Reformed Doctrine of Unconditional Election - A Redeemed World or Race
Add Reply
b***@gmail.com
2020-03-24 09:08:24 UTC
Unconditional Election
by Loraine Boettner

8. A REDEEMED WORLD OR RACE

Since it was the world, or the race, which fell in Adam, it was the
world, or the race, which was redeemed by Christ. This, however, does
not mean that every individual will be saved, but that the race as a
race will be saved. Jehovah is no mere tribal deity, but is "the God of
the whole earth"; and the salvation which He had in view cannot be
limited to that of a little select group or favored few. The Gospel was
not merely local news for a few villages in Palestine, but was a world
message; and the abundant and continuous testimony of Scripture is that
the kingdom of God is to fill the earth, "from sea to sea, and from the
River unto the ends of the earth." Zechariah 9:10.

--
If you have a question about the Doctrine of Unconditional Election,
or anything to do with the Bible, send me an email and I will answer
you back as soon as I can. Thank-you. ***@gmail.com
b***@gmail.com
2020-03-24 10:17:30 UTC
Unconditional Election
by Loraine Boettner

Early in the Old Testament we have the promise that "all the earth
shall be filled with the glory of Jehovah," Numbers 14:21; and Isaiah
repeats the promise that all flesh shall see the glory of Jehovah
(40:5). Israel was set as "a light to the Gentiles," and "for salvation
unto the uttermost part of the earth," Isaiah 49:6; Acts 13:47. Joel
made the clear declaration that in the coming days of blessing, the
Spirit hitherto given only to Israel would be poured out upon the whole
earth. "And it shall come to pass afterward," said the Lord through His
prophet, "that I will pour out my Spirit upon all flesh," 2:28; and
Peter applied that prophecy to the outpouring which was begun at
Pentecost (Acts 2:16).

b***@gmail.com
2020-03-24 12:53:40 UTC
Unconditional Election
by Loraine Boettner

Ezekiel gives us the picture of the increasing flow of the healing
waters which issue from under the threshold of the temple; waters which
were first only to the ankles, then to the knees, then to the loins,
then a great river, waters which could not be passed through (47:1-5).
Daniel's interpretation of King Nebuchadnezzar's dream taught this same
truth. The king saw a great image, with various parts of gold, silver,
brass, iron, and clay. Then he saw a stone cut out without bands, which
stone smote the image so that the gold, silver, brass, iron, and clay
were carried away like the chaff of the summer threshing floor. These
various elements represented great world empires which were to be
broken in pieces and completely carried away, while the stone cut out
without hands represented a spiritual kingdom which God Himself would
set up and which would become a great mountain and fill the whole
earth. "And in the days of those kings shall the God of heaven set up a
kingdom which shall never be destroyed, nor shall the sovereignty
thereof he left to another people, but it shall break in pieces and
consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever," Daniel 2:44.
In the light of the New Testament we see that this kingdom was the one
which Christ set up. In the vision which Daniel saw, the beast made war
with the saints and prevailed against them for a time,--but, "the time
came when the saints possessed the kingdom," 7:22.

b***@gmail.com
2020-03-24 14:10:38 UTC
Unconditional Election
by Loraine Boettner

Jeremiah gives the promise that the time is coming when it will no
longer be necessary for a man to say to his brother or to his neighbors
"Know Jehovah"; "for they shall all know Him, from the least to the
greatest of them," 31:34. "Ask of me, and I will give you the nations
for your inheritance, And the uttermost parts of the earth for your
possessions," said the psalmist (2:8). The last book of the Old
Testament contains a promise that 'from the rising of the sun unto the
going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles, says
Jehovah of hosts," Malachi 1:11.

JWS
2020-03-24 15:07:40 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Unconditional Election
by Loraine Boettner
Jeremiah gives the promise that the time is coming when it will no
longer be necessary for a man to say to his brother or to his neighbors
"Know Jehovah"; "for they shall all know Him, from the least to the
greatest of them," 31:34. "Ask of me, and I will give you the nations
for your inheritance, And the uttermost parts of the earth for your
possessions," said the psalmist (2:8). The last book of the Old
Testament contains a promise that 'from the rising of the sun unto the
going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles, says
Jehovah of hosts," Malachi 1:11.
Isn't is cool to have all the answers when you
don't have to really know anything but just make
up a bunch of horseshit and argue for that?
You can fool yourself that you have real answers
while simultaneously not knowing anything.
Boy, you could be the next president!
b***@gmail.com
2020-03-24 16:59:31 UTC
Unconditional Election
by Loraine Boettner

In the New Testament we find the same teaching. When the Lord does
finally shower spiritual blessings on His people, "the residue of men,"
and "all the Gentiles," are to "seek after the Lord," Acts 15:17.
"Christ is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but
also for the whole world," 1 John 2:2. "For God so loved the world,
that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes on Him
should not perish, but have eternal life. For God sent not the Son into
the world to judge the world; but that the world should be saved
through Him" John 3:16, 17. "The Father has sent the Son to be the
Savior of the world," 1 John 4:14. "Behold the lamb of God, that takes
away the sin of the world!" John 1:29. "We have heard for ourselves,
and know that this is indeed the Savior of the world" John 4:42. "I am
the light of the world," John 8:12. "I came not to judge the world, but
to save the world," John 12:47. "And I, if I be lifted up from the
earth, will draw all men unto me," John 12:32. "God was in Christ
reconciling the world unto Himself," 2 Corinthians 5:19. The kingdom of
heaven is said to be "like unto leaven which a woman took and hid in
three measures of meal till it was all leavened," Matthew 13:33.

b***@gmail.com
2020-03-25 13:46:15 UTC
Unconditional Election
by Loraine Boettner

In the eleventh chapter of Romans we are told that the acceptance of
the Gospel by the Jews shall be as "life from the dead" in its
spiritual blessings to the world. By their fall the Gospel was given to
the Gentiles--"now if their fall is the riches of the world, and their
loss the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness? .... For
if the casting away of them is the reconciling of the world, what shall
the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?" The universal and
complete dominion of Christ is taught again when we are told that He is
to sit at the right hand of the Father until all enemies have been
placed under His feet.

b***@gmail.com
2020-03-25 18:34:59 UTC
Unconditional Election
by Loraine Boettner

Thus a strong emphasis is thrown on the universality of Christ's work
of redemption, and we are taught that our eyes are yet to behold a
Christianized world. And since nothing is told us as to how long the
earth shall continue after this goal is reached, possibly we may look
forward to a great "golden age" of spiritual prosperity, continuing for
centuries, or even millenniums, during which time Christianity shall be
triumphant over all the earth, and during which time the great
proportion even of adults shall be saved. It seems that the number of
the redeemed shall then be swelled until it far surpasses that of the
lost.

LinuxGal
2020-03-25 19:10:58 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Thus a strong emphasis is thrown on the universality of Christ's work
of redemption, and we are taught that our eyes are yet to behold a
Christianized world. And since nothing is told us as to how long the
earth shall continue after this goal is reached, possibly we may look
forward to a great "golden age" of spiritual prosperity, continuing for
centuries, or even millenniums, during which time Christianity shall be
triumphant over all the earth, and during which time the great
proportion even of adults shall be saved.
MAT.24:14 - And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached
in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then
shall the end come.
Post by b***@gmail.com
It seems that the number of
the redeemed shall then be swelled until it far surpasses that of the
lost.
MAT.20:16 - So the last shall be first, and the first last,
for many be called, but few chosen.
--
I have spoken.

2020-03-25 20:06:11 UTC
https://www.studylight.org/commentary/matthew/24-14.html#cal
https://www.studylight.org/commentary/matthew/22-14.html#cal
b***@gmail.com
2020-03-25 21:43:04 UTC
Unconditional Election
by Loraine Boettner

We cannot, of course, fix even an approximate date for the end of the
world. In several places in Scripture we are told that Christ is to
return at the end of this present world order; that His coming will be
personal, visible, and with great power and glory; that the general
resurrection and the general judgment shall then take place; and that
heaven and hell shall then be ushered in in their fulness. But it has
been expressly revealed that the time of our Lord's coming is "among
the secret things that belong unto the Lord our God." "For of that day
or that hour knows no one, not even the angels in heaven, neither the
Son, but the Father only," said Jesus before His crucifixion; and after
the resurrection He said, "It is not for you to know the times or the
seasons which the Father has set within His own authority," Acts 1:7.
Hence those who presume to tell us when the end of the world is coming
are simply speaking without knowledge. In view of the fact that it has
now been nearly 2,000 years since Christ came the first time, it may,
for all we know, be another 2,000 years before He comes again--perhaps
a much longer, perhaps a much shorter, time.

b***@gmail.com
2020-03-26 17:15:03 UTC
Unconditional Election
by Loraine Boettner

In this connection Dr. S. G. Craig has well said: "We are told that
certain events, such as the preaching of the Gospel among all the
nations (Matthew 24:14), the conversion of the Jews (Romans 11:25-27),
the overthrow of 'every rulership and every authority and power'
opposed to Christ (1 Corinthians 15:24), are to take place before the
return of our Lord. It seems clear, therefore, that while the time of
our Lord's return is unknown, yet it still lies some distance in the
future. Just how far in the future we have no means of knowing. No
doubt, if events move as slowly in the future as in the past, the
coming of our Lord lies far in the future. In view of the fact,
however, that events move so much more swiftly than formerly, so that
what formerly was accomplished in centuries is now accomplished in a
few years, it is quite possible that the return of Christ lies in the
comparatively near future. Whether it comes in the near or remote
future as measured in the scale of human lives, we may be certain that
it lies in the near future as measured in the scales of God according
to whom a thousand years is as one day. In view of present conditions,
however, there seems to be little or nothing in the Scriptures to
warrant the notion that Jesus will return within the lifetime of the
present generation."

Harry Krishna
2020-03-26 18:11:11 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
In view of present conditions,
however, there seems to be little or nothing in the Scriptures to
warrant the notion that Jesus will return within the lifetime of the
present generation."
There is, however, ample reason in the Scriptures to warrant the
notion that Jesus expected to return within the lifetimes of those he
was speaking to at the time. Oops...
John Ritson
2020-03-27 11:37:37 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
[...]
Poor dim Loraine Boettner wastes more paper on quoting Dr. S. G. Craig
who also had no idea about the timing of the end of the world.

https://www.avg.com
b***@gmail.com
2020-03-29 21:30:40 UTC
Unconditional Election
by Loraine Boettner

The world is perhaps yet young. Certainly God has not yet given any
adequate exhibition of what He can do with a world truly converted to
righteousness. What we have seen so far appears to be only the
preliminary stage, a temporary triumph of the Devil, whose work is to
be completely overthrown. God's work spans the centuries. Even the
millenniums are insignificant to Him who inhabits eternity. When we
associate our theology with our astronomy we find that God works on an
unbelievably vast scale. He has spaced millions, perhaps even billions,
of fiery suns throughout the universe,--something like ten million have
already been catalogued. Astronomers tell us, for instance, that the
earth is 92,000,000 miles from the sun and that the light traveling at
the rate of 186,000 miles per second requires only eight minutes to
traverse that distance. They go on to tell us that the nearest fixed
star is so far away that four years are required for its light to reach
us; that the light which we now see coming from the North Star has been
on its journey for 450 years; and that the light from some of the most
distant stars has been on its way for millions of years. In view of
what modern science reveals we find that the period during which man
has lived on earth has been comparatively insignificant. God may have
developments in store for the race which shall be quite
startling,--developments of which we have scarcely dreamed.

LinuxGal
2020-03-29 22:04:25 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
that the light which we now see coming from the North Star has been
on its journey for 450 years; and that the light from some of the most
distant stars has been on its way for millions of years.
Neat trick for a universe created in 4,004 BC.
--
I have spoken.

2020-03-29 23:06:16 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
Post by b***@gmail.com
that the light which we now see coming from the North Star has been
on its journey for 450 years; and that the light from some of the most
distant stars has been on its way for millions of years.
Neat trick for a universe created in 4,004 BC.
I guess you haven't heard yet. Or you don't want to hear.
Since it would piss all over your parade.
Harry Krishna
*Yawn*. Heard what? More of your religious delusions?
John Ritson
2020-03-30 09:10:44 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
[...]
Poor dim Loraine Boettner drones on about his total ignorance, padding
out his turgid tome.
"perhaps" "God has not given any adequate exhibition" "appears to be"
https://www.avg.com
Harry Krishna
2020-03-30 13:01:53 UTC
It's 4.54 billion years old.
Don Martin
2020-03-30 14:40:11 UTC
On Mon, 30 Mar 2020 09:01:53 -0400, Harry Krishna
Post by Harry Krishna
Post by b***@gmail.com
Unconditional Election
by Loraine Boettner
The world is perhaps yet young.
It's 4.54 billion years old.
You wrote that without checking your watch?
2020-03-30 16:19:09 UTC
Post by Harry Krishna
Post by b***@gmail.com
Unconditional Election
by Loraine Boettner
The world is perhaps yet young.
It's 4.54 billion years old.
You wrote that without checking your watch?
As usual, in your attempt to take out of context what Boettner
is saying, both of you have missed the point.

You have no one to blame but yourself for your ignorance.

John Ritson
2020-03-26 08:50:31 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
[...]
Poor dim Loraine Boettner wastes more paper on listing all the things
the "elect" do not know.
https://www.avg.com
John Ritson
2020-03-25 19:34:29 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Unconditional Election
by Loraine Boettner
Thus a strong emphasis is thrown on the universality of Christ's work
of redemption, and we are taught that our eyes are yet to behold a
Christianized world. And since nothing is told us as to how long the
earth shall continue after this goal is reached, possibly we may look
forward to a great "golden age" of spiritual prosperity, continuing for
centuries, or even millenniums, during which time Christianity shall be
triumphant over all the earth, and during which time the great
proportion even of adults shall be saved. It seems that the number of
the redeemed shall then be swelled until it far surpasses that of the
lost.
Poor dim Loraine Boettner after admitting that "nothing is told us as to
how long the earth shall continue after this goal is reached (no doubt
another of his imaginary deity's "secret purposes") wandered off into
fantasy Boettnerland with "possibly we may" and "it seems".
--
John Ritson
https://www.avg.com
John Ritson
2020-03-25 19:27:02 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Unconditional Election
by Loraine Boettner
In the eleventh chapter of Romans we are told that the acceptance of
the Gospel by the Jews shall be as "life from the dead" in its
spiritual blessings to the world. By their fall the Gospel was given to
the Gentiles--"now if their fall is the riches of the world, and their
loss the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness? .... For
if the casting away of them is the reconciling of the world, what shall
the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?" The universal and
complete dominion of Christ is taught again when we are told that He is
to sit at the right hand of the Father until all enemies have been
placed under His feet.
More empty waffle from poor dim Loraine Boettner.
--
John Ritson
https://www.avg.com
----------- A t h e i s t ------------
2020-03-25 00:30:25 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
If you have a question
Hi Bob,
1. Are we still friends?
2. Do you ever hear a Jesus voice talking to you?
--
There is no verifiable evidence of any god(s). None whatsoever.
Christian: a person afraid of a perpetually hiding [imaginary] god.
Extortion (Believe or Burn) is _THE_ foundation of Christianity.
----------- A t h e i s t ------------
2020-03-26 16:48:27 UTC
Post by ----------- A t h e i s t ------------
Post by b***@gmail.com
If you have a question
Hi Bob,
1. Are we still friends?
2. Do you ever hear a Jesus voice talking to you?
Is our Bob now ashamed to say Jesus talks to him?

LOL.
John Ritson
2020-03-24 20:12:43 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Unconditional Election
by Loraine Boettner
Early in the Old Testament we have the promise that "all the earth
shall be filled with the glory of Jehovah," Numbers 14:21; and Isaiah
repeats the promise that all flesh shall see the glory of Jehovah
(40:5). Israel was set as "a light to the Gentiles," and "for salvation
unto the uttermost part of the earth," Isaiah 49:6; Acts 13:47. Joel
made the clear declaration that in the coming days of blessing, the
Spirit hitherto given only to Israel would be poured out upon the whole
earth. "And it shall come to pass afterward," said the Lord through His
prophet, "that I will pour out my Spirit upon all flesh," 2:28; and
Peter applied that prophecy to the outpouring which was begun at
Pentecost (Acts 2:16).
Of course, any good little Calvinist knows that the word "all", when
encountered in the Bible as in "all flesh" must never be taken to mean
"all" as that would deprive Calvinists of the pleasure of imagining
their competitors burning in hell.
--
John Ritson
https://www.avg.com
Harry Krishna
2020-03-24 11:24:14 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
If you have a question about the Doctrine of Unconditional Election,
or anything to do with the Bible, send me an email and I will answer
Or, you can post it here, and watch people who actually understand
Christian theology point out why the doctrine is heretical on every
possible level. You'll get nothing of value from "Bob".
b***@gmail.com
2020-03-24 12:51:27 UTC
Post by Harry Krishna
Post by b***@gmail.com
If you have a question about the Doctrine of Unconditional Election,
or anything to do with the Bible, send me an email and I will answer
Or, you can post it here, and watch people who actually understand
Christian theology point out why the doctrine is heretical on every
possible level. You'll get nothing of value from "Bob".
I don't mean to piss on your parade here, but if that were to happen,
it would be the first time in history that it happened.

No one has ever done it before. If it hasn't happened yet, it's not
going to happen. Suck on that for a while.

<smirk>
Harry Krishna
2020-03-24 13:06:11 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Harry Krishna
Post by b***@gmail.com
If you have a question about the Doctrine of Unconditional Election,
or anything to do with the Bible, send me an email and I will answer
Or, you can post it here, and watch people who actually understand
Christian theology point out why the doctrine is heretical on every
possible level. You'll get nothing of value from "Bob".
I don't mean to piss on your parade here, but if that were to happen,
it would be the first time in history that it happened.
Yes, it would indeed be a first if anyone were to get anything of
value from anything you post.
b***@gmail.com
2020-03-24 14:05:01 UTC
Post by Harry Krishna
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Harry Krishna
Post by b***@gmail.com
If you have a question about the Doctrine of Unconditional Election,
or anything to do with the Bible, send me an email and I will answer
Or, you can post it here, and watch people who actually understand
Christian theology point out why the doctrine is heretical on every
possible level. You'll get nothing of value from "Bob".
I don't mean to piss on your parade here, but if that were to happen,
it would be the first time in history that it happened.
Yes, it would indeed be a first if anyone were to get anything of
value from anything you post.
I'm sure everybody knows that is not what I was referring to. And now
everybody knows that what you posted earlier is a lie.

Thanks for doing my work for me. <yawn>

<smirk>
Harry Krishna
2020-03-24 14:40:04 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Harry Krishna
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Harry Krishna
Post by b***@gmail.com
If you have a question about the Doctrine of Unconditional Election,
or anything to do with the Bible, send me an email and I will answer
Or, you can post it here, and watch people who actually understand
Christian theology point out why the doctrine is heretical on every
possible level. You'll get nothing of value from "Bob".
I don't mean to piss on your parade here, but if that were to happen,
it would be the first time in history that it happened.
Yes, it would indeed be a first if anyone were to get anything of
value from anything you post.
I'm sure everybody knows that is not what I was referring to.
I'm sure that no one but you cares either way, but please do go on.
(Not that you need my encouragement; you're incapable of shutting up.)
Post by b***@gmail.com
And now
everybody knows that what you posted earlier is a lie.
LOL! No, "everybody knows" no such thing. In fact, the only person
claiming such a thing is you. Quit the bullshit, you're as obvious at
it as Donald Trump, and as inept at it as "Jahnu".
b***@gmail.com
2020-03-24 16:57:09 UTC
Post by Harry Krishna
LOL! No, "everybody knows" no such thing.
I'm talking about the elect lurkers. They're the only ones I care about.

I know that you cannot prove anything derogatory that you have posted.

It's all just a bunch of lies.

That's all I need, to know who's sock-puppet you are.

That's all I've been doing with your last 3 posts. Narrowing down the list.

By the way, it was your lies that gave you away. You can't hide behind them.

Bye, Harry.

<smirk>

<plonk>
Mitchell Holman
2020-03-24 18:07:06 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Harry Krishna
LOL! No, "everybody knows" no such thing.
I'm talking about the elect lurkers. They're the only ones I care about.
I know that you cannot prove anything derogatory that you have posted.
It's all just a bunch of lies.
That's all I need, to know who's sock-puppet you are.
"Bob" complains about sock puppets.

A partial list of his own sock puppets
to follow.........

Robert Duncan/Jeremy Brown/Calvin Ramsay/Matthias Sereno/Michael
Lankford/Kelli Gibson/Stu D. Baker/Edsel D. Soto/Kevin Madison/Molly
Quel/Ellas McDaniel/Hunsawa Shayar/Bob <***@null.null>
Harry Krishna
2020-03-24 18:13:36 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Harry Krishna
LOL! No, "everybody knows" no such thing.
I'm talking about the elect lurkers.
ROTFLMFAO! Do they support you in email? Bwahahahaha!

Seriously,you really are either delusional, or a hopeless bullshit
artist; it doesn't really matter which. Do you have a Canadian
girlfriend, too?
Davej
2020-03-24 14:42:24 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Unconditional Election
by Loraine Boettner
Yeah, I suspect you might be joining Loraine pretty soon now.
John Ritson
2020-03-24 20:09:22 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Unconditional Election
by Loraine Boettner
8. A REDEEMED WORLD OR RACE
Since it was the world, or the race, which fell in Adam, it was the
world, or the race, which was redeemed by Christ. This, however, does
not mean that every individual will be saved, but that the race as a
race will be saved. Jehovah is no mere tribal deity, but is "the God of
the whole earth"; and the salvation which He had in view cannot be
limited to that of a little select group or favored few. The Gospel was
not merely local news for a few villages in Palestine, but was a world
message; and the abundant and continuous testimony of Scripture is that
the kingdom of God is to fill the earth, "from sea to sea, and from the
River unto the ends of the earth." Zechariah 9:10.
Poor dim Loraine Boettner, after waffling on endlessly about not having
any idea how many would be saved because that was a part of his
imaginary deity's "secret purpose", now started to claim "that the race
as a race will be saved" because the message "was a world message" even
though most of the world has hardly heard of Calvinism and it's Bible-
mangling dogmatism.
--
John Ritson
https://www.avg.com