Does God exist on our planet?
Jahnu
2021-05-24 03:10:41 UTC
God exists in every atom of the universe. God is personally present
where ever His name is chanted.

Brahma (god of creation) says:

He is an undifferentiated entity as there is no distinction between
potency and the possessor thereof. In His work of creation of millions
of worlds, His potency remains inseparable. All the universes exist in
Him and He is present in His fullness in every one of the atoms that
are scattered throughout the universe, at one and the same time. Such
is the primeval Lord whom I adore. (Brahma Samhita 5.35)

Srila Bhaksiddhanta Sarasvati Thakur explains:

Krishna is the highest of all entities. In Him is an entity which is
termed chit (spiritual) which is distinct from the principle of
limitation. By His inconceivable power, He can at will create
numberless universes.

All the mundane universes owe their origin to the transformation of
His external potency. Again His abode is beyond human conception;
since all worlds, limited and spiritual (chit) exist in Him and He
resides simultaneously in His fullness and entirety in all the atoms
in all the worlds.

All-pervasiveness is only a localized aspect of the majesty of
Krishna, the Lord of all. Though He is all-pervasive yet in His
existence everywhere in a medium shape consists His spiritual Lordship
beyond human conception.

This argument favors the doctrine of simultaneous inconceivable
distinction and nondistinction, and knocks down the contaminating
Mayavada and other allied doctrines.
John Locke
2021-05-24 05:37:43 UTC
Does God exist on our planet?
...yes, as an imaginary entity in the minds of
delusional theists. Any more silly questions ?

"There is not enough love and kindness in the world to give any of
it away to imaginary beings." - Friederich Nietzsche
hhya...@gmail.com
2021-05-24 09:51:12 UTC
Krishna said Jahnu is a broken head who is being made stupid by religion, inline with the quote from Christopher Lee!!!!!!!!
Harry Krishna
2021-05-24 14:38:51 UTC
On Mon, 24 May 2021 08:40:41 +0530, Jahnu <***@hotmail.com>

No. You're an idiot.
Jahnu
2021-05-24 22:05:42 UTC
bitch moan whine
No wonder the world is going to hell with empty-headed fools like you
in the majority.

Nobody is born for no reason. We are all born in order to get an
opportunity to fulfill our material desires. As long as we have
desires for bodily and mental enjoyment, we will take birth in the
material world in some species.

The reason for a soul to take birth as a human is for the purpose of
self-realization. To eat sleep, mate and defend you don't need a human
body.

"There are 900,000 species of aquatic life; 2,000,000 species of
plants and trees; 1,100,000 species of insects; 1,000,000 species of
bird life; 3,000,000 species of beasts, and 400,000 species of human
life." (Padma Purana)

"One attains the human form of life after transmigrating through
8,400,000 species by the process of gradual evolution. That human life
is spoiled for those conceited fools who do not take shelter of the
lotus feet of Govinda." --Brahma-vaivarta Purana
Harry Krishna
2021-05-25 13:17:24 UTC
Post by Jahnu
bitch moan whine
No wonder the world is going to hell with empty-headed fools like you
in the majority.
Your opinion is duly noted, and dismissed as that of a comically
misinformed idiot, as always. Please feel free to go bother people in
an airport instead of wasting your time here.
Jahnu
2021-05-26 06:12:35 UTC
bitch moan whine
Look, God predicted subhumans like you already 5000 years ago.

Krishna says:

Those miscreants who are grossly foolish, who are lowest among
mankind, whose knowledge is stolen by illusion, and who partake of the
atheistic nature of demons do not surrender unto Me. (Bg 7.15 )
Harry Krishna
Sounds like he's talking about you, you blithering idiot.
Jahnu
2021-05-27 03:28:00 UTC
bitch moan whine
The only purpose of the soul in a human body, is self-realization.
Self-realization means to realize one’s self as different from the
body and mind - to realize the soul and its relation to God.

There is a soul in all living entities - plants, insects, animals etc.
It is an extremely rare occurrence for a soul to be awarded by nature
a human life-form.

Only in a human life-form can the soul realize itself. In all other
life-forms the soul is simply absorbed in eating, sleeping, mating and
defending.

So it’s very important for a soul in a human body to engage in
spiritual life. In fact, there is no other purpose of life for humans
than cultivating spiritual knowledge, i e. knowledge about God and the
real meaning of life., which is to get out of samsara - the endless
cycle of birth and death, and return home, back home to Godhead.

life." (Padma Purana)
Harry Krishna
2021-05-27 12:36:36 UTC
You won't find it in a cult, dumbass.
Jahnu
2021-05-28 03:55:48 UTC
bitch moan whine
All problems in our life find their origin in the body and mind.
As soon as we understand we are not the body and its culture, all
problems go away. We may still have problems paying the rent, or we
may break a leg, or we may even be diagnosed with an incurable
disease, but if we know we are not the body, we also know these things
don't happen to us, they only happen to our body.

It's like a person whose car is smashed in an accident, but who
escapes unscathed, his first feeling is one of relief. He may lament
about his car, the cost of the loss of his vehicle, but he is happy to
be alive.

So when we understand that we are not the vehicle but rather the self
inside, all the problems of the body and mind, are like having
problems with your car.

Most people are so wrapped up in their body and its culture, that if
anything bad happens to them it's a big deal.

A transcendentalist or spiritually enlightened person is someone who
is not wrapped up in his bodily identity, he knows the self inside,
and so he knows that whatever happens to the body during his life,
they do not happen to himself, but to his vehicle.

Knowing one's spiritual self beyond the body and mind will lead to a
blissful life, despite what happens to the body.

The natural bliss of the soul is not dependent on any material
circumstances. By connecting to oneself one connects to eternity,
knowledge and bliss.

Suta Goswami says:

Thus the knot in the heart is pierced, and all misgivings are cut to
pieces. The chain of fruitive actions is terminated when one sees
one's self and one's master. -SB 1.2.21
Harry Krishna
2021-05-28 13:15:31 UTC
Brainwashing by a cult certainly didn't help yours.
Cloud Hobbit
2021-06-01 21:23:13 UTC
Post by Harry Krishna
Post by Jahnu
bitch moan whine
All problems in our life find their origin in the body and mind.
Brainwashing by a cult certainly didn't help yours.
I like the way you think.

I said almost the same thing to Jesper a moment ago.
.How smart does one need to be to understand that
an atheist NG is not the place for his brand of religious
Bullshit?

There are no gods unless we create them.
JWS
2021-05-29 01:56:59 UTC
His usual shit.
You do realize that absolutely no one
reads the horseshit you post, right?
Jahnu
2021-05-30 02:40:56 UTC
Post by JWS
You do realize that absolutely no one
reads the horseshit you post, right?
You must have me confused with someone who gives a shit.

Faith in God comes from logic, reason and common sense. It’s only
reasonable to have faith in the indisputable intelligent design
observable in nature.

Faith in God is not mindless, blind faith, as in the case with faith
in evolution, it is faith based on empiric facts.

A desire to know God, however, will cause God to manifest Himself to
us.

"The Supreme Lord is not obtained by expert explanations, by vast
intelligence, or even by much hearing. He is obtained only by one whom
He Himself chooses. To such a person, He manifests His own form."
(Mundaka Upanisad 3.2.3)
Harry Krishna
2021-06-01 13:37:12 UTC
Post by Jahnu
Post by JWS
You do realize that absolutely no one
reads the horseshit you post, right?
You must have me confused with someone who gives a shit.
No, he has you pegged as an obsessed loon who can't change the
subject, and won't shut up about it.
Jahnu
2021-06-01 23:30:17 UTC
bitch moan whine
"So far as I am able to judge, nothing has been left undone, either by
man or nature, to make India the most extraordinary country that the
sun visits on his rounds. Nothing seems to have been forgotten,
nothing overlooked.

"Land of religions, cradle of human race, birthplace of human speech,
grandmother of legend, great grandmother of tradition. The land that
all men desire to see and having seen once even by a glimpse, would
not give that glimpse for the shows of the rest of the globe
combined."

--Mark Twain
Harry Krishna
2021-06-02 13:49:52 UTC
Post by Jahnu
bitch moan whine
"So far as I am able to judge, nothing has been left undone, either by
man or nature, to make India the most extraordinary country that the
sun visits on his rounds. Nothing seems to have been forgotten,
nothing overlooked.
"Land of religions, cradle of human race, birthplace of human speech,
grandmother of legend, great grandmother of tradition. The land that
all men desire to see and having seen once even by a glimpse, would
not give that glimpse for the shows of the rest of the globe
combined."
--Mark Twain
LOL! You do know that Twain considered religion to be superstitious
twaddle, don't you Jesper...?
Jahnu
2021-06-03 04:31:21 UTC
bitch moan whine
Existence is bad because as embodied beings we live in the wrong
environment. We are like fish trying to be happy on dry land.

Existence is good for the soul, and bad for the body and mind.
Originally, the soul exists in eternity, knowledge and bliss. The body
and mind, however, exist in birth, death, old age and disease.

So we are all embodied beings. As long as we exist in samsara - the
endless cycle of birth and death - we will suffer or enjoy according
to our activities, life after life, but basically suffering the four
inherent miseries of material life.

The goal of the human life-form is for the soul to break free from
samsara and return to its original position of eternity, knowledge and
bliss.

Krishna says:

Humility; pridelessness; nonviolence; tolerance; simplicity;
approaching a bona fide spiritual master; cleanliness; steadiness;
self-control; renunciation of the objects of sense gratification;
absence of false ego; the perception of the evil of birth, death, old
age and disease; detachment; freedom from entanglement with children,
wife, home and the rest; even-mindedness amid pleasant and unpleasant
events; constant and unalloyed devotion to Me; aspiring to live in a
solitary place; detachment from the general mass of people; accepting
the importance of self-realization; and philosophical search for the
Absolute Truth - all these I declare to be knowledge, and besides this
whatever there may be is ignorance. --Bg 13.8-12

I shall now explain the knowable, knowing which you will taste the
eternal. Brahman, the spirit, beginningless and subordinate to Me,
lies beyond the cause and effect of this material world. --Bg 13.13
hhya...@gmail.com
2021-06-03 09:22:47 UTC
Post by Jahnu
bitch moan whine
Existence is bad because as embodied beings we live in the wrong
environment. We are like fish trying to be happy on dry land.
Wrong analogy....since when does a fish live on dry land?
I sense you have far too many mistakes in life, like a fish on dry land?
Harry Krishna
2021-06-03 13:27:01 UTC
Post by Jahnu
bitch moan whine
Existence is bad because
it produces idiots like you.
Jahnu
2021-06-06 00:29:35 UTC
bitch moan whine
A supernatural ability human share with all living entities is to be
alive.

As long as we can’t create conscious awareness in laboratory,
consciousness, per definition, is supernaturel.

Supernatural events are supernatural because they have no natural or
scientific explanation. Of course, most scientists claim that
consciousness, or life is simply chemicals, nothing more.

When asked why then they don’t reproduce consciousness chemically, the
answer is - we cannot do that right now, but that’s no reason to think
that we shall always remain unable to create life in a test tube. It’s
simply a matter of time before we have the knowledge that’ll enable us
to create life.

You see, there is no magic involved in creating life. It's all a
natural process. If you ask me what exactly is that natural process, I
have no idea, I just call it a natural process to make it sound like
it's science, to fool creationists into thinking, that I know what I'm
talking about.

These poor religious fanatics, they need some magical, invisible pixie
sitting in the sky, to explain nature, but me? Forget it, I don't need
magic to explain nature, because it's all a naturall process.

You see, first there was a point... I call the point a singularity to
make it sound less ridiculous, I imagine it's a point of all mass,
space, and time, so no need to worry about what was outside the point,
because there was nothing outside the point - no space, no time, no
mass, no nothing, you understand? There was only the point, and from
that point a universe came out, just like that, for no apparent
reason, poof, it just happened, see? No magic involved... it's all a
natural process, and as we know natural processes are very scientific.

I won't get into what happened with the natural processes after the
universe popped into existence - how life evolved out of chemicals and
then transmuted itself from an amoeba into a talking human being.
Don't worry yourself about all these annoying details, all you have to
understand is that it's completely natural and scientific.... and that
it happened over long, long time. That's all you have to know.

Also, don't worry yourself that no one with a brain actually believes
the world created itself out of a bunch of chemicals, don't worry that
the most prominent and brainy scientists on the planet support the
idea of ID - Intelligent Design, simply because it makes more sense.

That's totally inconsequential. All you have to know is that it's all
completely natural. It doesn't matter you have no clue what it means
or entails. You simply have to repeat it like a mantra, just try it

natural process, natural process, process process, no magic, no magic

…see how good it makes you feel?

"A common sense interpretation of the facts suggests that a
superintellect has monkeyed with physics, as well as with chemistry
and biology, and that there are no blind forces worth speaking about
in nature. The numbers one calculates from the facts seem to me so
overwhelming as to put this conclusion almost beyond question." — Fred
Hoyle, astrophysicist
hhya...@gmail.com
2021-06-06 01:05:42 UTC
So are your insanity and stupidity!!!!!!
unknown
speak english
hhya...@gmail.com
Check with your dictionary which word is not english!!!!!!!
Jahnu
2021-06-07 04:06:20 UTC
bitch moan whine
You don't find God. God finds you. God is in the hearts of all living
entities, and as soon as He sees a genuine desire develop in the heart
of a person to know Him, God will manifest Himself. IOW, God reserves
the right to not manifest Himself to the foolish and unintelligent.

God can only be found by someone to whom God shows Himself.
Those people who say - I see no evidence of God - God will stay away
from such persons. He will cover Himself by His yoga-maya.

The difference between between yoga-maya and maha-maya is that
yoga-maya is God's internal potency that covers Himself. Maha-maya is
God's external potency -His illusory potency, which covers the living
entities in ignorance.

Krishna says:

I am never manifest to the foolish and unintelligent. For them I am
covered by My internal potency, and therefore they do not know that I
am unborn and infallible. (Bg 7.25)

(Mundaka Upanisad 3.2.3)
hhya...@gmail.com
2021-06-07 14:01:07 UTC
Your smurf must be a broken head, in order to find a stupid human like you!!!!!!!!
Harry Krishna
2021-06-07 13:31:16 UTC
Life is not supernatural. You're an idiot.
Jahnu
2021-06-08 03:17:10 UTC
bitch moan whine
The best proof of God, in my mind, is logic, reason and common sense.
Anyone with a brain can understand the world didn't create itself out
of a bunch of chemicals.

Obviously, nobody is an atheist due to lack of evidence of God. In
fact, the last thing an atheist wants, is proof of God. The whole
world is proof of an intelligent designer. One becomes an atheist when
one does not want God in his life, not because there is no proof of
God. It's as simple as that.

I mean, I can understand why someone would be against certain
religions. The theology of the Abrahamic religions, for instance, is
largely sectarian nonsense.

But to deny the obvious intelligent design observable in nature, to
actually suggest the world created itself out of a bunch of chemicals,
that's just plain dumb.

Of course, only God can prove who He is, but there is ample empiric
proof of His existence. The irreducible complexity of living organisms
is the logical proof of the Intelligent Design of nature. So ID is a
direct, observable fact of nature. Thus, the irreducible complexity in
a single cell, is the empirical proof of God.

Irreducible complexity is like a car engine, where all the parts of
the engine are interdependent in their functions. The cylinders
function only in combination with the pistons, the pistons function
only in connection with the spark plugs, the spark plugs depend on the
electric system for their function, and son on. All the components of
the engine work only in combination with each-other.

In other words, a car engine is only functional as a complete unit. If
one component fails, the whole engine fails. Hence the term
irreducible complexity. Irreducible Complexity disproves the idea of
evolution - that the world evolved naturally with no principle of a
guiding intelligence behind it.

IOW, the idea that abiogenesis and evolution, with no guiding
intelligence behind it, produced all the living species, is basically
an affront to a working intellect.

To say, like atheists do, that the universe created itself out of a
bunch of chemicals, is like saying that a Mercedes Benz created itself
without any creative intelligence behind it.

Professor Werner Gitt, who works in the field of information science
writes:

"There is no known natural law through which matter can give rise to
information, neither is there any physical process or material
phenomenon known that can do this. All languages, alphabets, and codes
that we know of, as well as the information spoken or written in them,
originated in minds. The blind faith of the atheist that the first
life was an exception to this fact is contrary to all known evidence."

(Werner Gitt, In the Beginning Was Information, 1997, p. 79)

In my mind, however, apart from the fact that the Intelligent Design
observable in nature is proof of God, and, say, if one's brain is not
equipped to handle logic and reason, the best proof of God is that you
become totally happy by adding Krishna to your life.

Someone may object - you also become happy by smoking some dope or
winning the lottery, or having sex, what's the difference? How is that
proof of God?

The thing about bodily or mental pleasures, though, is that they don't
make the soul happy. Connecting to Krishna makes the soul happy, and
contrary to sense-gratification, which always ends in misery and
leaves you frustrated, the happiness of the soul is a constant fact.
Not only does the happiness of the soul not end, it only increases
more and more. It's a deep and lasting bliss that is never interrupted
by suffering.

Sure, you may break a leg, your wife may leave you, your children may
think you're a complete loser, or you may be depressed due to lack of
money, but the deep satisfaction of Krishna consciousness, once
established, never leaves the heart. And that's the proof that Krishna
is God.

So, as the saying goes - the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Krishna says:

O learned Uddhava, those who fix their consciousness on Me, giving up
all material desires, share with Me a happiness that cannot possibly
be experienced by those engaged in sense gratification.

--Srimad Bhagavatam 11.14.12
Harry Krishna
2021-06-08 13:13:56 UTC
In fact, the last thing an atheist wants, is proof of God.
That's a pretty sorry excuse for your utter failure to produce any
evidence of God, Jesper.
Christopher A. Lee
2021-06-08 15:54:49 UTC
On Tue, 08 Jun 2021 09:13:56 -0400, Harry Krishna
Post by Harry Krishna
In fact, the last thing an atheist wants, is proof of God.
That's a pretty sorry excuse for your utter failure to produce any
evidence of God, Jesper.
The deliberately button-pushing, proven serial liar knows we don't
"want" it because we know there isn't any - it's to get him to STFU
and stop pestering us because he can't provide any.
Jahnu
2021-06-11 02:50:38 UTC
On Tue, 08 Jun 2021 10:54:49 -0500, Christopher A. Lee
Post by Christopher A. Lee
The deliberately button-pushing, proven serial liar knows we don't
"want" it because we know there isn't any - it's to get him to STFU
and stop pestering us because he can't provide any.
Britboy, didn't you hear? You must have me confused with someone who
gives a shit what you think. I'm only here to kick your atheist ass,
prove how dumb it makes you to be an atheist

Krishna says:

Material nature consists of three modes - goodness, passion and
ignorance. When the eternal living entity comes in contact with
nature, O mighty-armed Arjuna, he becomes conditioned by these modes.
- Bg 14.5

O sinless one, the mode of goodness, being purer than the others, is
illuminating, and it frees one from all sinful reactions. Those
situated in that mode become conditioned by a sense of happiness and
knowledge. - Bg 14.6

The mode of passion is born of unlimited desires and longings, O son
of Kunti, and because of this the embodied living entity is bound to
material fruitive actions. - Bg 14.7

O son of Bharata, know that the mode of darkness, born of ignorance,
is the delusion of all embodied living entities. The results of this
mode are madness, indolence and sleep, which bind the conditioned
soul. - Bg 14.8

O son of Bharata, the mode of goodness conditions one to happiness;
passion conditions one to fruitive action; and ignorance, covering
one's knowledge, binds one to madness. - Bg 14.9

Sometimes the mode of goodness becomes prominent, defeating the modes
of passion and ignorance, O son of Bharata. Sometimes the mode of
passion defeats goodness and ignorance, and at other times ignorance
defeats goodness and passion. In this way there is always competition
for supremacy. - Bg 14.10

The manifestation of the mode of goodness can be experienced when all
the gates of the body are illuminated by knowledge. - Bg 14.11

O chief of the Bharatas, when there is an increase in the mode of
passion the symptoms of great attachment, fruitive activity, intense
endeavor, and uncontrollable desire and hankering develop. -Bg 14.12

When there is an increase in the mode of ignorance, O son of Kuru,
darkness, inertia, madness and illusion are manifested. - Bg 14.13

When one dies in the mode of goodness, he attains to the pure higher
planets of the great sages. -Bg 14.14

When one dies in the mode of passion, he takes birth among those
engaged in fruitive activities; and when one dies in the mode of
ignorance, he takes birth in the animal kingdom. - Bg 14.15

The result of pious action is pure and is said to be in the mode of
goodness. But action done in the mode of passion results in misery,
and action performed in the mode of ignorance results in foolishness.
- Bg 14.16

From the mode of goodness, real knowledge develops; from the mode of
passion, greed develops; and from the mode of ignorance develop
foolishness, madness and illusion. - Bg 14.17

Those situated in the mode of goodness gradually go upward to the
higher planets; those in the mode of passion live on the earthly
planets; and those in the abominable mode of ignorance go down to the
hellish worlds. - Bg 14.18

When one properly sees that in all activities no other performer is at
work than these modes of nature and he knows the Supreme Lord, who is
transcendental to all these modes, he attains My spiritual nature. -Bg
14.19

When the embodied being is able to transcend these three modes
associated with the material body, he can become free from birth,
death, old age and their distresses and can enjoy nectar even in this
life. -Bg 14.20.
%
oh i see now , you're a racist and you're predjudice
Ted
Yep, that's Jesper.
Harry Krishna
2021-06-11 13:07:47 UTC
Post by Christopher A. Lee
The deliberately button-pushing, proven serial liar knows we don't
"want" it because we know there isn't any - it's to get him to STFU
and stop pestering us because he can't provide any.
Britboy, didn't you hear? You must have me confused with someone who
gives a shit what you think. I'm only here to kick your atheist ass,
You poor, delusional fool. In 25 years, the only ass you've managed to
kick is your own. The problem is the same as always: you somehow think
you can bluff people who are smarter and more knowledgeable than you.
Reality check: you can't. And you never will.
Jahnu
2021-06-11 22:08:12 UTC
bitch moan whine
God is fully enjoying His pastimes in the spiritual world, He has
absolutely no interest in His material creation. When Krishna wants to
play God, He expands as Vishnu who then creates material nature.
Nature works according to strict laws, and in nature the embodied
living beings suffer or enjoy according to their activities.

Material creation is under the law of karma, and God doesn't interfere
with that. In the material world we are free to be good or evil as we
like, and reap the results accordingly.

Mean-while, while we live and die repeatedly in material creation,
Krishna is enjoying His eternal pastimes. Krishna is even so kind that
he invites us to come back home and take part in His eternal pastimes.
Only Krishna can release us from samsara - the endless cycle of birth
and death.

Our real life begins when we petition Krishna to release us from
samsara and allow us to rejoin Him Goloka (Vaikuntha).

Krishna says:

From the highest planet in the material world down to the lowest, all
are places of misery wherein repeated birth and death take place. But
one who attains to My abode, O son of Kunti, never takes birth again.
(Bg 8.16)

By human calculation, a thousand ages taken together form the duration
of Brahma's one day. And such also is the duration of his night. (Bg
8.17)

At the beginning of Brahma's day, all living entities become manifest
from the unmanifest state, and thereafter, when the night falls, they
are merged into the unmanifest again. (Bg 8.18)

Again and again, when Brahma's day arrives, all living entities come
into being, and with the arrival of Brahma's night they are helplessly
annihilated. (Bg 8.19)

Yet there is another unmanifest nature, which is eternal and is
transcendental to this manifested and unmanifested matter. It is
supreme and is never annihilated. When all in this world is
annihilated, that part remains as it is. (Bg 8.20)
Harry Krishna
2021-06-15 12:47:36 UTC
Like you abandoning your dharma as a householder, Jesper?
Jahnu
2021-06-16 03:24:05 UTC
bitch moan whine
The consequences of living in the material world is death. Regardless
of whether one is living a heavenly life or a hellish life, the end
result is death. Whether it’s a world dedicated to materialism, like
now a days, or a world bent on religion, death is the ultimate
consequence.

So a person can either dedicate himself to piety or impiety, and stay
in the cycle of birth and death, or he can dedicate Himself to
Krishna, and break free from samsara. He will still have to die, but
it will be his last death. After that - eternal enjoyment in union
with God.

But as long as long as we opt to support the institutions of the
modern world, either directly, like the demons, or indirectly by just
being mindless consumers, we will not only have to suffer in this
life, but next life, as well.

Speaking of institutions, I was struck by a string of verses spoken by
God in the 16th chapter of Bhagavad Gita. It is such an amazingly
accurate description of modern society and its institution. Mind you,
this was spoken 5000 years ago. There is truly nothing new under the
sun.

First Krishna describes atheists in general. It’s quite telling that
the description in verse 7 fits the vast majority of people on the
planet, regardless of their cast, creed, or faith.

Krishna says:

Those who are demoniac do not know what is to be done and what is not
to be done. Neither cleanliness nor proper behavior nor truth is found
in them. (Bg 16.7)

Before someone balks at this, let me remind you that in the western
culture, people wipe their backsides with paper, rather than taking a
shower, after taking a crap.

And in the west, the first thing people were hoarding from the shops,
at the outset of the corona-crisis, was toilet paper. On the news was
shown videos of people fighting over toilet paper in Super markets.

Proper behavior? Cleanliness? I don’t think so… what kind of demon
culture will teach its population to wipe their ass with paper rather
water, after number two?

Actually, only the next verse, verse 8, can be said to refer to people
entirely without faith in God.

They say that this world is unreal, with no foundation, no God in
control. They say it is produced of sex desire and has no cause other
than lust. (Bg. 16.8)

Then Krishna says:

Following such conclusions, the demoniac, who are lost to themselves
and who have no intelligence, engage in unbeneficial, horrible works
meant to destroy the world. (Bg. 16.9)

This verse easily fits people of so-called faith

Organized crime and gangs fit the next description. In Cosa Nostra,
for instance, people are typically catholic.

They believe that to gratify the senses is the prime necessity of
human civilization. Thus until the end of life their anxiety is
immeasurable. Bound by a network of hundreds of thousands of desires
and absorbed in lust and anger, they secure money by illegal means for
sense gratification. (Bg. 16.11-12)

Next is a perfect description of the Vatican. The line of popes all
the way back to the Borgias, seem to have sprung right out of Bhagavad
Gita. You will actually be hard pressed to find a more depraved bunch
than the rulers of the Vatican. Listen to this. It’s like a script to
The Borgias:

The demoniac person thinks: "So much wealth do I have today, and I
will gain more according to my schemes. So much is mine now, and it
will increase in the future, more and more. He is my enemy, and I have
killed him, and my other enemies will also be killed. I am the lord of
everything. I am the enjoyer. I am perfect, powerful and happy. I am
the richest man, surrounded by aristocratic relatives. There is none
so powerful and happy as I am. I shall perform sacrifices, I shall
give some charity, and thus I shall rejoice." In this way, such
persons are deluded by ignorance. (Bg. 16. 13-15)

Here is to people in general of the Abrahamic faiths.

Bewildered by false ego, strength, pride, lust and anger, the demons
become envious of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is situated
in their own bodies and in the bodies of others, and blaspheme against
the real religion. (Bg. 16.18)

I do sound a bit harsh, don’t I? How does that fit with Srila
Prabhupada’s directive to not criticize other religions?

I’m not criticizing other religions, per se, though, I’m criticizing
people who are masquerading as religious people, people who commit
ungodly deeds in the name of God.

Srila Prabhupada was certainly not shy in pointing out how so-called
religious people don’t actually follow their religion.

Srila Prabhupada said two things - Bible and Koran? Low class
scripture for low class people, and he said that anyone with no faith
in the Vedas is an atheist.

Krishna says:

Those miscreants who are grossly foolish, who are lowest among
mankind, whose knowledge is stolen by illusion, and who partake of the
atheistic nature of demons do not surrender unto Me. (Bg 7.15 )

He who discards scriptural injunctions and acts according to his own
whims attains neither perfection, nor happiness, nor the supreme
destination. (Bg. 16.23)

One should therefore understand what is duty and what is not duty by
the regulations of the scriptures. Knowing such rules and regulations,
one should act so that he may gradually be elevated. (Bg. 16.24)
Harry Krishna
2021-06-16 12:55:51 UTC
End of story. The rest is nonsense.
Christopher A. Lee
2021-06-16 14:05:43 UTC
Somebody remind the imbecile t hat everybody dies eventually.
Jahnu
2021-06-17 04:39:01 UTC
bitch moan whine
To say that belief in God is no more than superstition is just
foolish. To suggest that humanity, since the beginning of time, has
been devoted to a superstition, is at best a baseless, unintelligent
assertion.

A common saying by atheists is that belief in God is no different than
believing in Santa Claus or the tooth fairy. Statements like that
clearly show the damage atheism does to the mind.

The most brilliant thinkers, philosophers, and scientists throughout
history have advocated beleif in God. Do you know of any intelligent
person or scientist who believes in the tooth fairy?

To think that likening Santa Claus to God is a valid comparison simply
exposes you as an unthinking, suggestible person. Another popular
pastime of atheists is to reject God on the basis of the Abrahamic
religions they grew up with.

That’s just another facet of ignorance, widespread in the modern
world. Who wouldn’t reject a God who could do no better than the Bible
or the Koran, or the Talmud, for that matter?

Here is what Krishna has to say about such people:

Harry Krishna
2021-06-17 13:25:43 UTC
Post by Jahnu
A common saying by atheists is that belief in God is no different than
believing in Santa Claus or the tooth fairy. Statements like that
clearly show the damage atheism does to the mind
Were you born without a sense of irony, or did ISKCON remove it when
they brainwashed you?
Jahnu
2021-06-19 03:50:41 UTC
bitch moan whine
"As long as there are slaughter-houses, there will be battlefields. A
vegetarian diet is the acid test of humanitarian." -- Leo Tolstoy
Harry Krishna
2021-06-21 13:12:24 UTC
You're preaching to the choir, Jesper, I'm still a vegetarian.
Jahnu
2021-06-23 02:27:03 UTC
Post by Harry Krishna
You're preaching to the choir, Jesper, I'm still a vegetarian.
Lying little shit. Can you prove you're a vegatarian, Hairyboy?

TRIBUTES TO HINDUISM

1. Mahatma Gandhi:

"Hinduism has made marvelous discoveries in things of
religion, of the spirit, of the soul. We have no eye for
these great and fine discoveries. We are dazzled by the
material progress that western science has made. Ancient
India has survived because Hinduism was not developed
along material but spiritual lines.

"India is to me the dearest country in the world, because
I have discovered goodness in it. It has been subject to
foreign rule, it is true. But the status of a slave is
preferable to that of a slave holder."

2. Henry David Thoreau:

"In the morning I bathe my intellect in the stupendous
and cosmogonal philosophy of the Bhagavad Gita in
comparison with which our modern world and its literature
seems puny.

"What extracts from the Vedas I have read fall on me like
the light of a higher and purer luminary, which describes
a loftier course through purer stratum. It rises on me
like the full moon after the stars have come out, wading
through some far stratum in the sky."

3. Arthur Schopenhauer:

"In the whole world there is no study so beneficial and
so elevating as that of the Upanishads. It has been the
solace of my life -- it will be the solace of my death."

4. Ralph Waldo Emerson said this about the Gita:

"I owed a magnificent day to the Bhagavad Gita. It was as
if an empire spoke to us, nothing small or unworthy, but
large, serene, consistent, the voice of an old
intelligence which in another age and climate had
pondered and thus disposed of the same questions which
exercise us."

The famous poem "Brahm" is an example of his Vedanta
ecstasy.

5. Wilhelm von Humboldt pronounced the Gita as:

"The most beautiful, perhaps the only true philosophical
song existing in any known tongue ... perhaps the deepest
and loftiest thing the world has to show."

6. Lord Warren Hastings, the Governor General, was very
much impressed with Hindu philosophy:

"The writers of the Indian philosophies will survive,
when the British dominion in India shall long have ceased
to exist, and when the sources which it yielded of wealth
and power are lost to remembrances."

7. Mark Twain:

"So far as I am able to judge, nothing has been left
undone, either by man or nature, to make India the most
extraordinary country that the sun visits on his rounds.
Nothing seems to have been forgotten, nothing overlooked.

"Land of religions, cradle of human race, birthplace of
human speech, grandmother of legend, great grandmother of
tradition. The land that all men desire to see and having
seen once even by a glimpse, would not give that glimpse
for the shows of the rest of the globe combined."

8. Rudyard Kipling to Fundamental Christian Missionaries:

"Now it is not good for the Christian's health to hustle
the Hindu brown for the Christian riles and the Hindu
smiles and weareth the Christian down; and the end of the
fight is a tombstone while with the name of the late
deceased and the epitaph drear, "A fool lies here who
tried to hustle the east".

9. Jules Michelet, a French historian, said:

"At its starting point in India, the birthplace of races
and religions, the womb of the world." This is what he
said of the Raamyana in 1864: "Whoever has done or willed
too much let him drink from this deep cup a long draught
of life and youth .. . Everything is narrow in the West -
- Greece is small and I stifle; Judea is dry and I pant.
Let me look toward lofty Asia, and the profound East for
a little while. There lies my great poem, as vast as the
Indian ocean, blessed, gilded with the sun, the book of
divine harmony wherein is no dissonance. A serene peace
reigns there, and in the midst of conflict an infinite
sweetness, a boundless fraternity, which spreads over all
living things, an ocean (without bottom or bound) of
love, of pity, of clemency."

10. Shri Aurobindo:

"Hinduism.....gave itself no name, because it set itself
no sectarian limits; it claimed no universal adhesion,
asserted no sole infallible dogma, set up no single
narrow path or gate of salvation; it was less a creed or
cult than a continuously enlarging tradition of the
Godward endeavor of the human spirit. An immense many-
sided and many staged provision for a spiritual self-
building and self-finding, it had some right to speak of
itself by the only name it knew, the eternal religion,
sanaatan dharm...."

11. Will Durant would like the West to learn from India,
tolerance and gentleness and love for all living things:

"Perhaps in return for conquest, arrogance and
spoliation, India will teach us the tolerance and
gentleness of the mature mind, the quiet content of the
unacquisitive soul, the calm of the understanding spirit,
and a unifying, a pacifying love for all living things."

12. Joseph Campbell:

"It is ironic that our great western civilization, which
has opened to the minds of all mankind the infinite
wonders of a universe of untold billions of galaxies
should be saddled with the tightest little cosmological
image known to mankind? The Hindus with their grandiose
Kalpas and their ideas of the divine power which is
beyond all human category (male or female). Not so alien
to the imagery of modern science that it could not have
been put to acceptable use.

"There is an important difference between the Hindu and
the Western ideas. In the Biblical tradition, God creates
man, but man cannot say that he is divine in the same
sense that the Creator is, where as in Hinduism, all
things are incarnations of that power. We are the sparks
from a single fire. And we are all fire. Hinduism
believes in the omnipresence of the Supreme God in every
individual. There is no 'fall'. Man is not cut off from
the divine. He requires only to bring the spontaneous
activity of his mind stuff to a state of stillness and he
will experience that divine principle with him."

13. Sir Monier-Williams:

The Hindus, according to him, were Spinozists more than
2,000 years before the advent of Spinoza, and Darwinians
many centuries before Darwin and Evolutionists many
centuries before the doctrine of Evolution was accepted
by scientists of the present age.

14. Carl Sagan, (the late scientist), asserts that the
dance of Nataraj signifies the cycle of evolution and
destruction of the cosmic universe (Big Bang Theory). "It
is the clearest image of the activity of God which any
art or religion can boast of."

15. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, a professor of Eastern
Religions at Oxford and later President of India:

"Hinduism is not just a faith. It is the union of reason
and intuition that cannot be defined but is only to be
experienced. Evil and error are not ultimate. There is no
Hell, for that means there is a place where God is not,
and there are sins which exceed his love."

1. Sage Kapil Muni who propounded the system of Sankhya Yoga, which is
based on ” systematic enumeration and rational examination” of the
universe.

2. Sage Kannada who propounded the system of Vaisheshika, which is
classified in nine basic realities (earth, water, light, air, ether,
time, space, soul and mind) to analyse the nature of the world.

3. Sage Patanjali who propounded Yoga by which one transcends the
world by linking with the Supreme.

4. Physicians - Charaka, Madhava-kara, Nagarjuna, Sushruta, Vagbhata

5. Mathematicians - Baudhayana sutras, Katyayana, Manava, Pa?ini,
Pingala, Vararuchi

6. Astrologers - Aryabhatt, Varaha Mihir, Bhaskaracharya, etc.

There are many more examples, the above is just an indication. Please
see below some quotes from modern scientists about Hindusim.

But the supreme scientist is Lord Krishna Himself. Dr Svarupa Damodara
Dasa Ph.D very expertly elucidates this in his article ‘Perceiving the
Existence of the Supreme Scientist, Lord Sri Krishna.”

Perceiving the Existence of the Supreme Scientist, Lord Sri Krishna |
Krishna.org

Albert Einstein
“We owe a lot to the Indians, who taught us how to count, without
which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made.”

Thoreau (American Thinker)

“Whenever I have read any part of the Vedas, I have felt that some
unearthly and unknown light illuminated me. In the great teaching of
the Vedas, there is no
touch of sectarianism. It is of all ages, climbs, and nationalities
and is the royal road for the attainment of the Great Knowledge.”

W. Heisenberg (German Physicist, 1901-1976)

“The Vedanta and the Sankhya hold the key to the laws of mind and
thought process which are co-related to the Quantum Field, i.e. the
operation and distribution of particles at atomic and molecular
levels.”

Prof. Brian David Josephson (1940 – ) Welsh physicist, the youngest
Nobel Laureate

” It is India that gave us the ingenious method of expressing all
numbers by ten symbols, each receiving a value of position as well as
an absolute value, a profound and important idea which appears so
simple to us now that we ignore its true merit. But its very
simplicity, the great ease which it has lent to all computations, puts
our arithmetic in the first rank of useful inventions, and we shall
appreciate the grandeur of this achievement the more when we remember
that it escaped the genius of Archimedes and Appollonius, two of the
greatest men produced by antiquity.”

Pierre Simon de Laplace, French mathematician, philosopher, and
astronomer:

Vedas(Old Sanskrit writings ) say that when SCIENCE ENDS SPIRITUALITY
BEGINS!Most of the scientific conclusions now being put forth by some
very acknowledged scientists were already mentioned by LORD KRISHNA in
HIS SONG, the BHAGWAD GITA.
Harry Krishna
2021-06-23 12:27:59 UTC
Post by Jahnu
Post by Harry Krishna
You're preaching to the choir, Jesper, I'm still a vegetarian.
Lying little shit. Can you prove you're a vegatarian, Hairyboy?
No, and you can't prove you are either, you fucking idiot, so what
exactly is your point?
Jahnu
2021-06-24 05:41:56 UTC
bitch moan whine
Krishna says:

Those who are seers of the truth have concluded that of the
non-existent [the material body] there is no endurance and of the
eternal [the soul] there is no change. This they have concluded by
studying the nature of both. (Bg. 2.16)

So according to Krishna's definition, reality is that which is eternal
and unreality, or illusion, is that which is temporary. Note that
illusion does exist, but it is unreal in the sense that it's not
eternal.

Someone may object - if I smash my head into a wall, the pain I feel
is very real. How can it not be real? But if seen in the light of
eternity it is not real. For instance, I may break my leg today, but
10 years from now it will not be real, what to speak of 100 years from
now. It will be as if it never happened.

So illusion exists, it is not false or fictional, but the reason it is
not considered real is because it is not eternal. It's like a dream. A
dream happens, but when we wake up, we understand it was not real.
Life in a material body is like that - dream-like. Say, we have a real
nice meal today, a week from now, it will be no more real to us than
had it been a dream.

That’s how life in a material body is like a dream. We'll realize
that, if not before, then at the time of death. Death will be a rude
awakening for the atheist.

So reality and illusion are defined by time. One is eternal the other
is temporary. And if you think about it, it makes sense. Anything seen
in the light of eternity will be manifested for such a short flicker
in time, that it is as if it didn't really happen.

Brahma, the god of creation, is said to live as long as the universe
lasts - which is calculated to be 311 trillion solar years. So if you
live for such an unfathomable length of time, then imagine what a
person's life-span on earth of, say, 80 years must look like. I don't
even live a second from Brahma's point of view. How real would a
person be to you, if he existed for a second? Think about it.

If you take 80 years out of 311 trillion years it is such a miniscule
portion of time, that for all practical purposes it might as well not
have happened. But then again, if you take Brahma's lifespan and
compare it to eternal time, it is just as little. However long time is
taken out of eternal time, it will still amount to nothing.

The duration of the universe will make a lifespan on earth seem
completely insignificant, and the cosmic time of millions, billions,
and trillions of years will seem totally inconsequential and
insignificant from the angle of eternal time. So in the light of
eternity, anything that is not eternal is but an illusory glimpse.
That's how one can understand that anything which has a beginning and
an end is illusory. Only that which is eternal is real.

Now, in this world, what is then real, someone might ask. We don't
have any experience of something that lasts forever, do we? Yes we do.
The only thing, that lasts forever is the conscious self. The soul is
eternal, so in the material world the only real thing is ourselves,
our real selves, the soul, anything else, including our body and mind,
is temporary, and thus illusory.

That's why self-realization, according to Vaishnava theology, means to
realize one's eternal self beyond the temporary body and mind. Krishna
gives a brilliant argument in the Bhagavad Gita to help a thoughtful
person experience his eternal self.

A person's body goes through different stages of infancy, childhood,
youth, old age and finally death. But during all these changes of the
body and the mind, the self (the inner sense of I-feeling), or the
inner observer remains constant. I am the same ‘me’ when I’m young as
when I’m old. That's one way we can logically understand we are
eternal.

The human life-form is unique in the sense that it allows the self to
understand its own eternity. So the purpose of human life is to
connect with the eternal self. If one is simply absorbed in the body
and its demands, one is wasting this valuable opportunity - an
opportunity that is only available in the human life-form. Eating,
sleeping, mating and defending, the soul can do in any life-form, only
in the human form can the self connect with eternity, ie. reality.

Krishna says:

Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor all these
kings; nor in the future shall any of us cease to be. (Bg 2.12)

As the embodied soul continuously passes, in this body, from boyhood
to youth to old age, the soul similarly passes into another body at
death. A sober person is not bewildered by such a change. (Bg 2.13)

JWS
2021-06-03 11:17:12 UTC
https://scroll.in/article/964427/94-million-indians-are-at-greater-risk-from-coronavirus-because-of-lack-of-access-to-clean-water
https://tinyurl.com/5y7fjkbw
JWS
2021-05-24 15:04:14 UTC
Does God exist on our planet?
The Ozone Layer keeps him out.
Cloud Hobbit
2021-06-01 21:19:57 UTC
Post by Jahnu
God exists in every atom of the universe. God is personally present
where ever His name is chanted.
By "our planet" you must mean your planet.
I can't answer that question without some evidence that
would cause you to believe that gods are possible.
On our planet, earth, there is zero evidence of any god or gods,
therefore the only reasonable, rational conclusion is that there
is no such thing as god or gods. It's all just ignorant crap
from ignorant people to explain things they didn't understand.
Oh shit, we had a drought, there must be a god who controls
the rain and he is pissed.

You're a few thousand years behind the times.
You're also an ignorant bastard who pointlessly posts your
Religious nonsense in an atheist NG, where absolutely nobody
will ever be moved to want to join your cult. It obviously gas not made
you smarter or less obnoxious.

There are no gods unless we create them.