Why can't God be proven scientifically?
Jahnu
2018-09-17 03:21:41 UTC
Anything that can be known can also be proven. For instance, belief in
God can be certified by knowledge. The idea that God cannot be proven,
that it's entirely a matter of belief, is an idiocy invented by the
Church. The Church has no knowledge of God, and so they are left with
mere faith. They have even taken faith in God and elevated it to some
kind of noble, holy state of being.

But seriously, all it takes to believe in God is logic, reason, and
common sense. Anyone with a functioning intellect can understand that
the world didn't just create itself, one day, out of a bunch of
chemicals.

Since the invention of the electro-microscope, scientists have even
established indisputable proof of intelligent design in a single cell.
So science has proven intelligent design in nature. IOW, science has
proven there is a supreme intelligence behind the creation of nature.
Science has proven God.

However, who God is and why He has created the universe, is not
something that can be proven empirically. That has to be revealed from
God Himself.

If there is a God, which is what all available evidence tell us there
is, it can be factually known. And if God doesn't exist, it cannot be
known for certain. Anyway, there is simply no good reason to assume,
God would not reveal Himself to mankind.

So God reveals Himself in the Bhagavad Gita. Note how God emphasizes
knowledge about Himself, rather than mere faith in Him. I mean,
really, who gives a hoot what you or I believe in? It's what we know
that counts, right?

Krishna says:

Now hear, O son of Prtha, how by practicing yoga in full consciousness
of Me, with mind attached to Me, you can know Me in full, free from
doubt. -Bg. 7.1

I shall now declare unto you in full this knowledge, both phenomenal
and numinous. This being known, nothing further shall remain for you
to know. -Bg. 7.2

Whoever knows Me as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, without
doubting, is the knower of everything. He therefore engages himself in
full devotional service to Me, O son of Bharata. -Bg 15.19

Srila Prabhupada explains:

There are many philosophical speculations about the constitutional
position of the living entities and the Supreme Absolute Truth. Now in
this verse the Supreme Personality of Godhead clearly explains that
anyone who knows Lord Krsna to be the Supreme Person is actually the
knower of everything.

The imperfect knower goes on simply speculating about the Absolute
Truth, but the perfect knower, without wasting his valuable time,
engages directly in Krishna consciousness, the devotional service of
the Supreme Lord. Throughout the whole of Bhagavad-gita, this fact is
being stressed at every step. And still there are so many stubborn
commentators on Bhagavad-gita who consider the Supreme Absolute Truth
and the living entities to be one and the same.

Vedic knowledge is called sruti, learning by aural reception. One
should actually receive the Vedic message from authorities like Krsna
and His representatives. Here Krsna distinguishes everything very
nicely, and one should hear from this source.

Simply to hear like the hogs is not sufficient; one must be able to
understand from the authorities. It is not that one should simply
speculate academically. One should submissively hear from
Bhagavad-gita that these living entities are always subordinate to the
Supreme Personality of Godhead. Anyone who is able to understand this,
according to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Sri Krishna, knows
the purpose of the Vedas; no one else knows the purpose of the Vedas.

The word bhajati is very significant. In many places the word bhajati
is expressed in relationship with the service of the Supreme Lord. If
a person is engaged in full Krsna consciousness, in the devotional
service of the Lord, it is to be understood that he has understood all
the Vedic knowledge.

In the Vaisnava parampara it is said that if one is engaged in the
devotional service of Krsna, then there is no need for any other
spiritual process for understanding the Supreme Absolute Truth. He has
already come to the point, because he is engaged in the devotional
service of the Lord. He has ended all preliminary processes of
understanding.

But if anyone, after speculating for hundreds of thousands of lives,
does not come to the point that Krishna is the Supreme Personality of
Godhead and that one has to surrender there, all his speculation for
so many years and lives is a useless waste of time.

https://www.youtube.com/user/jahnudvip?feature=watch

https://picasaweb.google.com/113672947796865733014/Jahnu

http://www.touchtalent.com//artist/118705/jahnu-das

JWS
2018-09-17 17:49:59 UTC
http://youtu.be/B46rjU_q_cM
No.
Davej
2018-09-17 18:08:35 UTC
Post by Jahnu
Anything that can be known can also be proven.
Step one: Provide some evidence. For example some have claimed
to see a 900ft tall Jesus appear before them, so you would expect
such a large being would leave some pretty significant footprints
behind. Nope. Nothing.
JTEM
2018-09-18 00:07:25 UTC
Does so much as even one atheist really exist?
Post by Davej
Step one: Provide some evidence.
Go on, provide some evidence for the existence of
atheists. If personal testimony is acceptable then
you know theists have long ago provided you with
evidence for the divine.

Past tense.

Put another way: You just defeated yourself. Again.

-- --

http://jtem.tumblr.com/post/178169662883
Davej
2018-09-18 01:19:51 UTC
Post by JTEM
Does so much as even one atheist really exist?
Oh, he thinks this is so clever. So let's go ahead and say there are
no true atheists. Who cares? There are still people who claim to be
atheists. If personal testimony was considered valid evidence then
we would have to accept every crackpot claim ever made. We certainly
do not have to accept anonymous, ancient fables as if they were as
reliable as some well-known TV preacher claiming that a 900 ft tall
Jesus was standing outside his window. Oh my, and we rejected that too.
JTEM
2018-09-18 02:50:06 UTC
Preaching to the converted...
Post by Davej
Oh, he thinks this is so clever. So let's go ahead and say there are
no true atheists. Who cares?
The point, little one, is that nobody is claiming that
atheists are supernatural. Nobody is claiming that
atheists exist outside of Space & time. Nobody is saying
that atheists defy understanding & description in mortal
terms. Yet you don't have so much as one iota of "Evidence"
for the existence of any atheists -- FOLLOWING YOUR VERY
OWN STANDARDS -- then turn around and pretend it's somehow
exceptional that theists can't present any evidence for God,
following your standards.

It's stupid.

I mean, it's incredibly stupid.

Your "Standard" for evidence is to retarded that you can't
establish the existence of a single atheist, yet you think
it a fair test if theists can't employ your standard to
establish evidence for God.

-- --

http://jtem.tumblr.com/post/178169662883
Siri Cruise
2018-09-18 03:35:09 UTC
Post by JTEM
Does so much as even one atheist really exist?
Oh, he thinks this is so clever. So let's go ahead and say there are
no true atheists. Who cares? There are still people who claim to be
atheists. If personal testimony was considered valid evidence then
we would have to accept every crackpot claim ever made. We certainly
do not have to accept anonymous, ancient fables as if they were as
reliable as some well-known TV preacher claiming that a 900 ft tall
Jesus was standing outside his window. Oh my, and we rejected that too.
But we must always accept the claim solipism is false.
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
An almond doesn't lactate. This post / \
Yet another supercilious snowflake for justice. insults Islam. Mohammed
Sn!pe
2018-09-18 07:13:10 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Davej
Post by JTEM
Does so much as even one atheist really exist?
Oh, he thinks this is so clever. So let's go ahead and say there are
no true atheists. Who cares? There are still people who claim to be
atheists. If personal testimony was considered valid evidence then
we would have to accept every crackpot claim ever made. We certainly
do not have to accept anonymous, ancient fables as if they were as
reliable as some well-known TV preacher claiming that a 900 ft tall
Jesus was standing outside his window. Oh my, and we rejected that too.
But we must always accept the claim solipism is false.
I imagine that some may say so, but figments are so unreliable;
at least, I imagine they are.
^Ï^ My pet rock Gordon just is.
Christopher A. Lee
2018-09-18 04:25:13 UTC
Post by JTEM
Does so much as even one atheist really exist?
Oh, he thinks this is so clever. So let's go ahead and say there are
no true atheists. Who cares? There are still people who claim to be
atheists. If personal testimony was considered valid evidence then
we would have to accept every crackpot claim ever made. We certainly
do not have to accept anonymous, ancient fables as if they were as
reliable as some well-known TV preacher claiming that a 900 ft tall
Jesus was standing outside his window. Oh my, and we rejected that too.
It's a standard, transparent, theist dishonesty - they demand evidence
that would convince a solipsist of the ordinary and mundane when we
demand they put up or shut up after wiping their imaginary magical
superbeing in our faces.
duke
2018-09-17 21:04:24 UTC
Post by Jahnu
Anything that can be known can also be proven.
God is neither matter nor energy, the only two things that can themselves be
detected..

The Purpose of the NT Word of God is not to inform as it did in
the OT,but instead to form us in the very image of Jesus Christ.
*****
Jahnu
2018-09-18 00:18:07 UTC
God is neither matter nor energy, the only two things that can themselves be
detected..
hahaha :) As if you had any idea of who or what God is. How could you?
Your piss-ant Hebrew religion has nothing to of value offer, it has no
info on God whatsoever.

A meat-eating demon like you, who supports an industry of pure evil,
is hardly qualified to teach anyone about God. Good grief, is all I
can say.

"The religion and philosophy of the Hebrews are those of a wilder and
ruder tribe, wanting the civility and intellectual refinements and
subtlety of Vedic culture." - Henry David Thoreau

Krishna says:

The whole cosmic order is under Me. Under My will it is automatically
manifested again and again, and under My will it is annihilated at the
end.— Bg 9.8

This material nature, which is one of My energies, is working under My
direction, O son of Kunti, producing all moving and nonmoving beings.
Under its rule this manifestation is created and annihilated again and
again. (Bg 9.10)

Fools deride Me when I descend in the human form. They do not know My
transcendental nature as the Supreme Lord of all that be. (Bg 9.11)

Those who are thus bewildered are attracted by demonic and atheistic
views. In that deluded condition, their hopes for liberation, their
fruitive activities, and their culture of knowledge are all defeated.
(Bg 9.12 )

O son of Pritha, those who are not deluded, the great souls, are under
the protection of the divine nature. They are fully engaged in
devotional service because they know Me as the Supreme Personality of
Godhead, original and inexhaustible.— Bg 9.13

Always chanting My glories, endeavoring with great determination,
bowing down before Me, these great souls perpetually worship Me with
devotion. (Bg 9.14)

http://youtu.be/B46rjU_q_cM
Street
2018-09-18 00:32:58 UTC
Post by Jahnu
Post by duke
God is neither matter nor energy, the only two things that can themselves be
detected..
hahaha :) As if you had any idea of who or what God is. How could you?
Your piss-ant Hebrew religion has nothing to of value offer, it has no
info on God whatsoever.
A meat-eating demon like you, who supports an industry of pure evil,
is hardly qualified to teach anyone about God.
That is a valid point. Those of us who support factory farming are
complicit in its hideous evil.

But that isn't what you mean, I know. Because you're still a stupid lying
asshole.
Cloud Hobbit
2018-09-17 22:47:24 UTC
Post by Jahnu
[...]
Science is the study of reality, not mythology.
Since there is nothing to study since God is a myuth, why bother?
Bob
2018-09-17 23:39:52 UTC
Since there is nothing to study since God is a myuth, why bother?
Since you have no proof for your assertion, it's just your opinion.

You're welcome.

<smirk>
Cloud Hobbit
2018-09-18 00:34:57 UTC
Since there is nothing to study since God is a myuth, why bother?
Since you have no proof for your assertion, it's just your opinion.

You're welcome.

<smirk>
______________

Then prove me wrong.

<smirk>
Bob
2018-09-18 02:40:23 UTC
Post by Bob
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Since there is nothing to study since God is a myuth, why bother?
Since you have no proof for your assertion, it's just your opinion.
You're welcome.
<smirk>
______________
Then prove me wrong.
Everyone knows that's the coward's way of admitting that he knows he has
no proof for his assertions.

Your concession of defeat has been accepted.

God will prove you are wrong when He is ready.

<smirk>

I love being a winner.

<...stretch...>
Cloud Hobbit
2018-09-18 03:27:31 UTC
Post by Bob
Since there is nothing to study since God is a myth, why bother?
Since you have no proof for your assertion, it's just your opinion.
You're welcome.
<smirk>
______________
Then prove me wrong.
Everyone knows that's the coward's way of admitting that he knows he has
no proof for his assertions.
______________________

Evasion noted. Evwrone knows you can not prove God and that you have nothing.
_____________________
Your concession of defeat has been accepted.
________________

I made no concession. You did when you ran away from proving me wrong. If you could you would have. It's obvious to everyone because it's what you always do.
_________________

God will prove you are wrong when He is ready.

<smirk>
__________________
That would be the God you cannot prove exists.

I love being a winner.

<...stretch...>

What have you won? Is there an award for being such a coward?
What do you win for your failure to prove your God exists?

You still have nothing.
Bob
2018-09-18 04:45:36 UTC
Post by Bob
Everyone knows that's the coward's way of admitting that he knows he has
no proof for his assertions.
Your concession of defeat has been accepted.
If you really knew what you are pretending to know, you would already be
aware of why the thread that I started is named "God does not want His
existence to be verifiable". What do you think that could possibly mean?

You would also be aware that for the last four or five years in my posts
here I've been saying that "Only God can prove that He exists, and He
only proves He exists to His chosen elect." If you missed that, then
that's your problem, not mine. You idiot.

I cannot prove that God exists. Only God can do that. If I could then
churches around the world would be packed full of people every day of
the week, not just on Sundays. And there would be churches being built
on every street corner in every country.

But you cannot prove that God does not exist. So your assertion that God
is a myth has been proven to be a lie, making you a liar.

See how that works, liar?

You're welcome.

<smirk>

I love being a winner.

<...stretch...>
Jahnu
2018-09-18 00:49:55 UTC
On Mon, 17 Sep 2018 15:47:24 -0700 (PDT), Cloud Hobbit
Post by Cloud Hobbit
Science is the study of reality, not mythology.
Since there is nothing to study since God is a myuth, why bother?
Yes, why bother with science? You certainly don't. You are totally
locked up in the piss-ant culture that produces a mindless, braindead
population. If you haven't seen it on TV or read it in newspapers youo
are in dep shit.

As long as one identifies with his body and its culture there will be
suffering or enjoyment depending on how one acts and treats other
living entities. It does not matter what you believe in, whether you
are an atheist or a theist, karma will act regardless and nature will
punish or reward you according to your activities. We all agree that
nature’s laws, like gravity, will act regardless of your faith and
beliefs.

Similarly, karma is a subtle law of nature that acts, relentlessly,
like any other natural law.

God does offer a process, though, that can deliver a person from all
suffering and replace it with absolute happiness, the natural
happiness of the soul. This is done by the method of developing
knowledge of God and learning how to love Him.

Krishna says:

My dear Arjuna, because you are never envious of Me, I shall impart to
you this most confidential knowledge and realization, knowing which
you shall be relieved of the miseries of material existence. (Bg. 9.1)

This knowledge is the king of education, the most secret of all
secrets. It is the purest knowledge, and because it gives direct
perception of the self by realization, it is the perfection of
religion. It is everlasting, and it is joyfully performed. (Bg. 9.2)

But very few people know or are even interested to know God. Most
people are satisfied with some belief and wishful thinking about God.

It’s a curious thing, when it comes to technology and science, people
are willing to study it to learn how it works, but when it comes to
religion, the metaphysical and spiritual aspects of life, all of the
sudden people forget the scientific approach, and just accept either
their own preconceived notions or some passed on faith as factual.

Real religion is a science that can be tried and tested like any other
science.

But very few people are ready to get scientific about religion. Very
few people want to actually know God. That’s predicted in the Puranas.

King Pariksit says:

In this material world there are as many living entities as atoms.
Among these living entities, a very few are human beings, and among
them, few are interested in following religious principles.

O best of the brahmanas, Sukadeva Gosvami, out of many persons who
follow religious principles, only a few desire liberation from the
material world. Among many thousands who desire liberation, one may
actually achieve liberation, giving up material attachment to society,
friendship, love, country, home, wife and children. And among many
thousands of such liberated persons, one who can understand the true
meaning of liberation is very rare.

O great sage, among many millions who are liberated and perfect in
knowledge of liberation, one may be a devotee of Lord Narayana, or
Krsna. Such devotees, who are fully peaceful, are extremely
rare.—Srimad Bhagavatam 6.14.3-5

http://youtu.be/B46rjU_q_cM
G-D
2018-09-18 05:35:34 UTC
On Monday, September 17, 2018 at 3:11:08
Three Laws of Denke (1888)
https://imgflip.com/i/2i53ak
Whilhelm Frederick Denke
Gravitation = c^5 / Power