Darwin Was Not The First To Propose Evolution
2018-02-14 23:14:30 UTC
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_evolutionary_thought
Atlatl Axolotl
2018-02-14 23:25:39 UTC
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_evolutionary_thought
Yes? I assume most people interested in evolution know that,
at least as far as Erasmus Darwin and (famously) Lamarck are concerned.

What Darwin did was not to introduce the concept; what Darwin did
was to propose a plausible mechanism. This allowed the concept of
evolution to move from idle speculation to a topic for serious investigation.

AtlAxo
Andrew
2018-02-14 19:24:54 UTC
Post by Atlatl Axolotl
Post by v***@gmail.com
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_evolutionary_thought
Yes? I assume most people interested in evolution know that,
at least as far as Erasmus Darwin and (famously) Lamarck are concerned.
What Darwin did was not to introduce the concept; what Darwin did
was to propose a plausible mechanism.
Yes but the problem is, it was really only-->a phantasized
mechanism.

"Often and often a cold shudder has run through me, and
I have asked myself whether I may not have devoted my
life to a phantasy." ~ C.D.

"The essence of Darwinism lies in a single phrase: natural
selection is the creative force of evolutionary change.
No one denies that selection will play a negative role in
eliminating the unfit. Darwinian theories require that it
create the fit as well." ~ S.J.Gould
Post by Atlatl Axolotl
This allowed the concept of evolution to move from idle
speculation to a topic for serious investigation.
But unfortunately it was based on a phantasy and it was
accepted by the gullible masses.
Marvin Sebourn
2018-02-15 02:13:25 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by Atlatl Axolotl
This allowed the concept of evolution to move from idle
speculation to a topic for serious investigation.
But unfortunately it was based on a phantasy and it was
accepted by the gullible masses.
Unfortunately (but predictably) Darwin was rejected by the willfully ignorant asses.

Marvin Sebourn
***@aol.com
John Locke
2018-02-15 02:35:54 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by Atlatl Axolotl
This allowed the concept of evolution to move from idle
speculation to a topic for serious investigation.
But unfortunately it was based on a phantasy and it was
accepted by the gullible masses.
..the theory of evolution is a proven fact, supported by multiple
scientific disciplines. Those of us who understand science have moved
on. Creationism is a dead horse....you're talking to yourself in a
vacuum ! Can you hear the echo ?
Andrew
2018-02-15 05:13:45 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by Atlatl Axolotl
This allowed the concept of evolution to move from idle
speculation to a topic for serious investigation.
But unfortunately it was based on a phantasy and it was
accepted by the gullible masses.
..the theory of evolution is a proven fact,
Depends on how you define evolution.

As far as Darwinism goes, it has only a
*fantasized mechanism*.

Therefore it is unproven pseudoscience.

Food for the gullible.
Malcolm McMahon
The odd thing is that you accept that all the elements of the mechanism works, except that you imagine arbitrary limits on how far adaptation can go. And, AFAIKS, those limits are set at the entirely arbitrary barrier of "species", a purely human concept.
Atlatl Axolotl
2018-02-15 05:20:58 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by Atlatl Axolotl
This allowed the concept of evolution to move from idle
speculation to a topic for serious investigation.
But unfortunately it was based on a phantasy and it was
accepted by the gullible masses.
And of course both your carefully mined quotes have been
debunked before, by the simple act of including their
fuller context.

But you really don't give a shit, do you?

Doesn't really speak well of Christianity, your own private version thereof.

AA
Andrew
They were not misquoted, and what they said was true.
Cloud Hobbit
2018-02-15 05:31:55 UTC
But unfortunately it was based on a phantasy and it was
accepted by the gullible masses.
_________

The gullible masses being nearly every scientist on earth and almost every institution of higher learning on earth.

The phantasy is yours and the other idiots who deny the truth of evolution.
Andrew
2018-02-15 05:13:28 UTC
Post by Andrew
But unfortunately it was based on a phantasy and it was
accepted by the gullible masses.
_________
The gullible masses being nearly every scientist on earth and almost every
institution of higher learning on earth.
The phantasy is yours and the other idiots who deny the truth of evolution.
Evolution has been going on ever since the Beginning, because it has been
programmed into the original Creation by our most awesome Creator; but
always within the genetic limits of a reproducing species.
Tim
Unfortunately for you there is no evidence for any purported gods.
v***@gmail.com
2018-02-15 11:10:57 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by Andrew
But unfortunately it was based on a phantasy and it was
accepted by the gullible masses.
_________
The gullible masses being nearly every scientist on earth and almost every
institution of higher learning on earth.
The phantasy is yours and the other idiots who deny the truth of evolution.
Evolution has been going on ever since the Beginning, because it has been
programmed into the original Creation by our most awesome Creator; but
always within the genetic limits of a reproducing species.
Unfortunately for you there is no evidence for any purported gods.
That's a LIE

https://lifeteen.com/blog/are-you-there-god-5-ways-to-prove-god-exists/

http://gradresources.org/evidence-for-gods-existence/

https://www.allaboutphilosophy.org/proof-that-god-exists-faq.htm

http://www.peterkreeft.com/topics-more/20_arguments-gods-existence.htm
Davej
And when was "the Beginning?" How many years ago was that?
Tim
You're confusing evolution - a science with religion - a fantasy.
JTEM
2018-02-15 14:40:20 UTC
Post by Atlatl Axolotl
What Darwin did was not to introduce the concept; what Darwin did
was to propose a plausible mechanism.
It was Mendel who came up with the mechanism.

Darwin was an idiot and a plagiarist. He mostly
stole from Wallace but his "Mechanism" for
evolution (i.e. "Pangenesis") was plagiarized
from Lamarckism.

-- --

Malcolm McMahon
2018-02-15 11:08:21 UTC
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_evolutionary_thought
Actually the first recorded evolutionist that I know of was the Greek philosopher Anaxemander https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaximander about 600BC.

Though we only know him through later philosophers he considered humans just another species.
b***@m.nu
2018-02-15 13:53:52 UTC
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_evolutionary_thought
Of course he was not you idiot fuck, he was the first to go out and
find proof of it and then publish his findings.
v***@gmail.com
2018-02-15 14:15:12 UTC
Post by b***@m.nu
Post by v***@gmail.com
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_evolutionary_thought
Of course he was not you idiot fuck, he was the first to go out and
find proof of it and then publish his findings.
That's a lie

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transmutation_of_species
hypatiab7
2018-02-15 15:19:34 UTC