'Consensual' Under-Age Sex, says Hannity About Roy Moore's Dating
b***@gmail.com
2017-11-11 14:13:12 UTC
Media Matters for America printed this Hannity Nov 9, 2017 show’s transcript:

HANNITY: How do you possibly tell, know the truth, except —
okay, so, the two other girls were older in this
case. He was apparently, like, 32, and he dated —
one girl was 18, one girl was 17, they never said
he did — there was no sexual — there was kissing
involved, and then they’re saying this one encounter
with a 14 year old —
MCLAUGHLIN: And it was consensual —
HANNITY: And consensual, that’s true. And there’s, you know —
I just — I don’t know how you find out the truth.
TheRealMccoy
2017-11-11 14:17:43 UTC
My future bride is of age.
Since I have become aware of her, I have not been we with anyone else.
I will have fidelity in that arrangement.
Your recent age laws do not factor in.
I am not a teenager anymore
TheRealMccoy
2017-11-11 14:21:52 UTC
I did not check ids at every party or camp out I went to. I doubt anyone was underage, heck we were all teenagers, I don't have any kids
TheRealMccoy
2017-11-11 14:27:13 UTC
Iirc, I wasn't even doing that, everyone else was, may explain why I don't have any kids
Mitchell Holman
2017-11-11 14:20:31 UTC
Media Matters for America printed this Hannity Nov 9, 2017 show’s
HANNITY: How do you possibly tell, know the truth, except —
okay, so, the two other girls were older in this
case. He was apparently, like, 32, and he dated —
one girl was 18, one girl was 17, they never said
he did — there was no sexual — there was kissing
involved, and then they’re saying this one encounter
with a 14 year old —
MCLAUGHLIN: And it was consensual —
HANNITY: And consensual, that’s true. And there’s, you know —
I just — I don’t know how you find out the truth.
There is no such thing as "consentual" sex with a
14 year old in most states. That is why they call it
statutory rape.

https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/statutory-rape-the-age-of-
consent.html
b***@gmail.com
2017-11-11 14:24:22 UTC
Roy Moore when asked if he's dated under-aged girls:
“Not generally, no”.

Roy Moore: "I never dated “any girl without the permission
of her mother”
------------------------------
Alabama GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore Interview on The Sean Hannity (Friday, November 10, 2017) Radio Program
Jeanne Douglas
2017-11-12 06:55:45 UTC
=E2=80=9CNot generally, no=E2=80=9D.
Roy Moore: "I never dated =E2=80=9Cany girl without the permission=20
of her mother=E2=80=9D
------------------------------
Alabama GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore Interview on The Sean Hannity (Frida=
y, November 10, 2017) Radio Program
"Roy Moore's alleged pursuit of a young girl is the symptom of a larger problem in evangelical circles"

<

or

<

"We need to talk about the segment of American culture that probably doesn?t think the allegations against Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore are particularly damning, the segment that will blanch at only two accusations in the Washington Post expose: He pursued a 14-year-old-girl without first getting her parents? permission, and he initiated sexual contact outside of marriage. That segment is evangelicalism. In that world, which Moore travels in and I grew up in, 14-year-old girls courting adult men isn?t uncommon."

"One popular courtship story that was told and retold in home-school circles during the 1990s was that of Matthew and Maranatha Chapman, who turned their history into a successful career promoting young marriage. Most audiences, however, didn?t realize just how young the Chapmans had in mind until the site Homeschoolers Anonymous and the blogger Libby Anne revealed that Matthew was 27 and Maranatha was 15 when they married. Libby Anne also drew mainstream attention to Matthew Chapman?s writings, in which he argued that parents should consider marriage for their daughters in their ?middle-teens.? At that point the Chapmans stopped receiving quite so many speaking invitations."

"As a teenager, I attended a lecture on courtship by a home-school speaker who was popular at the time. He praised the idea of ?early courtship? so the girl could be molded into the best possible helpmeet for her future husband. The girl?s father was expected to direct her education after the courtship began so she could help her future husband in his work.

"In retrospect, I understand what the speaker was really describing: Adult men selecting and grooming girls who were too young to have life experience. Another word for that is ?predation.?"

"The evangelical world is overdue for a reckoning. Women raised in evangelicalism and fundamentalism have for years discussed the normalization of child sexual abuse. We?ve told our stories on social media and on our blogsand various online platforms, but until the Roy Moore story broke, mainstream American society barely paid attention. Everyone assumed this was an isolated, fringe issue. It isn?t."