The Myth of Free Will - 03
Add Reply
b***@gmail.com
2018-09-12 12:35:30 UTC
THE MYTH OF SPIRITUAL FREEDOM
by Walter Chantry

Nevertheless many assert that the human will makes the ultimate choice of
spiritual life or spiritual death. Here the will is altogether free to
choose eternal life offered in Jesus Christ or to reject it. It is said
that God will give a new heart to all who choose by the power of their
own free will to receive Jesus Christ.

There can be no question that receiving Jesus Christ is an act of the
human will. It is often called "faith." But how do men come to willingly
receive the Lord? It is usually answered, "Out of the power of their own
free will." But how can that be? Jesus is a prophet. To receive him means
to believe all that he says. In John 8:41-45 Jesus made it clear that you
were born of Satan. This evil father hates the truth and imparted the
same bias into your heart by nature. Hence said Jesus, "Because I tell
you the truth, you do not believe me." How does the human will jump out
of man to choose to believe what the human mind hates and denies?

To receive Jesus further means to embrace him as a priest—that is, to
employ, and depend on him to sue out peace with God by sacrifice and
intercession. Paul tells us that the mind with which we were born is
hostile to God (Rom. 8:7). How can the will escape the influence of human
nature which was born with a violent enmity to God? It would be insane
for the will to choose peace when every bone and drop of blood cries out
for rebellion.

Then too, receiving Jesus means to welcome him as a king. It means
choosing to obey his every command, to confess his right of rule, and to
worship before his throne. But the human mind, emotions, and desires all
cry out, "We will not have this man to reign over us" (Luke 19:14). If my
whole being hates his truth, hates his rule, and hates peace with God,
how can my will be responsible for receiving Jesus? How can such a sinner
have faith?

It is not man's will but God's grace that must be thanked for giving a
sinner a new heart. Unless God changes the heart, creates a new spirit of
peace, truthfulness, and submission, man will not choose to receive Jesus
Christ and eternal life in Him. A new heart must be given before a man
will believe, or else the human will is hopelessly enslaved to evil human
nature—even in the matter of conversion. Jesus said, "Marvel not that I
said to you, you must be born again" (John 3:7). Unless you are, you will
never see his kingdom.

Read John 1:12 & 13. It says that those who believe on Jesus have been
"born, not of the will of man, but of God." As your will is not
responsible for your coming into this world, it is not responsible for
the new birth. It is your Creator who must be thanked for your life, and
if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation (II Cor. 5:17). Who ever
chose to be created? When Lazarus rose from the dead, he chose to answer
the call of Christ, but he did not choose to come to life. So Paul said
in Ephesians 2:4 & 5, "When we were dead in sins God has quickened us
with Christ (by grace you are saved)." Faith is the first act of a will
made new by the Holy Spirit. Receiving Christ is an act of man just as
breathing is, but God must first give life.
John Ritson
2018-09-12 13:54:21 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
[...]
Poor dim Water Chantry wrote:
"the descendants of Adam are so evil that they always choose the evil."

And

"There can be no question that receiving Jesus Christ is an act of the
human will."

So "receiving Jesus Christ" must be evil.
--
John Ritson

https://www.avg.com
Bob
2018-09-12 14:23:07 UTC
Post by John Ritson
"the descendants of Adam are so evil that they always choose the evil."
And
"There can be no question that receiving Jesus Christ is an act of the
human will."
So "receiving Jesus Christ" must be evil.
Ritson the Idiot has a severe reading comprehension problem:

"It is not man's will but God's grace that must be thanked for giving a
sinner a new heart. Unless God changes the heart, creates a new spirit of
peace, truthfulness, and submission, man will not choose to receive Jesus
Christ and eternal life in Him. A new heart must be given before a man
will believe, or else the human will is hopelessly enslaved to evil human
nature—even in the matter of conversion. Jesus said, "Marvel not that I
said to you, you must be born again" (John 3:7). Unless you are, you will
never see his kingdom."

You're welcome.

<smirk>
Greywolf
2018-09-12 15:23:57 UTC
Post by Bob
Post by John Ritson
[...]
_________

Did you know that it was really "the Word" that created the universe and all that exists?

Oh, I hope you're not mistaken and believe I'm referring to that imaginary creature found in John 1:3. No. I'm referring to the REAL creator of all that exists. And I'm speaking, of course, the Holy Son of the Leprechaun who "begat" the "Son" without the need for a Leprechaun wife.

And did you know the Holy Son of the Leprechaun pretended to die on a Roman cross for the atonement of mankind's sins on the planet Neptune--and froze His ass off pretending He died?

What? You're laughing at that? You ungrateful pig! Get down on your knees and beg that the Son of the Leprechaun doesn't send your sorry-ass to Hell this very minute!

Oh, you don't believe the Son of the Leprechaun actually exists. *That's* why you're laughing so, isn't it?

Well, it's up to YOU to prove He doesn't. Isn't it? And you can't!

That proves I'm telling the truth, doesn't it? You can't prove me wrong.

So either prove some other being created the universe, or shut your sorry-ass up. Your blasphemous disbelief in the Son of the Leprechaun is only going to doom your sorry-ass for all of eternity, you idiot.

Beg the Son of the Leprechaun for forgiveness. And show how much you love and adore Him by drinking nothing other than Guinness Stout Beer and having the Mrs. make you nothing but Colcannon to eat for the next 40 days and nights. And maybe, just maybe, the Son of the Leprechaun will forgive you.

Ditch that "opinion" of yours that some being you refer to as "God" actually exists. Trust me, you won't be able to prove it; even if your very life depended on it. That's a just a lie you've been obviously brainwashed into believing.

Praise the Son of the Leprechaun! He made sure the Packers beat the Bears Sunday night. Now *that's* some kinda supernatural being!! Beats the pants of YOUR non existing being, doesn't He? And proves He truly exists, doesn't it?

No,He doesn't you say? Well prove it! And don't even THINK of asking ME to prove He exists. That's you being just ridiculous. After all, don't you insist atheists disprove "God" exists. Hell, which of the three Christian Gods are your referring to?

No, it's up to YOU to prove The Leprechaun, but more specifically, the Son of the Leprechaun doesn't exist, you yo-yo. Good luck with that one, you imbecile.

See how that works.

<smirk>

No, No, no need for you to do that! Off your knees. I was only glad to enlighten you. Kissing my feet is embarrassing me to no end. Please, a simple "Thank you" is more than enough to express your immense gratitude. I was more than glad to help.
Smiler
2018-09-15 01:29:06 UTC
Post by Greywolf
Post by Bob
Post by John Ritson
[...]
If he accepts the holy spirits (AKA whiskey) into his life, he will find the
Leprechaun and the Son of Leprechaun eventually.

Notice that, like his supposed son of god, there is no Mrs. Leprechaun
around.
--
Smiler, The godless one. a.a.# 2279
All gods are tailored to order. They're made

2018-09-12 15:35:43 UTC
Post by Bob
Post by John Ritson
"the descendants of Adam are so evil that they always choose the evil."
And
"There can be no question that receiving Jesus Christ is an act of the
human will."
So "receiving Jesus Christ" must be evil.
"It is not man's will but God's grace that must be thanked for giving a
sinner a new heart. Unless God changes the heart, creates a new spirit of
peace, truthfulness, and submission, man will not choose to receive Jesus
Christ and eternal life in Him. A new heart must be given before a man
will believe, or else the human will is hopelessly enslaved to evil human
nature—even in the matter of conversion. Jesus said, "Marvel not that I
said to you, you must be born again" (John 3:7). Unless you are, you will
never see his kingdom."
You're welcome.
...you've still got the same old problem. There's no fucking evidence
for the existence of any god, Jesus, sin, external life or kingdom.
Looks like you've got a real problem there substantiating your
crazy ass dogma. You're in dire need of some real proof for all
of those components else no one's gonna lend any credibility
whatsoever to your bizarre claims.

..word of advice therre Booby...find youself a new hobby !

You're welcome.
Bob
2018-09-12 19:19:58 UTC
Post by Bob
Post by John Ritson
"the descendants of Adam are so evil that they always choose the evil."
And
"There can be no question that receiving Jesus Christ is an act of the
human will."
So "receiving Jesus Christ" must be evil.
"It is not man's will but God's grace that must be thanked for giving a
sinner a new heart. Unless God changes the heart, creates a new spirit of
peace, truthfulness, and submission, man will not choose to receive Jesus
Christ and eternal life in Him. A new heart must be given before a man
will believe, or else the human will is hopelessly enslaved to evil human
nature—even in the matter of conversion. Jesus said, "Marvel not that I
said to you, you must be born again" (John 3:7). Unless you are, you will
never see his kingdom."
You're welcome.
...you've still got the same old problem. There's no evidence
for the existence of any God, Jesus, sin, eternal life or kingdom.
Looks like you've got a real problem there substantiating your
crazy dogma.
No. You're wrong, again. You still don't get it.

"A new heart must be given before a man will believe, or else the human
will is hopelessly enslaved to evil human nature—even in the matter of
conversion."

You can't see any evidence for God because God, evidently, has decided
not to show you the evidence for His existence. In other words, God has
decided to leave you on His "reject list".

It's just that simple. Get used to it. Learn to live with it.

You're welcome.

<smirk>
John Locke
2018-09-13 15:25:56 UTC
Post by Bob
Post by Bob
Post by John Ritson
[...]
...mother nature, after billions of years of evolution, has left you
immune and gullible to religious nonsense. One day, this genetic
predisposition to religious toxin will have a cure but in the meantime
I suggest you move to Antarctica to isolate yourself from any further
contamination.
Bob
2018-09-13 16:25:35 UTC
...mother nature, after billions of years of evolution, has left you
immune and gullible to religious nonsense. One day, this genetic
predisposition to religious toxin will have a cure but in the meantime
I suggest you move to Antarctica to isolate yourself from any further
contamination.
Just your opinion...without a shred of evidence...

Live with it.

<smirk>
John Locke
...correction, "immune and gullible"" should have been "nonimmune".
Bob
2018-09-14 16:00:39 UTC
...mother nature, after billions of years of evolution, has left you
immune and gullible to religious nonsense. One day, this genetic
predisposition to religious toxin will have a cure but in the meantime
I suggest you move to Antarctica to isolate yourself from any further
contamination.
...correction, "immune and gullible"" should have been "nonimmune".
Whatever. It's still nothing more than your unsupported opinion.

And it means absolutely nothing to me.

Got it?

Now get used to it.
Kevrob
2018-09-13 19:56:10 UTC
Post by Bob
...you've still got the same old problem. There's no evidence
for the existence of any God, Jesus, sin, eternal life or kingdom.
Looks like you've got a real problem there substantiating your
crazy dogma.
No. You're wrong, again. You still don't get it.
"A new heart must be given before a man will believe, or else the human
will is hopelessly enslaved to evil human nature—even in the matter of
conversion."
You can't see any evidence for God because God, evidently, has decided
not to show you the evidence for His existence. In other words, God has
decided to leave you on His "reject list".
It's an unfalsifiable closed system, then. We knew that

Duncan has an astonishing reservoir of hatred towards the human race.
His belief in the nonsense of "election" keeps it from being naked
self-hatred, but, if in the wee small hours, in the darkness of his
bedchamber, his faith in that status ever wavers, he must be drenched
in the sweat of fear, that he will be cast into perdition with the rest
of us "unregenerates," irrespective of whether he has behaved morally
or not by any objective standard. Yahooey just didn't pick everybody to
be "saved," and there's nothing one can do if one isn't on "the guest
list."

This is a moral theory of the universe based on its creator being
a psychopathic fuck, which is a major argument against it, especially
if one is supposed to affirm that the ghod is omnibenevolent.

Calvinism, besides being unbelievable, is a horrifyingly unlovely
belief-system. If Calvin's ghod existed, it would be morally
incumbent on thinking beings to kill it.

2018-09-13 21:31:55 UTC
Post by Bob
No. You're wrong, again. You still don't get it.
"A new heart must be given before a man will believe, or else the human
will is hopelessly enslaved to evil human nature—even in the matter of
conversion."
You can't see any evidence for God because God, evidently, has decided
not to show you the evidence for His existence. In other words, God has
decided to leave you on His "reject list".
It's an unfalsifiable closed system, then.
Well, God doesn't play your little games.

You will play His game though.

<smirk>
Kevrob
2018-09-14 01:00:34 UTC
Post by Bob
Post by Kevrob
Post by Bob
No. You're wrong, again. You still don't get it.
"A new heart must be given before a man will believe, or else the human
will is hopelessly enslaved to evil human nature—even in the matter of
conversion."
You can't see any evidence for God because God, evidently, has decided
not to show you the evidence for His existence. In other words, God has
decided to leave you on His "reject list".
It's an unfalsifiable closed system, then.
Well, God doesn't play your little games.
You will play His game though.
Dream on, you little flesh-robot, you.

You worship a figment of your imagination with all
the moral worth of a 5-year old playing with toy
soldiers. You are one of its "little green guys,"
with or without the "red stripe down your back."

a.a 32310
Bob
2018-09-14 11:42:26 UTC
You worship a figment of your imagination with all
the moral worth of a 5-year old playing with toy
soldiers.
If you want me to believe that, you have to show proof for it.

But I notice you don't, because you can't.

Because it's just your opinion, with nothing to support it but more of
your unsupported opinions.

It's like a house of sand, built upon sand. And it's getting ready to
rain....

But don't let it get to you. You're where you are, with all your unsupported
beliefs and opinions, because this is where God predestined you to be, long
before he had even created anything.

<smirk>

You're welcome.
John Ritson
2018-09-12 21:00:16 UTC
Post by Bob
Post by John Ritson
"the descendants of Adam are so evil that they always choose the evil."
And
"There can be no question that receiving Jesus Christ is an act of the
human will."
So "receiving Jesus Christ" must be evil.
"It is not man's will but God's grace that must be thanked for giving a
sinner a new heart. Unless God changes the heart, creates a new spirit of
peace, truthfulness, and submission, man will not choose to receive Jesus
Christ and eternal life in Him. A new heart must be given before a man
will believe, or else the human will is hopelessly enslaved to evil human
nature—even in the matter of conversion. Jesus said, "Marvel not that I
said to you, you must be born again" (John 3:7). Unless you are, you will
never see his kingdom."
Poor confused Walter Chantry managed to write both:
"There can be no question that receiving Jesus Christ is an act of the
human will."
and
"It is not man's will but God's grace that must be thanked for giving a
sinner a new heart."

What a dimwit.
--
John Ritson

https://www.avg.com
Bob
2018-09-12 22:17:00 UTC
Post by John Ritson
Post by Bob
Post by John Ritson
[...]
Once again, Ritson the Idiot proves that he has a severe reading
comprehension problem.

He is unable to see they are two different things in those two quotes.

Ritson the Idiot can only take what he reads out of context.

You're welcome.

<smirk>
John Ritson
2018-09-13 10:20:27 UTC
Post by Bob
Post by John Ritson
Post by Bob
Post by John Ritson
[...]
Once again, Robert Duncan/Jeremy Brown/Calvin Ramsay/Matthias
Sereno/Michael Lankford/Kelli Gibson/Stu D. Baker/Edsel D. Soto/Kevin
Madison/Molly Quel/Ellas McDaniel/Hunsawa Shayar/Bob <***@null.null>/Bo
b<***@noel.noel>/***@gmail.com applies the standard Calvinist
technique of insisting that words mean what he wants them to mean, not
what they actually say.

But we can't blame Robert Duncan/Jeremy Brown/Calvin Ramsay/Matthias
Sereno/Michael Lankford/Kelli Gibson/Stu D. Baker/Edsel D. Soto/Kevin
Madison/Molly Quel/Ellas McDaniel/Hunsawa Shayar/Bob <***@null.null>/Bo
b<***@noel.noel>/***@gmail.com because, according to Walter
Chantry, "the descendants of Adam are so evil that they always choose
the evil."
--
John Ritson

https://www.avg.com
Bob
2018-09-13 13:01:49 UTC
Post by Bob
Once again, Ritson the Idiot proves that he has a severe reading
comprehension problem.
He is unable to see they are two different things in those two quotes.
Once again, Robert Duncan applies the standard Calvinist
technique of insisting that words mean what he wants them to mean, not
what they actually say.
That's just your opinion.

Let's see you prove it.

You're welcome.

<smirk>
John Ritson
2018-09-13 14:56:10 UTC
Post by Bob
Post by Bob
Once again, Ritson the Idiot proves that he has a severe reading
comprehension problem.
He is unable to see they are two different things in those two quotes.
Once again, Robert Duncan applies the standard Calvinist
technique of insisting that words mean what he wants them to mean, not
what they actually say.
That's just your opinion.
Let's see you prove it.
You're welcome.
<smirk>
The standard concession of defeat from Robert Duncan/Jeremy Brown/Calvin
Ramsay/Matthias Sereno/Michael Lankford/Kelli Gibson/Stu D. Baker/Edsel
D. Soto/Kevin Madison/Molly Quel/Ellas McDaniel/Hunsawa Shayar/
Bob <***@null.null>/Bob<***@noel.noel>/***@gmail.com.

How can anything be proved to someone who refuses to accept that words
mean what they say?

https://www.avg.com
Bob
2018-09-13 15:35:12 UTC
Post by John Ritson
Post by Bob
That's just your opinion.
Let's see you prove it.
How can anything be proved to someone who refuses to accept that words
mean what they say?
You won't be proving anything to me. I already know you can't do it.

You see, I know that "There can be no question that receiving Jesus
Christ is an act of the human will." and "It is not man's will but God's
grace that must be thanked for giving a sinner a new heart.", are two
separate quotes about two separate and completely different subjects.

You'll be proving to all your peers here in a.a., and to all your decedents
who will be reading this years from now, that you're not some loquacious
loose-lipped loser, who's been dragged face-down through his own feces,
again and again and again.

So, do it for them, if not for yourself.

<smirk>

You're welcome,
Stu D. Baker, Esq.
John Ritson
2018-09-13 19:22:55 UTC
Post by Bob
Post by John Ritson
Post by Bob
That's just your opinion.
Let's see you prove it.

https://www.avg.com
Bob
2018-09-13 21:26:17 UTC
Post by John Ritson
Post by Bob
Post by John Ritson
Post by Bob
That's just your opinion.
Let's see you prove it.

Stu D. Baker, Esq.
Christopher A. Lee
2018-09-12 15:04:56 UTC
On Wed, 12 Sep 2018 14:54:21 +0100, John Ritson
Post by John Ritson
Post by b***@gmail.com
[...]
They never give a thought to the consequences of their bullshitting
nonsense.