Limited Atonement - 10
b***@gmail.com
2020-05-22 14:20:49 UTC
Limited Atonement
by Brian Schwertley

The idea that God surrendered His sovereignty to man's will is clearly
unscriptural. There are so many passages in Scripture which show God working
directly upon man's heart and will to achieve His own ends that it is
astonishing that anyone who believes in the authority of Scripture could deny
it. Most evangelicals and fundamentalists, in their attempt to protect their
unbiblical concept of free will, have dethroned God. God is helpless, waiting
to see what finite, sinful mortals will do. The Most-High is stripped of His
omnipotence. Pink writes: "The God of the twentieth century is a helpless,
effeminate being who commands the respect of no really thoughtful man. The
God of the popular mind is the creation of a maudlin sentimentality. The God
of many a present-day pulpit is an object of pity rather than of
awe-inspiring reverence. To say that God the Father has purposed the
salvation of all mankind, that God the Son died and that God the Holy Spirit
is now seeking to win the world to Christ; when as a matter of common
observation, it is apparent that the great majority of our fellow-men are
dying in sin, and passing into a hopeless eternity: is to say that God the
Father is disappointed, that God the Son is dissatisfied, and that God the
Holy Spirit is defeated."

.
LinuxGal
2020-05-22 14:55:31 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
The idea that God surrendered His sovereignty to man's will is clearly
unscriptural.
1SA.15:11 - It repenteth me that I have set up Saul to be
king, for he is turned back from following me, and hath not
performed my commandments. And it grieved Samuel; and he
cried unto the LORD all night.
--
Linux Geeks: Smart. Single. Sexy.
Well, two out of three ain't bad!

https://twitter.com/LinuxGal
John Ritson
2020-05-23 10:56:11 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Limited Atonement
by Brian Schwertley
The idea that God surrendered His sovereignty to man's will is clearly
unscriptural.
Oh no it isn't.

Amos 7 1-6
"Thus hath the Lord GOD shewed unto me; and, behold, he formed
grasshoppers in the beginning of the shooting up of the latter growth;
and, lo, it was the latter growth after the king's mowings.

2 And it came to pass, that when they had made an end of eating the
grass of the land, then I said, O Lord GOD, forgive, I beseech thee: by
whom shall Jacob arise? for he is small.

4 Thus hath the Lord GOD shewed unto me: and, behold, the Lord GOD
called to contend by fire, and it devoured the great deep, and did eat
up a part.
5 Then said I, O Lord GOD, cease, I beseech thee: by whom shall Jacob
arise? for he is small.
6 The LORD repented for this: This also shall not be, saith the Lord
GOD.
Post by b***@gmail.com
There are so many passages in Scripture which show God working
directly upon man's heart and will to achieve His own ends that it is
astonishing that anyone who believes in the authority of Scripture could deny
it. Most evangelicals and fundamentalists, in their attempt to protect their
unbiblical concept of free will, have dethroned God. God is helpless, waiting
to see what finite, sinful mortals will do. The Most-High is stripped of His
omnipotence. Pink writes
Now he quotes that dimwit, former Theosophist Arthur W Pink.
https://www.avg.com