Big Bang
Jahnu
2017-10-29 10:23:30 UTC
According to the Vedic Version, countless universes, as numerous as
mustard seeds in a sack, are generated from the breathing of
Maha-vishnu. It is said that universes emanate from Maha-vishnu's skin
pores in seed form as He exhales, then expand and contract again as
they are sucked back into God when He inhales.

Thus universes are created and and destroyed within one breath of God.
The life-time of the universe, which is one breath of God, has been
calculated to last 311 trillion solar years.

So in my mind this is where the Big Bang theory comes from. The
singularity, the point from which our universe, according to the Big
Bang theory, was generated, is actually one of the skinpores of God.
I guess, that's where Muslims get the idea that God is great. Where as
in Islam it is described that God is great, in the Vedic Version it is
described how God is great.

That's the first thing to learn about God - how great He is. But
that's only a preliminary understanding of God. Higher than worshiping
God in awe and reverence as the great one, is to relate to Him as a
friend or a child or even one's lover. This becomes possible when, by
the mercy of the spiritual master, one is allowed entrance into
Krishna's personal life in Vrindavan.

The soul can have 5 basic relationships with Krishna -

1. Shanta rasa is a neutral relationship with God. God is regarded as
the original creator and cause of all causes, and the maintainer of
everything.

2. Dasya rasa means that you see God as your Lord and master. You are
willing to serve Him with your life and soul. Krishna is the most
perfect and munificent lord one can have.

3. Sakhya rasa is the stage, where you see Krishna as your best and
most intimate friend. Here the soul forgets that Krishna is God. He
only regards Krishna as his best and most beloved friend.

4. Vatsalya rasa is the parental relationship. Here the soul is
Krishna's father or mother. You are God's parent. Krishna is your
little kid.

5. In Madhurya rasa the soul only sees Krishna as her most intimate
lover. You are God's wife or girlfriend.

In fact, all the relationships we enjoy in the material world to
partner, children, family, friends, and society are nothing but
distorted imitations of the soul's original relationship with God.

Krishna says:

By human calculation, a thousand ages taken together form the duration
of Brahma's one day (4,32 billion years). And such also is the
duration of his night. (Bg. 8.17)

At the beginning of Brahma's day, all living entities become manifest
from the unmanifest state, and thereafter, when the night falls, they
are merged into the unmanifest again. (Bg. 8.18)

Again and again, when Brahma's day arrives, all living entities come
into being, and with the arrival of Brahma's night they are helplessly
annihilated. (Bg. 8.19)

Yet there is another unmanifest nature, which is eternal and is
transcendental to this manifested and unmanifested matter. It is
supreme and is never annihilated. When all in this world is
annihilated, that part remains as it is. (Bg. 8.20)

That which the Vedantists describe as unmanifest and infallible, that
which is known as the supreme destination, that place from which,
having attained it, one never returns-that is My supreme abode. (Bg.
8.21)
Have a look at my art -

http://www.touchtalent.com//artist/118705/jahnu-das

https://www.youtube.com/user/jahnudvip?feature=watch

https://picasaweb.google.com/113672947796865733014/Jahnu

https://photos.google.com/u/1/?hl=en
Jeanne Douglas
2017-10-29 23:48:01 UTC
Post by Jahnu
According to the Vedic Version,
Why are you proselytizing when you know it's forbidden here?
b***@m.nu
2017-10-30 19:34:33 UTC
On Sun, 29 Oct 2017 18:48:01 -0500, "Jeanne Douglas"
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Jahnu
According to the Vedic Version,
Why are you proselytizing when you know it's forbidden here?
JD, it does not realize just how stupid it is. Just because some guy
is an ancient asylum wrote something that had the words god or vedic
or whatever only means that janet is truly insane
duke
2017-10-30 22:04:44 UTC
Post by Jahnu
According to the Vedic Version,
Why are you proselytizing when you know it's forbidden here?
Who forbids it. And why is it p-wording?

The Catholic Church is like a thick steak, a glass of red wine
and a good cigar.

G.K. Chesterton
2017-10-30 00:44:11 UTC
Big Bang?

Do have one, won't you?

Just make it a place where you won't be a troll.
Andrew
2017-10-30 05:02:30 UTC
Big Bang?
What appears to have happened is a Creation
rather than a BB, simply because there is no
mechanism that would allow the Universe to
begin in an arbitrary state and then evolve into
the highly ordered state that there is today.

On account of this orderliness, we can precisely
predict the path of celestial bodies and eclipses
thousands of years into the future.

Which would not be possible if the origin of
the Universe were the result of an explosion.
Mitchell Holman
2017-10-30 12:44:05 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Big Bang?
What appears to have happened is a Creation
rather than a BB, simply because there is no
mechanism that would allow the Universe to
begin in an arbitrary state and then evolve into
the highly ordered state that there is today.
You need to read more. The existencs of
other universes is become more plain. How does
your "creator" account for that?

https://futurism.com/new-evidence-about-cold-spot-in-space-could-support-
case-for-a-multiverse/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2017/10/12/the-multiverse-is-
inevitable-and-were-living-in-it/#4e0db6fd16c9
Post by Andrew
On account of this orderliness, we can precisely
predict the path of celestial bodies and eclipses
thousands of years into the future.
Wrong. The universe is full of barely
restrained chaos. Did you know the current
position of planets is temporary, that they
move around and even change orbits?

https://www.space.com/4755-trading-cosmic-places-neptune-uranus-swapped-
spots.html
Smiler
2017-10-30 19:26:25 UTC
Big Bang?
What appears to have happened is a Creation rather than a BB,
Merely your unevidenced belief.
simply
because there is no mechanism that would allow the Universe to begin in
an arbitrary state and then evolve into the highly ordered state that
there is today.
Does the surface of the moon look 'highly ordered' to you?
On account of this orderliness, we can precisely predict the path of
celestial bodies and eclipses thousands of years into the future.
Except meteorites, comets and asteroids.
Which would not be possible if the origin of the Universe were the
result of an explosion.
It wasn't an explosion. It was an expansion.
--
Smiler,
The godless one. a.a.# 2279

b***@m.nu
2017-10-30 22:36:50 UTC
Big Bang?
What appears to have happened is a Creation rather than a BB,
Merely your unevidenced belief.
simply
because there is no mechanism that would allow the Universe to begin in
an arbitrary state and then evolve into the highly ordered state that
there is today.
Does the surface of the moon look 'highly ordered' to you?
I wonder if andrew ever heard of entropy..... I guess he does not
understand that the universe has become less ordered every second
since the second after there was matter in the universe, Wow he is
really an idiot.
Post by Smiler
On account of this orderliness, we can precisely predict the path of
celestial bodies and eclipses thousands of years into the future.
Except meteorites, comets and asteroids.
I wonder if andrew understands that being able to predict when an
event will happen is not signs that a system is ordered. He would need
to fully understand what an ordered system is defined as and be able
to comprehend the meaning behind the definition. To be frank andrew is
too fucking stupid to understand that fairies are not real, so how can
it understand anything?
Post by Smiler
Which would not be possible if the origin of the Universe were the
result of an explosion.
andrew you do realize that you have been lied to your entire life and
now you are just making yourself look more of an ass by talking about
thing of which you have no idea at all

here ya go andrew. can you understand this?
the terms order and disorder designate the presence or absence of some
symmetry or correlation in a many-particle system. In condensed matter
physics, systems typically are ordered at low temperatures; upon
heating, they undergo one or several phase transitions into less
ordered states.

there is nothing there about eclipses, sorry. You are trying to bring
magic into the real world, You need to maybe play with more tarot
cards or read more horoscopes or something so that perhaps you can
find balance with the force and perhaps better understand your chi.
when this is achieved maybe then you will realize that your ENTIRE
FUCKING LIFE HAS BEEN THE BIGGEST WASTE OF TIME...

have a nice day
Post by Smiler
It wasn't an explosion. It was an expansion.
it doesn't understand how that could happen because magic was not
used.
Andrew
2017-11-01 07:43:27 UTC
You need to maybe play with more tarot cards or read more
horoscopes or something so that perhaps you can find balance
with the force and perhaps better understand your chi.
Do you attribute your enlightenment to these factors?

You guys are so funny!
b***@m.nu
2017-11-01 19:43:41 UTC
Post by Andrew
You need to maybe play with more tarot cards or read more
horoscopes or something so that perhaps you can find balance
with the force and perhaps better understand your chi.
Do you attribute your enlightenment to these factors?
You guys are so funny!
Moron, you are the one that thinks the hocus pocus is a real living
breathing thing
Jahnu
2017-10-31 02:49:41 UTC
Merely your unevidenced belief.
It wasn't an explosion. It was an expansion.
Whatever...

"The probability that life arose by a coincidence can be likened to
the probability that a voluminous encyclopedia be the result of an
explosion in a print shop." - Biologist Edwin Conklin

Jeanne Douglas
2017-10-31 07:51:29 UTC
Post by Jahnu
Post by Smiler
Merely your unevidenced belief.
It wasn't an explosion. It was an expansion.
Whatever...
"The probability that life arose by a coincidence can be likened to
the probability that a voluminous encyclopedia be the result of an
explosion in a print shop." - Biologist Edwin Conklin
Yet another completely moronic metaphor.
2017-10-31 20:08:06 UTC
Post by Jahnu
Post by Smiler
Merely your unevidenced belief.
It wasn't an explosion. It was an expansion.
Whatever...
"The probability that life arose by a coincidence can be likened to
the probability that a voluminous encyclopedia be the result of an
explosion in a print shop." - Biologist Edwin Conklin
Yet another completely moronic metaphor.
Saying life arose by coincidence is equivalent to stating that water flows
downhill by coincidence.
Jahnu
2017-11-01 03:07:06 UTC
Saying life arose by coincidence is equivalent to stating that water flows
downhill by coincidence.
hahaha :) I mean, seriously, how stupid can you get? You are obviously
not an educated person, Teddyboy.

Jeanne Douglas
2017-11-01 22:33:23 UTC
Post by Jahnu
Post by Ted
Saying life arose by coincidence is equivalent to stating that water flows
downhill by coincidence.
hahaha :) I mean, seriously, how stupid can you get? You are obviously
not an educated person, Teddyboy.
"The probability that life arose by a coincidence can be likened to
the probability that a voluminous encyclopedia be the result of an
explosion in a print shop." - Biologist Edwin Conklin
You've been shown the evidence that this is a dishonest quote-mine so why are you repeating it?
2017-11-02 00:19:57 UTC
Post by Jahnu
Post by Ted
Saying life arose by coincidence is equivalent to stating that water flows
downhill by coincidence.
hahaha :) I mean, seriously, how stupid can you get? You are obviously
not an educated person, Teddyboy.
"The probability that life arose by a coincidence can be likened to
the probability that a voluminous encyclopedia be the result of an
explosion in a print shop." - Biologist Edwin Conklin
You've been shown the evidence that this is a dishonest quote-mine so why
are you repeating it?
Because Jesper has a low IQ. When you and I were young and inquisitive, we
decided to devote ourselves to the truth. Jesper, at the same stage of
growth, decided to devote himself to Hare Krishna.
Andrew
2017-11-02 08:43:45 UTC
The probability is --> zero.
Ted
2017-11-04 12:09:26 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by Jahnu
"The probability that life arose by a coincidence can be likened to
the probability that a voluminous encyclopedia be the result of an
explosion in a print shop." - Biologist Edwin Conklin
The probability is --> zero.
The probability that a voluminous encyclopedia be the result of an
explosion in a print shop is infinitesimal and zero for any purpose.
But that probability isn't analogous to the probability of life
arising, which occurs as a result of natural processes, which
themselves are the result of entropy increase.
Andrew
No.
Ted
2017-11-04 12:07:33 UTC
Post by Jahnu
Post by Ted
Saying life arose by coincidence is equivalent to stating that water flows
downhill by coincidence.
hahaha :) I mean, seriously, how stupid can you get? You are obviously
not an educated person, Teddyboy.
It's the same principle, Jahnu. Water flows downhill, molecules
interact, etc. The arrow of time points in the same direction as
entropy increase.
b***@m.nu
2017-10-31 17:06:52 UTC
Post by Jahnu
Edwin Conklin
He was president of the American Society of Naturalists in 1912 and
president of the American Association for the Advancement of Science
in 1936.

Wow janet I guess you like being made to look very stupid. Yup you are
a masochist.
hypatiab7
2017-10-31 20:06:02 UTC
Post by b***@m.nu
Post by Jahnu
Edwin Conklin
He was president of the American Society of Naturalists in 1912 and
president of the American Association for the Advancement of Science
in 1936.
Wow janet I guess you like being made to look very stupid. Yup you are
a masochist.
JesperRamalamadingdong and Asteroid77SunsetStrip must have studied
science together from the same decades out of date books. They both
keep trying to disprove anything scientific with disproved informa-
tion from the first half of the 20th century. They'll never catch
up with the rest of the world.
Jahnu
2017-11-01 03:04:32 UTC
Post by b***@m.nu
Wow janet I guess you like being made to look very stupid. Yup you are
a masochist.
I'm glad. Who wants to be regarded as intelligent by a bunch of
anti-intellectual retards? :)

Is there any need for a Creator?

All creations require a creator. When you see a Mercedes or a
sky-scraper, you know immediately that someone created these things.
Similarly, nature is a machine that clearly required a creator and the
most brilliant and prominent scientists agree.

ID - Intelligent Design - is a direct, observable fact in nature, so
logic and reason tell us there is a creator. Logic and reason,
however, cannot tell us who the creator is. For that, revelation from
the creator Himself is required.

"From my earliest training as a scientist I was very strongly
brainwashed to believe that science cannot be consistent with any kind
of deliberate creation. That notion has had to be painfully shed. I am
quite uncomfortable in this situation, the state of mind I now find
myself in. But there is no logical way out of it. I now find myself
driven to this position by logic. There is no other way in which we
can understand the precise ordering of the chemicals of life except to
invoke the creations on a cosmic scale. . . We were hoping as
scientists that there would be a way round our conclusion, but there
isn't."

--Sir Frederick Hoyle and Chandra Wickramsinghe, There Must Be A God,
Daily Express, Aug. 14, 1981. & Hoyle On Evolution. Nature, Nov. 12,
1981, 105

"A common sense interpretation of the facts suggests that a
superintellect has monkeyed with physics, as well as with chemistry
and biology, and that there are no blind forces worth speaking about
in nature. The numbers one calculates from the facts seem to me so
overwhelming as to put this conclusion almost beyond question." - Fred
Hoyle, astrophysicist

"I find it as difficult to understand a scientist who does not
acknowledge the presence of a superior rationality behind the
existence of the universe as it is to comprehend a theologian who
would deny the advances of science." - Wernher von Braun
"The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we
concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great
power." - Nikola Tesla

So science concludes there is a creator. The Vedic version, however,
is the only religion on the planet that tells us who and what the
creator is. Bhagavad Gita is the user-manual on how to operate the
universe issued to mankind by the creator Himself.

Krishna says:

I am the source of all spiritual and material worlds. Everything
emanates from Me. The wise who perfectly know this engage in My
devotional service and worship Me with all their hearts. -Bg 10.8

Srila Prabhupada explains:

A learned scholar who has studied the Vedas perfectly and has
information from authorities like Lord Chaitanya and who knows how to
apply these teachings can understand that Krsna is the origin of
everything in both the material and spiritual worlds, and because he
knows this perfectly he becomes firmly fixed in the devotional service
of the Supreme Lord.

He can never be deviated by any amount of nonsensical commentaries or
by fools. All Vedic literature agrees that Krsna is the source of
Brahma, Siva and all other demigods.

In the Atharva Veda (Gopala-tapani Upanisad 1.24) it is said:
"It was Krsna who in the beginning instructed Brahma in Vedic
knowledge and who disseminated Vedic knowledge in the past."
Then again the Narayana Upanisad (1) says:
"Then the Supreme Personality Narayana desired to create living
entities."

The Upanisad continues:

"From Narayana, Brahma is born, and from Narayana the patriarchs are
also born. From Narayana, Indra is born, from Narayana the eight Vasus
are born, from Narayana the eleven Rudras are born, from Narayana the
twelve Adityas are born."

This Narayana is an expansion of Krsna.

It is said in the same Vedas:

"The son of Devaki, Krsna, is the Supreme Personality."
(Narayana Upanisad 4)

Then it is said:

"In the beginning of the creation there was only the Supreme
Personality Narayana. There was no Brahma, no Siva, no water, no fire,
no moon, no stars in the sky, no sun." (Maha Upanisad 1)

In the Maha Upanisad it is also said that Lord Shiva was born from the
forehead of the Supreme Lord. Thus the Vedas say that it is the
Supreme Lord, the creator of Brahma and Shiva, who is to be worshiped.

In the Moksa-dharma Krsna also says:

"The patriarchs, Siva and others are created by Me, though they do not
know that they are created by Me because they are deluded by My
illusory energy."

In the Varaha Purana it is also said:

"Narayana is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and from Him Brahma
was born, from whom Siva was born."

Lord Krsna is the source of all generations, and He is called the most
efficient cause of everything.

He says, "Because everything is born of Me, I am the original source
of all. Everything is under Me; no one is above Me."

There is no supreme controller other than Krsna. One who understands
Krsna in such a way from a bona fide spiritual master, with references
from Vedic literature, engages all his energy in Krsna consciousness
and becomes a truly learned man.

In comparison to him, all others, who do not know Krsna properly, are
but fools. Only a fool would consider Krsna to be an ordinary man.
A Krsna conscious person should not be bewildered by fools; he should
avoid all unauthorized commentaries and interpretations on
Bhagavad-gita and proceed in Krsna consciousness with determination
and firmness.

b***@m.nu
2017-11-01 19:45:54 UTC
Post by Jahnu
Post by b***@m.nu
Wow janet I guess you like being made to look very stupid. Yup you are
a masochist.
I'm glad.
That is about as far as I far, and I am delighted you are satisfied
with your lack of intelligence.
Jahnu
2017-11-02 01:39:11 UTC
Post by b***@m.nu
That is about as far as I far, and I am delighted you are satisfied
with your lack of intelligence.
Lack of intelligence? hahaha :) Aren't you the guy who feeds his kids
corpses? Next to you, dumbo, I'm like Einstein next to pre-schooler.

"Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival
of life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet"
-Albert Einstein

Andrew
2017-11-02 08:46:00 UTC
Post by Jahnu
"Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival
of life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet"
-Albert Einstein
A good vegetarian cook can put out fabulous, healthful and delicious
meals.
Jahnu
2017-11-03 14:55:33 UTC
Post by Andrew
A good vegetarian cook can put out fabulous, healthful and delicious
meals.
Absolutely, and no violence involved.

As long as there are slaughter-houses, there will be battlefields. A
vegetarian diet is the acid test of humanitarian.

-- Leo Tolstoy

Jeanne Douglas
2017-11-04 02:45:44 UTC
Post by Jahnu
Post by Andrew
A good vegetarian cook can put out fabulous, healthful and delicious
meals.
Absolutely, and no violence involved.
As long as there are slaughter-houses, there will be battlefields. A
vegetarian diet is the acid test of humanitarian.
So why won't you answer the question on vat-grown meat, which would eliminate slaughter-houses and the violence?
b***@m.nu
2017-11-04 20:34:57 UTC
On Fri, 03 Nov 2017 21:45:44 -0500, "Jeanne Douglas"
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Jahnu
Post by Andrew
A good vegetarian cook can put out fabulous, healthful and delicious
meals.
Absolutely, and no violence involved.
As long as there are slaughter-houses, there will be battlefields. A
vegetarian diet is the acid test of humanitarian.
So why won't you answer the question on vat-grown meat, which would eliminate slaughter-houses and the violence?
I wonder if the moron knows that every time it eats or drinks anything
at all it is "murdering" millions of life forms. In fact every time it
takes a breath it murders millions of life forms. If it ever washes
its clothes it murders millions chances are it will be in the billions
though because you know that fucker is nasty. If (and this is a BIG
if) it bathes (and not in the Ganges) then it murders trillions. I
mean what the fuck does this thing think it is? Just because it has
some type of sanctimonious god trip does not mean that it doesn't
murder billions of life everyday. EVER FUCKING DAY!!! It makes me
wonder at the level of education that it has and that is given in its
back water country.
Jeanne Douglas
2017-11-05 13:55:48 UTC
Post by Jeanne Douglas
Post by Jahnu
Post by Andrew
[...]
He's a bigot who only respects life if it has a face.
Jahnu
2017-11-05 02:41:44 UTC
Post by Jeanne Douglas
So why won't you answer the question on vat-grown meat, which would eliminate slaughter-houses and the violence?
I already answered that, Blondie.

Who wants to eat some chemical shit, grown in a laboratory, except a
complete idiot?

Discoveries Show Early Mankind Was Advanced
by Brian Thomas, M.S.

Evolution holds that mankind emerged from ³primitive² primates about
3.5 million years ago. Afterward, man continued to add habits and
features that distinguished him from his humble predecessors,
resulting fairly recently in what are considered modern humans.
However, new artifact finds have not corroborated this naturalistic
story.

Dr. Michael Petraglia of the University of Oxford led an investigation
into an ancient population site in India that had been buried under
volcanic debris. Beneath the ash, he discovered stone tools. A
university press release related that ³according to the team a
potentially ground-breaking implication of the new work is that the
species responsible for making the stone tools in India was Homo
sapiens.²1

This finding contradicts the evolutionary molecular clock date of
mankind¹s presence in India by ³about 15,000 years.² But this is to be
expected, since different molecules ³tick² at different rates, and
thus make poor clocks.2

In other news, unexpected evidence of symbolic thought, a uniquely
human attribute, was found in Western Cape, South Africa.
Cross-hatching patterns on bird eggs, decorated for use as carrying
baskets, were made during the middle Stone Age of that area, a
tradition that is now ³a widespread modern practice.² The results,
published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences,
revealed that whoever made these markings had ³social, cultural, and
cognitive underpinnings that overlap with those of modern people²
(emphasis added).3

And a discovery of ancient grain use has forced another detail of
³human evolution² to be refined. It was thought that cereals only
entered humans¹ diet after they evolved the abilities to roast,
grind, and cook grain, supposedly 20,000 years ago. But grain
grinding tools made of stone and estimated to be up to 100,000 years
old were found in Mozambique with ³ample starchy residue,²4 suggesting
that a uniquely human diet existed far earlier than evolutionists had
supposed.

Anthropologist Julio Mercader found that ³a large assemblage of
starch granules has been retrieved from the surfaces of Middle Stone
Age stone tools from Mozambique, showing that early Homo sapiens
relied on grass seeds starting at least 105,000 years ago, including
those of sorghum grasses.²5

All three of these finds are consistent with the biblical account, in
which mankind was specially created and then, a few thousand years
later, dispersed throughout the world from a point in the Middle East.
These migrating families would have had a relatively primitive
existence to begin with, but their fully human behaviors and
abilities are clearly reflected in the artifacts they left behind.6
References 1.

New evidence shows populations survived the Toba super-eruption 74,000
years ago. University of Oxford press release, February 22, 2010.

2. Thomas, B. Frozen Penguin DNA Casts Doubt on DNA-Based Dates. ICR
News. Posted on icr.org November 25, 2009, accessed March 4, 2010.

3. Texier, P-J. et al. 2010. A Howiesons Poort tradition of engraving
ostrich eggshell containers dated to 60,000 years ago at Diepkloof
Rock Shelter, South Africa. Proceedings of the National Academy of
Sciences. Published online before print March 1, 2010.

4. Willyard, C. Pass the Sorghum, Caveman. Science Now. Posted on
sciencemag.org December 17, 2009, accessed March 4, 2010, reporting on
a study published in Mercader, J. 2009. Mozambican Grass Seed
Consumption During the Middle Stone Age. Science. 326 (5960):
1680-1683.

5. Mercader, J. Mozambican Grass Seed Consumption During the Middle
Stone Age. Science. 326 (5960): 1680.

6. Thomas, B. Boats and Jewelry: ŒStone Age¹ People Were Surprisingly
Modern. ICR News. Posted on icr.org January 25, 2010, accessed March
5, 2010.

b***@m.nu
2017-11-05 02:53:59 UTC
Post by Jeanne Douglas
So why won't you answer the question on vat-grown meat, which would eliminate slaughter-houses and the violence?
I already answered that, Blondie.
Who wants to eat some chemical shit, grown in a laboratory, except a
complete idiot?
you drink it you bathe in it every day.... well you may not bathe it
in everyday. I am sure that would be much closer to once a month
Jahnu
2017-11-05 14:51:36 UTC
Post by b***@m.nu
you drink it you bathe in it every day.... well you may not bathe it
in everyday. I am sure that would be much closer to once a month
Hehe, that guy sounds real intelligent :D

--but, but I'm atheist, it slowed down my mental evolution.

Krishna says:

When your intelligence has passed out of the dense forest of delusion,
you shall become indifferent to all that has been heard and all that
is to be heard. e => Bg 2.52

Jeanne Douglas
2017-11-05 15:25:04 UTC
Post by Jeanne Douglas
So why won't you answer the question on vat-grown meat, which would eliminate slaughter-houses and the violence?
I already answered that, Blondie.
Who wants to eat some chemical shit,
Everything everybody eats are chemicals, you silly twit.

So youir only objection is aesthetic. Fuck that.

Given the choice between the current situation and all the problems it causes or eliminating all those things with vat-grown meat, you would choose the status quo. Really?

People are going to eat meat because people love meat. If they get the taste and mouth feel correct, then everybody can be happy. What's your objection to that. Surely, you're not crazy enough to think you can make people not love meat anymore. If you tried to take bacon away from people, you would be tarred and feathered and probably lynched. But if the vat-grown bacon is indistinguishable from what we have now, all those little piggies will mostly disappear and no longer suffer.

You really need to make up your mind.
2017-11-03 16:03:24 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by Jahnu
"Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival
of life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet"
-Albert Einstein
A good vegetarian cook can put out fabulous, healthful and delicious
meals.
Which can always be improved by topping them with bacon!

My wife makes a broccoli salad that has bacon in it. Yummy. It's the only time I ever eat salty fat. I know this makes me strange to bacon lovers but I much prefer ham. Or Prime Rib. Or maybe a burger from Tommy's or Carney's, hold that half-inch thick piece of tomato. Keep the paper towels coming and give me a spoon to get all the chili.
b***@m.nu
2017-11-04 20:36:45 UTC
On Fri, 3 Nov 2017 19:54:56 -0700 (PDT), Cloud Hobbit
Post by Andrew
Post by Jahnu
"Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival
of life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet"
-Albert Einstein
A good vegetarian cook can put out fabulous, healthful and delicious
meals.
Which can always be improved by topping them with bacon!
Kevin R
My wife makes a broccoli salad that has bacon in it. Yummy. It's the only time I ever eat salty fat. I know this makes me strange to bacon lovers but I much prefer ham. Or Prime Rib. Or maybe a burger from Tommy's or Carney's, hold that half-inch thick piece of tomato. Keep the paper towels coming and give me a spoon to get all the chili.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm bacon!!

Nothing beats a good barbeque smoked pulled pork though...
Jeanne Douglas
2017-11-02 09:15:45 UTC
Post by Jahnu
Post by b***@m.nu
That is about as far as I far, and I am delighted you are satisfied
with your lack of intelligence.
Lack of intelligence? hahaha :) Aren't you the guy who feeds his kids
corpses? Next to you, dumbo, I'm like Einstein next to pre-schooler.
Thanks for reminding me. We're all still waiting for your opinion on vat-grown meat.
b***@m.nu
Jeanne Douglas
2017-11-01 22:32:39 UTC
Post by Jahnu
Post by b***@m.nu
Wow janet I guess you like being made to look very stupid. Yup you are
a masochist.
I'm glad. Who wants to be regarded as intelligent by a bunch of
anti-intellectual retards? :)
Is there any need for a Creator?
Of course there isn't.
2017-11-01 07:22:49 UTC
Big Bang?
What appears to have happened is a Creation rather than a BB,
Merely your unevidenced belief.
Rather a belief based on --> solid evidence.
Post by Smiler
simply because there is no mechanism that would allow the
Universe to begin in an arbitrary state and then evolve into
the highly ordered state that there is today.
Does the surface of the moon look 'highly ordered' to you?
The Moon serves its function exactly as it was created to do.

Human life would not be here on Earth if the moon was not
there.
Even some of them are predictable http://www.cometwatch.co.uk/
Evidence best points to it being a Creation.
Cloud Hobbit
2017-10-30 19:44:48 UTC
Andrew lied: What appears to have happened is a Creation
rather than a BB, simply because there is no
mechanism that would allow the Universe to
begin in an arbitrary state and then evolve into
the highly ordered state that there is today.
_____________________

Appears to whom?
The big bang happened. There is evidence for it No matter if you think it was the beginning of the universe or not.
___________________

On account of this orderliness, we can precisely
predict the path of celestial bodies and eclipses
thousands of years into the future.
______________________
Because theses things have been observed and tracked.
_________________

Ignorance of what the big bang was noted.
Jahnu
2017-10-31 02:53:14 UTC
On Mon, 30 Oct 2017 12:44:48 -0700 (PDT), Cloud Hobbit
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Appears to whom?
To thinking people.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
The big bang happened. There is evidence for it No matter if you think it was the beginning of the universe or not.
Because you say so? hahaha :) What evidence might that be, bozo?

--but, but this dude in a lab coat told me so himself. I saw it on
TV.

Atheists always moan and whine about proof and evidence. They seem to
forget that their own belief system, abiogenesis - ie. the funny idea
that matter creates life - is completely unfounded, blind belief. Why
don't atheists demand proof of that?

But this is the double-standard one is forced to accept as an atheist.
Stone-hard and cold facts are required to give credibility to the
opposition, but when it comes to one's own beliefs the same demands
are suddenly not required.

Anyhow, atheists always go on and on about scientific proof and
evidence. So then I offer the scientific proof - that if you maintain
an atheistic mentality, you will experience a lot more suffering and
frustration than if you accept to connect with Krishna. That is a test
anyone can perform and verify - Krishna conciousness brings greater
happiness in life and atheism brings greater misery and suffering in
life.

What people in general don't understand is that life in the material
world is basically one of suffering and frustration. It is so, because
Krishna has made it that way. The reason Krishna has designed it that
way, is because if things were perfect in the material world, the
fallen, lost souls would not want to go back to the spiritual world
and enjoy with Krishna. They would want to stay in the material world
and enjoy the body. Actually, this is what most people want, anyway -
stay in the material world and enjoy their senses. Krishna is even so
kind that a soul in the body of a worm in stool, thinks he is
enjoying. Even the souls living under the most hellish conditions
think they are enjoying. Apart from that, there are the heavenly
planets where the demigods enjoy bodily gratification to the max.
Anyone can go there by being pious, following the process devised by
God.

So the human form of life is a chance for the soul to get rid of all
suffering. A clever person will ask the question, why do I suffer? and
try to get rid of it. The human form of life is a chance for the soul
to get rid of all suffering. Atheism bars the human being from this
opportunity. Atheism just conditions the soul to more suffering.

Krishna says:

From the highest planet in the material world down to the lowest, all
are places of misery wherein repeated birth and death take place. But
one who attains to My abode, O son of KuntI, never takes birth again.
(Bg. 8.16)

Humility; pridelessness; nonviolence; tolerance; simplicity;
approaching a bona fide spiritual master; cleanliness; steadiness;
self-control; renunciation of the objects of sense gratification;
absence of false ego; the perception of the evil of birth, death, old
age and disease; detachment; freedom from entanglement with children,
wife, home and the rest; even-mindedness amid pleasant and unpleasant
events; constant and unalloyed devotion to Me; aspiring to live in a
solitary place; detachment from the general mass of people; accepting
the importance of self-realization; and philosophical search for the
Absolute Truth—all these I declare to be knowledge, and besides this
whatever there may be is ignorance. (Bg.13. 8-12)

Note, that the perception of the evil of birth, death, old age and
disease is one of the symptoms of knowledge. Most people are
intelligent enough to understand they are suffering. Only animals
don't understand they are suffering. In the human form of life the
soul is given sufficient intelligence by nature to understand he is
suffering. Whether he will admit it here, is another matter.

So anyone who is serious about becoming free from suffering must
surrender to Krishna and God's laws. These laws are explained in the
Vedas. And anyone who maintains an atheistic mentality will suffer
repeatedly. That's the proof that atheism is bad for you. And anyone
who chants Krishna's name on a regular basis will experience great joy
and happiness in life. That's proof that Krishna is good for you. It's
as simple as that.

Krishna says:

O learned Uddhava, those who fix their consciousness on Me, giving up
all material desires, share with Me a happiness that cannot possibly
be experienced by those engaged in sense gratification.

--Srimad Bhagavatam 11.14.12

Jeanne Douglas
2017-10-31 08:21:05 UTC
Post by Jahnu
On Mon, 30 Oct 2017 12:44:48 -0700 (PDT), Cloud Hobbit
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Appears to whom?
To thinking people.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
The big bang happened. There is evidence for it No matter if you think it was the beginning of the universe or not.
Because you say so? hahaha :) What evidence might that be, bozo?
From <https://www.big-bang-theory.com/>:

First of all, we are reasonably certain that the universe had a beginning.
Second, galaxies appear to be moving away from us at speeds proportional to their distance. This is called "Hubble's Law," named after Edwin Hubble (1889-1953) who discovered this phenomenon in 1929. This observation supports the expansion of the universe and suggests that the universe was once compacted.
Third, if the universe was initially very, very hot as the Big Bang suggests, we should be able to find some remnant of this heat. In 1965, Radioastronomers Arno Penzias and Robert Wilson discovered a 2.725 degree Kelvin (-454.765 degree Fahrenheit, -270.425 degree Celsius) Cosmic Microwave Background radiation (CMB) which pervades the observable universe. This is thought to be the remnant which scientists were looking for. Penzias and Wilson shared in the 1978 Nobel Prize for Physics for their discovery.
Finally, the abundance of the "light elements" Hydrogen and Helium found in the observable universe are thought to support the Big Bang model of origins.

And from here: <http://www.schoolsobservatory.org.uk/learn/astro/cosmos/bigbang/bb_evid>

1. Redshift of Galaxies

2. Microwave Background

3. Mixture of Elements

4. Looking back in time

And here <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang#Observational_evidence>

"Observational evidence
5.1Hubble's law and the expansion of space
5.2Cosmic microwave background radiation
5.3Abundance of primordial elements
5.4Galactic evolution and distribution
5.5Primordial gas clouds
5.6Other lines of evidence
5.7
2017-10-31 19:48:42 UTC
Post by Jahnu
On Mon, 30 Oct 2017 12:44:48 -0700 (PDT), Cloud Hobbit
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Appears to whom?
To thinking people.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
The big bang happened. There is evidence for it No matter if you think it was the beginning of the universe or not.
Because you say so? hahaha :) What evidence might that be, bozo?
--but, but this dude in a lab coat told me so himself. I saw it on
TV.
Atheists always moan and whine about proof and evidence. They seem to
forget that their own belief system, abiogenesis - ie. the funny idea
that matter creates life - is completely unfounded, blind belief. Why
don't atheists demand proof of that?
Showing that Jesper doesn't know beans about abiogenesis. He is so limited by the idea that something with self-awareness is needed to create life that
his 'mind' can't go beyond this. You could explain this to him in words of no more than two syllables, and he still wouldn't understand it - only partly
because he doesn't want to. It is simply beyond his mental capacity. All he
can do is repeat nonsense that makes him feel comfortable. He doesn't have
to understand. He just has to accept, like any religious fanatic.
Post by Jahnu
[...]
From the highest planet in the material world down to the lowest, all
Andrew
2017-11-01 06:57:01 UTC
He is so limited by the idea that something with self-awareness is
needed to create life that his 'mind' can't go beyond this.
Whereas you have embraced the unscientific belief that life created
itself.
Mitchell Holman
Whereas you believe in a god who created himself.
Christopher A. Lee
2017-11-01 13:00:06 UTC
On Wed, 01 Nov 2017 06:59:10 -0500, Mitchell Holman
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Andrew
Post by hypatiab7
He is so limited by the idea that something with self-awareness is
needed to create life that his 'mind' can't go beyond this.
Whereas you have embraced the unscientific belief that life created
itself.
Has anybody ever seen this in-your-face liar actually tell the truth?
Post by Mitchell Holman
Whereas you believe in a god who created himself.
If he said the sky was blue, I'd look out of the window to make sure.

"Life created itself" is a deliberately stupid distortion that is
meant for his fellow creationists - "Either my imaginary magical
superbeing created it, or it created itself".

It emerged naturally, as the result of chemical and physical processes
which broke no scientific laws.
Cloud Hobbit
2017-10-31 20:26:23 UTC
Post by Jahnu
On Mon, 30 Oct 2017 12:44:48 -0700 (PDT), Cloud Hobbit
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Appears to whom?
To thinking people.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
The big bang happened. There is evidence for it No matter if you think it was the beginning of the universe or not.
Because you say so? hahaha :) What evidence might that be, bozo?
Not because I say so, because the evidence gathered by perople who study these things say so, yoou astronomers, cosmologists, scientists, or don't they tell about this stuff in your cult?
Post by Jahnu
--but, but this dude in a lab coat told me so himself. I saw it on
TV.
Unless you are willfully avoiding such knowledge it is prfetty easy to obtain.
Post by Jahnu
Atheists always moan and whine about proof and evidence.
No, they ask for confirmation of things that theists say that they can't prove.

They seem to
Post by Jahnu
forget that their own belief system, abiogenesis - ie. the funny idea
that matter creates life - is completely unfounded, blind belief. Why
don't atheists demand proof of that?
Such evidence has been p[osted here many times. You aren't allowedd to use Google in the cult?
Post by Jahnu
But this is the double-standard one is forced to accept as an atheist.
Thewre is no double standard. If theists did not deny reality when it conflicts with their beleifs they would not be asked to procve things that most of the world rejrects as fiction.
Post by Jahnu
Stone-hard and cold facts are required to give credibility to the
opposition, but when it comes to one's own beliefs the same demands
are suddenly not required.
That's just a bald-faced lie. It is you who usually runs away from requests for evidence. It is you who claims somebody has proven something only to link to a person who is a quack or fraud.
Post by Jahnu
Anyhow, atheists always go on and on about scientific proof and
evidence. So then I offer the scientific proof - that if you maintain
an atheistic mentality, you will experience a lot more suffering and
frustration than if you accept to connect with Krishna. That is a test
anyone can perform and verify - Krishna consciousness brings greater
happiness in life and atheism brings greater misery and suffering in
life.
You have offered nothing close to scientific proof of such claims.
Post by Jahnu
world is basically one of suffering and frustration.
They don't understand it because it is not true. Until you prove there is a non-material world you are making a baseless claim, again.

It is so, because
Post by Jahnu
Krishna has made it that way.
That's that blue fucker, right? Why couldn't it have Zeus or Jesus or God, or any of the other imaginary gods people believe in with just as much passion and just as little evidence?

Try googling abiogenesis evidence and big bang evidence.
Nobody sits around trying tot think up new ways to make the world believe something untrue, well outside of politics and the IRC anyway.
Andrew
2017-11-01 08:01:43 UTC
The big bang happened. There is evidence for it
Yes there is evidence for it. But when you look
more closely, you see that the evidence tells you
that it was a Creation rather than a random event.
Cloud Hobbit
2017-11-01 10:00:55 UTC
If you look up waste of time, there's a picture of Andrew.
Andrew
2017-11-01 12:06:54 UTC
If you look up waste of time, there's a picture
of Andrew.
In other words you cannot refute what I posted,
which means that your atheistic origins myth is
a deception, and that you have been deceived.
Andrew
2017-11-01 12:22:20 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by Cloud Hobbit
If you look up waste of time, there's a picture
of Andrew.
In other words you cannot refute what I posted,
which means that your atheistic origins myth is
a deception, and that you have been deceived.
I failed to mention that since you thus testify that
atheism is a deception, then conversely the truth
is that there really -is- a Creator. He is the most
awesome One.

Thank you.

~ Andrew
Mitchell Holman
"Most awesome" - compared to what?
Kevrob
2017-11-03 16:02:26 UTC
He is the most awesome One.
"Most awesome" - compared to what?
It doesn't matter. to these theists, what is important is that
beings capable of rational though bow and scrape like slaves
before their (imaginary) supernatural superbeing, who is supposed
to be so much greater than they are.

That a truly superior being would have no interest in such adulation
never seems to occur to them.

Kevin R
Atlatl Axolotl
2017-10-30 19:53:00 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Big Bang?
What appears to have happened is a Creation
rather than a BB, simply because there is no
mechanism that would allow the Universe to
begin in an arbitrary state and then evolve into
the highly ordered state that there is today.
On account of this orderliness, we can precisely
predict the path of celestial bodies and eclipses
thousands of years into the future.
Which would not be possible if the origin of
the Universe were the result of an explosion.
Really, it ain't all that complex.

http://alturl.com/5ypte

a2
b***@m.nu
2017-10-30 19:36:30 UTC
On Sun, 29 Oct 2017 17:44:11 -0700 (PDT), Cloud Hobbit
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Big Bang?
Do have one, won't you?
Just make it a place where you won't be a troll.
CH, janet only does this to get attention, thusly continuing the
lineage of trolldom in its genealogy, I am sure they were all bat shit
crazy...
Cloud Hobbit
2017-10-30 19:58:50 UTC
I'm sure Jesper is a loon.

Normally, I ignore it completely.

As I tend to do with Bob, Andrew, Kurt, and now Madjoe. There simply is no point in engaging with them. Their arguments amount to nothing more than the typical theist bullshit, lies, distortions, quote mining, outdated science, and denials.

I see no point in engaging with them. Madjoe is IMO simply a troll who can't be as wrong as he is without effort.

The same applies to the others.

They provoke in order to engage in a battle that can't be won.
You can't win against someone who
just ignores reality.

Being crazy wouldn't allow them to be as completely wrong as they are. Jesper is a true believer and a coward who just runs away when shit gets to real.
b***@m.nu
2017-10-30 22:41:25 UTC
On Mon, 30 Oct 2017 12:58:50 -0700 (PDT), Cloud Hobbit
Post by Cloud Hobbit
I'm sure Jesper is a loon.
Normally, I ignore it completely.
As I tend to do with Bob, Andrew, Kurt, and now Madjoe. There simply is no point in engaging with them. Their arguments amount to nothing more than the typical theist bullshit, lies, distortions, quote mining, outdated science, and denials.
I see no point in engaging with them. Madjoe is IMO simply a troll who can't be as wrong as he is without effort.
The same applies to the others.
They provoke in order to engage in a battle that can't be won.
You can't win against someone who
just ignores reality.
Being crazy wouldn't allow them to be as completely wrong as they are. Jesper is a true believer and a coward who just runs away when shit gets to real.
They are all very very lonely not to mention they are all masochists.
They fully enjoy being made fun of and being embarrassed. They live
moment to moment hoping the next moment they will be insulted in some
way in order to fill their attention quota for the day