Ping Tim - duke on quadratic equations
2017-09-14 21:28:56 UTC
According to Duke, quadratic equations look like coat hangers, and
have only one solution each.

http://tinyurl.com/ya795j5o

http://tinyurl.com/yahobxb6
Atlatl Axolotl
2017-09-14 21:59:34 UTC
According to Duke, quadratic equations look like coat hangers, and
have only one solution each.
http://tinyurl.com/ya795j5o
http://tinyurl.com/yahobxb6
Hilarious! Apparently Duke thinks '±' is a little crucifixion symbol they stuck in there
for religious reasons.

AtlAxo
Ted
2017-09-14 22:37:49 UTC
On Thu, 14 Sep 2017 14:59:34 -0700 (PDT), Atlatl Axolotl
Post by Atlatl Axolotl
Post by Ted
According to Duke, quadratic equations look like coat hangers, and
have only one solution each.
http://tinyurl.com/ya795j5o
http://tinyurl.com/yahobxb6
Hilarious! Apparently Duke thinks '±' is a little crucifixion symbol they stuck in there
for religious reasons.
AtlAxo
LOL! If he even knows that much.

Those were from the discussions we had with Duke in the "Bigoted
teacher" thread during late spring/early summer. He often googled
then, and sometimes copied and pasted what he found, but it was always
obvious that he had no clue what it meant.

This is one of my favorites:

F = Gm 1 m 2 /d 2

http://tinyurl.com/ydydt4d6
Atlatl Axolotl
2017-09-14 22:45:38 UTC
Post by Ted
According to Duke, quadratic equations look like coat hangers, and
have only one solution each.
http://tinyurl.com/ya795j5o
http://tinyurl.com/yahobxb6
Hilarious! Apparently Duke thinks 'ą' is a little crucifixion symbol they stuck in there
for religious reasons.
AtlAxo
LOL! If he even knows that much.
Hmm...looks my standard plus-over-minus character may not have translated.
Probably depends on your browser.
Post by Ted
Those were from the discussions we had with Duke in the "Bigoted
teacher" thread during late spring/early summer. He often googled
then, and sometimes copied and pasted what he found, but it was always
obvious that he had no clue what it meant.
F = Gm 1 m 2 /d 2
http://tinyurl.com/ydydt4d6
Well, you can lead a Duke to knowledge, but...

I brought up the same equation in the silly "satellites aren't being accelerated" thread.
Except I knew what and why.

Atlatl
Ted
2017-09-14 22:54:25 UTC
Post by Ted
Those were from the discussions we had with Duke in the "Bigoted
teacher" thread during late spring/early summer. He often googled
then, and sometimes copied and pasted what he found, but it was always
obvious that he had no clue what it meant.
F = Gm 1 m 2 /d 2
http://tinyurl.com/ydydt4d6
Well, you can lead a Duke to knowledge, but...
LOL. Exactly. It isn't just a refresher for Duke. He literally never
learned it in the first place.
Post by Atlatl Axolotl
I brought up the same equation in the silly "satellites aren't being accelerated" thread.
Except I knew what and why.
Atlatl
LOL. Of course you did, and the way you wrote it proved you knew it. In
Duke's case, he couldn't have done a more clueless copy-and-paste if he'd
tried.
Ted
2017-09-15 05:40:31 UTC
Post by Ted
According to Duke, quadratic equations look like coat hangers, and
have only one solution each.
http://tinyurl.com/ya795j5o
http://tinyurl.com/yahobxb6
Hilarious! Apparently Duke thinks 'ą' is a little crucifixion symbol they stuck in there
for religious reasons.
AtlAxo
LOL! If he even knows that much.
Hmm...looks my standard plus-over-minus character may not have translated.
Probably depends on your browser.
Yes, my software displayed it correctly, but it must have gotten munged on
its way back to you.
hleopold
2017-09-15 11:14:20 UTC
Post by Ted
According to Duke, quadratic equations look like coat hangers, and
have only one solution each.
http://tinyurl.com/ya795j5o
http://tinyurl.com/yahobxb6
Hilarious! Apparently Duke thinks 'ą' is a little crucifixion symbol they
stuck in there
for religious reasons.
AtlAxo
LOL! If he even knows that much.
Hmm...looks my standard plus-over-minus character may not have translated.
Probably depends on your browser.
Looked fine on mine, in your post, does not in this. (On a Mac with Hogwasher
as my news reader.)
--
Harry F. Leopold
aa #2076

"Idealists have brought more death, pain and war to this world than all the
cynical bastards put together."
duke
2017-09-15 17:27:57 UTC
Post by Ted
Those were from the discussions we had with Duke in the "Bigoted
teacher" thread during late spring/early summer. He often googled
then, and sometimes copied and pasted what he found, but it was always
obvious that he had no clue what it meant.
F = Gm 1 m 2 /d 2
http://tinyurl.com/ydydt4d6
Well, you can lead a Duke to knowledge, but...
I brought up the same equation in the silly "satellites aren't being accelerated" thread.
Except I knew what and why.
Like a ball on a string?? Heeheehee.
Post by Atlatl Axolotl
Atlatl

The Catholic Church is like a thick steak, a glass of red wine
and a good cigar.

G.K. Chesterton
2017-09-15 17:26:58 UTC
Post by Atlatl Axolotl
Post by Ted
According to Duke, quadratic equations look like coat hangers, and
have only one solution each.
http://tinyurl.com/ya795j5o
http://tinyurl.com/yahobxb6
Hilarious! Apparently Duke thinks '±' is a little crucifixion symbol they stuck in there
for religious reasons.
AtlAxo
LOL! If he even knows that much.
Those were from the discussions we had with Duke in the "Bigoted
teacher" thread during late spring/early summer. He often googled
then, and sometimes copied and pasted what he found, but it was always
obvious that he had no clue what it meant.
F = Gm 1 m 2 /d 2
http://tinyurl.com/ydydt4d6
It says the rope tension is NOT W/2. Heeheehee.

2017-09-15 17:46:00 UTC
Post by Atlatl Axolotl
Post by Ted
According to Duke, quadratic equations look like coat hangers, and
have only one solution each.
http://tinyurl.com/ya795j5o
http://tinyurl.com/yahobxb6
Hilarious! Apparently Duke thinks '±' is a little crucifixion symbol they stuck in there
for religious reasons.
AtlAxo
LOL! If he even knows that much.
Those were from the discussions we had with Duke in the "Bigoted
teacher" thread during late spring/early summer. He often googled
then, and sometimes copied and pasted what he found, but it was always
obvious that he had no clue what it meant.
F = Gm 1 m 2 /d 2
http://tinyurl.com/ydydt4d6
It says the rope tension is NOT W/2. Heeheehee.
the dukester, American-American
You didn't know what it meant when you copied and pasted it and you
still don't know what it means. LOL. You're such a buffoon, Duke. For
example, the time you were so thrilled when you thought I said the rope
tension was W/2. Remember? :)

Ted: "the tension's vertical component would be W/2."

Duke: "That's not the tension in the ropes, stupid ass. You smelled
from the getgo. Some D student. Haahaahaa.
You can't even solve your own problem, like as you said, it's sooooo
easy. Haahaahaa"
http://tinyurl.com/y9tw4y4x (August 30)

Duke: "You're playing dodge ball, teddie the fairy. You tried to say
that the vertical component of tension in the rope was W/2. You got
caught with your pants down around your ankles."
http://tinyurl.com/y7jzk447 (August 31)

LOL. Hey, but no problem! All you have to do now is lie about it. :)
duke
2017-09-15 13:09:48 UTC
Post by Atlatl Axolotl
Post by Ted
According to Duke, quadratic equations look like coat hangers, and
have only one solution each.
http://tinyurl.com/ya795j5o
http://tinyurl.com/yahobxb6
Hilarious! Apparently Duke thinks '±' is a little crucifixion symbol they stuck in there
for religious reasons.
Think absolutes can't have "2 or more" answers.

*****
Atlatl Axolotl
2017-09-15 13:46:02 UTC
Post by Ted
According to Duke, quadratic equations look like coat hangers, and
have only one solution each.
http://tinyurl.com/ya795j5o
http://tinyurl.com/yahobxb6
.> >Hilarious! Apparently Duke thinks 'ą' is a little crucifixion symbol they stuck in there
.> >for religious reasons.
.> Think absolutes can't have "2 or more" answers.

Since I'm come late to this party, why don't you tell me
what an "absolute" is, and what is its relevance
to a quadratic equation?

Oh, and by the way, the Fundamental Theorem of Algebra states
that "Every non-zero, single-variable, degree n polynomial with complex
coefficients has, counted with multiplicity, exactly n complex roots."
And since all coefficients are complex (since `'i' may = 0) then any
polynomal of order N has N roots. Again, some may have i = 0.

A linear equation has one root, a quadratic equation has two
roots, a cubic equation has three roots, a quartic equation...

AA
Ted
2017-09-15 14:53:00 UTC
Post by Ted
According to Duke, quadratic equations look like coat hangers, and
have only one solution each.
http://tinyurl.com/ya795j5o
http://tinyurl.com/yahobxb6
.> >Hilarious! Apparently Duke thinks 'ą' is a little crucifixion symbol they stuck in there
.> >for religious reasons.
.> Think absolutes can't have "2 or more" answers.
Since I'm come late to this party, why don't you tell me
what an "absolute" is, and what is its relevance
to a quadratic equation?
Duke's never defined it, AFAIK.
Let me guess. You also know how to prove the theorem. Right? :)
A***@yahoo.com
no need to. you need to go read comics.
Ted
2017-09-15 05:51:41 UTC
Post by A***@yahoo.com
Post by Ted
According to Duke, quadratic equations look like coat hangers, and
have only one solution each.
http://tinyurl.com/ya795j5o
http://tinyurl.com/yahobxb6
no need to. you need to go read comics.
This is better. Duke's stupidity is even more amusing than yours. Btw, why
don't you use the shift key? Do you need that hand for playing with
yourself?
Marvin Sebourn
2017-09-15 15:23:37 UTC
Post by A***@yahoo.com
Post by Ted
According to Duke, quadratic equations look like coat hangers, and
have only one solution each.
http://tinyurl.com/ya795j5o
http://tinyurl.com/yahobxb6
no need to. you need to go read comics.
Ted: > This is better. Duke's stupidity is even more amusing than yours. Btw, why
Post by Ted
don't you use the shift key?
Maybe he's shiftless, Ted.

Marvin

Marvin Sebourn
***@aol.com

yourself?
Ted
2017-09-15 15:36:00 UTC
Post by Marvin Sebourn
Post by Ted
Post by A***@yahoo.com
Post by Ted
According to Duke, quadratic equations look like coat hangers, and
have only one solution each.
http://tinyurl.com/ya795j5o
http://tinyurl.com/yahobxb6
no need to. you need to go read comics.
Ted: > This is better. Duke's stupidity is even more amusing than yours. Btw, why
Post by Ted
don't you use the shift key?
Maybe he's shiftless, Ted.
Marvin
Marvin Sebourn
Oh yeah. Now that you mention it, of course! Thanks Marvin. :)
duke
2017-09-15 13:08:57 UTC
According to Duke, quadratic equations look like coat hangers, and
have only one solution each.
http://tinyurl.com/ya795j5o
2 intercepts unless a = 0.
http://tinyurl.com/yahobxb6

2017-09-15 14:36:00 UTC
According to Duke, quadratic equations look like coat hangers, and
have only one solution each.
http://tinyurl.com/ya795j5o
These are your exact words: "Nope, pick a value for a and b and for c
and you get one value for x."
Post by duke
2 intercepts unless a = 0.
Duke, you don't even know what an intercept is, you just googled and
copied. Infinitely many quadratic equations have 3 intercepts and
infinitely many have only 1. AA would know if there are quadratic
equations with only 2 intercepts, but I don't, and I wouldn't be
surprised if there aren't.
http://tinyurl.com/yahobxb6
Absolutes can't have "2 or more" answers.
So then, according to your definition, quadratic equations aren't
"absolutes" (whatever that is).
Ted
2017-09-15 14:57:00 UTC
Post by duke
2 intercepts unless a = 0.
Duke, you don't even know what an intercept is, you just googled and
copied. Infinitely many quadratic equations have 3 intercepts and
infinitely many have only 1. AA would know if there are quadratic
equations with only 2 intercepts, but I don't, and I wouldn't be
surprised if there aren't.
I just realized, if the vertex lies on an axis, then there can be two.
Are there any other cases?