Philosophical conjecture: what is the ultimate nature of reality
a***@gmail.com
2019-02-13 12:23:59 UTC
At the fundamental level, space is a three dimensional grid, with each cube being dead or alive. There are basically two rules or forces. The taking force makes a cube dead, and the giving force makes a cube alive. These two forces have to be in balance to create the environment for a complex world capable of life.

For reference, read about the game of life.

Abhinav Lal
Writer & Investor

"Where are the philosopher kings?"
Alex W.
2019-02-13 23:20:58 UTC
Post by a***@gmail.com
At the fundamental level, space is a three dimensional grid, with each cube being dead or alive. There are basically two rules or forces. The taking force makes a cube dead, and the giving force makes a cube alive. These two forces have to be in balance to create the environment for a complex world capable of life.
For reference, read about the game of life.
For a start, reality is not and cannot be three-dimensional. That would
require absolute stasis, no change, no entropy, no natural laws.

So you have to add time and think in at least four dimensions.
a***@gmail.com
2019-02-14 05:34:57 UTC
Post by Alex W.
Post by a***@gmail.com
At the fundamental level, space is a three dimensional grid, with each cube being dead or alive. There are basically two rules or forces. The taking force makes a cube dead, and the giving force makes a cube alive. These two forces have to be in balance to create the environment for a complex world capable of life.
For reference, read about the game of life.
For a start, reality is not and cannot be three-dimensional. That would
require absolute stasis, no change, no entropy, no natural laws.
So you have to add time and think in at least four dimensions.
Of course. I only said space is three dimensional. Time is considered by many physicists to be an additional dimension.

However some physicists believe that space has more dimensions.

Abhinav Lal
Writer & Investor

"What is fundamental?"
Intelligence
Maybe it is obesity
Robert Carnegie
2019-02-14 22:36:30 UTC
Post by a***@gmail.com
At the fundamental level, space is a three dimensional grid, with each cube being dead or alive. There are basically two rules or forces. The taking force makes a cube dead, and the giving force makes a cube alive. These two forces have to be in balance to create the environment for a complex world capable of life.
For reference, read about the game of life.
Abhinav Lal
Writer & Investor
"Where are the philosopher kings?"
Some people theorise that the universe we know is just
a computer simulation of an imaginary world - like in
the film, "The Matrix", but with fully simulated
physics down to atoms (and quarks, ha ha). The world
that the computer exists in is presumably quite
different, but not necessarily.

I think this is an unsatisfactory premise because most
of the atoms in our universe are not doing anything
interesting, so why make the simulation.

One version of the "theory" is that when a civilisation
like ours becomes somewhat more technically able, we or
they will spend most of their time building computer
simulations of their less sophisticated ancestors,
forever, and therefore we ourselves are almost certainly
one of those simulations instead of the real thing.

I think this is ridiculous: it may be optimistic but I
hope that our descendants will find better uses of their
time than to use us for study or ridicule.

For if we ourselves were thus inclined then we would keep
a chimpanzee at home. Yes, Tarzan did, but he was a nut.
It is written, Earthmen are not proud of their ancestors,
and never invite them round to dinner.