Christians Behaving Badly
2020-03-25 13:10:25 UTC
Touch My Oily Hand Through the TV and I’ll Cure Your Coronavirus
MARCH 12, 2020

During a livestream last night, televangelist
Kenneth Copeland cured coronavirus.

It’s gone now. He just held out his hand,
asked viewers to touch their screens to meet
it, and… somehow coronavirus is no longer a
thing. Who knew.

------

"… Put your hand on that television set.
Hallelujah. Thank you, Lord Jesus. He
received your healing. Now say it: I
take it. I have it. It’s mine. I thank
you and praise you for it……

According to the Word of God, I am healed.
And I consider not my own body. I consider
not symptoms in my own body, but only that
which God has promised. Only that what the
Word has said. And by His stripes, I was
healed. And by His stripes, I am healed now.
I am not the sick trying to get healed. I
am the healed, and the Devil is trying to
give me the flu!… Or whatever else kind of
thing he’s trying."

-------

Christ, I don’t know what’s creepier: his
smile or his oily hand. This is just as
dangerous as Jim Bakker selling Silver
Solution as a cure for the virus — and that
got him sued. Why is Copeland allowed to use
Christianity to brainwash people into thinking
they’re okay when they might be contagious?
It’s dangerous.

And it only continues because too many
Christians seriously think prayer fixes
problems. Just because most of them aren’t
trying to scam you out of money doesn’t mean
their beliefs are any more legitimate than
Copeland’s.

If people with symptoms thinks they’re cured
of the virus after watching this, it’s possible
they’ll make irrational decisions that put even
more lives at risk. All in the name of Jesus.

This man is going to get people killed.

https://tinyurl.com/rp8pp79
Christopher A. Lee
2020-03-25 13:34:15 UTC
On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 08:10:25 -0500, Mitchell Holman
Post by Mitchell Holman
Touch My Oily Hand Through the TV and I’ll Cure Your Coronavirus
MARCH 12, 2020
During a livestream last night, televangelist
Kenneth Copeland cured coronavirus.
It’s gone now. He just held out his hand,
asked viewers to touch their screens to meet
it, and… somehow coronavirus is no longer a
thing. Who knew.
He should be prosecuted - just as Chung should have been. But the
First Amendment allows this sort of thing.
JTEM
2020-03-25 13:48:28 UTC
During a livestream last night, televangelist
Kenneth Copeland cured coronavirus.
In a world where woman are still being stoned to death for
adultery, we all need to invest time into wetting our pants
over faith healing.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/613544021170814976
Yap Honghor
Shit...JTEM is wetting her pants!
LinuxGal
2020-03-26 00:30:26 UTC
Touch My Oily Hand Through the TV and I'll Cure Your
Coronavirus
Just touch the TV screen while he prays to god from his
personal jet (to be closer to god and above all the other
prayers), plus (and this is important) send him your $$$.
--
I have spoken.

https://twitter.com/LinuxGal
d***@cox.net
2020-03-26 14:11:28 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
Touch My Oily Hand Through the TV and I'll Cure Your
Coronavirus
Just touch the TV screen while he prays to god from his
personal jet (to be closer to god and above all the other
prayers), plus (and this is important) send him your $$$.
Faith, which you lack, is key.
2020-03-26 14:28:30 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by LinuxGal
Touch My Oily Hand Through the TV and I'll Cure Your
Coronavirus
Just touch the TV screen while he prays to god from his
personal jet (to be closer to god and above all the other
prayers), plus (and this is important) send him your $$$.
Faith, which you lack, is key.
Catholic priests will bless the sick, but they also
don't interfere with doctors trying to heal you. The
US has 4 Catholic medical schools, and 2 for osteopaths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Catholic_universities_and_colleges_in_the_United_States#Catholic_medical_schools

There are many Catholic hospitals.

"Ignore the physical facts and rely on prayer alone" is not
what your church teaches, Earl. Your diocese's bishop has
had the good sense to ban large gatherings, and rely on
broadcasting and streaming services.

I think believers are misguided, but nowhere near all of them
are as bad as Copeland in this regard.

----------- A t h e i s t ------------
2020-03-26 17:30:51 UTC
Catholic priests will bless the sick, but they also
don't interfere with doctors trying to heal you.
Catholic priests have in fact interfered with medical doctors (historically).

You are always defending Catholics, as if you are still deep down a believer.
Post by Kevrob
The
US has 4 Catholic medical schools, and 2 for osteopaths.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Catholic_universities_and_colleges_in_the_United_States#Catholic_medical_schools
There are many Catholic hospitals.
"Ignore the physical facts and rely on prayer alone" is not
what your church teaches, Earl. Your diocese's bishop has
had the good sense to ban large gatherings, and rely on
broadcasting and streaming services.
I think believers are misguided, but nowhere near all of them
are as bad as Copeland in this regard.
Today's U.S. Christians are forced by secularism to behave; they
are not behaving because of their religion.

In this case, Catholics nationwide will mostly remain silent about
Copeland's phony TV healing when then should be _loudly_ condemning
all of this Christian scamming and fraud. But Catholics do it too.
you time-wasting milque-toast pussified mama's boy
--
There is no verifiable evidence of any god(s). None whatsoever.
Christian: a person afraid of a perpetually hiding [imaginary] god.
Extortion (Believe or Burn) is _THE_ foundation of Christianity.
Kevrob
2020-03-27 04:57:23 UTC
Post by ----------- A t h e i s t ------------
Post by Kevrob
Catholic priests will bless the sick, but they also
don't interfere with doctors trying to heal you.
Catholic priests have in fact interfered with medical doctors (historically).
They have, but since Vatican II, if nothing else, they
have ratcheted that back. They can't muster support to
ban contraceptives, unless they can frame certain ones as
abortifacients, and they can't get as near as many abortions
outlawed as they'd like.
Post by ----------- A t h e i s t ------------
You are always defending Catholics, as if you are still deep
down a believer.
Criticize the RCC as it currently is, instead of fixating on
what it was in the 13th century.* The church in the developed
world is doing a good job of destroying itself.

The one thing I do not want to see disappear is the Catholic
educational system, if the only alternative is schooling by
the state. I'd prefer a plethora of competing schools, but
none in the hands of local, state or Federal government. OK,
maybe the service academies should stay open!
Post by ----------- A t h e i s t ------------
Post by Kevrob
The
US has 4 Catholic medical schools, and 2 for osteopaths.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Catholic_universities_and_colleges_in_the_United_States#Catholic_medical_schools
There are many Catholic hospitals.
"Ignore the physical facts and rely on prayer alone" is not
what your church teaches, Earl. Your diocese's bishop has
had the good sense to ban large gatherings, and rely on
broadcasting and streaming services.
I think believers are misguided, but nowhere near all of them
are as bad as Copeland in this regard.
Today's U.S. Christians are forced by secularism to behave; they
are not behaving because of their religion.
That's true of the "mainline" Christians, many of whom are out the
chancel door, or nearly. ZThe more enthusiastic - evangelicals,
etc. - still "act up."
Post by ----------- A t h e i s t ------------
In this case, Catholics nationwide will mostly remain silent about
Copeland's phony TV healing when then should be _loudly_ condemning
all of this Christian scamming and fraud.
It was never my experience that Catholics paid attention
to TV preachers, until they had their scandals. Catholics
have Sunday mass on TV, _daily_ mass on some stations and
on cable, and p

But Catholics do it too.

They have their freelance con artists as well as the ones
fully integrated into the hierarchy.Mother Teresa stood
out.

JTEM
2020-03-26 18:33:09 UTC
Catholic priests will
So it's true: Jackasses think if they don't read about it then
it never happened.

HINT: Being a Catholic priest didn't stop them from being
this way, why do you believe that NOT being a Catholic
priest will cure you?

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/613614814473945088
Yap Honghor
2020-03-28 23:54:39 UTC
Post by JTEM
Post by Kevrob
Catholic priests will
So it's true: Jackasses think if they don't read about it then
it never happened.
HINT: Being a Catholic priest didn't stop them from being
this way, why do you believe that NOT being a Catholic
priest will cure you?
Because Catholic priests are scammers....
Is that too hard for you?
John Locke
2020-03-26 16:10:34 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by LinuxGal
Touch My Oily Hand Through the TV and I'll Cure Your
Coronavirus
Just touch the TV screen while he prays to god from his
personal jet (to be closer to god and above all the other
prayers), plus (and this is important) send him your $$$.
Faith, which you lack, is key.
...you haven't a clue Earl...here, I'll let these fellows
help you out:

"Faith is the fatigue resulting from the attempt to preserve God's
integrity instead of one's own" -- Matt Berry

"Faith means not wanting to know what is true" -- Friedrich Nietzsche

"Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I
consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile" - - Kurt
Vonnegut

"Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the
questions" -- Frater Ravus
Mitchell Holman
2020-03-26 17:56:34 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by LinuxGal
Touch My Oily Hand Through the TV and I'll Cure Your
Coronavirus
Just touch the TV screen while he prays to god from his
personal jet (to be closer to god and above all the other
prayers), plus (and this is important) send him your $$$.
Faith, which you lack, is key.
...you haven't a clue Earl...here, I'll let these fellows
"Faith is the fatigue resulting from the attempt to preserve God's
integrity instead of one's own" -- Matt Berry
"Faith means not wanting to know what is true" -- Friedrich Nietzsche
"Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I
consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile" - - Kurt
Vonnegut
"Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the
questions" -- Frater Ravus
"Faith is the believin' in somethin' you know ain't so"
Mark Twain.
Christopher A. Lee
2020-03-26 18:34:35 UTC
On Thu, 26 Mar 2020 12:56:34 -0500, Mitchell Holman
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by LinuxGal
[...]
"Faith is exempt from the burden of proof even when it's the only
justification for claims made in the real world"
- paraphrasing Mad Joe Bruno the Loono
Ivan The Terrible
2020-03-26 23:54:53 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by LinuxGal
[...]
Only idiots like you who equate faith with fact claim that.

You want evidence for every statement of belief?ROTFL! IDIOT
Ivan The Terrible
2020-03-27 04:24:47 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by LinuxGal
[...]
...yes ! ...especially since you insist on posting your strange
religious beliefs in an atheist newsgroup !
Post by Ivan The Terrible
ROTFL! IDIOT
...I hope you're not doing that in public. Someone might call the
funny wagon !
My religious beliefs cannot be proven and are not statements of fact.
_V_infernalis_
2020-03-27 09:30:47 UTC
^
Post by Ivan The Terrible
ROTFL! IDIOT
...I hope you're not doing that in public. Someone might call the
funny wagon !
My religious beliefs cannot be proven and are not statements of fact.
Yeah, Mitchell, he already told you that. Remember?

You:

If they are not factual why believe them?

Artie:

Because it makes me feel good.

Maybe I should try to believe in things just because it will make me feel good? ...

Nah.

Vi
Ivan The Terrible
Are you the thought police?
_V_infernalis_
2020-03-27 15:54:41 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Ivan The Terrible
ROTFL! IDIOT
...I hope you're not doing that in public. Someone might call the
funny wagon !
iv
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by _V_infernalis_
Post by Ivan The Terrible
My religious beliefs cannot be proven and are not statements of fact.
Yeah, Mitchell, he already told you that. Remember?
If they are not factual why believe them?
Because it makes me feel good.
Maybe I should try to believe in things just because it will make me feel good? ...
Nah.
Vi
Are you the thought police?
What? From merely quoting you?

Hell no, I'm not trying to keep you from believing as many afactual things as you want to.
Go for it! See if you can outdo Alice! Hell, that little ninny could only get to six
(before breakfast)

I wouldn't encourage you to believe, say, something like you're immune to the coronavirus.

But then I'm not the thought police. Die gedanken sind frei.
Don Martin
2020-03-27 16:28:51 UTC
On Fri, 27 Mar 2020 08:54:41 -0700 (PDT), _V_infernalis_
Post by _V_infernalis_
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by _V_infernalis_
Post by Ivan The Terrible
My religious beliefs cannot be proven and are not statements of fact.
Yeah, Mitchell, he already told you that. Remember?
If they are not factual why believe them?
Because it makes me feel good.
Maybe I should try to believe in things just because it will make me feel good? ...
Nah.
Vi
Are you the thought police?
What? From merely quoting you?
Hell no, I'm not trying to keep you from believing as many afactual things as you want to.
Go for it! See if you can outdo Alice! Hell, that little ninny could only get to six
(before breakfast)
That was not Alice, but the White Queen in _Through the Looking
Glass_.
2020-03-27 13:01:52 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Christopher A. Lee
On Thu, 26 Mar 2020 12:56:34 -0500, Mitchell Holman
Post by Ivan The Terrible
ROTFL! IDIOT
...I hope you're not doing that in public. Someone might call the
funny wagon !
My religious beliefs cannot be proven and are not statements of fact.
So your religious beliefs are no better
than astrology. Why do you believe them?
Ivan The Terrible
Why do you ask the same question numerous times?
_V_infernalis_
2020-03-27 15:55:23 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Ivan The Terrible
ROTFL! IDIOT
...I hope you're not doing that in public. Someone might call the
funny wagon !
vi
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Ivan The Terrible
My religious beliefs cannot be proven and are not statements of fact.
So your religious beliefs are no better
than astrology. Why do you believe them?
Why do you ask the same question numerous times?
Are you the Usenet police?

michellemalkingmail.com
Because you never answer questions completely.
Ivan The Terrible
That's a lie.
Christopher A. Lee
2020-03-27 13:37:20 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
ROTFL! IDIOT
...I hope you're not doing that in public. Someone might call the
funny wagon !
My religious beliefs cannot be proven and are not statements of fact.
Then why does he insist the Exodus was fact? Why is he an ID
creationist which is old Earth creationism with the pretence that its
designer doesn't have to be the god they previously insisted was
responsible? Why does he defend a global flood?

More importantly. why does he do this outside his religion and pretend
that faith exempts him from defending his nonsense?

He's a two-faced hypocrite - like Janus, Hugh Janus.
Post by Mitchell Holman
So your religious beliefs are no better
than astrology. Why do you believe them?
We wouldn't care, as long as he didn't religiously harass us - but he
imagines the First Amendment entitles him yo do this, and that
objecting to it somehow abridges his freedom of speech.

While at the same time losing his temper when we use our own freedom
of speech to treat him as the deliberately nasty narcissist and
psychopath he this tells us he is.

Why "Hugh Janus" would be a good nickname. He's obsessed with anal
intercourse...

"FUCK YOU, Filthy coward.And fuck your Mother, too, in the ass."
"Go fuck yourself in the ass, you worthless whore."
"Go fuck your Mother. When you get done with her, go back in the
bedroom. Grandma is still horny."
This time, she wants it in the ass. "
"FUCK YOU and stick your fucking orders up your chickenshit ass.
Go fuck your mother and your sister in the ass, too. "
Ivan The Terrible

Another lie.
Ivan The Terrible
Creationism asserts that the world was created by God according to the Book of Genesis in 6 days. ID is not based on the bible at all. There is no such thing as an "ID creationist". Lee is full of crap.
Kevrob
2020-03-27 19:42:21 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
ROTFL! IDIOT
...I hope you're not doing that in public. Someone might call the
funny wagon !
My religious beliefs cannot be proven and are not statements of fact.
Then why does he insist the Exodus was fact? Why is he an ID
creationist
Creationism asserts that the world was created by God according to the Book of Genesis in 6 days. ID is not based on the bible at all. There is no such thing as an "ID creationist". Lee is full of crap.
There are "old Earth/old Universe" creationists. They accept scientific
facts about how old the universe and/or the planet is, they just think
their ghod kickstarted everything, and that the biblical account isn't
strictly how it happened. ID is, essentially, that view with the ghod-
bits shoved offstage, to be dragged in later once the suckers can be gotten
into the revival tent.

2020-03-27 20:00:59 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
ROTFL! IDIOT
...I hope you're not doing that in public. Someone might call the
funny wagon !
My religious beliefs cannot be proven and are not statements of fact.
Then why does he insist the Exodus was fact?
Well?
Post by Kevrob
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Why is he an ID
creationist
Creationism asserts that the world was created by God according to the
Book of Genesis in 6 days. ID is not based on the bible at all. There is no
such thing as an "ID creationist". Lee is full of crap.
Mad Joe / Hugh Janus just can't stop lying.

ID is old Earth creationism with the dishonest pretence that their
unevidenced designer doesn't have to be the god of the Bible.

Its founders admitted it, and Hugh Anus has been given the same cites
in their own words several times, both here and in talk.origins.

Copied from talk.origins, where these cites have been provided
repeatedly. This is a cut'n'paste from a response by zencycle to
another lying design advocate posting as Viktor Tandofsky....

http://articles.latimes.com/2001/mar/25/news/mn-42548

"Our work will alert people to the possibility that God is real rather
than a projection of the mind," declared Phillip Johnson, a UC
Berkeley professor emeritus of law whose 1991 book, "Darwin on Trial,"
laid the foundation for the emerging movement [of intelligent
design]......
"We are taking an intuition most people have and making it a
scientific and academic enterprise," Johnson said. In challenging
Darwinism with a God-friendly alternative theory, the professor, who
is a Presbyterian, added, "We are removing the most important cultural
roadblock to accepting the role of God as creator."

From a Focus on the Family interview in 2007:

https://web.archive.org/web/20071217212817/http://www.citizenlink.org/content/A000006139.cfm

"4. Does your research conclude that God is the Intelligent Designer?

I believe God created the world for a purpose. The Designer of
intelligent design is, ultimately, the Christian God."

then, In "Reply to My Critics: A Response to Reviews of Darwin's Black
Box: The Biochemical Challenge to Evolution", Michael Behe writes:

" Perhaps intelligent design in biochemistry is some sort of an
explanation, but is it a “scientific” explanation if the designer is
likely to be God? I contend that it is."

Then of course there's the ID movement's anti-hero, William Dembski.
Dembski not only reduces the field of information theory to an idiom,
he clearly states his intent of publishing his theory was to invoke
the christian gospel.

"Christ is indispensable to any scientific theory, even if its
practitioners do not have a clue about him."
- William A. Dembski, Intelligent Design: The Bridge Between Science &
Theology, p. 210

"Intelligent design is just the Logos theology of John's Gospel
restated in the idiom of information theory."
- William A. Dembski, Touchstone Magazine. Volume 12, Issue4:
July/August, 1999
Post by Kevrob
There are "old Earth/old Universe" creationists. They accept scientific
facts about how old the universe and/or the planet is, they just think
their ghod kickstarted everything, and that the biblical account isn't
strictly how it happened. ID is, essentially, that view with the ghod-
bits shoved offstage, to be dragged in later once the suckers can be gotten
into the revival tent.
He knows,but pretends he doesn't.

There is no way to determine design, and he has also had this
explained over and over again, because,,,

1. If everything was designed, there is nothing that wasn't. So you
can't compare design vs not-designed, to show design

2. The other way would bettor demonstrate this designer, and show you
know enough about it to know that it designed everything.
Ivan The Terrible
2020-03-29 00:10:43 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
On Thu, 26 Mar 2020 16:54:53 -0700 (PDT), Ivan The Terrible
Post by Kevrob
Post by Kevrob
There are "old Earth/old Universe" creationists. They accept scientific
facts about how old the universe and/or the planet is, they just think
their ghod kickstarted everything, and that the biblical account isn't
strictly how it happened. ID is, essentially, that view with the ghod-
bits shoved offstage, to be dragged in later once the suckers can be gotten
into the revival tent.
He knows,but pretends he doesn't.
There is no way to determine design, and he has also had this
explained over and over again, because,,,
1. If everything was designed, there is nothing that wasn't. So you
can't compare design vs not-designed, to show design
2. The other way would bettor demonstrate this designer, and show you
know enough about it to know that it designed everything.
Idiot. The fact that some people call the designer God does not mean that all of them do. YOu can't even use logic, stupid fuck. What's more, you are lying about me again. I have said numerous times I do not accept creationism or ID.
YOU'RE JUST A LYING PIECE OF SHIT.
Mitchell Holman
2020-03-29 01:28:24 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
I have said numerous times I do
not accept creationism or ID.
Why not? Genesis is very detailed about it
and you DO believe in Genesis, no?
Ivan The Terrible
You don't tell me what I believe, you arrogant asshole.
Mitchell Holman
Are you saying the Torah is......WRONG?
Christopher A. Lee
2020-03-29 12:36:03 UTC
On Sun, 29 Mar 2020 07:14:55 -0500, Mitchell Holman
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Ivan The Terrible
I have said numerous times I do
not accept creationism or ID.
Why not? Genesis is very detailed about it
and you DO believe in Genesis, no?
You don't tell me what I believe, you arrogant asshole.
Are you saying the Torah is......WRONG?
...and why does he defend ID creationism, Noah's flood and the Exodus,
so vehemently?
Ivan The Terrible
Can't stop lying?
Ivan The Terrible
How many times do you have to be told that I don't take the whole bible literally? YOU ARE FUCKING STUPID.
Mitchell Holman
2020-03-31 01:40:31 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Ivan The Terrible
I have said numerous times I do
not accept creationism or ID.
Why not? Genesis is very detailed about it
and you DO believe in Genesis, no?
You don't tell me what I believe, you arrogant asshole.
Are you saying the Torah is......WRONG?
How many times do you have to be told that I don't take the whole
bible literally?
So you are a Cafeteria Jew, picking out the
parts you like as Holy Writ and dismissing the
rest as folk tales and superstitions.
Kevrob
2020-03-31 11:58:36 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Ivan The Terrible
I have said numerous times I do
not accept creationism or ID.
Why not? Genesis is very detailed about it
and you DO believe in Genesis, no?
You don't tell me what I believe, you arrogant asshole.
Are you saying the Torah is......WRONG?
How many times do you have to be told that I don't take the whole
bible literally?
So you are a Cafeteria Jew, picking out the
parts you like as Holy Writ and dismissing the
rest as folk tales and superstitions.
There are those of the Orthodox who would say that about
Conservative, Reform and/or Reconstructionist Jews. There's
no one "Judaism." Tandy has told us he's "Conservative."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_religious_movements

Ivan The Terrible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_literalism
Christopher A. Lee
...and Exodus,
Ivan The Terrible
There is evidence for the exodus.
Mitchell Holman
2020-03-31 01:39:10 UTC
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Ivan The Terrible
I have said numerous times I do
not accept creationism or ID.
Why not? Genesis is very detailed about it
and you DO believe in Genesis, no?
...and Exodus,
There is evidence for the exodus.
Even the Jews no longer believe that.

The Exodus: Does archaeology have a say?
Jerusalem Post
04/14/2014

The Exodus is so fundamental to us and our Jewish
sources that it is embarrassing that there is no
evidence outside of the Bible to support it.

The short answer is "no". The whole subject of the
Exodus is embarrassing to archaeologists. The Exodus
is so fundamental to us and our Jewish sources that
it is embarrassing that there is no evidence outside
of the Bible to support it. So we prefer not to talk
about it, and hate to be asked about it.

For the account in the Torah is the basis of our
people’s creation, it is the basis of our existence
and it is the basis of our important Passover festival
and the whole Haggada that we recite on the first
evening of this festival of freedom. So that makes
archaeologists reluctant to have to tell our brethren
and ourselves that there is nothing in Egyptian records
to support it. Nothing on the slavery of the Israelites,
nothing on the plagues that persuaded Pharaoh to let
them go, nothing on the miraculous crossing of the Red
Sea, nothing.
http://tinyurl.com/le5o6yl
Don Martin
2020-03-31 11:00:49 UTC
On Mon, 30 Mar 2020 20:39:10 -0500, Mitchell Holman
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Ivan The Terrible
I have said numerous times I do
not accept creationism or ID.
Why not? Genesis is very detailed about it
and you DO believe in Genesis, no?
...and Exodus,
There is evidence for the exodus.
Even the Jews no longer believe that.
Well, the intelligent ones, at least.
Ivan The Terrible
That's an article by one guy.
Mitchell Holman
2020-03-31 12:55:43 UTC
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Ivan The Terrible
[...]
A professional Jewish archeologist who
knows more than you.
Christopher A. Lee
2020-03-31 13:00:39 UTC
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Ivan The Terrible
I have said numerous times I do
not accept creationism or ID.
Why not? Genesis is very detailed about it
and you DO believe in Genesis, no?
...and Exodus,
There is evidence for the exodus.
Which the brainwashed moron has never provided.

He's just like the equally dishonest Christian fanatics who claim
evidence but never provide it.
Post by Mitchell Holman
Even the Jews no longer believe that.
The Exodus: Does archaeology have a say?
Jerusalem Post
04/14/2014
He's been given this over and over again, but always screams
"LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!" at us - not even at the archaelogists in the
article.
Perhaps he'll show some honesty this time?
Ivan The Terrible
2020-03-31 14:01:55 UTC
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Ivan The Terrible
I have said numerous times I do
not accept creationism or ID.
Why not? Genesis is very detailed about it
and you DO believe in Genesis, no?
...and Exodus,
There is evidence for the exodus.
Which the brainwashed moron has never provided.
LIAR

https://www.amazon.com/Israel-Egypt-Evidence-Authenticity-Tradition/dp/019513088X

http://patternsofevidence.com/film-one/

Yap Honghor
2020-03-29 09:27:35 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Kevrob
Post by Kevrob
[...]
The ID is god to many or at least another hidden name for pixie in Christianity! And since you accept Christianity, there is no way you can not be part of the mess!

If you reject Creationism, you should point out their stupidity!
Christopher A. Lee
2020-03-29 12:53:42 UTC
On Sun, 29 Mar 2020 02:27:35 -0700 (PDT), Yap Honghor
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by LinuxGal
[...]
Still couldn't address this?
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Why is he an ID
creationist
Creationism asserts that the world was created by God according to the
Book of Genesis in 6 days. ID is not based on the bible at all.
The deliberate liar knows perfectly well that it is the dishonest
rebranding of old Earth creationism with the transparent pretence that
it doesn't have to be the god they previously insisted was
responsible.

Transparent, because there is no way to determine design - which he
has had explained repeatedly but never even attempted to refute,
because he can't.
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Ivan The Terrible
such thing as an "ID creationist". Lee is full of crap.
Mad Joe / Hugh Janus just can't stop lying.
ID is old Earth creationism with the dishonest pretence that their
unevidenced designer doesn't have to be the god of the Bible.
Its founders admitted it, and Hugh Anus has been given the same cites
in their own words several times, both here and in talk.origins.
Copied from talk.origins, where these cites have been provided
repeatedly. This is a cut'n'paste from a response by zencycle to
another lying design advocate posting as Viktor Tandofsky....
Which he deliberate liar never bothered to read.

Perhaps he'll read it this time...
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Kevrob
There are "old Earth/old Universe" creationists. They accept scientific
facts about how old the universe and/or the planet is, they just think
their ghod kickstarted everything, and that the biblical account isn't
strictly how it happened. ID is, essentially, that view with the ghod-
bits shoved offstage, to be dragged in later once the suckers can be gotten
into the revival tent.
He knows,but pretends he doesn't.
There is no way to determine design, and he has also had this
explained over and over again, because,,,
1. If everything was designed, there is nothing that wasn't. So you
can't compare design vs not-designed, to show design
2. The other way would bettor demonstrate this designer, and show you
know enough about it to know that it designed everything.
Couldn't address this?
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Idiot.
Idiot.
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Ivan The Terrible
The fact that some people call the designer God does not mean that all of
them do.
Not just "some people", deliberate liar. they're the movement's
founders.

And they admitted the reason for proposing it, was religious.

He knows perfectly well that there is no way to determine design.
After all, he's had this explained both here and in talk.origins, The
_only_ reason to posit it, is pre-existing belief in a god that is
supposed to have done it,

Which is why he has made no attempt to justify it. He can't.
Post by Yap Honghor
Post by Ivan The Terrible
YOu can't even use logic, stupid fuck. What's more, you are lying about me
again. I have said numerous times I do not accept creationism or ID.
YOU'RE JUST A LYING PIECE OF SHIT.
Then why does the transparent liar defend ID and attack evolution?

He always reacts this way when he can't defend his lies or is proven
wrong.
Ivan The Terrible
2020-03-27 21:22:26 UTC
Post by LinuxGal
[...]
WRONG

creationism[ kree-ey-shuh-niz-uh m ]SHOW IPA
SEE SYNONYMS FOR creationism ON THESAURUS.COM
noun
the doctrine that matter and all things were created, substantially as they now exist, by an omnipotent Creator, and not gradually evolved or developed.
(sometimes initial capital letter) the doctrine that the true story of the creation of the universe is as it is recounted in the Bible, especially in the first chapter of Genesis.
Selene Sabine
2020-03-29 00:19:07 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Kevrob
Post by LinuxGal
[...]
^^
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Kevrob
Post by Ivan The Terrible
[...]
Exactly. "By an omnipotent Creator". Just as ID advocates claim, while carefully
avoiding being more specific.

In other words (as your next line there also implies), your own cite says a creationist
is anyone who believes that some intelligent entity did it It doesn't limit creationism to
those claiming the Judeo-Christian God set the whole shebang up. Not only is
Kevin is totally correct that old earth creationists are creationists, but so is
anyone who believes that Brahma or Ahura Mazda or Quetzalcoatl created the world.

As also is anyone pitching the idea that some carefully unspecified "Intelligent Designer" did it.

And yes, nowadays -- to those in the West -- "creationism" usually implies YHWH done it.
But on a less parochial scale, anyone who thinks some entity, specified or other,
created the universe is a creationist.

Which includes -- by their very own definition -- Intelligent Design advocates.

We can quibble over definitions, but the fundamental debate is creationism, in any
of its versions, versus naturalism.

Selene
Ivan The Terrible
2020-03-29 00:37:52 UTC
Post by Selene Sabine
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Kevrob
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Kevrob
Post by Ivan The Terrible
[...]
WRONG> The ID people do not say the designer is omnipotent.
Post by Selene Sabine
[...]
No, idiot. Creationism refers to the Book of Genesis on the bible/
You stupid fucking atheists can't read a fucking dictionary.
Selene Sabine
2020-03-29 01:02:59 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Selene Sabine
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Kevrob
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Selene Sabine
In other words (as your next line there also implies), your own cite says a creationist
is anyone who believes that some intelligent entity did it It doesn't limit creationism to
those claiming the Judeo-Christian God set the whole shebang up. Not only is
Kevin is totally correct that old earth creationists are creationists, but so is
anyone who believes that Brahma or Ahura Mazda or Quetzalcoatl created the world.
As also is anyone pitching the idea that some carefully unspecified "Intelligent Designer" did it.
And yes, nowadays -- to those in the West -- "creationism" usually implies YHWH done it.
But on a less parochial scale, anyone who thinks some entity, specified or other,
created the universe is a creationist.
==
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Selene Sabine
Which includes -- by their very own definition -- Intelligent Design advocates.
We can quibble over definitions, but the fundamental debate is creationism, in any
of its versions, versus naturalism.
Selene
No, idiot. Creationism refers to the Book of Genesis on the bible/
You stupid fucking atheists can't read a fucking dictionary.
Your -- presumptuous, unwarranted and incorrect -- assumption that I'm an atheist aside, your own cite says:

the doctrine that matter and all things were created, substantially as they now exist,
by an omnipotent Creator, and not gradually evolved or developed.

Does not specify Genesis, does not limit it to Genesis, clearly applicable to any other creation myth other than the one in Genesis.

It then goes on to give Genesis as the most common example.

Selene
Yap Honghor
2020-03-29 09:30:41 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Selene Sabine
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Kevrob
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Kevrob
Post by Ivan The Terrible
[...]
Oh, can design or create this whole universe and not being omnipotent?
Your understanding is a joke!
There you are, IDism is in part or in reference to the bible....
Ivan The Terrible
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2005/05/creationism-vs-intelligent-design.html
Yap Honghor
2020-03-28 23:59:32 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
ROTFL! IDIOT
...I hope you're not doing that in public. Someone might call the
funny wagon !
He dares not, because I would call the wagon armed with 4 white coat men!
"The hands that help are better far than
lips that pray" - Robert Green Ingersoll
"Nothing could be more idiotic and absurd
than the doctrine of the trinity" - Robert Green Ingersoll
"Fear paints pictures of ghosts and hangs them in the
gallery of ignorance" - Robert Green Ingersoll
Cloud Hobbit
2020-03-26 17:54:43 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by LinuxGal
Just touch the TV screen while he prays to god from his
personal jet (to be closer to god and above all the other
prayers), plus (and this is important) send him your $$$.
Faith, which you lack, is key.
the dukester

How does belief in something for which no evidence exists
have any benefit?

It just make you look stupid.

If I have faith that Gandalf is real will he put on a fireworks display?

Nothing happens because of faith.

Nothing CAN happen because of faith.
Mitchell Holman
2020-03-26 17:57:36 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by LinuxGal
Touch My Oily Hand Through the TV and I'll Cure Your
Coronavirus
Just touch the TV screen while he prays to god from his
personal jet (to be closer to god and above all the other
prayers), plus (and this is important) send him your $$$.
Faith, which you lack, is key.
Like the faith of Jim Jones followers?

Like the faith of David Koresh followers?

Like the faith of Warren Jeffs followers?
Cloud Hobbit
2020-03-26 18:30:56 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by LinuxGal
Touch My Oily Hand Through the TV and I'll Cure Your
Coronavirus
Just touch the TV screen while he prays to god from his
personal jet (to be closer to god and above all the other
prayers), plus (and this is important) send him your $$$.
Faith, which you lack, is key.
Like the faith of Jim Jones followers?
Like the faith of David Koresh followers?
Like the faith of Warren Jeffs followers?
One wonders if the FLDS practices the racism of the Mormon teachings from the old days? See:
https://amp-theatlantic-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/539994/?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#aoh=15852472429854&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theatlantic.com%2Fpolitics%2Farchive%2F2017%2F09%2Fmormons-race-max-perry-mueller%2F539994%2F
Patrick B
Are you trying to say they did not have faith?
Mitchell Holman
2020-03-27 01:27:12 UTC
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by LinuxGal
Touch My Oily Hand Through the TV and I'll Cure Your
Coronavirus
Just touch the TV screen while he prays to god from his
personal jet (to be closer to god and above all the other
prayers), plus (and this is important) send him your $$$.
Faith, which you lack, is key.
Like the faith of Jim Jones followers?
Like the faith of David Koresh followers?
Like the faith of Warren Jeffs followers?
Are you trying to say they did not have faith?
They had loads of faith.

And look what it got them...........
michellemalkingmail.com
Their faith in their leaders was what killed them - men, women and children.
d***@cox.net
2020-03-27 14:25:30 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by LinuxGal
Touch My Oily Hand Through the TV and I'll Cure Your
Coronavirus
Just touch the TV screen while he prays to god from his
personal jet (to be closer to god and above all the other
prayers), plus (and this is important) send him your $$$.
Faith, which you lack, is key.
Like the faith of Jim Jones followers?
Like the faith of David Koresh followers?
Like the faith of Warren Jeffs followers?
Well, if it turns you on and you think you can catch a ride on a passing comet,
go for it.

Myself, I have faith in God almighty.
2020-03-27 16:57:11 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by LinuxGal
Touch My Oily Hand Through the TV and I'll Cure Your
Coronavirus
Just touch the TV screen while he prays to god from his
personal jet (to be closer to god and above all the other
prayers), plus (and this is important) send him your $$$.
Faith, which you lack, is key.
Like the faith of Jim Jones followers?
Like the faith of David Koresh followers?
Like the faith of Warren Jeffs followers?
Well, if it turns you on and you think you can catch a ride on a passing comet,
go for it.
Myself, I have faith in God almighty.
...Myself, I have faith in Joe Pesci almighty...he gets things done
while your alleged "God almighty" never shows. I'd ask for a refund
if I were you Earl ! Looks like you've been left high and dry.

Ivan The Terrible
Only in movies. He's just an actor.
michellemalkingmail.com
You are very dense and don't know any George Carlin routines.
Ivan The Terrible
2020-03-29 09:26:32 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by John Locke
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by LinuxGal
Touch My Oily Hand Through the TV and I'll Cure Your
Coronavirus
Just touch the TV screen while he prays to god from his
personal jet (to be closer to god and above all the other
prayers), plus (and this is important) send him your $$$.
Faith, which you lack, is key.
Like the faith of Jim Jones followers?
Like the faith of David Koresh followers?
Like the faith of Warren Jeffs followers?
Well, if it turns you on and you think you can catch a ride on a passing comet,
go for it.
Myself, I have faith in God almighty.
...Myself, I have faith in Joe Pesci almighty...he gets things done
while your alleged "God almighty" never shows.
Only in movies. He's just an actor.
You are very dense and don't know any George Carlin routines.
Only dimwits like you and Locke take serious actors and comics.
The idiot Lee quotes "1984".
d***@cox.net
2020-03-28 19:58:02 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by LinuxGal
Touch My Oily Hand Through the TV and I'll Cure Your
Coronavirus
Just touch the TV screen while he prays to god from his
personal jet (to be closer to god and above all the other
prayers), plus (and this is important) send him your $$$.
Faith, which you lack, is key.
Like the faith of Jim Jones followers?
Like the faith of David Koresh followers?
Like the faith of Warren Jeffs followers?
Well, if it turns you on and you think you can catch a ride on a passing comet,
go for it.
Myself, I have faith in God almighty.
...Myself, I have faith in Joe Pesci almighty...he gets things done
while your alleged "God almighty" never shows. I'd ask for a refund
if I were you Earl ! Looks like you've been left high and dry.
God gave us our marching orders 2000 years ago. If you didn't get it then, you
don't get it at all..>
the dukester, American-American
Sampling Theorem
2020-03-27 22:52:02 UTC
Like the faith of Jim Jones followers?
Like the faith of David Koresh followers?
Like the faith of Warren Jeffs followers?
Well, if it turns puke on and you puke wants to drink a can of Comet,
go for it.
Myself, I have delusions by the trillions and love priests who rape children.
Can't answer the question, puke, you worthless fat fuck?

You're gonna be culled soon.
the pukester, Rapist-Priest-Lover
Fuck off and die now.
d***@cox.net
2020-03-28 20:00:22 UTC
Post by Sampling Theorem
Post by Mitchell Holman
Like the faith of Jim Jones followers?
Like the faith of David Koresh followers?
Like the faith of Warren Jeffs followers?
Well, if it turns puke on and you puke wants to drink a can of Comet,
go for it. Myself, I have delusions by the trillions and love priests who rape children.
Can't answer the question, puke, you worthless fat fuck?
Are you ready to stand before God and be judged?
the dukester, American-American
Sampling Theorem
2020-03-28 22:24:50 UTC
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Sampling Theorem
Post by Mitchell Holman
Like the faith of Jim Jones followers?
Like the faith of David Koresh followers?
Like the faith of Warren Jeffs followers?
Well, if it turns puke on and you puke wants to drink a can of Comet,
go for it. Myself, I have delusions by the trillions and love priests who rape children.
Can't answer the question, puke, you worthless fat fuck?
Are you ready
to tell you to drop fucking dead, you worthless fat fuck?
Post by d***@cox.net
the pukester, Rapist-Priest-Fan
Drop fucking dead, you worthless fat fuck.
d***@cox.net
2020-03-30 18:45:01 UTC
Post by Sampling Theorem
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Sampling Theorem
Post by Mitchell Holman
Like the faith of Jim Jones followers?
Like the faith of David Koresh followers?
Like the faith of Warren Jeffs followers?
Well, if it turns puke on and you puke wants to drink a can of Comet,
go for it. Myself, I have delusions by the trillions and love priests who rape children.
Can't answer the question, puke, you worthless fat fuck?
Are you ready
to tell you to drop fucking dead, you worthless fat fuck?
It's not your call. But you can stir up a can of Comet and have a swig.
Patrick B
2020-03-30 18:48:22 UTC
On 3/30/2020 11:45 AM, Douche Weber, filthy, vile, hate-filled,
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Sampling Theorem
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Sampling Theorem
Post by Mitchell Holman
Like the faith of Jim Jones followers?
Like the faith of David Koresh followers?
Like the faith of Warren Jeffs followers?
Well, if it turns puke on and you puke wants to drink a can of Comet,
go for it. Myself, I have delusions by the trillions and love priests who rape children.
Can't answer the question, puke, you worthless fat fuck?
Are you ready
to tell you to drop fucking dead, you worthless fat fuck?
It's not your call.
Of course it is.
Post by d***@cox.net
the doucher, smug fat prick http://tinyurl.com/ya5pcpf5 and congenital liar
*****
The Purpose of the NT Word of God is not to inform as it did in
the OT, but instead to flim-flam gullible credulous dopes like me
*****
Patrick B
2020-03-30 19:25:27 UTC
On Mon, 30 Mar 2020 11:48:22 -0700, Patrick B
Post by Patrick B
Post by d***@cox.net
It's not your call.
Of course it is.
Not me. Roo-Dee... Roo-Dee... Roo-Dee... Roo-Dee... Roo-Dee...
Roo-Dee... Roo-Dee... Roo-Dee... Roo-Dee... Roo-Dee... Roo-Dee...
Catherine L. Cranche
2020-03-30 19:26:47 UTC
Post by Patrick B
On Mon, 30 Mar 2020 11:48:22 -0700, Patrick B
Post by Patrick B
Post by d***@cox.net
It's not your call.
Of course it is.
Not me.
Bullshit. Complete bullshit.
Nous Groupe
2020-03-30 23:35:46 UTC
Post by Sampling Theorem
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Sampling Theorem
Post by Mitchell Holman
Like the faith of Jim Jones followers?
Like the faith of David Koresh followers?
Like the faith of Warren Jeffs followers?
Well, if it turns puke on and you puke wants to drink a can of Comet,
go for it. Myself, I have delusions by the trillions and love priests who rape children.
Can't answer the question, puke, you worthless fat fuck?
Are you ready
to tell you to drop fucking dead, you worthless fat fuck?
It's
just a matter of you dropping dead, you worthless fat fuck.
a can of Comet
Is exactly what needs to be rammed down your throat so you choke on
it, you worthless fat fuck. Eat shit, die soon.
the pukester, Rapist-Priest-Defender
Rudy Canoza
2020-03-31 00:01:25 UTC
Post by Nous Groupe
Post by Sampling Theorem
Post by d***@cox.net
Post by Sampling Theorem
Post by Patrick B
On Thu, 26 Mar 2020 12:57:36 -0500, Mitchell Holman
     Like the faith of Jim Jones followers?
     Like the faith of David Koresh followers?
     Like the faith of Warren Jeffs followers?
Well, if it turns puke on and you puke wants to drink a can of Comet,
go  for it.  Myself, I have delusions by the trillions and love
priests who rape children.
Can't answer the question, puke, you worthless fat fuck?
Are you ready
to tell you to drop fucking dead, you worthless fat fuck?
It's
just a matter of you dropping dead, you worthless fat fuck.
a can of Comet
Is exactly what needs to be rammed down your throat
and another one crammed up his gaping asshole with a baseball bat.
Ivan The Terrible
Very few people believe in faith healing.
Oko tillo
2020-03-26 23:57:05 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Very few people believe in faith healing.
Two out of every three Americans is a pretty sizable "few"

Though often the subject of much debate -- both theologically and
scientifically -- the majority of American adults (66%) believe people can
be physically healed supernaturally by God. This majority is made up equally
between those who either strongly (33%) or somewhat (33%) agree that it's
possible to be physically healed supernaturally by God.

-- Barna, 2016

https://www.barna.com/research/americans-believe-supernatural-healing/

Oko
Ivan The Terrible
2020-03-27 00:10:34 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Very few people believe in faith healing.
Two out of every three Americans is a pretty sizable "few"
Though often the subject of much debate -- both theologically and
scientifically -- the majority of American adults (66%) believe people can
be physically healed supernaturally by God. This majority is made up equally
between those who either strongly (33%) or somewhat (33%) agree that it's
possible to be physically healed supernaturally by God.
-- Barna, 2016
https://www.barna.com/research/americans-believe-supernatural-healing/
Oko
There are other polls that say otherwise
\
\https://www.cbsnews.com/news/poll-do-you-believe-in-miracles/
Oko tillo
2020-03-27 00:20:08 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Oko tillo
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Very few people believe in faith healing.
Two out of every three Americans is a pretty sizable "few"
Though often the subject of much debate -- both theologically and
scientifically -- the majority of American adults (66%) believe people can
be physically healed supernaturally by God. This majority is made up equally
between those who either strongly (33%) or somewhat (33%) agree that it's
possible to be physically healed supernaturally by God.
-- Barna, 2016
https://www.barna.com/research/americans-believe-supernatural-healing/
Oko
There are other polls that say otherwise
\
\https://www.cbsnews.com/news/poll-do-you-believe-in-miracles/
Yeah?

From your cite:

Given this environment, is it not surprising that a clear
majority of the public -- 87 percent -- think that personal prayer or other
spiritual or religious practices can help the medical treatment of people
who are ill. This represents an increase since just last year, when 80
percent said the same.

Seven out of eight is considerably more than my two out of three.

It also goes on to say that few believe in Benny Hinn style healing,
but that's just a small carnival sideshow subset of faith healing beliefs.

Oko
Ivan The Terrible
"Although the role of spiritualim in recovery from illness is acknowledged by most of the public, far fewer Americans take this a step further to include belief in miracle "healers" just under one-third believe that some people have the power to heal others with their touch. This has risen only slightly in the past year, from 28 percent in 1998 to 31 percent now. A clear majority -- 61 percent -- do NOT believe that some people can heal others just by touching them. By 38 percent to 56 percent, extremely religious Americans also tend to reject rather than accept belief in healers."
Oko tillo
2020-03-27 01:13:54 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Oko tillo
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Oko tillo
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Post by Oko tillo
Post by Ivan The Terrible
[...]
"Just by touching them".

I already said that the televangelist spectacle is only a subset of faith healing, did I not?

But since you're the boy who always thinks definitions settle arguments (they don't), here
are the first three I came across:

Merriam-webster
a method of treating diseases by prayer and exercise of faith in God

Cambridge
the belief that sick people can be cured using the power of prayer and religious belief,
or the process of trying to cure people like this:

Dictionary.com
healing effected through prayer or religious faith; divine healing.healing effected through prayer or religious faith; divine healing.

None of these is the sort of thing the original post was mocking. Remote laying on of hands.
All of them describe faith healing.

But let's go with the paragraph you you're insisting on anyhow. Thirty-eight percent of
extremely religious Americans is "very few people"?

We've been here before: I've tried to tell you that your viewpoint isn't
representative of great swaths of the public. Biblical inerrancy,
word for word Biblical literalism is still the belief of a quarter of Americans.
Just because Judaism isn't so prone to have ecstatic charismatic extremes
-- and we both know of exceptions to that -- doesn't mean that that sort of
thing is not quite widespread in charismatic Christianity.

American Christianity.

Oko
Ivan The Terrible
Changing the subject again? The point you miss is that prayer can be seen as an addditional measure to medical treatment, which is what my link shows. If someone prays for help from God while he is getting medical treatment, he is not a believer in faith healing.
michellemalkingmail.com
That's because so many of them die due to their faith.
Cloud Hobbit
2020-03-27 09:53:14 UTC
Post by Ivan The Terrible
Very few people believe in faith healing.
Enough do to make many of the con artists who practice it very rich.

Many of the believers give away their entire life savings to these scam artists. But we allow freedom of religion.
Yap Honghor
Are you saying all the fools know faith healing is just fake???
Yap Honghor
2020-03-28 23:51:32 UTC
Touch My Oily Hand Through the TV and I’ll Cure Your Coronavirus
MARCH 12, 2020
During a livestream last night, televangelist
Kenneth Copeland cured coronavirus.
It’s gone now. He just held out his hand,
asked viewers to touch their screens to meet
it, and… somehow coronavirus is no longer a
thing. Who knew.
Since he is milking all the fools in his daily life, put forth con words doesn't cost him a dime....
------