Ken Ham says hurricanes are a result of people’s sins
2017-09-08 03:17:59 UTC
http://tinyurl.com/y7rvkbwf

Hurricanes are a result of people’s sins, Ken Ham, the president and
founder of the Creation Museum and the Ark Encounter in Williamstown,
tweeted on Wednesday.

“Devastating Hurricanes-reminder we live in a fallen groaning world as
a result of our sin against a Holy God-it’s our fault not God’s
fault,” he tweeted.
Malcolm McMahon
Well, that's the standard line isn't it? Anything positive is from God, anything negative from Man.
Cloud Hobbit
2017-09-09 03:06:06 UTC
Ken Ham believes there was a real flood and a real ark despite the fact that both are fiction.

We know there was no world wide flood and we know the ark was impossible to build and even if got built would have smashed to pieces in any rough water.

We also know the whole flood story was not original.

The point is I wouldn't consider Ken Ham to be a fountain of truth.

He seems kinda stupid.
A***@yahoo.com
2017-09-09 03:30:34 UTC
Ken Ham believes there was a real flood and a real ark despite the fact that both are fiction.
Coal and petroleum. Lot's .
Post by Cloud Hobbit
We know there was no world wide flood and we know the ark was impossible to build and even if got built would have smashed to pieces in any rough water.
Lot's of sedimentary rock. Evidence of vast inland seas.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
We also know the whole flood story was not original.
Of course it wasn't. No story is original if it really happened. They are accounts.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
The point is I wouldn't consider Ken Ham to be a fountain of truth.
Ignoring the coal and petroleum doesn't help you.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
He seems kinda stupid.
Name-calling is all you've got.
Cloud Hobbit
2017-09-09 08:17:14 UTC
Post by A***@yahoo.com
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Ken Ham believes there was a real flood and a real ark despite the fact that both are fiction.
Coal and petroleum. Lot's .
Does not prove there was a biblical flood.
Post by A***@yahoo.com
Post by Cloud Hobbit
We know there was no world wide flood and we know the ark was impossible to build and even if got built would have smashed to pieces in any rough water.
Lot's of sedimentary rock. Evidence of vast inland seas.
Geologists say otherwise.
Also no evidence of a biblical flood.
Post by A***@yahoo.com
Post by Cloud Hobbit
We also know the whole flood story was not original.
Of course it wasn't. No story is original if it really happened. They are accounts.
It not just unoriginal, it was plagiarized from the Epic of Gilgamesh, which was borrowed from a previous myth that was borrowed from one before that.

Many cultures have flood myths. Here's a list of some.
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/flood-myths.html#Egypt
Sumerian:

Sumerian The gods had decided to destroy mankind. The god Enlil warned the priest-king Ziusudra ("Long of Life") of the coming flood by speaking to a wall while Ziusudra listened at the side. He was instructed to build a great ship and carry beasts and birds upon it. Violent winds came, and a flood of rain covered the earth for seven days and nights. Then Ziusudra opened a window in the large boat, allowing sunlight to enter, and he prostrated himself before the sun-god Utu. After landing, he sacrificed a sheep and an ox and bowed before Anu and Enlil. For protecting the animals and the seed of mankind, he was granted eternal life and taken to the country of Dilmun, where the sun rises. [Hammerly-Dupuy, p. 56; Heidel, pp. 102-106]
Egypt:

People have become rebellious. Atum said he will destroy all he made and return the earth to the Primordial Water which was its original state. Atum will remain, in the form of a serpent, with Osiris. [Faulkner, plate 30] (Unfortunately the version of the papyrus with the flood story is damaged and unclear. See also Budge, p. ccii.)
Babylonian:

Egypt Three times (every 1200 years), the gods were distressed by the disturbance from human overpopulation. The gods dealt with the problem first by plague, then by famine. Both times, the god Enki advised men to bribe the god causing the problem. The third time, Enlil advised the gods to destroy all humans with a flood, but Enki had Atrahasis build an ark and so escape. Also on the boat were cattle, wild animals and birds, and Atrahasis' family. When the storm came, Atrahasis sealed the door with bitumen and cut the boat's rope. The storm god Adad raged, turning the day black. After the seven-day flood, the gods regretted their action. Atrahasis made an offering to them, at which the gods gathered like flies, and Enki established barren women and stillbirth to avoid the problem in the future. [Dalley, pp. 23-35]
Assyrian:

Babylonian The gods, led by Enlil, agreed to cleanse the earth of an overpopulated humanity, but Utnapishtim was warned by the god Ea in a dream. He and some craftsmen built a large boat (one acre in area, seven decks) in a week. He then loaded it with his family, the craftsmen, and "the seed of all living creatures." The waters of the abyss rose up, and it stormed for six days. Even the gods were frightened by the flood's fury. Upon seeing all the people killed, the gods repented and wept. The waters covered everything but the top of the mountain Nisur, where the boat landed. Seven days later, Utnapishtim released a dove, but it returned finding nowhere else to land. He next returned a sparrow, which also returned, and then a raven, which did not return. Thus he knew the waters had receded enough for the people to emerge. Utnapishtim made a sacrifice to the gods. He and his wife were given immortality and lived at the end of the earth. [Sandars, chpt. 5]

Assyrian Sharur destroyed Asag, demon of sickness and disease, by flooding his abode. In the process, "The primeval waters of Kur rose to the surface, and as a result of their violence no fresh waters could reach the fields and gardens." [Kramer, p. 105]
Post by A***@yahoo.com
Post by Cloud Hobbit
The point is I wouldn't consider Ken Ham to be a fountain of truth.
Ignoring the coal and petroleum doesn't help you.
Nor does it prove the flood.
http://www.skepticblog.org/2014/04/30/if-we-followed-flood-geology-we-would-have-no-oil/

In my 2007 book Evolution: What the Fossils Say and Why it Matters, I detailed the problems with the bizarre view of the earth known as “flood geology.” Originally hatched by George Macready Price, a school teacher with no training or experience whatsoever in geology, he dreamed it up by reading children’s books about geology. Price was a Seventh-Day Adventist, therefore he had to believe in Young-Earth Creationism. Thus, he would create elaborate explanations of how Noah’s flood could explain the entire geological record—or at least the record as portrayed in oversimplified cartoons in kiddie books. If he had ever bothered to go into the field and look directly at the rocks, he might have changed his mind.

Ironically, the entire idea of Noah’s flood explaining the rock record was disproven by creationist geologists themselves. The Noah’s flood model was widely believed before 1795, but in the early 1800s geologists began to look at the rocks of Europe in greater detail, and realized that it could not be explained by one flood or by many floods. By 1830, “flood geology” was completely dead, even though the geologists of the time were all devoutly religious and believed in the Bible. And this all happened decades before Charles Darwin published his ideas in 1859, so in no way did geologists “shuffle the fossils and the strata” to prove evolution, as some creationists claim.
Post by A***@yahoo.com
Post by Cloud Hobbit
He seems kinda stupid.
Name-calling is all you've got.
In this case, applies unless you prefer that I think of him as a liar and con-artist which is the other choice. Not that he couldn't be some of both. One must give credit where it is due.

There is no evidence of Noah's flood. Only evidence that shows the flood to be false exists, none that in any way confirm it.
hypatiab7
Cloud Hobbit
2017-09-12 22:00:42 UTC
The only person more stupid and deranged than Ken Ham is Ray Comfort the banana man.
Yap Honghor
2017-09-13 07:27:01 UTC
Post by A***@yahoo.com
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Ken Ham believes there was a real flood and a real ark despite the fact that both are fiction.
Coal and petroleum. Lot's .
What have coal and petroleum anything to do with worldwide con flooding story?????
Post by A***@yahoo.com
Post by Cloud Hobbit
We know there was no world wide flood and we know the ark was impossible to build and even if got built would have smashed to pieces in any rough water.
Lot's of sedimentary rock. Evidence of vast inland seas.
Your donkey brain cannot process the information that our world is billions of years old when the earth has been battered with rain and unstable weather conditions?????????
Post by A***@yahoo.com
Post by Cloud Hobbit
We also know the whole flood story was not original.
Of course it wasn't. No story is original if it really happened. They are accounts.
And the bible took old folks stories as its tales???
Post by A***@yahoo.com
Post by Cloud Hobbit
The point is I wouldn't consider Ken Ham to be a fountain of truth.
Ignoring the coal and petroleum doesn't help you.
Ignoring the facts on how their come into being shows you are a donkey brain....
Post by A***@yahoo.com
Post by Cloud Hobbit
He seems kinda stupid.
Name-calling is all you've got.
We atheists are straight honest people.

Atlatl Axolotl
2017-09-09 04:48:24 UTC
http://tinyurl.com/y7rvkbwf
Hurricanes are a result of people’s sins, Ken Ham, the president and
founder of the Creation Museum and the Ark Encounter in Williamstown,
tweeted on Wednesday.
“Devastating Hurricanes-reminder we live in a fallen groaning world as
a result of our sin against a Holy God-it’s our fault not God’s
fault,” he tweeted.
Ken Ham wins another convert!

AA
Cloud Hobbit
2017-09-09 06:16:34 UTC
Not another convert so much as another idiot and liar.
Atlatl Axolotl
2017-09-09 06:43:47 UTC
Not another convert so much as another idiot and liar.
Actually, he's saying Ken Ham turned him for a
Christian into an atheist.

aa
Cloud Hobbit
2017-09-09 07:47:57 UTC
My mistake. I thought it was a reference to Assroid.

Should have clicked on the link.
Have seen a couple of Paulogia videos. Love his work.
Syd M.
2017-09-09 16:43:07 UTC
http://tinyurl.com/y7rvkbwf
Hurricanes are a result of people’s sins, Ken Ham, the president and
founder of the Creation Museum and the Ark Encounter in Williamstown,
tweeted on Wednesday.
“Devastating Hurricanes-reminder we live in a fallen groaning world as
a result of our sin against a Holy God-it’s our fault not God’s
fault,” he tweeted.
Well, he is an idiot...

PDW
Yap Honghor
2017-09-13 07:20:48 UTC
http://tinyurl.com/y7rvkbwf
Hurricanes are a result of people’s sins, Ken Ham, the president and
founder of the Creation Museum and the Ark Encounter in Williamstown,
tweeted on Wednesday.
“Devastating Hurricanes-reminder we live in a fallen groaning world as
a result of our sin against a Holy God-it’s our fault not God’s
fault,” he tweeted.
So, he did not say anything about why are all those believers sinned and get punished?????

He should behave the same as those televangelists, ask for money to pray on their behalf...