Trump denies Pelosi aircraft for foreign trip, after call for State of the Union delay
Mattb
2019-01-17 22:23:09 UTC
Trump denies Pelosi aircraft for foreign trip, after call for State of
the Union delay

President Trump on Thursday abruptly denied military aircraft to House
Speaker Nancy Pelosi for a foreign trip just minutes before the
congressional delegation was set to depart, in a stunning decision
that followed her call to delay the State of the Union address amid
the government shutdown.

In a curt letter, Trump said her trip has been “postponed.”

“Due to the Shutdown, I am sorry to inform you that your trip to
Brussels, Egypt, and Afghanistan has been postponed. We will
reschedule this seven-day excursion when the Shutdown is over. In
light of the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay, I am
sure you would agree that postponing this public relations event is
totally appropriate,” Trump wrote.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-denies-pelosi-aircraft-for-foreign-trip-in-response-to-call-for-state-of-the-union-delay

“I also feel that, during this period, it would be better if you were
in Washington negotiating with me and joining the Strong Border
Security movement to end the Shutdown. Obviously, if you would like to
make your journey by flying commercial, that would certainly be your
prerogative.”

**
This is amusing, the 2 bullies going at each other.
Snit
2019-01-18 00:10:01 UTC
Post by Mattb
[...]
Trump is holding the government hostage. There is no excuse for it, even
in light of Pelosi playing stupid games (which she did).
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Mattb
They are both doing it. Dems also want it all their way or else.
Snit
2019-01-18 01:07:11 UTC
Post by Snit
Post by Mattb
[...]
Trump is responsible for the shut down. He has no end plan. No set of
goals he wants. He wants to please Putin and harm the US.

There is no reason to think he will take ANY offer.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

http://youtu.be/H4NW-Cqh308
Ted
Trump owes Putin for his 2016 election victory, right?
Snit
2019-01-18 01:47:42 UTC
Post by Snit
Post by Mattb
[...]
More and more evidence suggests that.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

http://youtu.be/H4NW-Cqh308
Ted
2019-01-18 02:23:00 UTC
Post by Snit
Post by Mattb
Trump owes Putin for his 2016 election victory, right?
More and more evidence suggests that.
Thank goodness we have the MSM to keep us so well informed. Otherwise we'd
be falling for ridiculously false conspiracy theories.
Rod°
2019-01-18 01:58:23 UTC
Post by Snit
Post by Mattb
[...]
Trump owes the russian 250 billion that he borrowed before being
elected to keep his businesses running for 4 years, so there is a
real good chance that Putin has him self a fat puppet.
Ted

BeamMeUpScotty
2019-01-18 01:34:34 UTC
Post by Snit
Post by Mattb
[...]
Clearly he wants a few Billion dollars to start the construction of the
wall.... and he wants Pelosi to choke on it when she signs the bill.
--
That's Karma

Liberals are devoid of any conscience and doing good without a
conscience is as bad as doing evil without a conscience.
Snit
2019-01-18 01:47:00 UTC
Post by BeamMeUpScotty
Post by Snit
Post by Mattb
[...]
She has offered 1.3B in border security (I think... that is from memory).

He has not even spent the money from last year, so that is plenty to
move forward.

His goal seems to simply hurt the US while he can... knowing the noose
is tightening.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

http://youtu.be/H4NW-Cqh308
BeamMeUpScotty
2019-01-18 02:05:45 UTC
Post by Snit
Post by BeamMeUpScotty
Post by Snit
Post by Mattb
[...]
All he needs to do to hurt the United States is go along with Democrats
on all their policies.

Snit
2019-01-18 02:09:14 UTC
Post by BeamMeUpScotty
Post by Snit
Post by BeamMeUpScotty
Post by Snit
Post by Mattb
[...]
What makes you think people getting to keep more of what they earn even
as we invest in our own success as a country and in our future would be bad?
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

http://youtu.be/H4NW-Cqh308
BeamMeUpScotty
2019-01-18 02:18:08 UTC
Post by Snit
Post by BeamMeUpScotty
Post by Snit
Post by BeamMeUpScotty
Post by Snit
Post by Mattb
[...]
The minute Democrats say "invest" it means *tax and spend* so all you
need to do now and find the lie in what the Democrats told you... And
that's why the economy is in such a mess already, they taxed and spent
us into this mess. Obama and Democrats borrowed and printed and taxed
and spent us into $10 Trillion dollars of debt and Government growth
over Obama's 8 years.

And it created stagnation, and now you want to do it again for another
decade of no GDP growth and no jobs? All that grew under Obama was the
NATIONAL DEBT and the size of Government and it's intrusive regulations.

Ted
2019-01-18 02:22:59 UTC
Post by Snit
Post by BeamMeUpScotty
Post by Snit
Post by Mattb
[...]
Hopefully they can prevent him from pulling troops out of Syria and
Afghanistan. That would really be hurtful to the US.
Just Wondering
2019-01-18 00:34:18 UTC
Post by Snit
Post by Mattb
[...]
No more than Pelosi is. Well, Trump COULD do an end run around
Pelosi by declaring a national emergency to get the wall funded.

You've got to admit though, as Mattb says, this IS amusing.
Snit
2019-01-18 00:46:01 UTC
Post by Just Wondering
Post by Snit
Post by Mattb
[...]
No more than Pelosi is.
Trump is responsible for his shutdown. To blame Pelosi for his actions
would be absurd.
Post by Just Wondering
Well, Trump COULD do an end run around
Pelosi by declaring a national emergency to get the wall funded.
Not really. It would end up in courts and design meetings for years.
That is what is so stupid about Trump... even if he wins and gets his
ego-wall it will not exist for years.
Post by Just Wondering
You've got to admit though, as Mattb says, this IS amusing.
Pelosi did act foolishly... and on that level I can see where Trump
responded with some humor. But people are suffering... the country is
suffering. Trump is to blame.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

http://youtu.be/H4NW-Cqh308
BeamMeUpScotty
2019-01-18 00:34:42 UTC
Post by Snit
Post by Mattb
[...]
Pelosi was held to her own standards.... there is NOTHING stupid about
it. Well maybe Pelosi was stupid in the first place, but TRUMP just
allowed Pelosi to enjoy the Liberal benefit of feeling good by living up
to her own moral standards.

I think she should send a thank you letter to TRUMP for reminding her of
her own moral stand about walls and government workers. If she wants to
go to a party on a Jet it shouldn't be a jet that's kept in the air by
Government money.

We should all salute NANCY PELOSI and her morals.... ;)

*With our middle finger*

Snit
2019-01-18 00:43:50 UTC
Post by BeamMeUpScotty
Post by Snit
Post by Mattb
[...]
Pelosi is not at fault for Trump's actions. Once again you show bias.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

http://youtu.be/H4NW-Cqh308
BeamMeUpScotty
2019-01-18 00:55:33 UTC
Post by Snit
Post by Snit
Post by Mattb
[...]
Yes I admit I am bias against stupidity, it just make me want to tell
the idiot the real truth.

But then I remember, you can't fix stupid so I let it roll off my back
and I just tell it like it is without any malice and with a bit of
humor. I could get mad but that would just raise my blood pressure and
that doesn't do any good.

I read where Mel Brooks said Political Correctness is killing comedy....
so I realized that I should endeavor to keep it alive.

If you didn't think it was a bit of humor and the truth all rolled into
one... then that's your problem NOT mine. My blood pressure is just fine.

..|.. salute/