Atheism and Mass Murder
2017-11-07 13:12:16 UTC
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/publiccatholic/2013/03/atheist-governments-of-the-20th-century-the-death-toll-of-godless-goodness/

Texas was not the first time
Kevrob
2017-11-07 16:19:20 UTC
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/publiccatholic/2013/03/atheist-governments-of-the-20th-century-the-death-toll-of-godless-goodness/
Texas was not the first time
Note the Patheos blogger complains about atheist trolls
on his theist site. Tandy is a theist troll in an atheist group.

The track record of power-mad atheists (or fake atheists) under
Marxism has been mentioned here many times. This is nothing new.
Arguably, Marxism is a superstition based on a belief about
the way history works - dialectical materialism - and is, in its
own way, a religion.

Of course, for me, "atheism" isn't enough to be a rational naturalist.
I oppose all sorts of woo-woo, and phony-baloney historism is just
as wooish as astrology or UFOlogy.

The communists great rival, Hitler, baptized a Catholic, hardly believed
in the doctrines of that church. If he truly believed in a ghod,
it was Adolf Hitler. Various Christian sects played footsy with
the Nazis, but as the Third Reich wore on, sincere churchmen started
to see that they had been thoroughly played, and it was Hitler's
intention to co-opt and eventually control the churches.

Many uncooperative clergy went to the camps.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_resistance_to_Nazi_Germany

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_persecution_of_the_Catholic_Church_in_Germany

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirchenkampf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confessing_Church

The major Christian churches have been criticized for taking to long
to make a stand against the Nazis, during which time the Jews and
minor sects like the Jehovah's Witnesses were persecuted.

2017-11-07 18:01:40 UTC
Since God is supposed to be omnipotent, everything is just as God wants it to be.

Or he just doesn't care. After all look at the number of people God has killed or ordered to be killed. He obviously has no problem with mass killings.
Kurt Nicklas
2017-11-07 19:04:58 UTC
Since God is supposed to be omnipotent, everything is just as God wants it to be.
Truer than you'd like it to be, Clown Habit.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Or he just doesn't care. After all look at the number of people God has killed or ordered to be killed. He obviously has no problem with mass killings.
So God ordered all those atheists to kill all those hundreds of millions of their own countrymen?

Do tell!
Yap Honghor
2017-11-08 01:18:21 UTC
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Or he just doesn't care. After all look at the number of people God has killed or ordered to be killed. He obviously has no problem with mass killings.
So God ordered all those atheists to kill all those hundreds of millions of their own countrymen?
Unlike theists murdering others in the name of their religion or pixie, atheists had no business killing other fellow human being!!!!

This is proven in the historical records.....
Do tell!
Tim
2017-11-08 10:12:21 UTC
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Since God is supposed to be omnipotent, everything is just as God wants it to be.
Truer than you'd like it to be, Clown Habit.
Oh looky, kunt just made another vacuous assertion.
Well kunt, you believe this world is all in god's mind. Ergo, god done it. Of course, you have no evidence so you just keep on reasserting the same worn out assertions. What a silly kunt you are.
Cloud Hobbit
2017-11-09 02:54:18 UTC
Since God is supposed to be omnipotent, everything is just as God wants it to be.
Truer than you'd like it to be, Clown Habit.
__________________
Not true at all And you have nothing that proves otherwise.
___________________
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Or he just doesn't care. After all look at the number of people God has killed or ordered to be killed. He obviously has no problem with mass killings.
So God ordered all those atheists to kill all those hundreds of millions of their own countrymen?

Do tell!
_________________
Tell what? I never said that dumb ass. I said for the purpose pod discussion, that everything is as God wants it to be.

You guys insist that your God is in charge. One can only assume that if your God is in charge and mass killings occur that God is ok with it or he would do something about it. I think it's safe to say someone would have prayed for it to stop. Since your God is supposed to hear all prayers and because Jesus said all prayers asked in his name would be granted that your God does not give a shit when these things happen, which also makes Jesus a liar. Unless your God is imaginary.

YOU CAN'T READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
duke
2017-11-09 11:17:04 UTC
The communists great rival, Hitler, baptized a Catholic, hardly believed
in the doctrines of that church. If he truly believed in a ghod,
it was Adolf Hitler.
He truly didn't or he couldn't have massacred 6 million Jews.

The Catholic Church is like a thick steak, a glass of red wine
and a good cigar.

G.K. Chesterton
2017-11-11 05:02:22 UTC
The communists great rival, Hitler, baptized a Catholic, hardly believed
in the doctrines of that church. If he truly believed in a ghod,
it was Adolf Hitler.
He truly didn't or he couldn't have massacred 6 million Jews.
Believers have done plenty of slaughter, if not on the
industrial scale, in as short a period of time as the Nazis.

Do a search for:

"Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius."

("Kill them. For the Lord knows those that are His own.")

Kevin R

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caedite_eos._Novit_enim_Dominus_qui_sunt_eius.
Don Martin
2017-11-11 13:24:31 UTC
The communists great rival, Hitler, baptized a Catholic, hardly believed
in the doctrines of that church. If he truly believed in a ghod,
it was Adolf Hitler.
He truly didn't or he couldn't have massacred 6 million Jews.
Believers have done plenty of slaughter, if not on the
industrial scale, in as short a period of time as the Nazis.
That is not really their fault, though: industrial scale killing
necessarily depends on the development of industry. Had the 30 Years
War been fought with machine guns and factories churning out the
bullets, it would probably have become the 30 Months War with a
massively greater body count. Still, they managed to do pretty well
at slaughtering by hand: in speeding up production, industry kills
craftsmanship as well as people.
2017-11-11 18:26:26 UTC
The communists great rival, Hitler, baptized a Catholic, hardly believed
in the doctrines of that church. If he truly believed in a ghod,
it was Adolf Hitler.
He truly didn't or he couldn't have massacred 6 million Jews.
Believers have done plenty of slaughter, if not on the
industrial scale, in as short a period of time as the Nazis.
But in so acting, they are NOT following the Christianity of God.

2017-11-09 11:37:22 UTC
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/publiccatholic/2013/03/atheist-governments-of-the-20th-century-the-death-toll-of-godless-goodness/
Texas was not the first time
Note the Patheos blogger complains about atheist trolls
on his theist site. Tandy is a theist troll in an atheist group.
The track record of power-mad atheists (or fake atheists) under
Marxism has been mentioned here many times. This is nothing new.
Arguably, Marxism is a superstition based on a belief about
the way history works - dialectical materialism - and is, in its
own way, a religion.
Ordinary people don't naturally kill other people. It takes either sociopathy or ideology. The ideology can be derived from any authority, religious or political. In this sense there's little difference between, say, Stalinism or radical Islam.

The Stanford Prison experiment, and similar cruel physiological tests show just how dangerously susceptible people are to authority. How it can override all moral restraint.

Men have an appetite for destruction. Ideology can turn it loose.

So, for example, we see people converting to radical Islam in order to give themselves permission to commit atrocities. Or it could be Marxism, or even Animal Rights.
Malte Runz
2017-11-08 20:57:12 UTC
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/publiccatholic/2013/03/atheist-governments-of-the-20th-century-the-death-toll-of-godless-goodness/
Texas was not the first time
Be honest now... Do you think there is any atheist here in a.a. who'd
support any of the regimes mentioned in the article? Do you think that
we're all okay with the murder of millions of people?
Malte Runz
Don Martin
2017-11-08 23:05:22 UTC
On Wed, 08 Nov 2017 21:57:12 +0100, Malte Runz
Post by Malte Runz
Post by v***@gmail.com
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/publiccatholic/2013/03/atheist-governments-of-the-20th-century-the-death-toll-of-godless-goodness/
Texas was not the first time
Be honest now... Do you think there is any atheist here in a.a. who'd
support any of the regimes mentioned in the article? Do you think that
we're all okay with the murder of millions of people?
If the millions were all like Artie-Jo, it might take me a while to
make up my mind.
You're too stupid to be dangerous.
Smiler
2017-11-09 02:25:37 UTC
Post by Malte Runz
Post by v***@gmail.com
Texas was not the first time
Be honest now... Do you think there is any atheist here in a.a. who'd
support any of the regimes mentioned in the article? Do you think that
we're all okay with the murder of millions of people?
If the millions were all like Artie-Jo, it might take me a while to make
up my mind.
You'd be like the Nazi pope; condemn it, once they were all dead.
--
Smiler,
The godless one. a.a.# 2279

2017-11-10 02:17:04 UTC
Post by Malte Runz
Post by v***@gmail.com
Texas was not the first time
Be honest now... Do you think there is any atheist here in a.a. who'd
support any of the regimes mentioned in the article? Do you think that
we're all okay with the murder of millions of people?
If the millions were all like Artie-Jo, it might take me a while to make
up my mind.
You'd be like the Nazi pope; condemn it, once they were all dead.
I lack the costuming to pull that sort of sweeping stroke off.
2017-11-11 04:34:06 UTC
Post by Don Martin
Post by Malte Runz
Post by v***@gmail.com
Texas was not the first time
Be honest now... Do you think there is any atheist here in a.a. who'd
support any of the regimes mentioned in the article? Do you think that
we're all okay with the murder of millions of people?
If the millions were all like Artie-Jo, it might take me a while to
make up my mind.
You'd be like the Nazi pope; condemn it, once they were all dead.
I lack the costuming to pull that sort of sweeping stroke off.
You don't have the red Gucci slippers? How remiss of you.
--
Smiler,
The godless one. a.a.# 2279

2017-11-11 13:24:31 UTC
Post by Don Martin
Post by Malte Runz
Post by v***@gmail.com
Texas was not the first time
Be honest now... Do you think there is any atheist here in a.a. who'd
support any of the regimes mentioned in the article? Do you think that
we're all okay with the murder of millions of people?
If the millions were all like Artie-Jo, it might take me a while to
make up my mind.
You'd be like the Nazi pope; condemn it, once they were all dead.
I lack the costuming to pull that sort of sweeping stroke off.
You don't have the red Gucci slippers? How remiss of you.
Have you any idea how much those things _cost_? While my salary is
larger than il pappa's (I believe his is $0), my expense account is
infinitely smaller.
2017-11-12 02:10:57 UTC
Post by Don Martin
Post by Malte Runz
Post by v***@gmail.com
Texas was not the first time
Be honest now... Do you think there is any atheist here in a.a.
who'd support any of the regimes mentioned in the article? Do you
think that we're all okay with the murder of millions of people?
If the millions were all like Artie-Jo, it might take me a while to
make up my mind.
You'd be like the Nazi pope; condemn it, once they were all dead.
I lack the costuming to pull that sort of sweeping stroke off.
You don't have the red Gucci slippers? How remiss of you.
Have you any idea how much those things _cost_?
Not being in the market for them, no.
Post by Don Martin
While my salary is larger than il pappa's (I believe his is $0), my
expense account is infinitely smaller.
His 'boss' is obviously more generous than yours.
--
Smiler,
The godless one. a.a.# 2279

2017-11-12 15:26:20 UTC
Post by Don Martin
Post by Don Martin
While my salary is larger than il pappa's (I believe his is $0), my
expense account is infinitely smaller.
His 'boss' is obviously more generous than yours.
The U.S. Federal Government only thinks it is god.
2017-11-12 23:57:53 UTC
Post by Don Martin
Post by Don Martin
While my salary is larger than il pappa's (I believe his is $0), my
expense account is infinitely smaller.
His 'boss' is obviously more generous than yours.
The U.S. Federal Government only thinks it is god.
--
Wrong, ignoramus. It follows this:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/overview

Do you ever research anything before you begin babbling?
Smiler
2017-11-13 04:39:28 UTC
Post by Don Martin
Post by Don Martin
While my salary is larger than il pappa's (I believe his is $0), my
expense account is infinitely smaller.
His 'boss' is obviously more generous than yours.
The U.S. Federal Government only thinks it is god.
As do all governments, until they get caught out.
--
Smiler,
The godless one. a.a.# 2279

2017-11-14 00:15:40 UTC
Post by Don Martin
Post by Don Martin
While my salary is larger than il pappa's (I believe his is $0), my
expense account is infinitely smaller.
His 'boss' is obviously more generous than yours.
The U.S. Federal Government only thinks it is god.
As do all governments, until they get caught out.
Well, we _have_ sent Trump into the world to reveal our hollowness.
That's certainly a start!
2017-11-15 03:01:32 UTC
Post by Don Martin
Post by Don Martin
While my salary is larger than il pappa's (I believe his is $0), my
expense account is infinitely smaller.
His 'boss' is obviously more generous than yours.
The U.S. Federal Government only thinks it is god.
As do all governments, until they get caught out.
Well, we _have_ sent Trump into the world to reveal our hollowness.
That's certainly a start!
Better yet would be to prevent his return.
--
Smiler,
The godless one. a.a.# 2279

2017-11-15 23:55:38 UTC
Post by Don Martin
Post by Don Martin
While my salary is larger than il pappa's (I believe his is $0), my
expense account is infinitely smaller.
His 'boss' is obviously more generous than yours.
The U.S. Federal Government only thinks it is god.
As do all governments, until they get caught out.
Well, we _have_ sent Trump into the world to reveal our hollowness.
That's certainly a start!
Better yet would be to prevent his return.
If he stops in London, perhaps Ms. May can seduce him to stay.
(Even atheists pray that he'll just go away.)
2017-11-18 05:36:22 UTC
Post by Don Martin
Post by Don Martin
While my salary is larger than il pappa's (I believe his is $0),
my expense account is infinitely smaller.
His 'boss' is obviously more generous than yours.
The U.S. Federal Government only thinks it is god.
As do all governments, until they get caught out.
Well, we _have_ sent Trump into the world to reveal our hollowness.
That's certainly a start!
Better yet would be to prevent his return.
If he stops in London, perhaps Ms. May can seduce him to stay. (Even
atheists pray that he'll just go away.)
Mrs May is also looking like she's on her way out. What with sex scandals,
false statements from the foreign minister (the clown, Boris Johnson) and
unnotified talks with Israeli Ministers and visits to the Golan Heights,
her government is looking extremely shaky.
--
Smiler,
The godless one. a.a.# 2279

Alex W.
2017-11-18 11:17:07 UTC
Post by Don Martin
Post by Don Martin
While my salary is larger than il pappa's (I believe his is $0),
my expense account is infinitely smaller.
His 'boss' is obviously more generous than yours.
The U.S. Federal Government only thinks it is god.
As do all governments, until they get caught out.
Well, we _have_ sent Trump into the world to reveal our hollowness.
That's certainly a start!
Better yet would be to prevent his return.
If he stops in London, perhaps Ms. May can seduce him to stay. (Even
atheists pray that he'll just go away.)
Mrs May is also looking like she's on her way out. What with sex scandals,
false statements from the foreign minister (the clown, Boris Johnson) and
unnotified talks with Israeli Ministers and visits to the Golan Heights,
her government is looking extremely shaky.
The problem for the Tories is that there is no clear alternative, nobody
with the perceived stature to replace her.

And I am quite sure they are all very much aware of the Brexit elephant
in the room -- as badly as the talks appear to be going, who would want
to be held responsible for toppling May and bringing chaos to the
government and with it our negotiations?
Don Martin
2017-11-18 22:12:27 UTC
Post by Don Martin
Post by Don Martin
[...]
Surely, Mr W, you have more stature than most politicians.
Alex W.
2017-11-18 22:23:49 UTC
Post by Don Martin
Post by Don Martin
[...]
I also have more self-respect, honesty and integrity than to ever
contemplate entering politics.
Don Martin
2017-11-19 14:53:37 UTC
Post by Alex W.
Post by Don Martin
Post by Don Martin
[...]
What? Let mere scruples stand in the way of fame, fortune, and
unfettered access to the inhabitants of state-run orphanages? If this
sort of thing catches on, backbenchers in Parliament will be the back
benches themselves!
2017-11-18 22:12:27 UTC
Post by Don Martin
Post by Don Martin
While my salary is larger than il pappa's (I believe his is $0),
my expense account is infinitely smaller.
His 'boss' is obviously more generous than yours.
The U.S. Federal Government only thinks it is god.
As do all governments, until they get caught out.
Well, we _have_ sent Trump into the world to reveal our hollowness.
That's certainly a start!
Better yet would be to prevent his return.
If he stops in London, perhaps Ms. May can seduce him to stay. (Even
atheists pray that he'll just go away.)
Mrs May is also looking like she's on her way out. What with sex scandals,
false statements from the foreign minister (the clown, Boris Johnson) and
unnotified talks with Israeli Ministers and visits to the Golan Heights,
her government is looking extremely shaky.
I saw recently a report that the Russians had set up some 150,000
Twitter accounts in Britain to promote the Brexit vote. If this is
demonstrated to be the case, can you take the vote back? Russian
strategy is obviously to weaken opponents by misdirection, as they did
here by assisting Trump and there by scuppering your economy.
Destabilise, not weaken.
Don Martin
2017-11-19 14:53:37 UTC
Post by Don Martin
Post by Don Martin
[...]
And the state of being destabilised is as strong or stronger than the
state of stability just how, exactly?
Robert Carnegie
2017-11-18 23:02:26 UTC
Post by Don Martin
Post by Don Martin
[...]
Legally it doesn't matter as the referendum was non-binding anyway.

I wonder how much Russia then fixed the appointment of a new
prime minister, and then the election that she lost, requiring
a coalition with the horrible Theocratic Unionists from Ireland.

The Russian government is in bed with priests and presumably
wants others to be as well.
Smiler
2017-11-19 03:30:07 UTC
Post by Robert Carnegie
On Sun, 12 Nov 2017 02:10:57 +0000 (UTC), Smiler
Post by Smiler
On Sat, 11 Nov 2017 04:34:06 +0000 (UTC), Smiler
Post by v***@gmail.com
On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 02:25:37 +0000 (UTC), Smiler
On Wed, 08 Nov 2017 21:57:12 +0100, Malte Runz
On Tue, 7 Nov 2017 05:12:16 -0800 (PST),
Post by v***@gmail.com
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/publiccatholic/2013/03/
atheist-
Post by Robert Carnegie
governments-
Post by v***@gmail.com
[...]
But the 'will of the people' is sacrosanct to parliament.
What the 'will of the people' will be when the negotiations end (I won't
say complete) has yet to be determined. I suspect a cry of "That's not
what we voted for!" will be heard throughout the land.
Post by Robert Carnegie
I wonder how much Russia then fixed the appointment of a new prime
minister, and then the election that she lost, requiring a coalition
with the horrible Theocratic Unionists from Ireland.
That is mere speculation, without any evidence.
Post by Robert Carnegie
The Russian government is in bed with priests and presumably wants
others to be as well.
Even if Russia was involved, I doubt that that is the outcome they wanted.
More likely they wanted a Corbyn (Socialist, pacifist and non-nuclear
deterrent) government.
--
Smiler,
The godless one. a.a.# 2279

Alex W.
2017-11-19 10:56:06 UTC
Post by v***@gmail.com
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/publiccatholic/2013/03/
atheist-
Post by Robert Carnegie
governments-
Post by Robert Carnegie
The Russian government is in bed with priests and presumably wants
others to be as well.
Even if Russia was involved, I doubt that that is the outcome they wanted.
More likely they wanted a Corbyn (Socialist, pacifist and non-nuclear
deterrent) government.
If Russia was involved, I don't think they cared much either way.
Instability and chaos is what they are after, so it would have been a
win-win for them whoever won the election.
Don Martin
2017-11-19 14:53:37 UTC
Post by Don Martin
Post by Don Martin
[...]
Tyrants and priests share a passion for controlling others.
I cannot make a decision on that based on what you athies say... you are never honest about anything.
Yap Honghor
Empty skull will not have any nano capacity to make any decision, or think...
Cloud Hobbit
2017-11-09 02:59:43 UTC
Madjoe said: I cannot make a decision on that based on what you athies say... you are never honest about anything.
____________________
And you're too lazy to think for yourself on top of being someone who has repeatedly shown that you don't understand what lying is.
Why you don't understand something you do every day is beyond comprehension. Unless you are a mental patient.
Mitchell Holman
2017-11-09 03:52:52 UTC
Post by Malte Runz
Post by v***@gmail.com
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/publiccatholic/2013/03/atheist-governmen
ts-of-the-20th-century-the-death-toll-of-godless-goodness/
Texas was not the first time
Be honest now... Do you think there is any atheist here in a.a. who'd
support any of the regimes mentioned in the article? Do you think
that we're all okay with the murder of millions of people?
--
Malte Runz
I cannot make a decision on that based on what you athies say... you
are never honest about anything.
If the atheists in this group trouble
you so why don't you just.........leave?
Yap Honghor
2017-11-09 06:56:05 UTC
Post by Malte Runz
Post by v***@gmail.com
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/publiccatholic/2013/03/atheist-governmen
ts-of-the-20th-century-the-death-toll-of-godless-goodness/
Texas was not the first time
Be honest now... Do you think there is any atheist here in a.a. who'd
support any of the regimes mentioned in the article? Do you think
that we're all okay with the murder of millions of people?
--
Malte Runz
I cannot make a decision on that based on what you athies say... you
are never honest about anything.
If the atheists in this group trouble
you so why don't you just.........leave?
To be honest, where do you want him to go?
There is no other place he can go....he retired, his home empty, he has no child, theists shun him, atheist dislike him, perhaps only the mental can stand him but he may not find himself fit....
Kevrob
2017-11-09 07:07:19 UTC
Post by Malte Runz
Post by v***@gmail.com
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/publiccatholic/2013/03/atheist-governmen
ts-of-the-20th-century-the-death-toll-of-godless-goodness/
Texas was not the first time
Be honest now... Do you think there is any atheist here in a.a. who'd
support any of the regimes mentioned in the article? Do you think
that we're all okay with the murder of millions of people?
--
Malte Runz
I cannot make a decision on that based on what you athies say... you
are never honest about anything.
If the atheists in this group trouble
you so why don't you just.........leave?
To be honest, where do you want him to go?
There is no other place he can go....he retired, his home empty, he has no child, theists shun him, atheist dislike him, perhaps only the mental can stand him but he may not find himself fit....
The local Jewish Community Center? The YMHA?

Alter kockers anonymous? :)

2017-11-10 01:21:33 UTC
Post by Malte Runz
Post by v***@gmail.com
[...]
But they will be very uncomfortable with his love for Jesus, Moses and Christianity???
Post by Kevrob
Alter kockers anonymous? :)
Kevin R
Malte Runz
2017-11-09 09:22:57 UTC
Post by Malte Runz
Post by v***@gmail.com
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/publiccatholic/2013/03/atheist-governments-of-the-20th-century-the-death-toll-of-godless-goodness/
Texas was not the first time
Be honest now... Do you think there is any atheist here in a.a. who'd
support any of the regimes mentioned in the article? Do you think that
we're all okay with the murder of millions of people?
--
Malte Runz
I cannot make a decision on that based on what you athies say...
Then why are you linking to that particular article? We all know about
those atrocities, so you're not telling us anything new. Is it a
numbers game? 'Atheists killed 100 million people, and theists only
killed 99 million. Therefore the world would be a better place if
everybody believed in a god.'?

(snip)
--
Malte Runz