Q: Was There Even A Pope When Peter Was Alive? A: No. Not For At Least 300 Years After Christ
Add Reply
b***@gmail.com
2018-12-04 13:56:45 UTC

Roman Catholicism teaches that the apostle Peter was the first "pope" and that
there has been an unbroken line of popes since Peter. From this belief they
proclaim that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church because Peter
(and the Catholic Church) were given the "keys", so to speak, to the kingdom of
God and no other church has been given those keys. The Catholic Church base this
teaching on those well known words that Christ Jesus spoke to Peter in Matthew:

Matthew 16:18 ...'And I say unto thee Peter, thou art Peter [petros], and upon
this Rock [petra] will I build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.'

So who was the "rock" [petra] that Christ was talking about? Was it Peter like
the Catholics believe? Or was Christ speaking of Himself? Well, the best way of
getting to the truth of this verse, is by using the Bible to interpret itself.

Would you agree that the best way to interpret these words from Jesus is to
find out how the other apostles who heard these very words understood them?
After all, if Jesus really did mean that Peter was to be the "head" of the
church, then we should find some support for this in the rest of the New
Testament writings.

Let us start with the very apostle who these words were directed at; Peter.
Who did Peter believe was the "rock" upon which the church was to be built?
Speaking of Jesus Christ before the people, Peter said:

Acts 4:11-12 ...'This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders,
which is become the head of the corner. Neither is there salvation in any
other; for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we
must be saved.'

Is there any reference at all here from Peter that the church was to be built
upon himself? No, he clearly points to Christ Jesus as the "stone" or "rock"
that the church is to be built on, with Jesus being the HEAD of it.

And notice what else Peter says. He clearly states that NO OTHER NAME HAS BEEN
GIVEN AMONGST MEN whereby we can be saved. Only Jesus Christ. And yet the
Catholic leaders teach that it is only through the Roman Church that salvation
can be secured, due to Jesus giving Peter the "headship" of the church. But
Peter himself disagrees with them!

1 Peter 5:1-4 ...'The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an
elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the
glory that shall be revealed: Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking
the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre,
but of a ready mind; Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being
examples to the flock. And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, you shall
receive a crown of glory that will not fade away.'

We can clearly see that Peter thought himself to be just an "elder" among
the other elders of the church. Nothing more! And he confirms Christ to be
the "chief Shepherd" and only Leader of the Christian church. Also, look at
what else he says. No one is to act as a "lord" over God's heritage, i.e., no
one is to exercise any kind of dominion over the church.

( From: http://www.end-times-prophecy.org/was-peter-first-pope.html )
Moses
2018-12-04 14:21:55 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
http://youtu.be/tFoHH5dlKrQ
[...]
( From: http://www.end-times-prophecy.org/was-peter-first-pope.html )
BUSH

Nacogdoches. Oldest town in Texas.
Stephen F. Austin State University (I AM temp destiny)
http://www2.sfasu.edu/story/articles/Oct11-StoneFortMuseum.html

Behold, God remembered The Alamo. (final destiny)
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/soc.history.ancient/iDzx3SvThSY
Behold, God remembered The Alamo. (final destiny)
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/uk.religion.pagan/AuiKmP2iOT4
Behold, God remembered The Alamo. (final destiny)
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.religion.druid/T9TYwkohVeI
Behold, God remembered The Alamo. (final destiny)
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.religion.wicca/3JCkUANQxaU
Behold, God remembered The Alamo. (final destiny)
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/sci.archaeology/bUa-7zXphZs
Behold, God remembered The Alamo. (final destiny)
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.archaeology/8hv3ALEPAB8
Behold, God remembered The Alamo. (final destiny)
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.archeology/sqdnURD5Oa4
Behold, God remembered The Alamo. (final destiny)
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.atheism/u1tZ4t_mEdI

A+M = AM
(I AM temp destiny)
http://www.sfasu.edu/stonefort/

Moses
:2 Berger:
Blaebernonsense and tchukuto green bean tempura.
:2 Berger:
2018-12-04 15:25:50 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
http://youtu.be/tFoHH5dlKrQ
I'm not going to your youtube videos unless you either give a synopsis,
provide a snippet of the lyrics
tell of the graphical representative lingering image,
or all of the above.
Yes they do.
duke
2018-12-04 21:25:42 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
http://youtu.be/tFoHH5dlKrQ
Roman Catholicism teaches that the apostle Peter was the first "pope" and that
there has been an unbroken line of popes since Peter.
Peter the first pope is right out of scripture. NOTHING in scripture supports
tulip paganism.
Post by b***@gmail.com
From this belief they
proclaim that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church
More filthy lies. We Catholics NEVER proclaim such. But there's little support
for tulips.

because Peter
Post by b***@gmail.com
(and the Catholic Church) were given the "keys", so to speak, to the kingdom of
God and no other church has been given those keys. The Catholic Church base this
Matthew 16:18 ...'And I say unto thee Peter, thou art Peter [petros], and upon
this Rock [petra] will I build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.'
So who was the "rock" [petra] that Christ was talking about? Was it Peter like
the Catholics believe? Or was Christ speaking of Himself? Well, the best way of
getting to the truth of this verse, is by using the Bible to interpret itself.
Peter.
Post by b***@gmail.com
Would you agree that the best way to interpret these words from Jesus is to
find out how the other apostles who heard these very words understood them?
After all, if Jesus really did mean that Peter was to be the "head" of the
church, then we should find some support for this in the rest of the New
Testament writings.
We already know. The CC is the Church founded by Jesus with Peter selected by
Jesus to be the first Pope.
Post by b***@gmail.com
Let us start with the very apostle who these words were directed at; Peter.
Who did Peter believe was the "rock" upon which the church was to be built?
Because Jesus professed that the church is built on the rock foundation of the
prophets and Apostles.
Post by b***@gmail.com
Is there any reference at all here from Peter that the church was to be built
upon himself? No, he clearly points to Christ Jesus as the "stone" or "rock"
that the church is to be built on, with Jesus being the HEAD of it.
And notice what else Peter says. He clearly states that NO OTHER NAME HAS BEEN
GIVEN AMONGST MEN whereby we can be saved.
Then why did you tulips get predestined chosen? Haahaahaa.

The Purpose of the NT Word of God is not to inform as it did in
the OT,but instead to form us in the very image of Jesus Christ.
2018-12-05 21:41:47 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
http://youtu.be/tFoHH5dlKrQ
Roman Catholicism teaches that the apostle Peter was the first "pope" and that
there has been an unbroken line of popes since Peter.
Peter the first pope is right out of scripture. NOTHING in scripture supports
tulip paganism.
From this belief they
Post by b***@gmail.com
Is there any reference at all here from Peter that the church was to be built
upon himself? No, he clearly points to Christ Jesus as the "stone" or "rock"
that the church is to be built on, with Jesus being the HEAD of it.
And notice what else Peter says. He clearly states that NO OTHER NAME HAS BEEN
GIVEN AMONGST MEN whereby we can be saved.
That's right, the church was built on a rock hard peter.
Everybody knows that. Now if only someone could figure out why any religion that claims to be all about love, has a deity that is such an ignorant, evil, murdering asshole.

And why the fuck would he want an idiot like you representing him?
You are the Christian version of Jesper.

That fact alone, should tell you that you are a failure.
the dukester, American-Pedophile Priest Apologist
duke
2018-12-06 22:56:18 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
http://youtu.be/tFoHH5dlKrQ
Roman Catholicism teaches that the apostle Peter was the first "pope" and that
there has been an unbroken line of popes since Peter.
Peter the first pope is right out of scripture. NOTHING in scripture supports
tulip paganism.
From this belief they
Post by b***@gmail.com
Is there any reference at all here from Peter that the church was to be built
upon himself? No, he clearly points to Christ Jesus as the "stone" or "rock"
that the church is to be built on, with Jesus being the HEAD of it.
And notice what else Peter says. He clearly states that NO OTHER NAME HAS BEEN
GIVEN AMONGST MEN whereby we can be saved.
That's right, the church was built on a rock hard peter.
Are you a rock hard peter?

2018-12-05 11:52:02 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
http://youtu.be/tFoHH5dlKrQ
Roman Catholicism teaches that the apostle Peter was the first "pope" and that
there has been an unbroken line of popes since Peter.
You don't know scripture, do you booby.