Duke lie 0902171 - Blatantly False Witness
2017-09-02 19:44:49 UTC
Btw, when are you going to reveal the tension in the support lines, and advise
I'll help you get started with the solution and give you hints if you get
stuck. How's that? (After all, you said you "love statics", right?)
I've got the calculation paper right alongside my computer.
Okay. Do you remember the problem? A weight W is supported by two
ropes of equal length attached to the ceiling. The ropes make a right
angle with each other. What's the tension in the ropes?
First hint: It's clearly right/left symmetric, so the ropes each have
the same tension. What angle do they make with the vertical? Do you
need a hint on how to determine that? (If so, I won't ridicule you for
it.)
Meanwhile, go ahead and draw the vector diagram on your "calculation
paper", if you need to.
Calculated it doing the man's way.
Men admit their ignorance. You're a wuss.
You just made a HUGGGGE mistake on the statics problem.
I didn't, but please tell us what you think my mistake is.
You thought it was all vertical.
You can't read, duke. I said the vertical component is W/2.
In the previous post given by atlatl, you jumped at the notion that the rope
tension was W/2. You're a bullshit artist.
And you're a liar. I never said that once. If I had, it would be easy
enough for you to find, though. (Or for anybody else reading this who wants
to find out which of us is lying.)
Patrick
AGAIN.
Ted
2017-09-02 20:59:23 UTC
Post by Patrick
Post by Ted
[...]
LOL. That's okay, Patrick. I've been on usenet a long time too, and know we
all have to be loyal to our allies.
raven1
Even you know that the liar here is Duke. Don't pretend otherwise.
raven1
2017-09-02 21:16:22 UTC
[...]
I killfiled Duke for exactly that reason: he blatantly lies about what
was said earlier in the conversation, and then denies he's lying, even
with the conversation still there for anyone to easily see that he's
lying. Donald Trump is more honest than Duke.
Ted
2017-09-02 21:26:21 UTC
Post by raven1
Post by Ted
[...]
LOL. And that's saying something. But at least duke's lies don't have the
same scope. However, we don't know how badly duke's lies have already hurt
the people around him.
duke
2017-09-06 21:30:45 UTC
Post by raven1
Post by Ted
[...]
It's very simple. No lies, no pain.

The Catholic Church is like a thick steak, a glass of red wine
and a good cigar.

G.K. Chesterton
2017-09-06 21:30:09 UTC
Post by raven1
Post by Ted
[...]
And yet you have never been able to show an example of that.

*****
Syd M.
2017-09-06 22:01:52 UTC
Post by raven1
Post by Ted
[...]
Just because you refuse to acknowledge your lies doesn't make them go away.

PDW
Jeanne Douglas
2017-09-07 09:40:31 UTC
Post by Syd M.
Post by duke
Post by raven1
Post by Ted
[...]
When one lives in The Bubble, reality is exactly what you want it to be, facts be damned.
Syd M.
2017-09-07 20:44:50 UTC
Post by Syd M.
Post by duke
Post by raven1
Post by Ted
[...]
And his bubble is extra strength large tier...

PDW
Marvin Sebourn
2017-09-06 23:39:54 UTC
Post by raven1
Post by Ted
[...]
Yes I have. When I challenged you, and showed that you had spoken falsely, you referred to many of your false statements, saying that "I (Duke) overstated my case".

But I do think you are more honest than President Trump. And likely a good deal smarter.

Marvin Sebourn

*****
Marvin Sebourn

2017-09-10 15:09:04 UTC
Post by Marvin Sebourn
Post by duke
And yet you have never been able to show an example of that.
Yes I have. When I challenged you, and showed that you had spoken falsely, you referred to many of your false statements, saying that "I (Duke) overstated my case".
One statement??
Many.
And yet you can't name one. So you are a dirty liar.

2017-09-10 15:34:56 UTC
Post by Marvin Sebourn
Post by duke
And yet you have never been able to show an example of that.
Yes I have. When I challenged you, and showed that you had spoken falsely, you referred to many of your false statements, saying that "I (Duke) overstated my case".
One statement??
Many.
And yet you can't name one. So you are a dirty liar.
You're "dirty", Duke, and not just because you're a liar.
Btw, here's my favorite duke lie so far: http://tinyurl.com/ybb6dx24
duke
2017-09-11 11:53:41 UTC
Post by Marvin Sebourn
Post by duke
And yet you have never been able to show an example of that.
Yes I have. When I challenged you, and showed that you had spoken falsely, you referred to many of your false statements, saying that "I (Duke) overstated my case".
One statement??
Many.
And yet you can't name one. So you are a dirty liar.
You're "dirty", Duke, and not just because you're a liar.
Name one, you filthy bastard.
Post by Ted
Btw, here's my favorite duke lie so far: http://tinyurl.com/ybb6dx24
You said it, not me. I said W/2 is NOT the tension in the rope.

*****
Syd M.
2017-09-10 18:17:00 UTC
Post by Marvin Sebourn
Post by duke
And yet you have never been able to show an example of that.
Yes I have. When I challenged you, and showed that you had spoken falsely, you referred to many of your false statements, saying that "I (Duke) overstated my case".
One statement??
Many.
And yet you can't name one. So you are a dirty liar.
Nope. That's still YOU, Dork.

PDW
Marvin Sebourn
2017-09-10 20:25:23 UTC
Post by Marvin Sebourn
Post by duke
And yet you have never been able to show an example of that.
Yes I have. When I challenged you, and showed that you had spoken falsely, you referred to many of your false statements, saying that "I (Duke) overstated my case".
One statement??
Many.
Thus spoke Dukathrusta:
"And yet you can't name one. So you are a dirty liar."

Temper, Duke! Calling me a "dirty liar".

Speaking of lying, Duke, if I show that you had stated untruths, and proved it to you by copying your own words, showing that they were false, and copy where you stated that "I (that's you, Duke) overstated my case", that would prove two things.

1) Your unsupported claim that I am a "dirty liar" is not true, by the terms of your claim.

2) That your claim that I am a "dirty liar" is in itself a lie, your very own lie. Jesus wept. And Duke still lied.

So, Duke, if I show that you spoke falsely in this one case, and that you did say "I overstated my case":

1) Will you acknowledge that you were mistaken?
2) Will you acknowledge that I told the truth?
3) Will you acknowledge that you lied when you wrote in this post, speaking of me, that "So you (Marvin) are a dirty liar.

Marvin Sebourn
***@aol.com

Apologies if anything was snipped when I wrote my reply.
2017-09-11 11:59:45 UTC
Post by Marvin Sebourn
Post by duke
Post by Marvin Sebourn
Post by duke
And yet you have never been able to show an example of that.
Yes I have. When I challenged you, and showed that you had spoken falsely, you referred to many of your false statements, saying that "I (Duke) overstated my case".
One statement??
Many.
"And yet you can't name one. So you are a dirty liar."
Temper, Duke! Calling me a "dirty liar".
When the shoe fits.
Post by Marvin Sebourn
Speaking of lying, Duke, if I show that you had stated untruths, and proved it to you by copying your own words, showing that they were false, and copy where you stated that "I (that's you, Duke) overstated my case", that would prove two things.
1) Your unsupported claim that I am a "dirty liar" is not true, by the terms of your claim.
Terms???
Post by Marvin Sebourn
2) That your claim that I am a "dirty liar" is in itself a lie, your very own lie. Jesus wept. And Duke still lied.
You are.
I can recall once, maybe twice, where I did that in 20 years. That's not a lie.
That's a matter of over-emphasizing of point.
Post by Marvin Sebourn
1) Will you acknowledge that you were mistaken?
If I was.
Post by Marvin Sebourn
2) Will you acknowledge that I told the truth?
If you did.
Post by Marvin Sebourn
3) Will you acknowledge that you lied when you wrote in this post, speaking of me, that "So you (Marvin) are a dirty liar.
If I did.