Woman who chose 6th baby instead of chemotherapy has died
Add Reply
Didn't Know When To Stop!
2017-09-10 06:35:12 UTC
A Michigan woman who sacrificed the chance to prolong her life
in order to give birth to her sixth child died early Saturday,
her husband said.

Nick DeKlyen told The Associated Press that his wife, Carrie
DeKlyen, died surrounded by family at University of Michigan
Hospital in Ann Arbor.

He said among his last words to her were, "I'll see you in
Heaven."

"We stayed by her until she took her last breath," Nick DeKlyen
said. "It's in God's hands now."

Doctors removed Carrie DeKlyen's feeding and breathing tubes on
Thursday, a day after she gave birth to her daughter Life Lynn
DeKlyen. The mother chose to forgo chemotherapy to treat her
brain cancer, since it would have meant ending her pregnancy.

Life Lynn was born prematurely, at 24 weeks and five days into
the pregnancy and weighing 1 pound, four ounces (567 grams).
Nick DeKlyen said his daughter is doing better than expected in
neonatal intensive care, gaining weight and "almost breathing on
her own."

"She's going to be fine," he said. "She's going to be here for 4
or 5 months, but we expect her to be a healthy baby. ... The
doctor just said the timing (of the birth) couldn't have been
more perfect."

The couple, who are from the western Michigan city of Wyoming,
have five other kids who range in age from 2 to 18 years old.
Nick DeKlyen said the family is strong in its Christian faith.

"My wife loves the Lord and she loves her children more than
anything," he said Friday.

"It's painful," he added. "But this is what she wanted. She
wanted to protect this child."

Since Carrie DeKlyen's cancer diagnosis in April, the family has
been sharing updates about her and her pregnancy on the Facebook
page Cure 4 Carrie . Posted on the page Saturday was a reference
to a Bible verse, John 15:13, which reads: "Greater love has no
one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/woman-chose-baby-chemotherapy-
died-49723010
Jeanne Douglas
2017-09-10 09:53:05 UTC
Post by Didn't Know When To Stop!
A Michigan woman who sacrificed the chance to prolong her life
in order to give birth to her sixth child died early Saturday,
her husband said.
Stupid woman left her 5 other children without a mother. That was evil.
2017-09-10 18:54:36 UTC
Post by Didn't Know When To Stop!
A Michigan woman who sacrificed the chance to prolong her life
in order to give birth to her sixth child died early Saturday,
her husband said.
Stupid woman left her 5 other children without a mother. That was evil.
She has the real leader of the family - the husband. An animal like you likely
would have chosen love of self instead of others, and died anyway.

The Catholic Church is like a thick steak, a glass of red wine
and a good cigar.

G.K. Chesterton
*****
a322x1n
2017-09-10 21:18:50 UTC
On Sun, 10 Sep 2017 04:53:05 -0500, "Jeanne Douglas"
On 09 Sep 2017 11:35 PM ,"Didn't Know When To Stop!"
Post by Didn't Know When To Stop!
A Michigan woman who sacrificed the chance to prolong her life
in order to give birth to her sixth child died early Saturday,
her husband said.
Stupid woman left her 5 other children without a mother. That was evil.
She has the real leader of the family - the husband. An animal like
you likely would have chosen love of self instead of others, and died
anyway.
No husband is the leader of any family. She should've done the right
thing and aborted the filthy fetus.
The stupid husband will probably remarry some bitch with kids and make
the lives of the six kids even worse.
duke
2017-09-11 19:21:00 UTC
Post by a322x1n
On Sun, 10 Sep 2017 04:53:05 -0500, "Jeanne Douglas"
On 09 Sep 2017 11:35 PM ,"Didn't Know When To Stop!"
Post by Didn't Know When To Stop!
A Michigan woman who sacrificed the chance to prolong her life
in order to give birth to her sixth child died early Saturday,
her husband said.
Stupid woman left her 5 other children without a mother. That was evil.
She has the real leader of the family - the husband. An animal like
you likely would have chosen love of self instead of others, and died
anyway.
No husband is the leader of any family. She should've done the right
thing and aborted the filthy fetus.
If she had, she would still die but be sent to the fires of hell instead.
Post by a322x1n
The stupid husband will probably remarry some bitch with kids and make
the lives of the six kids even worse.
Some of you are baaaaaaaaad.

2017-09-12 10:51:23 UTC
Post by a322x1n
The stupid husband will probably remarry some bitch with kids and make
the lives of the six kids even worse.
Some of you are baaaaaaaaad.
There is no hell, Earl. Too bad that you're so frightened of something that
doesn't exist. But I know that you just love the idea of a possible baby being chosen over the life of a woman/mother of other kids.
Siri Cruise
2017-09-12 13:52:25 UTC
If she had, she would still die but be sent to the fires of hell instead.
Because any god would be as vicious and spiteful as you are. Jesus never
mentionned abortion, the Law doesn't equate abortion to murder.
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
Free the Amos Yee one. This post / \
Yeah, too bad about your so-called life. Ha-ha. insults Islam. Mohammed
Siri Cruise
2017-09-12 13:49:56 UTC
Post by a322x1n
No husband is the leader of any family. She should've done the right
thing and aborted the filthy fetus.
And here I thought being pro-choice meant leaving the decision to the mother to
abort or carry without interference in her decision, either way by others.
Post by a322x1n
The stupid husband will probably remarry some bitch with kids and make
the lives of the six kids even worse.
Given the froup's bile at this acknowledged christian family, I do wonder how
much of this is hatred at being christian rather than an expression of being
anti-choice pro-death. The parents were faced with a difficult choice, and it
could've been just as difficult for an atheist family. Unlike you not all
atheists think only prolonging their own life no matter what it costs others.

Pat Tillman is from this county; he attended high school not far from from where
I grew up. Without commenting on his decision to join the Army, putting himself
at risk for the sake of rest of us, I'm sad that he was killed. He was also an
atheist and by all reports a wise and thoughtful young man. He left behind a
wife; I don't know if she has remarried some bastard with kids.
hypatiab7
2017-09-12 10:41:07 UTC
Post by Didn't Know When To Stop!
A Michigan woman who sacrificed the chance to prolong her life
in order to give birth to her sixth child died early Saturday,
her husband said.
Stupid woman left her 5 other children without a mother. That was evil.
It was very bad and very stupid of her. This shows how religion can murder
one person for the possibility of another. And leave six children without a mother. I bet her husband will remarry in about a year and help make more kids he probably can't afford.
Don Martin
2017-09-10 11:47:10 UTC
On Sun, 10 Sep 2017 08:35:12 +0200 (CEST), "Didn't Know When To Stop!"
<***@dnc.org> wrote:

In regard to the 1 pound, 4 ounce child in neonatal intensive care,
Post by Didn't Know When To Stop!
"She's going to be fine," he said. "She's going to be here for 4
or 5 months, but we expect her to be a healthy baby. ... The
doctor just said the timing (of the birth) couldn't have been
more perfect."
Let's see, neonatal intensive care runs over, IIRC, $10,000 per day,
that comes to $1.2m to $1.5m, and such extreme preemies tend to have
fragile health for the rest of their lives. With five kids already
soaking up the family income, I doubt that dad can even cover the
co-pay on the birthing and this bit of care. And people wonder why
insurance rates rise?

If they are on Medicaid, then paying the bill (eventually) is the job
for us taxpayers.

Either way, this very christian family is dumping a load on the rest
of us.
Post by Didn't Know When To Stop!
Since Carrie DeKlyen's cancer diagnosis in April, the family has
been sharing updates about her and her pregnancy on the Facebook
page Cure 4 Carrie . Posted on the page Saturday was a reference
to a Bible verse, John 15:13, which reads: "Greater love has no
one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends."
And leaves the bill for it to people one does not even know. Pious
assholes.
2017-09-10 13:15:00 UTC
[...]
And she deserted her other 5 children, which will leave them thinking Mommy didn't love them enough to stay.
2017-09-10 13:42:52 UTC
And she deserted her other 5 children, which will leave them thinking Mommy
didn't love them enough to stay.
A Michigan woman who sacrificed the chance to prolong her life
in order to give birth to her sixth child died early Saturday,
her husband said.
The post suggests she would've died soon anyway. Some brain cancers are
notoriously hard to treat. That means she had to choose a little more life for
herself or another new life. I didn't realise atheists always clung to their own
lives no matter what, and never accepted death for the sake of another.

I wonder why I thought of Pat Tillman?
Jeanne Douglas
2017-09-10 19:17:05 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Jeanne Douglas
And she deserted her other 5 children, which will leave them thinking Mommy
didn't love them enough to stay.
A Michigan woman who sacrificed the chance to prolong her life
in order to give birth to her sixth child died early Saturday,
her husband said.
The post suggests she would've died soon anyway. Some brain cancers are
notoriously hard to treat. That means she had to choose a little more life for
herself or another new life. I didn't realise atheists always clung to their own
lives no matter what, and never accepted death for the sake of another.
I think of the 5 abandoned children.
Post by Siri Cruise
I wonder why I thought of Pat Tillman?
Completely different situation. Not even in the same universe.
2017-09-10 20:35:20 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Jeanne Douglas
And she deserted her other 5 children, which will leave them thinking Mommy
didn't love them enough to stay.
A Michigan woman who sacrificed the chance to prolong her life
in order to give birth to her sixth child died early Saturday,
her husband said.
The post suggests she would've died soon anyway. Some brain cancers are
notoriously hard to treat. That means she had to choose a little more life for
herself or another new life. I didn't realise atheists always clung to their own
lives no matter what, and never accepted death for the sake of another.
I think of the 5 abandoned children.
How much longer would she had lived with chemotherapy?
Jeanne Douglas
2017-09-11 08:52:05 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Jeanne Douglas
And she deserted her other 5 children, which will leave them thinking Mommy
didn't love them enough to stay.
A Michigan woman who sacrificed the chance to prolong her life
in order to give birth to her sixth child died early Saturday,
her husband said.
The post suggests she would've died soon anyway. Some brain cancers are
notoriously hard to treat. That means she had to choose a little more life for
herself or another new life. I didn't realise atheists always clung to their own
lives no matter what, and never accepted death for the sake of another.
I think of the 5 abandoned children.
How much longer would she had lived with chemotherapy?
She could have spent that time building up memories with her 5 children, preparing them for the fact that she was going to die, but that she was fighting as hard as she could to beat the cancer so she could stay with them.
Post by Siri Cruise
2017-09-10 14:45:47 UTC
On Sun, 10 Sep 2017 08:15:00 -0500, "Jeanne Douglas"
[...]
Well, being as pious asshole was her _good_ side, after all . . .
2017-09-10 13:17:42 UTC
Either way, this very christian family is dumping a load on the rest
of us.
Oddly enough I wouldn't mind if it were an atheist family. Or Hopi. Or moslem.
Or ...
Post by Don Martin
And leaves the bill for it to people one does not even know. Pious
assholes.
Maybe it's just me, but I don't think a baby should die just because I disagree
with its father.
Jeanne Douglas
2017-09-10 18:27:39 UTC
Post by Don Martin
And leaves the bill for it to people one does not even know. Pious
assholes.
Maybe it's just me, but I don't think a baby should die just because I disagree
with its father.
The point is that if the mother hadn't chosen to suicide, none of these expenses would ever have been necessary. She could have gotten her chemo, and gotten pregnant again when she went into remission. Instead of abandoning her other 5 children by suiciding.
2017-09-10 20:38:38 UTC
Post by Don Martin
And leaves the bill for it to people one does not even know. Pious
assholes.
Maybe it's just me, but I don't think a baby should die just because I disagree
with its father.
The point is that if the mother hadn't chosen to suicide, none of these
expenses would ever have been necessary. She could have gotten her chemo
(1) How much longer would she had lived?

(2) Pat Tillman put his life at risk to protect the people of the US.
Your Founding Fathers Erred
2017-09-10 19:41:20 UTC
On Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 2:39:20 AM UTC-4, Didn't Know When To Stop! wrote:

Allah!