrong by the second law of thermodynamics.
No, that's just one of your insane claims.
I have proved it for too many times.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by aaa
Post by Cloud Hobbit
No surprise you have no clue what reason is.
You fail to realize the ultimate foundation of all reasoning.
You fail to demonstrate that you would be able to recognize if it existed.
I have demonstrated my simple logic quite clearly. You can only blindly
deny them.

Jeanne Douglas
2017-06-23 07:51:06 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by aaa
Post by aaa
be proven by the truth.
Like Evolution.
No. Evolution has been proven wrong by the second law of thermodynamics.
No, that's just one of your insane claims.
I have proved it for too many times.
You've done nothing of the sort. Just repeating your unevidenced opionions is not proving something.
aaa
2017-06-24 05:25:25 UTC
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by aaa
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by aaa
Post by aaa
be proven by the truth.
Like Evolution.
No. Evolution has been proven wrong by the second law of
thermodynamics.
No, that's just one of your insane claims.
I have proved it for too many times.
You've done nothing of the sort. Just repeating your unevidenced
opionions is not proving something.
Although my logic is quite simple, I don't have to repeat it in its
entirety every time to deal with your blind denial.

Smiler
2017-06-23 19:02:32 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by aaa
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by aaa
be proven by the truth.
Like Evolution.
No. Evolution has been proven wrong by the second law of
thermodynamics.
No, that's just one of your insane claims.
I have proved it for too many times.
I have proved that you are a paedophile for too many times.
Post by aaa
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by aaa
Post by Cloud Hobbit
No surprise you have no clue what reason is.
You fail to realize the ultimate foundation of all reasoning.
You fail to demonstrate that you would be able to recognize if it existed.
I have demonstrated my simple logic quite clearly. You can only blindly
deny them.
I have demonstrated that you are a child murdering paedophile quite
clearly. You can only blindly deny it.
aaa
2017-06-24 05:27:19 UTC
Post by Smiler
Post by aaa
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by aaa
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by aaa
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by aaa
Post by Cloud Hobbit
No surprise you have no clue what reason is.
You fail to realize the ultimate foundation of all reasoning.
You fail to demonstrate that you would be able to recognize if it existed.
I have demonstrated my simple logic quite clearly. You can only blindly
deny them.
I have demonstrated that you are a child murdering paedophile quite
clearly. You can only blindly deny it.
There is nothing I can do if you blindly deny whatever I say.

Smiler
2017-06-19 20:50:19 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Why Science Isn't Enough: Faith, Reason, & the Human Need For
Certainty with Troy Van Voorhis at URI
http://youtu.be/oAJnk3VpjW0
Faith can never have any value.
Reason yes, but is non-existent in theism.
Certainty is too big a word to be certain....
You fail to realize that all your reasons are based on having faith in
the truth.
That truth being proven science.
Post by aaa
What your mind thinks as true may not be true unless it can
be proven by the truth.
"Truth is proven by the truth." Circular much?
Post by aaa
Having no direct access to the truth
But we have access to science, the proven truth.
Post by aaa
that is all knowing, your reason is worthless shit if it does not rely
on faith.
Faith = belief in what you know to be untrue.
Kurt Nicklas
2017-06-19 22:34:54 UTC
Post by Smiler
Post by aaa
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Why Science Isn't Enough: Faith, Reason, & the Human Need For
Certainty with Troy Van Voorhis at URI
http://youtu.be/oAJnk3VpjW0
Faith can never have any value.
Reason yes, but is non-existent in theism.
Certainty is too big a word to be certain....
You fail to realize that all your reasons are based on having faith in
the truth.
That truth being proven science.
Science itself, of course, is based on certain basic assumptions which are accepted on.....faith.
Post by aaa
Having no direct access to the truth
But we have access to science, the proven truth.
Science does not deal in Truth.
I keep seeing that laughable claim. Did you get that from Dawkins or from digging through old quotes from Madelyn O'Hair?
Jeanne Douglas
2017-06-20 01:55:55 UTC
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Smiler
Post by aaa
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Why Science Isn't Enough: Faith, Reason, & the Human Need For
Certainty with Troy Van Voorhis at URI
http://youtu.be/oAJnk3VpjW0
Faith can never have any value.
Reason yes, but is non-existent in theism.
Certainty is too big a word to be certain....
You fail to realize that all your reasons are based on having faith in
the truth.
That truth being proven science.
Science itself, of course, is based on certain basic assumptions which are accepted on.....faith.
There's that stupid lie again.
Cloud Hobbit
2017-06-20 02:38:36 UTC
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Smiler
Post by aaa
Post by Smiler
Post by aaa
that is all knowing, your reason is worthless shit if it does not rely
on faith.
Faith = belief in what you know to be untrue.
I keep seeing that laughable claim. Did you get that from Dawkins or from digging through old quotes from Madelyn O'Hair?
How about the dictionary definition I see most often. Faith is a belief for which there is no evidence.

There is nothing that qualifies as evidence for any of the world's gods.
Lucifer Morningstar
2017-06-20 04:43:31 UTC
On Mon, 19 Jun 2017 19:38:36 -0700 (PDT), Cloud Hobbit
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Smiler
Post by aaa
Post by Smiler
Post by aaa
that is all knowing, your reason is worthless shit if it does not rely
on faith.
Faith = belief in what you know to be untrue.
I keep seeing that laughable claim. Did you get that from Dawkins or from
digging through old quotes from Madelyn O'Hair?
How about the dictionary definition I see most often. Faith is a belief for which there is no evidence.
There is nothing that qualifies as evidence for any of the world's gods.
If there is evidence or proof faith is not needed.

Faith kills.
Yap Honghor
2017-06-22 07:08:38 UTC
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Smiler
Post by aaa
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Why Science Isn't Enough: Faith, Reason, & the Human Need For
Certainty with Troy Van Voorhis at URI
http://youtu.be/oAJnk3VpjW0
Faith can never have any value.
Reason yes, but is non-existent in theism.
Certainty is too big a word to be certain....
You fail to realize that all your reasons are based on having faith in
the truth.
That truth being proven science.
Science itself, of course, is based on certain basic assumptions which are accepted on.....faith.
Wrong....science is always seeking truth in having the right data, approach and theory.
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by aaa
Having no direct access to the truth
But we have access to science, the proven truth.
Science does not deal in Truth.
Science will tear away the untruth.
See, even with the universal truth above, you just want to troll?
aaa
2017-06-20 05:28:07 UTC
Post by Smiler
Post by aaa
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Why Science Isn't Enough: Faith, Reason, & the Human Need For
Certainty with Troy Van Voorhis at URI
http://youtu.be/oAJnk3VpjW0
Faith can never have any value.
Reason yes, but is non-existent in theism.
Certainty is too big a word to be certain....
You fail to realize that all your reasons are based on having faith in
the truth.
That truth being proven science.
No. Science is relying on truth to prove everything else.
Post by Smiler
Post by aaa
What your mind thinks as true may not be true unless it can
be proven by the truth.
"Truth is proven by the truth." Circular much?
No. The truth proves what you think to be true. What you think to be
true isn't truth itself. It has to be proven by something else. That
something else will ultimately lead to the faith in truth.
Post by Smiler
Post by aaa
Having no direct access to the truth
But we have access to science, the proven truth.
No. Science relies on the faith in the truth. All scientific axioms are
statements of faith.
Post by Smiler
Post by aaa
that is all knowing, your reason is worthless shit if it does not rely
on faith.
Faith = belief in what you know to be untrue.
Then all scientific axioms are false beliefs.

Lucifer Morningstar
2017-06-20 13:26:26 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by Smiler
Post by aaa
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Why Science Isn't Enough: Faith, Reason, & the Human Need For
Certainty with Troy Van Voorhis at URI
http://youtu.be/oAJnk3VpjW0
Faith can never have any value.
Reason yes, but is non-existent in theism.
Certainty is too big a word to be certain....
You fail to realize that all your reasons are based on having faith in
the truth.
That truth being proven science.
No. Science is relying on truth to prove everything else.
That doesn't actually make sense.
Post by aaa
Post by Smiler
Post by aaa
What your mind thinks as true may not be true unless it can
be proven by the truth.
"Truth is proven by the truth." Circular much?
No. The truth proves what you think to be true. What you think to be
true isn't truth itself. It has to be proven by something else. That
something else will ultimately lead to the faith in truth.
So once we know something to be true we then need to believe
it to not be true so we can believe by faith?

Why does your mythology need to be so complicated?

If God made everything good would everything be good?
Post by aaa
Post by Smiler
Post by aaa
Having no direct access to the truth
But we have access to science, the proven truth.
No. Science relies on the faith in the truth. All scientific axioms are
statements of faith.
Only those which are known to be false.

Post by aaa
Post by Smiler
Post by aaa
that is all knowing, your reason is worthless shit if it does not rely
on faith.
Faith = belief in what you know to be untrue.
Then all scientific axioms are false beliefs.
Only in your make believe world.

If God made everything good would everything be good?
Cloud Hobbit
2017-06-22 08:46:25 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by Smiler
Post by aaa
Post by Smiler
Post by aaa
Having no direct access to the truth
But we have access to science, the proven truth.
No. Science relies on the faith in the truth.
Wrong again Retardo, science relies on evidence and observation. You have neither.

All scientific axioms are
Post by aaa
statements of faith.
All scientific axioms are the result of testing and observation.
Faith is ideas without evidence.
Post by aaa
Post by Smiler
Post by aaa
that is all knowing, your reason is worthless shit if it does not rely
on faith.
Faith = belief in what you know to be untrue.
According to Mark Twain.

Letters to The Earth should be required reading.
"(On the Bible) It is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies."
Post by aaa
Then all scientific axioms are false beliefs.
Once again a blind denial of reality.
Further evidence of Tripp's brain damage.
aaa
2017-06-23 02:31:08 UTC
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by aaa
Post by Smiler
Post by aaa
Having no direct access to the truth
But we have access to science, the proven truth.
No. Science relies on the faith in the truth.
Wrong again Retardo, science relies on evidence and observation. You have neither.
There is no evidence if nothing is true, and there is no observation if
the observer does not rely on the truth in the first place. The truth is
what science is based on.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
All scientific axioms are
Post by aaa
statements of faith.
All scientific axioms are the result of testing and observation.
Faith is ideas without evidence.
False. If an axiom could be tested, it wouldn't be called axiom. An
axiom is a statement that does not rely on anything else. It's only to
be believed. It can't be proven or disproven. It's the foundation of
science. Without it, there is no science to exist.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by aaa
Post by aaa
Then all scientific axioms are false beliefs.
Once again a blind denial of reality. Further evidence of Tripp's
brain damage.
You fail to realize the shaky ground your beloved science is standing on.

Jeanne Douglas
2017-06-23 07:49:30 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by aaa
Post by Smiler
Post by aaa
Having no direct access to the truth
But we have access to science, the proven truth.
No. Science relies on the faith in the truth.
Wrong again Retardo, science relies on evidence and observation. You have neither.
There is no evidence if nothing is true, and there is no observation if
the observer does not rely on the truth in the first place. The truth is
what science is based on.
You DO know, don't you. That what you just said is total gibberish????
Smiler
2017-06-23 19:17:21 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by aaa
Post by Smiler
Post by Smiler
Post by aaa
What your mind thinks as true may not be true unless it can be
proven by the truth.
"Truth is proven by the truth." Circular much?
No. The truth proves what you think to be true. What you think to be
true isn't truth itself. It has to be proven by something else.
Back pedalling much?
Post by aaa
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by aaa
That something else will ultimately lead to the faith in truth.
Nope. No need for any faith if there is evidence.
Post by aaa
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by aaa
Post by Smiler
Post by aaa
Having no direct access to the truth
But we have access to science, the proven truth.
No. Science relies on the faith in the truth.
Wrong again Retardo, science relies on evidence and observation. You have neither.
There is no evidence if nothing is true,
Exactly. Nothing you say is true and you have no evidence.
Post by aaa
and there is no observation if the observer does not rely on the truth
in the first place.
Thanks for the admission that you're blind and don't observe anything.
Post by aaa
The truth is what science is based on.
Nope. Science discovers the truth through experiment and observation.
Post by aaa
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by aaa
All scientific axioms are statements of faith.
All scientific axioms are the result of testing and observation. Faith
is ideas without evidence.
False. If an axiom could be tested, it wouldn't be called axiom. An
axiom is a statement that does not rely on anything else. It's only to
be believed. It can't be proven or disproven. It's the foundation of
science. Without it, there is no science to exist.
More bullshit.
Post by aaa
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by aaa
Post by aaa
Then all scientific axioms are false beliefs.
Once again a blind denial of reality. Further evidence of Tripp's brain
damage.
You fail to realize the shaky ground your beloved science is standing on.
You fail to realize that you're talking utter nonsense.
Jeanne Douglas
aaa

Lucifer Morningstar
The numbers are in. aaa is the kookiest kook in the this newsgroup.
Jeanne Douglas
2017-06-20 23:25:13 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by aaa
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Why Science Isn't Enough: Faith, Reason, & the Human Need For Certainty with Troy Van Voorhis at URI
http://youtu.be/oAJnk3VpjW0
Faith can never have any value.
Reason yes, but is non-existent in theism.
Certainty is too big a word to be certain....
You fail to realize that all your reasons are based on having faith in
the truth.
Wrong again.
Blind denial.
The numbers are in. aaa is the kookiest kook in the this newsgroup.
I believe you may be correct.
Cloud Hobbit
Why do you deny reality?
Yap Honghor
2017-06-22 07:03:36 UTC
Post by aaa
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Why Science Isn't Enough: Faith, Reason, & the Human Need For Certainty with Troy Van Voorhis at URI
http://youtu.be/oAJnk3VpjW0
Faith can never have any value.
Reason yes, but is non-existent in theism.
Certainty is too big a word to be certain....
You fail to realize that all your reasons are based on having faith in
the truth. What your mind thinks as true may not be true unless it can
be proven by the truth. Having no direct access to the truth that is all
knowing, your reason is worthless shit if it does not rely on faith.
You are wrong...we never rely upon faith, we rely upon facts which give rise to truth.

Example, we all know you have brain injury which is a fact. Do we need faith to know the extend of your injury??????

Your evidence below is from your ass?
Self satisfaction?
aaa
2017-06-23 02:41:53 UTC
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Why Science Isn't Enough: Faith, Reason, & the Human Need For
Certainty with Troy Van Voorhis at URI
http://youtu.be/oAJnk3VpjW0
Faith can never have any value. Reason yes, but is non-existent
in theism. Certainty is too big a word to be certain....
You fail to realize that all your reasons are based on having faith
in the truth. What your mind thinks as true may not be true unless
it can be proven by the truth. Having no direct access to the truth
that is all knowing, your reason is worthless shit if it does not
rely on faith.
You are wrong...we never rely upon faith, we rely upon facts which give rise to truth.
Your facts are the results for having faith in the truth. Facts have to
be proven. What proves the facts is your faith in the truth. As a
scientist, you can't really prove anything. You rely on the confidence
of the scientific community in knowing the truth better than you. It's
why it's called peer review. The so called peer review is actually a
statement of faith.
Post by Yap Honghor
Example, we all know you have brain injury which is a fact. Do we
need faith to know the extend of your injury??????
Your evidence below is from your ass? Self satisfaction?
Post by aaa
Truth, love, wisdom, compassion, knowledge, consciousness,
intelligence, happiness, faith, courage, peace, freedom, and life
itself.

Cloud Hobbit
2017-06-23 23:32:57 UTC
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Why Science Isn't Enough: Faith, Reason, & the Human Need For
Certainty with Troy Van Voorhis at URI
http://youtu.be/oAJnk3VpjW0
Faith can never have any value. Reason yes, but is non-existent
in theism. Certainty is too big a word to be certain....
You fail to realize that all your reasons are based on having faith
in the truth. What your mind thinks as true may not be true unless
it can be proven by the truth. Having no direct access to the truth
that is all knowing, your reason is worthless shit if it does not
rely on faith.
You are wrong...we never rely upon faith, we rely on facts which
give rise to truth.
Your facts are the results for having faith in the truth.
Wrong again Retardo. Facts are the result of observation and truth. Nothing should is considered true in science if there is no observation and testing.

Facts have to
Post by aaa
be proven.
A lesson you have not learned.

What proves the facts is your faith in the truth.

What proves facts is the fact that under the same testing conditions and observation the same results occur.

As a
Post by aaa
scientist, you can't really prove anything.
Yes, you can. You can prove that under the same conditions the same things happen. That's how we know evolution is true.

You rely on the confidence
Post by aaa
of the scientific community in knowing the truth better than you.
No, we rely on the scientific communities previous success in interpreting reality and getting it right.

It's
Post by aaa
why it's called peer review. The so called peer review is actually a
statement of faith.
Religion is faith. Science is observation and testing.
Um, there is no evidence below.
Davej
2017-06-20 13:42:37 UTC
[....]
Faith, Reason, & the Human Need For Pure Bullshit.
Kevrob
2017-06-20 14:26:10 UTC
Post by Davej
[....]
Faith, Reason, & the Human Need For Pure Bullshit.
KN is doing a great "Bob" (Robert Conrad, 1000 other nyms) imitation.

More later.

Kevin R
Malcolm McMahon
2017-06-22 09:43:07 UTC
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Why Science Isn't Enough: Faith, Reason, & the Human Need For Certainty with Troy Van Voorhis at URI
http://youtu.be/oAJnk3VpjW0
Of course science isn't enough. Science is only for understanding how things are. That's a fraction of what we, as human beings, need to do. Science does not provide ethical rules, for example, though it's a context in which we can test them for consistency.

To function, the mind needs goals as well as facts.
Alex W.
2017-06-22 22:40:34 UTC
Post by Malcolm McMahon
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Why Science Isn't Enough: Faith, Reason, & the Human Need For
Certainty with Troy Van Voorhis at URI
http://youtu.be/oAJnk3VpjW0
Of course science isn't enough. Science is only for understanding how
things are. That's a fraction of what we, as human beings, need to
do. Science does not provide ethical rules, for example, though it's
a context in which we can test them for consistency.
To function, the mind needs goals as well as facts.
Up to a point.

Science can offer some insight into the biological roots of morality and
ethics. For instance, rules on (self-)sacrifice, monogamy or the ban on
incest may all be described in terms of evolutionary biology. Ethical
and moral guidelines on how to deal with outsiders -- or indeed on
defining who is and is not part of a group -- are rooted in our
biological nature as deeply social animals.
Malcolm McMahon
They can be _described_ and sometimes partially explained in such terms but they aren't _derived_ from our knowledge of such matters.
hypatiab7
2017-06-23 18:15:58 UTC
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Why Science Isn't Enough: Faith, Reason, & the Human Need For Certainty with Troy Van Voorhis at URI
http://youtu.be/oAJnk3VpjW0
Faith is proof of nothing. It's just what another person told you to accept without thought and you were suckered into it.