What to do when little children mock you.
2017-06-18 18:35:44 UTC
Here's how one of God's prophets responded.

2 Kings 2:23-24

"And he went up from thence unto Bethel. And as he was going up by the way,
there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him and said
unto him, “Go up, thou bald head! Go up, thou bald head!”
And he turned back and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the
Lord. And there came forth two shebears out of the wood and tore forty and
two children of them."
Malcolm McMahon
2017-06-19 13:27:50 UTC
Here's how one of God's prophets responded.
2 Kings 2:23-24
"And he went up from thence unto Bethel. And as he was going up by the way,
there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him and said
unto him, “Go up, thou bald head! Go up, thou bald head!”
And he turned back and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the
Lord. And there came forth two shebears out of the wood and tore forty and
two children of them."
I'm rather folically challenged myself, but I always considered that an
overreaction.

A wack round the ear would appear to be more proportionate.
Alex W.
God does not believe in the naughty step.
Malcolm McMahon
2017-06-20 09:24:43 UTC
Post by Alex W.
Here's how one of God's prophets responded.
2 Kings 2:23-24
"And he went up from thence unto Bethel. And as he was going up by the way,
there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him and said
unto him, “Go up, thou bald head! Go up, thou bald head!â€
And he turned back and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the
Lord. And there came forth two shebears out of the wood and tore forty and
two children of them."
I'm rather folically challenged myself, but I always considered that an
overreaction.
A wack round the ear would appear to be more proportionate.
God does not believe in the naughty step.
Of course, we're talking about the OT version of God, clearly modelled on the psychopathic tyrant typical of those times, who daren't tolerate even the slightest dissension. The tyrant who lives in constant terror of being replaced.

Rather like in North Korea or, increasingly, Turkey.

Ted
2017-06-19 23:31:41 UTC
Here's how one of God's prophets responded.
2 Kings 2:23-24
"And he went up from thence unto Bethel. And as he was going up by the way,
there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him and said
unto him, “Go up, thou bald head! Go up, thou bald head!”
And he turned back and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the
Lord. And there came forth two shebears out of the wood and tore forty and
two children of them."
I'm rather folically challenged myself, but I always considered that an
overreaction.
A wack round the ear would appear to be more proportionate.
LOL. Yes, in my opinion too, but we're not prophets of God.