The Earth is a Trial
Add Reply
A***@yahoo.com
2017-09-21 14:39:37 UTC
So many years ago an angelic entity challenged the very character of God. He made claims that God was unworthy and that he offered to make things better for anyone who would join with him. According to the Bible 1/3 of the angels joined with him.

God could have disappeared this being. Voosh! Gone. All the angels would have trembled and obeyed.

In this system there would be no love. Plus, the angels would always be thinking, "I wonder if that being, that very one who defied God was correct after all?" And throughout eternity coup attempts would be made as God would be eternally distrusted.

But....

What if this angelic entity was give a chance to prove himself? To illustrate to the entire universe exactly what his philosophy of life would do?

What if he was given a chance?

The whole universe could see the results and decide if this angelic entity had the right philosophy and choose.

His record would decide his fate. And for some 6000 years he has been given a chance and that is about to end.

Now look around you. Do you like what you see?
Atlatl Axolotl
2017-09-21 15:59:54 UTC
Post by A***@yahoo.com
[...]
So all the incalculable immensity of human suffering and pain and torment and death
that the human race has groaned under for as long as there have been humans
was just so God could make some kind of point?

God's cruelty in letting Satan kick Job around just so God could win his collegial little bar bet
with Satan pales into insignificance compared to this.

Atlatl Axolotl
Andrew
Do you believe in God?
Atlatl Axolotl
2017-09-21 16:14:27 UTC
Post by Atlatl Axolotl
Post by A***@yahoo.com
[...]

Asteroid's version of? Your version of?

Haven't found any reason to.

But if I go play in Asteroid's sandbox, I am allowed to go by the rules of his playground.

Exactly the same way i could question a follower of Zeus about his God's
rather ... creative sexual practices.

Or ask a follower of Odin why no one has muzzled Fenrir, given that
Fenrir is going to kill Odin when the prophecies of Ragnarok come to pass.

A2A
b***@m.nu
Do you believe in tinkerbell?
Kevrob
2017-09-21 18:25:45 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by Atlatl Axolotl
Post by A***@yahoo.com
[...]
You troll in this group enough, do you need a scorecard for who
the trolling theists are, and who slaps them down?

It's like you are a bot without the affect to recognize
who the posters are.

Kevin R
Atlatl Axolotl
2017-09-21 18:42:26 UTC
Post by Atlatl Axolotl
Post by A***@yahoo.com
[...]

Oh, I'm guessing Our Andrew was trying to question my right
to comment on a f̶a̶n̶t̶a̶s̶y̶ ̶ deity I don't believe in.

Hence my counter-examples.

a2A
2017-09-21 16:07:35 UTC
God's cruelty in letting Satan kick Job around..
Interesting that you blame God for what Satan
does
Atlatl Axolotl
2017-09-21 16:23:03 UTC
,> > God's cruelty in letting Satan kick Job around..
,> Interesting that you blame God for what Satan
,> does

God quite specifically gives Satan permission. God gives Satan
permission to do anything to Job, short of killing him.

Which includes killing all of Job's children and servants
and animals. (what *is* it with your God and animals, anyhow?)

To God the sons and daughters and servants are little better
than poker chips in their little wager. All just to make a point.

aa
b***@m.nu
2017-09-21 17:45:28 UTC
On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 09:23:03 -0700 (PDT), Atlatl Axolotl
Post by Atlatl Axolotl
,> > God's cruelty in letting Satan kick Job around..
,> Interesting that you blame God for what Satan
,> does
God quite specifically gives Satan permission. God gives Satan
permission to do anything to Job, short of killing him.
Which includes killing all of Job's children and servants
and animals. (what *is* it with your God and animals, anyhow?)
To God the sons and daughters and servants are little better
than poker chips in their little wager. All just to make a point.
What the dumbass does not realize that the bible was written by humans
not by some magical harry potter being at a time when servants were
common place in Rome and throughout the entire area....

Poor andrew it too fucking stupid to put 2 and 2 together
b***@m.nu
2017-09-21 17:42:06 UTC
On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 12:07:35 -0400, "Andrew"
Post by Andrew
God's cruelty in letting Satan kick Job around..
Interesting that you blame God for what Satan
does
If only we could use that as an excuse for you and those with an equal
amount of stupidity <theists>
TheRealMccoy
2017-09-21 17:43:54 UTC
Obviously to choose the side of GOD is a no brainer versus the side against GOD.
Kevrob
2017-09-21 18:36:10 UTC
Post by TheRealMccoy
Post by b***@m.nu
If only we could use that as an excuse for you and those with an equal
amount of stupidity <theists>
Obviously to choose the side of GOD is a no brainer versus the side against GOD.
Ridiculous. If he weren't a figure out of legend, Yahooey
would be an infanticidal, genocidal, war criminal, torturing,
Bastard Operator who created Hell.

I wouldn't be on his side, nor that of his District Attorney and
Jailhouse Sheriff, Nick Scratch, neither.

"Non serviam" was a damned good motto Milton gave him, though.

Kevin R
Atlatl Axolotl
2017-09-21 18:40:03 UTC
Post by TheRealMccoy
Post by b***@m.nu
If only we could use that as an excuse for you and those with an equal
amount of stupidity <theists>
Obviously to choose the side of GOD is a no brainer versus the side against GOD.
Ridiculous. If he weren't a figure out of legend, Yahooey
would be an infanticidal, genocidal, war criminal, torturing,
Bastard Operator who created Hell.
I wouldn't be on his side, nor that of his District Attorney and
Jailhouse Sheriff, Nick Scratch, neither.
"Non serviam" was a damned good motto Milton gave him, though.
Kevin R
Milton had to work hard to keep him from taking over the poem.

Though he pretty much did anyhow.

AA
Davej
2017-09-21 18:23:34 UTC
Post by Andrew
God's cruelty in letting Satan kick Job around..
Interesting that you blame God for what Satan
does
It's your fantasy. When an "all knowing--all powerful" being
allows something to happen it takes responsibility.
TheRealMccoy
2017-09-21 18:06:18 UTC
You seem to be taking this all very literally ...
b***@m.nu
2017-09-21 17:40:12 UTC
On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 07:39:37 -0700 (PDT), ***@yahoo.com
wrote:

In a way the earth is a trial, If you are stupid you are guilty and
are out..

For sure you were guilty Long Long ago... still waiting for your
sentence to be carried out
TheRealMccoy
2017-09-21 17:41:48 UTC
On Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 9:39:43 AM UTC-5, ***@yahoo.com

It may seem like my life is on trial, but I don't look at things like that ...
Davej
2017-09-21 18:18:54 UTC
Post by A***@yahoo.com
So many years ago an angelic entity challenged the very character
of God. He made claims that God was unworthy and that he offered
to make things better for anyone who would join with him.
In other news: Three Little Pigs went to the market and then cried
all the way home. This is the level of your stupid story.
Kevrob
2017-09-21 18:37:08 UTC
Post by A***@yahoo.com
So many years ago an angelic entity challenged the very character
of God. He made claims that God was unworthy and that he offered
to make things better for anyone who would join with him.
In other news: Three Little Pigs went to the market and then cried
all the way home. This is the level of your stupid story.
Do you Huff and Puff when counting toes? :)