Dresden - The Worst War Crime Of WWII [URL]
jdyoung
2019-02-14 04:13:12 UTC
https://thegreateststorynevertold.tv/dresden-the-worst-war-crime/

J Young
***@ymail.com
ed wolf
2019-02-14 05:13:40 UTC
2019-02-14 05:43:19 UTC
Post by jdyoung
https://thegreateststorynevertold.tv/dresden-the-worst-war-crime/
J Young
Really? How about the bombing of the following by Hitler's Nazis:

London
Amsterdam
Rotterdam
Warsaw
Ted
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
Post by jdyoung
https://thegreateststorynevertold.tv/dresden-the-worst-war-crime/
J Young
London
Amsterdam
Rotterdam
Warsaw
Dresden was payback for Coventry and Rotterdam. Although most of its
victims had nothing to do with either.
Cloud Hobbit
2019-02-14 08:05:00 UTC
Dresden was payback for Coventry and Rotterdam. Although most of its
victims had nothing to do with either.

I feel sorry for all innocent victims but Dresden pales in comparison to the holocaust.

This Nazi asshole has been trying to sell this unmitigated HORSESHIT for years and nobody's buying it.

Our resident Nazi wants to ignore any mention of the war crime against Jews during WW2 courtesy of Adolf Hitler. I know, he's probably got a binder from the mere mention of his hero.
The facts still remain, Dresden is a sad event but does not compare in the slightest to the genocide attempt by the Nazis.

How many people died at Dresden?
Compare that with the hundreds of thousands killed in Auschwitz alone.

Senseless slaughter for a stupid idea, on the orders of a maniac.

jdyoung is a lying, propaganda spewing, Nazi loving, asshole who cannot seem to tell the truth.

The world would be a better place without him in it.
Ted
If he's serious.
m***@gmail.com
He's always serious, plus he wants attention. He's a sad, sick old man.
Christopher A. Lee
2019-02-14 17:06:43 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
[...]
Even if he weren't serious, why would he want to show himself as a
bigoted nazi sympathiser?
v***@gmail.com
2019-02-15 00:39:59 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
[...]
I may not agree with everything he says, but he makes sense lots of times and you NEVER DO.
He's not a chronic liar like you are.
hleopold
2019-02-15 05:06:31 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
[...]
Uuumm, possibly because he is a bigoted nazi?
--
Harry F. Leopold
aa #2076

“The universe is bigger than me. It doesn't care about me. That's fine -
because I care about me. I'd like to continue to do the things I do, and to
do other things as well. So these things will eventually end. It still
matters to me that they happen. The realization that life belongs to me, and
not to some god or some minister, and that I could decide what to make of it
- that was a truly liberating moment for me.“-Eyelessgame
Christopher A. Lee
He must be proud of it.
jdyoung
2019-02-15 23:44:15 UTC
On Fri, 15 Feb 2019 08:20:06 -0600, Christopher A. Lee
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by hleopold
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by m***@gmail.com
[...]
Says the anti-semite Lee; the one who relentlessly attacks 'Joe
Bruno', the only openly Jewish person posting to alt.atheism. Why do
attack and insult him, no matter what the discussion is? It can't be
anything else but Judenhass.

J Young
***@ymail.com
Kevrob
2019-02-16 00:13:43 UTC
Post by jdyoung
Says the anti-semite Lee; the one who relentlessly attacks 'Joe
Bruno', the only openly Jewish person posting to alt.atheism. Why do
attack and insult him, no matter what the discussion is? It can't be
anything else but Judenhass.
Art Tandy is a troll who reports to us that he is Jewish.
I hold the Christian and Hindu trolls in equal low regard.

There are an awful lot of political trolls who post
here, usually via cross-posting. You are on the bottom
of that list, as a Nazi apologist. I'd feel the same way
about apologists for Stalin or Mao.

2019-02-16 00:57:48 UTC
Post by jdyoung
Says the anti-semite Lee;
A disgusting lie.
Post by Kevrob
Post by jdyoung
the one who relentlessly attacks 'Joe
Bruno', the only openly Jewish person posting to alt.atheism.
Mad Joe is a net.stalker and troll, who claims to be Jewish but
fanatically defends New Testament Christianity using fundamentalist
apologetic web sites.
Post by Kevrob
Post by jdyoung
Why do
attack and insult him, no matter what the discussion is? It can't be
anything else but Judenhass.
Another lie. Mad Joe routinely lies about the atheists he stalks, and
as well as himself to make him feel important and to lend himself
bogus authority for transparent nonsense.
+1
Don Martin
You are a worthless nobody and proven liar. Who gives a fuck what you think?
v***@gmail.com
2019-02-16 05:58:31 UTC
Post by jdyoung
Says the anti-semite Lee; the one who relentlessly attacks 'Joe
Bruno', the only openly Jewish person posting to alt.atheism. Why do
attack and insult him, no matter what the discussion is? It can't be
anything else but Judenhass.
Art Tandy is a troll who reports to us that he is Jewish.
I hold the Christian and Hindu trolls in equal low regard.
There are an awful lot of political trolls who post
here, usually via cross-posting. You are on the bottom
of that list, as a Nazi apologist. I'd feel the same way
about apologists for Stalin or Mao.
Anyone who wants to verify that I am Jewish can contact the synagogue where I was Bar Mitzvah in 1958. It is Congregation Sharre Tikvah.

3500 W Peterson Ave
Chicago, IL 60659
v***@gmail.com
They have a website.
v***@gmail.com
Chrissy can't handle that I am constantly presenting proof that he is an ignorant liar.
Syd M.
2019-02-17 17:05:56 UTC
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by hleopold
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by m***@gmail.com
[...]
Might be because he's an asshole who lies with impunity. Nobody likes a arrogant asshole like ArtieBruno,

PDW
v***@gmail.com
2019-02-18 16:39:10 UTC
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by hleopold
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by m***@gmail.com
[...]
You are another anti-semitic liar. Do you think we've forgotten all
those racist and anti-semitic 'jokes' that you used to post?
J Young
"You can't cheat an honest man"
-- W.C. Fields
Notice that the jackass provides no proof I have ever told a lie.
Tim
You proved it when you claimed to be a lawyer then said you weren't. You're so stupid that you can't keep track of your lies, idiot.
v***@gmail.com
show us where I said that, lying scum.
Kevrob
2019-02-19 16:15:26 UTC
You proved it when you claimed to be a lawyer
show us where I said that, lying scum.
From this thread:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.atheism/Z7WuuRq0g4g

{QUOTE}

Tandy did, at least once, call himself a Naval Prosecutor, and
told us he attended U of I Law without bothering to tell us
he withdrew after 1 year: a "lie by omission."

[quote]

I attended Law school at the University of Illinois in
Champaign. You can check their records if you don't believe
me. I also practiced criminal law as a prosecutor in the Navy
for 4 years.

[quote] from:

See also:

http://al.howardknight.net/msgid.cgi?STYPE=msgid&A=0&MSGI=%3C0f190f59-c420-4005-b918-78c673c26af2%40m5g2000prh.googlegroups.com%3E OR

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!original/alt.atheism/aod7Q3zB-b4/nYrs2c3fGWgJ

Note he didn't originally tell us he attended UofI Law for 1 year,
allowing those who don't read closely to assume he went the full 3.
"Lying by omission," the good faddas and sistas called it back when
I was in Catholic school.

Now, is it fair to claim being a non-JAG "legal officer" on
board ship to be "practicing law?" State bar associations
would probably say "no."

I never spoke the word lawyer and that means YOU ARE A LIAR.
v***@gmail.com
ROTFL! Bar associations have no jurisdiction over non lawyers, you ignorant asshole. They wouldn't say anything.
%
would it say mike hunt is driving me crazy
Kevrob
2019-02-19 20:43:50 UTC
Now, is it fair to claim being a non-JAG "legal officer" on
board ship to be "practicing law?" State bar associations
would probably say "no."
ROTFL! Bar associations have no jurisdiction over non lawyers, you ignorant asshole. They wouldn't say anything.
If you ever ACTED on the claim, and did legal work
without being licensed for it, a member of the bar
in the particular state could report you to the
appropriate authority for sanction.

Nobody is accusing you of that.

"I'm an accountant and I used to be a prosecutor" might give
a potential client the wrong idea about what you are allowed
to do for them. Adding, "but I'm not licensed to practice law
in this nor any other US state nor territory" might be wise.

Now, if the client ever joined the Navy, and stood before
Captain's Mast, and you had been called back to serve - a
very unlikely scenario - your experience might be relevant.
In any other case, recounting it is a brag based on incomplete
information.

I don't take advice from stupid assholes. You don't know shit about the law.
Peter Pan
2019-02-19 22:49:49 UTC
[...]
LOL. Sure, the guys at the bar association would say,
"Gosh, Mad Joe is practicing law without a license, but
what can we do? As long as he doesn't have a license,
he's free to practice law. When he gets a license, then
we nail 'im!"

Mitchell Holman
2019-02-19 18:58:01 UTC
Post by Syd M.
Post by jdyoung
On Fri, 15 Feb 2019 08:20:06 -0600, Christopher A. Lee
On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 23:06:31 -0600, hleopold
Post by hleopold
On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 06:53:47 -0800 (PST),
Post by m***@gmail.com
[...]
"This is the point where I'd like to say
it's just opinion and I used to be a lawyer."
Art Tandy/Joe Bruno, May 19 2012, 1:19 PM
http://tinyurl.com/k8j3fmb

Joe Bruno, June 22, 2011
http://tinyurl.com/lfofccn
v***@gmail.com
2019-02-19 19:33:42 UTC
Post by hleopold
On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 06:53:47 -0800 (PST),
On Thursday, February 14, 2019 at 3:13:56 AM UTC-5, Ted
[...]
That is a FORGERY.
I never spoke the word lawyer and that means YOU ARE A LIAR.
Ted
WTF atltrnh
jdyoung
2019-02-14 21:20:26 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
[...]
Name one policy of the Nazis that I have ever promoted or endorsed?
Discussing war crimes committed against the Germans has nothing to do
with Naziism.

J Young
***@ymail.com
Marvin Sebourn
2019-02-14 21:42:04 UTC
Post by jdyoung
Post by m***@gmail.com
[...]
Such as when you describe the activities shown at the URL

http://tiny.cc/43bbpy

as (appearing) “to be nothing more than a recreational activity engaged in by the local population”?

Marvin Sebourn
***@aol.com

J Young
jdyoung
2019-02-15 00:20:42 UTC
On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 13:42:04 -0800 (PST), Marvin Sebourn
Post by Marvin Sebourn
Post by jdyoung
Post by m***@gmail.com
[...]
There are dozens of people in that photo and not one person appears to
be a soldier of any kind. I'm not saying it is, but it's possible that
this was taken at a summer picnic where people play silly games such
as potato-sack races or games where you can't break an egg or
water-balloon.

That does not excuse any Nazi war crimes perpetrated against the
Jewish peoples; it's only a plausible explanation of one particular
photo.

J Young
***@ymail.com
Marvin Sebourn
2019-02-15 01:27:15 UTC
Post by Marvin Sebourn
Post by jdyoung
Post by m***@gmail.com
[...]
Where is jdy's statement that: as (appearing) “to be nothing more than a recreational activity engaged in by the local population”?

Have I borrowed Ed Wolf's reading glasses, or much more likely, let mine slip?

IF jdy made that statement, I'd like him to give reasons why the Jews in Minsk in 1941 would have any reason for joy, for picnics, or any recreational activity then, amidst the executions and deliberate starving of Jews.

Marvin Sebourn
***@aol.com
Alex W.
2019-02-15 07:27:52 UTC
Post by Marvin Sebourn
Post by jdyoung
On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 13:42:04 -0800 (PST), Marvin Sebourn
On Thursday, February 14, 2019 at 3:20:31 PM UTC-6, jdyoung
Propaganda?

It's what the Nazis did at Theresienstadt....
Peter Pan
2019-02-15 01:40:15 UTC
Post by jdyoung
Post by Marvin Sebourn
Post by jdyoung
[...]
Is that why they all have such lighthearted, carefree
expressions on their faces?

Sure, they were all there because they wanted to be, and
just having a grand old time.
photo.
Tim
The bombing of Dresden was not a crime. Dresden was a viable military target. It had railways used to supply the German military. Stop whining, Nazi boy.
v***@gmail.com
It's useless to ask that dingbat for proof of anything. She pulls her conclusions out of her ass.
v***@gmail.com
Most historians admit that there were atrocities committed by both sides. However, the ones committed by the Allies were in most cases, individual acts by rogue soldiers, while the Nazi horrors were directed by the Nazi leadership.
jdyoung
2019-02-18 16:18:46 UTC
Post by jdyoung
Post by m***@gmail.com
[...]
No doubt that the atrocities committed by the Germans were directed by
Berlin. Countless millions were murdered for being who they were, not
for anything they did. Still, mass murder is vile and is never
justified for any reason. What happened to the German people was
genocide and should never be forgotten or minimized.

J Young
***@ymail.com
v***@gmail.com
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allied_war_crimes_during_World_War_II
Cloud Hobbit
2019-02-18 20:15:02 UTC
Most historians admit that there were atrocities committed by both sides. However, the ones committed by the Allies were in most cases, individual acts by rogue soldiers, while the Nazi horrors were directed by the Nazi leadership.
What about the actions of the allies after the war?

They all decided to allow the biggest ethnic cleansing ever against Germans and ethnic Germans. Something like 4 million of them were forced out of where they had been living and force marched to new locations. Half a million died on the way.
Then there were the public beatings and executions. Eastern Europe was a particularly bad place to be or even speak German once the war ended.
Michael Christ
2019-02-19 07:57:54 UTC
On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 12:15:02 -0800 (PST), Cloud Hobbit
Most historians admit that there were atrocities committed by both sides. However, the ones committed by the Allies were in most cases, individual acts by rogue soldiers, while the Nazi horrors were directed by the Nazi leadership.
What about the actions of the allies after the war?
They all decided to allow the biggest ethnic cleansing ever against Germans and ethnic Germans. Something like 4 million of them were forced out of where they had been living and force marched to new locations. Half a million died on the way.
Then there were the public beatings and executions. Eastern Europe was a particularly bad place to be or even speak German once the war ended.
Yet you continue to excuse or minimize the atrocities that the German
populations suffered. Upward of 12 to 15 million Germans were murdered
in post-WWII Europe. Nearly 5 times as many Germans died the first
couple of years after the war than did during the course of the war.
These victims were mostly women and children, the elderly and the
infirm.
J Young
Terrible con man that Hitler.

Michael Christ
Cloud Hobbit
2019-02-19 08:37:48 UTC
Nazi dickhead said:
Yet you continue to excuse or minimize the atrocities that the German
populations suffered. Upward of 12 to 15 million Germans were murdered
in post-WWII Europe. Nearly 5 times as many Germans died the first
couple of years after the war than did during the course of the war.
These victims were mostly women and children, the elderly and the
infirm.

But those were not organized by governments to eliminate every German in existence, you dumb FUCK. And wher did you see me defending atrocities committed by anyone?

It was a series of atrocities that started with Adolph Fucking Hitler. It was not the result of the rest of the world picking on Germans. It was Germany's psychotic head of state and all the sadists who were loyal to him.

If you can't see the difference, you're even more stupid than I thought possible.
jdyoung
2019-02-19 21:40:52 UTC
On Tue, 19 Feb 2019 00:37:48 -0800 (PST), Cloud Hobbit
[...]

"The Germans are not human beings. Henceforth the word German means to
us the most terrible curse. From now on the word German will trigger
your rifle. We shall not speak any more. We shall not get excited. We
shall kill. If you have not killed at least one German a day, you have
wasted that day... If you cannot kill your German with a bullet, kill
him with your bayonet. If there is calm on your part of the front, if
you are waiting for the fighting, kill a German before combat. If you
leave a German alive, the German will hang a Russian and rape a
Russian woman. If you kill one German, kill another - there is nothing
more amusing for us than a heap of German corpses. Do not count days;
do not count miles. Count only the number of Germans you have killed.
Kill the German - this is your old mother's prayer. Kill the German -
this is what your children beseech you to do. Kill the German - this
is the cry of your Russian earth. Do not waver. Do not let up. Kill."

- Ilya Ehrenburg, Soviet propagandist

J Young
***@ymail.com
default
2019-02-19 12:52:36 UTC
[...]
Can you cite a source for your "Nearly 5 times as many Germans died
the first couple of years after the war..?" Something with some
attempt at historical fact instead of a Neo-Nazi propaganda?

That just doesn't sound believable.

Presumably some effort was made to exclude those who were released
from the "camps" in poor health? I've met people who enjoyed the
hospitality of the German camps and they weren't in the best of health
and did die early.

My good buddy in high school had both his parents with numbers
tattooed on their arms. His mother lasted to the ripe old age of 43
his dad made it to 47.

Then, you'd probably still have to subtract those that died due to
infrastructure problems like poor sanitation, lack of medical care,
scarcity of food, exposure to the elements, etc..

AND finally how many Stalin had killed or caused to die.

AND is there some control group that you could point to like perhaps
the Poles and their death rate in Stalin's loving embrace after the
close of WW2?

Personally, this sounds like a lot of bullshit to me. Your source
being this sham racist documentary, the pro Nazi "Greatest Story Never
Told?" I watched it some years ago and it is a neo-Nazi propaganda
piece and not credible.

Is this where you are at these days JD? You want to save black babies
AND resurrect the (Forth) Reich? At the same time? Aren't those
mutually exclusive goals? Or just proof that you are a just an
annoying, despicable troll?

Let me guess... Trump supporter too? (you want to hit all the bases,
don't you?)
v***@gmail.com
You are an ignorant, rude, obnoxious fool. Nobody wants attention from you.
Syd M.
2019-02-17 17:08:27 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
[...]
Stop projecting, Artie Bruno.

PDW
v***@gmail.com
2019-02-18 00:35:51 UTC
Post by Syd M.
Post by v***@gmail.com
Post by m***@gmail.com
[...]
You giving me orders, dingbat?
What ya gonna do when I tell ya to go fuck yourself?
Ted
He'd have to be.
ed wolf
2019-02-14 11:23:36 UTC
Dresden was payback for Coventry and Rotterdam. Although most of its
victims had nothing to do with either.
I feel sorry for all innocent victims but Dresden pales in comparison to the holocaust.
-snip-
Post by Ted
jdyoung is a lying, propaganda spewing, Nazi loving, asshole who cannot seem to tell the truth.
Something in the area of 25000 to 30000 dead is the current
estimate, that Nazi rag Young quotes uses numbers from
Goebbels propaganda.
IMHO you should subtract all Party members,soldiers(yes, they where murderers,too),and everyone who thought the bombings of Guernica, Rotterdam or Coventry or the invasion of most of Europe was a good thing from whatever figure you got. They asked for it and they got it.
ed wolf
m***@gmail.com
Cloud Hobbit
2019-02-14 20:13:39 UTC
Our resident Nazi wants to ignore any mention of the war crime against Jews during WW2 courtesy of Adolf Hitler. I know, he's probably got a binder from the mere mention of his hero.
Just one?
Oops. Typo.
Should have said "boner" not binder.
Mitchell Holman
2019-02-14 13:51:03 UTC
Post by jdyoung
https://thegreateststorynevertold.tv/dresden-the-worst-war-crime/
J Young
London
Amsterdam
Rotterdam
Warsaw
Dresden was payback for Coventry and Rotterdam. Although most of its
victims had nothing to do with either.
Coventry was at least a legitimate war target
based on it's factories turning out airplane engines
and munitions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coventry_Blitz

In contrast the British bombed cities just
because they could be found at night, regardless
of their military value.
Ted
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
Post by jdyoung
https://thegreateststorynevertold.tv/dresden-the-worst-war-crime/
J Young
London
Amsterdam
Rotterdam
Warsaw
Dresden was payback for Coventry and Rotterdam. Although most of its
victims had nothing to do with either.
Coventry was at least a legitimate war target
based on it's factories turning out airplane engines
and munitions.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coventry_Blitz
Interesting. Thanks.
Post by Mitchell Holman
In contrast the British bombed cities just
because they could be found at night, regardless
of their military value.
"Night gangsters", Hitler called them. And he cited them as the reason for
Coventry. But the Brits didnt have many other options at that stage of the
war. It was either take the low-lying fruit or nothing.
Mitchell Holman
2019-02-15 03:06:46 UTC
Post by Mitchell Holman
In contrast the British bombed cities just
because they could be found at night, regardless
of their military value.
"Night gangsters", Hitler called them. And he cited them as the reason
for Coventry. But the Brits didnt have many other options at that
stage of the war. It was either take the low-lying fruit or nothing.
I read somewhere that there was a tacit agreement
that the Germans would not bomb Oxford if the British
would not bomb Heidelberg, as they were both strictly
university towns. At the end of the war Heidelberg
was the largest city in Germany untouched by bombs.
Ted
That's interesting, Mitchell. Thanks.
Christopher A. Lee
2019-02-15 03:08:51 UTC
Post by jdyoung
https://thegreateststorynevertold.tv/dresden-the-worst-war-crime/
J Young
London
Amsterdam
Rotterdam
Warsaw
Dresden was payback for Coventry and Rotterdam. Although most of its
victims had nothing to do with either.
Coventry was at least a legitimate war target
based on it's factories turning out airplane engines
and munitions.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coventry_Blitz
Interesting. Thanks.
These raids killed too many civilians, after which there was no chance
of Britain caving in so it stood on its own.
In contrast the British bombed cities just
because they could be found at night, regardless
of their military value.
"Night gangsters", Hitler called them. And he cited them as the reason for
Coventry. But the Brits didnt have many other options at that stage of the
war. It was either take the low-lying fruit or nothing.
When you're alone and fighting for your life with your back against
the wall, against pure evil, anything goes. London had more than 50
consecutive nights of firebombing by the Luftwaffe before Hitler
invaded Russia and the latter changed sides, and before the US entered
the war.

After which there was no reason not to treat Germany the same way.

In fact Hitler's trying to flatten London, was a critical mistake.

He'd previously tried to destroy the RAF on the ground so it couldn't
attack his invasion fleet, but bombing London instead meant his
fighters were operating near the limit of their range so they didn't
have enough fuel to support the bombers effectively against defending
fighters.

Incidentally, America's "shock and awe" was derived from Hitler's
blitzkrieg.
Mitchell Holman
2019-02-15 03:26:07 UTC
Post by jdyoung
[...]
As I recall Germany was close to knocking out
the RAF bases when a single raid accidentally
hit London instead. So the British hit Berlin.
So the Germans focused on London, sparing the
RAF and letting it get it's bases back into
action. In the end the RAF won because of the
relief that Germany gave it.
Christopher A. Lee
2019-02-15 03:48:57 UTC
On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 21:26:07 -0600, Mitchell Holman
Post by jdyoung
[...]
That's the story.

I think it was an off-course and possibly lost German bomber dumping
its load, which first bombed London. They couldn't be allowed to get
away with it so there was a symbolic response on Berlin and Hitler
lost his temper.
Kevrob
2019-02-15 10:15:16 UTC
I think it was an off-course and possibly lost German bomber dumping
its load, which first bombed London. They couldn't be allowed to get
away with it so there was a symbolic response on Berlin and Hitler
lost his temper.
Luftwaffe planes occasionally got off course and bombed Ireland -
the 26-county part, which was neutral. Belfast was bombed on
purpose.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Dublin_in_World_War_II

Inflated casualty lists for Dresden pale when compared to the
Rape of Nanking, which isn't a patch on the extermination project
aimed at Jews, Roma, homosexuals, etc.

[quote]

R. J. Rummel, a professor of political science at the University of
Hawaii, estimates that between 1937 and 1945, the Japanese military
murdered from nearly 3 to over 10 million people, most likely 6 million
Chinese, Koreans, Malaysians, Indonesians, Filipinos and Indochinese,
among others, including Western prisoners of war. According to Rummel,
"This democide [i.e., death by government] was due to a morally
bankrupt political and military strategy, military expediency and custom,
and national culture."[2] According to Rummel, in China alone, during
1937–45, approximately 3.9 million Chinese were killed, mostly civilians,
as a direct result of the Japanese operations and a total of 10.2
million Chinese were killed in the course of the war.[59] The most
infamous incident during this period was the Nanking Massacre of 1937–38,
when, according to the findings of the International Military Tribunal
for the Far East, the Japanese Army massacred as many as 300,000 civilians
and prisoners of war, although the accepted figure is somewhere in the
hundreds of thousands.

[/quote] -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_war_crimes

Japanese Imperial troops may not have killed as many civilians and
disarmed PoWs as the Nazis did the Jews and other persecuted groups,
but the upper bound is above the Reich's lower bound.

Kevin R
Michael Christ
2019-02-15 10:20:43 UTC
[...]
All you have done is read some history shit you are believing as fact
when you weren't there.

Sky pixie-ism if it suits you. :-).

Silly atheists, all the faith, hope and belief to spare when it suits
their agenda! :-).

Michael Christ
Kevrob
2019-02-15 11:42:25 UTC
Post by Michael Christ
All you have done is read some history shit you are believing as fact
when you weren't there.
You: a self-described nurse.

Me: someone with a History B.A.

STFU, troll.

I wasn't alive during WWII, and I bet you weren't, either.
My late father was, in the US Army, stationed in Northern
Australia and in New Guinea, with the Corps of Engineers.

He always had good things to say about the Diggers, but he never
met you.

2019-02-15 14:15:55 UTC
I wasn't alive during WWII, and I bet you weren't, either.
My late father was, in the US Army, stationed in Northern
Australia and in New Guinea, with the Corps of Engineers.
Was he at Fort Moresby(*)? People remember Guadalcanal but forget that
even though it was the first defeat in battle.

(*) Yes, I know the Japanese only got within sight, and the official
name was the Kokoda Trail Campaign before being repelled, but the
battles first defeats.
Kevrob
2019-02-16 00:06:21 UTC
I wasn't alive during WWII, and I bet you weren't, either.
My late father was, in the US Army, stationed in Northern
Australia and in New Guinea, with the Corps of Engineers.
Was he at Fort Moresby(*)? People remember Guadalcanal but forget that
even though it was the first defeat in battle.
* That's "Port." Almost spot-on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:World_War_II_airfields_in_Papua_New_Guinea
Post by Christopher A. Lee
(*) Yes, I know the Japanese only got within sight, and the official
name was the Kokoda Trail Campaign before being repelled, but the
battles first defeats.
My father was drafted before Pearl Harbor, in his final year
of college. The draft board allowed him to finish his degree
before he was inducted, in the summer of 1941. After failing
the eye exam for air cadets - which probably saved his life -
he was made a private in the Army Corps of Engineers. His platoon
was on the way to California by train the when the Japanese attacked.
When his outfit was put on a ship to Hawaii, they assumed they'd be
going to reinforce Singapore. It had fallen by the time they reached
Oahu. So, they were sent to the Northern Territories, and built airstrips.

The nearest big town would have been Darwin. They built airfields
on New Guinea, and making camp "in the jungle" was mentioned, but not
any nearby towns.

I suspect he may have worked at any of these fields:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Moresby_Airfield_Complex

We learned how to say "Give it a go, mate!" at a young age.

Michael Christ
2019-02-16 00:33:05 UTC
Post by Christopher A. Lee
[...]
Your father was struck by shrapnel in the left testicle which resulted
in some unexpected unfortunate circumstances. Firstly, you were meant
to be a girl but somehow ended up as Kevin butt (pardon the pun)
retained the original imprint. Secondly, a certain mental derangement
ensued. Which leads to the thirdly, and much more concerning, you
developed a habit in life like a cow in the field going around and
around anticlockwise all its life and never thinking to go clockwise and
out the gate. Subsequently you've been eating the grass you have been
crapping on for years.

A very sad case indeed!

Michael Christ
Kevrob
2019-02-16 04:32:31 UTC
Post by Christopher A. Lee
[...]
This is how you refer to a veteran who risked his life, in part,
to keep your country safe?

My father's "damaged genatalia" would be a great surprise to
my 8 siblings.

What sort of mad Lysenkoism makes you think physical damage
to a man's wedding tackle will have an effect on the sex
or gender of his offspring?
Post by Michael Christ
Secondly, a certain mental derangement
ensued. Which leads to the thirdly, and much more concerning, you
developed a habit in life like a cow in the field going around and
around anticlockwise all its life and never thinking to go clockwise and
out the gate. Subsequently you've been eating the grass you have been
crapping on for years.
A very sad case indeed!
Do they actually trust a daft sort like you around patients?

Peter Pan
2019-02-16 15:16:27 UTC
Post by Christopher A. Lee
[...]
I was thinking the same thing. If not for your dad, MX
would be speaking Japanese and calling himself Michael
McShinto today.
2019-02-16 16:01:11 UTC
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Kevrob
Post by Michael Christ
I wasn't alive during WWII, and I bet you weren't, either.
My late father was, in the US Army, stationed in Northern
Australia and in New Guinea, with the Corps of Engineers.
Was he at Fort Moresby(*)? People remember Guadalcanal but forget that
even though it was the first defeat in battle.
* That's "Port." Almost spot-on.
My typo, which the spelling checker obviously didn't pick up.
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Kevrob
Post by Christopher A. Lee
(*) Yes, I know the Japanese only got within sight, and the official
name was the Kokoda Trail Campaign before being repelled, but the
battles [were Japan's] first defeats.
[...]
Psychopathic, evil nastiness.
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Kevrob
This is how you refer to a veteran who risked his life, in part,
to keep your country safe?
I was thinking the same thing. If not for your dad, MX
would be speaking Japanese and calling himself Michael
McShinto today.
That's what I said when I met surviving WW2 veterans when our British
expatriate O-scale model railway group took our modular layout to
train shows in the 1990s.

We'd get grandfathers with youngsters telling us they rode trains like
ours when they were in England. "When were you there?". "During WW2.".
So you'd ask them where they were. Typically towns in South Devon -
which meant they were practicing for the Normandy landings. So it was
"Can I shake your hand? If it weren't for people like you, I'd be
speaking German".
Ted
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Kevrob
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Kevrob
This is how you refer to a veteran who risked his life, in part,
to keep your country safe?
I was thinking the same thing. If not for your dad, MX
would be speaking Japanese and calling himself Michael
McShinto today.
That's what I said when I met surviving WW2 veterans when our British
expatriate O-scale model railway group took our modular layout to
train shows in the 1990s.
We'd get grandfathers with youngsters telling us they rode trains like
ours when they were in England. "When were you there?". "During WW2.".
So you'd ask them where they were. Typically towns in South Devon -
which meant they were practicing for the Normandy landings. So it was
"Can I shake your hand? If it weren't for people like you, I'd be
speaking German".
Not only that. If the Axis had won, we'd now have a media that constantly
spewed propaganda (which we'd almost all believe), those in power would
tell us lies to justify their wars of aggression, whistle blowers would be
punished, dissidents would be silenced on social media and face brutal
police violence on the street, and the working class would be gradually
impoverished while the elite grew steadily more filthy rich.

I'm so glad that never happened.
v***@gmail.com
2019-02-16 16:54:41 UTC
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Kevrob
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Kevrob
This is how you refer to a veteran who risked his life, in part,
to keep your country safe?
I was thinking the same thing. If not for your dad, MX
would be speaking Japanese and calling himself Michael
McShinto today.
That's what I said when I met surviving WW2 veterans when our British
expatriate O-scale model railway group took our modular layout to
train shows in the 1990s.
We'd get grandfathers with youngsters telling us they rode trains like
ours when they were in England. "When were you there?". "During WW2.".
So you'd ask them where they were. Typically towns in South Devon -
which meant they were practicing for the Normandy landings. So it was
"Can I shake your hand? If it weren't for people like you, I'd be
speaking German".
That's not true at all

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/05/08/dont-forget-how-the-soviet-union-saved-the-world-from-hitler/?utm_term=.2b2d0a76e2d6
Cloud Hobbit
2019-02-16 22:36:43 UTC
https://www-history-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.history.com/.amp/news/8-things-you-should-know-about-wwiis-eastern-front?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCCAE%3D#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.history.com%2Fnews%2F8-things-you-should-know-about-wwiis-eastern-front
Cloud Hobbit
2019-02-16 22:40:35 UTC
The above link will give one a better idea of the USER's actions during WW2.

Starting with Stalin not taking seriously the Intel he was getting and being completely unprepared.

It's no surprise why none of the enemy wanted to be taken prisoner by the USSR.
Kevrob
2019-02-16 17:46:05 UTC
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Kevrob
This is how you refer to a veteran who risked his life, in part,
to keep your country safe?
I was thinking the same thing. If not for your dad, MX
would be speaking Japanese and calling himself Michael
McShinto today.
Good one.
Post by Christopher A. Lee
That's what I said when I met surviving WW2 veterans when our British
expatriate O-scale model railway group took our modular layout to
train shows in the 1990s.
We'd get grandfathers with youngsters telling us they rode trains like
ours when they were in England. "When were you there?". "During WW2.".
So you'd ask them where they were. Typically towns in South Devon -
which meant they were practicing for the Normandy landings. So it was
"Can I shake your hand? If it weren't for people like you, I'd be
speaking German".
Thanks for saying nice things about my Dad. The defense of New Guinea
used everybody the commanders could get their hands on: Australian
Army, including Militia, Australian Naval and Air Forces, Papuan
auxiliaries, US Navy and Marines, US Army & Army Air Corps.

Bottling up enemy forces on New Britain led to the successful
island-hopping strategy that forced Japan back to its Home Islands.
Air and naval bases on Papua were essential for that.

1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
Post by Christopher A. Lee
[...]
My dad was in the Pacific too. Incl Guadalcanal. One of his bros was killed
there, and the other killed in France. He had some cool war stories.

Pat Buchanan wrote an informative book about the back stories of WWs 1 & 2.
Good book, but very depressing. Neither war should have happened.

The reasons for the next WW (if it comes to that) are more rational. And
more evil by any metric (and the war itself will be more hideously
horrible). But at least more logical.
ed wolf
2019-02-16 06:26:18 UTC
Post by Christopher A. Lee
[...]
Did you need Jesus in your life to become the
repulsive personality you are, or did you start
out as an obnoxious spoiled brat and just added
Religion later? Either way, it did you as little
good as you do to my image of Christianity.

Rule of thumb:
Anyone can only be two or less of these:
- religious
- honest
- smart
Michael Christ
2019-02-16 07:36:18 UTC
Post by Christopher A. Lee
[...]
Fuck off asshole! :-).

An atheist does not determine God's ways. Hey, go figure!! :-).

Thank you very muchly. <<<=== Nicely. :-). So I'm holy.

Michael Christ
JWS
2019-02-16 18:02:51 UTC
Post by Michael Christ
Post by Christopher A. Lee
[...]
You will burn in hell for all eternity
for defaming the name of your god:
"You shall not misuse the name of the Lord
your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone
guiltless who misuses his name" (Exodus 20:7)
Ted
Yep.
Peter Pan
2019-02-16 15:21:21 UTC
Post by ed wolf
Post by Michael Christ
[...]
MX and Duke are having an Antichristing Contest, to see
who can drive the most prospective christians into
atheism.
Ted
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
Post by Peter Pan
Post by ed wolf
Post by Michael Christ
[...]
LOL. So far, I'd say Duke's ahead, but MX is doing his best to close the
gap.
Peter Pan
2019-02-17 00:55:32 UTC
Post by Peter Pan
Post by ed wolf
Post by Michael Christ
[...]
MX isn't yet as good as duke at squinting and denying the
obvious. But he does have a little bit of imagination,
and he's learning.
Ted
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Ted
Post by Peter Pan
Post by ed wolf
Post by Michael Christ
[...]
True, give him time. But he's brighter than Duke, so he'll never be half as
amusing.
Michael Christ
2019-02-15 23:27:53 UTC
Post by Michael Christ
All you have done is read some history shit you are believing as fact
when you weren't there.
You: a self-described nurse.
Me: someone with a History B.A.
STFU, troll.
I wasn't alive during WWII, and I bet you weren't, either.
My late father was, in the US Army, stationed in Northern
Australia and in New Guinea, with the Corps of Engineers.
He always had good things to say about the Diggers, but he never
met you.
All that to try and disguise the fact that it is okay for you to walk in
faith, belief and hope that what you read, hear, think is right.

Yet there you are running around lambasting those who don't have faith,
belief and hope in having made ourselves through evolution, big boings,
abiogenesis, multiple universes of whatever clown crap atheists present??!!

Amazing hypocrisy!

Michael Christ
v***@gmail.com
2019-02-15 11:10:50 UTC
[...]
There was a particular British officer during WWII who had a high command in the RAF. He commanded a large portion of the RAF's
bomber squadrons. His name was Sir Arthur Harris. He was a passionate advocate of using terror bombing to win the war against Germany. They called him "Bomber Harris."
Ted
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
Post by jdyoung
[...]
I see what you mean.
Post by Christopher A. Lee
In fact Hitler's trying to flatten London, was a critical mistake.
He'd previously tried to destroy the RAF on the ground so it couldn't
attack his invasion fleet, but bombing London instead meant his
fighters were operating near the limit of their range so they didn't
have enough fuel to support the bombers effectively against defending
fighters.
They learned a lot from Goebbels too.
Tim
All German cities had military value. If the Nazis didn't like the fact that their cities got bombed they shouldn't have started the second world war.
v***@gmail.com
2019-02-15 11:28:48 UTC
Post by jdyoung
https://thegreateststorynevertold.tv/dresden-the-worst-war-crime/
J Young
London
Amsterdam
Rotterdam
Warsaw
Dresden was payback for Coventry and Rotterdam. Although most of its
victims had nothing to do with either.
Coventry was at least a legitimate war target
based on it's factories turning out airplane engines
and munitions.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coventry_Blitz
In contrast the British bombed cities just
because they could be found at night, regardless
of their military value.
All German cities had military value.
Obviously, you have no idea of the rules of war.
They are part of international law.
All were established by various international conventions at various times. The two most prominent are the Geneva Conventions and the Hague Conventions. You can find most of it at The Avalon Project on the internet.
Tim
Learn how to read you stupid cunt. I said the cities had military value. I didn't say a fucking thing about the rules of war, you ignorant, spineless cunt.
m***@gmail.com
2019-02-14 14:49:35 UTC
We already know you're a Nazi symp, J. Why do you have to keep proving it?
Siri Cruise
2019-02-15 02:01:49 UTC
Post by jdyoung
https://thegreateststorynevertold.tv/dresden-the-worst-war-crime/
There were six million jews in Dresden?

Anyway allied bombing was allowed under the tit-for-tat clause of the Geneva
Conventions: 'we can do to you after you did that to us'. Germany was the first
to bomb a city, London. Japan also attacked civillian targets in China before
the US bombed Japan.
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
JTEM
2019-02-16 05:42:00 UTC
This is stupid.

There was nothing unique about Dresden. The issue
there was the size of the attack, not that the
attack took place.

All sides conducted such attacks. Germany, the
Japanese... the Germans started bombing civilians
back in the 30s, during the Spanish civil war!

There were far worse crimes committed during the
war.

-- --

http://jtem.tumblr.com/post/182829479013
JWS
2019-02-16 18:00:31 UTC
Where is Yossarian when you need him?
default
2019-02-16 22:05:33 UTC
Post by jdyoung
https://thegreateststorynevertold.tv/dresden-the-worst-war-crime/
J Young
What is your point?

London wasn't attacked because it was a strategic target. It just so
happens that the vaunted German Luftwaffe wasn't up to the task they
were assigned and London survived. Some 70-85 million died during
WW2; who would you blame for that? Hitler of course, but he did it
with an apathetic German populous who were content to do nothing as
long as they were winning.

Likewise the US is guilty for many atrocities committed around the
world today. Instead of whining about Dresden perhaps you could find
a more constructive use of your time and do something that might
actually save some people today. (other than aborted black babies
which you seem to have such a fondness for...)
Alex W.
2019-02-16 23:55:57 UTC
Post by default
Post by jdyoung
https://thegreateststorynevertold.tv/dresden-the-worst-war-crime/
J Young
What is your point?
London wasn't attacked because it was a strategic target. It just so
happens that the vaunted German Luftwaffe wasn't up to the task they
were assigned and London survived. Some 70-85 million died during
WW2; who would you blame for that? Hitler of course, but he did it
with an apathetic German populous who were content to do nothing as
long as they were winning.
Hitler was aided and abetted by the Allies. He took Austria and
Czechoslovakia without any robust response from France and Britain. So
he thought he could do the same with Poland, for which he (ironically)
had a much better legal and historical case ... and miscalculated.

As for the apathetic German population: when the war started, they had
had a bare 15 years of experience with a democratic system, and most of
that was disastrous. When a strong leader came along who not only
promised jobs, security and self-respect but actually *delivered* on
those promises, what were they supposed to do? A voter in 1939 would
have looked around him and would have had to conclude that this
government of his was actually doing right by the people. The economy
was humming, jobs were plentiful and decently paid, welfare reforms long
demanded by the Left had been enacted, and the humiliation of Versailles
had been eradicated. The catastrophic outcome of the war and the horror
of the Holocaust were years in the future.
Kevrob
2019-02-17 00:50:58 UTC
Post by Alex W.
Post by default
Post by jdyoung
https://thegreateststorynevertold.tv/dresden-the-worst-war-crime/
J Young
What is your point?
London wasn't attacked because it was a strategic target. It just so
happens that the vaunted German Luftwaffe wasn't up to the task they
were assigned and London survived. Some 70-85 million died during
WW2; who would you blame for that? Hitler of course, but he did it
with an apathetic German populous who were content to do nothing as
long as they were winning.
Hitler was aided and abetted by the Allies.
Appeased is the usual term. The Entente powers would bluster,
Hitler would call their bluff, and due to reluctance to risk
another general war, or from being unprepared to fight one,
they gave Hitler at least part of what he wanted, despite
treaty obligations.
Post by Alex W.
[...]
The German Empire had a parliament for half a century, prior to
the capitulation of 1918.

It was not as powerful, vis a vis the Kaiser, as the British
Parliament was in relation to the British monarch, but it isn't
as if democratic forms were unknown in Germany.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichstag_(German_Empire)

Prior to the unification of Germany in 1871, Prussia had its Landtag.

This parliament was less powerful than the Imperial Reichstag.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landtag_of_Prussia

It is fair to consider the Weimar Republic much less mature
regarding representative government than Britain or France,

Alex W.
2019-02-18 05:38:50 UTC
Post by Alex W.
Post by default
Post by jdyoung
https://thegreateststorynevertold.tv/dresden-the-worst-war-crime/
J Young
What is your point?
London wasn't attacked because it was a strategic target. It just so
happens that the vaunted German Luftwaffe wasn't up to the task they
were assigned and London survived. Some 70-85 million died during
WW2; who would you blame for that? Hitler of course, but he did it
with an apathetic German populous who were content to do nothing as
long as they were winning.
Hitler was aided and abetted by the Allies.
Appeased is the usual term. The Entente powers would bluster,
Hitler would call their bluff, and due to reluctance to risk
another general war, or from being unprepared to fight one,
they gave Hitler at least part of what he wanted, despite
treaty obligations.
Appeasement is the common term for the external part, the foreign policy.

Internally, the politics and policies of the Allies were characterised
by a wishful-thinking sort of pacifism, passive deterrents and a marked
absence of any preparations that might have made Hitler and Mussolini
conclude that we were serious about our treaty obligations and
commitments. Placing British or foreign troops on Polish soil, for
instance, would have been an effective deterrent. So would a
significant increase in military spending, or common exercises. Neither
happened. Signals were not sent.
Post by Kevrob
Post by Alex W.
[...]
A talking shop without powers, and dominated by parties that actively
supported the monarchy.
Post by Kevrob
It was not as powerful, vis a vis the Kaiser, as the British
Parliament was in relation to the British monarch, but it isn't
as if democratic forms were unknown in Germany.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichstag_(German_Empire)
Prior to the unification of Germany in 1871, Prussia had its Landtag.
This parliament was less powerful than the Imperial Reichstag.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landtag_of_Prussia
See above.

These predecessor parliaments were hobbled by law and a generally strong
support for an active and empowered monarchy -- to say nothing of
monarchs themselves who treated these institutions with contempt when
they were not actively trying to undermine them. They did little to
nothing to educate the German people in the rules and mindset of an
active participatory democracy, let alone convince them of the benefits
of such.
Post by Kevrob
It is fair to consider the Weimar Republic much less mature
regarding representative government than Britain or France,
In my view, the trouble with Weimar is that its constitution was *too*
representative. There were too few checks and balances.