Creationism in a Nutshell
Add Reply
Irreverend Dave
2017-12-06 06:29:58 UTC
This short video clip from the HBO documentary Questioning Darwin helps
explain the creationist mindset.

The full documentary goes deeper into the mindset and juxtaposes
creationist faith against Charles Darwin's extensive and lifelong effort to
flesh out the theory that is now integrated into almost all modern biology.

--
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist
in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan
Yap Honghor
2017-12-06 06:45:10 UTC
Post by Irreverend Dave
This short video clip from the HBO documentary Questioning Darwin helps
explain the creationist mindset.
It is very sad to see so many human being indoctrinated to be so illogical.
They never question what is a pixie for or why this universe needs one....
http://youtu.be/R-cHUZwEo3M
http://youtu.be/iySlSq7Cpbk
Andrew
2017-12-06 08:20:56 UTC
Post by Irreverend Dave
This short video clip from the HBO documentary Questioning Darwin helps
explain the creationist mindset.
It is very sad to see so many human being indoctrinated to be so illogical.
Darwinism is a phantasy. There is no proven mechanism for
it to happen. It is sad to see so many gullible who are being
so easily deceived.

Deep down he knew that he was devoting his precious life
---> to a phantasy.

"Often and often a cold shudder has
run through me, and I have asked
myself whether I may not have
devoted my life to a phantasy."
~Darwin
Post by Irreverend Dave
http://youtu.be/R-cHUZwEo3M
The full documentary goes deeper into the mindset and juxtaposes
creationist faith against Charles Darwin's extensive and lifelong effort to
flesh out the theory that is now integrated into almost all modern biology.
Too bad it was all only a phantasy.
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Irreverend Dave
http://youtu.be/iySlSq7Cpbk
"We must concede that there are presently no
detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution
of any biochemical or cellular system, only a
variety of wishful speculations."
~ Harold, Franklin M.
prof. biochemistry
a322x1n
2017-12-06 08:41:02 UTC
"Andrew" <***@usa.net> wrote in news:p08987$13km$***@gioia.aioe.org:

<snip> Crestionist lies, why repost? </snip>

Try some truth:

<http://scienceblogs.com/evolutionblog/2014/12/19/intelligent-design-stil
l-dead/>

<http://tinyurl.com/kwyrtku>

<https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/A_Scientific_Dissent_From_Darwinism>

<http://tinyurl.com/y9k48wq4>

<https://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/2017/08/07/a-n-wilson-stale-unor
iginal-banal-cliche-ridden-hack/>

<http://tinyurl.com/ybu9u4et>

<http://www.patheos.com/blogs/danthropology/2014/08/ken-hams-10-facts-tha
t-prove-creationism-debunked/>

<http://tinyurl.com/hor4bam>

Modern Christian: Someone who can take time
out from blasting evolution as "perpetrated fraud"
and "junk science" to demand the latest medical
advances from evolutionary biology be used on them
when THEY get sick.

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitzmiller_v._Dover_Area_School_District>

<http://tinyurl.com/bmxa4rc>

<https://sphericalbullshit.wordpress.com/2013/05/02/what-i-would-say-t
o-creationists-if-i-was-more-of-a-dick/>

<http://tinyurl.com/zascach>

<https://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/philosop/creation.htm>

<http://tinyurl.com/kzzmt4g>
Malte Runz
2017-12-06 10:00:36 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Irreverend Dave
This short video clip from the HBO documentary Questioning Darwin helps
explain the creationist mindset.
It is very sad to see so many human being indoctrinated to be so illogical.
Darwinism is a phantasy. There is no proven mechanism for
it to happen. It is sad to see so many gullible who are being
so easily deceived.
Deep down he knew that he was devoting his precious life
---> to a phantasy.
"Often and often a cold shudder has
run through me, and I have asked
myself whether I may not have
devoted my life to a phantasy."
~Darwin
Why are you posting that mined quote again? Do you really believe
we're sitting there, thinking, 'dammit, Andrew got us again!'? You
know the context, and the fact that you act as if you don't, just
confirms the notion we have of you.
http://youtu.be/R-cHUZwEo3M
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Irreverend Dave
http://youtu.be/iySlSq7Cpbk
"We must concede that there are presently no
detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution
of any biochemical or cellular system, only a
variety of wishful speculations."
~ Harold, Franklin M.
prof. biochemistry
See above.

You're firing blanks, Andrew. Might as well give it up. Just like you
gave up on my questions about hell, and whether or not you'd send me
there. And like you give up every time someone asks you about 'the
laws of science', 'genetic limits', Noah's created kinds, missing
genetic bottlenecks, the Coconino Sandstone and so on. Lying about
Darwin and Harold is just another nail in your coffin, twat.
Malte Runz
Atlatl Axolotl
2017-12-06 16:14:16 UTC
Post by Malte Runz
Post by Andrew
http://youtu.be/R-cHUZwEo3M
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Irreverend Dave
http://youtu.be/iySlSq7Cpbk
"We must concede that there are presently no
detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution
of any biochemical or cellular system, only a
variety of wishful speculations."
~ Harold, Franklin M.
prof. biochemistry
See above.
.> You're firing blanks, Andrew. Might as well give it up. Just like you
.> gave up on my questions about hell, and whether or not you'd send me
.> there. And like you give up every time someone asks you about 'the
.> laws of science', 'genetic limits', Noah's created kinds, missing
.> genetic bottlenecks, the Coconino Sandstone and so on. Lying about
.> Darwin and Harold is just another nail in your coffin, twat.

And let us not forget how the formation of stars via runaway
gravitational collapse violates "known laws of science" that
apparently are known only to Andrew.

AA
Post by Malte Runz
Malte Runz
Andrew
2017-12-06 17:22:22 UTC
Post by Malte Runz
Post by Andrew
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Irreverend Dave
This short video clip from the HBO documentary Questioning Darwin helps
explain the creationist mindset.
It is very sad to see so many human being indoctrinated to be so illogical.
Darwinism is a phantasy. There is no proven mechanism for
it to happen. It is sad to see so many gullible who are being
so easily deceived.
Deep down he knew that he was devoting his precious life
---> to a phantasy.
"Often and often a cold shudder has
run through me, and I have asked
myself whether I may not have
devoted my life to a phantasy."
~Darwin
Why are you posting that mined quote again?
"Often and often" it happened to him. He said
so.

A "cold shudder" ran through his mortal frame.

That told him he was wasting his precious life
--> on a phantasy.

And yes, he was comforted, not by the truth, but
by some of his friends who believed in the same
phantasy that he did.
Peter Pan
2017-12-06 17:44:18 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by Malte Runz
Post by Andrew
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Irreverend Dave
This short video clip from the HBO documentary Questioning Darwin helps
explain the creationist mindset.
It is very sad to see so many human being indoctrinated to be so illogical.
Darwinism is a phantasy. There is no proven mechanism for
it to happen. It is sad to see so many gullible who are being
so easily deceived.
Deep down he knew that he was devoting his precious life
---> to a phantasy.
"Often and often a cold shudder has
run through me, and I have asked
myself whether I may not have
devoted my life to a phantasy."
~Darwin
It's good that a scientist should often reconsider his
hypotheses, especially if they are tossing into the
ashheap of history a set of beliefs that have impeded
mankind's progress for all of human history.
Post by Andrew
Post by Malte Runz
Why are you posting that mined quote again?
"Often and often" it happened to him. He said
so.
A "cold shudder" ran through his mortal frame.
That told him he was wasting his precious life
--> on a phantasy.
And yes, he was comforted, not by the truth, but
by some of his friends who believed in the same
phantasy that he did.
So Darwin secretly didn't believe in Darwinism? Wow...
who knew. I bet he apologized daily to --->The AC.

"Often and often a cold shudder has run through me,
when i realize that a couple centuries from now,
kreation kooks will remove my words from context,
devoting their lives to --->a phantasy."
-- Darwin
Malte Runz
2017-12-06 19:28:51 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by Malte Runz
Post by Andrew
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Irreverend Dave
This short video clip from the HBO documentary Questioning Darwin helps
explain the creationist mindset.
It is very sad to see so many human being indoctrinated to be so illogical.
Darwinism is a phantasy. There is no proven mechanism for
it to happen. It is sad to see so many gullible who are being
so easily deceived.
Deep down he knew that he was devoting his precious life
---> to a phantasy.
"Often and often a cold shudder has
run through me, and I have asked
myself whether I may not have
devoted my life to a phantasy."
~Darwin
Why are you posting that mined quote again?
"Often and often" it happened to him. He said
so.
A "cold shudder" ran through his mortal frame.
That told him he was wasting his precious life
--> on a phantasy.
Here you are lying again. Darwin 'asked himself', which is not the
same as having reached the conclusion based on his scientific
investigations. You know all that, yet you pretend to believe
something different. You're not even fooling yourself.
Post by Andrew
And yes, he was comforted, not by the truth, but
by some of his friends who believed in the same
phantasy that he did.
And why, do you think, did his intelligent, experienced and
well-educated friends also believe in evolution? What Darwin was
talking about is basically peer review as part of the scientific
method.

It's obvious what's going on here... you're jealous. You're jealous
because we have all the scientific evidence backing up our beliefs.
Hell, we hold the beliefs because that's what the evidence tells us.
You, on the other hand, you believe in angels because "proven inspired
sources" told you so.
Malte Runz
Yap Honghor
2017-12-07 00:57:20 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by Malte Runz
Post by Andrew
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Irreverend Dave
[...]
Why don't you spend your energy on providing us with concrete evidence for your creator, instead of wasting time to doubt Darwin?

There are many full time science worker now doing serious investigations on topics relevant to human existence, yet still are believers. If they have linked the two aspects together, they would have stopped their work and ask for solutions from the creator.
Atlatl Axolotl
2017-12-06 16:20:29 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Irreverend Dave
This short video clip from the HBO documentary Questioning Darwin helps
explain the creationist mindset.
It is very sad to see so many human being indoctrinated to be so illogical.
Darwinism is a phantasy. There is no proven mechanism for
it to happen. It is sad to see so many gullible who are being
so easily deceived.
.> Deep down he knew that he was devoting his precious life
.> ---> to a phantasy.
.> "Often and often a cold shudder has
.> run through me, and I have asked
.> myself whether I may not have
.> devoted my life to a phantasy."
.> ~Darwin

Maliciously dishonest quote mining aside, I'll point out that
even if Darwin had said, on his deathbed:

"Lean in, I have something I need to say".

"No, closer..."

"Closer..."

"BWAHAHAHAHAhahaha <gasp> <wheeze> I PWNED YOU ALL,SUCKERS!!! HAHAHAHA <THUMP!>"

It wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference.

It's not far and away the consensus opinion because Darwin said it.
It's far and away the consensus opinion because of all the research
that's been done in the century and a half since he said it.

Of course, that won't stop you from quote mining him again, ad infinitum,
because that's one of your standard pack of bumper sticker slogans,
and because you just don't care.

AA
http://youtu.be/R-cHUZwEo3M
prof. biochemistry
Irreverend Dave
2017-12-06 23:02:33 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by Irreverend Dave
http://youtu.be/R-cHUZwEo3M
The full documentary goes deeper into the mindset and juxtaposes
creationist faith against Charles Darwin's extensive and lifelong
effort to flesh out the theory that is now integrated into almost
all modern biology.
Too bad it was all only a phantasy.
If you really think that evolution is a fantasy, perhaps you would do
better informing the major universities of the world that they're funding
this fantasy rather than wasting your time here. What I would suggest is
that you get right on an email campaign letting all the top universities
know about this terrible hoax that has been perpetrated for over a
hundred years.

You'll be a hero! You'll be saving these universities millions in funding
that might better be spent on promoting Bible study or something useful
like that. Why they might even put a statue of you on the grounds of
every top ranked university in the world.

Just to help you out, here's a ranked list of universities with a biology
department.

https://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/university-subject-
rankings/2017/biological-sciences
Yap Honghor
2017-12-07 00:48:00 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Irreverend Dave
This short video clip from the HBO documentary Questioning Darwin helps
explain the creationist mindset.
It is very sad to see so many human being indoctrinated to be so illogical.
Darwinism is a phantasy. There is no proven mechanism for
it to happen. It is sad to see so many gullible who are being
so easily deceived.
Darwinism is some discovery in science which is useful for human.
Your pixie is non-existent, so never useful at all.

That is the difference!
Post by Andrew
Deep down he knew that he was devoting his precious life
---> to a phantasy.
Deep down he uses his life and intelligence for the cause of mankind, not trying to capture a fairy or pixie....
http://youtu.be/R-cHUZwEo3M
prof. biochemistry
v***@gmail.com
Not everyone who doubts Darwin is a creationist. I have doubts about Darwin and I am NOT a creationist.
Malte Runz
2017-12-06 10:02:53 UTC
Post by Irreverend Dave
This short video clip from the HBO documentary Questioning Darwin helps
explain the creationist mindset.
http://youtu.be/R-cHUZwEo3M
The full documentary goes deeper into the mindset and juxtaposes
creationist faith against Charles Darwin's extensive and lifelong effort to
flesh out the theory that is now integrated into almost all modern biology.
http://youtu.be/iySlSq7Cpbk
--
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist
in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan
Not everyone who doubts Darwin is a creationist. I have doubts about Darwin and I am NOT a creationist.
What doubts might that be, and how is that related to everything we
know about evolution today, that Darwin didn't know?
Malte Runz
v***@gmail.com
I've been over that several times.
Malte Runz
2017-12-06 19:44:50 UTC
Post by Malte Runz
Post by v***@gmail.com
Post by Irreverend Dave
[...]
I must have missed it. Anyway...

Whatever Darwin believed, whether he was right or wrong about this or
that, doesn't matter. He has long ceased to be an authority.

Is it the concept of evolution you have doubts about.
Malte Runz
v***@gmail.com
2017-12-07 02:38:10 UTC
Post by Malte Runz
Post by v***@gmail.com
Post by Irreverend Dave
[...]
Look in the archives.

Christopher A. Lee
2017-12-06 16:11:52 UTC
On Wed, 06 Dec 2017 11:02:53 +0100, Malte Runz
Post by Malte Runz
Post by v***@gmail.com
Post by Irreverend Dave
This short video clip from the HBO documentary Questioning Darwin helps
explain the creationist mindset.
http://youtu.be/R-cHUZwEo3M
The full documentary goes deeper into the mindset and juxtaposes
creationist faith against Charles Darwin's extensive and lifelong effort to
flesh out the theory that is now integrated into almost all modern biology.
http://youtu.be/iySlSq7Cpbk
--
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist
in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan
Not everyone who doubts Darwin is a creationist. I have doubts
about Darwin and I am NOT a creationist.
He's lying, yet again, because he regularly cites creationist canards.

What is there to doubt about Darwin? He was a genius and a great
scientist, on a par with Newton and Einstein.

He provided the first scientifically derived explanation for the facts
of evolution which had been known since the 1700s. He predicted that
mechanisms for heredity and mutation would be found - and they
subsequently were.

The latter is his other great contribution to the scientific method -
confirmation or refutation of prediction.
He's an ID creationist.
v***@gmail.com
2017-12-06 20:45:35 UTC
On Wed, 06 Dec 2017 11:02:53 +0100, Malte Runz
https://tinyurl.com/yd59p2kt
Irreverend Dave
2017-12-06 22:49:47 UTC
Post by Malte Runz
Post by Malte Runz
What doubts might that be, and how is that related to everything we
know about evolution today, that Darwin didn't know?
He's an ID creationist.
When I posted this it was not my intention to stir up the trolls but
rather to make people aware that attempting to reason with a creationist
is totally futile due to their indoctrination.

Given the pastor in the video who proclaimed with a straight face that,
if the Bible said that two plus two is equal to five, he would accept it
as true, and do his best to work it out and understand it, how can you
not come to the realization that these people are brainwashed beyond
hope?
Yap Honghor
2017-12-07 01:03:35 UTC
Post by Malte Runz
Post by Malte Runz
What doubts might that be, and how is that related to everything we
know about evolution today, that Darwin didn't know?
He's an ID creationist.
When I posted this it was not my intention to stir up the trolls but
rather to make people aware that attempting to reason with a creationist
is totally futile due to their indoctrination.
Given the pastor in the video who proclaimed with a straight face that,
if the Bible said that two plus two is equal to five, he would accept it
as true, and do his best to work it out and understand it, how can you
not come to the realization that these people are brainwashed beyond
hope?
See how would a believer behave even if he finds wrong in 2+2=5?
That is something seriously wrong with the mind which is either stupid or damaged!
Michael Christ
2017-12-06 20:07:20 UTC
Post by Irreverend Dave
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist
in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan
The only problem with that is you make the universe what you say it
is...and you are fallible.

Michael Christ
Malte Runz
2017-12-06 20:27:33 UTC
On Thu, 7 Dec 2017 07:07:20 +1100, Michael Christ
Post by Michael Christ
Post by Irreverend Dave
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist
in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan
The only problem with that is you make the universe what you say it
is... ...
What! You've turned Sagan's word 180 degrees. He basically said 'don't
make the Universe just what you say it is, instead see it for what it
really is'.
Post by Michael Christ
... and you are fallible.
Aren't we all.
Malte Runz
Kevrob
2017-12-06 21:04:52 UTC
Post by Malte Runz
On Thu, 7 Dec 2017 07:07:20 +1100, Michael Christ
Post by Michael Christ
... and you are fallible.
Aren't we all.
All real beings, as far as we know to date, are fallible.

Michael, unfortunately, has an imagined wider acquaintance,
that includes an infallible one - or three!