Is Religious Faith A Mental Illness?
2020-06-02 08:47:20 UTC
Whatever happened to all the unicorns
and dragons the Bible say existed?
That is an irrelevant question.
Only because you cannot answer it.
I only answer the question of the Bible spiritually and philosophically.
Wow, now aaa claims to be a philosopher....
Thank you, but I will only be a student of the philosophy of God.
Human world is for the sane people who are not living in a LaLaLand!
Cite the passage. The EXACT passage.
It's about the entire chapter.
When cannot cite, it is not difficult to say you have nothing!
I did make my point about Adam and Eve previously.
That is the biggest lie...Chinese are yellow and not White!
What have you got to say about this fact?????????????????

aaa claims to be from A/E, by default????????????
Yap Honghor
2020-06-02 08:50:13 UTC
YOu talk alot about Jesus. Have you read the Old Testament?
Not really, I rely on the biblical knowledge of the atheists in here.
See, how broken head is this aaa........
aaa
2020-06-02 18:57:31 UTC
YOu talk alot about Jesus. Have you read the Old Testament?
Not really, I rely on the biblical knowledge of the atheists in here.
See, how broken head is this aaa........
That only shows your little faith in God.

God's spiritual evidence is evident in everyone.
Find it and treasure it because it's the covenant of God.
It's the reason why we are given this life on earth.
It's the foundation why we can have meaning in life.

Let's all honor our personal spiritual evidence of God for the sake of
Christ!
Yap Honghor
2020-06-02 08:53:19 UTC
On Thursday, May 28, 2020 at 9:47:23 AM UTC+8, Mitchell Holman
So you know more than the Bible, and the Bible is just wrong
about god killing people?
That's just your own claim. It has nothing to do with what I
said.
And the killings happened as a historical fact...such as in Noah
flood when Moses had no power to exercise against the Egyptians?
The killings happened, but they had nothing to do with God
because
God is always good and never evil.
God kills people in the Bible. Fact.
Genesis 7:11-24 God kills every living thing on the face
of the earth other than Noah's family.
Genesis 19:24. God kills everyone in Sodom and Gomorrah.
Exodus 14:23-30 God drowns entire Egyption army.
Genesis 19:17 God turns Lotts wife into a pillar of salt.
Exodus 12:29 God kills every firstborn child in Egypt.
Numbers 16:35 A fire from the Lord consumes 250 men.
Numbers 16:49 A plague from the Lord kills 14,700 people.
Numbers 25:9 24,000 people die in a plague from the Lord.
2 Samuel 24:15 The Lord sends a pestilence on Israel
that kills 70,000 men.
2 Kings 1:10-12 Fire from heaven comes down and consumes
fifty men.
2 Kings 19:35 An angel of the Lord kills 185,000 men.
2 Kings 2:23-24 God sends two she-bears to kill 42
children for mocking Elisha's baldness.
Let us see how mad theists defend these above facts as written in
the
bible, unless they concede the book is full of con stuffs...
Duke will say those passages are just "faith statements".
Arty/Joe will say they "not relevant to modern Jews".
WRONG. I will say God uses capital punishment for wrong doers.
You don't know your own religion very well, do you?
Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God
Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is
giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their
fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign
gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully.
If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable
act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and
completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the
livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle
of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch
as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must
remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of
the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the
LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you.
He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation,
just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your
God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the
commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him."
Deuteronomy 13:13-19
HAHAHAHAHA! My religion is the things I do and practice myself today.
It has nothing to do with anything God did centuries ago. AS a matter of fact, you cannot prove God did anything back then. You need remedial reading.
The instruction is suppose evergreen, does it valid then and not now?
'suppose' is a verb, not an adverb. 'valid' is an adjective not a verb.
And you wonder why I laugh at your A1 English translator??
OK, I would thank you for offering sane response to pertinent points rather than harping on my English mistakes...or you can do both!
Ivan The Terrible
2020-06-02 09:08:37 UTC
On Mon, 1 Jun 2020 07:46:11 -0700 (PDT), Ivan The Terrible
Common sense will never contradict with the Bible.
The Bible says dragons and unicorns exist.
Common sense says they do not.
Which is right?
That's irrelevant.
God's Holy Word is "irrelevant"?
Your issue is irrelevant.
Why do you think He put it there
if He didn't think it was important?
Everything in the Bible is only important spiritually and
philosophically. All other issues, concerns, or speculations
are
irrelevant.
That is just your Cafeteria Christianity
speaking, picking out the Bible bits you like
and ignoring the rest.
I said everything. There is no picking.
You just said the Bible references
to dragons and unicorns is "irrelevant",
remember?
Not true. Your interpretation is irrelevant.
What is my "interpretation"?
Your interpretation is your claim that "the Bible says dragons and
unicorns exist."
Jeremiah 10:22
Behold, the noise of the bruit is come, and a great
commotion out of the north country, to make the cities
of Judah desolate, and a den of dragons.
Jeremiah 14:6
And the wild asses did stand in the high places, they
snuffed up the wind like dragons; their eyes did fail,
because there was no grass.
Jeremiah 51:37
And Babylon shall become heaps, a dwellingplace for dragons,
an astonishment, and an hissing, without an inhabitant.
Micah 1:8
I will make a wailing like the dragons, and mourning as the owls.
Malachi 1:3
And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste
for the dragons of the wilderness.
Psalm 44:19
Though thou hast sore broken us in the place of dragons,
and covered us with the shadow of death.
Psalm 74:13
Thou didst divide the sea by thy strength: thou brakest the
heads of the dragons in the waters.
Psalm 148:7
Isaiah 13:22
And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate
houses, and dragons in their pleasant palaces: and her time is
near to come, and her days shall not be prolonged.
Isaiah 34:13
And thorns shall come up in her palaces, nettles and brambles
in the fortresses thereof: and it shall be an habitation of
dragons, and a court for owls.
Isaiah 35:7
And the parched ground shall become a pool, and the thirsty land
springs of water: in the habitation of dragons, where each lay,
shall be grass with reeds and rushes.
Isaiah 43:20
The beast of the field shall honour me, the dragons and the
owls: because I give waters in the wilderness, and rivers in
the desert, to give drink to my people, my chosen.
Jeremiah 9:11
And I will make Jerusalem heaps, and a den of dragons; and
I will make the cities of Judah desolate, without an inhabitant.
Psalm 22:21
Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard
me from the horns of the unicorns.
Psalm 29:6
He maketh them also to skip like a calf; Lebanon and
Sirion like a young unicorn.
Job 39:9
Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib?
Deuteronomy 33:17
His glory is like the firstling of his bullock, and his horns
are like the horns of unicorns.
You have only proved my point.
Whatever happened to all the unicorns
and dragons the Bible say existed?
That is an irrelevant question.
Only because you cannot answer it.
I only answer the question of the Bible spiritually and philosophically.
so God would never kill people. According to Adam and
Eve, people kill themselves by sinning against God instead.
Where did Adam and Eve say THAT?
It's according to what happened to Adam and Eve.
Back up your claim with a Bible passage proving it.
Since you know what I'm talking about, you can read it
yourself.
Isn't lying one of your sins?
Why do you lie about what the Bible says?
I have not.
Then back up your claim about Adam and Eve.
You can read genesis chapter three yourself. It's not very long.
You claims this passage exists, post it.
I don't have to talk about one passage. I'm talking about one
chapter.
"According to Adam and Eve, people kill themselves
by sinning against God instead."
Post your proof.
Genesis chapter 3 is the proof.
Cite the passage. The EXACT passage.
It's about the entire chapter.
God's spiritual evidence is evident in everyone.
Find it and treasure it because it's the covenant of God.
It's the reason why we are given this life on earth.
It's the foundation why we can have meaning in life.
Let's all honor our personal spiritual evidence of God for the sake of
Christ!
YOu talk alot about Jesus. Have you read the Old Testament?
What for. The NT is all about moving on from the failures on the Law in the
OT/old covenant. As it was pointed out, the blood of bulls and goats can never
take away sin.
Galatians 3:19
New International Version
19 Why, then, was the law given at all? It was added because of transgressions
until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. The law was given through
angels and entrusted to a mediator.
the dukester, American-American
ROTFL! Are you actually trying to convert a Conservative Jew to Christianity?
It would be easier to climb Mount Everest buck naked and all by yourself.
We are not interested in your "New Covenant". That's why very few Jews ever read the New Testament. Calling Jesus the Son of God violates the most important law of Judaism:There is only one divine being-God Himself.
SkyEyes
2020-06-02 09:45:34 UTC
[...]
Oh, it's *very* relevant. Spot-on, in fact. It's just that you can't answer it, so you try to brush it off.

For years, when I was a youngster and still a believer, I wondered why there were no unicorns or dragons as described in the bible. To repeat Mitchell's question, what happened to them?

Brenda Nelson, A.A. #34
BAAWA Knight of the Golden Litterbox
Professor of Feline Thermometrics and Cat-Herding
***@cox.net
aaa
2020-06-02 19:08:04 UTC
Post by SkyEyes
[...]
Micah 1:8 Therefore I will wail and howl, I will go stripped
and naked: I will make a wailing like the dragons, and
mourning as the owls.
Malachi 1:3 And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his
heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.
Psalm 44:19 Though thou hast sore broken us in the place of
dragons, and covered us with the shadow of death.
Psalm 74:13 Thou didst divide the sea by thy strength: thou
brakest the heads of the dragons in the waters.
Psalm 148:7 Praise the LORD from the earth, ye dragons, and
[...]
Not at all. Since it has nothing to do with the spiritual and
philosophical teaching of the Bible, it is, in fact, irrelevant.
Post by SkyEyes
For years, when I was a youngster and still a believer, I wondered
why there were no unicorns or dragons as described in the bible. To
repeat Mitchell's question, what happened to them?
That is only your ignorance and your ignorance alone. It has no effect
on the Bible.

Christ!
Cloud Hobbit
2020-06-03 22:22:22 UTC
Post by SkyEyes
For years, when I was a youngster and still a believer, I wondered
why there were no unicorns or dragons as described in the bible. To
repeat Mitchell's question, what happened to them?
That is only your ignorance and your ignorance alone. It has no effect
on the Bible.
You could have simply said you don't know what happened to them.
It is not ignorance to ask questions about what the bible says, especially since, according to you we all get the bible words wrong. Quotes from the bible
that are perfectly clear to the rest of the world, mean something completely different to you. Since you are such an expert on a book you never read, it seems perfectly reasonable to ask you questions about what the bible really says.

Do you know what happened to the unicorns and dragons?
What was the reason for mentioning them in the bible?
What was God trying to tell us?
aaa
2020-06-03 22:44:09 UTC
Post by SkyEyes
For years, when I was a youngster and still a believer, I
wondered why there were no unicorns or dragons as described in
the bible. To repeat Mitchell's question, what happened to
them?
That is only your ignorance and your ignorance alone. It has no
effect on the Bible.
You could have simply said you don't know what happened to them. It
is not ignorance to ask questions about what the bible says,
especially since, according to you we all get the bible words wrong.
Quotes from the bible that are perfectly clear to the rest of the
world, mean something completely different to you. Since you are
such an expert on a book you never read, it seems perfectly
reasonable to ask you questions about what the bible really says.
There is nothing wrong to ask questions about the Bible, but the Bible
doesn't have to answer all your questions. The Bible, as the teaching of
God, will only answer your spiritual and philosophical questions instead.
Do you know what happened to the unicorns and dragons? What was the
reason for mentioning them in the bible? What was God trying to tell
us?
That would be your job to figure it out yourself. I'm not interested in
the unicorns and dragons. I'm interested in the spiritual and
philosophical truth of God instead.

Christ!
SkyEyes
2020-06-02 10:08:28 UTC
<Snippage>
The Bible says god kills people.
Your "common sense" says the Bible is wrong about that.
Which is right?
That is only your misunderstanding. The common sense says God
is always good and [never] evil,
"Common sense" doesn't play into religious stories. In fact, it
doesn't play into religion *at all*. If it did, you'd *all* be
atheists.
That's not possible. Last time I check, atheism is entirely based
on the atheist common ignorance of God. That's the exact opposite
of common sense.
We're not "ignorant" of any god - most of us on this group started
life out as some flavor of theist, but then we started asking the
hard questions - you know, like "why is there no logical, objective,
verifiable evidence of any god?"
If you are not ignorant of God, you would have known the existence of
God.
Hell, I knew god, I was a theist until age 23 or thereabouts. (Then I started looking for actual *evidence* of its existence, and, finding none, realized I was an atheist. That was 47 years ago, and I *still* haven't seen a shred of evidence for a god.
Your question actually proves your ignorance. In fact, it is a
statement of ignorance. You have no evidence. You only have ignorance.
Of *course* I have no evidence that a god does not exist - negatives can't be proven, after all. In the case of god, however, absence of evidence is pretty much evidence of absence.
so God would never kill people.
If the Flood Myth and the Twelve Plagues of Egypt are a fact, He
killed a shitload of them. Lots and lots of children and
babies, too.
Not at all. Those things are the result of God's law returning evil
back to the evil doers themselves.
Oh, absolutely. Have you ever actually *read* the Old Testament? I
have, and in it God does a crapload of killing.
That doesn't really prove me wrong. It only shows a rather primitive
understanding of what I said in the above.
A rather primitive tendency on your part to shuck and jive when confronted with the clear meaning of biblical passages that don't conform to your way of thinking, is what it shows.
“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not
omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he
both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able
nor willing? Then why call him God?” ― Epicurus
According to Adam and Eve, people kill themselves by sinning
against God instead.
And where did Adam and Eve say anything like that? I can't find
it in Genesis. Do cite a chapter and verse, thanks awfully.
Adam and Eve did suffer the spiritual death by taking the fruit
exactly as God predicted. The serpent did lie, and God did tell the
truth.
You *still* haven't answered my question, so I'll as it again: Where in the bible, chapter and verse, did Adam and Eve say that people kill themselves by sinning against god? Get crackin, triple-a, if you don't know the passage by heart, it ought to be easy to find out on the big wide internet. 'Cause I can't find it in any translation of the bible in my collection.
define "spiritual." Then explain to me how A&E were supposed to know
- being new to the world, and innocent of the knowledge of right vs.
wrong - that any kind of death, spiritual or otherwise, was a bad
thing?
Just because they were ignorant of their spiritual death doesn't mean it
didn't happen.
Except that god didn't say "spiritual death" when he warned Adam and Eve, he just said "death." Not that it makes much difference - they wouldn't have known what spiritual death was, anymore than they knew what physical death was.
The spiritual is in contrast with the physical.
Yeah, but what *is* it?
It's the higher level of existence.
And your evidence for that assertion would be...what, exactly? So far all you're doing is making assertions.
It's also called heaven and the true reality taught by Socrates and Plato.
Since-fucking-when is "the spiritual" the same thing as "heaven"? "Heaven" is supposed to be a *place*. "Spiritual," as far as I can make out, is some sort of mental or emotional state. If that's true, you'd do better arguing for the Nirvana of Buddhism, the final goal, a state where there's no suffering, no desire, no sense of self.

Of course, there's no evidence for the Buddhist teachings being factual either, but I doubt that would stop you.
Need we school you *again* on the pertinent fact that A&E were
put in the Garden not knowing right from wrong, thereby being
incapable of grokking the meaning of the term "disobedience"? Or
that they didn't understand the concept of "death" (the promised
punishment) because death hadn't come into the world yet, and
therefore they had no way of knowing what "death" entailed?
God didn't punish Adam and Eve for taking the fruit. The fruit
brought Adam and Eve the punishment of spiritual death to be
separated from God.
Since you've apparently never read the end of the story, I'll quote
To me, those things are apparent consequences for being separated from
God as the result of sin. It has everything to do with sin and nothing
to do with God.
Nobody's asking for your shuck-and-jive interpretation. Read the story with clear eyes: it has *everything* to do with god. God punished A&E, not the fruit.
Genesis 3
"16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and
thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy
desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee."
[Sounds like punishment to me]
"17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice
of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee,
saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake;
in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou
shalt eat the herb of the field;"
19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return
unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art,
and unto dust shalt thou return."
[That's not punishment?]
"20 And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother
of all living.
21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the Lord God make coats of
skins, and clothed them.
22 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to
know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take
23 Therefore the Lord God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to
till the ground from whence he was taken.
24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden
of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to
keep the way of the tree of life."
Sure sounds like punishment to me.
***@cox.net
aaa
2020-06-02 23:11:55 UTC
Post by SkyEyes
[...]
That is a self-contradiction.
Post by SkyEyes
Your question actually proves your ignorance. In fact, it is a
statement of ignorance. You have no evidence. You only have
ignorance.
Of *course* I have no evidence that a god does not exist - negatives
can't be proven, after all. In the case of god, however, absence of
evidence is pretty much evidence of absence.
You need to acknowledge your ignorance first before you can speculate
about God.
Post by SkyEyes
so God would never kill people.
If the Flood Myth and the Twelve Plagues of Egypt are a fact,
He killed a shitload of them. Lots and lots of children and
babies, too.
Not at all. Those things are the result of God's law returning
evil back to the evil doers themselves.
Oh, absolutely. Have you ever actually *read* the Old Testament?
I have, and in it God does a crapload of killing.
That doesn't really prove me wrong. It only shows a rather
primitive understanding of what I said in the above.
A rather primitive tendency on your part to shuck and jive when
confronted with the clear meaning of biblical passages that don't
conform to your way of thinking, is what it shows.
Actually, you need to improve your spiritual and philosophical
understanding of the Bible.
Post by SkyEyes
“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not
omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he
neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?” ― Epicurus
According to Adam and Eve, people kill themselves by
sinning against God instead.
And where did Adam and Eve say anything like that? I can't
find it in Genesis. Do cite a chapter and verse, thanks
awfully.
Adam and Eve did suffer the spiritual death by taking the
fruit exactly as God predicted. The serpent did lie, and God
did tell the truth.
You *still* haven't answered my question, so I'll as it again: Where
in the bible, chapter and verse, did Adam and Eve say that people
kill themselves by sinning against god?
They didn't have to say anything. They are the example of sinning
against God, and the wage of sin is death. Everybody knows that.

Get crackin, triple-a, if
Post by SkyEyes
you don't know the passage by heart, it ought to be easy to find out
on the big wide internet. 'Cause I can't find it in any translation
of the bible in my collection.
define "spiritual." Then explain to me how A&E were supposed to
know - being new to the world, and innocent of the knowledge of
right vs. wrong - that any kind of death, spiritual or otherwise,
was a bad thing?
Just because they were ignorant of their spiritual death doesn't
mean it didn't happen.
Except that god didn't say "spiritual death" when he warned Adam and
Eve, he just said "death." Not that it makes much difference - they
wouldn't have known what spiritual death was, anymore than they knew
what physical death was.
God doesn't have to care about the physical death.
Post by SkyEyes
The spiritual is in contrast with the physical.
Yeah, but what *is* it?
Spiritual is the manifestation of the spirit.
Post by SkyEyes
It's the higher level of existence.
And your evidence for that assertion would be...what, exactly? So
far all you're doing is making assertions.
The things in my signature are the evidence. Philosophy is also the
evidence because it's the study of this higher level of existence.
Post by SkyEyes
It's also called heaven and the true reality taught by Socrates and
Plato..
Since-fucking-when is "the spiritual" the same thing as "heaven"?
"Heaven" is supposed to be a *place*. "Spiritual," as far as I can
make out, is some sort of mental or emotional state. If that's true,
you'd do better arguing for the Nirvana of Buddhism, the final goal,
a state where there's no suffering, no desire, no sense of self.
Well, you are wrong. The spiritual is the real existence. The physical,
on the other hand, is only an illusion.
Post by SkyEyes
Of course, there's no evidence for the Buddhist teachings being
factual either, but I doubt that would stop you.
I believe the other shore in the teaching of the Buddha is the spiritual
world.
Post by SkyEyes
[...]
I disagree. A&E are only punished by their own mistake to forsake God.

Christ!
Kurt Nicklas
2020-06-03 13:19:57 UTC
Post by SkyEyes
[...]
I decided I was an atheist at 14. In my forties I decided I was wrong. I grew up.
That's the simple version.

What's your real story?
Why? What's the difference?
Yap Honghor
2020-06-04 01:07:10 UTC
Post by SkyEyes
[...]
Oh dear, suddenly the pixie appeared before you at age 14?
Couldn't it help you to be the King for USA??????
What's your real story?
Why? What's the difference?
Mitchell Holman
2020-06-02 12:55:47 UTC
HAHAHAHAHA! My religion is the things I do and practice myself today.
It has nothing to do with anything God did centuries ago.
Aren't your Jewish holidays all about
"what god did centuries ago?
AS a matter
of fact, you cannot prove God did anything back then.
Bingo.

If you cannot prove this god ever did
anything why do you worhip him?
Christopher A. Lee
2020-06-02 13:27:16 UTC
On Tue, 02 Jun 2020 07:55:47 -0500, Mitchell Holman
Post by Mitchell Holman
HAHAHAHAHA! My religion is the things I do and practice myself today.
It has nothing to do with anything God did centuries ago.
Aren't your Jewish holidays all about
"what god did centuries ago?
What they imagine it did.

If he had an IQ greater than room temperature, he would understand
why thinking minds reject the Exodus story, instead of screaming
"LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" at them.
Ivan The Terrible
I don't scream liar at you. I just calmly present the evidence that you are one. You give me so much to choose from that I'm overwhelmed with it.
Ivan The Terrible
2020-06-03 00:02:39 UTC
HAHAHAHAHA! My religion is the things I do and practice myself today.
It has nothing to do with anything God did centuries ago.
Aren't your Jewish holidays all about
"what god did centuries ago?
Nyet. I'm not gonna take the time and space to explain all of Judaism to you.
That's why I posted the website Judaism 101. It's all there for you to read.
Mitchell Holman
2020-06-03 01:39:53 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Mitchell Holman
HAHAHAHAHA! My religion is the things I do and practice myself
today. It has nothing to do with anything God did centuries ago.
Aren't your Jewish holidays all about
"what god did centuries ago?
Nyet. I'm not gonna take the time and space to explain all of Judaism to you.
Passover has nothing to with god?

Rosh Hashanah has nothing to with god?

Sukkot has nothing to do with god?

If you are really a Jew you aren't a very good one.
Ivan The Terrible
Since you obviously know nothing about Judaism, you are not qualified to make that assessment. But then, ignorance has never stopped you from making pronouncements before.
Mitchell Holman
Just answer the above questions.
Ivan The Terrible
Я не хочу
Cloud Hobbit
Russian for I can't answer what I don't know.
Cloud Hobbit
2020-06-03 22:28:24 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Mitchell Holman
HAHAHAHAHA! My religion is the things I do and practice myself
today. It has nothing to do with anything God did centuries ago.
Aren't your Jewish holidays all about
"what god did centuries ago?
Nyet. I'm not gonna take the time and space to explain all of Judaism to you.
Passover has nothing to with god?
Rosh Hashanah has nothing to with god?
Sukkot has nothing to do with god?
If you are really a Jew you aren't a very good one.
Since you obviously know nothing about Judaism, you are not qualified to make that assessment. But then, ignorance has never stopped you from making pronouncements before.
I'm going to save that quote, it's priceless.

"But then, ignorance has never stopped you from making pronouncements before."

That's you in a nutshell.
Which is another name for a mental hospital that I just invented.
Don Martin
2020-06-03 13:02:18 UTC
On Tue, 02 Jun 2020 20:39:53 -0500, Mitchell Holman
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Mitchell Holman
HAHAHAHAHA! My religion is the things I do and practice myself
today. It has nothing to do with anything God did centuries ago.
Aren't your Jewish holidays all about
"what god did centuries ago?
Nyet. I'm not gonna take the time and space to explain all of Judaism to you.
Passover has nothing to with god?
Rosh Hashanah has nothing to with god?
Sukkot has nothing to do with god?
If you are really a Jew you aren't a very good one.
And if he is really a person . . .
2020-06-03 13:23:28 UTC
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Mitchell Holman
HAHAHAHAHA! My religion is the things I do and practice myself
today. It has nothing to do with anything God did centuries ago.
WHAT FUCKING GOD, in the real world beyond his religion?
He might be artificial, but he ain't an AI.
Ivan The Terrible
You are definitely genuine, a genuine liar.
Don Martin
2020-06-03 14:44:50 UTC
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Mitchell Holman
Aren't your Jewish holidays all about
"what god did centuries ago?
Nyet. I'm not gonna take the time and space to explain all of Judaism to you.
Passover has nothing to with god?
Rosh Hashanah has nothing to with god?
Sukkot has nothing to do with god?
If you are really a Jew you aren't a very good one.
And if he is really a person . . .
He might be artificial, but he ain't an AI.
I would think that the artificiality of his intelligence is second to
none.
2020-06-02 12:57:00 UTC
Whatever happened to all the unicorns
and dragons the Bible say existed?
That is an irrelevant question.
Only because you cannot answer it.
I only answer the question of the Bible spiritually and
philosophically.
Wow, now aaa claims to be a philosopher....
Thank you, but I will only be a student of the philosophy of God.
Cite the passage. The EXACT passage.
It's about the entire chapter.
When cannot cite, it is not difficult to say you have nothing!
I did make my point about Adam and Eve previously.
Fabricating a claim about what Adam and Eve
did is hardly "making a point" about them.
aaa
2020-06-02 18:55:42 UTC
Whatever happened to all the unicorns
and dragons the Bible say existed?
That is an irrelevant question.
Only because you cannot answer it.
I only answer the question of the Bible spiritually and
philosophically.
Wow, now aaa claims to be a philosopher....
Thank you, but I will only be a student of the philosophy of God.
Cite the passage. The EXACT passage.
It's about the entire chapter.
When cannot cite, it is not difficult to say you have nothing!
I did make my point about Adam and Eve previously.
Fabricating a claim about what Adam and Eve
did is hardly "making a point" about them.
That only shows your lack of understanding. Adam and Eve did die. The
serpent did lie. God did tell the truth. The only problem is that it was
the death of the spirit in the minds of Adam and Eve. It's called the
first spiritual death.

Christ!
Mitchell Holman
2020-06-02 12:59:24 UTC
Truth, love, wisdom, compassion, knowledge, consciousness,
intelligence, happiness, faith, courage, justice, peace, freedom,
and life itself.
God's spiritual evidence is evident in everyone.
Find it and treasure it because it's the covenant of God.
It's the reason why we are given this life on earth.
It's the foundation why we can have meaning in life.
Let's all honor our personal spiritual evidence of God for the sake
of Christ!
YOu talk alot about Jesus. Have you read the Old Testament?
Not really, I rely on the biblical knowledge of the atheists in here.
Except when they cite a passage
that proves you wrong, whereupon you
dismiss it as a "misinterpretation".
aaa
2020-06-02 19:00:27 UTC
Truth, love, wisdom, compassion, knowledge, consciousness,
intelligence, happiness, faith, courage, justice, peace, freedom,
and life itself.
God's spiritual evidence is evident in everyone.
Find it and treasure it because it's the covenant of God.
It's the reason why we are given this life on earth.
It's the foundation why we can have meaning in life.
Let's all honor our personal spiritual evidence of God for the sake
of Christ!
YOu talk alot about Jesus. Have you read the Old Testament?
Not really, I rely on the biblical knowledge of the atheists in here.
Except when they cite a passage
that proves you wrong, whereupon you
dismiss it as a "misinterpretation".
Unfortunately, you cannot prove it's not a misinterpretation.

Christ!
Mitchell Holman
2020-06-03 01:32:13 UTC
Truth, love, wisdom, compassion, knowledge, consciousness,
intelligence, happiness, faith, courage, justice, peace, freedom,
and life itself.
God's spiritual evidence is evident in everyone.
Find it and treasure it because it's the covenant of God.
It's the reason why we are given this life on earth.
It's the foundation why we can have meaning in life.
Let's all honor our personal spiritual evidence of God for the sake
of Christ!
YOu talk alot about Jesus. Have you read the Old Testament?
Not really, I rely on the biblical knowledge of the atheists in here.
Except when they cite a passage
that proves you wrong, whereupon you
dismiss it as a "misinterpretation".
Unfortunately, you cannot prove it's not a misinterpretation.
Your claim, your burden of proof.

Is the Bible passage I quote directly
from Biblegateway wrong?

Prove it.

Is the translation inaccurate?

Prove it.

Is it contradicted in another passage?

Prove it.
aaa
2020-06-03 14:56:13 UTC
[...]
The Bible is never wrong, and you are never right.

Christ!
Mitchell Holman
2020-06-02 13:01:25 UTC
God didn't punish Adam and Eve for taking the fruit.
More proof you never read the Bible.
I don't take it as God's punishment. I consider it as the
inevitable
result of the separation from God.
God did it. God is quoted as doing it.
That's entirely two different things. They are not the same.
Here is the passage you deleted.
Do you have a point?
You claim God didn't punish anyone, the passage
below proves you wrong.
I understand it differently.
Who cares what you "understand"?

You made a claim, the Bible proves
disproves it, and that settles it.
To the woman God said,
"I will make your pains in childbearing very severe;
with painful labor you will give birth to children."
Genesis 3:16
Are you saying god LIED about imposing a
punishment on all women because of Eve?
No, I'm saying it is an obvious misunderstanding by the Bible
writer
at
the time. Even today, a natural disaster is still called an act of
God
when everybody knows it has nothing to do with God.
So you DO believe the Bible lied.
That's just your misinterpretation again.
You are the one denying god's own words, not me.
No, I only deny your interpretation instead.
God said it, you refuse to believe it.

What would Jssus say about that?
aaa
2020-06-02 19:09:41 UTC
[...]
Your interpretation has nothing to do with God.

Christ!
Mitchell Holman
2020-06-03 01:34:43 UTC
[...]
God said it, you refuse to believe it, ergo
you are calling god a liar.
aaa
2020-06-03 14:34:20 UTC
[...]
That's only according to your interpretation that is always wrong.

Christ!
Mitchell Holman
Tell us YOUR "interpretation" of Genesis 3:16
aaa
2020-06-04 23:31:36 UTC
[...]
No interpretation is needed. Genesis3:16 is God's way to describe the
consequence of sin. God will never mention the word "sin." That is God's
way to never give sin the slightest chance of legitimation. It's God's
way to show us that sin has never existed and will never exist.

Christ!
Mitchell Holman
2020-06-05 12:55:12 UTC
[...]
More proof you never read your Bible.

Then the Lord said to Cain, "Why are you angry?
Why is your face downcast? If you do what is
right, will you not be accepted? But if you do
not do what is right, sin is crouching at your
door; it desires to have you, but you must rule
over it."
Genesis 4:7

PS: Why do you lie so much?

Don Martin
2020-06-02 14:25:35 UTC
On Mon, 01 Jun 2020 21:59:13 -0500, Mitchell Holman
[...]
Ah, Deuteronomy! Known to extreme religionists as "the good old
days."
2020-06-02 13:36:49 UTC
The only supernatural things in this world are the
supernova and black holes, not the supernatural beings
which have no reason to exist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We have pictures of supernovae and black holes.
Pictures of black holes? Not really, I think.
We have no pictures of supernatural things.
BTW, who is this 'we'?
Do you have pictures of supernatural things - ghosts, gods,
bridge trolls, etc.? Not drawings, just real photos or
videos without special effects.
I hate to disillusion you. God is not visible to all humans and you can't film Him.
So, something that is not powerful enough to make itself visible....
You shouldn't take your own flaw and handicap as God's inability.
So, you want a new born to be left to fend for himself by his parents?
That has nothing to do with what I said. I'm talking about your
spiritual blindness that has been keeping you from realizing God.
There is no fucking god for any one to realize...
A broken head cannot understand this?
There is nothing to understand. It's only your blind denial.
Why do you choose to ignore your mental condition?
That's still just part of your blind denial.
I never deny you have been mental...
That is as good as a "nothing" especially when it cannot hear prayers!!!!!
And you are in no position to demand for God to hear all prayers.
Why? Because your pixie is deaf?
Because God will only answer our prayers based on the love of Christ. If
we pray out of the love of Christ, we are considered praying in the name
of Jesus. By the love of Christ, in the name of Jesus, our prayer will
always be answered by God.
But, I see your prayers failed miserably because your broken head is still intact!
You have no idea what you are talking about.
Denial is all you can do?
That's actually you.
That is part of yours that I have borrowed!
False. I made my point, and you have nothing but blind denial.

Christ!
Yap Honghor
This is yet another standard reply when you have nothing!
aaa
2020-06-03 14:47:20 UTC
Denial is all you can do?
That's actually you.
That is part of yours that I have borrowed!
False. I made my point, and you have nothing but blind denial.
This is yet another standard reply when you have nothing!
I made a point you can't disagree. That's far from nothing.

Christ!
aaa
2020-06-02 13:39:22 UTC
Let's all honor our personal spiritual evidence of God for the sake of
Christ!
YOu talk alot about Jesus. Have you read the Old Testament?
He has admitted that he never read the bible...worse, I doubt he knows what is OT...
I know just enough to prove you wrong, and it has never failed.

Christ!
Mitchell Holman
2020-06-02 17:40:08 UTC
Let's all honor our personal spiritual evidence of God for the sake
of Christ!
YOu talk alot about Jesus. Have you read the Old Testament?
He has admitted that he never read the bible...worse, I doubt he knows what is OT...
I know just enough to prove you wrong, and it has never failed.
You have never proven anything here. You
make grand unsupported claims, claim they are
"proven by your personal understanding" and
then demand others prove you wrong.

"when you can't prove me wrong, I'm automatically right"
"aaa", June 14 2019
http://tinyurl.com/y4eqqqkl
aaa
2020-06-03 11:44:40 UTC
Let's all honor our personal spiritual evidence of God for the sake
of Christ!
YOu talk alot about Jesus. Have you read the Old Testament?
He has admitted that he never read the bible...worse, I doubt he knows what is OT...
I know just enough to prove you wrong, and it has never failed.
You have never proven anything here. You
make grand unsupported claims, claim they are
"proven by your personal understanding" and
then demand others prove you wrong.
The fact is, you can't prove otherwise.

Christ!
Cloud Hobbit
2020-06-03 22:34:45 UTC
Post by Mitchell Holman
"when you can't prove me wrong, I'm automatically right"
"aaa", June 14 2019
http://tinyurl.com/y4eqqqkl
When you can't demonstrate that you are correct, you are automatically wrong.
Simple logic doesn't make you right. Logical statements are often wrong.
It's facts that demonstrate truth, not logic alone.
aaa
2020-06-03 22:54:55 UTC
Post by Mitchell Holman
"when you can't prove me wrong, I'm automatically right"
"aaa", June 14 2019
http://tinyurl.com/y4eqqqkl
When you can't demonstrate that you are correct, you are automatically wrong.
What I have shown are rather simple facts and common sense. They can't
be wrong, and you haven't proved them wrong.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Simple logic doesn't make you right. Logical statements are often wrong.
Then it would be your job to prove them wrong.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
It's facts that demonstrate truth, not logic alone.
But you are blind to my simple spiritual facts that have been shown in
my signature. There is nothing I can do. You need to realize your own
blindness and your own lack of understanding instead.

Christ!
Yap Honghor
2020-06-04 01:05:20 UTC
Let's all honor our personal spiritual evidence of God for the sake
of Christ!
YOu talk alot about Jesus. Have you read the Old Testament?
He has admitted that he never read the bible...worse, I doubt he
knows what is OT...
I know just enough to prove you wrong, and it has never failed.
You have never proven anything here. You
make grand unsupported claims, claim they are
"proven by your personal understanding" and
then demand others prove you wrong.
The fact is, you can't prove otherwise.
The fact is, since you have a pixie, no one needs to help you in anything....although you conceded your broken head is not healed by your own all powerful pixie yet for so long!!!!!!!!
http://tinyurl.com/y4eqqqkl
aaa
2020-06-04 23:22:26 UTC
On Monday, June 1, 2020 at 10:46:14 PM UTC+8, Ivan The
Let's all honor our personal spiritual evidence of God
for the sake of Christ!
YOu talk alot about Jesus. Have you read the Old
Testament?
He has admitted that he never read the bible...worse, I
doubt he knows what is OT...
I know just enough to prove you wrong, and it has never
failed.
You have never proven anything here. You make grand unsupported
claims, claim they are "proven by your personal understanding"
and then demand others prove you wrong.
The fact is, you can't prove otherwise.
The fact is, since you have a pixie, no one needs to help you in
anything....although you conceded your broken head is not healed by
your own all powerful pixie yet for so long!!!!!!!!
As usual, you still have nothing but blind denial. How sad is that.

Christ!
Yap Honghor
I have never denied that you are a broken head...in case you chose to forget!
d***@cox.net
2020-06-02 17:21:00 UTC
Whatever happened to all the unicorns
and dragons the Bible say existed?
That is an irrelevant question.
Only because you cannot answer it.
I only answer the question of the Bible spiritually and philosophically.
Wow, now aaa claims to be a philosopher....
Thank you, but I will only be a student of the philosophy of God.
Human world is for the sane people who are not living in a LaLaLand!
LaLaLand would be a step up for you.
2020-06-02 18:12:25 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Yap Honghor
Whatever happened to all the unicorns
and dragons the Bible say existed?
That is an irrelevant question.
Only because you cannot answer it.
I only answer the question of the Bible spiritually and philosophically.
Wow, now aaa claims to be a philosopher....
Thank you, but I will only be a student of the philosophy of God.
Human world is for the sane people who are not living in a LaLaLand!
LaLaLand would be a step up for you.
...no Earl, stepping into Lala Land is a step sideways into
the land of religious delusion. No sane individual would
journey into a land of fantasy and the live their life based
on fairy tales and myths.
Ivan The Terrible
You don't understand the words you are using. A "delusion" is a distorted view of a fact. Religious beliefs are faith, not fact. That's why religious beliefs are not listed as a mental illness in the DSM V published by the American Psychiatric Association.
Yap Honghor
Where is this LaLaLand?
d***@cox.net
2020-06-02 17:24:21 UTC
Let's all honor our personal spiritual evidence of God for the sake
of Christ!
YOu talk alot about Jesus. Have you read the Old Testament?
What for. The NT is all about moving on from the failures on the Law
in the OT/old covenant.
Funny how the OT is "irrelevant" - until Christians
need to justify homophobia by citing Leviticus or plaster
every school with a Ten Commandments plaque.
Hebrews 8:7
New International Version
7 For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would
have been sought for another.

You were saying?
2020-06-02 18:45:43 UTC
Whatever happened to all the unicorns
and dragons the Bible say existed?
That is an irrelevant question.
Only because you cannot answer it.
I only answer the question of the Bible spiritually and philosophically.
Wow, now aaa claims to be a philosopher....
Thank you, but I will only be a student of the philosophy of God.
Human world is for the sane people who are not living in a LaLaLand!
Philosophy has nothing to do with la-la-land.
Post by Yap Honghor
Cite the passage. The EXACT passage.
It's about the entire chapter.
When cannot cite, it is not difficult to say you have nothing!
I did make my point about Adam and Eve previously.
That is the biggest lie...Chinese are yellow and not White!
What have you got to say about this fact?????????????????
aaa claims to be from A/E, by default????????????
Bullshit.

Christ!
Yap Honghor
2020-06-03 00:47:54 UTC
Whatever happened to all the unicorns
and dragons the Bible say existed?
That is an irrelevant question.
Only because you cannot answer it.
I only answer the question of the Bible spiritually and philosophically.
Wow, now aaa claims to be a philosopher....
Thank you, but I will only be a student of the philosophy of God.
Human world is for the sane people who are not living in a LaLaLand!
Philosophy has nothing to do with la-la-land.
Philosophy will cover your LaLaLand if it exists...
Cite the passage. The EXACT passage.
It's about the entire chapter.
When cannot cite, it is not difficult to say you have nothing!
I did make my point about Adam and Eve previously.
That is the biggest lie...Chinese are yellow and not White!
What have you got to say about this fact?????????????????
aaa claims to be from A/E, by default????????????
Bullshit.
If you have firm believe about A/E which were claimed to be the first pair of human, then you ARE their descendant....

Since you said bullshit, then there were no A/E!
aaa
2020-06-03 14:54:26 UTC
Whatever happened to all the unicorns and dragons the
Bible say existed?
That is an irrelevant question.
Only because you cannot answer it.
I only answer the question of the Bible spiritually and
philosophically.
Wow, now aaa claims to be a philosopher....
Thank you, but I will only be a student of the philosophy of God.
Human world is for the sane people who are not living in a
LaLaLand!
Philosophy has nothing to do with la-la-land.
Philosophy will cover your LaLaLand if it exists...
That's only your own imagination.
Cite the passage. The EXACT passage.
It's about the entire chapter.
When cannot cite, it is not difficult to say you have
nothing!
I did make my point about Adam and Eve previously.
That is the biggest lie...Chinese are yellow and not White! What
have you got to say about this fact?????????????????
aaa claims to be from A/E, by default????????????
Bullshit.
If you have firm believe about A/E which were claimed to be the first
pair of human, then you ARE their descendant....
I consider the story of Adam and Eve a parable with deep spiritual and
philosophical meanings. The Bible is about the spiritual and
philosophical. It has nothing to do with any biological speculations.
Post by Yap Honghor
Since you said bullshit, then there were no A/E!
You have been Adam and Eve yourself.