To trolls re: Sunday morning, I don't have to go to church thread
2017-02-27 12:42:06 UTC
{quote}
All subject threads with the letters aa in front of them are
intended for atheists only. If a theist should respond to one
of these threads and an atheist wants to respond to the theist
in return, the atheist should remove the aa to start a new thread.
If the theist wants to remove the aa first, that's okay, too.
So, Andrew, you find a new way to ignore the FAQ.
Pure troll, as always.
Many religions require or strongly encourage attendance at
a weekly meeting for the purpose of worship, fellowship and
instruction in the faith.
(Alternately, for self-abnegation, continued indoctrination,
and social control of the members.)
How do you use the time freed up by not attending?
I sleep in, like I've done for the past 45 years or so, ever since I ditched going to church.
Also, I've retired two years ago and I sleep 'till noon pretty much every day.
Fuck Sundays, fuck work, fuck mornings!
Now you have time to prepare for --> the final Day.
I think we'll all sleep in on that "Day," as it
is only a dream or nightmare.

Do you really think that acting like an asshole in a.a
is winning you points towards your "final reward?"

There's not a shred of caritas, agape, love in what
you do here.

2017-02-27 19:36:03 UTC
[...]
Yet the Day is hastening on at a quickened pace.
Post by Kevrob
Do you really think that acting like an asshole in a.a
is winning you points towards your "final reward?"
There's not a shred of caritas, agape, love in what
you do here.
The truth makes you nervous and uncomfortable.

Thus, since you are at war against truth, you are
a very unhappy man.
Kevrob
2017-02-27 20:17:06 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by Kevrob
Do you really think that acting like an asshole in a.a
is winning you points towards your "final reward?"
There's not a shred of caritas, agape, love in what
you do here.
The truth makes you nervous and uncomfortable.
You can't prove it is "the truth." It's just your silly,
ancient, mythological belief.
Post by Andrew
Thus, since you are at war against truth, you are
a very unhappy man.
If I'm unhappy about anything, it is you trolling the group.

You refuse to abide by the newsgroup's norms. Your trolling
makes the experience of visiting the groups less enjoyable.
You aren't convincing anybody who doesn't already agree with you.
You threaten a.a regulars with "divine" punishment. You don't
evince a milliliter of the milk of human kindness that true
followers of the Nazarene are supposed to.

Folks like you are the reason wags have cracked:
"go to heaven for the climate, to hell for the company."

http://quoteinvestigator.com/2011/07/19/heaven-for-climate/

2017-02-27 23:59:19 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by Kevrob
Do you really think that acting like an asshole in a.a
is winning you points towards your "final reward?"
There's not a shred of caritas, agape, love in what
you do here.
The truth makes you nervous and uncomfortable.
You can't prove it is "the truth."
Then why did you delet it?
Post by Andrew
Thus, since you are at war against truth, you are
a very unhappy man.
If I'm unhappy about anything, it is you trolling the group.
Here you testify that you give others the power to make you
unhappy, and testfying also of your own personal instability.
Post by Kevrob
You refuse to abide by the newsgroup's norms. Your trolling
makes the experience of visiting the groups less enjoyable.
You aren't convincing anybody who doesn't already agree with you.
I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, you
are the ones who are convincing me, by you total
inability to defend your positions.

I try to answer your questions according to my
understanding. I'm not trying to convince *you*.
Post by Kevrob
You threaten a.a regulars with "divine" punishment.
Really! But that would be impossible unless there *was*
a "divine" to administer such "punishment". Right? Yes.

So right here again you testify that atheism is a false
worldview. Because if you -knew- there was no God,
then you could not possibly feel threatened.

Furthermore, that was another poster named "Kit".

Not me.

Which tells us that you are certainly confused.
Post by Kevrob
You don't evince a milliliter of the milk of human
kindness that true followers of the Nazarene are
supposed to.
I conceede you may be right an that one.

And here you acknowledge that Jesus is-->the One.

All glory to Him.

Forever and ever.

Amen.
Kevrob
2017-02-28 00:23:32 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by Kevrob
Post by Andrew
Post by Kevrob
Do you really think that acting like an asshole in a.a
is winning you points towards your "final reward?"
There's not a shred of caritas, agape, love in what
you do here.
The truth makes you nervous and uncomfortable.
You can't prove it is "the truth."
Then why did you delet it?
I have old posting habits. What you wrote is still there, in your
post. I just edited it out of mine.
Post by Andrew
Thus, since you are at war against truth, you are
a very unhappy man.
If I'm unhappy about anything, it is you trolling the group.
Here you testify that you give others the power to make you
unhappy, and testfying also of your own personal instability.
Well, as Sartre said, "Hell is other people." I'm an
individualist, but one can't deny Man is a social animal,
and being surrounded by assholes is unpleasant.
Post by Andrew
Post by Kevrob
You refuse to abide by the newsgroup's norms. Your trolling
makes the experience of visiting the groups less enjoyable.
You aren't convincing anybody who doesn't already agree with you.
I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, you
are the ones who are convincing me, by you total
inability to defend your positions.
If you aren't trying to convince anyone, why post?
Trying to win Brownie Points with your fictional pal,
Yahooey?
Post by Andrew
I try to answer your questions according to my
understanding. I'm not trying to convince *you*.
Nobody asked you. My post was in a thread marked
"aa" per the group FAQ, not one theists are invited
to. Hence this mirror thread for answering you and
yours.
Post by Andrew
Post by Kevrob
You threaten a.a regulars with "divine" punishment.
Really! But that would be impossible unless there *was*
a "divine" to administer such "punishment". Right? Yes.
No. You still don't understand scare quotes, do you?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scare_quotes

I put quotes around "divine" and words like it precisely
because I am not admitting such things exist.
Post by Andrew
So right here again you testify that atheism is a false
worldview. Because if you -knew- there was no God,
then you could not possibly feel threatened.
No "ghod" threatens me. Asshole believers getting their
hands on the reins of power scares the excrement out of me.
Post by Kevrob
You don't evince a milliliter of the milk of human
kindness that true followers of the Nazarene are
supposed to.
I conceede you may be right an that one.
Well, then. I believe the correct reference is to
tell you to look to the log in your own eye, and
not worry about the sliver in your brother's.

Or am I misremembering Matt 7:5? I don't think I am.

http://www.catholic.org/bible/book.php?id=47&bible_chapter=7
Post by Andrew
And here you acknowledge that Jesus is-->the One.
Nope. I am acknowledging that, even if he existed,
and even if he or whoever wrote his lines wasn't divine,
it produced important moral teachings. The "all men are
brothers, love your enemies" stuff was very appealing,
especially to the downtrodden. Doesn't make the myths
true, though.

It isn't exactly what I adhere to. I'm more of an "I will
provisionally treat you as a non-predatory acquaintance
and potential friend up until the time that you give me cause
not to trust you, at which time I will take precautions" kinda
guy. Don't mess with me, I won't mess with you. First do no
harm. Don't "shoot first" but keep your powder dry."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-aggression_principle

Kevin R
Bob Officer
2017-03-01 02:17:28 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by Kevrob
Post by Kevrob
You don't evince a milliliter of the milk of human
kindness that true followers of the Nazarene are
supposed to.
I conceede you may be right an that one.
And here you acknowledge that Jesus is-->the One.
But what of his father?
Post by Andrew
All glory to Him.
Nope that is his father, not the son? Don't you even know your own fucking
religion?
--
Dunning's work explained in clear, concise and simple terms.
John Cleese on Stupidity

Cloud Hobbit
2018-08-26 22:38:17 UTC
Post by Andrew
So right here again you testify that atheism is a false
worldview. Because if you -knew- there was no God,
then you could not possibly feel threatened.
__________________
Well looked here it's one of those stupid "So" sentences that Duke says are always proof that something stupid will follow.

Looks like the stopped clock is right at least once a day.

For the record I know of no atheist who is afraid of God.
What they are afraid of is the believers who will commit the most vile and horrific acts against the nonbelievers.

You know, crazy fuckers like you.
Kevrob
2018-08-26 22:57:03 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by Andrew
So right here again you testify that atheism is a false
worldview. Because if you -knew- there was no God,
then you could not possibly feel threatened.
__________________
Well looked here it's one of those stupid "So" sentences that Duke says are always proof that something stupid will follow.
Looks like the stopped clock is right at least once a day.
For the record I know of no atheist who is afraid of God.
What they are afraid of is the believers who will commit the most vile and horrific acts against the nonbelievers.
You know, crazy fuckers like you.
I told him as much in my post of 27 Feb 2017.
He doesn't understand "arguing in the alternative."

He also admits to be lacking in the "agape" department,
which is supposed to be important for Christians.

He wants to preach at us, when he is what my old
teachers of religion would have considered a lousy
Christian. Big surprise, here's a religious hypocrite.

_V_infernalis_
2018-08-27 17:02:10 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by Kevrob
Post by Kevrob
You threaten a.a regulars with "divine" punishment.
Really! But that would be impossible unless there *was*
a "divine" to administer such "punishment". Right? Yes.
Quite true.

Which is why none of us are worried in the slightest.

Amen.
h***@gmail.com
2017-02-28 03:47:57 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by Kevrob
[...]
Really?
The human beings are going to live on for the next 10 billion years.
And you will piss at yourself?
Post by Andrew
Post by Kevrob
Do you really think that acting like an asshole in a.a
is winning you points towards your "final reward?"
There's not a shred of caritas, agape, love in what
you do here.
The truth makes you nervous and uncomfortable.
Thus, since you are at war against truth, you are
a very unhappy man.
He is not a theist, surviving in a never ending struggle against stupid theocrazy fabrication.
The days forward will have sun shine and good food...and happy families.
Tim
Religious kooks have been making that claim for 2000+ years with nothing to show for it. You're a broken record with no message.
_V_infernalis_
2018-08-27 16:58:31 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by Kevrob
[...]
It is? A "quickened pace"?

You mean God had originally set a certain date, but
now He's pushing that date up? Changing His mind?
Revising His Schedule?

Kind of makes one question that "omniscience" thing then.

Oh, and how exactly are you privy to this information?

a very unhappy man.
Kevrob
2018-08-27 19:42:28 UTC
Post by Andrew
Yet the Day is hastening on at a quickened pace.
Didn't the hagiographers of your Josh record him as warning
against false prophets who claimed knowledge of when the
end times would be nigh?

Matt 24:36

[quote]

But of that day and hour no one knows, neither the angels of
heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.

[/quote] - http://www.usccb.org/bible/matthew/24

So, getting direct revelations of the Last Day are we?
Are you sure that's coming from the Weirdo Trio, and not
from their competition?

How could you tell if the source of your "additional info" was
demonic, anyway?

{Note: no, I don't believe any of this is actually happening.}

2018-08-27 21:30:17 UTC
Post by Andrew
Yet the Day is hastening on at a quickened pace.
Didn't the hagiographers of your Josh record him as warning
against false prophets who claimed knowledge of when the
end times would be nigh?
Matt 24:36
[quote]
But of that day and hour no one knows, neither the angels of
heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.
[/quote] - http://www.usccb.org/bible/matthew/24
So, getting direct revelations of the Last Day are we?
Are you sure that's coming from the Weirdo Trio, and not
from their competition?
How could you tell if the source of your "additional info" was
demonic, anyway?
{Note: no, I don't believe any of this is actually happening.}
But you must have had some concern about it since
you have been keeping this since February 27, 2017.

True as you say, "of that day and hour no one knows".

So the important thing about this is to understand that
He is definitely going to return exactly like He said He
would.

"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some
men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward,
not willing that any should perish, but that all should
come to repentance.

"But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night;
in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great
noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the
earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned
up."
Do you have any questions?
Kevrob
2018-08-27 23:49:46 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by Kevrob
Post by Andrew
Yet the Day is hastening on at a quickened pace.
Didn't the hagiographers of your Josh record him as warning
against false prophets who claimed knowledge of when the
end times would be nigh?
Matt 24:36
[quote]
But of that day and hour no one knows, neither the angels of
heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.
[/quote] - http://www.usccb.org/bible/matthew/24
So, getting direct revelations of the Last Day are we?
Are you sure that's coming from the Weirdo Trio, and not
from their competition?
How could you tell if the source of your "additional info" was
demonic, anyway?
{Note: no, I don't believe any of this is actually happening.}
But you must have had some concern about it since
you have been keeping this since February 27, 2017.
The "we get to sleep in on Sunday" meme is a POSITIVE
for atheism, of for any philosophy that isn't poisoned
by the cretinous practice of mandatory collective worship.

I get annoyed when trolls like you continue your invasion
of a.a even on Sundays, (Saturdays, in the case of observant
Jews, or Adventists, etc) when you'd expect them to be at
their houses of worship, debasing themselves and otherwise
committing affronts against individualism.
Post by Andrew
True as you say, "of that day and hour no one knows".
You grudgingly accept my point, and ignore its conclusion.
Where do you get off claiming to know that the schedule
has been advanced?
Post by Andrew
So the important thing about this is to understand that
He is definitely going to return exactly like He said He
would.
"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some
men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward,
not willing that any should perish, but that all should
come to repentance.
Nonsense. Josh is TOTALLY slack. The gospels are full of
him, and his disciples, promising his return within the lifetimes
of people being preached to.

[quote: Matt 16:28]

Amen, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not
taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.

[/quote] - http://www.usccb.org/bible/matthew/16

2,000+ years and a whole bunch of death later.....
Post by Andrew
"But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night;
in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great
noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the
earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned
up."
Yeah, so they keep promising. Never happens, though.*

What would be funny, would be if all the Holy Rollers had
been raptured around the time of the destruction of the
Second Temple and that most of the various Christian Churches
hadn't figured it out. :) [Search on "preterism." It's a thing.]
The pre- and post-millennialist factions could have a nice row
over that. Tim LaHaye would probably stroke out.... Oh, he already
has.

* More citations of 1st Century, end-of-the-world promises
in Christian scripture:

http://grgaud.blogspot.com/2015/04/slower-than-second-coming.html

It's all hooey.

2018-08-26 21:24:04 UTC
A thousand pardons, oh unenlightened one, but is it not written that
mortals such as this "Andrew" are the troll's natural, proper, and appointed prey?
New nym, old troll?

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!profile/alt.atheism/APn2wQf26fjlBBO7pChqzCbe5UDKawsAf3np4pABQ3qv4soC6KKJE26SPWiib8CJK-lNFsc0tAMO

Wouldn't it traditionally be Sri Atman Deva?

sri atman devi
2018-08-26 21:41:09 UTC
/
Post by Kevrob
A thousand pardons, oh unenlightened one, but is it not written that
mortals such as this "Andrew" are the troll's natural, proper, and appointed prey?
New nym, old troll?
New nym. More harrier than troll.
Post by Kevrob
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!profile/alt.atheism/APn2wQf26fjlBBO7pChqzCbe5UDKawsAf3np4pABQ3qv4soC6KKJE26SPWiib8CJK-lNFsc0tAMO
Wouldn't it traditionally be Sri Atman Deva?
Could well be. I just went by the sound.

Sri
2018-08-27 23:52:26 UTC
{quote}
All subject threads with the letters aa in front of them are
intended for atheists only. If a theist should respond to one
of these threads and an atheist wants to respond to the theist
in return, the atheist should remove the aa to start a new thread.
If the theist wants to remove the aa first, that's okay, too.
I think I'll make some bacon, eggs and a pot of tea, and enjoy
not going to church.
You just brought a smile to satan's face.
You just violated the charter, again. Which is like
saying you took the last donut.
{quote}
All subject threads with the letters aa in front of them are
intended for atheists only.
This is an open discussion.
If a theist should respond to one
of these threads and an atheist wants to respond to the theist
in return, the atheist should remove the aa to start a new thread.
If the theist wants to remove the aa first, that's okay, too.
Even if this wasn't a closed thread, banging on about your
religion's ghod of evil is proselytizing, and also off-charter.
I'm just trying to help you.
Help yourself, troll. None of the a.a atheists, agnostics
and other free thinkers need or want your help, unless it
is as an object lesson of how stupefying belief can be.
Fuck off, Weber.
2018-08-28 07:44:12 UTC
Year and a half ago, and talking to yourself.
Kevrob
2018-08-28 10:53:34 UTC
Post by Andrew
Year and a half ago, and talking to yourself.
I'm not replying to trolls in threads marked "aa,"
per the FAQ and charter, so I posted it here.

Now, just go away from the group, completely. You consistently
violate its charter. Your mumbo-jumbo doesn't exempt you from
netiquette.

[quote]

Whoever will not receive you or listen to your words -
go outside that house or town and shake the dust from your feet.

[/quote] Matt 10:14 - http://www.usccb.org/bible/mt/10

Get shaking.