Hey Atilla! Earl says that...
Add Reply
Atlatl Axolotl
2017-11-28 23:28:57 UTC
...that this phrase I see him using, the "null position", is actually due to
you, not him. But since he refuses to cough up even a single link proving
that, I'm forced to ask you about this.

I took it as a misunderstanding of "the null hypothesis". But perhaps
not.

In any case, can you enlighten me on this, seeing how Earl is being
as helpful as a lead life preserver?

AtlAxo
duke
2017-12-15 14:09:09 UTC
On Tue, 28 Nov 2017 15:28:57 -0800 (PST), Atlatl Axolotl
Post by Atlatl Axolotl
...that this phrase I see him using, the "null position", is actually due to
you, not him. But since he refuses to cough up even a single link proving
that, I'm forced to ask you about this.
I took it as a misunderstanding of "the null hypothesis". But perhaps
not.
In any case, can you enlighten me on this, seeing how Earl is being
as helpful as a lead life preserver?
Why didn't you ask me????

Attila says he has no position regarding "God existence" vs "no God existing".
He also claims no opinion either way. Hence I accuse him of a null position,
which is an impossibility.

The Catholic Church is like a thick steak, a glass of red wine
and a good cigar.

G.K. Chesterton
*****
Atlatl Axolotl
2017-12-16 04:09:00 UTC
Post by Atlatl Axolotl
...that this phrase I see him using, the "null position", is actually due to
you, not him. But since he refuses to cough up even a single link proving
that, I'm forced to ask you about this.
.> >I took it as a misunderstanding of "the null hypothesis". But perhaps
.> >not.
.> >In any case, can you enlighten me on this, seeing how Earl is being
.> >as helpful as a lead life preserver?
.> Why didn't you ask me????

Did you even read what I wrote there?

I did ask you. You said it's Atilla's phrase, not yours. And then gave
me nothing beyond that.

.> Attila says he has no position regarding "God existence" vs "no God existing".
.> He also claims no opinion either way. Hence I accuse him of a null position,
.> which is an impossibility.

What's impossible about that? It's a classic agnostic stance.

Is there intelligent extraterrestrial life in our spiral arm?
I have no idea, one way or the other.

Was vulcanism the cause of the end Permian mass extinction?
I do not know.

But I do agree with Russell about that teapot.

AA
duke
2017-12-16 18:36:49 UTC
Post by Atlatl Axolotl
[...]
Did he tell you what 132 means?

1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
Post by Atlatl Axolotl
[...]
the dukester, American-American
Even if AA didn't know, he'd understand it immediately if we told him that
we can count to 1023 on our fingers. (Ya see, AA is intelligent, quite
unlike you.)

Hey Duke! 132! :)
Atlatl Axolotl
2017-12-16 22:46:07 UTC
Post by Atlatl Axolotl
[...]

My goodness -- that's quite impolite.

I like it...

AA
Ted
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
Post by Atlatl Axolotl
[...]
Heheh. Peter and I even tried explaining it to Duke. But that was last
spring, before we fully realized how hopelessly dim he is. :)
duke

2017-12-18 12:55:35 UTC
Post by Atlatl Axolotl
[...]
Is it ok if I call you 132 also? I don't know what it means, and you don't know
what it means, so we won't knowingly be speaking evil to one another..

*****
Teresita
2017-12-16 22:59:59 UTC
Even if AA didn't know, he'd understand it immediately if we told him that
we can count to 1023 on our fingers. (Ya see, AA is intelligent, quite
unlike you.)
Duke can count to 2047 if he's getting quality time in the bathroom with
his Ann Coulter book covers.
Ted
LOL. That's assuming he can do 1024.
Peter Pan
LOL! I had to think about that for a minute...
duke
2017-12-18 12:53:57 UTC
Post by Atlatl Axolotl
[...]
Well, you kiddies have fun.
Hey Duke! 132! :)

*****
Yosemite Sam
What will you do for me and what will you do for God if I prove His existence? Put your money where your mouth is, so to speak.
hypatiab7
Prove it too to our satisfaction, then we'll tell you.
Yosemite Sam
2017-12-18 06:09:28 UTC
This is not the way godfearing mathematicians request of the perpetrator. The Spanish Conquistadors found that a dead body can tip the scales in modern analysis.
Christopher A. Lee
2017-12-18 07:07:07 UTC
On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 21:34:20 -0800 (PST), hypatiab7
Post by Atlatl Axolotl
...that this phrase I see him using, the "null position", is actually due to
you, not him. But since he refuses to cough up even a single link proving
that, I'm forced to ask you about this.
I took it as a misunderstanding of "the null hypothesis". But perhaps
not.
In any case, can you enlighten me on this, seeing how Earl is being
as helpful as a lead life preserver?
Why didn't you ask me????
Attila says he has no position regarding "God existence" vs "no God existing".
He also claims no opinion either way. Hence I accuse him of a null position,
which is an impossibility.
What's wrong with these lying morons?
Post by hypatiab7
Prove it too to our satisfaction, then we'll tell you.
Puke's the one making the claims, not Attila or any other atheist,
about something he knows is utterly irrelevant to us because it is
merely somebody else's religious belief - which doesn't even reach the
level of something that could or could not exist.

He's been lying obsessively about both this and us, pretty well all
day and every day for the last twenty years.
duke
2017-12-18 12:59:14 UTC
Post by hypatiab7
Prove it too to our satisfaction, then we'll tell you.
Puke's the one making the claims, not Attila or any other atheist,
about something he knows is utterly irrelevant to us because it is
merely somebody else's religious belief - which doesn't even reach the
level of something that could or could not exist.
These idiots don't even know what the conversation is about.

2017-12-18 12:58:22 UTC
Post by Atlatl Axolotl
...that this phrase I see him using, the "null position", is actually due to
you, not him. But since he refuses to cough up even a single link proving
that, I'm forced to ask you about this.
I took it as a misunderstanding of "the null hypothesis". But perhaps
not.
In any case, can you enlighten me on this, seeing how Earl is being
as helpful as a lead life preserver?
Why didn't you ask me????
Attila says he has no position regarding "God existence" vs "no God existing".
He also claims no opinion either way. Hence I accuse him of a null position,
which is an impossibility.
Prove it too to our satisfaction, then we'll tell you.
Well put, atheist. Just like everything else you say.

2017-12-18 12:57:47 UTC
Post by Atlatl Axolotl
...that this phrase I see him using, the "null position", is actually due to
you, not him. But since he refuses to cough up even a single link proving
that, I'm forced to ask you about this.
I took it as a misunderstanding of "the null hypothesis". But perhaps
not.
In any case, can you enlighten me on this, seeing how Earl is being
as helpful as a lead life preserver?
Why didn't you ask me????
Attila says he has no position regarding "God existence" vs "no God existing".
He also claims no opinion either way. Hence I accuse him of a null position,
which is an impossibility.
What will you do for me and what will you do for God if I prove His existence? Put your money where your mouth is, so to speak.
I'm not sure you understand the discussion.