Believing something without evidence is obviously a fool's path.
Add Reply
Michael Christ
2017-12-03 21:17:10 UTC
I told a young married friend of mine that you can't believe something
without the evidence.

Recently this first time father had triplets with his wife so we agreed
that since he did not have the evidence to raise the children as a good
father, he thought, and wisely so, to deliver the children to the local
orphanage for a proper upbringing.

Obviously this path is the only true path open to him if he wanted to be
a honest atheist, and not be one of those superficial contradictory
bullshitting ones.

Thank you.

Michael Christ
Miloch
2017-12-03 22:02:35 UTC
Post by Michael Christ
I told a young married friend of mine that you can't believe something
without the evidence.
Recently this first time father had triplets with his wife so we agreed
that since he did not have the evidence to raise the children as a good
father, he thought, and wisely so, to deliver the children to the local
orphanage for a proper upbringing.
Obviously this path is the only true path open to him if he wanted to be
a honest atheist, and not be one of those superficial contradictory
bullshitting ones.
Thank you.
Michael Christ
You're talking about a 'hunch'..."a feeling or guess based on intuition rather
than known facts"

Cain killed Abel because he had a 'hunch' God liked Abel more

Delilah cuts Samson's hair because she had a 'hunch' it would make him weaker

North Korea continues its nuclear testing because they have a 'hunch' the
Trumperoonie will do nothing

Flynn cooperates with Mueller because he has a 'hunch' he's headed for the
slammer

*
Michael Christ
2017-12-03 22:39:25 UTC
Michael Christ says...
Post by Miloch
Post by Michael Christ
I told a young married friend of mine that you can't believe something
without the evidence.
Recently this first time father had triplets with his wife so we agreed
that since he did not have the evidence to raise the children as a good
father, he thought, and wisely so, to deliver the children to the local
orphanage for a proper upbringing.
Obviously this path is the only true path open to him if he wanted to be
a honest atheist, and not be one of those superficial contradictory
bullshitting ones.
Thank you.
You're talking about a 'hunch'..."a feeling or guess based on intuition rather
than known facts"
In the atheist handbook of 'don't know' it says, you cannot base fact on
a 'hunch'. Thou must have proof and scientific evidence, Miloch!!!

The only way for an atheist with a brain to live is to stop what they
are doing right now, because if they move it will involve a lack of
proof and scientific evidence. I mean, what if they want to take a
crap? Well, true to the faith, there is no proof, no evidence that they
will make the crapper on time.

You see, it is so simple??

No need to thank me.

Michael Christ

PS Actually the truth is, they stand in their own crap all the time.
slammer
Kevrob
2017-12-03 23:27:19 UTC
Post by Michael Christ
Michael Christ says...
Post by Miloch
Cain killed Abel because he had a 'hunch' God liked Abel more
Delilah cuts Samson's hair because she had a 'hunch' it would make him weaker
North Korea continues its nuclear testing because they have a 'hunch' the
Trumperoonie will do nothing
Flynn cooperates with Mueller because he has a 'hunch' he's headed for the
slammer
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Equivocation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equivocation

"fallacy of equivocation," Miley.

If I "believed" I woudn't be a good father, that would be me
making a judgment based on my estimate of my abilities and
personal qualities. Many a new father has feared this,
while those who know them are much more certain that they
will measure up to the task.

Your story sounds made up, as in what universe would Dad alone be able
to get those children away from their presumably healthy, presumably
sane mother, and into the hands of....an orphanage?

There aren't really too many of those left in the US.
They've been largely replaced.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orphanage#United_States

"I believe it will be busy at work tomorrow" is equivalent
to "given that in all previous years, this part of December
tends to have a lot of customer traffic and sales, so if
there is no extraordinarily different set of circumstances.
Dec 2017 will likely be busy, also."

It isn't a claim about knowledge, but an extrapolation based
on experience. What it isn't is augury, astrology, making
a novena, lighting a candle, "The Law of Attraction," Josh
blessing your business as a sign of your election, cleromancy,
reading tea leaves, or the result of your sacrifice to Hermes.

Doing philosophy requires using univocal terms honestly.

Trolls like you are rarely honest, that way.

Kevin R
Michael Christ
2017-12-04 06:20:55 UTC
Post by Michael Christ
Michael Christ says...
Post by Miloch
Cain killed Abel because he had a 'hunch' God liked Abel more
Delilah cuts Samson's hair because she had a 'hunch' it would make him weaker
North Korea continues its nuclear testing because they have a 'hunch' the
Trumperoonie will do nothing
Flynn cooperates with Mueller because he has a 'hunch' he's headed for the
slammer
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Equivocation
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equivocation
"fallacy of equivocation," Miley.
If I "believed" I woudn't be a good father, that would be me
making a judgment based on my estimate of my abilities and
personal qualities. Many a new father has feared this,
while those who know them are much more certain that they
will measure up to the task.
No proof, you just have belief! And according to you dickheads, belief
ain't proof or scientific evidence.
Post by Kevrob
Your story sounds made up, as in what universe would Dad alone be able
to get those children away from their presumably healthy, presumably
sane mother, and into the hands of....an orphanage?
You are missing the point by a mile. It is about the bullshit reasoning
of the atheist, which you have aptly demonstrated in this post.

If you are true to what you claim to be then you would not even attempt
being a father because you have no proof, no irrefutable scientific
evidence that you would be a good one!

And if you were to embark on being one, then you are a hypocrite to your
cause and have none of that human dignity you people claim to have,
because you are putting a baby's life at risk for your own self-indulgence.

You need to start thinking, boy.
Post by Kevrob
There aren't really too many of those left in the US.
They've been largely replaced.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orphanage#United_States
"I believe it will be busy at work tomorrow" is equivalent
to "given that in all previous years, this part of December
tends to have a lot of customer traffic and sales, so if
there is no extraordinarily different set of circumstances.
Dec 2017 will likely be busy, also."
No proof, no irrefutable evidence, you just have belief based on a
possibility or a probability!

You big mouthed geniuses don't understand the simplest of things!
Post by Kevrob
It isn't a claim about knowledge, but an extrapolation based
on experience.
And extrapolation based on personal experience of a fallible human being
is...not...proof and is not scientific **evidence**!!

You are trying to water down the reality to justify fatally flawed
atheist reasoning.
Post by Kevrob
What it isn't is augury, astrology, making
a novena, lighting a candle, "The Law of Attraction," Josh
blessing your business as a sign of your election, cleromancy,
reading tea leaves, or the result of your sacrifice to Hermes.
Doing philosophy requires using univocal terms honestly.
What a load of crap! You decide based on what you believe and your
standards of honesty, your extrapolation??!! You think that equates to
scientific evidence, to proof?? You are verbally wanking.
Post by Kevrob
Trolls like you are rarely honest, that way.
Kevin R
You people are full of shit and can't comprehend the baby things of life
and truth...as you reveal so clearly.

Michael Christ
Smiler
2017-12-05 19:53:44 UTC
Post by Michael Christ
Post by Kevrob
Post by Michael Christ
Michael Christ says...
Post by Kevrob
Your story sounds made up, as in what universe would Dad alone be able
to get those children away from their presumably healthy, presumably
sane mother, and into the hands of....an orphanage?
You are missing the point by a mile. It is about the bullshit reasoning
of the atheist, which you have aptly demonstrated in this post.
If you are true to what you claim to be then you would not even attempt
being a father because you have no proof, no irrefutable scientific
evidence that you would be a good one!
And, likewise, no proof, no irrefutable scientific evidence that you would
be a bad one!
Post by Michael Christ
And if you were to embark on being one, then you are a hypocrite to your
cause and have none of that human dignity you people claim to have,
because you are putting a baby's life at risk for your own
self-indulgence.
You evidence that he would be putting a baby's life at risk is what,
exactly?
Post by Michael Christ
You need to start thinking, boy.
You first.
Post by Michael Christ
Post by Kevrob
There aren't really too many of those left in the US.
They've been largely replaced.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orphanage#United_States
"I believe it will be busy at work tomorrow" is equivalent to "given
that in all previous years, this part of December tends to have a lot
of customer traffic and sales, so if there is no extraordinarily
different set of circumstances.
Dec 2017 will likely be busy, also."
No proof, no irrefutable evidence, you just have belief based on a
possibility or a probability!
And experience.
Post by Michael Christ
You big mouthed geniuses don't understand the simplest of things!
You big mouthed idiots don't understand the simplest of things!
Post by Michael Christ
Post by Kevrob
It isn't a claim about knowledge, but an extrapolation based on
experience.
And extrapolation based on personal experience of a fallible human being
is...not...proof and is not scientific **evidence**!!
Who claimed it was, liar?
Post by Michael Christ
You are trying to water down the reality to justify fatally flawed
atheist reasoning.
You are denying reality to justify fatally flawed theist 'reasoning'.
Post by Michael Christ
Post by Kevrob
What it isn't is augury, astrology, making a novena, lighting a candle,
"The Law of Attraction," Josh blessing your business as a sign of your
election, cleromancy, reading tea leaves, or the result of your
sacrifice to Hermes.
Doing philosophy requires using univocal terms honestly.
What a load of crap! You decide based on what you believe and your
standards of honesty, your extrapolation??!! You think that equates to
scientific evidence, to proof?? You are verbally wanking.
Says the mental masturbater.
--
Smiler,
The godless one. a.a.# 2279

Michael Christ
2017-12-06 00:06:33 UTC
Post by Michael Christ
Post by Kevrob
Post by Michael Christ
Michael Christ says...
Post by Kevrob
Your story sounds made up, as in what universe would Dad alone be able
to get those children away from their presumably healthy, presumably
sane mother, and into the hands of....an orphanage?
You are missing the point by a mile. It is about the bullshit reasoning
of the atheist, which you have aptly demonstrated in this post.
If you are true to what you claim to be then you would not even attempt
being a father because you have no proof, no irrefutable scientific
evidence that you would be a good one!
And, likewise, no proof, no irrefutable scientific evidence that you would
be a bad one!
Derrrrrrr, you are the one's that want 'proof'.

Are you awake yet??

Michael Christ wrote:>> And if you were to embark on being one, then you
are a hypocrite to your
Post by Smiler
Post by Michael Christ
cause and have none of that human dignity you people claim to have,
because you are putting a baby's life at risk for your own
self-indulgence.
You evidence that he would be putting a baby's life at risk is what,
exactly?
Wake up!

You have no 'proof' you would be a good father.
Post by Smiler
Post by Michael Christ
You need to start thinking, boy.
You first.
Dickhead, go back and read...and comprehend, don't just open your mouth
and vomit your thoughts.
Post by Smiler
Post by Michael Christ
Post by Kevrob
There aren't really too many of those left in the US.
They've been largely replaced.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orphanage#United_States
"I believe it will be busy at work tomorrow" is equivalent to "given
that in all previous years, this part of December tends to have a lot
of customer traffic and sales, so if there is no extraordinarily
different set of circumstances.
Dec 2017 will likely be busy, also."
No proof, no irrefutable evidence, you just have belief based on a
possibility or a probability!
And experience.
No proof!

Is it too complex for you??

You are hypocrites. Go back to blissfully smiling in the mirror at
yourself.

Michael Christ
Cloud Hobbit
2017-12-05 06:53:26 UTC
Mostly what we stand is the crap from people who don't belong here.

People like you.
Michael Christ
2017-12-06 00:07:34 UTC
Mostly what we stand is the crap from people who don't belong here.
People like you.
You are not the owner.

Michael Christ
GSI
2017-12-05 21:02:59 UTC
Post by Michael Christ
Michael Christ says...
Post by Miloch
Post by Michael Christ
I told a young married friend of mine that you can't believe something
without the evidence.
Recently this first time father had triplets with his wife so we agreed
that since he did not have the evidence to raise the children as a good
father, he thought, and wisely so, to deliver the children to the local
orphanage for a proper upbringing.
"So WE agreed..." Who is the "we" Kemosabe?
What about the WIFE??? Is she not important enough to have any part
in the decision?
No one who becomes a father for the first time has any such "evidence".
Post by Michael Christ
Post by Miloch
Post by Michael Christ
Obviously this path is the only true path open to him if he wanted to be
a honest atheist, and not be one of those superficial contradictory
bullshitting ones.
Thank you.
This is a SICK post from a SICK person who clearly pulled the whole
stinking mess out of his ass.
Post by Michael Christ
Post by Miloch
You're talking about a 'hunch'..."a feeling or guess based on intuition rather
than known facts"
In the atheist handbook of 'don't know' it says, you cannot base fact
on a 'hunch'. Thou must have proof and scientific evidence, Miloch!!!
The only way for an atheist with a brain to live is to stop what they
are doing right now, because if they move it will involve a lack of
proof and scientific evidence. I mean, what if they want to take a
crap? Well, true to the faith, there is no proof, no evidence that
they will make the crapper on time.
You see, it is so simple??
No need to thank me.
Michael Christ
PS Actually the truth is, they stand in their own crap all the time.
The real TRUTH is that STUPID PEOPLE, like Michael Christ, hate the
intelligent, many of whom are atheists, and will construct elaborate piles
of shit like the above posts to make atheists "wrong", and themselves
"right", and "superior". Most of modern "conservative" "christianity" is
based on hatred of the intelligent and liberal by stupid people who USE
a phony christianity to support their egos.
Michael Christ
2017-12-05 21:21:10 UTC
Post by Michael Christ
Michael Christ says...
Post by Michael Christ
Post by Michael Christ
Post by Miloch
[...]
You have shown no intelligence in your reply to this post, Itchy. In
fact, you have shown ignorance and stupidity.

Michael Christ
RE
2017-12-03 23:19:04 UTC
Post by Miloch
Post by Michael Christ
I told a young married friend of mine that you can't believe something
without the evidence.
Recently this first time father had triplets with his wife so we agreed
that since he did not have the evidence to raise the children as a good
father, he thought, and wisely so, to deliver the children to the local
orphanage for a proper upbringing.
Obviously this path is the only true path open to him if he wanted to be
a honest atheist, and not be one of those superficial contradictory
bullshitting ones.
Thank you.
Michael Christ
You're talking about a 'hunch'..."a feeling or guess based on intuition rather
than known facts"
Cain killed Abel because he had a 'hunch' God liked Abel more
But how do you know that Cain killed Abel? The Bible is just a book
written by men; many an atheist claims it is fictional, so what evidence
do you have to support that claim?
It ain't no hunch...
Miloch
2017-12-04 02:05:09 UTC
Post by RE
Post by Miloch
North Korea continues its nuclear testing because they have a 'hunch' the
Trumperoonie will do nothing
what evidence do you have to support that claim?
Are you kidding!! With a doofus haircut like his, you just know Kim Jong-un is
guilty of something....I MEAN JUST LOOK AT 'IM! Would you allow your daughter to
go out on a blind date with someone who looked like that?

Warriors lead Miami 108 to 81
*
It ain't no hunch...
RE
It ain't no hunch...
duke
2017-12-04 12:13:41 UTC
Post by RE
Post by Miloch
Post by Michael Christ
[...]
How do you know Cain didn't kill Abel? You're rejecting the only evidence.

The Catholic Church is like a thick steak, a glass of red wine
and a good cigar.

G.K. Chesterton
2017-12-04 17:52:35 UTC
How do you know Cain didn't kill Abel? You're rejecting the only evidence.

the dukester, American-Idiot
________________

Since the OT is so full of fiction there is little in it that can be used as evidence.

There is no reason to believe that Cain and Abel ever really existed. The Adam and Eve story certainly has no supporting evidence.

Do keep up the effort that you and your fellow trolls have been doing to insure your faith based bullshit will die and the world become more and more atheist because of it.

It should surprise nobody that theism is most strong amongst people with the least amount of education. Those places where theism is strongest also tend to be the poorest precisely because of how theism dominated their history and their present.

Nothing has done more harm to humanity than bad philosophy.
Theism, belief based on nothing is a philosophy and it is bad for you. It smacks of people who wanted to find something to explain what at the time seemed inexplicable.
TheRealMccoy
2017-12-04 17:57:43 UTC
the world become more and more atheist because of it.
Your sockpuppet posts in one usenet group?

You are severely deluded.
Cloud Hobbit
2017-12-04 18:14:38 UTC
I have no sockpuppets.
TheRealMccoy
So your word, as usual and proven time and time again, is worthless.
Smiler
2017-12-05 19:56:58 UTC
Post by TheRealMccoy
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by TheRealMccoy
Post by Cloud Hobbit
the world become more and more atheist because of it.
Your sockpuppet posts in one usenet group?
You are severely deluded.
I have no sockpuppets.
So your word, as usual and proven time and time again, is worthless.
What evidence do you have to doubt him, insane convicted criminal Yost?
--
Smiler,
The godless one. a.a.# 2279

2017-12-06 05:12:01 UTC
So your word, as usual and proven time and time again, is worthless.
_________

Proven by whom?

How?

You have proven you wish to be treated like a mental patient.
A bona fide tinfoil hat wearing dipshit who belongs in a rubber room, so excuse me if I tell you in all seriousness, you are full of shit.

You're a spamming beggar and insane excon who thinks he flies around in flying saucers.

You are in no position to talk about anyone's worth or their word.

Just hop back on the saucer and FUCK the he'll of psycho convict Yost.
duke
2017-12-05 21:59:55 UTC
How do you know Cain didn't kill Abel? You're rejecting the only evidence.
Since the OT is so full of fiction there is little in it that can be used as evidence.
The fight between cain and abel are prehistory.
Post by duke
There is no reason to believe that Cain and Abel ever really existed. The Adam and Eve story certainly has no supporting evidence.
Then why are you pushing the details.

2017-12-06 02:51:14 UTC
The fight between cain and abel are prehistory.

No, it's not any kind of history.
It's a myth.
Bob
2017-12-06 03:59:52 UTC
Post by Cloud Hobbit
There is no reason to believe that Cain and Abel ever really
existed. The Adam and Eve story certainly has no supporting
evidence.
No one is telling you that you have to believe it.

In fact, I'm telling you that you cannot believe it.

It's impossible for you to believe it's true, being an unregenerate.

And, here's the important part that you keep missing:
God doesn't want you to believe it.

It's not meant for you to believe, so just keep moving.

"So then he has mercy on whomever he wills, and he hardens whomever he
wills. You will say to me then, 'Why does he still find fault? For who can
resist his will?' But who are you, O man, to answer back to God? Will
what is
molded say to its molder, 'Why have you made me like this?' Has the potter
no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel for
honorable
use and another for dishonorable use?"
(Romans 9:18-21)
--
The unregenerate non-elect will always believe what another unregenerate
non-elect says, whereas the regenerate elect will intrinsically recognize

Or, as the Gospel of John very concisely puts it:
"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door
but climbs in by another way, that man is a thief and a robber. But he who
enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. To him the gatekeeper
opens.
The sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them
out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes before them, and the sheep
follow him, for they know his voice. A stranger they will not follow, but
they will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers."
[John 10:1-5]
duke
2017-12-08 20:43:29 UTC
The fight between cain and abel are prehistory.
No, it's not any kind of history.
It's a myth.
If it's prehistory, how would you know?

*****
MattB
2017-12-08 20:54:15 UTC
The fight between cain and abel are prehistory.
No, it's not any kind of history.
It's a myth.
If it's prehistory, how would you know?
If it is prehistory how do you know it is accurate in the Bible?
*****
RE
2017-12-04 19:26:04 UTC
Post by RE
Post by Miloch
Post by Michael Christ
[...]
No Duke, I am not. He isn't or wasn't a believer. I'm challenging him
to see if he HAS BECOME one.
2017-12-05 13:03:30 UTC
Post by RE
Post by duke
Post by RE
Post by Miloch
Post by Michael Christ
[...]
I was referring to your comment "cain killed abel because......". (the book is
just a book).

*****
RE
2017-12-06 04:24:59 UTC
Post by RE
Post by duke
Post by RE
Post by Miloch
Post by Michael Christ
[...]
Like I told you before, it was a challenge. He once remarked that
it was a book written by senile old men. I am trying to prod his
conscience. he didn't answer and knowing him..that is a good sign.
The Catholic Church is like a thick steak, a glass of red wine
and a good cigar.
G.K. Chesterton
When will the lesson be learned!
You cannot reason with a tiger when your
head is in it's mouth!!

Sir Winston Churchill
duke
2017-12-06 13:26:01 UTC
Post by RE
Post by duke
Post by RE
Post by duke
Post by RE
Post by Miloch
Post by Michael Christ
[...]
Ok. I'm a strong believer that scripture in general is heavily spiritual and
not physical. Of course, Gen 4, "Cain and Able" is clearly referred to as
prehistory, Gen 1-11.

*****
Rod E.
2017-12-06 21:39:50 UTC
Post by RE
Post by duke
Post by RE
Post by duke
Post by RE
Post by Miloch
Post by Michael Christ
[...]
Perhaps but the farther back into history one travels
the more one learns of truth.
duke
2017-12-07 13:10:06 UTC
Post by Rod E.
Post by duke
Post by RE
Post by duke
Post by RE
Post by duke
Post by RE
Post by Miloch
Post by Michael Christ
[...]
Scripture wise, that's back to Abraham. If you go back to Genesis, you find
that there was light before stars. (if you believe it is accurate).

*****
Teresita
2017-12-07 14:47:14 UTC
Scripture wise, that's back to Abraham. If you go back to Genesis, you find
that there was light before stars. (if you believe it is accurate).
Not only that, there was water three days before there were any stars to
cook up the trans-beryllium component of water known as oxygen. But
that's to be expected from a book written by people who didn't even know
where the sun went at night.
duke
2017-12-08 20:44:51 UTC
Post by Teresita
Post by duke
Scripture wise, that's back to Abraham. If you go back to Genesis, you find
that there was light before stars. (if you believe it is accurate).
Not only that, there was water three days before there were any stars to
cook up the trans-beryllium component of water known as oxygen. But
that's to be expected from a book written by people who didn't even know
where the sun went at night.
Yep, pretty much so. Pagans before Abraham came up with this long ago.

*****
MattB
2017-12-08 21:02:26 UTC
Post by Teresita
Post by duke
Scripture wise, that's back to Abraham. If you go back to Genesis, you find
that there was light before stars. (if you believe it is accurate).
Not only that, there was water three days before there were any stars to
cook up the trans-beryllium component of water known as oxygen. But
that's to be expected from a book written by people who didn't even know
where the sun went at night.
Yep, pretty much so. Pagans before Abraham came up with this long ago.
Told you the Catholic Church was pagan 'Catholic Church condemned
Galileo in 1632 for his heretical notion that the earth was a round
globe hurtling through space about the sun'

Wasn't that heresy to the RCC???
2017-12-05 00:16:22 UTC
Post by RE
Post by Miloch
Post by Michael Christ
[...]
Considering the supposed population of the earth at the time of the
crime, it is highly unlikely that the author of the account witnessed
the act.
2017-12-05 20:04:43 UTC
Post by RE
Post by Miloch
Post by Michael Christ
[...]
You mean he wasn't there? He didn't see the corpse?
Hey, maybe it never happened?
--
Smiler,
The godless one. a.a.# 2279

2017-12-05 23:02:11 UTC
Post by RE
Post by Miloch
Post by Michael Christ
[...]
No chalk outlines were drawn or injured in the making of this myth!
servant
2017-12-04 15:36:47 UTC
The subject line has it correctly.

Waht evidence christians can sin?

1 John is the evidence. John was addressing christians and included
himself among those for whom sin was a reality:

1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship
one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth
us from all sin.

1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth
is not in us.

1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our
sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word
is not in us.

2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.
And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ
the righteous:
Robert
2017-12-04 18:43:36 UTC
Post by servant
The subject line has it correctly.
Waht evidence christians can sin?
1 John is the evidence. John was addressing christians and included
This is the reality of John the Apostle. John abided in Jesus.

1Jn 3:4  Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin
is the transgression of the law.
1Jn 3:5  And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and
in him is no sin.
1Jn 3:6  Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath
not seen him, neither known him.
1Jn 3:7  Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth
righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
1Jn 3:8  He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth
from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested,
that he might destroy the works of the devil.

God's truth can set you free, and it will if you by faith believe on
him. Let Him change you, something that you cannot do of yourself.
TheRealMccoy
2017-12-04 18:49:28 UTC
Post by Robert
Let Him change you, something that you cannot do of yourself.
2 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
servant
2017-12-04 18:53:21 UTC
Post by Robert
Post by servant
The subject line has it correctly.
Waht evidence christians can sin?
1 John is the evidence. John was addressing christians and included
This is the reality of John the Apostle. John abided in Jesus.
1Jn 3:4  Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin
is the transgression of the law.
1Jn 3:5  And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and
in him is no sin.
1Jn 3:6  Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath
not seen him, neither known him.
1Jn 3:7  Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth
righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
1Jn 3:8  He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth
from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested,
that he might destroy the works of the devil.V
very good, the very kind of verses that greatly trroubled the "born again" protestant greek experts.

They present a very clear contridiction to the 1:8 with "all sin and lie
if they say otherwise".

So taking a look at the "if abide they saw it used a greek verb form of "if
continuing".

See the same conditional "if" in the following; noting the "we/us"
including John in association with the verses. So when John says he and
other christians sin the conditional as long as they abide kicks in.

Meaning they can not at all times do the conditional "if abide", and are
liars if they claim otherwise:

the righteous:
Robert
2017-12-04 23:13:30 UTC
Post by servant
Post by Robert
Post by servant
[...]
You showed no proof of that statement. Plus I am not discussing this
with him, but you. If you cannot stand on your own two legs, spiritual
or others then why are you discussing this?
Post by servant
They present a very clear contridiction to the 1:8 with "all sin and lie
if they say otherwise".
So taking a look at the "if abide they saw it used a greek verb form of "if
continuing".
Incorrect. Whether or not you can trust God and His word, is your
problem, not mine. The word says what it says and God changes not.
There is no shadow of turning with him.

<snipped>

I explained in depth what you are trying to excuse away. Your
understanding is in error as I pointed out several times before, and
nothing has changed. I have read and understood all that you had to
offer before, a courtesy which you never extend to others.
Kevrob
2017-12-04 23:21:01 UTC
On Monday, December 4, 2017 at 6:13:30 PM UTC-5, Robert wrote:

<snip>
Post by Robert
I explained in depth what you are trying to excuse away. Your
understanding is in error as I pointed out several times before, and
nothing has changed. I have read and understood all that you had to
offer before, a courtesy which you never extend to others.
Alt.atheism doesn't care what a cross-posting....

alt.christnet.christianlife
alt.bible.prophecy
alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic
alt.bible

....proselytizing troll says.

Take it to an appropriate group.

Kevin R
servant
2017-12-04 23:40:40 UTC
Post by Robert
Post by servant
Post by Robert
Post by servant
[...]
Correction, not "him" but "them" and already posted before.
Post by Robert
Post by servant
They present a very clear contridiction to the 1:8 with "all sin and lie
if they say otherwise".
So taking a look at the "if abide they saw it used a greek verb form of "if
continuing".
Incorrect. Whether or not you can trust God and His word, is your
problem, not mine. The word says what it says and God changes not.
There is no shadow of turning with him.
Scripture here is greek not english translation.

The "born again" greek experts who saw the obviouscontridiction turned to
the more exacting andoriginal greek to see the details.
Post by Robert
<snipped>
I explained in depth what you are trying to excuse away. Your
understanding is in error as I pointed out several times before, and
nothing has changed. I have read and understood all that you had to
offer before, a courtesy which you never extend to others.
John addresses christians not those who might become so. The "we/us"
clearly includes himself; and the greek expertssay this is confirmed in the
greek grammer he uses.

Any one who would want to "excuse away" John's teaching must be first
shown more creadible then the greek experts:

the righteous:
Robert
2017-12-05 00:29:15 UTC
Post by servant
Post by Robert
Post by servant
Post by Robert
Post by servant
[...]
It matters not. I told you then that I would not be reading what you
try to say others said until after you had answered a question and
accusation you brought up.

You have been dancing ever since, without truth.

When I did ask you for the proof, that you claimed you had, it was
never shown. You have no common courtesy to extend to anyone.

You have all the rationalization skills of a well trained parrot.
klem k
2017-12-08 11:57:39 UTC
On Mon, 04 Dec 2017 16:29:15 -0800, Robert wanted to impress others as much
as he impresses himself.
snip, usual Robert tap dance.
Post by Robert
You have all the rationalization skills of a well trained parrot.
Which exceed yours based on your posting history. But as regards the
title, how does it feel to publicly admit you are a fool? Serious question
BTW. Not that anyone expects you to answer but run away.
Cloud Hobbit
2017-12-05 06:51:29 UTC
Hey Servant!

FUCK off to the proper NG.

Your God beliefs are nothing but fairy tales.
Bob
2017-12-05 11:19:02 UTC
You unsubstantiated opinions are nothing but lies.
Cloud Hobbit
2017-12-05 16:37:35 UTC
You unsubstantiated opinions are nothing but lies.
_____

Thanks for admitting you are a liar Bob.

We already knew it but as they say, confession is good for the soul.

If only such a thing as a soul existed.

Or a God.

Thanks for helping recruit more atheists by demonstrating how insane theism makes you.
Bob
2017-12-05 16:52:26 UTC
Thanks for helping recruit more atheists.
Atheists are not "recruited".

Being rejected by God makes someone an atheist.

"Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated." -Romans 9:13

Jacob was a theist. Esau was an atheist. God predestined each one's fate.

See how that works?

You're welcome.

[John 10:1-5]
Cloud Hobbit
2017-12-05 22:03:37 UTC
Post by Bob
Thanks for helping recruit more atheists.
Atheists are not "recruited".
Sure they are if they have people they are friendly with who discuss philosophy and theology with. If they are having doubts about the existence of God and are capable of objective reasoning, they can be convinced that belief in God is nonexistent. That'
That's how it happened for me.

I was never much of a theist even as a kid it all seemed more like Greek and Roman mythology. Lots of stories and no deities ever presenting themselves.
Post by Bob
Being rejected by God makes someone an atheist.
That's your opinion.
Post by Bob
"Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated." -Romans 9:13
Jacob was a theist. Esau was an atheist. God predestined each one's fate.
See how that works?
I see that you believe it, but it is still only your opinion and you still have nothing.
Post by Bob
You're welcome.
Recruited or not, the kind of nonsense arguments that you and Art, or Duke offer do nothing to convince anyone of your version of "truth."

When rational people see the levels that theists will stoop to it can do nothing but serve as evidence that their claims are nonsense.
Thank you for making atheism more popular and helping to spread the truth about God being imaginary.
Bob
2017-12-06 02:09:32 UTC
Post by Bob
Thanks for helping recruit more atheists.
Atheists are not "recruited".
Sure they are if they have people they are friendly with who discuss
philosophy and theology with. If they are having doubts about the
existence of God and are capable of objective reasoning, they can be
convinced that belief in God is nonexistent.
If they have been rejected, and are therefore hated by God then you can
make them believe anything you want.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
That's how it happened for me.
I don't doubt that for a second. Q.E.D.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by Bob
Being rejected by God makes someone an atheist.
That's your opinion.
But I'm not the only one.
Billions of other people have the selfsame opinion.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by Bob
"Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated." -Romans 9:13
Jacob was a theist. Esau was an atheist. God predestined each one's fate.
See how that works?
I see that you believe it, but it is still only your opinion.
But I'm not the only one.
And we all have the same reason to know that it's true,
and not just an opinion.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Thank you for making atheism more popular and helping to spread the
truth about God being imaginary.
Yes, God can use what I say here to draw those whom he has chosen to be his
elect into Christianity. Just as he can use my words to keep all others from
becoming a Christian.

God decides who will go where, not us.

[John 10:1-5]
Olrik
2017-12-05 04:30:32 UTC
Post by Robert
Post by servant
Post by servant
They present a very clear contridiction to the 1:8 with "all sin and lie
if they say otherwise".
So taking a look at the "if abide they saw it used a greek verb form of "if
continuing".
Incorrect. Whether or not you can trust God and His word, is your
problem, not mine. The word says what it says and God changes not.
There is no shadow of turning with him.
<snipped>
I explained in depth what you are trying to excuse away. Your
understanding is in error as I pointed out several times before, and
nothing has changed. I have read and understood all that you had to
offer before, a courtesy which you never extend to others.
Please you kooks fight in your own newsgroups. We in a.a. are trying to
keep our ng wholesome.
--
Olrik
aa #1981
EAC Chief Food Inspector, Bacon Division
Michael Christ
2017-12-05 05:03:52 UTC
Post by Olrik
Post by Robert
Post by servant
Post by servant
They present a very clear contridiction to the 1:8 with "all sin and lie
if they say otherwise".
So taking a look at the "if abide they saw it used a greek verb form of "if
continuing".
Incorrect. Whether or not you can trust God and His word, is your
problem, not mine. The word says what it says and God changes not.
There is no shadow of turning with him.
<snipped>
I explained in depth what you are trying to excuse away. Your
understanding is in error as I pointed out several times before, and
nothing has changed. I have read and understood all that you had to
offer before, a courtesy which you never extend to others.
Please you kooks fight in your own newsgroups. We in a.a. are trying to
keep our ng wholesome.
But Raven1 called it a cesspool?? Who is telling the truth??

Or is it a case of you believe this, he believes that, and you have no
proof??

Michael Christ
Olrik
2017-12-05 05:17:59 UTC
Post by Olrik
Post by Robert
Post by servant
Post by servant
[...]
Care to stay focused on this thread?

Many thanks!
Michael Christ
2017-12-05 07:47:15 UTC
Post by Olrik
Post by Olrik
Post by Robert
Post by servant
Post by servant
[...]
Its called 'context' based on your words.

Can you grasp the reality??

Michael Christ
Olrik
Michael Christ
2017-12-05 08:02:59 UTC
Post by Olrik
Post by Michael Christ
Post by Olrik
Post by Olrik
Post by Robert
Post by servant
Post by servant
[...]
The obvious one. That you believe yourself to be clever, and thus, deluded.

Michael Christ
Olrik
2017-12-05 08:12:11 UTC
Post by Michael Christ
Post by Olrik
Post by Michael Christ
Post by Olrik
Post by Olrik
Post by Robert
Post by Robert
Post by Robert
[...]
Please tell us how you personally distinguish reality from the "obvious"
reality?

Michael Christ
2017-12-05 20:00:52 UTC
Post by Olrik
Post by Michael Christ
Post by Olrik
Post by Michael Christ
Post by Olrik
Post by Olrik
Post by Robert
Post by Robert
Post by Robert
[...]
Some things (what is real) are obscure (e.g. a image in the
distance...is it a bird...is it a plane), and some things are obvious
because they are right in front of your face (e.g. you live by belief,
not proof).

Consequently, anyone asking for 'proof' is a hypocrite, and deluding
themselves with an assertion that is drowning in ignorance.

Thank you for asking.

Would you care to have a go at this...

Cloud Hobbit
2017-12-05 22:29:02 UTC
Post by Michael Christ
Post by Olrik
Post by Michael Christ
Post by Olrik
Post by Michael Christ
Post by Olrik
Post by Olrik
Post by Robert
Post by Robert
Post by Robert
[...]
Not every decision one makes has to be one requiring evidence.
Do you like Chocolate or strawberry or some other flavor. Personal preference does not require irrefutable evidence.
Deciding to accept the word of people who have been shown to be liars and who proclaim that one must believe in an invisible, unevidenced, irrational deity who has a moral code that is impossible for humans to live by is irrational.

Insisting that if you don't believe in this completely unevidenced deity you are going to be tortured for eternity is irrational and demonstrates that this alleged deity is also irrational. If we are supposed to be God's creation and God is omniscient he should have foreseen that we need more than the word of some sheepherders from 2000 years ago. He should have foreseen that just showing up at some little wide spot in the road in the mid-east would not do it for the rest of the world. God if real should have known that human beings need things to make sense, something that much of the OT does not do and he should not allow his word which is what the bible is supposed to be, be subject to interpretation. Omniscience is a trap for theists because it does not allow God the possibility of making any mistakes since he is supposed to be able to know everything, past, present, and future.

The obvious conclusion about your imaginary, omnipotent God is that he is one lazy fuck or else he would have exerted a bit more energy to make sure that people could not have doubts about its existence. it should not get pissed at us for behaving the way he designed us. He should make regular personal appearances.

George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and Christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd.

Sam Harris

"Why would anybody want to base their life and morality around the
scribblings of so many liars." -- Cloud Hobbit
Michael Christ
2017-12-06 00:45:14 UTC
Post by Michael Christ
Post by Olrik
Post by Michael Christ
Post by Olrik
Post by Michael Christ
Post by Olrik
Post by Olrik
Post by Robert
Post by Robert
Post by Robert
[...]
I have been waiting for someone to at least start thinking.

So let's see.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Do you like Chocolate or strawberry or some other flavor.
Chocolate.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Personal preference does not require irrefutable evidence.
My point is if you are a true atheist you wouldn't do anything because
you require 'proof', as nothing is based on 'proof', everything is based
on faith and belief.

Which is what you are actually attesting to above. You don't need
'proof' to like chocolate the first time you taste it, you need belief
that it is nice to eat, that it won't kill you and so on.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Deciding to accept the word of people who have been shown to be liars
Where is the proof??

Your say so??

Where is the evidence??

You are just regurgitating your own theology, like the self-righteous
run-of-the-mill bible quoting religionist.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
and who proclaim that one must believe in an invisible, unevidenced, irrational deity who has a > moral code that is impossible for humans to live by is irrational.
You want evidence??? But you don't live by evidence or proof, you live
by faith and belief.

You are being a hypocrite, like the religious assholes.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
[...]
You base your existence on what you think is not?? Is that all your
claim to fame is?? And you are the what?? The truth?? And your truth
is they are liars???

You are just talking out your arse and wanking simultaneously, you have
no right to judge people when your life is built on the same substance,
faith and belief.

Do you have proof your amazing reply to my comments will reach this
forum??? No, you don't! You have to believe and have faith in the
mechanisms in place, but you have no guarantee, no proof, and no
evidence. In fact, where is the evidence you are going to be alive
tomorrow??

All you are is a bigot and a hypocrite. Go, eat, drink and be merry, or
if you want to think about reality, then you're going to have to grow
some balls and default to an open position of rational and honest
thought and deduction.

And few there are for that, religionist and atheist alike!!

Michael Christ
Bob
2017-12-05 05:29:12 UTC
Post by Olrik
Please you kooks fight in your own newsgroups. We in a.a. are trying to
keep our ng wholesome.
<smirk>

That is funny!
Are you thinking about doing a stand-up comedy routine?
That would be a good opening line.
Miloch
2017-12-05 06:38:36 UTC
Post by Olrik
Post by Robert
Post by servant
Post by servant
The subject line has it correctly.
So taking a look at the "if abide they saw it used a greek verb form of "if
continuing".
Incorrect. Whether or not you can trust God and His word, is your
problem, not mine. The word says what it says and God changes not.
There is no shadow of turning with him.
<snipped>
I explained in depth what you are trying to excuse away. Your
understanding is in error as I pointed out several times before, and
nothing has changed. I have read and understood all that you had to
offer before, a courtesy which you never extend to others.
Please you kooks fight in your own newsgroups. We in a.a. are trying to
keep our ng wholesome.
Alcoholics Anonymous used to be 'wholesome' until it was discovered that the 12
steps could really be accomplished in just 10.

*
Kevrob
2017-12-04 19:28:51 UTC
Post by Robert
Post by servant
The subject line has it correctly.
Waht evidence christians can sin?
[snip]
Post by Robert
This is the reality of John the Apostle.
The Cat-Herding Rules and Regulations of alt.atheism and Some Information

All are welcome in the newsgroup, whether they're atheists or not, as long as they are not trolls.
Proselytizing of ANY religion is NOT welcome! (Those guilty of this bad nettiquette will be treated as they deserve!)
This newsgroup exists for atheists to discuss anything of interest to them and other atheists, although others who are honestly interested in joining a discussion and are not trolls are welcome. Trolls will be treated as what they are.

http://web.archive.org/web/20160314200548/http://alt-atheism.org/atheism:faq

2017-12-05 00:16:22 UTC
Post by Robert
Post by servant
The subject line has it correctly.
Waht evidence christians can sin?
1 John is the evidence. John was addressing christians and included
This is the reality of John the Apostle. John abided in Jesus.
And abraded everyone else. A thoroughgoing pain in the arse, he was.
2017-12-07 13:22:36 UTC
Post by Robert
Post by servant
[...]
Your mistake is that you think you are also Jesus Christ and hence free of sin.

2017-12-04 19:27:49 UTC
Post by servant
The subject line has it correctly.
The FAQ is better:

[quote]

The Cat-Herding Rules and Regulations of alt.atheism and Some Information

All are welcome in the newsgroup, whether they're atheists or not, as long as they are not trolls.
Proselytizing of ANY religion is NOT welcome! (Those guilty of this bad nettiquette will be treated as they deserve!)
This newsgroup exists for atheists to discuss anything of interest to them and other atheists, although others who are honestly interested in joining a discussion and are not trolls are welcome. Trolls will be treated as what they are.

[/quote] -

http://web.archive.org/web/20160314200548/http://alt-atheism.org/atheism:faq

Kevin R
Michael Christ
2017-12-04 19:54:27 UTC
She admits she is a continual and constant sinner, and that she
certainly is!
Someone please get her to understand the depth of her filth, that
that > condition is more than just religious terminology that she can wipe
off her mouth after whoring with other men.
There are no adulterers in Christ Jesus.
May God bless and protect and heal.
Wake up!

You are a continual and constant sinful state person; corrupt, selfish,
self-centred, self-worshipping, self-righteous as sinners are; a
spiritual adulterer...trying to pretend you have virtue???

Now do you understand this...

"Someone please get her to understand the depth of her filth, that that
condition is more than just religious terminology that she can wipe off
her mouth after whoring with other men".

You don't know what sin is...go and study...and do the hard yards.

You are not going to waste my time, like Patrick and Duke, with the
stubborn defiance of the truth. There will be no more discussion
entered into. You have already been given much more than you deserve.

You have what you have been told, and what you are being shown right now.

Michael Christ
Kevrob
2017-12-04 19:59:42 UTC
Post by Michael Christ
You are not going to waste my time, like Patrick and Duke,
You are the one wasting the group's time:

[quote]

The Cat-Herding Rules and Regulations of alt.atheism and Some Information

All are welcome in the newsgroup, whether they're atheists or not, as long as they are not trolls.
Proselytizing of ANY religion is NOT welcome! (Those guilty of this bad nettiquette will be treated as they deserve!)
This newsgroup exists for atheists to discuss anything of interest to them and other atheists, although others who are honestly interested in joining a discussion and are not trolls are welcome. Trolls will be treated as what they are.

[/quote]

http://web.archive.org/web/20160314200548/http://alt-atheism.org/atheism:faq

Your proselytizing isn't wanted here, nor are your condemnations.

Piss off!

Kevin R
servant
2017-12-04 19:57:44 UTC
There are no adulterers in Christ Jesus.
The lady doth protest too much.
Willie s.
Michael Christ

Michael Christ
Kevrob

2017-12-04 18:12:37 UTC
Post by Michael Christ
I told a young married friend of mine that you can't believe something
without the evidence.
Yet people do, especially those with a belief in a god.
Post by Michael Christ
Recently this first time father had triplets with his wife so we agreed
that since he did not have the evidence to raise the children as a good
father, he thought, and wisely so, to deliver the children to the local
orphanage for a proper upbringing.
But there is ample evidence that people can be good parents because people from all walks of life and all income levels have done so. There are many helpful resources that are not based on faith or ignorance but on history.
It is precisely because of what we don't know that people search for answers and in so doing obtain evidence. It is when they stop looking or are told there is no reason to search for answers outside of faith that the real problems start.
TheRealMccoy
2017-12-04 18:13:58 UTC
real problems start.
By anyone listening to you in the first place.
Michael Christ
2017-12-06 01:15:00 UTC
Post by Michael Christ
Recently this first time father had triplets with his wife so we agreed
that since he did not have the evidence to raise the children as a good
father, he thought, and wisely so, to deliver the children to the local
orphanage for a proper upbringing.
But there is ample evidence that people can be good parents because people from all walks of life and all income levels have done so. There are many helpful resources that are not based on faith or ignorance but on history.
It seems you are having trouble understanding what 'proof' is, what true
evidence is, what reality is, I might add.

You are trying to justify a lack of 'proof'!

Sorry, you don't get to compromise, Buddy.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Post by Michael Christ
Obviously this path is the only true path open to him if he wanted to be
a honest atheist, and not be one of those superficial contradictory
bullshitting ones.
Thank you.
Michael Christ
It is precisely because of what we don't know that people search for answers and in so doing
obtain evidence.
That is called faith and belief, dickhead. Your life is based on faith
and belief, not evidence.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
It is when they stop looking or are told there is no reason to search for answers outside of >faith that the real problems start.
No one is like that, not even for the most orthodox religious believers;
it is not a human condition, a natural state of man. Everyone is always
looking for answers.

You are talking shit. You demand 'proof' from people who live as you
do, with belief and faith. That makes you a bigot and a hypocrite.

Can you provide proof you will live another day??

You ain't got proof, all you got is belief and faith, and you vomit on
others who do also, that don't believe as you do??

Get it now...bigot, hypocrite??

Michael Christ
duke
2017-12-05 21:57:48 UTC
On Mon, 4 Dec 2017 08:17:10 +1100, Michael Christ
Post by Michael Christ
I told a young married friend of mine that you can't believe something
without the evidence.
Well, we have the evidence that you are not a very nice guy.

2017-12-07 07:11:12 UTC
Post by Michael Christ
I told a young married friend of mine that you can't believe something
without the evidence.
And obviously, this doesn't apply to your pixie?
Post by Michael Christ
Recently this first time father had triplets with his wife so we agreed
that since he did not have the evidence to raise the children as a good
father, he thought, and wisely so, to deliver the children to the local
orphanage for a proper upbringing.
Same like in your case?
But, why did his business anything to do with a moron?
Post by Michael Christ
Obviously this path is the only true path open to him if he wanted to be
a honest atheist, and not be one of those superficial contradictory
bullshitting ones.
No atheist was your buddy, don't make things up....to satisfy yourself!
Post by Michael Christ
Thank you.
Michael Christ