What is do process?
Lucifer
2020-08-06 11:14:18 UTC
I keep hearing about do process. What is that?
Andrew W
2020-08-06 11:37:09 UTC
Post by Lucifer
I keep hearing about do process. What is that?
It's a process that you do, as opposed to a process that you just think
about.
Duh
Viktor Tandofsky
2020-08-06 11:40:29 UTC
The phrase is "due process" and it refers to legal procedure.
Kevrob
2020-08-06 11:47:08 UTC
Post by Lucifer
I keep hearing about do process. What is that?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Due_process

For example, in the story of the Garden of Eden, since Adam
and Eve were practically newborns they should have been tried
in juvenile court, and sentences of death against minors are
cruel and unusual. They also should have had trials before
disinterested arbiters, rather than the allegedly aggrieved
party (parties?) Neither did they have any access to counsel,
nor to any appeal process.

There's also the question of their "heavenly father" not exercising
a reasonable duty of care, leaving them unsupervised environment
before they even knew right from wrong, and leaving them, in their
naivete, vulnerable to the influence of any bad actor who happened
to crawl or slithered along. Clearly Family Services should have
investigated th hairy thunderer, and taken the purported first
humans into foster care, at least temporarily.
Well, one must understand that as a pixie is the sole authority, it cannot allow due justice to happen...otherwise, it will not muster respect or fear from its followers who happened to be just broken heads!!!!!!!!
John Locke
2020-08-06 14:47:04 UTC
On Thu, 06 Aug 2020 21:14:18 +1000, Lucifer
Post by Lucifer
I keep hearing about do process. What is that?
Due process is the legal requirement that the state must respect all
legal rights that are owed to a person...in theory.

"Fear paints pictures of ghosts and hangs them in the
gallery of ignorance" - Robert Green Ingersoll

"Nothing could be more idiotic and absurd than the
doctrine of the trinity" - Robert Green Ingersoll
Andrew W
He already knew that. He was having a go at a not so literate US poster.
Lucifer
I'm having a go at the many people too lazy to pronounce due properly.
m***@gmail.com
2020-08-07 04:14:08 UTC
Post by Lucifer
I keep hearing about do process. What is that?
Due process is the legal requirement that the state must respect all
legal rights that are owed to a person...in theory.
He already knew that. He was having a go at a not so literate US poster.
I'm having a go at the many people too lazy to pronounce due properly.
Dyou really mean that?