God is irreducibly complex
2017-06-19 13:42:58 UTC
If we're talking about a creator god who conceived and created the universe,
and then populated it with complex life forms, then we're talking about a God
with vast computational capacity. So how did that complexity arrise?

Basically the only two candidate explanations seem to be evolution or
inteligent design. Now a creator _could_ be the product of an evolutionary
process, maybe in another univserse. Maybe the programmer of a vast simulation
we live in. Maybe an alien who practiced directed panspermia (e.g. took a dump
in our primordial oceans). Maybe a cosmologist who build a machine to spawn
universes.

But the alternative, that God was inteligently designed would appear to leed us
into an infinite regress.
Malte Runz
2017-06-19 17:59:00 UTC
On Mon, 19 Jun 2017 13:42:58 -0000 (UTC), Malcolm McMahon
Post by Malcolm McMahon
If we're talking about a creator god who conceived and created the universe,
and then populated it with complex life forms, then we're talking about a God
with vast computational capacity. So how did that complexity arrise?
Basically the only two candidate explanations seem to be evolution or
inteligent design. Now a creator _could_ be the product of an evolutionary
process, maybe in another univserse. Maybe the programmer of a vast simulation
we live in. Maybe an alien who practiced directed panspermia (e.g. took a dump
in our primordial oceans). Maybe a cosmologist who build a machine to spawn
universes.
But the alternative, that God was inteligently designed would appear to leed us
into an infinite regress.
It's irreducible complexity all the way down.
--
Malte Runz