Reformed Doctrine of Unconditional Election - The State of the Heathen
Add Reply
b***@gmail.com
2020-03-15 13:58:53 UTC
Unconditional Election
by Loraine Boettner

If the Arminian theory were true, namely, that Christ died for all men
and that the benefits of His death are actually applied to all men we
would expect to find that God had made some provision for the Gospel to
be communicated to all men. The problem of the heathens, who live and
die without the Gospel, has always been a thorny one for the Arminians
who insist that all men have sufficient grace if they will but make use
of it. Few will deny that salvation is conditioned on the person
hearing and accepting the Gospel. The Christian Church has been
practically of one mind in declaring that the heathens as a class are
lost. That such is the clear teaching of the Bible we can easily
show:--

"And in none other is there salvation; for neither is there any other
name under heaven, that is given among men, wherein we must be saved,"
Acts 4:12. "As many as have sinned without the law shall also perish
without the law: and as many as have sinned under the law shall be
judged by the law," Romans 2:12. "Other foundation can no man lay than
that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ," 1 Corinthians 3:11. "I am
the vine, ye are the branches; apart from me ye can do nothing," John
15:5. "I am the way, and the truth, and the life: no one cometh unto
the Father, but by me," John 14:6. "He that believes on the Son has
eternal life; but he that obeys not the Son shall not see life, but
the wrath of God abides on him," John 3:36. "He that has the Son has
life; he that has not the Son of God has not the life," 1 John 5:12,
"And this is eternal life, that they should know you the only true
God, and Him whom you did send, even Jesus Christ," John 17:3.
"Without faith it is impossible to be well-pleasing to God," Hebrews
11: 6. "Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? and how
shall they believe in Him whom they have not heard? and how shall they
hear without a preacher?" Romans 10:13, 14 (or, in other words, how can
the heathens possibly be saved when they have never even heard of
Christ who is the only means of salvation?). "Jesus therefore said
unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, except you eat the flesh of
the Son of man and drink His blood, you have not life in yourselves,"
John 6:53. When the watchman sees danger coming but does not give the
people warning they perish in their iniquity, Ezekiel 33:8,--true, the
watchman will be held responsible, yet that does not change the fate of
the people. Jesus declared that even the Samaritans who had far higher
privileges than the nations outside of Palestine, worshiped they knew
not what, and that salvation was of the Jews. See also the first and
second chapters of Romans. The Scriptures, then, are plain in declaring
that under ordinary conditions those who have not Christ and the Gospel
are lost.

--
If you have a question about the Doctrine of Election, or anything to do with
the Bible, send me an email and I will answer you back as soon as I can.
Thank-you. ***@gmail.com
JWS
2020-03-15 14:13:40 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
[...]
What a miserable life if all you can do is
occupy your time with crap like this.
Bob
2020-03-15 14:18:54 UTC
Post by JWS
Post by b***@gmail.com
[...]
Personal comment/opinion from one of the heathen noted,
and dismissed as rather amusing.
LinuxGal
2020-03-15 14:46:01 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
If the Arminian theory were true, namely, that Christ died
for all men and that the benefits of His death are actually
applied to all men (1) we would expect to find that God
had made some provision for the Gospel to be communicated
to all men (2).
1. 1JO.2:2 - And he is the propitiation for our sins, and
not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

2. MAT.28:19 - Go ye therefore, and teach all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son,
and of the Holy Ghost
--
I have spoken.

2020-03-15 15:33:24 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
If the Arminian theory were true, namely, that Christ died
for all men and that the benefits of His death are actually
applied to all men (1) we would expect to find that God
had made some provision for the Gospel to be communicated
to all men (2).
1. 1JO.2:2 - And he is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours
only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
Nope. You're wrong, again. Because you will never be correct when
talking about God, or Jesus, or the Bible, or Christianity.

<https://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/gills-exposition-of-the-bible/1-john-2-2.html>

<http://www.prca.org/resources/publications/cr-news/item/4457-the-whole-world-in-1-john-2-2>
2. MAT.28:19 - Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in
the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost
If someone has not been regenerated by the Holy Spirit, and is not
predestined for salvation, it doesn't matter how many times that person
hears the gospel message, they will never believe the gospel.

Can you not think for yourself?
d***@cox.net
2020-03-15 16:34:12 UTC
Post by Bob
Post by b***@gmail.com
If the Arminian theory were true, namely, that Christ died
for all men and that the benefits of His death are actually
applied to all men (1) we would expect to find that God
had made some provision for the Gospel to be communicated
to all men (2).
1. 1JO.2:2 - And he is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours
only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
Nope. You're wrong, again. Because you will never be correct when
talking about God, or Jesus, or the Bible, or Christianity.
She just topped you on that one, tulipboy..
2020-03-15 17:57:00 UTC
Post by Bob
Post by b***@gmail.com
If the Arminian theory were true, namely, that Christ died
for all men and that the benefits of His death are actually
applied to all men (1) we would expect to find that God
had made some provision for the Gospel to be communicated
to all men (2).
1. 1JO.2:2 - And he is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours
only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
Nope. You're wrong, again. Because you will never be correct when
talking about God, or Jesus, or the Bible, or Christianity.
She just topped you on that one.
So writes a member of the world's largest Satanic cult.

LinuxGal
2020-03-15 18:11:59 UTC
Post by Bob
Post by Bob
Post by b***@gmail.com
If the Arminian theory were true, namely, that Christ died
for all men and that the benefits of His death are actually
applied to all men (1) we would expect to find that God
had made some provision for the Gospel to be communicated
to all men (2).
1. 1JO.2:2 - And he is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours
only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
Nope. You're wrong, again. Because you will never be correct when
talking about God, or Jesus, or the Bible, or Christianity.
She just topped you on that one.
So writes a member of the world's largest Satanic cult.
LUK.6:37 - Judge not, and ye shall not be judged, condemn
not, and ye shall not be condemned, forgive, and ye shall be
forgiven.
--
I have spoken.

2020-03-15 18:28:10 UTC
Post by Bob
Post by Bob
Post by b***@gmail.com
If the Arminian theory were true, namely, that Christ died
for all men and that the benefits of His death are actually
applied to all men (1) we would expect to find that God
had made some provision for the Gospel to be communicated
to all men (2).
1. 1JO.2:2 - And he is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours
only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
Nope. You're wrong, again. Because you will never be correct when
talking about God, or Jesus, or the Bible, or Christianity.
She just topped you on that one.
So writes a member of the world's largest Satanic cult.
LUK.6:37 - Judge not, and ye shall not be judged, condemn not, and ye
shall not be condemned, forgive, and ye shall be forgiven.
Once again, you've taken a verse out of context.

You will never be 100% correct with anything dealing with the Bible.
LinuxGal
2020-03-15 18:47:02 UTC
Post by Bob
Post by Bob
Post by Bob
Post by b***@gmail.com
If the Arminian theory were true, namely, that Christ died
for all men and that the benefits of His death are actually
applied to all men (1) we would expect to find that God
had made some provision for the Gospel to be communicated
to all men (2).
1. 1JO.2:2 - And he is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours
only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
Nope. You're wrong, again. Because you will never be correct when
talking about God, or Jesus, or the Bible, or Christianity.
She just topped you on that one.
So writes a member of the world's largest Satanic cult.
LUK.6:37 - Judge not, and ye shall not be judged, condemn not, and ye
shall not be condemned, forgive, and ye shall be forgiven.
Once again, you've taken a verse out of context.
You have the knee-jerk response "out of context" that is no
different from Duke blurting "strawman", and neither one of
you support your respective ejaculations.
--
I have spoken.

2020-03-15 19:15:54 UTC
Post by Bob
Post by Bob
Post by Bob
Post by b***@gmail.com
[...]
You're right. I should have. My bad.

Just please don't think that I'm doing this for your benefit. I'm doing
this only for the benefit of the lurkers who may not be back here after
today or tomorrow.

I know that soon you'll misinterpret another verse and take it out of
context, and not even think about doing a little research first. And
then you'll want me to explain why you're wrong again. I don't work
for free. I won't do this again until I've got some money from you in
my bank account. Got it?

Google is your friend. He'll work for free.

<https://www.jasonstaples.com/bible/new-testament/misinterpreted-bible-passages-3-judge-not-lest-you-be-judged/>

<https://waynestiles.com/judge-not-lest-ye-be-judged-what-jesus-meant/>
d***@cox.net
2020-03-16 17:06:25 UTC
Post by Bob
Post by Bob
Post by Bob
Post by Bob
Post by b***@gmail.com
[...]
Gee, I wonder how a tulip can take a verse out of context.

the dukester, American-American
d***@cox.net
2020-03-16 17:05:08 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
Post by Bob
Post by Bob
Post by Bob
Post by b***@gmail.com
[...]
My God. That goes all the way back to the ................... ancient past.
Post by LinuxGal
and neither one of
you support your respective ejaculations.
Neither do you, Why do you try?
2020-03-17 01:13:32 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by LinuxGal
Post by Bob
Post by Bob
Post by LinuxGal
and neither one of
you support your respective ejaculations.
Neither do you, Why do you try?
Every time I contradict you or Smirkin' Bob, I cite
scripture. I have it up as one of nine tabs in vim.
--
I have spoken.

2020-03-17 10:15:59 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by LinuxGal
Post by Bob
Post by Bob
Post by LinuxGal
and neither one of
you support your respective ejaculations.
Neither do you, Why do you try?
Every time I contradict you or Smirkin' Bob, I cite
scripture. I have it up as one of nine tabs in vim.
And you apply it with vigor.
d***@cox.net
2020-03-17 18:07:55 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by LinuxGal
Post by Bob
Post by Bob
Post by LinuxGal
and neither one of
you support your respective ejaculations.
Neither do you, Why do you try?
Every time I contradict you or Smirkin' Bob, I cite
scripture. I have it up as one of nine tabs in vim.
And you apply it with vigor.
Right over my shoulder.
the dukester, American-American
d***@cox.net
2020-03-17 18:07:29 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by LinuxGal
Post by Bob
Post by Bob
Post by LinuxGal
and neither one of
you support your respective ejaculations.
Neither do you, Why do you try?
Every time I contradict you or Smirkin' Bob, I cite
scripture. I have it up as one of nine tabs in vim.
You "think" you contradict me?

Can you give me one or two examples. Don't include moses for noah. That was a
simple nap time.
2020-03-18 00:36:56 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by LinuxGal
Every time I contradict you or Smirkin' Bob, I cite
scripture. I have it up as one of nine tabs in vim.
Can you give me one or two examples. Don't include moses for noah. That was a
simple nap time.
+=== BEGIN EXAMPLE ONE ===+
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by LinuxGal
It's accepted in the RCC that Jesus, born in the flesh,
did not note the truth of his divinity until just
before the cross.
[58] Jesus said unto them, Verily,verily, I say unto you,
Before Abraham was, I am.
Your point?
That in John 8, long before Gad Smane (Oil Press), Yeshua
referred to himself as the I AM, contrary to your claim
in this thread.

==== END EXAMPLE ONE====

==== BEGIN EXAMPLE TWO ====
Post by d***@cox.net
There is nothing contrary in scripture.
PRO.26:4 - Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest
thou also be like unto him.

PRO.26:5 - Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be
wise in his own conceit.

==== END EXAMPLE TWO ====
--
I have spoken.

2020-03-18 01:22:40 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
Post by d***@cox.net
There is nothing contrary in scripture.
PRO.26:4 - Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest
thou also be like unto him.
PRO.26:5 - Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be
wise in his own conceit.
You're wrong. There is no contradiction between verses 4 & 5.

You're welcome.
LinuxGal
2020-03-18 01:57:35 UTC
Post by Bob
Post by LinuxGal
Post by d***@cox.net
There is nothing contrary in scripture.
PRO.26:4 - Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest
thou also be like unto him.
PRO.26:5 - Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be
wise in his own conceit.
You're wrong. There is no contradiction between verses 4 & 5.
How do you do one commandment without violating the other
one? How do you refrain from doing one commandment without
violating the other one?
--
I have spoken.

2020-03-18 02:21:56 UTC
Post by Bob
Post by LinuxGal
Post by d***@cox.net
There is nothing contrary in scripture.
PRO.26:4 - Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest
thou also be like unto him.
PRO.26:5 - Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be
wise in his own conceit.
You're wrong. There is no contradiction between verses 4 & 5.
How do you do one commandment without violating the other one? How do
you refrain from doing one commandment without violating the other one?
If you want me to tell you the answer, it will cost you $50.

But there's a much quicker and cheaper way of finding out the answer.

Google is your friend.

You're welcome.
d***@cox.net
2020-03-18 19:48:28 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by LinuxGal
It's accepted in the RCC that Jesus, born in the flesh,
did not note the truth of his divinity until just
before the cross.
[58] Jesus said unto them, Verily,verily, I say unto you,
Before Abraham was, I am.
Your point?
That in John 8, long before Gad Smane (Oil Press), Yeshua
referred to himself as the I AM, contrary to your claim
in this thread.
==== END EXAMPLE ONE====
Comments on Example One:

a. John wrote his gospel to Greeks (in Greek) about 100AD. That gave him
plenty of time to know Jesus could be referred to himself as "I AM".
b. In the garden just before his Passion. he begged his Father in heaven to
spare him the cross.
Post by LinuxGal
==== BEGIN EXAMPLE TWO ====
Post by d***@cox.net
There is nothing contrary in scripture.
PRO.26:4 - Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest
thou also be like unto him.
PRO.26:5 - Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be
wise in his own conceit.
==== END EXAMPLE TWO ====
Comment on Example Two.

The futility of trying to impart wisdom to a fool is the basis of Proverbs
26:4-5, which tell us how to answer a fool. These seemingly contradictory verses
are actually a common form of parallelism found in the Old Testament, where one
idea builds upon another.

Merry Christ_mass.
2020-03-19 01:23:00 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by LinuxGal
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by LinuxGal
It's accepted in the RCC that Jesus, born in the flesh,
did not note the truth of his divinity until just
before the cross.
[58] Jesus said unto them, Verily,verily, I say unto you,
Before Abraham was, I am.
Your point?
That in John 8, long before Gad Smane (Oil Press), Yeshua
referred to himself as the I AM, contrary to your claim
in this thread.
==== END EXAMPLE ONE====
a. John wrote his gospel to Greeks (in Greek) about 100AD. That gave him
plenty of time to know Jesus could be referred to himself as "I AM".
If Jesus knew he was "I AM" in John 8, that means he noted
the truth of his divinity well before the cross, contrary to
your claim.
--
I have spoken.

https://twitter.com/LinuxGal
d***@cox.net
2020-03-19 16:50:20 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by LinuxGal
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by LinuxGal
It's accepted in the RCC that Jesus, born in the flesh,
did not note the truth of his divinity until just
before the cross.
[58] Jesus said unto them, Verily,verily, I say unto you,
Before Abraham was, I am.
Your point?
That in John 8, long before Gad Smane (Oil Press), Yeshua
referred to himself as the I AM, contrary to your claim
in this thread.
==== END EXAMPLE ONE====
a. John wrote his gospel to Greeks (in Greek) about 100AD. That gave him
plenty of time to know Jesus could be referred to himself as "I AM".
If Jesus knew he was "I AM" in John 8, that means he noted
the truth of his divinity well before the cross, contrary to
your claim.
But John 8 was "technically" written 70 years after the cross. As a Jewish boy,
Jesus was well familiar with "I AM". After the cross, man understood that
Jesus was God (I AM). Do you get it yet?

the dukester, American-American
d***@cox.net
2020-03-16 17:02:54 UTC
Post by Bob
Post by Bob
Post by b***@gmail.com
If the Arminian theory were true, namely, that Christ died
for all men and that the benefits of His death are actually
applied to all men (1) we would expect to find that God
had made some provision for the Gospel to be communicated
to all men (2).
1. 1JO.2:2 - And he is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours
only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
Nope. You're wrong, again. Because you will never be correct when
talking about God, or Jesus, or the Bible, or Christianity.
She just topped you on that one.
So writes a member of the world's largest Satanic cult.
Nope, the RCC is the Chrisitian Chruch started by Jesus Christ 2000 years ago.
If you had a bible, you could confirm that in the New Testament.
2020-03-17 01:38:35 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Bob
Post by Bob
Post by b***@gmail.com
If the Arminian theory were true, namely, that Christ died
for all men and that the benefits of His death are actually
applied to all men (1) we would expect to find that God
had made some provision for the Gospel to be communicated
to all men (2).
1. 1JO.2:2 - And he is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours
only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
Nope. You're wrong, again. Because you will never be correct when
talking about God, or Jesus, or the Bible, or Christianity.
She just topped you on that one.
So writes a member of the world's largest Satanic cult.
Nope, the RCC is the Chrisitian Chruch started by Jesus Christ 2000 years ago.
If you had a bible, you could confirm that in the New Testament.
the dukester, American-American
...that's odd...I don't remember any scripture in the NT mentioning
that Jesus wore funny hats !
LinuxGal
2020-03-17 01:45:23 UTC
On Sun, 15 Mar 2020 13:57:00 -0400, Bob
Nope, the RCC is the Chrisitian Chruch started by Jesus Christ 2000 years ago.
If you had a bible, you could confirm that in the New Testament.
the dukester, American-American
...that's odd...I don't remember any scripture in the NT mentioning
that Jesus wore funny hats !
JOH.19:5 - Then came Jesus forth, wearing the crown of
thorns, and the purple robe. And Pilate saith unto them,
Behold the man!

He was a laugh a minute.
--
I have spoken.

https://twitter.com/LinuxGal
d***@cox.net
2020-03-17 18:10:25 UTC
Post by Bob
Post by Bob
Post by b***@gmail.com
If the Arminian theory were true, namely, that Christ died
for all men and that the benefits of His death are actually
applied to all men (1) we would expect to find that God
had made some provision for the Gospel to be communicated
to all men (2).
1. 1JO.2:2 - And he is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours
only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
Nope. You're wrong, again. Because you will never be correct when
talking about God, or Jesus, or the Bible, or Christianity.
She just topped you on that one.
So writes a member of the world's largest Satanic cult.
Nope, the RCC is the Christian Chruch started by Jesus Christ 2000 years ago.
If you had a bible, you could confirm that in the New Testament.
the dukester, American-American
...that's odd...I don't remember any scripture in the NT mentioning
that Jesus wore funny hats !
Ok, you're an unlearned clown.
2020-03-17 02:33:24 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Bob
Post by Bob
Post by b***@gmail.com
If the Arminian theory were true, namely, that Christ died
for all men and that the benefits of His death are actually
applied to all men (1) we would expect to find that God
had made some provision for the Gospel to be communicated
to all men (2).
1. 1JO.2:2 - And he is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours
only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
Nope. You're wrong, again. Because you will never be correct when
talking about God, or Jesus, or the Bible, or Christianity.
She just topped you on that one.
So writes a member of the world's largest Satanic cult.
Nope, the RCC is the Chrisitian Chruch started by Jesus Christ 2000 years ago.
If you had a bible, you could confirm that in the New Testament.
the dukester, American-American
...Jesus came down from heaven, took one look at the Vatican complex
and said "holy fuck...is all that for ME...I was only expecting a mud
hut and a couple of goats !".
d***@cox.net
2020-03-17 18:11:21 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Bob
Post by Bob
Post by b***@gmail.com
[...]
That's your future if you're lucky.
2020-03-20 05:56:47 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by John Locke
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Bob
Post by Bob
Post by b***@gmail.com
[...]
...it's the way your pope should be living if the joker
was actually doing the work of Jesus. Not like some
pampered king in a fucking palace !
LinuxGal
2020-03-15 16:51:46 UTC
Post by Bob
Post by b***@gmail.com
If the Arminian theory were true, namely, that Christ died
for all men and that the benefits of His death are actually
applied to all men (1) we would expect to find that God
had made some provision for the Gospel to be communicated
to all men (2).
1. 1JO.2:2 - And he is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours
only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
2. MAT.28:19 - Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in
the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost
If someone has not been regenerated by the Holy Spirit, and is not
predestined for salvation, it doesn't matter how many times that person hears
the gospel message, they will never believe the gospel.
Irrelevant. 1 John 2:2 teaches that Christ died for all
men. Matthew 28:19 teaches that God made provision for the
Gospel to be communicated to all men. These verses
contradict the claims of the man, L. Boetner.
--
I have spoken.

2020-03-15 17:20:28 UTC
Post by Bob
Post by b***@gmail.com
[...]
No, the gospel was never preached in India before the 6th century A.D.,
or in China before the 7th century A.D. In Japan, the Christian gospel
was first preached in 1547.

And these two articles, among many others, explain how you're wrong
about 1 John 2:2.

<https://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/gills-exposition-of-the-bible/1-john-2-2.html>

<http://www.prca.org/resources/publications/cr-news/item/4457-the-whole-world-in-1-john-2-2>

But you can believe whatever you want. I'm just showing the lurkers here,
or anyone else who happens to read this, where you're wrong, and why
you will never be correct about God, or Jesus, or about the Bible, or
about Christianity.

1 Corinthians 2:14 and Ephesians 4:18 clearly explains why you will be
wrong each time you discuss one or more of those four topics.

"The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from
the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand
them because they are discerned only through the Spirit."

"They are darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God
because of the ignorance that is in them, due to their hardness of heart."
John Locke
2020-03-15 23:30:46 UTC
Post by Bob
Post by Bob
Post by b***@gmail.com
[...]
...anyone could write this crap and any crack pot could invent
a religious cult based on this nonsense. You really don't understand.
Everything in the Bible is humanly contrived and is open to all manner
of embellishment and interpretation. You should've got the hint by
now. It's a HUGE problem..for you anyway.
d***@cox.net
2020-03-16 17:07:37 UTC
Post by Bob
Post by Bob
Post by b***@gmail.com
[...]
Well, that's a waste of a good breath.
2020-03-15 15:21:09 UTC
[...]
The whole thing is a crock.
John Locke
2020-03-15 21:23:33 UTC
The whole thing is a crock.
..yes, especially the part where he arose from the dead.
Now that's a royal crock of horse pucky with no connection to reality
in any respect. They should've stopped with the hokey virgin
birth...we might've let that nonsense slide. But no...they had to
embellish the silly tale with zombiism and bodily ascension. I'll
bet there's more then a few Christians who's like to do a rewrite !
%
2020-03-15 21:28:51 UTC
The whole thing is a crock.
..yes, especially the part where he arose from the dead.
Now that's a royal crock of horse pucky with no connection to reality
in any respect. They should've stopped with the hokey virgin
birth...we might've let that nonsense slide. But no...they had to
embellish the silly tale with zombiism and bodily ascension. I'll
bet there's more then a few Christians who's like to do a rewrite !
you can't take a 2000 year old book and ad todays visions to it ,
there are no ford mustangs in the bible does that mean there are no ford
mustangs the word virgin would not have the same meaning 2000 years ago
that it has today
Cloud Hobbit
2020-03-15 21:47:34 UTC
https://thomastaylorministries.org/blog/calvinism-refuted-unconditional-election/

https://medium.com/four-courners-ministries/five-reasons-calvinism-is-a-false-doctrine-746846723315

https://montevistacoc.com/multimedia-archive/u-unconditional-election-true-or-false/

http://bbcbeeville.org/2017/03/calvinism-destroyed-unconditional-election/

https://m.biblestudyguide.org/topical/unconditional-election.htm

https://www.davidservant.com/articles/calvinism/calvinism-unconditional-election/

https://www.timefortruth.co.uk/errors-of-calvinism/

https://www.gospelway.com/salvation/predestination.php

https://www.wholesomewords.org/etexts/freeman/pfcalvin.html
Bob
2020-03-16 03:37:14 UTC
On 3/15/2020 5:47 PM, Cloud Hobbit wrote:

<snip list of anti-Calvinism books or articles>

Do you agree with what each one of those authors
are saying? In other words, do you subscribe to
Arminianism? Because if you don't, then your post
is entirely without any substance, and you end up
not saying anything. It's kind of like what you
do when you lie. You don't really say anything.
It's kind of like living an empty meaningless life.

Man I'm so glad I'm not you. It sux to be you.

Don't forget, I'll be the one mouthing the words,
"Do you still think it's a myth?"

I'll see you later.
John Locke
2020-03-15 22:15:38 UTC
The whole thing is a crock.
..yes, especially the part where he arose from the dead.
Now that's a royal crock of horse pucky with no connection to reality
in any respect. They should've stopped with the hokey virgin
birth...we might've let that nonsense slide. But no...they had to
embellish the silly tale with zombiism and bodily ascension. I'll
bet there's more then a few Christians who's like to do a rewrite !
you can't take a 2000 year old book and ad todays visions to it ,
there are no ford mustangs in the bible does that mean there are no ford
mustangs the word virgin would not have the same meaning 2000 years ago
that it has today
...but there were Fords in the old days:

I will wait at the Fords in the wilderness until word comes from you
to inform me.” - 2 Samuel 15:28

...surely some of those Fords were mustangs.
%
i promise there were no fords 2000 years ago
John Locke
2020-03-15 23:14:59 UTC
The whole thing is a crock.
..yes, especially the part where he arose from the dead.
Now that's a royal crock of horse pucky with no connection to reality
in any respect. They should've stopped with the hokey virgin
birth...we might've let that nonsense slide. But no...they had to
embellish the silly tale with zombiism and bodily ascension. I'll
bet there's more then a few Christians who's like to do a rewrite !
you can't take a 2000 year old book and ad todays visions to it ,
there are no ford mustangs in the bible does that mean there are no ford
mustangs the word virgin would not have the same meaning 2000 years ago
that it has today
I will wait at the Fords in the wilderness until word comes from you
to inform me.” - 2 Samuel 15:28
...surely some of those Fords were mustangs.
i promise there were no fords 2000 years ago
..sure there were ! .I have proof...here's baby
Jesus driving a Ford:
https://tinyurl.com/r3mqjch
%
that's different of course jesus had one
d***@cox.net
2020-03-15 21:28:31 UTC
[...]
The whole thing is a crock.
Satan isn't, and that's where you're headed for making such a comment about
Jesus.
2020-03-15 21:58:50 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Davej
[...]
The whole thing is a crock.
Satan isn't, and that's where you're headed for making such a comment about
Jesus.
OK Earl...I'm going out on a limb. I willing to bet that Jesus wasn't
a crock...just your standard crackpot cleric dirt bag. I'm good.
That should get me only as far as purgatory. Plenty of cold beer and
pretzels there, I've heard. I'll wait it out.
Don Martin
2020-03-16 11:22:14 UTC
On Sun, 15 Mar 2020 14:58:50 -0700, John Locke
Post by John Locke
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Davej
[...]
The whole thing is a crock.
Satan isn't, and that's where you're headed for making such a comment about
Jesus.
OK Earl...I'm going out on a limb. I willing to bet that Jesus wasn't
a crock...just your standard crackpot cleric dirt bag. I'm good.
That should get me only as far as purgatory. Plenty of cold beer and
pretzels there, I've heard. I'll wait it out.
But it's Purgatory, after all--the beer is Budweiser.
d***@cox.net
2020-03-16 17:52:44 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Davej
[...]
The whole thing is a crock.
Satan isn't, and that's where you're headed for making such a comment about
Jesus.
OK Earl...I'm going out on a limb. I willing to bet that Jesus wasn't
a crock...just your standard crackpot cleric dirt bag. I'm good.
That should get me only as far as purgatory.
Nope, addressing the Lord slams the door on you.
2020-03-17 01:30:38 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by John Locke
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Davej
[...]
The whole thing is a crock.
Satan isn't, and that's where you're headed for making such a comment about
Jesus.
OK Earl...I'm going out on a limb. I willing to bet that Jesus wasn't
a crock...just your standard crackpot cleric dirt bag. I'm good.
That should get me only as far as purgatory.
Nope, addressing the Lord slams the door on you.
....even if your paradise weren't a fairy tale LaLa land, I'd want
absolutely nothing to do with a hellish eternal, no-opt-out, afterlife
in servitude to a psychotic monster. You'd better be glad it's not
real !
d***@cox.net
2020-03-17 18:12:51 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by John Locke
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Davej
[...]
The whole thing is a crock.
Satan isn't, and that's where you're headed for making such a comment about
Jesus.
OK Earl...I'm going out on a limb. I willing to bet that Jesus wasn't
a crock...just your standard crackpot cleric dirt bag. I'm good.
That should get me only as far as purgatory.
Nope, addressing the Lord slams the door on you.
....even if your paradise weren't a fairy tale LaLa land, I'd want
absolutely nothing to do with a hellish eternal, no-opt-out, afterlife
in servitude to a psychotic monster. You'd better be glad it's not
real !
No need. Satan will be your Lord.
2020-03-18 16:07:43 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by John Locke
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by John Locke
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Davej
[...]
The whole thing is a crock.
Satan isn't, and that's where you're headed for making such a comment about
Jesus.
OK Earl...I'm going out on a limb. I willing to bet that Jesus wasn't
a crock...just your standard crackpot cleric dirt bag. I'm good.
That should get me only as far as purgatory.
Nope, addressing the Lord slams the door on you.
....even if your paradise weren't a fairy tale LaLa land, I'd want
absolutely nothing to do with a hellish eternal, no-opt-out, afterlife
in servitude to a psychotic monster. You'd better be glad it's not
real !
No need. Satan will be your Lord.
...fairy tale characters aren't real Earl. Satan and Jesus are nore
real then Rumpelstiltskin or the Blue Fairy.
d***@cox.net
2020-03-19 16:51:09 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by John Locke
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by John Locke
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Davej
[...]
The whole thing is a crock.
Satan isn't, and that's where you're headed for making such a comment about
Jesus.
OK Earl...I'm going out on a limb. I willing to bet that Jesus wasn't
a crock...just your standard crackpot cleric dirt bag. I'm good.
That should get me only as far as purgatory.
Nope, addressing the Lord slams the door on you.
....even if your paradise weren't a fairy tale LaLa land, I'd want
absolutely nothing to do with a hellish eternal, no-opt-out, afterlife
in servitude to a psychotic monster. You'd better be glad it's not
real !
No need. Satan will be your Lord.
...fairy tale characters aren't real Earl. Satan and Jesus are nore
real then Rumpelstiltskin or the Blue Fairy.
Where do you place Casper the ghost in that grouping?

2020-03-20 02:40:58 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by John Locke
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by John Locke
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by John Locke
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Davej
[...]
The whole thing is a crock.
Satan isn't, and that's where you're headed for making such a comment about
Jesus.
OK Earl...I'm going out on a limb. I willing to bet that Jesus wasn't
a crock...just your standard crackpot cleric dirt bag. I'm good.
That should get me only as far as purgatory.
Nope, addressing the Lord slams the door on you.
....even if your paradise weren't a fairy tale LaLa land, I'd want
absolutely nothing to do with a hellish eternal, no-opt-out, afterlife
in servitude to a psychotic monster. You'd better be glad it's not
real !
No need. Satan will be your Lord.
...fairy tale characters aren't real Earl. Satan and Jesus are nore
real then Rumpelstiltskin or the Blue Fairy.
Where do you place Casper the ghost in that grouping?
...why right in there with Yahweh, Bigfoot and Jesus...they're all the
same..fictional entities that don't exist in reality.
d***@cox.net
2020-03-22 22:03:48 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Where do you place Casper the ghost in that grouping?
...why right in there with Yahweh, Bigfoot and Jesus...they're all the
same..fictional entities that don't exist in reality.
Prove it.
the dukester

Still haven't gotten the concept of burden of proof, eh Earl.

You have the burden of proof for your God. So far neither you or anybody else has presented so much as an I intelligent hypothesis for God, let alone proof of his existence.
d***@cox.net
2020-03-24 18:06:58 UTC
On Sun, 22 Mar 2020 15:03:48 -0700 (PDT), Cloud Hobbit
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by John Locke
Post by d***@cox.net
Where do you place Casper the ghost in that grouping?
...why right in there with Yahweh, Bigfoot and Jesus...they're all the
same..fictional entities that don't exist in reality.
Prove it.
the dukester
Still haven't gotten the concept of burden of proof, eh Earl.
Then where is your proof?
Post by d***@cox.net
You have the burden of proof for your God. So far neither you or anybody else has presented so much as an I intelligent hypothesis for God, let alone proof of his existence.
You give me yours, I'll give you mine.
the dukester, American-American
Lucifer
2020-03-25 06:27:18 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
You have the burden of proof for your God. So far neither you or anybody else has presented so much as an I intelligent hypothesis for God, let alone proof of his existence.
You give me yours, I'll give you mine.
The state of the world.
d***@cox.net
2020-03-25 23:00:12 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
You have the burden of proof for your God. So far neither you or anybody else has presented so much as an I intelligent hypothesis for God, let alone proof of his existence.
You give me yours, I'll give you mine.
The state of the world.
Not an answer. We humans evolve out of the big bang 13.8 billion year ago with
everything else. Only 2000 years ago, man traveled by goat. A mere 2000 years
later, we see our human nature to be far, far short of what God wants.

Evolution takes a long time. .
Post by Lucifer
Lucifer
2020-03-26 03:35:06 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
You have the burden of proof for your God. So far neither you or anybody else has presented so much as an I intelligent hypothesis for God, let alone proof of his existence.
You give me yours, I'll give you mine.
The state of the world.
Not an answer.
I assumed more of you than you are capable of.
The state of the world shows there is no good and powerful God.
Post by d***@cox.net
We humans evolve out of the big bang 13.8 billion year ago with
everything else. Only 2000 years ago, man traveled by goat. A mere 2000 years
later, we see our human nature to be far, far short of what God wants.
What does God want and why it failed to make it so?
Post by d***@cox.net
Evolution takes a long time. .
Where does it say that in the bible?
d***@cox.net
2020-03-27 17:49:59 UTC
Post by Lucifer
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
You have the burden of proof for your God. So far neither you or anybody else has presented so much as an I intelligent hypothesis for God, let alone proof of his existence.
You give me yours, I'll give you mine.
The state of the world.
Not an answer.
I assumed more of you than you are capable of.
The state of the world shows there is no good and powerful God.
What are you lookin at?
Post by Lucifer
Post by d***@cox.net
We humans evolve out of the big bang 13.8 billion year ago with
everything else. Only 2000 years ago, man traveled by goat. A mere 2000 years
later, we see our human nature to be far, far short of what God wants.
What does God want and why it failed to make it so?
Answer: To learn and grow in his image.
Post by Lucifer
Post by d***@cox.net
Evolution takes a long time. .
Where does it say that in the bible?
4th grade science.
the dukester, American-American
Lucifer
2020-03-27 23:11:18 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Lucifer
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
You have the burden of proof for your God. So far neither you or anybody else has presented so much as an I intelligent hypothesis for God, let alone proof of his existence.
You give me yours, I'll give you mine.
The state of the world.
Not an answer.
I assumed more of you than you are capable of.
The state of the world shows there is no good and powerful God.
What are you lookin at?
There are many sources of information. Have you heard of the internet?
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Lucifer
Post by d***@cox.net
We humans evolve out of the big bang 13.8 billion year ago with
everything else. Only 2000 years ago, man traveled by goat. A mere 2000 years
later, we see our human nature to be far, far short of what God wants.
What does God want and why did it fail to make it so?
Answer: To learn and grow in his image.
Is God unconcerned about the people who do not have sufficient
food and those who are forced to drink polluted water?
Is God unconcerned about women who are forced into a sham
marriage and who are raped by their "husband" before they
are old enough to safely give birth?

Doesn't sound like a God of love to me.
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Lucifer
Post by d***@cox.net
Evolution takes a long time. .
Where does it say that in the bible?
4th grade science.
You believe 4th grade science over the bible?
d***@cox.net
2020-03-28 18:31:47 UTC
Post by Lucifer
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Lucifer
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by d***@cox.net
You have the burden of proof for your God. So far neither you or anybody else has presented so much as an I intelligent hypothesis for God, let alone proof of his existence.
You give me yours, I'll give you mine.
The state of the world.
Not an answer.
I assumed more of you than you are capable of.
The state of the world shows there is no good and powerful God.
What are you lookin at?
There are many sources of information. Have you heard of the internet?
Yes, but that's not the "state of the world".
Post by Lucifer
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Lucifer
Post by d***@cox.net
We humans evolve out of the big bang 13.8 billion year ago with
everything else. Only 2000 years ago, man traveled by goat. A mere 2000 years
later, we see our human nature to be far, far short of what God wants.
What does God want and why did it fail to make it so?
Because he told us to grow and prosper. Stupid people like you would believe
that he guides our every action.
Post by Lucifer
Post by d***@cox.net
Answer: To learn and grow in his image.
Is God unconcerned about the people who do not have sufficient
food and those who are forced to drink polluted water?
Do you understand that 100% of life dies?
Post by Lucifer
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Lucifer
Post by d***@cox.net
Evolution takes a long time. .
Where does it say that in the bible?
Just how stupid can you be? Never mind. I think we already know.
the dukester, American-American

Lucifer
2020-03-16 03:46:20 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Davej
[...]
The whole thing is a crock.
Satan isn't, and that's where you're headed for making such a comment about
Jesus.
Spooky.

Satan is no more real than God.
2020-03-16 04:25:20 UTC

Post by Bob
Do you agree with what each one of those authors
are saying?

As you explained, they aren't "saying" anything.

In other words, do you subscribe to
Arminianism? Because if you don't, then your post
is entirely without any substance, and you end up
not saying anything.

I'm not "saying" anything.
Post by Bob
It's kind of like what you
do when you lie.

I haven't told any lies.
Excuse me if I don't you to be a credible critic of my behavior.
Post by Bob
You don't really say anything.
It's kind of like living an empty meaningless life.

In your opinion.
I think giving the lurkers a chance to see different interpretations of scripture can only be a good thing. The more information the better I always say.
Post by Bob
Man I'm so glad I'm not you. It sux to be you.
Another opinion unsubstantiated by any evidence and dismissed as projection.
Post by Bob
Don't forget, I'll be the one mouthing the words,
"Do you still think it's a myth?"

Another opinion unsubstantiated by any objective facts and rejected as mysticism and nonsense.
Post by Bob
I'll see you later.
Another unsupported opinion dismissed as more mysticism.

Meanwhile:

Let's just let people decide on their own if they want to read them or not. You're not threatened by other views from other Christians, are you?

https://thomastaylorministries.org/blog/calvinism-refuted-unconditional-election/

https://medium.com/four-courners-ministries/five-reasons-calvinism-is-a-false-doctrine-746846723315

https://montevistacoc.com/multimedia-archive/u-unconditional-election-true-or-false/

http://bbcbeeville.org/2017/03/calvinism-destroyed-unconditional-election/

https://m.biblestudyguide.org/topical/unconditional-election.htm

https://www.davidservant.com/articles/calvinism/calvinism-unconditional-election/

https://www.timefortruth.co.uk/errors-of-calvinism/

https://www.gospelway.com/salvation/predestination.php

Just because YOU think your particular cult is the right one, the one with "The TRVTH," doesn't mean it is.

It doesn't matter what I believe. I'm simply presenting other points of view. It's not my fault that they think Calvin was a bit off and came to wrong conclusions, and some even say he used deception and falsehoods.

I don't claim to be an expert on biblical interpretation.

I just know that there are many other Christian viewpoints on "election" and I think it only fair that the lurkers have a chance to see several of them.

Information is power, no?
b***@gmail.com
2020-03-16 13:39:05 UTC
Post by Bob
<snip list of anti-Calvinism books or articles>
Do you agree with what each one of those books
are saying?
As you explained, they aren't "saying" anything.
So, according to you, everything in their books has
no substance. So everything you posted also has no
substance, and no reason to exist. Nor do you have
any good reason to exist. You're just taking up space.
Post by Bob
In other words, do you subscribe to
Arminianism? Because if you don't, then your post
is entirely without any substance, and you end up
not saying anything.
I'm not "saying" anything.
Exactly. You disagree with Calvinists, and you disagree
with Arminians. So everyone can ignore everything you
posted. It's all worthless. It's all meaningless.

Just as your life is worthless and meaningless. You don't
stand for anything. Nothing will be lost the day you die.
Cloud Hobbit
2020-03-16 19:33:19 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Exactly. You disagree with Calvinists, and you disagree
with Arminians. So everyone can ignore everything you
posted. It's all worthless. It's all meaningless.

Eye of the beholder.
You flatly stated that written words are not saying anything. Only spoken words count for "saying" anything.

Its only your opinion that the links I posted are meaningless.

The lurkers are the ones that will make up their minds about worth.
Cloud Hobbit
2020-03-16 20:19:56 UTC
Here's where you told me that written words are not "saying" things.
You do remember how I proved, many times, that you are a
compulsive liar, here in a.a. last year, don't you?
I remember you saying it and nobody agreeing with you.
I didn't "say" anything. I posted many proofs of your compulsive
lying. I believe you just provided another proof.
Now you are imitating Farty Joe. You wrote it which is another way
of "saying" something.
No it isn't. There's another compulsive lie.

If I say something, I use my voice.
If I post something, I use my computer.
Is that just your unsupported opinion,
As is eerything you claim.
Everything I claim is not just my unsupported opinion.
And there's another compulsive lie.
or do you have proof
that no one agreed that you are a compulsive liar?
Nobody whose response i saw.
So it's just your opinion, and you don't know for sure that not one
person agrees that you've posted many lies here in a.a.

That's all I wanted you to admit.
_____________________

Perhaps you haven't noticed, persons on this NG are quick to point out anything they think is a lie and anyone they think is a liar.

I have not seen anyone but you claim I am a compulsive liar. If they have, I have not seen it.

You claim I'm a compulsive liar and do it by throwing out the normal definition of the word.

Making a statement that a person does not know is untrue does not make that person a liar, it makes them someone who got bad information.

I have not lied about anything according to the normal definition.

If we use your definition, then you are the most egregious liar here, with the possible exception of aaa.
b***@gmail.com
2020-03-16 21:16:17 UTC
Perhaps you haven't noticed, persons on this NG are quick to point out anything they think is a lie and anyone they think is a liar.
I have not seen anyone but you claim I am a compulsive liar.
No, really?

You expect an atheist to call another atheist a liar, here in alt.atheism?

Have you lost your mind? Are you insane?
Post by Cloud Hobbit
You claim I'm a compulsive liar and do it by throwing out the normal definition > of the word.
I'm using your definition of "lie", "False accusations are lies."

I also use the dictionary definition of "lie", "an inaccurate or false statement; a falsehood."

You have made many dozens of inaccurate or false statements.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
I have not lied about anything according to the normal definition.
You're the only one insinuating that the definition found in the dictionary
is not a normal definition.

You're also the only one who is contradicting what they posted earlier.

So, yes you have lied.
In fact, your last statement above is itself a lie. Making you a compulsive liar.
Post by Cloud Hobbit
If we use your definition, then you are the most egregious liar here, with the
possible exception of aaa.
And now, according to your newest definition, "No proof of that claim exists.
That means you're lying again.", you've successfully proven yourself to be a liar.

If you want to back yourself into a corner, I will be the last person to stop you.

<smirk>
b***@gmail.com
2020-03-16 20:30:19 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by b***@gmail.com
Exactly. You disagree with Calvinists, and you disagree
with Arminians. So everyone can ignore everything you
posted. It's all worthless. It's all meaningless.
Eye of the beholder.
You flatly stated that written words are not saying anything. Only spoken words count for "saying" anything.
No. That's you misinterpretation of what I said.
Post by b***@gmail.com
Its only your opinion that the links I posted are meaningless.
And now you're lying. I never said the links you posted are meaningless.
Post by b***@gmail.com
The lurkers are the ones that will make up their minds about worth.
And seeing you squirm and lie I'm sure is playing a big part in helping the
lurkers decide not to believe anything you post.

Thanks for making things so much easier for me.

<smirk>
vallor
2020-03-18 09:38:19 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Its only your opinion that the links I posted are meaningless.
The lurkers are the ones that will make up their minds about worth.
Thank you for posting those links.

I'm not sure who this invisible army of bobbo's is, but there's no
evidence of their existence.

And ol' bobbo would be just the kind of guy that would vehemently speak
out against Harvey the Pooka.

We know the type: for the Bobbo, up is down, war is peace, and he
considers himself "elect".

Lul.
--
-v
"The Allwise Creator hath been dishonored by being made the author of
fable, and the human mind degraded by believing it." -Thomas Paine
b***@gmail.com
2020-03-15 16:33:35 UTC
On Sunday, March 15, 2020 at 9:58:56 AM UTC-4, ***@gmail.com wrote:

Unconditional Election
by Loraine Boettner

It is unreasonable to suppose that people can appropriate to themselves
something concerning which they know nothing. We readily see that so
far as the pleasures and joys and opportunities in this world are
concerned the heathens are largely passed by; and on the same principle
we would expect them to be passed by in the next world also. Those who
are providentially placed in the pagan darkness of western China can no
more accept Christ as Savior than they can accept the radio, the
airplane, or the Copernican system of astronomy, things concerning
which they are totally ignorant. When God places people in such
conditions we may be sure that He has no more intention that they shall
be saved than He has that the soil of northern Siberia, which is frozen
all the year round, shall produce crops of wheat. Had he intended
otherwise He would have supplied the means leading to the designed end.
There are also multitudes in the nominally Christian lands to whom the
Gospel has never been presented in any adequate way, who have not even
the outward means of salvation, to say nothing of the helpless state of
their heart.

Thank-you. ***@gmail.com
John Ritson
2020-03-15 17:06:03 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
[...]
The Calvinist imaginary deity is presented by Loraine Boettner as a
complete inadequate, unable to save souls unless all the conditions are
right.
--
John Ritson
https://www.avg.com
LinuxGal
2020-03-15 17:34:21 UTC
Post by John Ritson
The Calvinist imaginary deity is presented by Loraine Boettner as a
complete inadequate, unable to save souls unless all the conditions are
right.
And if conditions are not right, God planned it that way.
--
I have spoken.

https://twitter.com/LinuxGal
b***@gmail.com
2020-03-16 03:21:17 UTC
Unconditional Election
by Loraine Boettner

This, of course, does not mean that all of the lost shall suffer the
same degree of punishment. We believe that from a common zero point
there will be all degrees of reward and all degrees of punishment, and
that a person's reward or punishment will, to a certain extent, be
based on the opportunity that he has had in this world. Jesus Himself
declared that in the day of judgment it would be more tolerable for the
heathen city of Sodom than for those cities of Palestine which had
heard and rejected His message (Luke 10:12-14); and He closed the
parable of the faithful and unfaithful servants with the words: "And
that servant, who knew his lord's will, and made not ready, nor did
according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes; but he that
knew not, and did things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few
stripes. And to whomsoever much is given, of him shall much be
required; and to whom they commit much, of him will they ask the more,"
Luke 12:47, 48. So while the heathens are lost, they shall suffer
relatively less than those who have heard and rejected the Gospel.

Thank-you. ***@gmail.com
John Ritson
2020-03-16 11:53:10 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
[...]
So poor dim Loraine Boettner dares to question the "secret things" of
his imaginary "sovereign" deity.

"We believe that from a common zero point there will be all degrees of
reward and all degrees of punishment, and that a person's reward or
punishment will, to a certain extent, be based on the opportunity that
he has had in this world."

This "belief" flies in the face of "sovereignty". If the deity wants to
persecute someone, he can, because he's the deity. He doesn't have to
conform to any rules.
He can even condemn the self-proclaimed "elect" to eternal punishment.
--
John Ritson
https://www.avg.com
b***@gmail.com
2020-03-16 13:42:28 UTC
Unconditional Election
by Loraine Boettner

Hence in regard to this problem of the heathen races, Arminians are, at
the very outset, involved in difficulties which subvert their whole
scheme, difficulties from which they have never been able to extricate
themselves. They admit that only in Christ is there salvation; yet they
see that multitudes die without ever having heard of Christ or the
Gospel. Holding that sufficient grace or opportunity must be given to
every man before he can be condemned, many of them have been led to
postulate a future probation,--this however is not only without
Scripture support, but is contrary to Scripture. As Cunningham says,
"Calvinists have always regarded it as a strong argument against the
Arminian doctrines of universal grace and universal redemption, and in
favor of their own views of the sovereign purposes of God, that, in
point of fact, so large a portion of the human race have been always
left in entire ignorance of God's mercy, and of the way of salvation
revealed in the Gospel; nay, in such circumstances as, to all
appearances, throw insuperable obstacles in the way of their attaining
to that knowledge of God and of Jesus Christ, which is eternal life."

Thank-you. ***@gmail.com
b***@gmail.com
2020-03-16 19:19:05 UTC
Unconditional Election
by Loraine Boettner

Only in Calvinism, with its doctrine of the guilt and corruption of all
mankind through the fall, and its doctrine of grace through which some
are sovereignly rescued and brought to salvation while others are
passed by, do we find an adequate explanation of the phenomenon of the
heathen world.

Thank-you. ***@gmail.com
Melzzzzz
2020-03-16 19:32:16 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Unconditional Election
by Loraine Boettner
Only in Calvinism, with its doctrine of the guilt and corruption of all
mankind through the fall, and its doctrine of grace through which some
are sovereignly rescued and brought to salvation while others are
passed by, do we find an adequate explanation of the phenomenon of the
heathen world.
--
If you have a question about the Doctrine of Election, or anything to do with
the Bible, send me an email and I will answer you back as soon as I can.
bob, dung can?
U ničemu ja ne uživam kao u svom statusu INVALIDA -- Zli Zec
Svi smo svedoci - oko 3 godine intenzivne propagande je dovoljno da jedan narod poludi -- Zli Zec
Na divljem zapadu i nije bilo tako puno nasilja, upravo zato jer su svi
bili naoruzani. -- Mladen Gogala
John Ritson
2020-03-16 20:44:23 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Unconditional Election
by Loraine Boettner
Only in Calvinism, with its doctrine of the guilt and corruption of all
mankind through the fall, and its doctrine of grace through which some
are sovereignly rescued and brought to salvation while others are
passed by, do we find an adequate explanation of the phenomenon of the
heathen world.
The complete absence of any deity would be an adequate explanation.
--
John Ritson
https://www.avg.com
LinuxGal
2020-03-17 00:26:21 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Unconditional Election
by Loraine Boettner
Only in Calvinism, with its doctrine of the guilt and corruption of all
mankind through the fall, and its doctrine of grace through which some
are sovereignly rescued and brought to salvation while others are
passed by, do we find an adequate explanation of the phenomenon of the
heathen world.
Teresita: "Lazy missionaries of a revealed religion explains
the continued existence of heathens."

Smirkin' Bob: "That's not adequate."

Teresita: "Why not?"

Smirkin' Bob: "Because I said so, that's why."
--
I have spoken.

2020-03-17 00:50:20 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Unconditional Election
by Loraine Boettner
Only in Calvinism, with its doctrine of the guilt and corruption of all
mankind through the fall, and its doctrine of grace through which some
are sovereignly rescued and brought to salvation while others are
passed by, do we find an adequate explanation of the phenomenon of the
heathen world.
Teresita: "Lazy missionaries of a revealed religion explains the
continued existence of heathens."
Bob: "That's not adequate."
Teresita: "Why not?"
Bob: "Because I said so, that's why."
I'll bet you wish that was all factual, and true to life.

However, unfortunately for you, it's nowhere near factual.

But you can believe it if you want to. We've been warned
by our Leader that's what you'll do. So it won't come as
any kind of surprise, or anything.

We've been kind of expecting it. What took you so long?

You must be new at this.
vallor
2020-03-18 09:50:26 UTC
Unconditional Election by Loraine Boettner
Only in Calvinism, with its doctrine of the guilt and corruption of all
mankind through the fall, and its doctrine of grace through which some
are sovereignly rescued and brought to salvation while others are
passed by, do we find an adequate explanation of the phenomenon of the
heathen world.
Teresita: "Lazy missionaries of a revealed religion explains the
continued existence of heathens."
Smirkin' Bob: "That's not adequate."
Teresita: "Why not?"
Smirkin' Bob: "Because I said so, that's why."
Yeah, ol' Bobbo suffers from a severe case of Dunning-Kruger effect.

Or to put it in terms that a dumb-dumb like him would understand: he is
addicted to the _feeling_ of certainty, when in fact, it's just his
hubris, fueled by ignorance.

But by the rules of his particular "game of life": he can never, ever,
ever admit that. One slip, and he's hellbound.

Of course, he'll _also_ tell you that it is a physical impossibility for
him to make that slip, because he's already "elected". Thus, he thinks he
could write, say, or think anything he wants, and (he thinks) it will
never have any effect on the inevitable outcome.

Yet, by reading this very post, his fate is sealed.

<smirk>

Your welcome, Bobbo.
John Ritson
2020-03-16 20:42:46 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
[...]
As Loraine Boettner admitted, Calvinism "is indeed an unpleasant
doctrine".
--
John Ritson
https://www.avg.com
John Ritson
2020-03-15 17:02:29 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
[...]
Again Calvinism depends on Bible-mangling, such as adding words such as
"under ordinary conditions" to make their interpretation seem less
ridiculous.
--
John Ritson
https://www.avg.com