Africa splitting into two?
Amazing Answers
2018-04-05 04:55:26 UTC
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/939516/kenya-rift-valley-Africa-splitting-in-two-rifting
Yap Honghor
2018-04-05 08:58:56 UTC
Post by Amazing Answers
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/939516/kenya-rift-valley-Africa-splitting-in-two-rifting
If I were you donkey, I would have claimed that is the work of your pixie....
Malte Runz
2018-04-05 21:03:24 UTC
On Thu, 5 Apr 2018 01:58:56 -0700 (PDT), Yap Honghor
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Amazing Answers
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/939516/kenya-rift-valley-Africa-splitting-in-two-rifting
If I were you donkey, I would have claimed that is the work of your pixie....
Ol' Jahway having a crack at terra shaping.
Malte Runz
Malte Runz
2018-04-05 20:59:14 UTC
On Wed, 4 Apr 2018 21:55:26 -0700 (PDT), Amazing Answers
Post by Amazing Answers
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/939516/kenya-rift-valley-Africa-splitting-in-two-rifting
And...?
Malte Runz
Gronk
2018-04-06 03:36:08 UTC
Post by Amazing Answers
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/939516/kenya-rift-valley-Africa-splitting-in-two-rifting
Technically old news. from 2014

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/a-superplume-is-the-reason-africa-is-splitting-apart/

Africa is splitting in two. The reason: a geologic rift runs along the
eastern side of the continent that one day, many millions of years in the
future, will be replaced with an ocean. Scientists have argued for decades
about what is causing this separation of tectonic plates. Geophysicists
thought it was a superplume, a giant section of the earth's mantle that
carries heat from near the core up to the crust. As evidence, they pointed
to two large plateaus (one in Ethiopia and one in Kenya) that they said
were created when a superplume pushed up the mantle. Geochemists were not
able to confirm that theory. Instead they thought there might be two
small, unrelated plumes pushing up the plateaus individually. The theories
did not align, says David Hilton, a geochemist at the Scripps Institution
of Oceanography in La Jolla, Calif. “There was a mismatch between the
chemistry and the physics.”

So in 2006 and 2011 Hilton headed to East Africa to see whether he could
lay the argument to rest.
Malcolm McMahon
2018-04-09 13:17:04 UTC
Post by Amazing Answers
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/939516/kenya-rift-valley-Africa-splitting-in-two-rifting
Gives you a sense of how small a part of the history of the planet the whole of
human history is, of how little the Earth will mourne our passing.

Geology is always on the move, we're just too emphemeral to notice except when
the Earth shivers and our buildings fall down.
Kevrob
2018-04-09 17:42:07 UTC
Post by Amazing Answers
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/939516/kenya-rift-valley-Africa-splitting-in-two-rifting
Gives you a sense of how small a part of the history of the planet the whole of
human history is, of how little the Earth will mourne our passing.
Geology is always on the move, we're just too emphemeral to notice except when
the Earth shivers and our buildings fall down.
Is this why Cody uses at least 2 nyms? One for each
"half" of the Dark Continents-to-be?

Kevin R
Alex W.
2018-04-09 23:50:16 UTC
Post by Amazing Answers
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/939516/kenya-rift-valley-Africa-splitting-in-two-rifting
Gives you a sense of how small a part of the history of the planet the whole of
human history is, of how little the Earth will mourne our passing.
Geology is always on the move, we're just too emphemeral to notice except when
the Earth shivers and our buildings fall down.
“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”
(PTerry Pratchett)
Slaveholders Can Tell Me Nothing About Human Right
2018-04-09 18:04:44 UTC
Africa splitting into two?
Why you care? And what can you do about it anyway?
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/939516/kenya-rift-valley-Africa-splitting-in-two-rifting
hypatiab7
2018-04-10 02:19:08 UTC
Post by Slaveholders Can Tell Me Nothing About Human Right
Africa splitting into two?
Why you care? And what can you do about it anyway?
It's not going to happen for millions of years. Why do you care? Even
if you do move back to your original country, the future Earth cha cha
won't affect you.
%
2018-04-10 02:33:36 UTC
Post by Slaveholders Can Tell Me Nothing About Human Right
Africa splitting into two?
Why you care? And what can you do about it anyway?
It's not going to happen for millions of years. Why do you care? Even
if you do move back to your original country, the future Earth cha cha
won't affect you.
there might be atheists by then