Throwing doubt on answers to prayer
Add Reply
Amazing Answers
2018-04-07 19:28:14 UTC
What do you expect to see? When there are answers to small prayers and there are no acknowledgements and no spirit of thankfulness, does one expect to see greater miracles? I think not. Faith is built over time according to the determination of the individual that seeks it. As confirmation upon confirmation situates in the individual, God permits larger and larger miracles. The atheist may be almost completely insulated while great things are happening all around him.
Mitchell Holman
2018-04-07 20:59:53 UTC
Post by Amazing Answers
What do you expect to see?
April 2004: Pope John Paul II falls ill
with a kidney infection. Billions of Christians
all over the world pray for his recovery. He
dies the next week.

Now, if a billion identical prayers are
ignored what is the chance of your single
lonely prayer getting answered?
Amazing Answers
So if you're a Pope, you can defy death?
Mitchell Holman
Prayers don't get answered. Fact.
Greywolf
2018-04-08 02:29:52 UTC
Post by Amazing Answers
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Amazing Answers
What do you expect to see?
April 2004: Pope John Paul II falls ill
with a kidney infection. Billions of Christians
all over the world pray for his recovery. He
dies the next week.
Now, if a billion identical prayers are
ignored what is the chance of your single
lonely prayer getting answered?
So if you're a Pope, you can defy death?
________

Hey, Turd-Head, Mitchell simply pointed to all the prayers of the faithful that obviously were completely ignored by your make-believe God. Not whether or not a Pope can die. What the faithful wanted to witness was a "miracle" healing, not that the Pope turn immortal.

Weren't faithful enough, were they? Think you are? Well prove it. Pray that Donald Trump doesn't tell another lie, not one, during the rest of his Presidency.

Surely someone as faithful as yourself could accomplish so simple a task with prayer. Or is it that you're not faithful enough for God to hear your prayers?

If the press catch him in one more lie, will you admit your prayers were completely ineffectual?
Kevrob
2018-04-07 21:10:00 UTC
Post by Amazing Answers
What do you expect to see?
April 2004: Pope John Paul II falls ill
with a kidney infection. Billions of Christians
all over the world pray for his recovery. He
dies the next week.
Now, if a billion identical prayers are
ignored what is the chance of your single
lonely prayer getting answered?
Oh, but that's "ghod wants his saint with him in heaven."
Why he couldn't be taken painlessly in his sleep before he got
an infected kidney, well, you tell me.

2018-04-07 21:36:49 UTC
[...]
You pretend that prayers cannot be tested, but they can easily
be tested, and they have been tested repeatedly -- AND THEY FAIL
EVERY TIME THEY ARE TESTED.
StanFast
2018-04-08 02:33:36 UTC
Dave: the old adage, be careful what you pray for, careful.
Now if there have been many prayers, by the numbers, some of them certainly had to be answered ...
Yap Honghor
2018-04-08 08:51:18 UTC
You have been praying every day for decades, but not a single day has your issue been answered. Quit your lying here....
StanFast
2018-04-08 13:42:07 UTC
I must confess I have not been praying much over the years and you probably know that do you are being consistent in not being truthful.
People should know at this point to never take you at your word.
Yap Honghor
2018-04-08 23:52:38 UTC
You are a fake believer....
Smiler
2018-04-08 21:20:37 UTC
Post by StanFast
Dave: the old adage, be careful what you pray for, careful.
Now if there have been many prayers, by the numbers, some of them
certainly had to be answered ...
No more than would have been 'answered' by chance.
--
Smiler, The godless one. a.a.# 2279
All gods are tailored to order. They're made

2018-04-08 21:23:35 UTC
Post by StanFast
Dave: the old adage, be careful what you pray for, careful.
Now if there have been many prayers, by the numbers, some of them
certainly had to be answered ...
No more than would have been 'answered' by chance.
The line of bull they handed us when we were kids
was "`No' is an answer, too."

It's that ol' catch-22.

Kevin R
StanFast
2018-04-09 00:49:50 UTC
Smiler:
Thanks for admitting prayers have been answered. Next.
Gospel TT
2018-04-09 01:29:57 UTC
At are church we do scientific experiments that prove prayer work's.
Yap Honghor
2018-04-08 08:49:05 UTC
Post by Amazing Answers
What do you expect to see? When there are answers to small prayers and there are no acknowledgements and no spirit of thankfulness, does one expect to see greater miracles? I think not. Faith is built over time according to the determination of the individual that seeks it. As confirmation upon confirmation situates in the individual, God permits larger and larger miracles. The atheist may be almost completely insulated while great things are happening all around him.
What small prayer?
You pray to have your car keys recovered when there are many amputees in this world?
Or the blinds or the hunger????

What sort of donkey does not know the correct issue?????