ATHEISTS HAVE A HARD TIME WITH
2018-04-02 19:34:15 UTC
.

staying on topic when the talk is proof of atheism
v***@gmail.com
2018-04-02 18:36:43 UTC
.
staying on topic when the talk is proof of atheism
They also can't read or do research.
Tim
2018-04-02 20:45:57 UTC
.
Says the liar who can't count to thirty.
Amazing Answers
2018-04-02 21:04:07 UTC
.
He can count to thirty. You can't count to a billion.
Yap Honghor
I bet a donkey like you cannot count beyond 1....which is 29 levels below Mad Joe.
v***@gmail.com
2018-04-02 21:07:10 UTC
.
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12, 13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30.
Gospel TT

Okay but you can't count to 31 lol.
Yap Honghor
Wow, you are now 65 and only learn to count to 30???????
default
2018-04-02 21:12:51 UTC
.
staying on topic when the talk is proof of atheism
They also can't read or do research.
Proof of atheism? That's a tough one. Research? Huh?

Proof that imaginary beings are imaginary. Safer to say that it is
self-evident, since no one has ever been able to produce a god.
%
or an atheist
Greywolf
2018-04-03 00:46:53 UTC
Post by default
.
staying on topic when the talk is proof of atheism
They also can't read or do research.
Proof of atheism? That's a tough one. Research? Huh?
Proof that imaginary beings are imaginary. Safer to say that it is
self-evident, since no one has ever been able to produce a god.
or an atheist
________

Prove you're not an atheist. If you can't, it means you're a damn liar. Right?

And, by the by, what would suffice as *proof* I'm an atheist?

You've never provided we atheists what you would deem sufficient proof of our atheism. How about the fact we're non-theists?
%
see what i mean you ask about atheism you get everything but
Greywolf
2018-04-03 01:22:51 UTC
Post by Greywolf
Post by %
Post by default
.
staying on topic when the talk is proof of atheism
They also can't read or do research.
Proof of atheism? That's a tough one. Research? Huh?
Proof that imaginary beings are imaginary. Safer to say that it is
self-evident, since no one has ever been able to produce a god.
or an atheist
________
Prove you're not an atheist. If you can't, it means you're a damn liar. Right?
And, by the by, what would suffice as *proof* I'm an atheist?
You've never provided we atheists what you would deem sufficient proof of our atheism. How about the fact we're non-theists?
see what i mean you ask about atheism you get everything but
__________

What are you talking about, Cowboy? I asked you what would be sufficient proof to you that I'm an atheist.

How is that become "everything but" atheism?

What in the way of proof that I'm an atheist do you want?

And while you're mulling that one around, prove you're not an atheist.

See, all atheism related.
Kevrob
2018-04-03 01:30:38 UTC
Post by Greywolf
Post by %
Post by Greywolf
Post by %
Post by default
.
[...]
He should prove he's not a troll.

His particular hobbyhorse has been answered.
He's stuck on "stupid."

2018-04-03 02:00:44 UTC
Post by Greywolf
Post by %
Post by Greywolf
Post by %
Post by default
.
[...]
Kevin R
two replies , nether one on topic ,
see what i mean you ask about atheism ,
you get everything but , let me tell you guys ,
there is no name no racist comment no derogatory comment ,
that you can make that will impact me so don't bother
v***@gmail.com
Shit. You'd call your Mother a troll if it served your purpose.
Kevrob
2018-04-03 02:32:26 UTC
Shit. You'd call your Mother a troll if it served your purpose.
She never went on USENET in her life, so, no.

You get so annoyed when people accurately label you a troll.
Why not clean up your act? Go find a forum to chat about jazz,
or 21st century Jewish life, or where you can practice your Russian.

Why pick fights here?

2018-04-03 02:37:57 UTC
Shit. You'd call your Mother a troll if it served your purpose.
She never went on USENET in her life, so, no.
You get so annoyed when people accurately label you a troll.
Why not clean up your act? Go find a forum to chat about jazz,
or 21st century Jewish life, or where you can practice your Russian.
Why pick fights here?
Kevin R
because this is where you are and ,
you're a sucker for all the fight lines
v***@gmail.com
I think I will write a children's book about Kevrob's posts to AA. I'll call it "Kevrob's Fairy Tales."
Cloud Hobbit
2018-04-03 18:00:23 UTC
I think I will write a children's book about Kevrob's posts to AA. I'll call it "Kevrob's Fairy Tales."
__________________

I can see it now, 29 pages with color pictures.
%
2018-04-03 18:18:08 UTC
racist
Kevrob
2018-04-03 19:21:09 UTC
I think I will write a children's book about Kevrob's posts to AA. I'll call it "Kevrob's Fairy Tales."
__________________
I can see it now, 29 pages with color pictures.
racist
There's a non-sequitur.

I think that "Unca Kevrob's Cautionary Tales for
Modern Children" would be a wonderful volume of
wisdom and fun. Let's get Charles Vess to illustrate.

"Arthur and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Life"
could be the first story.

2018-04-03 19:52:19 UTC
Post by %
racist
There's a non-sequitur.

I think that "Unca Kevrob's Cautionary Tales for
Modern Children" would be a wonderful volume of
wisdom and fun. Let's get Charles Vess to illustrate.

"Arthur and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Life"
could be the first story.

Kevin R
____________

Just so long as he doesn't write a cookbook.

Ewww.
%
talk about irrelevant
Yap Honghor
2018-04-03 08:51:18 UTC
Shit. You'd call your Mother a troll if it served your purpose.
She never went on USENET in her life, so, no.
Even if she went to USENET, she was not a troll.
Post by Kevrob
You get so annoyed when people accurately label you a troll.
Why not clean up your act? Go find a forum to chat about jazz,
or 21st century Jewish life, or where you can practice your Russian.
He has lost his life and no woman wants him. Luckily music allows him to survive or else he may have committed suicide. But if he loves Russian, he should migrate to Russia.
Post by Kevrob
Why pick fights here?
He loves to fist fight, but I spare him the agony of being a meatball since he is an old man.
2018-04-03 11:02:06 UTC
Shit. You'd call your Mother a troll if it served your purpose.
She never went on USENET in her life, so, no.
That would not matter to you.
Post by Kevrob
You get so annoyed when people accurately label you a troll.
Accurate according to whom?
Post by Kevrob
Why not clean up your act? Go find a forum to chat about jazz,
or 21st century Jewish life, or where you can practice your Russian.
Why pick fights here?
Kevin R
I don't pick fights. I finish them.
I don't practice Russian here and don't need to. I have an instructor online who happens to be a Professor of Linguistics in Finland. He teaches me all the Rooski I need to know.

Judaism is my religion, but not my culture. My Russian grandparents gave me their culture when I was a kid. That's where I got the last name of Tandofsky. Matter of fact, my paternal Grandfather served 12 years in
the Russian army when the Czars were in charge and he volunteered for it.
Greywolf

If she actually were one, she would be just as loathsome as your kind. Now wouldn't she be?
v***@gmail.com
I did not say she is one. She's probably a very fine woman. I said Kevrob would call her one.
hypatiab7
Some mothers are trolls.
%
2018-04-03 01:57:17 UTC
Post by Greywolf
Post by %
Post by Greywolf
Post by %
Post by default
.
[...]
i'm still waiting to get answered before we move on to all you want to
know which is more about me than anything to do with atheism
Greywolf
2018-04-03 09:16:06 UTC
Post by Greywolf
Post by %
Post by Greywolf
Post by %
Post by default
.
[...]

What is your freakin' problem? You want me to prove I'm an atheist and I've asked you what, in the way of proof, would be sufficient for you.

How is the world is that not having anything to do with atheism?

When you give me your answer as to what would constitute proof enough for you, then turn around and prove your not an atheist.

Fair is fair, No?
%
2018-04-03 16:31:30 UTC
Post by Greywolf
Post by %
Post by Greywolf
Post by %
Post by Greywolf
Post by %
Post by default
.
[...]
i never asked you to prove anything to me

i never said i'm not an atheist
Greywolf
2018-04-03 17:17:55 UTC
Post by Greywolf
Post by %
Post by Greywolf
Post by %
Post by Greywolf
Post by %
Post by default
.
[...]
______

Cue the Twilight Zone theme. Okay.

So you've never asked for proof I'm an atheist, eh?

We'll leave that alone for now.

I didn't say you *said* you were an atheist. I want *proof* you're *not* an atheist. Notice the word "proof"?
%
i never said i'm not an atheist and i never asked you to prove anything
aaa
2018-04-03 02:04:12 UTC
Post by Greywolf
Post by %
Post by default
.
staying on topic when the talk is proof of atheism
They also can't read or do research.
Proof of atheism? That's a tough one. Research? Huh?
Proof that imaginary beings are imaginary. Safer to say that it
is self-evident, since no one has ever been able to produce a
god.
or an atheist
________
Prove you're not an atheist. If you can't, it means you're a damn liar. Right?
And, by the by, what would suffice as *proof* I'm an atheist?
You've never provided we atheists what you would deem sufficient
proof of our atheism. How about the fact we're non-theists?
Since atheism is such negative belief, you need to clarify what exactly
you don't believe. You need to demonstrate your knowledge and
understanding of God to show that you have valid reason not to believe
the existence of God.

Can you do that?

We theists don't pretend to know enough about God. How could you as an
atheist?

Greywolf
2018-04-03 09:38:06 UTC
Post by Greywolf
Post by %
Post by default
.
staying on topic when the talk is proof of atheism
They also can't read or do research.
Proof of atheism? That's a tough one. Research? Huh?
Proof that imaginary beings are imaginary. Safer to say that it
is self-evident, since no one has ever been able to produce a
god.
or an atheist
________
Prove you're not an atheist. If you can't, it means you're a damn liar. Right?
And, by the by, what would suffice as *proof* I'm an atheist?
You've never provided we atheists what you would deem sufficient
proof of our atheism. How about the fact we're non-theists?
Since atheism is such negative belief, you need to clarify what exactly
you don't believe.
Hey, idiot! Haven't you figured out by now that atheists have not been presented irrefutable evidence for the existence of "God." We don't believe your God exists at all.

Now if, one day, irrefutable proof of His existence was made as plain as the noonday sun, I, for one, would no longer be an atheist.

But guess what? I certainly wouldn't worship and adore the damn things. You're forgetting that the God Jesus deliberately, and malevolently, created very Evil itself.

Who in their right mind would worship and adore such a monstrously fiendish creature. NOT ME!!!

You need to demonstrate your knowledge and
Post by aaa
understanding of God
Hold on, Cowboy. You're telling us we atheists have to demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of a completely make-believe, non-existent creature.

That would be like me telling you that you need to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of Leprechauns.

But, looked at from another angle, I HAVE, for the sake of my research, put myself in the shoes of a would-be God believer and viewed things within the Christian universe, so to speak.

I HAVE come to understand the Christian Gods. And as you can see by my work, it's actually based on Scripture.

The conclusion: The Christian Religion is as bogus as bogus gets.

to show that you have valid reason not to believe
Post by aaa
the existence of God.
Tell us all why *you don't believe an uncreated Leprechaun created the universe.

What? You think it too silly to take seriously? Well, your claim that a "God" did is JUST as far-fetched. There is as much equal evidence that an uncreated Leprechaun created the universe as there is for your God having done so.

Not one *bit* less.
Post by aaa
Can you do that?
We theists don't pretend to know enough about God.
That's hardly surprising since your God is purely a product of man's fertile imagination. In other words, He's not real. He's non-existent, He's a make-believe creature (well actually *three* creatures). He's a man-made invention.

Need I go on?

How could you as an
Post by aaa
atheist?
God's spiritual evidence: Wait. Oh shoot! There isn't any because He really doesn't exist. He's all imaginary
aaa
2018-04-03 15:53:07 UTC
Post by Greywolf
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
Post by %
On Mon, 2 Apr 2018 11:36:43 -0700 (PDT),
.
[...]
That is a position of ignorance. A position of ignorance does not
justify a belief of ignorance like atheism. Despite what we theists know
about God, you still have no justification for your disbelief.
Post by Greywolf
Now if, one day, irrefutable proof of His existence was made as plain
as the noonday sun, I, for one, would no longer be an atheist.
That is a vain attempt to evade the question. You can't demand the
spiritual God to provide you with the physical evidence of an idol as
your precondition to believe the existence of the spiritual God. This
isn't even logical.
Post by Greywolf
But guess what? I certainly wouldn't worship and adore the damn
things. You're forgetting that the God Jesus deliberately, and
malevolently, created very Evil itself.
This is just your total misunderstanding of the Bible. I have explained
this issue too many times. I don't need to repeat myself.
Post by Greywolf
Who in their right mind would worship and adore such a monstrously
fiendish creature. NOT ME!!!
That's nonsense and you know it. You are very good at speaking a lot of
meaningless babble.
Post by aaa
understanding of God
Hold on, Cowboy. You're telling us we atheists have to demonstrate a
knowledge and understanding of a completely make-believe,
non-existent creature.
Not at all. As atheists, you need to prove that God is indeed what you
believe to be make-believe or non-existent. You have only claimed it.
You have never proved it. To justify your such belief, you need to prove
it now.
Post by Greywolf
That would be like me telling you that you need to demonstrate your
knowledge and understanding of Leprechauns.
I have no problem to demonstrate my knowledge and understanding of
Leprechauns. It's exactly because I know for certain that leprechauns
can't exist, I don't have to believe leprechauns. Can you say the same
thing in the case of God? If you can't, you have failed to justify your
disbelief.
Post by Greywolf
But, looked at from another angle, I HAVE, for the sake of my
research, put myself in the shoes of a would-be God believer and
viewed things within the Christian universe, so to speak.
I HAVE come to understand the Christian Gods. And as you can see by
my work, it's actually based on Scripture.
The conclusion: The Christian Religion is as bogus as bogus gets.
According to our exchanges, I don't think you have understood the least
about Christian faith and the Bible. You have only demonstrated your
complete misunderstanding instead.
Post by aaa
the existence of God.
Tell us all why *you don't believe an uncreated Leprechaun created the universe.
I know what leprechaun is, but you don't know anything about God. My
knowledge of leprechaun justifies my disbelief in the existence of
leprechaun. Your ignorance of God can't justify your disbelief in the
existence of God. See the difference?
Post by Greywolf
What? You think it too silly to take seriously? Well, your claim that
a "God" did is JUST as far-fetched. There is as much equal evidence
that an uncreated Leprechaun created the universe as there is for
your God having done so.
That's just your own imagination. It shows you don't even understand
what exactly I'm asking. Your leprechaun is nothing similar to God. It's
your job to prove that leprechaun is as powerful and truthful as God
himself. You can't begin to imagine such impossible task you have made
for yourself.
Post by Greywolf
Not one *bit* less.
Not one bit related to the issue we are discussing.
Post by Greywolf
Post by aaa
Can you do that?
We theists don't pretend to know enough about God.
That's hardly surprising since your God is purely a product of man's
fertile imagination. In other words, He's not real. He's
non-existent, He's a make-believe creature (well actually *three*
creatures). He's a man-made invention.
That's still just your empty claim. You have no evidence to support such
claim. It's all just your ignorance speaking.
Post by Greywolf
Need I go on?
Why? Only to demonstrate your total ignorance of God even more?
Post by Greywolf
How could you as an

Greywolf
2018-04-03 21:07:24 UTC
Post by Greywolf
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
Post by %
[...]
No! You want an example of ignorant behavior? It's the theist who INSISTS God actually exists--and couldn't prove it true to save their life. That's being an ignorant fool and buffoon.

You could get away with your smack talk if you could back it up. But all you've got is your *belief* and nothing more. And I mean *nothing*!

Post by aaa
about God, you still have no justification for your disbelief.
What in the hell is wrong with your brain?!!! No justification? Where in damn blazes is the justification for proclaiming God exists and can't possibly prove it.

Why can't you all simply say, "I *believe* there's a God" instead of insisting He's real.

Why not just quit flappin' your yappers about those Gods of yours until you can actually provide irrefutable proof you're right? Otherwise, you're just acting like a brainwashed moron.
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
Now if, one day, irrefutable proof of His existence was made as plain
as the noonday sun, I, for one, would no longer be an atheist.
That is a vain attempt to evade the question.
I was only making a statement.

You can't demand the
Post by aaa
spiritual God to provide you with the physical evidence of an idol as
your precondition to believe the existence of the spiritual God. This
isn't even logical.
Oh, put a lid on it! If you expect and atheist to accept your Gods are real, your Gods will have to prove they exist.
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
But guess what? I certainly wouldn't worship and adore the damn
things. You're forgetting that the God Jesus deliberately, and
malevolently, created very Evil itself.
This is just your total misunderstanding of the Bible. I have explained
this issue too many times. I don't need to repeat myself.
You haven't explained ONCE how the God Jesus did not create evil. Not one time. If so, repeat it here and now.

Insisting I've misinterpreted the Bible is no viable "proof" I'm wrong. It's just you refusing to look at the truth squarely in the face.

If I'm wrong, then *you* tell us all where very evil itself originated. Explain how it came into existence with God in complete control of that existence.
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
Who in their right mind would worship and adore such a monstrously
fiendish creature. NOT ME!!!
That's nonsense and you know it. You are very good at speaking a lot of
meaningless babble.
Again, it's you refusing to face up to the truth. Reread John 1:3, Colossians 1:16, and Revelation 4:11 and tell me the God Jesus didn't create everything in existence.
Post by aaa
understanding of God
Hold on, Cowboy. You're telling us we atheists have to demonstrate a
knowledge and understanding of a completely make-believe,
non-existent creature.
Not at all. As atheists, you need to prove that God is indeed what you
believe to be make-believe or non-existent.
You've got it backwards, Frank Sinatra. It's up to *you* to prove your claim that "God" exists, not us. We don't have to prove a negative. And since you insist God exists, I'll just repeat that old adage: "Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." And you, Bub, have absolutely ZERO evidence for the existence of your Gods.

You have only claimed it.
Post by aaa
You have never proved it. To justify your such belief, you need to prove
it now.
Reread the paragraph atop yours.
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
That would be like me telling you that you need to demonstrate your
knowledge and understanding of Leprechauns.
I have no problem to demonstrate my knowledge and understanding of
Leprechauns. It's exactly because I know for certain that leprechauns
can't exist, I don't have to believe leprechauns. Can you say the same
thing in the case of God?
First of all you *can't* say Leprechauns don't exist because its theoretically possible they do. So you can't use the word "can't." It can't be ruled out with complete certainty.

But if I were to claim they DID exist, wouldn't the first words out of your mouth be, "PROVE IT"!

If you can't, you have failed to justify your
Post by aaa
disbelief.
Oh, put a lid on it.
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
But, looked at from another angle, I HAVE, for the sake of my
research, put myself in the shoes of a would-be God believer and
viewed things within the Christian universe, so to speak.
I HAVE come to understand the Christian Gods. And as you can see by
my work, it's actually based on Scripture.
The conclusion: The Christian Religion is as bogus as bogus gets.
According to our exchanges, I don't think you have understood the least
about Christian faith and the Bible. You have only demonstrated your
complete misunderstanding instead.
That's not true. Any objective arbitrator viewing our exchanges and my website posts would immediately label you the loser. That's because I will have presented pages and pages of carefully researched material, whereas you will have presented nothing more than an assortment of assertions you can't possibly back-up.
Post by aaa
the existence of God.
Tell us all why *you don't believe an uncreated Leprechaun created the universe.
I know what leprechaun is, but you don't know anything about God.
Neither do you, since He's completely imaginar.

My
Post by aaa
knowledge of leprechaun justifies my disbelief in the existence of
leprechaun. Your ignorance of God can't justify your disbelief in the
existence of God. See the difference?
No I don't. You say you have a knowledge of Leprechauns. But I have the knowledge of what believers *claim" in regards to their God, and I've proven many of them wrong. And, ironically enough, used Scripture and common sense to do it!
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
What? You think it too silly to take seriously? Well, your claim that
a "God" did is JUST as far-fetched. There is as much equal evidence
that an uncreated Leprechaun created the universe as there is for
your God having done so.
That's just your own imagination. It shows you don't even understand
what exactly I'm asking.
All you're *really* doing is insisting you're right and hell with the facts. Remember, you're the one who boasts that you don't take negative claims seriously. So you have no ground to stand on. None.

Post by aaa
your job to prove that leprechaun is as powerful and truthful as God
himself. You can't begin to imagine such impossible task you have made
for yourself.
You haven't even proven your Gods that your Gods really exist, you idiot. How can you possibly claim an imaginary God is all powerful and "truthful" unless you've proven He actually exists?

Quit with your completely unsubstantiated assertions as though they were fact. They're not. And you couldn't *possibly* prove they are.
Post by Greywolf
Post by aaa
Can you do that?
We theists don't pretend to know enough about God.
That's hardly surprising since your God is purely a product of man's
fertile imagination. In other words, He's not real. He's
non-existent, He's a make-believe creature (well actually *three*
creatures). He's a man-made invention.
That's still just your empty claim. You have no evidence to support such
claim. It's all just your ignorance speaking.
Bulllllllshiiiiiiit! It's proven by the fact that you've got NO evidence to contradict it. None. Zero.

Damn, what a brainwashing you've received!
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
Need I go on?
Why? Only to demonstrate your total ignorance of God even more?
Look, it's painfully obvious that it's pointless "debating" with you. You've already admitted that you won't take any evidence contrary to your religious views seriously.

So, once again, I'm asking why you persist in posting here? You're not going to convert a single atheist in this forum--unless he or she is mentally ill.

You don't belong here. You belong in a Christian forum. You haven't provided a *shred* of researched material refuting me or justifying legitimate reasons for believing in God(s). It hopeless, dude.

If you're only here to annoy the atheist, just come out and say so. Just stop with your nonsensical religious views. They have no place in this forum.
God's spiritual evidence: Why there is none. Because He doesn't exist.
aaa
2018-04-04 03:27:49 UTC
Post by Greywolf
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
Post by %
On Mon, 2 Apr 2018 11:36:43 -0700 (PDT),
On Monday, April 2, 2018 at 11:34:25 AM UTC-7, %
Post by %
.
[...]
We are talking about your atheism. You need to justify your own atheist
belief without piggybacking on the theist belief. No matter how many
mistakes you can find in theism, it doesn't really justify your atheism
in the least.
Post by aaa
about God, you still have no justification for your disbelief.
What in the hell is wrong with your brain?!!! No justification? Where
in damn blazes is the justification for proclaiming God exists and
can't possibly prove it.
Why can't you all simply say, "I *believe* there's a God" instead of insisting He's real.
Why not just quit flappin' your yappers about those Gods of yours
until you can actually provide irrefutable proof you're right?
Otherwise, you're just acting like a brainwashed moron.
You are not saying anything regarding my actual point.
Post by Greywolf
Post by aaa
spiritual God to provide you with the physical evidence of an idol
as your precondition to believe the existence of the spiritual God.
This isn't even logical.
Oh, put a lid on it! If you expect and atheist to accept your Gods
are real, your Gods will have to prove they exist.
Who said anything about that? Are you conceding that you can't justify
your own atheism?
Post by Greywolf
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
But guess what? I certainly wouldn't worship and adore the damn
things. You're forgetting that the God Jesus deliberately, and
malevolently, created very Evil itself.
This is just your total misunderstanding of the Bible. I have
explained this issue too many times. I don't need to repeat
myself.
You haven't explained ONCE how the God Jesus did not create evil. Not
one time. If so, repeat it here and now.
Insisting I've misinterpreted the Bible is no viable "proof" I'm
wrong. It's just you refusing to look at the truth squarely in the
face.
If I'm wrong, then *you* tell us all where very evil itself
originated. Explain how it came into existence with God in complete
control of that existence.
Evil is defined by God, but the cause of all evil is sin. When we follow
God's will, we will be judged to be good. When we sin against God's
will, we will be judged to be evil. All evil in this world only exists
in the sinful human mind. Despite God's complete control, because we
don't know God, we sin and do evil out of our ignorance. This is why and
how there is evil.
Post by Greywolf
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
Who in their right mind would worship and adore such a
monstrously fiendish creature. NOT ME!!!
That's nonsense and you know it. You are very good at speaking a
lot of meaningless babble.
Again, it's you refusing to face up to the truth. Reread John 1:3,
Colossians 1:16, and Revelation 4:11 and tell me the God Jesus didn't
create everything in existence.
All things are created by God, but evil and sin are only the results of
ignorant human mind.
Post by Greywolf
Post by aaa
understanding of God
Hold on, Cowboy. You're telling us we atheists have to
demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of a completely
make-believe, non-existent creature.
Not at all. As atheists, you need to prove that God is indeed what
you believe to be make-believe or non-existent.
You've got it backwards, Frank Sinatra. It's up to *you* to prove
your claim that "God" exists, not us. We don't have to prove a
negative. And since you insist God exists, I'll just repeat that old
adage: "Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." And you,
Bub, have absolutely ZERO evidence for the existence of your Gods.
Since we are talking about atheism, I'm not insisting God's existence.
I'm keeping an open mind for you to justify your own belief. You can't
base your own fundamental belief on the perceived inability of theism.
Otherwise, you have to admit that your atheism is dependent on theism.
Are you willing to admit that?
Post by Greywolf
You have only claimed it.
Post by aaa
You have never proved it. To justify your such belief, you need to
prove it now.
Reread the paragraph atop yours.
I did. That is not sufficient proof of your atheism.
Post by Greywolf
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
That would be like me telling you that you need to demonstrate
your knowledge and understanding of Leprechauns.
I have no problem to demonstrate my knowledge and understanding of
Leprechauns. It's exactly because I know for certain that
leprechauns can't exist, I don't have to believe leprechauns. Can
you say the same thing in the case of God?
First of all you *can't* say Leprechauns don't exist because its
theoretically possible they do. So you can't use the word "can't." It
can't be ruled out with complete certainty.
False. Leprechauns are defined as human imagination. Their non-existence
is apparent. There is no need to prove anything.
Post by Greywolf
But if I were to claim they DID exist, wouldn't the first words out
of your mouth be, "PROVE IT"!
No, I would consider you mentally incapable to separate imagination from
reality.
Post by Greywolf
If you can't, you have failed to justify your
Post by aaa
disbelief.
Oh, put a lid on it.
Until you concede my point.
Post by Greywolf
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
[...]
That's wishful thinking. My simple logic is clear for everyone to
understand. It has proved your inability to justify your atheism.
Post by Greywolf
Post by aaa
the existence of God.
Tell us all why *you don't believe an uncreated Leprechaun
created the universe.
I know what leprechaun is, but you don't know anything about God.
Neither do you, since He's completely imaginar.
You can't be sure about that since you don't really know God.
Post by Greywolf
My
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
What? You think it too silly to take seriously? Well, your claim
that a "God" did is JUST as far-fetched. There is as much equal
evidence that an uncreated Leprechaun created the universe as
there is for your God having done so.
That's just your own imagination. It shows you don't even
understand what exactly I'm asking.
All you're *really* doing is insisting you're right and hell with the
facts.. Remember, you're the one who boasts that you don't take
negative claims seriously. So you have no ground to stand on. None.
You haven't shown there is anything wrong not to take negative claims
seriously.
Post by aaa
your job to prove that leprechaun is as powerful and truthful as
God himself. You can't begin to imagine such impossible task you
have made for yourself.
You haven't even proven your Gods that your Gods really exist, you
idiot. How can you possibly claim an imaginary God is all powerful
and "truthful" unless you've proven He actually exists?
What I can or cannot do is not the issue here. This is about your
atheism. You need to defend your own belief.
Post by Greywolf
Quit with your completely unsubstantiated assertions as though they
were fact. They're not. And you couldn't *possibly* prove they are.
You should quit avoiding my simple questions to show some honesty instead.
Post by Greywolf
Post by Greywolf
Post by aaa
Can you do that?
We theists don't pretend to know enough about God.
That's hardly surprising since your God is purely a product of
man's fertile imagination. In other words, He's not real. He's
non-existent, He's a make-believe creature (well actually
*three* creatures). He's a man-made invention.
That's still just your empty claim. You have no evidence to support
such claim. It's all just your ignorance speaking.
Bulllllllshiiiiiiit! It's proven by the fact that you've got NO
evidence to contradict it. None. Zero.
Damn, what a brainwashing you've received!
That has nothing to do with the issue under discussion. The issue is
whether you can justify your own atheism. You obviously can't.
Post by Greywolf
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
Need I go on?
Why? Only to demonstrate your total ignorance of God even more?
Look, it's painfully obvious that it's pointless "debating" with you.
You've already admitted that you won't take any evidence contrary to
your religious views seriously.
That's a lie. How did you change "negative claim" into "contrary
evidence"? By magical thinking?
Post by Greywolf
So, once again, I'm asking why you persist in posting here? You're
not going to convert a single atheist in this forum--unless he or she
is mentally ill.
You don't belong here. You belong in a Christian forum. You haven't
provided a *shred* of researched material refuting me or justifying
legitimate reasons for believing in God(s). It hopeless, dude.
If you're only here to annoy the atheist, just come out and say so.
Just stop with your nonsensical religious views. They have no place
in this forum.
Well, I'm here to prove your atheism wrong just as I have proved
evolution wrong. What can you do about it?
Post by Greywolf

Greywolf
2018-04-04 05:51:11 UTC
Post by Greywolf
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
Post by aaa
Post by %
.
[...]
No. It's all about you parking your sorry ass in a forum you don't belong in.

It's about you asserting uttering unprovable nonsense and boasting that you don't take negative claims seriously.

You're just a brainwashed nut-job here only to annoy atheists. You have no interest whatsoever in exploring the truth regarding your bogus religion.

You're a sham.

Post by aaa
belief without piggybacking on the theist belief.
Hey, idiot. To refute theist beliefs you have see what is claimed and then counter those claims with proof to the contrary with all the material evidence one can muster. For example, the claims of the Bible.

No matter how many
Post by aaa
mistakes you can find in theism, it doesn't really justify your atheism
in the least.
Oh no? Well, explain how those mistakes would compel me to be a theist.
Post by aaa
about God, you still have no justification for your disbelief.
Again, what is your God's freakin' problem. Why can't He reveal Himself to every human on planet earth?

Think about this: Your God would rather have countless atheists and agnostics suffer *eternal* torment and suffering rather than reveal Himself to the people of earth in some irrefutable way.

Tell me that's not evidence of a monstrously sadistic, fiendishly evil, creature.
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
What in the hell is wrong with your brain?!!! No justification? Where
in damn blazes is the justification for proclaiming God exists and
can't possibly prove it.
Why can't you all simply say, "I *believe* there's a God" instead of
insisting He's real.
Why not just quit flappin' your yappers about those Gods of yours
until you can actually provide irrefutable proof you're right?
Otherwise, you're just acting like a brainwashed moron.
You are not saying anything regarding my actual point.
No atheist is going to accept that your Gods actually exist without irrefutable proof. Just as you would never accept Leprechauns are actually real unless you were provided irrefutable proof they do.

Is it *that* hard for you to understand the logic involved in that?
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
Post by aaa
spiritual God to provide you with the physical evidence of an idol
as your precondition to believe the existence of the spiritual God.
This isn't even logical.
Oh, put a lid on it! If you expect and atheist to accept your Gods
are real, your Gods will have to prove they exist.
Who said anything about that? Are you conceding that you can't justify
your own atheism?
What an utter moron you are. I've a website that utterly demolishes claims made by Christians. It's just that you're going to close your eyes and mind and absolutely refuse to accept ANY contrary evidence in regards to your belief-system simply because you don't want to.

That leaves you with no standing whatsoever.
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
But guess what? I certainly wouldn't worship and adore the damn
things. You're forgetting that the God Jesus deliberately, and
malevolently, created very Evil itself.
This is just your total misunderstanding of the Bible. I have
explained this issue too many times. I don't need to repeat
myself.
You haven't explained ONCE how the God Jesus did not create evil. Not
one time. If so, repeat it here and now.
Insisting I've misinterpreted the Bible is no viable "proof" I'm
wrong. It's just you refusing to look at the truth squarely in the
face.
If I'm wrong, then *you* tell us all where very evil itself
originated. Explain how it came into existence with God in complete
control of that existence.
Evil is defined by God, but the cause of all evil is sin.
HAH! Is that the best you can do?

How in the world can "sin" create evil. It's the other way around. Evil *results* in sin. Yes a God can define sin. But the evil that results in sin would have to be created first.

It's really simple. Evil *does* exist. And scripture says the God Jesus created EVERYTHING that exists. That would include Evil, my man. Sin creates nothing. Evil leads to sin. There can be no other conclusion. Your God Jesus created the evil that leads to sin.

Just remember that I'm speaking as an atheist using Christian teaching to refute it.

When we follow
Post by aaa
God's will, we will be judged to be good.
Hey, haven't you forgotten something? You're God Jesus created very evil itself. That makes Him the most vile "sinner" imaginable.

When we sin against God's
Post by aaa
will, we will be judged to be evil.
'

And why is not the God Jesus deemed to be the very personification of evil? He's the one who thought up the concept of evil, created it, and then malevolently introduced it into existence--KNOWING FULL WELL what catastrophic results would ensue.

Why do you not recognize the truth of that? Oh that's right. It's because you don't want to. You want to cling to lies.

All evil in this world only exists
Post by aaa
in the sinful human mind.
Really? So evil is just imaginary, eh? That must mean that good exists only in the mind; that it isn't real either. But let's say both are true. Why is it then that we don't only experience GOOD. Where did that "EVIL" come from?

Post by aaa
don't know God, we sin and do evil out of our ignorance. This is why and
how there is evil.
To sin, one has to think or do evil. Sin only follows, not precludes Evil.

C'mon, you're talking nonsense here.

Again, if God wanted us to know Him, all He would have to do is plaster His face all over the sky world-wide and tell us all just how real He is. Explain why that's so impossible for Him to do. He's a God, isn't He?
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
Who in their right mind would worship and adore such a
monstrously fiendish creature. NOT ME!!!
That's nonsense and you know it. You are very good at speaking a
lot of meaningless babble.
Again, it's you refusing to face up to the truth. Reread John 1:3,
Colossians 1:16, and Revelation 4:11 and tell me the God Jesus didn't
create everything in existence.
All things are created by God, but evil and sin are only the results of
ignorant human mind.
Since evil exists and the God Jesus created everything that exists, it goes without saying, the God Jesus created it. End of story. There's no way dancing your way out of that one.
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
Post by aaa
understanding of God
Hold on, Cowboy. You're telling us we atheists have to
demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of a completely
make-believe, non-existent creature.
Not at all. As atheists, you need to prove that God is indeed what
you believe to be make-believe or non-existent.
You've got it backwards, Frank Sinatra. It's up to *you* to prove
your claim that "God" exists, not us. We don't have to prove a
negative. And since you insist God exists, I'll just repeat that old
adage: "Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." And you,
Bub, have absolutely ZERO evidence for the existence of your Gods.
Since we are talking about atheism, I'm not insisting God's existence.
I'm keeping an open mind for you to justify your own belief.
Now you're lying. You're already on record claiming "I don't take negative claims seriously." So anything I say or present in the way of contrary material to prove my case, you'll simply reject out of hand. You've already admitted to it.

You can't
Post by aaa
base your own fundamental belief on the perceived inability of theism.
And why not? If you can't provide irrefutable proof your Gods exist, I have *every* reason to disbelieve they do. Just as you would have every right to disbelieve in the existence of Leprechauns without proof they really do exist.
Post by aaa
Otherwise, you have to admit that your atheism is dependent on theism.
Are you willing to admit that?
Post by Greywolf
You have only claimed it.
Post by aaa
You have never proved it. To justify your such belief, you need to
prove it now.
Reread the paragraph atop yours.
I did. That is not sufficient proof of your atheism.
That's you simply being in total denial. I've MORE than supplied enough evidence to foster enough doubt about the Bible and the claims about your Gods for a former Christian to turn atheist. And I have.
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
That would be like me telling you that you need to demonstrate
your knowledge and understanding of Leprechauns.
I have no problem to demonstrate my knowledge and understanding of
Leprechauns. It's exactly because I know for certain that
leprechauns can't exist, I don't have to believe leprechauns. Can
you say the same thing in the case of God?
First of all you *can't* say Leprechauns don't exist because its
theoretically possible they do. So you can't use the word "can't." It
can't be ruled out with complete certainty.
False. Leprechauns are defined as human imagination. Their non-existence
is apparent. There is no need to prove anything.
Oh, Leprechauns are for *sure* the product of man's imagination. And, yes, their non-existence IS apparent. But what you don't seem to grasp is that your Gods are ALSO the product of man's imagination. And they are every *bit* as non-existent as leprechauns. It's just that you've been brainwashed into believing otherwise.

There's no more proof your Gods truly exist than leprechauns do. No more!
It's just you can't face up to that fact. You just can't face reality.
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
But if I were to claim they DID exist, wouldn't the first words out
of your mouth be, "PROVE IT"!
No, I would consider you mentally incapable to separate imagination from
reality.
If this were alt.leprechaunism, you, as sure as hell, would come in here in utter disbelief that a community of human being could possibly believe that leprechauns are actually real.

You'd say its members were nuts. And at some point you would insist those members taunting you *prove* leprechauns are real.

And notice, *they* would be the ones having to serve up the proof because they're the ones claiming, positively, that leprechauns DO exist. Whereas you, relying on that famous piece of logic, would counter with: "I don't have to prove a negative. Since you leprechaunites are insisting leprechauns are real, it's up to *you* to prove they are.

Ah, but what if they told *you*, "Prove they aren't"? Why, you'd be in the same "bind" atheist are in regards to claims of God. No difference.

Once you realize what you're trying to do to deflect criticism of your belief-system, you'll realize you're acting like a "leprechaunite."
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
If you can't, you have failed to justify your
Post by aaa
disbelief.
Oh, put a lid on it.
Until you concede my point.
I've already provided sufficient evidence to account for my evidence. It's just implacable, pig-headed you refusing to face the facts, you leprechaunite.
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
[...]
Oh, I understand you alright. You feel you can make totally unsubstantiated claims, claim they're positive proof, and expect me to accept their validity on your say-so.

It has proved your inability to justify your atheism.

That's just a flat-out lie. Like I said, my evidence versus yours before an objective arbiter would have me come out the victor. You've presented NOTHING in support of your belief-system other than a collection of unsubstantiated assertions. That *hardly* constitutes "proof."
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
Post by aaa
the existence of God.
Tell us all why *you don't believe an uncreated Leprechaun
created the universe.
I know what leprechaun is, but you don't know anything about God.
Neither do you, since He's completely imaginary.
You can't be sure about that since you don't really know God.
Post by Greywolf
My
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
What? You think it too silly to take seriously? Well, your claim
that a "God" did is JUST as far-fetched. There is as much equal
evidence that an uncreated Leprechaun created the universe as
there is for your God having done so.
That's just your own imagination. It shows you don't even
understand what exactly I'm asking.
All you're *really* doing is insisting you're right and hell with the
facts.. Remember, you're the one who boasts that you don't take
negative claims seriously. So you have no ground to stand on. None.
You haven't shown there is anything wrong not to take negative claims
seriously.
And what if those negative claims point to actual truth? Why, you won't even contemplate that those claims may hold the truth.
Post by aaa
your job to prove that leprechaun is as powerful and truthful as
God himself. You can't begin to imagine such impossible task you
have made for yourself.
You haven't even proven your Gods that your Gods really exist, you
idiot. How can you possibly claim an imaginary God is all powerful
and "truthful" unless you've proven He actually exists?
What I can or cannot do is not the issue here. This is about your
atheism. You need to defend your own belief.
That's just you trying to deflect in a losing effort. If you have any kind of rational mind at all, you'll have recognized I've more than adequately made my point.
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
Quit with your completely unsubstantiated assertions as though they
were fact. They're not. And you couldn't *possibly* prove they are.
You should quit avoiding my simple questions to show some honesty instead.
Oh, but I have. It's *you* who is being disingenuous. You're desperately trying to cling to your belief-system.

Well, no one is stopping you. But you need to take your religious mumbo-jumbo and park it in a Christian forum where it belongs.
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
Post by Greywolf
Post by aaa
Can you do that?
We theists don't pretend to know enough about God.
That's hardly surprising since your God is purely a product of
man's fertile imagination. In other words, He's not real. He's
non-existent, He's a make-believe creature (well actually
*three* creatures). He's a man-made invention.
That's still just your empty claim. You have no evidence to support
such claim. It's all just your ignorance speaking.
Bulllllllshiiiiiiit! It's proven by the fact that you've got NO
evidence to contradict it. None. Zero.
Damn, what a brainwashing you've received!
That has nothing to do with the issue under discussion. The issue is
whether you can justify your own atheism. You obviously can't.
A God that deliberately and malevolently creates very evil itself is *more* than enough reason to reject belief in Christianity.
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
Need I go on?
Why? Only to demonstrate your total ignorance of God even more?
Look, it's painfully obvious that it's pointless "debating" with you.
You've already admitted that you won't take any evidence contrary to
your religious views seriously.
That's a lie. How did you change "negative claim" into "contrary
evidence"? By magical thinking?
Heavens to Betsy. Isn't "contrary evidence" the very same thing as "negative claims" in your mind?
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
So, once again, I'm asking why you persist in posting here? You're
not going to convert a single atheist in this forum--unless he or she
is mentally ill.
You don't belong here. You belong in a Christian forum. You haven't
provided a *shred* of researched material refuting me or justifying
legitimate reasons for believing in God(s). It's hopeless, dude.
If you're only here to annoy the atheist, just come out and say so.
Just stop with your nonsensical religious views. They have no place
in this forum.
Well, I'm here to prove your atheism wrong just as I have proved
evolution wrong. What can you do about it?
You're lying. You're here just to annoy atheists. That is readily apparent.

But one thing I don't think you've taken into consideration: There are on-the-fence Christians who wonder why an atheist is an atheist and wonder if they haven't been fed nothing more than a bunch of hooey in Sunday School.

Viewing your interaction with the atheists in this forum may sway them to turn agnostic or atheist because of the shame and embarrassment they may feel as a result of your behavior.

That's about the best we atheists can hope for. Your kind is sick. You really are.
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
2018-04-04 18:55:26 UTC
Post by Greywolf
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
Post by aaa
.
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
Post by aaa
Otherwise, you have to admit that your atheism is dependent on theism.
Are you willing to admit that?
Post by Greywolf
You have only claimed it.
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
Post by aaa
the existence of God.
Tell us all why *you don't believe an uncreated Leprechaun
created the universe.
I know what leprechaun is, but you don't know anything about God.
Neither do you, since He's completely imaginary.
You can't be sure about that since you don't really know God.
Post by Greywolf
My
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
Post by aaa
You're right. I am sick. The VA is treating me for an enlarged prostate.
Malcolm McMahon
2018-04-05 10:25:02 UTC
Since we are talking about atheism, I'm not insisting God's existence.
I'm keeping an open mind for you to justify your own belief. You can't
base your own fundamental belief on the perceived inability of theism.
Otherwise, you have to admit that your atheism is dependent on theism.
Are you willing to admit that?
Well, obviously there would be no atheism without theism, because atheism would simply be what everyone assumed, no "position" necessary.

But the atheist simply rejects the supernatural. It's meaningless to ask the atheist for details of _what_ supernatural he's rejecting. We reject all of it. God is a theory we find no rational need for.

Likewise the atheist accepts that there are many things yet to be explained by science. He's content to say "I don't know (yet)".
Alex W.
2018-04-06 00:08:54 UTC
Since we are talking about atheism, I'm not insisting God's
existence. I'm keeping an open mind for you to justify your own
belief. You can't base your own fundamental belief on the perceived
inability of theism. Otherwise, you have to admit that your atheism
is dependent on theism. Are you willing to admit that?
Well, obviously there would be no atheism without theism, because
atheism would simply be what everyone assumed, no "position"
necessary.
But the atheist simply rejects the supernatural. It's meaningless to
ask the atheist for details of _what_ supernatural he's rejecting. We
reject all of it. God is a theory we find no rational need for.
Likewise the atheist accepts that there are many things yet to be
explained by science. He's content to say "I don't know (yet)".
Permit me a minor quibble.

Would not, strictly speaking, an atheist be someone who rejects the
notion of deities only? As I understand it, atheism is a subset of
rationalism, therefore it should be well within the definition to posit
atheists who reject the idea of gods but still believe in lady luck,
leprechauns and any other supernatural entities that do not qualify as
deities.
Kevrob
2018-04-06 01:47:18 UTC
Post by Alex W.
Permit me a minor quibble.
Would not, strictly speaking, an atheist be someone who rejects the
notion of deities only? As I understand it, atheism is a subset of
rationalism, therefore it should be well within the definition to posit
atheists who reject the idea of gods but still believe in lady luck,
leprechauns and any other supernatural entities that do not qualify as
deities.
Unfortunately, you are correct. People otherwise considered
atheists have, at times, bought every other kind of woo.

Here's an edge case: are animists who don't believe in a
Big Kahuna, but in every small spirit of place, of animals,
of rocks and bodies of water, atheists?

They aren't rationalists, by modern definition.

lurker
Alex W.
2018-04-06 07:29:02 UTC
Post by Alex W.
Permit me a minor quibble.
Would not, strictly speaking, an atheist be someone who rejects the
notion of deities only? As I understand it, atheism is a subset of
rationalism, therefore it should be well within the definition to posit
atheists who reject the idea of gods but still believe in lady luck,
leprechauns and any other supernatural entities that do not qualify as
deities.
Unfortunately, you are correct. People otherwise considered
atheists have, at times, bought every other kind of woo.
Here's an edge case: are animists who don't believe in a
Big Kahuna, but in every small spirit of place, of animals,
of rocks and bodies of water, atheists?
They aren't rationalists, by modern definition.
If one can be a religionist and yet an atheist -- think Daoism and some
forms of Buddhism -- why not animist atheists?

In the same way, there are now plenty of New Agers who are subscribe to
the Gaia Hypothesis or outright anthropomorphic views of the Earth but
are otherwise rational and even actively look to science to solve
environmental problems. IOW, they subscribe to "woo" while being
heavily advocates of science.
Cloud Hobbit
2018-04-06 07:51:37 UTC
IOW, they subscribe to "woo" while being
heavily advocates of science.
________________

Just another kind of cognitive dissonance.

NOBODY ever won Randi's million because nobody could demonstrate any kind of paranormal ability.

Every kind of woo seems to have debunked and still people check their horoscopes.

What a world.
Kevrob
2018-04-06 10:21:28 UTC
Post by Alex W.
IOW, they subscribe to "woo" while being
heavily advocates of science.
________________
Just another kind of cognitive dissonance.
NOBODY ever won Randi's million because nobody could demonstrate any kind of paranormal ability.
Every kind of woo seems to have debunked and still people check their horoscopes.
What a world.
I'm both an atheist and an awooist.

Kevin R
Alex W.
Your refusal to woo will not go down well with the ladies, methinks...
Cloud Hobbit
2018-04-07 07:57:10 UTC
I'm both an atheist and an awooist.
_________________

What kind exactly?
v***@gmail.com
2018-04-10 09:05:19 UTC
https://tinyurl.com/yaycgmwz
v***@gmail.com

Don Martin
2018-04-06 22:48:27 UTC
Post by Alex W.
[...]
I am surrounded by ads and other promotions for playing various state
and national lotteries; to all of them (and to Lady Luck) my gut
response is "You have to play to lose."
I am not big on leprechauns, either, except as useful for teasing
theists, and gods are just leprechauns writ large.
Alex W.
2018-04-07 01:59:41 UTC
Post by Alex W.
[...]
Erm ... no, not quite.

By refusing to play, you are guaranteed to lose. Buy a ticket, however,
and your chances improve from "quite impossible" to merely "highly
improbable".
Post by Don Martin
I am not big on leprechauns, either, except as useful for teasing
theists, and gods are just leprechauns writ large.
Leprechauns are much cuter than gods, much easier (and more cheap) to
appease, and they do wonders for the touristic image of Ireland.
%
i'm glad you admit you have seen and believe in god
Alex W.
2018-04-07 08:08:32 UTC
Post by Alex W.
Post by Don Martin
I am not big on leprechauns, either, except as useful for teasing
theists, and gods are just leprechauns writ large.
Leprechauns are much cuter than gods, much easier (and more cheap) to
appease, and they do wonders for the touristic image of Ireland.
i'm glad you admit you have seen and believe in god
I have said no such thing.

And even in the dim and distant days when I was a callow teenager who
believed in anything, I certainly did not have any visions of god...
%
2018-04-07 15:45:34 UTC
Post by Alex W.
Post by %
Post by Alex W.
Post by Don Martin
I am not big on leprechauns, either, except as useful for teasing
theists, and gods are just leprechauns writ large.
Leprechauns are much cuter than gods, much easier (and more cheap) to
appease, and they do wonders for the touristic image of Ireland.
i'm glad you admit you have seen and believe in god
I have said no such thing.
And even in the dim and distant days when I was a callow teenager who
believed in anything, I certainly did not have any visions of god...
if you talk about him you must believe he exists ,
if not there would be nothing to talk about
Don Martin
2018-04-07 12:18:38 UTC
Post by Alex W.
Post by Don Martin
Post by Alex W.
[...]
The actual odds do not change all that much.
Post by Alex W.
Post by Don Martin
I am not big on leprechauns, either, except as useful for teasing
theists, and gods are just leprechauns writ large.
Leprechauns are much cuter than gods, much easier (and more cheap) to
appease, and they do wonders for the touristic image of Ireland.
I know that some Americans are stupid enough to go to Jerusalem and
end up wandering the hills, draped in their hotel's bedsheets--ISTR
that this is called the Jesus Syndrome. I suspect that some Americans
probably go to Ireland in hopes of spotting the wee folk and possibly
joining their merry band of pranksters. The whiskey doubtless helps.
2018-04-04 02:43:42 UTC
That is a position of ignorance. A position of ignorance does not
justify a belief of ignorance like atheism. Despite what we theists know
about God, you still have no justification for your disbelief.
1) Why does "disbelief" need justification?

2) What is the justification for YOUR "disbelief"
in Allah, Thor, Hercules, Zues, Ra, Shiva, Vishnu?
Don Martin
2018-04-04 22:08:47 UTC
On Tue, 03 Apr 2018 21:43:42 -0500, Mitchell Holman
That is a position of ignorance. A position of ignorance does not
justify a belief of ignorance like atheism. Despite what we theists know
about God, you still have no justification for your disbelief.
1) Why does "disbelief" need justification?
2) What is the justification for YOUR "disbelief"
in Allah, Thor, Hercules, Zues, Ra, Shiva, Vishnu?
And who really gives a shit whether this pathetic turd is actually
convinced of atheists being what they say they are?
Gronk
2018-04-06 03:36:48 UTC
default
2018-04-03 09:59:18 UTC
Post by Greywolf
Post by %
Post by default
.
[...]
Atheism isn't a "negative belief." It is the absence of belief in a
deity; nothing more, nothing less.

And no one needs to believe in your being in order to demonstrate a
"valid reason" to disbelieve. Again you have the onus twisted around
- you are the one making the assertion that god is real in spite of
not being able to produce a god - yet somehow you think I have to
prove your god is not real?

Hardly.
Post by aaa
Can you do that?
Can you prove the Easter Bunny or Tooth Fairy are not real? If you
can, then we can talk. (and add the Spaghetti Monster and Invisible
Pink Unicorn) You may scoff at them, but why shouldn't you prove they
don't exist???????? How can you say the Muslims, Jews,
Scientologist's, Druids, Confucius, Taoists, etc., have it wrong if
you don't have a "valid reason?"
Post by aaa
We theists don't pretend to know enough about God. How could you as an
atheist?
Liar! You theists are ALWAYS pretending you know all about your god's:
character, purpose, likes and dislikes, mandates, etc. etc.. The fact
that there are thousands of religions all purporting to know all about
the same god, and all different, suggests that you can't agree on what
you claim you worship.
aaa
2018-04-03 16:44:27 UTC
Post by default
Post by aaa
Post by Greywolf
Post by %
[...]
An absence of belief without knowledge is ignorance. Is that what you
think atheism truly is?

Therefore, according to you, atheism is the total ignorance of God.
Nothing more and nothing less. True?
Post by default
And no one needs to believe in your being in order to demonstrate a
"valid reason" to disbelieve. Again you have the onus twisted
around - you are the one making the assertion that god is real in
spite of not being able to produce a god - yet somehow you think I
have to prove your god is not real?
Not really. I did provide you with the spiritual evidence of God that
supports my theist belief. You, on the other hand, have no justification
for your disbelief in God. I'm not the one demanding you to prove a
negative. It's because your atheism is based on a negative proposition.
It's why your need to support such negative proposition with logic,
reason, and evidence. The fact it's logically impossible for you to
accomplish such task only shows the inherent fallacy of atheism.

Atheism is a marble of illogic. You can't blame me for it.
Post by default
Hardly.
Post by aaa
Can you do that?
Can you prove the Easter Bunny or Tooth Fairy are not real? If you
can, then we can talk. (and add the Spaghetti Monster and Invisible
Pink Unicorn) You may scoff at them, but why shouldn't you prove
they don't exist???????? How can you say the Muslims, Jews,
Scientologist's, Druids, Confucius, Taoists, etc., have it wrong if
you don't have a "valid reason?"
The reason I don't have to care any of them is that I don't base my
philosophical belief on their existence or non-existence. Since atheism
is based on the non-existence of God, logic dictates it must provide the
justification for such disbelief. There isn't any, and you can't provide
any. Therefore, your atheism is unjustifiable.
Post by default
Post by aaa
We theists don't pretend to know enough about God. How could you as
an atheist?
Liar! You theists are ALWAYS pretending you know all about your
god's: character, purpose, likes and dislikes, mandates, etc. etc..
The fact that there are thousands of religions all purporting to know
all about the same god, and all different, suggests that you can't
agree on what you claim you worship.
Despite all of that, you still don't know what you don't really believe
as an atheist. You have nothing but your total ignorance to show to the
world. Therefore, an atheist should be considered as someone who is
naked without truth and knowledge. What an intellectual disaster for
people who proclaim to believe modern science and technology.

default
2018-04-03 19:55:34 UTC
Post by default
Post by aaa
Post by default
And no one needs to believe in your being in order to demonstrate a
"valid reason" to disbelieve. Again you have the onus twisted
around - you are the one making the assertion that god is real in
spite of not being able to produce a god - yet somehow you think I
have to prove your god is not real?
Not really. I did provide you with the spiritual evidence of God that
supports my theist belief. You, on the other hand, have no justification
for your disbelief in God. I'm not the one demanding you to prove a
negative. It's because your atheism is based on a negative proposition.
It's why your need to support such negative proposition with logic,
reason, and evidence. The fact it's logically impossible for you to
accomplish such task only shows the inherent fallacy of atheism.
Atheism is a marble of illogic. You can't blame me for it.
There's no such thing as spiritual evidence, again you confuse emotion
with cold hard fact.
Post by aaa
Post by default
Hardly.
Post by aaa
Can you do that?
Can you prove the Easter Bunny or Tooth Fairy are not real? If you
can, then we can talk. (and add the Spaghetti Monster and Invisible
Pink Unicorn) You may scoff at them, but why shouldn't you prove
they don't exist???????? How can you say the Muslims, Jews,
Scientologist's, Druids, Confucius, Taoists, etc., have it wrong if
you don't have a "valid reason?"
The reason I don't have to care any of them is that I don't base my
philosophical belief on their existence or non-existence. Since atheism
is based on the non-existence of God, logic dictates it must provide the
justification for such disbelief. There isn't any, and you can't provide
any. Therefore, your atheism is unjustifiable.
Again you demonstrate your ignorance. Apparently you don't know what
the word logic means.
Post by aaa
Post by default
Post by aaa
We theists don't pretend to know enough about God. How could you as
an atheist?
Liar! You theists are ALWAYS pretending you know all about your
god's: character, purpose, likes and dislikes, mandates, etc. etc..
The fact that there are thousands of religions all purporting to know
all about the same god, and all different, suggests that you can't
agree on what you claim you worship.
Despite all of that, you still don't know what you don't really believe
as an atheist. You have nothing but your total ignorance to show to the
world. Therefore, an atheist should be considered as someone who is
naked without truth and knowledge. What an intellectual disaster for
people who proclaim to believe modern science and technology.
Being an atheist doesn't saddle me with things I must believe. I'm
sure atheists believe in a lot of different things, but not things
that require blind faith.

Do you actually think that was a clever rebuttal?
hypatiab7
2018-04-08 16:03:42 UTC
Post by Greywolf
Post by %
Post by default
.
[...]
Atheism is NOT negative. It's just a lack of someone else's god belief.
Any kind of god (there are thousands that people believe in, not just
yours).Besides, since you are the believer, you have to describe your particular god and present evidence that it exists. Anyone can copy
tons of god or 'God' garbage from books or the Internet. That proves
nothing and there are lots of gods to chose from. As ever, my reason
for not believing is lack of evidence from any Christian I've asked
for this. And, I've asked plenty of Christians over the years. The
list could probably reach from my city to yours. Before I have to prove anything, you have to provide evidence that what you believe in is true.
And you can't do this because you depend on your own faith which is not
accepted by atheists. And, please don't give me any trash about my not understanding your nonsense. No one understands your mishmash , including
you.
atheist?
duke
2018-04-09 12:30:20 UTC
Post by Greywolf
Post by %
Post by default
.
[...]
Wrong: it's a rejection of.

The Purpose of the NT Word of God is not to inform as it did in
the OT,but instead to form us in the very image of Jesus Christ.
*****
MattB
Then you are agnostic?
Yap Honghor
2018-04-03 08:41:49 UTC
.
EVIDENCE????????????????????????????????
default
2018-04-03 10:00:41 UTC
On Tue, 3 Apr 2018 01:41:49 -0700 (PDT), Yap Honghor
.
A good delusion needs no evidence.
Amazing Answers
2018-04-03 17:28:21 UTC
.
staying on topic when the talk is proof of atheism
They also can't read or do research.
HEGAVEIT😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬