Has the Roman Catholic Church Changed Since the 16th Century?
2020-07-10 04:35:59 UTC
Has the Roman Catholic Church Changed Since the 16th Century?

.
Africa-Has-No-Other-Boss-But-Jesus
2020-07-10 06:51:25 UTC
Has the Jefferson Bible and its Anti-Christ tone inspired the First Amendement?
Cloud Hobbit
2020-07-10 20:56:32 UTC
Post by Africa-Has-No-Other-Boss-But-Jesus
Has the Jefferson Bible and its Anti-Christ tone inspired the First Amendement?
What anti-Christ tone?

The 1st amendment grants all religions the right to exist without interference from government so long as those religions do not violate anyone else's rights.

Not the same as picking some branch of Christianity and declaring it to be the official religion of the US, but then there would be no freedom If religion or the right to be free FROM religion.

What's wrong with allowing freedom of religion so that no religious belief is disallowed or endorsed?
None of them can be demonstrated to be true.

None of them is worth more than another.

The Founding Fathers wanted to make sure what had happened in their native countries did not happen here. So far, it has worked well. It's ok to believe in the nonsense of Christianity or the nonsense of Islam or Hinduism.

That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
Christopher Hitchens
Africa-Has-No-Other-Boss-But-Jesus
2020-07-11 06:28:07 UTC
All religions? No, Sir! Christ said nothing about religions. He set the Covenant in motion for nations to ratify His Law.
Now, O vile and Senile Clown, it is Christ Covenant versus the American Law...
Now get lost stoopid!
Cloud Hobbit
2020-07-11 20:54:43 UTC
Post by Africa-Has-No-Other-Boss-But-Jesus
All religions? No, Sir! Christ said nothing about religions. He set the Covenant in motion for nations to ratify His Law.
Now, O vile and Senile Clown, it is Christ Covenant versus the American Law...
Now get lost stoopid!
Jesus didn't write the Constitution.

The first amendment allows freedom of religion, all religions.

The covenant is just more of Christianity's bullshit.

Thankfully, it not the law of the land.
They Lean On Founding Fathers' Misunderstanding
2020-07-12 20:49:10 UTC
Jesus didn't write the Constitution, Clown Tobbih said..
Why would he? He set the Covenant up for nations to ratify His Law starting with the Ten Commandments.
If the Constitution tries to subvert that Covenant, then the Constitution is in error.
Basic logic unless you don't know what'is meant by Covenant...
Cloud Hobbit
2020-07-12 21:16:52 UTC
Fathers' Misunderstanding
Jesus didn't write the Constitution, Clown Tobbih said..
Why would he? He set the >Covenant up for nations to >ratify His Law starting with >the Ten Commandments.
In your opinion. What is your evidence for God?
If the Constitution tries to >subvert that Covenant, then >the Constitution is in error.
In your opinion. The Constitution has contained errors, but we try to get rid of them when we recognize them. God apparently doesn't or else he doesn't care. To try and create a system that works we keep our eyes open and change what needs to be changed.
Basic logic unless you don't know what'is meant by >Covenant...
Basic logic, if you intend to claim God made a covenant you must demonstrate the existence of God.

Nothing else matters until you do.

Any claim related to God is irrelevant if you can't demonstrate that go's exists.
They Lean On Founding Fathers' Misunderstanding
2020-07-12 20:55:19 UTC
The Covenant is not bullshit, O vile and senile Old Clown!
The Covenant works just like any other treaty.
Oh, and Christianity is not a religion. It's a political theorie which makes the Sovereign responsible for ratifying Law into a shadow of the Heavenly Christ on earth...
Cloud Hobbit
2020-07-12 21:17:46 UTC
God not go's.
LinuxGal
2020-07-10 12:37:45 UTC
Post by Bob
Has the Roman Catholic Church Changed Since the 16th Century?
Yeah, anyone who eats hot dogs on Lenten Fridays no longer
goes to hell, just Purgatory. But this doesn't apply to the
thousands of hot dog eaters already in hell. For them its
too late.
--
Linux Geeks: Smart. Single. Sexy.
Well, two out of three ain't bad!

https://twitter.com/LinuxGal
Miloch
2020-07-10 15:05:21 UTC
In article <***@teresita-Latitude-D630>,
LinuxGal says...
Post by LinuxGal
Post by Bob
Has the Roman Catholic Church Changed Since the 16th Century?
Yeah, anyone who eats hot dogs on Lenten Fridays no longer
goes to hell, just Purgatory. But this doesn't apply to the
thousands of hot dog eaters already in hell. For them its
too late.
Does Joey Chestnut, who ate 75 hot dogs in the 2020 contest, know this...or is
he an atheist too?

Shit...you have to be ever vigilant these days!

*
d***@cox.net
2020-07-10 17:39:43 UTC
Post by Bob
Has the Roman Catholic Church Changed Since the 16th Century?
http://youtu.be/iwjhz3mAZnw
You tulips follow calvin. We Catholics follow Jesus Christ.

Mary will be your downfall.
2020-07-10 18:43:22 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Bob
Has the Roman Catholic Church Changed Since the 16th Century?
http://youtu.be/iwjhz3mAZnw
You tulips follow calvin.
You make lots of claims. But you've never once backed any of them
up with proof.

That's how I know you're a liar.

And the video at

proves you are a liar.
d***@cox.net
2020-07-13 23:15:50 UTC
Post by Bob
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Bob
Has the Roman Catholic Church Changed Since the 16th Century?
http://youtu.be/iwjhz3mAZnw
You tulips follow calvin.
You make lots of claims. But you've never once backed any of them
up with proof.
And I'm still laughing at your films. Classic DDuck.
Post by Bob
That's how I know you're a liar.
That's how I know I got you.
the dukester, American-American
Michael Cole
2020-07-10 19:10:01 UTC
No you don't. You worship Satan and practice idolatry and Mariolatry and all kinds of other heretical perversions and are therefore hellbound. I know that cause some Protestants told me so.
Harry Krishna
2020-07-10 19:04:07 UTC
Post by Bob
Has the Roman Catholic Church Changed Since the 16th Century?
Yes: they no longer have the power to burn your heretical ass at the
stake.
Viktor Tandofsky
2020-07-10 19:05:36 UTC
Post by Bob
Has the Roman Catholic Church Changed Since the 16th Century?
http://youtu.be/iwjhz3mAZnw
Yes. See Nostra Aetate, from 1965.
.
d***@cox.net
2020-07-13 23:15:00 UTC
Post by Bob
Has the Roman Catholic Church Changed Since the 16th Century?
http://youtu.be/iwjhz3mAZnw
Now this guy is a true jerk. Standard anti-Chrisitianity crap by a tulip.

The infallibility of the pope dated back to Jesus. THis jerk is nuts.

But I'm not going to do anything but make fun of tulips if all I get is some
jackleg tulip on a film..
Post by Bob
.
the dukester, American-American
Viktor Tandofsky
2020-07-14 06:50:15 UTC
Post by Bob
Has the Roman Catholic Church Changed Since the 16th Century?
http://youtu.be/iwjhz3mAZnw
YES. This was issued in 1965

http://w2.vatican.va/archive/hist_councils/ii_vatican_council/documents/vat-ii_decl_19651028_nostra-aetate_en.html
.
Bob
2020-07-14 08:47:06 UTC
Post by Viktor Tandofsky
Post by Bob
Has the Roman Catholic Church Changed Since the 16th Century?
http://youtu.be/iwjhz3mAZnw
YES. This was issued in 1965
http://w2.vatican.va/archive/hist_councils/ii_vatican_council/documents/vat-ii_decl_19651028_nostra-aetate_en.html
But can you show any visible proof that there has been any change
internally in the primary doctrines taught by the Roman Catholic Church?

Former Roman Catholic James G. McCarthy calls Vatican II the Roman
Catholic Church "putting on a new face", the way women put on makeup.

.