An Official definition of "atheism"....
!! Atheist ------------------------------
2018-03-02 09:46:39 UTC
The Atheist Community of Austin website:

"We define atheism as the lack of belief in gods. This definition
also encompasses what most people call agnosticism."

https://atheist-community.org/about/position-statements
https://atheist-community.org

Invitation:
Anyone with verifiable evidence of a god or "holy" ghosts,
please present in alt.atheism.
--
There is no verifiable evidence of any god(s). None whatsoever.
Extortion (Believe or Burn) is *THE* foundation of Christianity.
Sycophant: a compulsive ass-kisser of un-evidenced dictator god.
Oleg Smirnov
2018-03-02 09:52:46 UTC
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
"We define atheism as the lack of belief in gods. This definition
also encompasses what most people call agnosticism."
https://atheist-community.org/about/position-statements
https://atheist-community.org
Anyone with verifiable evidence of a god or "holy" ghosts,
please present in alt.atheism.
--
There is no verifiable evidence of any god(s). None whatsoever.
Extortion (Believe or Burn) is *THE* foundation of Christianity.
Sycophant: a compulsive ass-kisser of un-evidenced dictator god.
If there's a word in the language, and the people widely use it
while speaking, then it means there is some entity the word refers
to, which means it exists.

While talking about God you're making God [more] existent.
Cloud Hobbit
2018-03-02 10:17:33 UTC
If there's a word in the language, and the people widely use it
while speaking, then it means there is some entity the word refers
to, which means it exists.
________________

So Hobbits, Elves, Warlocks, Leprechauns, all exist?

Having a word for something does not make that something become real.

It just means there is a word for a concept not that the concept is real.

God is only a concept and is no more real than the invisible pink unicorn I have in my garage.
Oleg Smirnov
What does 'exist' mean, exactly?
Malte Runz
2018-03-02 12:35:39 UTC
On Fri, 2 Mar 2018 02:17:33 -0800 (PST), Cloud Hobbit
Post by Oleg Smirnov
If there's a word in the language, and the people widely use it
while speaking, then it means there is some entity the word refers
to, which means it exists.
________________
So Hobbits, Elves, Warlocks, Leprechauns, all exist?
You beat me to it.
Post by Oleg Smirnov
Having a word for something does not make that something become real.
I don't think he believes it himself.
Post by Oleg Smirnov
It just means there is a word for a concept not that the concept is real.
God is only a concept and is no more real than the invisible pink unicorn I have in my garage.
'But... but... But I want to believe!'
Malte Runz
Tim
2018-03-02 10:21:28 UTC
Post by Oleg Smirnov
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
"We define atheism as the lack of belief in gods. This definition
also encompasses what most people call agnosticism."
https://atheist-community.org/about/position-statements
https://atheist-community.org
Anyone with verifiable evidence of a god or "holy" ghosts,
please present in alt.atheism.
--
There is no verifiable evidence of any god(s). None whatsoever.
Extortion (Believe or Burn) is *THE* foundation of Christianity.
Sycophant: a compulsive ass-kisser of un-evidenced dictator god.
If there's a word in the language, and the people widely use it
while speaking, then it means there is some entity the word refers
to, which means it exists.
So Snow White and the seven dwarfs are real? LOL!
Sure, and talking about Harry Potter makes him real too, LOL! You're an idiot.
Oleg Smirnov
Some ingenuous people do not understand well what really 'real' is.
Malte Runz
2018-03-02 12:27:52 UTC
Post by Oleg Smirnov
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
"We define atheism as the lack of belief in gods. This definition
also encompasses what most people call agnosticism."
https://atheist-community.org/about/position-statements
https://atheist-community.org
Anyone with verifiable evidence of a god or "holy" ghosts,
please present in alt.atheism.
--
There is no verifiable evidence of any god(s). None whatsoever.
Extortion (Believe or Burn) is *THE* foundation of Christianity.
Sycophant: a compulsive ass-kisser of un-evidenced dictator god.
If there's a word in the language, and the people widely use it
while speaking, then it means there is some entity the word refers
to, which means it exists.
That is not how it works, buddy.
Post by Oleg Smirnov
While talking about God you're making God [more] existent.
Unicorns, Santa Claus, Batman, Baal.

See what I mean?
Malte Runz
abelard
2018-03-02 12:37:03 UTC
On Fri, 02 Mar 2018 13:27:52 +0100, Malte Runz
Post by Malte Runz
Post by Oleg Smirnov
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
"We define atheism as the lack of belief in gods. This definition
also encompasses what most people call agnosticism."
https://atheist-community.org/about/position-statements
https://atheist-community.org
Anyone with verifiable evidence of a god or "holy" ghosts,
please present in alt.atheism.
--
There is no verifiable evidence of any god(s). None whatsoever.
Extortion (Believe or Burn) is *THE* foundation of Christianity.
Sycophant: a compulsive ass-kisser of un-evidenced dictator god.
If there's a word in the language, and the people widely use it
while speaking, then it means there is some entity the word refers
to, which means it exists.
That is not how it works, buddy.
so you claim, with not a shred of evidence
Post by Malte Runz
Post by Oleg Smirnov
While talking about God you're making God [more] existent.
Unicorns, Santa Claus, Batman, Baal.
See what I mean?
if anything...i don't even read what you don't mean

you appear to mean...nothing
www.abelard.org
Malte Runz
2018-03-02 12:42:31 UTC
Post by Malte Runz
Post by Oleg Smirnov
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
"We define atheism as the lack of belief in gods. This definition
also encompasses what most people call agnosticism."
https://atheist-community.org/about/position-statements
https://atheist-community.org
Anyone with verifiable evidence of a god or "holy" ghosts,
please present in alt.atheism.
--
There is no verifiable evidence of any god(s). None whatsoever.
Extortion (Believe or Burn) is *THE* foundation of Christianity.
Sycophant: a compulsive ass-kisser of un-evidenced dictator god.
If there's a word in the language, and the people widely use it
while speaking, then it means there is some entity the word refers
to, which means it exists.
That is not how it works, buddy.
so you claim, with not a shred of evidence
Evidence of what? Evidence of the non-existence of Peter Pan?
Post by abelard
Post by Malte Runz
Post by Oleg Smirnov
While talking about God you're making God [more] existent.
Unicorns, Santa Claus, Batman, Baal.
See what I mean?
if anything...i don't even read what you don't mean
you appear to mean...nothing
You appear to be an idiotic troll.
Malte Runz
Andrew
2018-03-02 06:13:42 UTC
"We define atheism as the lack of belief in gods. This
definition also encompasses what most people call
agnosticism."
You folks are obviously confused.

You don't know what you believe.

I know for a fact that --> there are
no "gods".

Because the living God specifically
told us so himself.

"I am the Lord, and there is none
else; there is no God besides Me."
~ God

True there are some fake "gods"
that are made by foolish people.

"Their idols are silver and gold, the
work of men's hands. They have mouths,
but they do not speak; Eyes they have,
but they do not see; They have ears, but
they do not hear; Noses they have, but
they do not smell; They have hands, but
they do not handle; Feet they have, but
they do not walk; Nor do they mutter
through their throat. Those who make
them are like them; So is everyone who
trusts in them." ~ Ps 115:4-8

"But our God is in heaven;" ~ v.3

He is the only -real- God.

If you go by the established *laws of science*,
the Universe and the life therein are not possible
of themselves apart from a most awesome God,
our Creator.

Glory to Him.
Tim
2018-03-02 11:24:56 UTC
Post by Andrew
"We define atheism as the lack of belief in gods. This
definition also encompasses what most people call
agnosticism."
You folks are obviously confused.
You don't know what you believe.
LOL! So you 'think' you are privy to other people's states of mind. But you are not.
LOL! Nice try, honest andrew, but if there are no gods, then there is no god.
Malte Runz
2018-03-02 12:09:37 UTC
Post by Andrew
"We define atheism as the lack of belief in gods. This
definition also encompasses what most people call
agnosticism."
You folks are obviously confused.
Nope. I do not believe any god exists. It can't be said more clearly.
Post by Andrew
You don't know what you believe.
Irrelevant. It's what we don't believe that qualifies us as atheists.
Post by Andrew
I know for a fact that --> there are
no "gods".
Ripe for quote mining.
Post by Andrew
Because the living God specifically
told us so himself.
Really? Where? In the book he wrote himself?
Post by Andrew
"I am the Lord, and there is none
else; there is no God besides Me."
~ God
'We know God is real, because he says so himself. QED.'
Post by Andrew
True there are some fake "gods"
that are made by foolish people.
All gods, including God, are made by people. Prove me wrong.
Post by Andrew
"Their idols are silver and gold, the
work of men's hands. They have mouths,
but they do not speak; Eyes they have,
but they do not see; They have ears, but
they do not hear; Noses they have, but
they do not smell; They have hands, but
they do not handle; Feet they have, but
they do not walk; Nor do they mutter
through their throat. Those who make
them are like them; So is everyone who
trusts in them." ~ Ps 115:4-8
"But our God is in heaven;" ~ v.3
He is the only -real- God.
Because He says so himself in the book that is written by Himself and
therefore must be true, because He is the only god, and we know that
because He wrote in the book we know is the truth because it is
written by God, who we know is the ONLY god, because He says so
himself in the book etc. etc.

That's just great.
Post by Andrew
If you go by the established *laws of science*,
the Universe and the life therein are not possible
of themselves apart from a most awesome God,
our Creator.
Pick one of the "established *laws of science*" and explain ... who
am I kidding. Go play with yourself.
Post by Andrew
Glory to Him.
And if you don't suck His dick you're going to burn in Hell.
Malte Runz
abelard
2018-03-02 12:11:47 UTC
On Fri, 02 Mar 2018 13:09:37 +0100, Malte Runz
Post by Malte Runz
Post by Andrew
"We define atheism as the lack of belief in gods. This
definition also encompasses what most people call
agnosticism."
You folks are obviously confused.
Nope. I do not believe any god exists. It can't be said more clearly.
your beliefs are not my problem
www.abelard.org
Malte Runz
2018-03-02 12:24:23 UTC
Post by Malte Runz
Post by Andrew
"We define atheism as the lack of belief in gods. This
definition also encompasses what most people call
agnosticism."
You folks are obviously confused.
Nope. I do not believe any god exists. It can't be said more clearly.
your beliefs are not my problem
What about the stuff I don't believe, like the existence of gods. Is
that a problem to you?
Malte Runz
abelard
2018-03-02 12:35:00 UTC
Post by Malte Runz
Post by Andrew
"We define atheism as the lack of belief in gods. This
definition also encompasses what most people call
agnosticism."
You folks are obviously confused.
Nope. I do not believe any god exists. It can't be said more clearly.
your beliefs are not my problem
What about the stuff I don't believe, like the existence of gods. Is
that a problem to you?
i care even less about what you don't believe

i don't care about what you don't do either...

i don't even care that i don't care
www.abelard.org
Malte Runz
2018-03-02 12:36:45 UTC
Post by Malte Runz
Post by Andrew
"We define atheism as the lack of belief in gods. This
definition also encompasses what most people call
agnosticism."
You folks are obviously confused.
Nope. I do not believe any god exists. It can't be said more clearly.
your beliefs are not my problem
What about the stuff I don't believe, like the existence of gods. Is
that a problem to you?
i care even less about what you don't believe
i don't care about what you don't do either...
i don't even care that i don't care
The why did you care to comment?
Malte Runz
abelard
2018-03-02 12:37:59 UTC
Post by Malte Runz
Post by Andrew
"We define atheism as the lack of belief in gods. This
definition also encompasses what most people call
agnosticism."
You folks are obviously confused.
Nope. I do not believe any god exists. It can't be said more clearly.
your beliefs are not my problem
What about the stuff I don't believe, like the existence of gods. Is
that a problem to you?
i care even less about what you don't believe
i don't care about what you don't do either...
i don't even care that i don't care
The why did you care to comment?
because you are polluting the world with unnecessary words...

and i'm against pollution
www.abelard.org
Malte Runz
2018-03-02 12:39:54 UTC
Post by Malte Runz
Post by Andrew
"We define atheism as the lack of belief in gods. This
definition also encompasses what most people call
agnosticism."
You folks are obviously confused.
Nope. I do not believe any god exists. It can't be said more clearly.
your beliefs are not my problem
What about the stuff I don't believe, like the existence of gods. Is
that a problem to you?
i care even less about what you don't believe
i don't care about what you don't do either...
i don't even care that i don't care
The why did you care to comment?
because you are polluting the world with unnecessary words...
and i'm against pollution
Then keep quite, apelard.
Malte Runz
abelard
2018-03-02 12:44:32 UTC
Post by Malte Runz
Post by Andrew
"We define atheism as the lack of belief in gods. This
definition also encompasses what most people call
agnosticism."
You folks are obviously confused.
Nope. I do not believe any god exists. It can't be said more clearly.
your beliefs are not my problem
What about the stuff I don't believe, like the existence of gods. Is
that a problem to you?
i care even less about what you don't believe
i don't care about what you don't do either...
i don't even care that i don't care
The why did you care to comment?
because you are polluting the world with unnecessary words...
and i'm against pollution
Then keep quite, apelard.
as long as you keep polluting that ain't going to happen
--
www.abelard.org