Was Jesus a good handyman?
2018-04-07 19:12:32 UTC
I mean, did he own tools and knew how to use them? Maybe they were rusted.

https://www.zazzle.com/z/omhoj?rf=238111090634717809

We may never know what kind of handyman he was.

FUN & COLORFUL
facebook.com/liboriojolgorio

THE JUNGLE
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nffbCR_uCZ6znjf3gLiFRXSAoLzhWtoZ6U4S7Y37aKc/edit?usp=sharing

MAGIC BRACELETS
Banana Warrior Bracelet @eBay

#HammockForPeace #BikeForPeace
Amazing Answers
Monkey wrenches are mostly for plumbers.
So what kind of tools U think he had. I hope he had a hammer, but there's already a god with a hammer.
2018-04-07 21:08:43 UTC
On Sat, 7 Apr 2018 12:15:27 -0700 (PDT), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
I mean, did he own tools and knew how to use them? Maybe they were rusted.
https://www.zazzle.com/z/omhoj?rf=238111090634717809
We may never know what kind of handyman he was.
daddy was a carpenter...it was usual to learn daddy's trade
He was a rebel so why not be something else.

We never had that many wise carpenters.
Actually it would make more sense he was a handyman, a jack of all trades who made a living with a hammer and tape.
Amazing Answers
What about an impact driver?
%
how about a ram set gun
Amazing Answers
what about a glue gun?
Kevrob
2018-04-08 16:50:23 UTC
Post by Amazing Answers
Post by %
Post by Amazing Answers
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
On Sat, 7 Apr 2018 12:15:27 -0700 (PDT), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
I mean, did he own tools and knew how to use them? Maybe they were rusted.
https://www.zazzle.com/z/omhoj?rf=238111090634717809
We may never know what kind of handyman he was.
daddy was a carpenter...it was usual to learn daddy's trade
He was a rebel so why not be something else.
We never had that many wise carpenters.
Actually it would make more sense he was a handyman, a jack of all trades who made a living with a hammer and tape.
What about an impact driver?
how about a ram set gun
what about a glue gun?
Assroid? Committing blasphemy?

Unless this is a forgery, you may be making progress.

Kevin R
John Smith

From: "Mynews" <hot-***@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: alt.atheism
Subject: What's keeping Jesus from coming back? Wise TibetanMonkey
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2018 16:23:42 -0500

On Tuesday, April 3, 2018 at 12:05:37 AM UTC-7,
Is it that things R not bad enough
or that he's taking a comfy vacation
somewhere in cloud nine?
I think Christians
deserve some answers.
Christians Will Get
What They Deserve
In The End

No Time For A Vacation

The Son Of Nothing
At Work Doing
The Farther Business

Building A Modern Family

So When things
Get Bad Enough

It Will Not Come
The Farther Home
John Locke
2018-04-07 23:01:37 UTC
On Sat, 7 Apr 2018 12:12:32 -0700 (PDT), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
I mean, did he own tools and knew how to use them? Maybe they were rusted.
https://www.zazzle.com/z/omhoj?rf=238111090634717809
We may never know what kind of handyman he was.
...well, if he was a handyman he should have stuck with his trade
instead of running amuck with that ridiculous salvation scam.
2018-04-08 00:52:49 UTC
On Sat, 7 Apr 2018 12:12:32 -0700 (PDT), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
I mean, did he own tools and knew how to use them? Maybe they were rusted.
https://www.zazzle.com/z/omhoj?rf=238111090634717809
We may never know what kind of handyman he was.
...well, if he was a handyman he should have stuck with his trade
instead of running amuck with that ridiculous salvation scam.
True, we may have had something practical from his trade.

https://studygrowknowblog.com/2016/02/29/is-jesus-our-heavenly-handyman/
2018-04-08 01:25:25 UTC
Post by John Locke
On Sat, 7 Apr 2018 12:12:32 -0700 (PDT), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
I mean, did he own tools and knew how to use them? Maybe they were rusted.
https://www.zazzle.com/z/omhoj?rf=238111090634717809
We may never know what kind of handyman he was.
...well, if he was a handyman he should have stuck with his trade
instead of running amuck with that ridiculous salvation scam.
True, we may have had something practical from his trade.
https://studygrowknowblog.com/2016/02/29/is-jesus-our-heavenly-handyman/
Wait a minute, Jesus was NOT a good handyman. He didn't fix the world.

Maybe he was a magician.
Street
He was a carpenter.
Who would covert a tree into a chair?
Street
2018-04-08 03:04:26 UTC
Post by Street
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
I mean, did he own tools and knew how to use them? Maybe they were rusted.
https://www.zazzle.com/z/omhoj?rf=238111090634717809
We may never know what kind of handyman he was.
He was a carpenter.
Who would covert a tree into a chair?
Sure, however they used to do it back in those days. And he must have been
competent at it because he was able to take over three years off to preach.
He would have been on disability nowadays.
Gospel TT
Jesus was a Capricorn.
%
no
Capricorn or unicorn?
Gospel TT
Your a caprirumdum lol
2018-04-08 15:11:42 UTC
Post by Gospel TT
Post by Gospel TT
Jesus was a Capricorn.
no
Your a caprirumdum lol
This lady is not a Virgo

https://www.zazzle.com/z/om8k0?rf=238111090634717809
Gospel TT
Oh lol.
%
2018-04-08 18:31:49 UTC
Post by Gospel TT
Post by Gospel TT
"Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher" >
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
"Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher" >
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
I mean, did he own tools and knew how to use them? Maybe
they
Post by Gospel TT
were rusted.
Post by Street
He was a carpenter.
Who would covert a tree into a chair?
Sure, however they used to do it back in those days. And
he must
Post by Gospel TT
have been
Post by Gospel TT
competent at it because he was able to take over three years
off
Post by Gospel TT
to preach.
Post by Gospel TT
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
He would have been on disability nowadays.
Jesus was a Capricorn.
no
Your a caprirumdum lol
why do you have to label me ,
why do i have to be something
Kevrob
2018-04-08 18:38:30 UTC
why do you have to label me ,
why do i have to be something
You are a fraction. You have to have a denominator.

Kevin R
Gospel TT
2018-04-08 19:59:13 UTC
Post by Gospel TT
Post by Gospel TT
"Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher" >
On Saturday, April 7, 2018 at 10:20:18 PM UTC-4, Sam
"Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher" >
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
I mean, did he own tools and knew how to use them?
Maybe
Post by %
Post by Street
they
Post by %
Post by Street
Post by Street
He was a carpenter.
Who would covert a tree into a chair?
Sure, however they used to do it back in those days. And
he must
Post by Gospel TT
have been
Post by Gospel TT
competent at it because he was able to take over three
years
Post by %
Post by Street
off
Post by Gospel TT
to preach.
Sorry.
default
2018-04-09 13:58:55 UTC
Post by Street
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
I mean, did he own tools and knew how to use them? Maybe they were rusted.
https://www.zazzle.com/z/omhoj?rf=238111090634717809
We may never know what kind of handyman he was.
He was a carpenter.
Who would covert a tree into a chair?
Sure, however they used to do it back in those days. And he must have been
competent at it because he was able to take over three years off to preach.
The Christians always seem to paint him as a kid in a workshop with
primitive tools, but maybe he was building houses... they didn't have
Mexicans for that back then.

And if he was a carpenter, he'd probably have to be an all-round
craftsman and fashion his own tools.
Alex W.
2018-04-10 00:05:42 UTC
Post by Street
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
I mean, did he own tools and knew how to use them? Maybe they were rusted.
https://www.zazzle.com/z/omhoj?rf=238111090634717809
We may never know what kind of handyman he was.
He was a carpenter.
Who would covert a tree into a chair?
Sure, however they used to do it back in those days. And he must have been
competent at it because he was able to take over three years off to preach.
The Christians always seem to paint him as a kid in a workshop with
primitive tools, but maybe he was building houses... they didn't have
Mexicans for that back then.
And if he was a carpenter, he'd probably have to be an all-round
craftsman and fashion his own tools.
The Greek term used in the Bible was "teknon", which is a general term
referring to any sort of craftsman, specifically in the construction
trade. So he could have been a carpenter, or a mason. Or just a
"Mexican" carrying bricks to where they were needed.

I am not sure he could have made his own tools, since that would have
required good practical knowledge of working iron and access to a
smithy. IMO, it is even likely that most craftsmen in those days might
not have owned their own tools since these would have been quite
expensive to acquire.
default
2018-04-10 10:45:56 UTC
Post by Alex W.
Post by Street
[...]
I agree.

Planes, chisels, hammers, mallets, etc. don't have to contain a lot of
metal to work, so a carpenter may have required the services of
specialists but just for the edges on edged tools, and some parts that
would wear quickly.

There is a antique shop (large warehouse) that I visit and they have
some of the old tools used in this country 100's of years ago. You
probably wouldn't believe the number and types of planes that replaced
routers, shapers, and the power planing tools we use today, there is a
large room devoted to planes alone, and except for a bit of steel in
the cutter they are made of wood.

They even had a lathe that only had two pieces of metal that I could
see, the "drive spur," and a forged ring for the drive bearing, the
tail stock was all wood as was the treadle, and spring, the rope
(drive) appeared to be made from flax. (they wanted museum prices for
it too, where something like a plane could be had for a few dollars)

I don't know how it was done that far back or how sophisticated their
tools were, but it is probably safe to say they used a lot of wood.
Alex W.
2018-04-12 00:50:21 UTC
Post by default
Post by Alex W.
Post by Street
[...]
I know a little bit about this because for a while, I used to source and
buy old tools at antique fairs in England for friends abroad who are in
the trades -- carpenters, furniture restorers etc. These tools were all
made by very specialised craftsmen and cost a pretty penny back in the
day, even something as common as a normal ruler. And tools like routers
or planes were made from steel which needed constant attention and
sharpening.

And of course back in the 19th century, the steel bits would have come
from a factory rather than the workshop of an individual smith forging
each and every implement by hand. Screws, bolts and nuts to quickly and
cheaply fix wooden parts together and hold steel bits in place did not
exist before around 1400 AD (*), meaning that tools had to be shaped by
hand and then glued or pegged together.

(*) Romans did use screws in furniture, but those were handmade from
silver or bronze, with the thread on each screw made from wire threaded
on to the screw and hand-soldered. Nuts were unknown.
%
so it was us that didn't exist
Smiler
2018-04-12 02:30:24 UTC
Post by Alex W.
Post by default
Post by Alex W.
Post by John Smith
[...]
I'm sure that the Romans had their share of nuts, too.
They mainly solved that problem by crucifixion.
--
Smiler, The godless one. a.a.# 2279
All gods are tailored to order. They're made

2018-04-08 15:16:04 UTC
On Sat, 7 Apr 2018 12:12:32 -0700 (PDT), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
I mean, did he own tools and knew how to use them? Maybe they were rusted.
https://www.zazzle.com/z/omhoj?rf=238111090634717809
We may never know what kind of handyman he was.
We already do. He was a carpenter.

The Purpose of the NT Word of God is not to inform as it did in
the OT,but instead to form us in the very image of Jesus Christ.
C'mon, U just made it up. That's nowhere in the bible. U don't have anything more romantic, such as a handyman?
b***@m.nu
Cmon now jesus was not even a good fairy tale.
Gospel TT
Jesus say's ye must be borned again.
2018-04-08 17:17:55 UTC
Post by duke
On Sat, 7 Apr 2018 12:12:32 -0700 (PDT), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
I mean, did he own tools and knew how to use them? Maybe they were rusted.
https://www.zazzle.com/z/omhoj?rf=238111090634717809
We may never know what kind of handyman he was.
We already do. He was a carpenter.
C'mon, U just made it up. That's nowhere in the bible. U don't have anything more romantic, such as a handyman?
Cmon now jesus was not even a good fairy tale.
No, he wasn't. There's no lovers or happy ending.

I feel like rewriting his story all over again.
b***@m.nu
2018-04-08 17:51:52 UTC
Post by duke
On Sat, 7 Apr 2018 12:12:32 -0700 (PDT), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
I mean, did he own tools and knew how to use them? Maybe they were rusted.
https://www.zazzle.com/z/omhoj?rf=238111090634717809
We may never know what kind of handyman he was.
We already do. He was a carpenter.
C'mon, U just made it up. That's nowhere in the bible. U don't have anything more romantic, such as a handyman?
Cmon now jesus was not even a good fairy tale.
No, he wasn't. There's no lovers or happy ending.
I feel like rewriting his story all over again.
Well considering that chapter one would have involved rape and then
conception of a bastard child it would have possibly made a good late
night cable show or something. But then there was all the harry potter
antics so I don't think it would have done very well. But the ending
may have done well considering you get torture and murder and
death....
2018-04-08 21:01:28 UTC
Post by b***@m.nu
Cmon now jesus was not even a good fairy tale.
No, he wasn't. There's no lovers or happy ending.
I feel like rewriting his story all over again.
Well considering that chapter one would have involved rape and then
conception of a bastard child it would have possibly made a good late
night cable show or something. But then there was all the harry potter
antics so I don't think it would have done very well. But the ending
may have done well considering you get torture and murder and
death....
No, no, I want to tell the story of Mary having a secret affair with a Roman centurion and Joseph raising his child. Jesus was half Roman!

That accounts for Jesus' "missing years" where he tried to become a Roman soldiers but kept telling he was the son of god and was discharged.

Mind U, Jesus knew of the affair and could never forgive his mother for telling him he was the son of god.
b***@m.nu
2018-04-08 21:47:14 UTC
Post by b***@m.nu
[...]
whoa.....

Now you are really pushing the limits of what the story can go to. I
mean you should just go all the way, mary was in fact a prostitute and
joseph was a john that was one of her regulars and after the supposed
rape by the roman soldier it was claimed to be a god and joseph was
coerced into raising it.

But after they were involved with the 1st century jerry springer
there was a falling out with joseph which is why he is mentioned so
little. The roman soldier was ousted and then all hell brakes loose 7
years later when jupiter is bright in the sky, which would signify
nothing at all.
John Locke
2018-04-08 22:03:57 UTC
Post by duke
On Sat, 7 Apr 2018 12:12:32 -0700 (PDT), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
I mean, did he own tools and knew how to use them? Maybe they were rusted.
https://www.zazzle.com/z/omhoj?rf=238111090634717809
We may never know what kind of handyman he was.
We already do. He was a carpenter.
C'mon, U just made it up. That's nowhere in the bible. U don't have anything more romantic, such as a handyman?
Cmon now jesus was not even a good fairy tale.
...yep, pretty lousy and conflicting. Something a 5 year old would
write. The whole blasted thing needs a rewrite..with a real
sacrifice..that means no recycling back up to paradise.
duke
2018-04-09 21:59:43 UTC
On Sun, 8 Apr 2018 09:26:30 -0700 (PDT), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble
Post by duke
On Sat, 7 Apr 2018 12:12:32 -0700 (PDT), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
I mean, did he own tools and knew how to use them? Maybe they were rusted.
https://www.zazzle.com/z/omhoj?rf=238111090634717809
We may never know what kind of handyman he was.
We already do. He was a carpenter.
C'mon, U just made it up. That's nowhere in the bible. U don't have anything more romantic, such as a handyman?
Of course it's in the bible.

*****
D***@teikyopost.edu
2018-04-09 01:48:45 UTC
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
I mean, did he own tools and knew how to use them?
"Tekton" is the word in the Septuagint that describes the profession
of Jesus and Joseph. A message on another NG stated that "Tekton"
could mean any kind of skilled craftsman.

Several years ago, I saw a documentary that may have been based on
the book

https://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Forgotten-City-Light-Sepphoris/dp/0967849101/

A commentator stated that "carpenter" is not an accurate translation,
and that "stone worker" may be a better translation. According to this
documentary, Jesus and Joseph may well have participated in the
rebuilding of Sepphoris, which is only few miles from Nazareth, under
Herod Antipas. If this were the case, this cosmopolitan city could
have had a profound impact on Jesus.
b***@m.nu
2018-04-09 13:25:20 UTC
Post by D***@teikyopost.edu
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
I mean, did he own tools and knew how to use them?
"Tekton" is the word in the Septuagint that describes the profession
of Jesus and Joseph. A message on another NG stated that "Tekton"
could mean any kind of skilled craftsman.
You are referring to the fairy's that were jesus and joseph right?
because I am pretty sure there were countless other jesus and joseph
at that time.
Post by D***@teikyopost.edu
Several years ago, I saw a documentary that may have been based on
the book
https://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Forgotten-City-Light-Sepphoris/dp/0967849101/
A commentator stated that "carpenter" is not an accurate translation,
and that "stone worker" may be a better translation. According to this
documentary, Jesus and Joseph may well have participated in the
rebuilding of Sepphoris, which is only few miles from Nazareth, under
Herod Antipas. If this were the case, this cosmopolitan city could
have had a profound impact on Jesus.
Because Jesus christ Never actually existed so therefore saying that
it was this or that is purely conjecture.
And all this conjecture could have been avoided if Jesus came in modern times. He was launched at the wrong time and the wrong place.
D***@teikyopost.edu
2018-04-09 22:26:16 UTC
Post by b***@m.nu
Post by D***@teikyopost.edu
A commentator stated that "carpenter" is not an accurate translation,
and that "stone worker" may be a better translation. According to this
documentary, Jesus and Joseph may well have participated in the
rebuilding of Sepphoris, which is only few miles from Nazareth, under
Herod Antipas. If this were the case, this cosmopolitan city could
have had a profound impact on Jesus.
Because Jesus christ Never actually existed so therefore saying that
it was this or that is purely conjecture.
And all this conjecture could have been avoided if Jesus came in
modern times. He was launched at the wrong time and the wrong place.
The way I see it, the "Jesus movement" had great timing, and started
at an ideal location--the Roman Empire.
D***@teikyopost.edu
2018-04-09 22:14:23 UTC
Post by D***@teikyopost.edu
Several years ago, I saw a documentary that may have been based on
the book
https://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Forgotten-City-Light-Sepphoris/dp/0967849101/
A commentator stated that "carpenter" is not an accurate translation,
and that "stone worker" may be a better translation. According to this
documentary, Jesus and Joseph may well have participated in the
rebuilding of Sepphoris, which is only few miles from Nazareth, under
Herod Antipas. If this were the case, this cosmopolitan city could
have had a profound impact on Jesus.
Because Jesus christ Never actually existed so therefore saying that
it was this or that is purely conjecture.
I found it to be was an interesting conjecture. I was also fascinated
to learn about Sepphoris, about which I knew nothing.
default
2018-04-09 13:55:02 UTC
On Sat, 7 Apr 2018 12:12:32 -0700 (PDT), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
I mean, did he own tools and knew how to use them? Maybe they were rusted.
https://www.zazzle.com/z/omhoj?rf=238111090634717809
We may never know what kind of handyman he was.
When would he find the time? All that preachin, waking the dead,
turning water to wine, walking on water, fastin and shit, that should
even keep the son of god busy.

Maybe that's why/how he became a preacher. A lot of evangelists get
their start that way.. failure at everything they try their hand at;
god is easy money, no real skill, no investment, no capital
expenditure, one just needs to bullshit others. Who is there to call
your bluff? God?

I wonder what his crib was like. What was the equivalent of a private
jet back then? Camel train?
Kevrob
2018-04-09 15:11:30 UTC
On Sat, 7 Apr 2018 12:12:32 -0700 (PDT), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
I mean, did he own tools and knew how to use them? Maybe they were rusted.
https://www.zazzle.com/z/omhoj?rf=238111090634717809
We may never know what kind of handyman he was.
When would he find the time? All that preachin, waking the dead,
turning water to wine, walking on water, fastin and shit, that should
even keep the son of god busy.
Maybe that's why/how he became a preacher. A lot of evangelists get
their start that way.. failure at everything they try their hand at;
god is easy money, no real skill, no investment, no capital
expenditure, one just needs to bullshit others. Who is there to call
your bluff? God?
I wonder what his crib was like. What was the equivalent of a private
jet back then? Camel train?
The gospels have Josh as a "couch surfer." He stopped at his mother's
from time to time, but he was trooping around Galilee with his crew,
going fishing, attending stonings (a mason would have come in handy
at the stonings, but he supposedly didn't participate,) going to
weddings, staying with buddies like Lazarus and his sisters, one of
whom was a good cook and housekeeper. Wouldn't a nice, normal Jewish
boy snap up a girl like that? Bit of a yenta, maybe? She'd have
probably be on him to get a paying gig. But who needs a job when
you can arrange fish fries on the lakeshore at will, even when your
buds tell you they aren't biting? This was well before bass boats
came equipped with sonar or radar electronic fish finders, so he
was a handy passenger to take on a fishing run. Toss in the control
of the weather, and you'd make sure he had all the wine and figs
he wanted. Fishermen are notoriously superstitious, anyway, so if
they had a good trip with him once, take him again!

Fishermen also love to tell tall stories....

The missing three decades of his life?
2018-04-11 13:12:09 UTC
On Sat, 7 Apr 2018 12:12:32 -0700 (PDT), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
I mean, did he own tools and knew how to use them? Maybe they were rusted.
https://www.zazzle.com/z/omhoj?rf=238111090634717809
We may never know what kind of handyman he was.
When would he find the time? All that preachin, waking the dead,
turning water to wine, walking on water, fastin and shit, that should
even keep the son of god busy.
The missing three decades of his life?
Being a humanoid he didn't need to sleep, so he kept going 24/7.

Who says he didn't use magic to do carpentry? No tools needed.
Malcolm McMahon
2018-04-11 13:31:27 UTC
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
On Sat, 7 Apr 2018 12:12:32 -0700 (PDT), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
I mean, did he own tools and knew how to use them? Maybe they were rusted.
https://www.zazzle.com/z/omhoj?rf=238111090634717809
We may never know what kind of handyman he was.
When would he find the time? All that preachin, waking the dead,
turning water to wine, walking on water, fastin and shit, that should
even keep the son of god busy.
The missing three decades of his life?
Being a humanoid he didn't need to sleep, so he kept going 24/7.
Who says he didn't use magic to do carpentry? No tools needed.
We only know his dad (or maybe step-dad?) was said to be a carpenter.

We only presume he started out in one family business, and then switched dads.