Jesus delivers
2018-06-14 02:01:43 UTC
My concession to low-fat eating regarding cheese is to make my
own pizza. I bought a pizza stone, and after getting dough at
the store, sauce it and add the toppings myself. I can limit the
cheese to a reasonable amount, and add as much fresh veg to it
as I please. They aren't equal to the best pizzeria pizza, but
I'd stand them up against the middle of the pack, and they beat
Domino's or Pizza Hut all hollow. No waiting for the delivery
guy, either! And, if I want anchovies, I have anchovies. (I rinse
them to lower the salt level, though.)
Why do you buy the dough? We actually make it ourselves -- it takes
only 15-20 minutes. Usually, we make a batch large enough for three to
four meals, portion them, and freeze what we don't use that evening.
The flavour and texture really is quite superior. Although I must
admit, we have not yet progressed to the level of Italian mastery where
a pizza dough spends most of its time being tossed in the air....
Another trick is to make white pizzas. Leaving out the tomato also
reduces the use of cheese, I have found. A few slices of mozzarella or
goat's cheese is all it takes, as opposed to the usual handfuls of mixed
cheese....
Jesus delivers

https://imgflip.com/i/2c6tyn

FUN & COLORFUL