Atheism is a reply
2020-09-18 12:46:37 UTC
It goes like this:

Believer: "There is a God who created everything, even you."

Atheist: "I don't believe you."
--
Linux Geeks: Smart. Single. Sexy.
Well, two out of three ain't bad!

https://twitter.com/LinuxGal
Bob Duncan
2020-09-18 13:08:26 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
Believer: "There is a God who created everything, even you."
Atheist: "I don't believe you."
And a Reformed Christian would say, "That's alright. That means you're
not one of the chosen elect of God, predestined for eternal life, before
you were born. Just like it says in the Bible. 'God chooses to show
mercy to some, and he chooses to harden the hearts of others so they
refuse to listen.'"

.
Kevrob
2020-09-18 13:49:51 UTC
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by LinuxGal
Believer: "There is a God who created everything, even you."
Atheist: "I don't believe you."
And a Reformed Christian would say, "That's alright. That means you're
not one of the chosen elect of God, predestined for eternal life, before
you were born. Just like it says in the Bible. 'God chooses to show
mercy to some, and he chooses to harden the hearts of others so they
refuse to listen.'"
.
"If you are telling me he chose you, that's one more
reason not to believe you."
Bob Duncan
2020-09-18 17:50:18 UTC
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by LinuxGal
Believer: "There is a God who created everything, even you."
Atheist: "I don't believe you."
And a Reformed Christian would say, "That's alright. That means you're
not one of the chosen elect of God, predestined for eternal life, before
you were born. Just like it says in the Bible. 'God chooses to show
mercy to some, and he chooses to harden the hearts of others so they
refuse to listen.'"
.
"If you are telling me he chose you, that's one more
reason not to believe you."
And God formed your personality to be like that.

It's amazing how God has every little detail taken care of. He's never
overcome by anything unexpected. He made you that way for no other
reason except to keep you from wanting anything to do with Him. What an
awesome God. He loves me, but He hates you.

"Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated."
[Romans 9:13]

* * * * * * * * *

Have a nice day.

You're welcome.

<grin>
LinuxGal

https://twitter.com/LinuxGal
Bob Duncan
2020-09-18 18:35:22 UTC
Post by Bob Duncan
It's amazing how God has every little detail taken care of. He's never
overcome by anything unexpected. He made you that way for no other
reason except to keep you from wanting anything to do with Him. What
an awesome God. He loves me, but He hates you.
Everybody wins....
....but not really.

You have to remember, He can make you *feel* like you're a winner, when
actually you're not.
aaa
2020-09-19 12:59:42 UTC
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by Bob Duncan
It's amazing how God has every little detail taken care of. He's
never overcome by anything unexpected. He made you that way for no
other reason except to keep you from wanting anything to do with Him.
What an awesome God. He loves me, but He hates you.
Everybody wins....
....but not really.
You have to remember, He can make you *feel* like you're a winner, when
actually you're not.
Deception never has anything to do with God.

God's spiritual evidence is evident in everyone.
Find it and treasure it because it's the covenant of God.
It's the reason why we are given this life on earth.
It's the foundation why we can have meaning in life.

Let's all honor our personal spiritual evidence of God for the sake of
Christ!
Bob Duncan
2020-09-19 15:51:46 UTC
Deception never has anything to do with God.
"So God will cause them to be greatly deceived, and they will believe
these lies."
[2 Thessalonians 2:11]

I'll bet you wish you knew what you were talking about, and you hadn't
sent that post. That way you wouldn't look like such an idiot right now.

Have someone read the Bible out loud to you. You'll find out you don't
know near as much as you think you do.

.
John Locke
2020-09-19 16:19:42 UTC
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by aaa
Deception never has anything to do with God.
"So God will cause them to be greatly deceived, and they will believe
these lies."
[2 Thessalonians 2:11]
I'll bet you wish you knew what you were talking about, and you hadn't
sent that post. That way you wouldn't look like such an idiot right now.
Have someone read the Bible out loud to you. You'll find out you don't
know near as much as you think you do.
...having read the Bible, as you claim, you should know by now that
it's all bullshit !

"I have found Christian dogma unintelligible. Early in life I
absented myself from Christian assemblies." - Ben Franklin
2020-09-19 19:59:07 UTC
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by aaa
Deception never has anything to do with God.
"So God will cause them to be greatly deceived, and they will believe
these lies."
[2 Thessalonians 2:11]
I'll bet you wish you knew what you were talking about, and you hadn't
sent that post. That way you wouldn't look like such an idiot right now.
Have someone read the Bible out loud to you. You'll find out you don't
know near as much as you think you do.
God doesn't lie. The one that lies isn't God. This is fundamental common
sense that will never change. Your interpretation and understanding of
the Bible needs improvement. Calling God a liar is a grave mistake.
..

Christ!
Bob Duncan
2020-09-19 21:58:40 UTC
God doesn't lie. The one that lies isn't God. This is fundamental common
sense that will never change. Your interpretation and understanding of
the Bible needs improvement. Calling God a liar is a grave mistake.
Show me where I said that God is a liar.

Right now you're the only one lying.

.
aaa
2020-09-20 15:23:29 UTC
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by aaa
God doesn't lie. The one that lies isn't God. This is fundamental
common sense that will never change. Your interpretation and
understanding of the Bible needs improvement. Calling God a liar is a
grave mistake.
Show me where I said that God is a liar.
Are you denying what you said previously?
Post by Bob Duncan
Right now you're the only one lying.
What I said in the above can't be lies.
..

Christ!
Bob Duncan

.
Bob Duncan
2020-09-20 22:40:02 UTC
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by aaa
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by aaa
Calling God a liar is a grave mistake.
Show me where I said that God is a liar.
Are you denying what you said previously?
Show me where I said that God is a liar.
You claiming that I called God a liar makes you the liar.

.
Mike Duffy
2020-09-21 04:24:20 UTC
On Sun, 20 Sep 2020 15:40:02 -0700, Bob Duncan wrote:

Ok Bob. How about this:

God tells Abraham he's going to test his faith by having him kill his own
son. (Isaac I think?) Later, he provides a ram for the sacrifice instead.

So, did God lie with his original statement, about Abraham showing his
faith?

Or, did God not actually know what he would end up doing?
(i.e. He was surprised to see the ram and changed his plan.)
aaa
2020-09-21 14:52:53 UTC
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by aaa
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by aaa
Calling God a liar is a grave mistake.
Show me where I said that God is a liar.
Are you denying what you said previously?
Show me where I said that God is a liar.
..
No problem.

In the previous post, you said: "You have to remember, He can make you
*feel* like you're a winner, when actually you're not."

That sounds like God is deceiving the person, does it not?

As I have learned, only Satan would deceive a person by inflating the
person's ego. God would never do anything like that. In the presence of
God, a person would only be humbled to praise God instead.

Christ!
Bob Duncan
2020-09-21 17:09:33 UTC
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by aaa
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by aaa
Calling God a liar is a grave mistake.
Show me where I said that God is a liar.
Are you denying what you said previously?
Show me where I said that God is a liar.
..
No problem.
In the previous post, you said: "You have to remember, He can make you
*feel* like you're a winner, when actually you're not."
That sounds like God is deceiving the person, does it not?
As I have learned, only Satan would deceive a person by inflating the
person's ego. God would never do anything like that. In the presence of
God, a person would only be humbled to praise God instead.
That sounds like you're trying to get out of a lie. There was no
"presence of God" even mentioned. You have to lie about that too.

You obviously know nothing about God. Nor do you understand human nature.

You accused me of saying that God is a liar. And now you cannot show me
where exactly I said that, only where it "sounds like" God is deceiving
a person.

What does 2 Thessalonians 2:11 "sound like" to your ears?

.
aaa
2020-09-21 23:57:34 UTC
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by aaa
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by aaa
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by aaa
Calling God a liar is a grave mistake.
Show me where I said that God is a liar.
Are you denying what you said previously?
Show me where I said that God is a liar.
..
No problem.
In the previous post, you said: "You have to remember, He can make you
*feel* like you're a winner, when actually you're not."
That sounds like God is deceiving the person, does it not?
As I have learned, only Satan would deceive a person by inflating the
person's ego. God would never do anything like that. In the presence
of God, a person would only be humbled to praise God instead.
That sounds like you're trying to get out of a lie. There was no
"presence of God" even mentioned. You have to lie about that too.
What kind of sorry excuse is that? What happened to your basic honesty
or decency?

Christ!
Bob Duncan
2020-09-22 01:14:11 UTC
On 9/21/2020 7:57 PM, aaa wrote:

<snip the sleazy attempt to change the subject>

You know you're wrong. That's why you're avoiding the question.

All you're really doing is proving what a low rent scumbag you are,
pretending to know God when actually you don't know Him at all.

God hates pretenders like you. Did you know that?

"So God will cause them to be greatly deceived, and they will believe
these lies."
[2 Thessalonians 2:11]

What does it "sound like" to your dainty little ears that God is doing
there?

God hates liars and pretenders like you. Don't ever forget that.

.

vallor
2020-09-21 02:52:44 UTC
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by aaa
Deception never has anything to do with God.
"So God will cause them to be greatly deceived, and they will believe
these lies."
[2 Thessalonians 2:11]
So "Paul" was an idiot. Big surprise.
Post by Bob Duncan
I'll bet you wish you knew what you were talking about,
Look, it's clear when you say things like this you're talking more to the
man in the mirror than anybody else.

It's okay if you don't know everything, Bobbo, there's no shame in that.
(The shame would be in you _pretending_ to know everything, and never
admitting you were wrong even once.)

For instance, do you know what happens to the human mind after you die?
You answer, then I'll answer. Go! :

_________
-v https://theproblemisextremism.org
JWS
2020-09-21 14:52:46 UTC
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by aaa
Deception never has anything to do with God.
"So God will cause them to be greatly deceived,
This says that god is a deceiver, and he is deceiving you.
Post by Bob Duncan
and they will believe these lies."
This says you will believe god's lies. And you demonstrate
that you do believe then.
[2 Thessalonians 2:11]
John Locke
2020-09-19 16:17:15 UTC
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by Bob Duncan
It's amazing how God has every little detail taken care of. He's
never overcome by anything unexpected. He made you that way for no
other reason except to keep you from wanting anything to do with Him.
What an awesome God. He loves me, but He hates you.
Everybody wins....
....but not really.
You have to remember, He can make you *feel* like you're a winner, when
actually you're not.
Deception never has anything to do with God.
...hogwash. It has EVERYTHING to do with your imaginary god. Without
deception the church would have no way impose your non-existent deity
upon the gullible masses !

2020-09-19 16:35:21 UTC
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by Bob Duncan
It's amazing how God has every little detail taken care of. He's
never overcome by anything unexpected. He made you that way for no
other reason except to keep you from wanting anything to do with Him.
What an awesome God. He loves me, but He hates you.
Everybody wins....
....but not really.
You have to remember, He can make you *feel* like you're a winner, when
actually you're not.
Deception never has anything to do with God.
...hogwash. It has EVERYTHING to do with your imaginary god. Without
deception the church would have no way impose your non-existent deity
upon the gullible masses !
I can assure you that such thing has nothing to do with God.

Christ!
John Locke
2020-09-19 19:07:20 UTC
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by Bob Duncan
It's amazing how God has every little detail taken care of. He's
never overcome by anything unexpected. He made you that way for no
other reason except to keep you from wanting anything to do with Him.
What an awesome God. He loves me, but He hates you.
Everybody wins....
....but not really.
You have to remember, He can make you *feel* like you're a winner, when
actually you're not.
Deception never has anything to do with God.
...hogwash. It has EVERYTHING to do with your imaginary god. Without
deception the church would have no way impose your non-existent deity
upon the gullible masses !
I can assure you that such thing has nothing to do with God.
...I can assure you, that because of deception, you
have fallen victim to the absurdity of god belief ! No greater scam
then religion has ever been imposed upon the gullible masses.

2020-09-20 13:32:56 UTC
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by Bob Duncan
[...]
That is only your prejudiced opinion. The god-belief isn't just a
religious concept. The god-belief is philosophical. It is the evidence
of human intelligence and the foundation of human civilization. If you
are intelligent enough to be human, you need a god-belief to demonstrate
such intelligence. If you acknowledge the human civilization, you need
the God-belief to justify such civilization. Without the God-belief, a
person will stop being human. Without the God-belief, many civilizations
have ceased to exist.

Christ!
m***@gmail.com
2020-09-19 18:48:28 UTC
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by Kevrob
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by LinuxGal
[...]
You are really a hate-filled person. Your so-called religion
has made you mentally ill. Think of that while you're
smirking at yourself in the mirror. Also, always remember
that you don't know whether you are elected or not.
Peter Pan
2020-09-19 20:37:20 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by Kevrob
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by LinuxGal
[...]
But Bob is hating and smirking for Jesus. It's not
because he loves being an asshole, in fact he would
rather spread love and peace and bunny-hugs. But when
Jesus assigns you to the hate team, how can you refuse?
Ted
LOL.
SkyEyes
2020-09-20 11:30:11 UTC
On Friday, September 18, 2020 at 10:50:14 AM UTC-7, Bob Duncan wrote:

<Snippage>
Post by Bob Duncan
It's amazing how God has every little detail taken care of. He's never
overcome by anything unexpected. He made you that way for no other
reason except to keep you from wanting anything to do with Him. What an
awesome God. He loves me, but He hates you.
Why would a god make a being that he specifically hated?

Brenda Nelson, A.A. #34
BAAWA Knight of the Golden Litterbox
Professor of Feline Thermometrics and Cat-Herding
Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
2020-09-20 15:24:11 UTC
Post by SkyEyes
<Snippage>
Post by Bob Duncan
It's amazing how God has every little detail taken care of. He's never
overcome by anything unexpected. He made you that way for no other
reason except to keep you from wanting anything to do with Him. What an
awesome God. He loves me, but He hates you.
Why would a god make a being that he specifically hated?
What an ignorant question. You need to get serious
and consider the fact that God created man and gave
him free choice. God did not create man to be incapable
of stupid, wrong, malicious, ignorant choices. God
expects man to use his intelligence and Christian
guidance to do the right thing willingly and offers
a reward. But, God is even-handed and offers punishment
for wrong and evil choices.

So, in conclusion, God doesn't HATE. God does feel
disappointment when man goes the way of Satan.
--
Yours Truly, Sir Gregøry

"I went to the wøøds because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the
essential facts of life, and see if I could nøt learn what it had to teach, and
nøt, when I came to die, discover that I had nøt lived." __Henry David Thøreau
Mitchell Holman
So much for forgiveness..........
Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
2020-09-20 18:24:27 UTC
So much for forgiveness..........
Here's a clue: God forgives those who ASK for
forgiveness through Jesus.

Ted
2020-09-20 22:08:47 UTC
On Sun, 20 Sep 2020 14:24:27 -0400, "Sir Hømer Hall,
Do you accept Jesus's sexual orientation?
Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
2020-09-20 22:11:56 UTC
On Sun, 20 Sep 2020 18:08:47 -0400, Ted <***@sam.street> wrote:
<...>
Post by Ted
Do you accept Jesus's sexual orientation?
What kind of a DUMB question is that?

Ted
2020-09-20 22:26:15 UTC
On Sun, 20 Sep 2020 18:11:56 -0400, "Sir Hømer Hall,
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Jesus was homosexual. Do you accept that fact or do you deny it?
Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
2020-09-20 22:30:28 UTC
Jesus was homosexual. Do you accept that fact or do you deny it?
I'll not entertain such a dumb assertion and
question. It's blasphemous and you should
repent..

Ted
2020-09-20 23:37:50 UTC
On Sun, 20 Sep 2020 18:30:28 -0400, "Sir Hømer Hall,
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by Ted
Jesus was homosexual. Do you accept that fact or do you deny it?
I'll not entertain such a dumb assertion and
question. It's blasphemous and you should
repent..
You're rejecting Jesus. I tried to show you that Jesus was homosexual
but you weren't interested because you don't care to know Jesus. Your
concept of him is false. You might as well have just made a statue
and named it Jesus.
Miloch
2020-09-21 01:14:17 UTC
On Sun, 20 Sep 2020 18:11:56 -0400, "Sir Hømer Hall,
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by Ted
Do you accept Jesus's sexual orientation?
What kind of a DUMB question is that?
I think the real question, Homie, is whether he was a 'top' or a 'bottom'.

*
Ted
2020-09-21 01:50:42 UTC
Post by Miloch
Post by Ted
On Sun, 20 Sep 2020 18:11:56 -0400, "Sir Hømer Hall,
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by Ted
Do you accept Jesus's sexual orientation?
What kind of a DUMB question is that?
I think the real question, Homie, is whether he was a 'top' or a 'bottom'.
Lol. Well, me might get an idea by how artists through the centuries
have portrayed the Gospel account:

https://tinyurl.com/y6r8jpjw

The Gospel states the Beloved Disciple was dressed only in his "inner
tunic", i.e. his underwear. And there are several other scriptural
references that make Jesus's relationship with the Beloved Disciple
clear.

But Homer doesn't like that. He'd rather reject the real Jesus for
one he's invented. Typical dishonest christer.
Christopher A. Lee
Does he sign himself off with "in Christ"?
Ted
2020-09-21 17:11:34 UTC
On Mon, 21 Sep 2020 06:32:45 -0500, Christopher A. Lee
Post by Mitchell Holman
So much for forgiveness..........
Here's a clue: God forgives those who ASK for
forgiveness through Jesus.
Do you accept Jesus's sexual orientation?
Does he sign himself off with "in Christ"?
Yep, whenever the christers say they're "in Christ", we know what
they mean.
JWS
:)
vallor
2020-09-21 02:46:55 UTC
Post by SkyEyes
<Snippage>
Post by Bob Duncan
It's amazing how God has every little detail taken care of. He's never
overcome by anything unexpected. He made you that way for no other
reason except to keep you from wanting anything to do with Him. What
an awesome God. He loves me, but He hates you.
Why would a god make a being that he specifically hated?
What an ignorant question. You need to get serious and consider the
fact that God created man and gave him free choice. God did not create
man to be incapable of stupid, wrong, malicious, ignorant choices. God
expects man to use his intelligence and Christian guidance to do the
right thing willingly and offers a reward. But, God is even-handed and
offers punishment for wrong and evil choices.
So, in conclusion, God doesn't HATE. God does feel disappointment when
man goes the way of Satan.
Your argument bears no resemblance to that of Bobbo.

You should discuss this with him and come up with a story you both agree
with...somewhere appropriate. :P
-v https://theproblemisextremism.org
Kevrob
2020-09-20 22:26:45 UTC
Post by SkyEyes
<Snippage>
Post by Bob Duncan
It's amazing how God has every little detail taken care of. He's never
overcome by anything unexpected. He made you that way for no other
reason except to keep you from wanting anything to do with Him. What an
awesome God. He loves me, but He hates you.
Why would a god make a being that he specifically hated?
That's what gave the authors of the Yahooey Chronicled the giggles.

Some humans like to torture small animals. We generally like
to keep an eye out for types like that. That's a trait that can
eventually progress into the enjoyment of hurting fellow humans.

If the Yahooey stories were true, it would suggest the ghod was
insane, in human terms. Broke it's brain creating everything?
Or, to follow a simpler path, they are just stories.
Bob Duncan
2020-09-20 22:38:26 UTC
Post by SkyEyes
Why would a god make a being that he specifically hated?
Do you fully understand the concept of divine omniscience?

.
Kevrob
2020-09-21 02:32:12 UTC
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by SkyEyes
Why would a god make a being that he specifically hated?
Do you fully understand the concept of divine omniscience?
.
Isn't Yahooey supposed to be beyond all human understanding?
So that a person suggesting an omniscient being who also has
free will would be a logical impossibility? Such a being would
know its own future, precluding any real choice. But if it is
at once all-knowing AND open to possibility, then we have a
paradox. Traditionally, the priests would mutter "it's a
mystery" and the believers just had to accept the (seeming)
contradiction. That's pluperfect nonsense.

I don't expect Duncan to be sympathetic to Whitehead and
"process theology,"* as a ghod that would grow and change
is probably to weird for him. For a lot of theists, a
ghod in anyway mutable doesn't qualify as a ghod. It's
not what I buy, either, but that's because I don't believe
in any version of theism.

* & Hartshorne, but I haven't read any of his work.

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/process-theism/
Bob Duncan
2020-09-21 03:50:11 UTC
Isn't Yahooey supposed to be beyond all human understanding?
You're talking about the god you have fabricated in your head. You're not talking about the God of the Bible.

So you can make up anything you want. It really doesn't matter.

I'm confident you and I will not be spending eternity at the same place.

That's all that matters.

.
Kevrob
2020-09-21 04:29:40 UTC
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by Kevrob
Isn't Yahooey supposed to be beyond all human understanding?
You're talking about the god you have fabricated in your head.
All ghodz are fabricated in people's heads.
Post by Bob Duncan
You're not talking about the God of the Bible.
I was fed a version of Yahooey, Josh and Da Boid when I was a
kid. It wasn't Calvin's ghod, norb Luther's, nor Zwingli's
nor L Ron Hubbard's.
Post by Bob Duncan
So you can make up anything you want. It really doesn't matter.
It only matters as an intellectual exercise to sho how silly
any of the version's are.
Post by Bob Duncan
I'm confident you and I will not be spending eternity at the same place.
That's all that matters.
I'm fairly certain nobody survives death, and no one "spends
eternity" anywhere. Entropy wins.
Bob Duncan
2020-09-21 04:58:15 UTC
All ghodz are fabricated in people's heads.
But God is not.

.
John Locke
2020-09-18 14:10:48 UTC
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by LinuxGal
Believer: "There is a God who created everything, even you."
Atheist: "I don't believe you."
And a Reformed Christian would say, "That's alright. That means you're
not one of the chosen elect of God, predestined for eternal life, before
you were born. Just like it says in the Bible. 'God chooses to show
mercy to some, and he chooses to harden the hearts of others so they
refuse to listen.'"
...that's really fucking stupid dogma. The village idiot could do
better then that !

m***@gmail.com
2020-09-18 14:41:09 UTC
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by LinuxGal
Believer: "There is a God who created everything, even you."
Atheist: "I don't believe you."
And a Reformed Christian would say, "That's alright. That means you're
not one of the chosen elect of God, predestined for eternal life, before
you were born. Just like it says in the Bible. 'God chooses to show
mercy to some, and he chooses to harden the hearts of others so they
refuse to listen.'"
Like I've told you before. The godthing you believe in is a monster.
That you don't seem to mind your godthing torturing innocent people
that he deliberately created to suffer and make others suffer, too,
makes you a monster, also.
.
LinuxGal
2020-09-18 14:44:11 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Like I've told you before. The godthing you believe in is a monster.
That you don't seem to mind your godthing torturing innocent people
that he deliberately created to suffer and make others suffer, too,
makes you a monster, also.
If there's an afterlife where all the monsters pat each
other on the back for the rest of time, more power to 'em.

https://twitter.com/LinuxGal
Bob Duncan
2020-09-18 18:09:29 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Like I've told you before. The godthing you believe in is a monster.
That you don't seem to mind your godthing torturing innocent people
that he deliberately created to suffer and make others suffer, too,
makes you a monster, also.
If there's an afterlife where all the monsters pat each other on the
back for the rest of time, more power to 'em.
You're both saying and doing just what God wants you to say and do.

"With the purified you show yourself pure;
and with the devious you make yourself seem tortuous."
[Psalm 18:26]

God is sovereign over every thing.

There's nothing you can say, or do, or think, or feel that He would not
be expecting from you.

He made you to be that way.

.
Christopher A. Lee
2020-09-18 15:34:27 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by LinuxGal
Believer: "There is a God who created everything, even you."
Atheist: "I don't believe you."
And a Reformed Christian would say, "That's alright. That means you're
not one of the chosen elect of God, predestined for eternal life, before
you were born. Just like it says in the Bible. 'God chooses to show
mercy to some, and he chooses to harden the hearts of others so they
refuse to listen.'"
Like I've told you before. The godthing you believe in is a monster.
That you don't seem to mind your godthing torturing innocent people
that he deliberately created to suffer and make others suffer, too,
makes you a monster, also.
If the "Reformed Christian" had any commonsense or courtesy he
wouldn't say something so mind-bogglingly stupid to the very people he
lies about.

When religion makes people so stupidly, in-your-face nasty, is it any
wonder atheists have such a low opinion of it?
m***@gmail.com
Nope.
Yap Honghor
2020-09-19 09:52:16 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by LinuxGal
Believer: "There is a God who created everything, even you."
Atheist: "I don't believe you."
And a Reformed Christian would say, "That's alright. That means you're
not one of the chosen elect of God, predestined for eternal life, before
you were born. Just like it says in the Bible. 'God chooses to show
mercy to some, and he chooses to harden the hearts of others so they
refuse to listen.'"
Like I've told you before. The godthing you believe in is a monster.
That you don't seem to mind your godthing torturing innocent people
that he deliberately created to suffer and make others suffer, too,
makes you a monster, also.
He is probably also a disbeliever, in hindsight?
Post by m***@gmail.com
.
Kevrob
2020-09-19 15:00:29 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by LinuxGal
Believer: "There is a God who created everything, even you."
Atheist: "I don't believe you."
And a Reformed Christian would say, "That's alright. That means you're
not one of the chosen elect of God, predestined for eternal life, before
you were born. Just like it says in the Bible. 'God chooses to show
mercy to some, and he chooses to harden the hearts of others so they
refuse to listen.'"
Like I've told you before. The godthing you believe in is a monster.
That you don't seem to mind your godthing torturing innocent people
that he deliberately created to suffer and make others suffer, too,
makes you a monster, also.
He is probably also a disbeliever, in hindsight?
Duncan, a Poe?

His poisonous personality is tailor-made to repel
people from his religion, so maybe Yap is onto something.

It doesn't jibe with the sermon-dumps, though.
Bob Duncan
2020-09-19 16:01:43 UTC
His poisonous personality is tailor-made to repel
people from his religion, so maybe Yap is onto something.
Too bad you can't prove that's true. You probably wish you could stop
lying and holding grudges against those who have exposed the real you.

.
Kevrob
2020-09-21 02:07:57 UTC
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by Kevrob
His poisonous personality is tailor-made to repel
people from his religion, so maybe Yap is onto something.
Too bad you can't prove that's true. You probably wish you could stop
lying and holding grudges against those who have exposed the real you.
.
"....maybe Yap is onto something...."

A mere _question_ about a poster's veracity is considered a "lie?"

FY&EWTLY!
Bob Duncan
2020-09-21 03:42:02 UTC
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by Kevrob
His poisonous personality is tailor-made to repel
people from his religion, so maybe Yap is onto something.
Too bad you can't prove that's true. You probably wish you could stop
lying and holding grudges against those who have exposed the real you.
.
A mere _question_ about a poster's veracity is considered a "lie?"
"His poisonous personality is tailor-made to repel people from his religion..."

I know that's a lie, that you cannot prove is true.

And it wasn't a question.

So there's your second lie.

You lie without even knowing you're lying.

You're mentally sick.

.
Kevrob
2020-09-21 04:24:13 UTC
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by Kevrob
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by Kevrob
His poisonous personality is tailor-made to repel
people from his religion, so maybe Yap is onto something.
Too bad you can't prove that's true. You probably wish you could stop
lying and holding grudges against those who have exposed the real you.
.
A mere _question_ about a poster's veracity is considered a "lie?"
"His poisonous personality is tailor-made to repel
people from his religion..."
I know that's a lie, that you cannot prove is true.
It's an _opinion_ based on your interaction with
the group. It might have been more accurate to write
"seems" rather than "is."
Post by Bob Duncan
And it wasn't a question.
So there's your second lie.
Whether or not you are a Poe was a question.
Post by Bob Duncan
You lie without even knowing you're lying.
You're mentally sick.
I'm not the one _seemingly_ obsessed with spouting
religious drivel where proselytizing is off-charter.
Nor do I have delusions of grandeur about being part
of "the elect" of a legendary moral monster. {Since
it's a legend, that means it doesn't have to be real.}
Bob Duncan
2020-09-21 04:56:38 UTC
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by Kevrob
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by Kevrob
His poisonous personality is tailor-made to repel
people from his religion, so maybe Yap is onto something.
Too bad you can't prove that's true. You probably wish you could stop
lying and holding grudges against those who have exposed the real you.
.
A mere _question_ about a poster's veracity is considered a "lie?"
"His poisonous personality is tailor-made to repel
people from his religion..."
I know that's a lie, that you cannot prove is true.
It's an _opinion_ based on your interaction with
the group. It might have been more accurate to write
"seems" rather than "is."
But you didn't. That's why it's a lie, and you're a liar.
Post by Kevrob
Post by Bob Duncan
And it wasn't a question.
So there's your second lie.
Whether or not you are a Poe was a question.
There was no question mark.

There's your third lie.
Post by Kevrob
Post by Bob Duncan
You lie without even knowing you're lying.
You're mentally sick.
I'm not the one _seemingly_ obsessed with spouting
religious drivel where proselytizing is off-charter.
Show me where I have tried to convince anyone there is a God.

You talk about a "ghod" more than I.
Post by Kevrob
Nor do I have delusions of grandeur
There you go again, making statements without any proof.

I know they are false. I know they are lies.

.
Kevrob
2020-09-21 05:33:28 UTC
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by Kevrob
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by Kevrob
Post by Kevrob
Post by Bob Duncan
And it wasn't a question.
So there's your second lie.
Whether or not you are a Poe was a question.
There was no question mark.
There's your third lie.
There was in this message:

Where I asked: "Duncan, a Poe?"
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by Kevrob
Post by Bob Duncan
You lie without even knowing you're lying.
You're mentally sick.
I'm not the one _seemingly_ obsessed with spouting
religious drivel where proselytizing is off-charter.
Show me where I have tried to convince anyone there is a God.
You info-dump long Calvinist tracts & link to videos
of preachers/theologians/other cranks spouting ghod-
nonsense.
Post by Bob Duncan
You talk about a "ghod" more than I.
Were all the proselytizing trolls to leave off
posting off-charter, the fictional boojums
would rarely come up.
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by Kevrob
Nor do I have delusions of grandeur
Translation: "But I AM Napoleon!"
Post by Bob Duncan
There you go again, making statements without any proof.
I know they are false. I know they are lies.
For you to be of an "elect," there would have to
be someone doing the electing.

Nobody is doing that.
Bob Duncan
2020-09-21 10:22:52 UTC
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by Kevrob
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by Kevrob
Post by Kevrob
Post by Bob Duncan
And it wasn't a question.
So there's your second lie.
Whether or not you are a Poe was a question.
There was no question mark.
There's your third lie.
Where I asked: "Duncan, a Poe?"
I was not responding to that, which anyone with a brain, and lacks the
propensity for telling lies, would have seen. I didn't include that in
my response. All I pointed out was the impossibility of you proving that
I have a "poisonous personality" that "is tailor-made to repel people
from his religion". That's not a question.

That alone proves that you are a liar. I'm an Augustinian Reformed
Christian. It's impossible to repel anyone away from Christianity if God
has elected them for regeneration and salvation. You know that fact
about Augustinianism by now.

In your attempt to get out of one lie, you make up two more lies. You're
mentally, and very desperately, sick.
Post by Kevrob
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by Kevrob
Post by Bob Duncan
You lie without even knowing you're lying.
You're mentally sick.
I'm not the one _seemingly_ obsessed with spouting
religious drivel where proselytizing is off-charter.
Show me where I have tried to convince anyone there is a God.
You info-dump long Calvinist tracts & link to videos
of preachers/theologians/other cranks spouting ghod-
nonsense.
Can you not stop lying for just a minute?
Again, show me where I have tried to convince anyone there is a God.

Don't bother. You can't.
Post by Kevrob
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by Kevrob
Nor do I have delusions of grandeur
Translation: "But I AM Napoleon!"
That's just more proof that you are a liar.
Post by Kevrob
For you to be of an "elect," there would have to
be someone doing the electing.
Nobody is doing that.
Prove it. Or else that's the fourth (or fifth) lie from a very mentally
sick liar.

.
Kevrob
2020-09-21 15:52:39 UTC
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by Kevrob
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by Kevrob
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by Kevrob
Post by Kevrob
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by Kevrob
Post by Bob Duncan
You lie without even knowing you're lying.
You're mentally sick.
I'm not the one _seemingly_ obsessed with spouting
religious drivel where proselytizing is off-charter.
Show me where I have tried to convince anyone there is a God.
You info-dump long Calvinist tracts & link to videos
of preachers/theologians/other cranks spouting ghod-
nonsense.
Can you not stop lying for just a minute?
Again, show me where I have tried to convince anyone there is a God.
Don't bother. You can't.
You have told us your info-dumps are for the benefit of
not-yet-"regenerated" folks who are, I suppose, unknowing
members of your "elect." In normal-people language, you
are preaching to the "lurkers." Run of the mill alt.atheism
"reprobates" are not supposed to be your targets.

Of course, you have no way of knowing whether or not it is part
of Yahooey's plan to eventualy "regenerate" even "scum" like me.
Or have you been given the Heavenly Guest List?

It's all nonsensical pilpul.
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by Kevrob
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by Kevrob
Nor do I have delusions of grandeur
Translation: "But I AM Napoleon!"
That's just more proof that you are a liar.
And that you don't know your Bugs Bunny. :)
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by Kevrob
For you to be of an "elect," there would have to
be someone doing the electing.
Nobody is doing that.
Prove it. Or else that's the fourth (or fifth) lie from
a very mentally sick liar.
Once again, the believer demands the non-believer disprove the
mythology, instead of its advocate proving it.

One assumes there is no ghod, absent sufficient evidence that
there is one. Then an advocate of one particular theism would
have to establish that the sect they follow has the correct view
of things, compared to all the others. What if it were those
evil Arminians who got things right? Or the Hindus? Or the
animism of some undiscovered tribe in the Amazon? To atheists,
all these belief systems are equivalent, at least epistemologically.

On a personal level, the only theism that would make sense to me,
based on a knowledge of human history, is a hands-off "divine being"
or beings on the model of the Deists, an author of "natural law,"
but not necessarily a judge of mankind, with no promise of life after
death, no need for worship and no need for prayer. Such a ghod not
being imminent, prayer would not be any more useful than meditation.

That kind of ghod would seem sterile and uncomforting to most, and is
as near to no ghod at all, at least functionally, as to make no difference.
A ghod like that may have once existed, but since creating the universe,
its existence may have ended. The pandeists suggest it put all of its
essence into its creation, and becoming it.

I don't believe any of that, but it makes as much sense as any other
mythology, and avoids many of the logical pitfalls of the popular creeds:
notably theodicy (the problem of evil.)

People want to be comforted by their legends. Truths that disquiet
are often ignored. Oh, sure, "behave or you will face eternal
punishment" is no comfort to those who will not bend the knee to the
mythical torturers. It may be to those convinced they will escape
such chastisement. There's the stench of a child's smugness when
his sibling is caught misbehaving, while, at least temporarily,
being a "good little boy" (or girl.)

[See Aquinas' gloss on Isaiah:

Wherefore in order that the happiness of the saints may be more
delightful to them and that they may render more copious thanks
to God for it, they are allowed to see perfectly the sufferings
of the damned.

https://www.newadvent.org/summa/5094.htm ]

That's just sick.

There are people I don't agree with - Marxists, for example -
whose philosophy I consider wrong and even evil. I don't
castigate their every statement as a "lie." There have certainly
been those who adopted Marxism as a tool to gain power, and those
who regurgitated its maxims in order to get along in life under
Communist regimes. Those last are not unlike "believers" who
mumbled the prayers, sang the hymns and took the oaths without
really believing the local dominant religion, just to avoid
persecution. Some of those Commies were, to borrow Hoffer's phrase,
"true believers." What they believed was horrible, but they were
sincere.

What cane into question was whether "Robert Duncan" believes all
this Calvinist drivel, or is just having us on. Poe's Law:

[quote]

Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is
utterly impossible to parody a Creationist in such a way that someone
won't mistake for the genuine article.

[/quote]

https://www.christianforums.com/threads/big-contradictions-in-the-evolution-theory.1962980/page-3#post-17606580

Sub in "Calvinist" for "creationist" and "Bob's your uncle."
(And what a nasty Thanksgiving dinner that would make!)
2020-09-18 20:16:25 UTC
[...] Just like it says in the Bible. [...]
Yeah, read the exact words of your clown god as quoted in
Exodus 20-31. He sounds like a real all-knowing genius. He
presents those really, really important rules for how to
sell your daughter and what to do if your cow falls into a
pit. Really important stuff. I don't know how we could have
survived without those super-human brilliant rules.
Bob Duncan
2020-09-18 21:57:01 UTC
[...] Just like it says in the Bible. [...]
Yeah, read the exact words of your clown god as quoted in
Exodus 20-31. He sounds like a real all-knowing genius. He
presents those really, really important rules for how to
sell your daughter and what to do if your cow falls into a
pit. Really important stuff. I don't know how we could have
survived without those super-human brilliant rules.
Since you seem to know so much about it, what do you believe the
daughters were sold for, and for how long were they sold?
m***@gmail.com
2020-09-19 18:51:13 UTC
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by Davej
[...] Just like it says in the Bible. [...]
Yeah, read the exact words of your clown god as quoted in
Exodus 20-31. He sounds like a real all-knowing genius. He
presents those really, really important rules for how to
sell your daughter and what to do if your cow falls into a
pit. Really important stuff. I don't know how we could have
survived without those super-human brilliant rules.
Since you seem to know so much about it, what do you believe the
daughters were sold for, and for how long were they sold?
For their entire lives, if their father didn't buy them back.
The seven year limit only referred to men.
Bob Duncan
2020-09-19 22:04:59 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by Bob Duncan
Since you seem to know so much about it, what do you believe the
daughters were sold for, and for how long were they sold?
For their entire lives, if their father didn't buy them back.
The seven year limit only referred to men.
Atheists have an uncanny knack for changing the subject.

That's what gives away your deceitfulness.
LinuxGal
2020-09-19 22:22:55 UTC
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by Bob Duncan
Since you seem to know so much about it, what do you believe the
daughters were sold for, and for how long were they sold?
For their entire lives, if their father didn't buy them back.
The seven year limit only referred to men.
Atheists have an uncanny knack for changing the subject.
If you fell into a barrel of tits you'd come up sucking your
thumb.

https://twitter.com/LinuxGal
Bob Duncan
2020-09-19 22:26:10 UTC
Post by Bob Duncan
Atheists have an uncanny knack for changing the subject.
If you fell into a barrel of tits you'd come up sucking your thumb.
Q.E.D.

.
Ted
LOL!
Peter Pan
2020-09-20 09:27:07 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by Bob Duncan
Since you seem to know so much about it, what do you believe the
daughters were sold for, and for how long were they sold?
For their entire lives, if their father didn't buy them back.
The seven year limit only referred to men.
Atheists have an uncanny knack for changing the subject.
If you fell into a barrel of tits you'd come up sucking your
thumb.
LOL!
Yep. How did Bob miss the humor?
--
"If you fell into a barrel of tits you'd come up sucking
your thumb." ——LinuxGal
Ted
2020-09-20 16:18:01 UTC
Post by Peter Pan
Post by LinuxGal
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by Peter Pan
Post by LinuxGal
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by Bob Duncan
daughters were sold for, and for how long were they sold?
For their entire lives, if their father didn't buy them back.
The seven year limit only referred to men.
Atheists have an uncanny knack for changing the subject.
If you fell into a barrel of tits you'd come up sucking your
thumb.
LOL!
Yep. How did Bob miss the humor?
You know he's a severely bent individual. Like Duke, who I also
suspect is humorless.
Yep. That one's certainly a keeper.
Ted
2020-09-20 21:45:02 UTC
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by Peter Pan
On Sat, 19 Sep 2020 15:22:55 -0700, LinuxGal
Post by LinuxGal
Post by Bob Duncan
Post by Peter Pan
Post by LinuxGal
Post by Bob Duncan
Yap Honghor
2020-09-19 09:50:39 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
Believer: "There is a God who created everything, even you."
He is trying to scam you, nothing more!!!
Post by LinuxGal
Atheist: "I don't believe you."
https://twitter.com/LinuxGal
Dennis Marcus
2020-09-19 20:45:39 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
Believer: "There is a God who created everything, even you."
Atheist: "I don't believe you."
--
Linux Geeks: Smart. Single. Sexy.
Well, two out of three ain't bad!
https://twitter.com/LinuxGal
Doesn't matter what you believe. Truth is truth.