Why Do Orthodox Jewish Synagogues Separate Men and Women?
Add Reply
Joe Bruno
2017-03-05 14:56:38 UTC
I used to think it was just tradition, but I was wrong.
Their theory is that women will distract the men from devotion to prayer.
If an attractive women sits next to a man, he will be looking at her, not at his prayer book. It makes sense.
Tim
2017-03-05 16:08:07 UTC
That's a big if, big nose.
A***@yahoo.com
What's Pinocchio have to do with your emotionalism. Take a break.
Tim
2017-03-06 15:53:04 UTC
Post by Joe Bruno
I used to think it was just tradition, but I was wrong.
Their theory is that women will distract the men from devotion to prayer.
If an attractive women sits next to a man, he will be looking at her, not at his prayer book. It makes sense.
That's a big if, big nose.
What's Pinocchio have to do with my emotionalism.
You tell me, donkey brain. But you have to use a proper sentence.
I need a break.
Try your neck, donkey brain.
Parsifal
2017-03-05 17:44:28 UTC
From the Jewish women I've met, this should not be an issue.
Joe Bruno
2017-03-05 18:10:23 UTC
Post by Parsifal
Post by Joe Bruno
I used to think it was just tradition, but I was wrong.
Their theory is that women will distract the men from devotion to prayer.
If an attractive women sits next to a man, he will be looking at her, not at his prayer book. It makes sense.
From the Jewish women I've met, this should not be an issue.
How about Liz Taylor?
Joe Bruno
2017-03-05 18:12:41 UTC
Post by Joe Bruno
Post by Parsifal
Post by Joe Bruno
I used to think it was just tradition, but I was wrong.
Their theory is that women will distract the men from devotion to prayer.
If an attractive women sits next to a man, he will be looking at her, not at his prayer book. It makes sense.
From the Jewish women I've met, this should not be an issue.
How about Liz Taylor?
Here she is:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Taylor
Tim
2017-03-05 21:50:40 UTC
Post by Joe Bruno
Post by Parsifal
Post by Joe Bruno
I used to think it was just tradition, but I was wrong.
Their theory is that women will distract the men from devotion to prayer.
If an attractive women sits next to a man, he will be looking at her, not at his prayer book. It makes sense.
From the Jewish women I've met, this should not be an issue.
How about Liz Taylor?
She converted after she was old and washed out.
Joe Bruno
She converted in 1955
Parsifal
2017-03-06 21:46:31 UTC
Post by Joe Bruno
Post by Parsifal
Post by Joe Bruno
I used to think it was just tradition, but I was wrong.
Their theory is that women will distract the men from devotion to prayer.
If an attractive women sits next to a man, he will be looking at her, not at his prayer book. It makes sense.
From the Jewish women I've met, this should not be an issue.
How about Liz Taylor?
Converts don't count. Face it, Jewish women are some damn ugly creatures.
Kevrob
2017-03-07 00:37:40 UTC
Post by Parsifal
Post by Joe Bruno
Post by Parsifal
Post by Joe Bruno
I used to think it was just tradition, but I was wrong.
Their theory is that women will distract the men from devotion to prayer.
If an attractive women sits next to a man, he will be looking at her, not at his prayer book. It makes sense.
From the Jewish women I've met, this should not be an issue.
How about Liz Taylor?
Converts don't count. Face it, Jewish women are some damn ugly creatures.
This is nonsense. Check this IMDB list.

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls051080020/

2017-03-07 04:00:26 UTC
Post by Parsifal
Post by Joe Bruno
Post by Parsifal
Post by Joe Bruno
I used to think it was just tradition, but I was wrong.
Their theory is that women will distract the men from devotion to prayer.
If an attractive women sits next to a man, he will be looking at her,
not at his prayer book. It makes sense.
From the Jewish women I've met, this should not be an issue.
How about Liz Taylor?
Converts don't count. Face it, Jewish women are some damn ugly creatures.
This is nonsense. Check this IMDB list.
http://www.imdb.com/list/ls051080020/
What a load of dogs <giggle>.
--
JD

"May your winter feast be an orgy of delight"
-- The Big Furry, Late Show with Stephen
Colbert
h***@gmail.com
2017-03-07 07:55:14 UTC
Post by Parsifal
Post by Joe Bruno
Post by Parsifal
Post by Joe Bruno
I used to think it was just tradition, but I was wrong.
Their theory is that women will distract the men from devotion to prayer.
If an attractive women sits next to a man, he will be looking at her,
not at his prayer book. It makes sense.
From the Jewish women I've met, this should not be an issue.
How about Liz Taylor?
Converts don't count. Face it, Jewish women are some damn ugly creatures.
This is nonsense. Check this IMDB list.
http://www.imdb.com/list/ls051080020/
Wow, they seem to have dominated the Hollywood scenes...no other professions suitable for them all?
Post by Jeanne Douglas
What a load of dogs <giggle>.
Colbert
Joe Bruno
2017-03-07 02:37:43 UTC
Post by Parsifal
Post by Joe Bruno
Post by Parsifal
Post by Joe Bruno
I used to think it was just tradition, but I was wrong.
Their theory is that women will distract the men from devotion to prayer.
If an attractive women sits next to a man, he will be looking at her, not at his prayer book. It makes sense.
From the Jewish women I've met, this should not be an issue.
How about Liz Taylor?
Converts don't count.
They do to us and your opinion does not matter to us.
h***@gmail.com
2017-03-06 01:32:08 UTC
Post by Joe Bruno
I used to think it was just tradition, but I was wrong.
Their theory is that women will distract the men from devotion to prayer.
If an attractive women sits next to a man, he will be looking at her, not at his prayer book. It makes sense.
Are you saying attractive women are more powerful then a proto=pixie????

This is a message telling us that your deity is useless......sensible!
Mitchell Holman
But attractive men are not a distraction for women. Hum.......
h***@gmail.com
Hey, sure you are correct? I thought when I walked at the beach, sexy women got attracted to my sight?
Mitchell Holman
2017-03-06 03:59:13 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by Joe Bruno
I used to think it was just tradition, but I was wrong.
Their theory is that women will distract the men from devotion to
prayer. If an attractive women sits next to a man, he will be
looking at her, not at his prayer book. It makes sense.
Are you saying attractive women are more powerful then a
proto=pixie????
This is a message telling us that your deity is
useless......sensible!
But attractive men are not a distraction for women. Hum.......
Hey, sure you are correct? I thought when I walked at the beach, sexy
women got attracted to my sight?
Sure. Women ogling men is just eye candy, men
ogling women is sexist oppression.
h***@gmail.com
Yes, we are living in a world that is not sexually fair....
Joe Bruno
Nah! When you walk on the beach, your owner has you on a leash.
h***@gmail.com
Hey, you are just a jealous old man, single for life...
hypatiab7
2017-03-06 05:44:32 UTC
Just another excuse for sexist bigotry.
Christopher A. Lee
2017-03-06 05:55:08 UTC
On Sun, 5 Mar 2017 21:44:32 -0800 (PST), hypatiab7
Post by hypatiab7
Post by Joe Bruno
I used to think it was just tradition, but I was wrong.
Their theory is that women will distract the men from devotion to prayer.
If an attractive women sits next to a man, he will be looking at her, not
at his prayer book. It makes sense.
Devotion to prayer is mindless stupidity.
What did you expect? It's Mad Joe.
Joe Bruno
2017-03-06 06:28:39 UTC
Post by hypatiab7
Post by Joe Bruno
I used to think it was just tradition, but I was wrong.
Their theory is that women will distract the men from devotion to prayer.
If an attractive women sits next to a man, he will be looking at her, not
at his prayer book. It makes sense.
Devotion to prayer is mindless stupidity.
You are too much a snake to devote yourself to anything.
Just another excuse for sexist bigotry.
What did you expect? It's Mad Joe.
That was meaningless tripe, just what I expect from you.
You have the IQ of a carrot and the attention span of a gnat.
hypatiab7
You never did like the truth about anything. It's always got to be Tandyway.
Christopher A. Lee
2017-03-06 15:06:05 UTC
On Mon, 6 Mar 2017 00:28:27 -0800 (PST), hypatiab7
Post by hypatiab7
Post by hypatiab7
Post by Joe Bruno
I used to think it was just tradition, but I was wrong.
Their theory is that women will distract the men from devotion to prayer.
If an attractive women sits next to a man, he will be looking at her, not
at his prayer book. It makes sense.
Devotion to prayer is mindless stupidity.
You are too much a snake to devote yourself to anything.
Why does the moron imagine we should be impressed with "devotion to
prayer"?
Post by hypatiab7
Post by Joe Bruno
Just another excuse for sexist bigotry.
What did you expect? It's Mad Joe.
That was meaningless tripe, just what I expect from you.
You have the IQ of a carrot and the attention span of a gnat.
Projection by a religious loonie who can't allow people to have honest
reasons not to take his nonsense seriously and dismisses explanations
why - which we shouldn't even have to provide..
Post by hypatiab7
You never did like the truth about anything. It's always got to be Tandyway.
This is something I don't understand.

These morons know we are atheist, yet they talk as if we see their
religion in the same light they do themselves.

I used to know a Catholic woman who said she'd wanted to be a nun,
expecting me to think it was something special.
Joe Bruno
2017-03-06 15:12:56 UTC
Post by hypatiab7
Post by hypatiab7
You never did like the truth about anything. It's always got to be Tandyway.
This is something I don't understand.
These morons know we are atheist, yet they talk as if we see their
religion in the same light they do themselves.
No.The thing is you fucking atheists are totally ignorant of the religions you criticize. I'm trying to cure that ignorance. In your case, it's probably a waste of time.
She's doing more for humanity than you are. You're just a damn parasite.
h***@gmail.com
2017-03-07 00:46:38 UTC
Post by hypatiab7
Post by hypatiab7
You never did like the truth about anything. It's always got to be Tandyway.
This is something I don't understand.
These morons know we are atheist, yet they talk as if we see their
religion in the same light they do themselves.
No.The thing is you fucking atheists are totally ignorant of the religions you criticize. I'm trying to cure that ignorance. In your case, it's probably a waste of time.
What ignorance?
You mean a proto=pixie is real in our material world and that it can render help to human in distress?

You are not only talking nonsense, but also lie in full knowledge of your own short coming.
What does a nun do for humanity?
hypatiab7
2017-03-07 09:10:46 UTC
Post by hypatiab7
Post by Christopher A. Lee
I used to know a Catholic woman who said she'd wanted to be a nun,
expecting me to think it was something special.
She's doing more for humanity than you are. You're just a damn parasite.
No, I'm not nasty enough to tell you what I really think of you, pity troll Arthur Tandy. Yeah, I know. You don't care. But, you really do care or you wouldn't still be in alt.atheism after 13 years of total failure. You care
so much that you always have to come back here. You need us. Don't laugh.
It's true whether you accept it or not. We all know this here. We've always known it. You need us. We don't need you.
hypatiab7
2017-03-07 08:44:48 UTC
Post by hypatiab7
Post by hypatiab7
Post by Joe Bruno
I used to think it was just tradition, but I was wrong.
Their theory is that women will distract the men from devotion to prayer.
If an attractive women sits next to a man, he will be looking at her, not
at his prayer book. It makes sense.
Devotion to prayer is mindless stupidity.
You are too much a snake to devote yourself to anything.
Why does the moron imagine we should be impressed with "devotion to
prayer"?
Because he thinks it's hot stuff. And, everyone has to agree with the Tandyway.
Post by Joe Bruno
Just another excuse for sexist bigotry.
What did you expect? It's Mad Joe.
Definitely.
Post by Joe Bruno
That was meaningless tripe, just what I expect from you.
You have the IQ of a carrot and the attention span of a gnat.
Were my feelings supposed to be hurt? You've failed again, Arthur.
Post by hypatiab7
You never did like the truth about anything. It's always got to be Tandyway.
This is something I don't understand.
These morons know we are atheist, yet they talk as if we see their
religion in the same light they do themselves.
You just have to accept it as part of their religious programming. They
can't help themselves. They have to accept what they're taught, no matter
how stupid it is. It's just the way religious fanatics are. Occasionally,
they can fight their way through the programming, and that has nothing to
do with intelligence. Most can't. The religious programming has destroyed
their ability to think for themselves. Fear and ignorance keep them trapped.
I have a formerly Jewish friend who became Episcoplian. She told me years ago that she wanted to be a nun. I knew she was talking through her hat. She was.
Christopher A. Lee
2017-03-07 14:51:59 UTC
On Tue, 7 Mar 2017 00:44:48 -0800 (PST), hypatiab7
Post by hypatiab7
Post by Christopher A. Lee
I used to know a Catholic woman who said she'd wanted to be a nun,
expecting me to think it was something special.
I have a formerly Jewish friend who became Episcoplian. She told me
years ago that she wanted to be a nun. I knew she was talking through
her hat. She was.
This woman was raised Hindu, and converted, When she was a student,
her bicycle's front wheel hit a stone and buckled, sending her over
the handlebars.

A nun came to her aid and told her Jesus had saved her.

I had a similar accident when I was a student. I tucked my head down,
landed on my shoulder blades and rolled so I wasn't hurt, No miracle
and no Jesus.
Joe Bruno
You ain't worth saving. I normally oppose abortion, but I'd make an exception in your case.
Tim
You were an abortion, you just crawled out of the bucket.
Joe Bruno
At least I know enough not to connect 2 sentences with a comma.ROTFL!
Tim
The comma stands for and, idiot. Learn some grammar.
Evolve This
2017-03-08 16:40:18 UTC
Post by Joe Bruno
Post by Tim
You were an abortion, you just crawled out of the bucket.
At least I know enough not to connect 2 sentences with a comma.ROTFL!
I do. Why are those grammar rules so important to him while faggots, queers and lesbians trample upon some societal rules that God Himself laid down for us to follow?

FEEL FREE TO CONNECT TWO SENTENCES WITH A COMMA, JEW. LATIN BELONGS TO US. HEBREW BELONGS TO YOU.
Joe Bruno
2017-03-08 16:46:28 UTC
Post by Evolve This
Post by Joe Bruno
Post by Tim
You were an abortion, you just crawled out of the bucket.
At least I know enough not to connect 2 sentences with a comma.ROTFL!
I do. Why are those grammar rules so important to him while faggots, queers and lesbians trample upon some societal rules that God Himself laid down for us to follow?
FEEL FREE TO CONNECT TWO SENTENCES WITH A COMMA, JEW. LATIN BELONGS TO US. HEBREW BELONGS TO YOU.
Nyet. Te znayesch nichto y gavoresch erunde.Eta po-rooski.

h***@gmail.com
It is more meaningful if you tell your mama that you should be aborted when she was alive.
Joe Bruno
2017-03-07 13:15:46 UTC
Post by Joe Bruno
I used to think it was just tradition, but I was wrong.
Their theory is that women will distract the men from devotion to prayer.
If an attractive women sits next to a man, he will be looking at her, not
at his prayer book. It makes sense.
Devotion to prayer is mindless stupidity.
You are too much a snake to devote yourself to anything.
Why does the moron imagine we should be impressed with "devotion to
prayer"?
I said that because I was explaining Orthodox policy, not to impress you.
I have zero respect for you and that flaky bitch. Impressing you would be a waste of my time. Your opinion means nothing to me.
Jeanne Douglas
2017-03-06 09:43:55 UTC
Post by hypatiab7
Post by Joe Bruno
I used to think it was just tradition, but I was wrong.
Their theory is that women will distract the men from devotion to prayer.
If an attractive women sits next to a man, he will be looking at her, not
at his prayer book. It makes sense.
Hmmm, sounds exactly like the reason for the burka.

It's always the woman's fault, never the fault of men who can't control
their hormones.

Colbert
Joe Bruno
It has nothing to do with you. You're too butt ugly for any guy to look at.
hypatiab7
2017-03-06 08:41:33 UTC
Post by Joe Bruno
Post by hypatiab7
Post by Joe Bruno
I used to think it was just tradition, but I was wrong.
Their theory is that women will distract the men from devotion to prayer.
If an attractive women sits next to a man, he will be looking at her, not at his prayer book. It makes sense.
Just another excuse for sexist bigotry.
It has nothing to do with you. You're too butt ugly for any guy to look at.
Anyone can respond in a non-moderated newsgroup. Unfortunately, that includes
trolls like you.

Women are not seated separately from men in synagogue due to men being unable to control themselves. They are seated separately because that is the sexist
Orthodox Jewish way. Women are looked down on. In matters of religion, they
have no say.
Joe Bruno
You never practiced any form of Judaism, so you don't know shit about it.
h***@gmail.com
H7 is talking about the common knowledge which you lack.
Christopher A. Lee
2017-03-06 15:13:18 UTC
On Mon, 6 Mar 2017 00:41:33 -0800 (PST), hypatiab7
Post by hypatiab7
Post by Joe Bruno
Post by hypatiab7
Post by Joe Bruno
I used to think it was just tradition, but I was wrong.
Their theory is that women will distract the men from devotion to prayer.
If an attractive women sits next to a man, he will be looking at her, not at his prayer book. It makes sense.
Just another excuse for sexist bigotry.
It has nothing to do with you. You're too butt ugly for any guy to look at.
Anyone can respond in a non-moderated newsgroup. Unfortunately, that includes
trolls like you.
Women are not seated separately from men in synagogue due to men being
unable to control themselves. They are seated separately because that is the sexist
Orthodox Jewish way. Women are looked down on. In matters of religion, they
have no say.
Remember the Orthodox Jewish bus company that operated a franchise
under the Aegis of New York's Metropolitan Transport Authority, and
made women sit at the back?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/20/nyregion/bus-segregation-of-jewish-women-prompts-review.html
Was that anything to do with "devotion to prayer"?
Joe Bruno
2017-03-06 15:45:21 UTC
Post by hypatiab7
Post by Joe Bruno
Post by hypatiab7
Post by Joe Bruno
[...]
It might, since Orthodox men carry a prayer book with them everyplace they go. They read it whenever they can.

Never before have I seen a person so proud of his ignorance as you are.
Most people who are ignorant are ashamed of it, but not you. You wouldn't have it any other way. In that respect, you are very much like the rednecks in the Ku Klux Klan.
Jeanne Douglas
2017-03-06 20:50:51 UTC
Post by hypatiab7
Post by Joe Bruno
Post by hypatiab7
Post by Joe Bruno
[...]
Not to mention the flights to Europe that couldn't take off because
Orthodox Jewish men refused to sit next to women.

Colbert
We Will Always Hang FagZ And Castrate Jews
2017-03-06 22:44:21 UTC
Was that anything to do with "devotion to prayer"?
Not to mention the flights to Europe that couldn't take off because
Orthodox Jewish men refused to sit next to women.
Why not? You can mention it If you want. We don't care....
Colbert
Jeanne Douglas
2017-03-06 23:25:22 UTC
Post by We Will Always Hang FagZ And Castrate Jews
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Was that anything to do with "devotion to prayer"?
Not to mention the flights to Europe that couldn't take off because
Orthodox Jewish men refused to sit next to women.
Why not? You can mention it If you want. We don't care....
Who's this "we" you're talking about?

Colbert
hypatiab7
2017-03-07 09:19:13 UTC
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Was that anything to do with "devotion to prayer"?
Not to mention the flights to Europe that couldn't take off because
Orthodox Jewish men refused to sit next to women.
Why not? You can mention it If you want. We don't care....
Who's this "we" you're talking about?
Cody always refers to himself as 'we'. He must think he's the royal plural.
He never answers your question (no matter who asks it) because he is only himself. There is no 'we' outside of himself.
Smiler
2017-03-08 04:48:21 UTC
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Was that anything to do with "devotion to prayer"?
Not to mention the flights to Europe that couldn't take off because
Orthodox Jewish men refused to sit next to women.
Why not? You can mention it If you want. We don't care....
Who's this "we" you're talking about?
Cody always refers to himself as 'we'. He must think he's the royal plural.
He never answers your question (no matter who asks it) because he is
only himself. There is no 'we' outside of himself.
The "we" is Cody and all his multiple socks. The MPD is strong in him.
--
Smiler,
The godless one. a.a.# 2279
h***@gmail.com
2017-03-07 00:51:32 UTC
Post by hypatiab7
Post by Joe Bruno
Post by hypatiab7
Post by Joe Bruno
[...]
It would be better if they insist not having any woman in a plane.
Colbert
Joe Bruno
2017-03-06 15:49:42 UTC
Post by Joe Bruno
Post by hypatiab7
Post by Joe Bruno
I used to think it was just tradition, but I was wrong.
Their theory is that women will distract the men from devotion to prayer.
If an attractive women sits next to a man, he will be looking at her, not at his prayer book. It makes sense.
Just another excuse for sexist bigotry.
It has nothing to do with you. You're too butt ugly for any guy to look at.
Anyone can respond in a non-moderated newsgroup. Unfortunately, that includes
trolls like you.
Women are not seated separately from men in synagogue due to men being unable to control themselves. They are seated separately because that is the sexist
Orthodox Jewish way. Women are looked down on. In matters of religion, they
have no say.
Clickey:

The Orthodox have begun using female rabbis:

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/a-history-of-women-s-ordination-as-rabbis

Do you ever stop lying???
Joe Bruno
LOL! You call anyone who disagrees with you a troll because that's the only response your peabrain is capable of. My neighbor's dog makes more intelligent noises than you do.
h***@gmail.com
But it is a universal fact that any woman when young will be chased after relentlessly and you have no knowledge about h7, just insult.
A***@yahoo.com
Has nothing to do with it.
Joe Bruno
2017-03-06 15:09:42 UTC
Post by A***@yahoo.com
Post by hypatiab7
Post by Joe Bruno
I used to think it was just tradition, but I was wrong.
Their theory is that women will distract the men from devotion to prayer.
If an attractive women sits next to a man, he will be looking at her, not at his prayer book. It makes sense.
Just another excuse for sexist bigotry.
Has nothing to do with it.
ROTFL! The women in Orthodox shuls get seats just as good as the men get. They just sit in a different section. She's full of crap as usual.BTW, the Orthodox
have begun using female rabbis. My statement above was not correct.
Your Founding Fathers Erred
2017-03-06 15:20:14 UTC
We, Muslims, separate women too. But some sluts from the Feminists crowd used to complain that it was segregation and discrimination which should be remedied. But we paid NO mind to those American sluts, though Trinitarian Catholics under the pope did.
Joe Bruno
Those women probably wanted to sit with the men so they could get attention and maybe snag a husband.
We Will Always Hang FagZ And Castrate Jews
That could be it, as it happened so frequently among protestant congregants. The women there go look for husband in church when she has been overused by others, and no one in his right mind would want her. Only God wants her wrinkles.
h***@gmail.com
2017-03-07 00:48:49 UTC
Post by Joe Bruno
I used to think it was just tradition, but I was wrong.
Their theory is that women will distract the men from devotion to prayer.
If an attractive women sits next to a man, he will be looking at her, not at his prayer book. It makes sense.
We, Muslims, separate women too. But some sluts from the Feminists crowd used to complain that it was segregation and discrimination which should be remedied. But we paid NO mind to those American sluts, though Trinitarian Catholics under the pope did.
Non-believing nations have women sitting next to men without problem, because their men are not animals.