Refuting the Catholic Doctrine of Purgatory Biblically and Historically
Add Reply
b***@gmail.com
2017-09-05 22:07:04 UTC
Documentary: Purgatory Debunked

--
"These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.
They worship me in vain; their teachings are merely human rules."
[Matthew 15:8, 9]
He Kicked Their Jewish Butts Out Of The Land
2017-09-05 22:17:33 UTC
http://youtu.be/6vnqFFUz_AU
You can't refute it if you have never died and come back to life. Even If you did we will not believe you because you're usurping the prerogatives reserved to God....
a322x1n
2017-09-05 23:19:31 UTC
Boob, you couldn't debunk the tooth fairy!
Malcolm McMahon
2017-09-06 12:38:53 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Documentary: Purgatory Debunked
If you want these "angels on a pin-head" theological arguments, why not post to a Catholic newsgroup.

From the Atheist point of view you're _all_ crazy.

Viewed as a political entity (which is what it is) we can see the sense of most of what the Catholic Church has dreamed up.

Mary is worshipped (and she is) because religion works better with a Goddess available. There are some things people don't want to talk to a _male_ god about.

Purgatory provides a reason to keep in with the Church.

Yes, it's very little to do with Christ. Christ appears to have said very little. He seems, at times, to be positively evasive on the life after death stuff. Christianity is about 1% Christ, 10% Old Testament, 89% stuff made up by subsequent theologians.
duke
2017-09-06 21:16:27 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Documentary: Purgatory Debunked
Rev 21:27 says no sin will enter the kindgom of God.
Post by b***@gmail.com
http://youtu.be/6vnqFFUz_AU

The Catholic Church is like a thick steak, a glass of red wine
and a good cigar.

G.K. Chesterton
2017-09-11 09:37:58 UTC
Looks like you're out of luck, Earl.
duke
2017-09-11 12:21:06 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Documentary: Purgatory Debunked
Rev 21:27 says no sin will enter the kindgom of God.
Looks like you're out of luck, Earl.
I use the Sacrament of Confession. John 20:22-23. What do Jewess' uses.

*****
The Chief Castrator Of The Jews
2017-09-14 15:18:11 UTC
How about you? Don't let me tell everybody what you have been doing.....
duke
2017-09-09 17:21:20 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Documentary: Purgatory Debunked
http://youtu.be/6vnqFFUz_AU
Haahaahaa. Is that dumb doc T speaking.

He doesn't know that Rev 21:27 says no sin or propensity to sin or guilt of sin
can enter the heavenly kingdom comes in - the purging by fire of our evil ways..

Stupid man.

*****
b***@gmail.com
2017-09-09 17:34:07 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Documentary: Purgatory Debunked
http://youtu.be/6vnqFFUz_AU
Haahaahaa.
Belief in Purgatory comes from the Roman Catholic traditions.

My Bible says that Jesus paid the price for *ALL* of my sins.

I guess your Bible must say something else?

That's typical of a Satanic bible.
[Matthew 15:8, 9]
duke
2017-09-10 15:38:18 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by duke
Post by b***@gmail.com
Documentary: Purgatory Debunked
http://youtu.be/6vnqFFUz_AU
Haahaahaa.
Belief in Purgatory comes from the Roman Catholic traditions.
No, purgatory is the final payment for the pain that you caused others in sin.

Exodus 34:6-7New International Version (NIV)
6 And he passed in front of Moses, proclaiming, “The Lord, the Lord, the
compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and
faithfulness, 7 maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness,
rebellion and sin. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the
children and their children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth
generation.”

It's OT, but it says what your sin payment involves.

1 Corinthians 3:11-15New International Version (NIV)
11 For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is
Jesus Christ. 12 If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly
stones, wood, hay or straw, 13 their work will be shown for what it is, because
the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will
test the quality of each person’s work. 14 If what has been built survives, the
builder will receive a reward. 15 If it is burned up, the builder will suffer
loss but yet will be saved—even though only as one escaping through the flames.

If you sin against God, you need confession as Jesus specified for blasphemy
against the Holy Spirit. Your sins confessed are confessed thru the priest, but
your payment due will be revealed with fire.

The main point is that you and I don't have a sayso in it. If we do face
purgatory or we don't face purgatory, God alone decides.
Post by b***@gmail.com
My Bible says that Jesus paid the price for *ALL* of my sins.
No, quite the contrary.

Hebrews 10:26-27New International Version (NIV)
26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of
the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27 but only a fearful expectation of
judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.
Post by b***@gmail.com
I guess your Bible must say something else?
That's typical of a Satanic bible.
If these are not in your bible, throw it away.

*****
b***@gmail.com
2017-09-11 12:16:40 UTC
Roman Catholic "Church" Prohibited Bible Reading

The following is excerpted from an article by David Cloud entitled, "The KJV and the Latin Vulgate".

The Council of Trent (1545-1564) placed the Bible on its list of prohibited books, and forbade any person to read the Bible without a license from a Roman Catholic bishop or inquisitor. The Council added these words: "That if any one shall dare to read or keep in his possession that book, without such a license, he shall not receive absolution till he has given it up to his ordinary."

Rome's attempt to keep the Bible from men has continued to recent times. Pope Pius VII (1800-1823) denounced the Bible Society and expressed shock at the circulation of the Scriptures. Pius VII said, "It is evidence from experience, that the holy Scriptures, when circulated in the vulgar tongue, have, through the temerity of men, produced more harm than benefit." Pope Leo XII called the Protestant Bible the "Gospel of the Devil" in an encyclical letter of 1824. Pope Gregory XVI (1831-1846) railed "against the publication, distribution, reading, and possession of books of the holy Scriptures translated into the vulgar tongue." Pope Leo XII, in January 1850, condemned the Bible Societies and admitted the fact that the distribution of Scripture has "long been condemned by the holy chair."
duke
2017-09-12 17:53:02 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Roman Catholic "Church" Prohibited Bible Reading
The following is excerpted from an article by David Cloud entitled, "The KJV and the Latin Vulgate".
The Council of Trent (1545-1564) placed the Bible on its list of prohibited books, and forbade any person to read the Bible without a license from a Roman Catholic bishop or inquisitor. The Council added these words: "That if any one shall dare to read or keep in his possession that book, without such a license, he shall not receive absolution till he has given it up to his ordinary."
Heretics got the stake.
Post by b***@gmail.com
Rome's attempt to keep the Bible from men has continued to recent times. Pope Pius VII (1800-1823) denounced the Bible Society and expressed shock at the circulation of the Scriptures. Pius VII said, "It is evidence from experience, that the holy Scriptures, when circulated in the vulgar tongue, have, through the temerity of men, produced more harm than benefit." Pope Leo XII called the Protestant Bible the "Gospel of the Devil" in an encyclical letter of 1824. Pope Gregory XVI (1831-1846) railed "against the publication, distribution, reading, and possession of books of the holy Scriptures translated into the vulgar tongue." Pope Leo XII, in January 1850, condemned the Bible Societies and admitted the fact that the distribution of Scripture has "long been condemned by the holy chair."
David Cloud is a desperate ass.

Think of purgatory this way:
1. You break someone's window.
2. You apologize to the owner
3. The owner forgives you.
4. You pay to replace the window.

#4 is purgatory for sins against God.

#4 is purgatory for sins against God.
Heeheehee.

*****
default
2017-09-11 12:25:41 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Documentary: Purgatory Debunked
http://youtu.be/6vnqFFUz_AU
A Calvinist Crackpot taking issue against another religion? Wake up;
those Catholics are your brothers.
Africa-Has-No-Boss-But-Jesus
2017-09-13 18:10:31 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Documentary: Purgatory Debunked
http://youtu.be/6vnqFFUz_AU
--
"These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.
They worship me in vain; their teachings are merely human rules."
[Matthew 15:8, 9]
Catholicism and Christianity are not the same by what standard?
By the standard of your reading of the Bible?
For your information this Bible supports Judaism, Orthodoxy-Catholicism, and Islam.
Since you're a Sola Scriptura adept in your reading you're around the clock Jew, Catholic, Muslim.
I heard that Chocolate is processed from Cocoa beans which is produced of a tree. When I was a child I couldn't make a connection between the two.
So are you now, stuck with the cocoa beans unable to process them. I must confess that the Greco-Romans who processed Christianity got Catholicism and the Arabs who did the same with Christianity got Islam. While you dance around trying to pass off the Atheism or Neo-paganism of the American founding fathers as Christianity. YOU CANNOT FOOL US AGAIN......
duke
2017-09-14 13:35:59 UTC
On Wed, 13 Sep 2017 11:10:31 -0700 (PDT), Africa-Has-No-Boss-But-Jesus
Post by Africa-Has-No-Boss-But-Jesus
Post by b***@gmail.com
Documentary: Purgatory Debunked
http://youtu.be/6vnqFFUz_AU
--
"These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.
They worship me in vain; their teachings are merely human rules."
[Matthew 15:8, 9]
Catholicism and Christianity are not the same by what standard?
By the standard of your reading of the Bible?
RD is a tulip. They don't appear to believe what Jesus taught.