Banned at Catholic Mass due to coronavirus
2020-03-08 18:38:06 UTC
1. Hymnals
2. Shaking hands
3. Placing communion wafer on the tongue
4. Holy water fonts

Not banned at Catholic Mass due to coronavirus:

1. Passing the collection plate around the entire
congregation.

Natch.
--
I have spoken.

https://twitter.com/LinuxGal
Patrick B
2020-03-08 21:51:54 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
1. Hymnals
2. Shaking hands
3. Placing communion wafer on the tongue
4. Holy water fonts
1. Passing the collection plate around the entire
congregation.
Natch.
Actually, they did talk about this today.
Because of the coronavirus, they did not offer the wine cup.
And they said that shaking hands was not advised. Just a bow or an
elbow bump.
LinuxGal
2020-03-08 22:16:48 UTC
Post by Patrick B
Post by LinuxGal
1. Hymnals
2. Shaking hands
3. Placing communion wafer on the tongue
4. Holy water fonts
1. Passing the collection plate around the entire
congregation.
Natch.
Actually, they did talk about this today.
Because of the coronavirus, they did not offer the wine cup.
And they said that shaking hands was not advised. Just a bow or an
elbow bump.
It was the perfect opportunity to whip up one of these:

I have spoken.

There is always the Xtian side-hug.
%
no there isn't
d***@cox.net
2020-03-10 00:29:03 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by JWS
There is always the Xtian side-hug.
What is a Xtian?
A Christer.
--
I have spoken.

https://twitter.com/LinuxGal
d***@cox.net
2020-03-10 22:42:14 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by JWS
There is always the Xtian side-hug.
What is a Xtian?
A Christer.
No. X = Christ. So what is a Christtian.
the dukester, American-American
d***@cox.net
2020-03-09 23:05:48 UTC
Post by Patrick B
Post by LinuxGal
1. Hymnals
2. Shaking hands
3. Placing communion wafer on the tongue
4. Holy water fonts
1. Passing the collection plate around the entire
congregation.
Natch.
Actually, they did talk about this today.
Because of the coronavirus, they did not offer the wine cup.
And they said that shaking hands was not advised. Just a bow or an
elbow bump.
Already going nationwide.
the dukester, American-American
d***@cox.net
2020-03-09 12:13:55 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
1. Hymnals
Wrong.
Post by LinuxGal
2. Shaking hands
Best not to touch.
Post by LinuxGal
3. Placing communion wafer on the tongue
Place Eucharist in hand.
Post by LinuxGal
4. Holy water fonts
Baptismal font still in operation.
Post by LinuxGal
1. Passing the collection plate around the entire
congregation.
Yep, the world's needy need help. Virus doesn't stick to money.
Post by LinuxGal
Natch.
the dukester, American-American
Robert Carnegie
2020-03-21 21:21:37 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by LinuxGal
1. Hymnals
Wrong.
Post by LinuxGal
2. Shaking hands
Best not to touch.
Post by LinuxGal
1. Passing the collection plate around the entire
congregation.
Yep, the world's needy need help. Virus doesn't stick to money.
I prefer to ignore you, but that isn't true.
Not of coins, or plastic banknotes, or paper notes,
or gigantic money discs from Yap Island.
d***@cox.net
2020-03-22 18:15:07 UTC
On Sat, 21 Mar 2020 14:21:37 -0700 (PDT), Robert Carnegie
Post by Robert Carnegie
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by LinuxGal
1. Hymnals
Wrong.
Post by LinuxGal
2. Shaking hands
Best not to touch.
Post by LinuxGal
1. Passing the collection plate around the entire
congregation.
Yep, the world's needy need help. Virus doesn't stick to money.
I prefer to ignore you, but that isn't true.
Not of coins, or plastic banknotes, or paper notes,
or gigantic money discs from Yap Island.
You just showed your ass re money.

I direct my bank via the internet to issue a payment to a creditor. My bank
then electrically transfers the money to the account of my creditor who then
pays his bills electronically.

See, all that activity and not a dime moves. Round and round she goes.
Literally billions are circulating and not a dime changes hands.
the dukester, American-American
Oko tillo
2020-03-22 20:58:10 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
On Sat, 21 Mar 2020 14:21:37 -0700 (PDT), Robert Carnegie
Post by Robert Carnegie
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by LinuxGal
1. Hymnals
Wrong.
Post by LinuxGal
2. Shaking hands
Best not to touch.
Post by LinuxGal
1. Passing the collection plate around the entire
congregation.
Yep, the world's needy need help. Virus doesn't stick to money.
I prefer to ignore you, but that isn't true.
Not of coins, or plastic banknotes, or paper notes,
or gigantic money discs from Yap Island.
You just showed your ass re money.
I direct my bank via the internet to issue a payment to a creditor. My bank
then electrically transfers the money to the account of my creditor who then
pays his bills electronically.
See, all that activity and not a dime moves. Round and round she goes.
Literally billions are circulating and not a dime changes hands.
The topic was the danger of passing the collection plate in church, not your private finances.

Unless all your parishioners are sitting there with their cell phones transferring
funds to your church, then Robert's point is not only correct, it's very important
to the health of your fellow congregants.

Oko
d***@cox.net
2020-03-24 17:38:20 UTC
Post by Oko tillo
Post by d***@cox.net
On Sat, 21 Mar 2020 14:21:37 -0700 (PDT), Robert Carnegie
Post by Robert Carnegie
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by LinuxGal
1. Hymnals
Wrong.
Post by LinuxGal
2. Shaking hands
Best not to touch.
Post by LinuxGal
1. Passing the collection plate around the entire
congregation.
Yep, the world's needy need help. Virus doesn't stick to money.
I prefer to ignore you, but that isn't true.
Not of coins, or plastic banknotes, or paper notes,
or gigantic money discs from Yap Island.
You just showed your ass re money.
I direct my bank via the internet to issue a payment to a creditor. My bank
then electrically transfers the money to the account of my creditor who then
pays his bills electronically.
See, all that activity and not a dime moves. Round and round she goes.
Literally billions are circulating and not a dime changes hands.
The topic was the danger of passing the collection plate in church, not your private finances.
That covered by using electronic transfer. The churches are locked down - no
basket passing.
Post by Oko tillo
Unless all your parishioners are sitting there with their cell phones transferring
funds to your church, then Robert's point is not only correct, it's very important
to the health of your fellow congregants.
He's a lousy prot. A one time donation a year does the job. You idiot. I
myself use one donation a month. Easy.

That comment alone shows what a lousy church person you are.
Post by Oko tillo
Oko
Syd M.
2020-03-24 20:23:45 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
On Sat, 21 Mar 2020 14:21:37 -0700 (PDT), Robert Carnegie
Post by Robert Carnegie
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by LinuxGal
1. Hymnals
Wrong.
Post by LinuxGal
2. Shaking hands
Best not to touch.
Post by LinuxGal
1. Passing the collection plate around the entire
congregation.
Yep, the world's needy need help. Virus doesn't stick to money.
I prefer to ignore you, but that isn't true.
Not of coins, or plastic banknotes, or paper notes,
or gigantic money discs from Yap Island.
You just showed your ass
The only one showing their ass is YOU, Dork.

PDW
d***@cox.net
2020-03-25 22:12:52 UTC
Post by Syd M.
Post by d***@cox.net
On Sat, 21 Mar 2020 14:21:37 -0700 (PDT), Robert Carnegie
Post by Robert Carnegie
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by LinuxGal
1. Hymnals
Wrong.
Post by LinuxGal
2. Shaking hands
Best not to touch.
Post by LinuxGal
1. Passing the collection plate around the entire
congregation.
Yep, the world's needy need help. Virus doesn't stick to money.
I prefer to ignore you, but that isn't true.
Not of coins, or plastic banknotes, or paper notes,
or gigantic money discs from Yap Island.
You just showed your ass
The only one showing their ass is YOU, Dork.
Why didn't you know about internet banking?
the dukester, American-American
Robert Carnegie
2020-03-25 22:32:01 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Syd M.
Post by d***@cox.net
On Sat, 21 Mar 2020 14:21:37 -0700 (PDT), Robert Carnegie
Post by Robert Carnegie
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by LinuxGal
1. Hymnals
Wrong.
Post by LinuxGal
2. Shaking hands
Best not to touch.
Post by LinuxGal
1. Passing the collection plate around the entire
congregation.
Yep, the world's needy need help. Virus doesn't stick to money.
I prefer to ignore you, but that isn't true.
Not of coins, or plastic banknotes, or paper notes,
or gigantic money discs from Yap Island.
You just showed your ass
The only one showing their ass is YOU, Dork.
Why didn't you know about internet banking?
the dukester, American-American
What we were discussing is the religious act of
"Passing the collection plate around the entire
congregation". You indicated that this was not
controversial. And of course the plate is handled.
It doesn't have a QR Code printed on it.... probably?
d***@cox.net
2020-03-27 17:29:59 UTC
On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 15:32:01 -0700 (PDT), Robert Carnegie
Post by Robert Carnegie
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Syd M.
Post by d***@cox.net
On Sat, 21 Mar 2020 14:21:37 -0700 (PDT), Robert Carnegie
Post by Robert Carnegie
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by LinuxGal
1. Hymnals
Wrong.
Post by LinuxGal
2. Shaking hands
Best not to touch.
Post by LinuxGal
1. Passing the collection plate around the entire
congregation.
Yep, the world's needy need help. Virus doesn't stick to money.
I prefer to ignore you, but that isn't true.
Not of coins, or plastic banknotes, or paper notes,
or gigantic money discs from Yap Island.
You just showed your ass
The only one showing their ass is YOU, Dork.
Why didn't you know about internet banking?
the dukester, American-American
What we were discussing is the religious act of
"Passing the collection plate around the entire
congregation".
Exactly, as a potential danger of getting the cv19, The author of that comment
reflected zero knowledge of donating via the internet. It's not necessary to
pass a basket. People can even donate into a stationary basket when you enter
or leave the church...
Post by Robert Carnegie
You indicated that this was not
controversial. And of course the plate is handled.
It doesn't have a QR Code printed on it.... probably?
I'm not sure I know what you're crying about.
the dukester, American-American
Syd M.
2020-03-25 22:44:44 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Syd M.
Post by d***@cox.net
On Sat, 21 Mar 2020 14:21:37 -0700 (PDT), Robert Carnegie
Post by Robert Carnegie
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by LinuxGal
1. Hymnals
Wrong.
Post by LinuxGal
2. Shaking hands
Best not to touch.
Post by LinuxGal
1. Passing the collection plate around the entire
congregation.
Yep, the world's needy need help. Virus doesn't stick to money.
I prefer to ignore you, but that isn't true.
Not of coins, or plastic banknotes, or paper notes,
or gigantic money discs from Yap Island.
You just showed your ass
The only one showing their ass is YOU, Dork.
Why didn't you know about internet banking?
the dukester, American-American
I know more then you know, Dork.

PDW
d***@cox.net
2020-03-28 18:21:59 UTC
Post by Syd M.
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Syd M.
Post by d***@cox.net
On Sat, 21 Mar 2020 14:21:37 -0700 (PDT), Robert Carnegie
Post by Robert Carnegie
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by LinuxGal
1. Hymnals
Wrong.
Post by LinuxGal
2. Shaking hands
Best not to touch.
Post by LinuxGal
1. Passing the collection plate around the entire
congregation.
Yep, the world's needy need help. Virus doesn't stick to money.
I prefer to ignore you, but that isn't true.
Not of coins, or plastic banknotes, or paper notes,
or gigantic money discs from Yap Island.
You just showed your ass
The only one showing their ass is YOU, Dork.
Why didn't you know about internet banking?
the dukester, American-American
I know more then you know, Dork.
PDW
Ah, a Petty Drunk Woman thinks she's smart.

2020-03-26 17:13:15 UTC
On Tue, 24 Mar 2020 13:23:45 -0700 (PDT), "Syd M."
Post by Syd M.
Post by d***@cox.net
On Sat, 21 Mar 2020 14:21:37 -0700 (PDT), Robert Carnegie
Post by Robert Carnegie
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by LinuxGal
1. Hymnals
Wrong.
Post by LinuxGal
2. Shaking hands
Best not to touch.
Post by LinuxGal
1. Passing the collection plate around the entire
congregation.
Yep, the world's needy need help. Virus doesn't stick to money.
I prefer to ignore you, but that isn't true.
Not of coins, or plastic banknotes, or paper notes,
or gigantic money discs from Yap Island.
You just showed your ass
The only one showing their ass is YOU, Dork.
..well hell, that'd clear out a crowd. I think we've found a way
to disperse those infectious church gatherings !

"The hands that help are better far than
lips that pray" - Robert Green Ingersoll

"Nothing could be more idiotic and absurd
than the doctrine of the trinity" - Robert Green Ingersoll

"Fear paints pictures of ghosts and hangs them in the
gallery of ignorance" - Robert Green Ingersoll
Syd M.
2020-03-27 18:19:23 UTC
Post by Syd M.
Post by d***@cox.net
On Sat, 21 Mar 2020 14:21:37 -0700 (PDT), Robert Carnegie
Post by Robert Carnegie
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by LinuxGal
1. Hymnals
Wrong.
Post by LinuxGal
2. Shaking hands
Best not to touch.
Post by LinuxGal
1. Passing the collection plate around the entire
congregation.
Yep, the world's needy need help. Virus doesn't stick to money.
I prefer to ignore you, but that isn't true.
Not of coins, or plastic banknotes, or paper notes,
or gigantic money discs from Yap Island.
You just showed your ass
The only one showing their ass is YOU, Dork.
..well hell, that'd clear out a crowd. I think we've found a way
to disperse those infectious church gatherings !
Good point.

PDW
Yap Honghor
2020-03-22 09:41:26 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by LinuxGal
1. Hymnals
Wrong.
Post by LinuxGal
2. Shaking hands
Best not to touch.
Post by LinuxGal
1. Passing the collection plate around the entire
congregation.
Yep, the world's needy need help. Virus doesn't stick to money.
I am sure if it is from your pixie, it is intended for the believing fools....and it will stick to you better!!!!!
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by LinuxGal
Natch.
the dukester, American-American
d***@cox.net
2020-03-22 18:15:43 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by LinuxGal
1. Hymnals
Wrong.
Post by LinuxGal
2. Shaking hands
Best not to touch.
Post by LinuxGal
1. Passing the collection plate around the entire
congregation.
Yep, the world's needy need help. Virus doesn't stick to money.
I am sure if it is from your pixie, it is intended for the believing fools....and it will stick to you better!!!!!
Yap, go play with yourself.
the dukester, American-American
d***@cox.net
2020-03-09 23:04:59 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
1. Hymnals
2. Shaking hands
3. Placing communion wafer on the tongue
4. Holy water fonts
1. Passing the collection plate around the entire
congregation.
Natch.
When I was a kid, the church I attended used baskets
with long handles, wielded by a team of ushers.
https://www.prospecthillco.com/shop/round-collection-basket-with-long-handle/
The "envelope system" was preferred. Put the weekly contribution,
check or cash, in the envelope, and drop it in the basket. Others
dropped cash in, unmarked, but visible.
Nowadays, I'd expect a technically apt congregation to have autopay
available using anything from direct debit or other EFT to apps
like Paypal's Venmo. None of that filthy, germ-saturated lucre need
change hands.
Not new. And not a problem if not done.
Josh kicking over the WiFi router in the temple would not have
been as dramatic an image, though.