The Clash Of The Apostolic Traditions
Add Reply
Your Founding Fathers Erred
2018-11-08 19:17:21 UTC
Unitarians Versus Trinitarians
Christianity: Islam Versus Catholicism
Circumcised Versus Uncircumcised

I have said many a time here on this group and I am saying it again how the Son-Of-Godistes reading of history doesn't reflect the content of the Bible.
We are told in the Acts of the Apostles that the disciples of the Lord were called for the first time Christians in Antioch of Syria...
Nothing in that text indicates that TRINITY was a part of their belief. But we know that they were all persecuted for their FAITH and fled Jerusalem for Antioch.
Olrik
2018-11-09 04:25:47 UTC
INGREDIENTS
1/4 cup olive or vegetable
oil
5 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp fresh rosemary
leaves
1/4 cup fresh sage leaves
2 lb center cut boneless
pork loin
1 1/4 cups dry white wine
Kosher salt and freshly
ground black pepper
1/2 cup chicken broth or
stock
1/2 cup heavy cream

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Saute the
garlic, rosemary and sage, stirring, for about one minute. Add the pork
loin to the pan, carefully placing it on top of the herbs. Saute the pork
for about 5 minutes on each side, then remove it to a plate. Add the
wine to the pan and use a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of the
pan. Cook until the smell of the alcohol has disappeared, about 1 to 2
minutes.
2. Lower the heat under the pan to low-medium heat. Return the pork to
the pan and season with salt and pepper. Partially cover with a lid and
cook for about 1 1/2 hours (probably less if you're using pork
tenderloins), flipping the pork and scraping the bottom of the pan every
20 minutes or so. Keep an eye on it, making sure there continues to be
some liquid in the pan. Add 1/4 cup of warm water if necessary.
3. When the pork is cooked through (if you want to test with a
thermometer, it should be about 140-145° internal temperature.)
Remove pork to a cutting board to rest and cover with loosely with a
sheet of aluminum foil to help retain the heat while it rests.
4. Meanwhile, increase the heat under the liquid in the pan to medium. If
your pan has little liquid, deglaze with a splash of white wine. Stir well
to loosen the browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Allow to cook until
the alcohol smell disappears (about 1-2 minutes). Add the chicken stock
and stir to combine. Heat over medium heat a few minutes, to allow the
chicken stock to heat through a bit. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add
the cream. Heat gently over medium-low heat, stirring the sauce
constantly, until it thickens a bit and is warmed through. Avoid
vigorously boiling. A gentle simmer is fine. (*If your sauce doesn't
thicken up, mix 2 Tbsp. cornstarch with 2 Tbsp. water and add a bit at a
time to your sauce until it thickens to your liking.) Taste sauce and add
salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste.
5. When the sauce is ready, slice the pork very thinly and place on to a
serving platter. Pour the warm gravy over-top to serve.

For 8 muslims, or 4 people
--
Olrik
aa #1981
EAC Chief Food Inspector, Bacon Division
The Chief Castrator Of The Jews
2018-11-09 21:39:34 UTC
We follow the light which burst forth from Bethlehem and not that of Voltaire....
Kevrob
2018-11-10 02:36:17 UTC
Post by Olrik
Kosher salt and freshly
ground black pepper
The kosher salt is a nice touch.

Would sea salt, coarsely ground during preparation,
do just as nicely?
Post by Olrik
For 8 muslims, or 4 people
I doubt that's accurate. Those who are forbidden by their
religions to partake in something usually grab the lion's
share when they decide to go sinning. You might say they will
go "whole hog."

Olrik
2018-11-10 04:36:02 UTC
Post by Olrik
Kosher salt and freshly
ground black pepper
The kosher salt is a nice touch.
Would sea salt, coarsely ground during preparation,
do just as nicely?
Depends... Kosher salt is just bigger crystals of salt, so by volume
it's less salty. Replacing it (by volume) with smaller salt crystals
(sea or otherwise) might result in a mush saltier result.
Post by Kevrob
Post by Olrik
For 8 muslims, or 4 people
I doubt that's accurate.
It's a joke.
Post by Kevrob
Those who are forbidden by their
religions to partake in something usually grab the lion's
share when they decide to go sinning. You might say they will
go "whole hog.
Most muslims I knew that were not practising did drink and did not shy
away from pepperoni or bacon, but drew the line at pork roast or chop.
Go figure!
Don Martin
2018-11-10 15:35:08 UTC
Post by Olrik
Kosher salt and freshly
ground black pepper
The kosher salt is a nice touch.
Would sea salt, coarsely ground during preparation,
do just as nicely?
Not really. Kosher salt is somehow fluffier than sea salt; this can
be tested by weighing equal volumes of each. The latter would make
the dish saltier, if measures are specified.
Post by Kevrob
Post by Olrik
For 8 muslims, or 4 people
I doubt that's accurate. Those who are forbidden by their
religions to partake in something usually grab the lion's
share when they decide to go sinning. You might say they will
go "whole hog."
The Jews have a saying, "If you _must_ eat pork, get a bellyful!"
2018-11-10 16:19:50 UTC
Post by Olrik
For 8 muslims, or 4 people
I doubt that's accurate. Those who are forbidden by their
religions to partake in something usually grab the lion's
share when they decide to go sinning. You might say they will
go "whole hog."
My youngest sibling's first husband was Jewish, When she brought him
round for Sunday dinner, my mother asked him what he would like....

"Ham"

"But, I thought...."

"I like it but my own mother won't serve it because it's not kosher"
The Chief Castrator Of The Jews
2018-11-10 18:55:00 UTC
Post by Olrik
Kosher salt and freshly
ground black pepper
The kosher salt is a nice touch.
Would sea salt, coarsely ground during preparation,
do just as nicely?
In the Orient and particularly in the Sassanid empire, rulers usually drop their birth name to take up a kind of reign name. Popes imported that tradition in the WEST. That is how Jean Paul II dropped his Polish name for the name of the Apostles whom the Qur'an calls disciples, Messiah being the the true Apostle...
So how do you rename yourself after The Messiah, the true Apostle, like the popes do by taking up the name of John, Peter, or Paul....?
That's where the Title Mohammad comes in as Euphemism for Messiah.
This is NOT about religion but about understanding Oriental Civilization, unfortunately atheists seem so confused to the point of not willing to learn new tricks. To Hell With Michelle Obama
Olrik
2018-11-11 04:26:45 UTC
Post by The Chief Castrator Of The Jews
Post by Kevrob
Post by Olrik
Kosher salt and freshly
ground black pepper
The kosher salt is a nice touch.
Would sea salt, coarsely ground during preparation,
do just as nicely?
In the Orient and particularly in the Sassanid empire,
Nobody cares. And we were talking about salt. Pay attention, you deviant
little fuck.
Hollis Brown Jr.
2018-11-10 16:25:53 UTC
Post by Your Founding Fathers Erred
Circumcised Versus Uncircumcised
I doubt anyone cares what you have for breakfast. Just make your choice.