what a "few" beers can do to a fertile mind
default
2018-04-07 18:11:47 UTC
A lot of this sounds like me bragging or "how smart am I" - but the
truth is I've just got what psychologists would call a bad case of
ADHD. (and more's the pity, would try to cure) everything is
interesting and I just can't get enough. Every day it is interesting
and I want more of this stimulation. (almost as driving as sexual
intercourse)

I've a niece who seems to be just like that - so hyper active and
jumping from one thought to another (faster than I can keep up) and
her whole life seemed to be enthralled with the variety of, and things
she could do, and was itching to tell you about even if she had no
concept of the physical limitations involved. Boiling with
enthusiasm....

(I suspect this is rare, or more rare, in women, and fantasize what it
would be like to have a sexual partner with the same affliction, but I
digress...)

Well, she took to school about as well as I did - daydreaming most of
the time, and got poor marks. Parents, being so wise, listen to the
shrinks on the school staff and put her on drugs. Now she's a zombie
(to my way of thinking) gets excellent-excellent grades (like they
don't believe) and is suicidal when you talk to her, if you can
actually engage in conversation; when before you couldn't avoid it.

I suspect it isn't intelligence so much as how they were aimed as
children or how they managed to avoid the pitfalls inherent in their
upbringing. Some kids just seem to be conditioned to pleasing their
parents and teachers - they need that sort of "adult" approval above
all else. They get good grades, are "well behaved," a joy to trot out
in front of the relatives (if that's your thing) and "will do well in
life."

The children are not allowed or encouraged, except to be some
aggrandized, often fictional, reflection of their parents.

"Doing well in life, means being stereotypically Limited, IMO. Get up
go to work, married to someone with whom you manage to "make a
marriage work." (that is to say, you didn't get divorced in spite of
your feelings) Pay off a mortgage, hatch out kids (you train them to
be just like yourself), take "fun filled family vacations" with, and
die.

From my perspective, under those circumstances, that last is more
desirable...

Or its' evolutionary the kids will survive if they, don't pet that
cat, don't eat those berries, watch for sink holes, etc., and some
folks extend that thinking to gods, the parents aren't at fault, they
are just ignorant.

But that's life. More often (in the US) the only life we have known.
We are conditioned to think about god (most of us since birth or first
awareness) and what "He Wants." of us (by people with strange dress
that purport to know what "He Wants" of us)

That's it... game over! Our only purpose in life is to stroke the
ego of the omniscient, invisible, all powerful, Creator of the
Universe, so that AFTER our corporal souls turn to dust, we may bask
in the glory of the creator.

Now I ask you: Duh?

And don't get me started on "strange dress." Shamans from the stone
age onward used various adornments designed to set them apart from
their fellow man: bones, scepter's, liturgical garments (church-speak
for all their "consecrated" tomfoolery) mud and insects etc. Don't
forget the pope's wizard of oz red pumps, or the beards and hats of
the Jews and Muslims.

It is just possible that I am a different species. An evolutionary
branch I share with my niece and some others. I think not. I think
there are people all through history that have been born with this
gift (or curse) some who turned it to their glory, others who just
never quite understood it, or never craved the recognition of others.

The thing is we are all unique. There are no two alike. We all have
the capacity to be what we were meant to be, without other people
placing their biases and desires on us. We all need each other's
strengths and weaknesses, and Differences.

Educational institutions fail us from birth to awareness, or death.

"Think outside the box?" Think without boxes, don't listen to what
you've been told.
Yap Honghor
It is especially important to guide the children to think for themselves and not get indoctrinated. Leave the children to keep track on their interests would be a smart and better way to develop hidden talent.
%
you have no children so you know nothing , just shut up monkey face
Yap Honghor
Fucking lifeless lying to my face shall have his food source (nuts and other buried supply) forfeited by the squirrels and crows in coming winter.....
hypatiab7
2018-04-08 14:06:05 UTC
Post by default
[...]
From my perspective, under those circumstances, that last is more
[...]
A little bit of encouragement can go a long way. Good luck with whatever you choose to do, default.