Religion has Nothing To Do With Science
2018-12-06 04:44:03 UTC
https://www.theguardian.com/science/blog/2010/may/28/religion-science-richard-dawkins
Yap Honghor
2018-12-06 08:46:20 UTC
https://www.theguardian.com/science/blog/2010/may/28/religion-science-richard-dawkins
IDers do not agree with you because they hijack science so that they can claim legitimacy...
Malcolm McMahon
2018-12-06 09:22:52 UTC
https://www.theguardian.com/science/blog/2010/may/28/religion-science-richard-dawkins
The conflict is when religion pushes "Just So" stories pretending to explain why things are the way they are.
Christopher A. Lee
2018-12-06 09:35:40 UTC
On Thu, 6 Dec 2018 01:22:52 -0800 (PST), Malcolm McMahon
https://www.theguardian.com/science/blog/2010/may/28/religion-science-richard-dawkins
The conflict is when religion pushes "Just So" stories pretending
to explain why things are the way they are.
Mad Joe knows this, and is just trying to annoy - it's his
psychopathic personality.
v***@gmail.com
You two didn't even read the article, but you have an opinion anyway.
v***@gmail.com
Any perceived conflict between religion and science arises in the minds of fools like you who regard the bible as a science book.
Mitchell Holman
2018-12-06 13:39:56 UTC
On Thu, 6 Dec 2018 01:22:52 -0800 (PST), Malcolm McMahon
https://www.theguardian.com/science/blog/2010/may/28/religion-scien
ce-richard-dawkins
The conflict is when religion pushes "Just So" stories pretending
to explain why things are the way they are.
Mad Joe knows this, and is just trying to annoy - it's his
psychopathic personality.
Any perceived conflict between religion and science arises in the
minds of fools like you who regard the bible as a science book.
As you have pointed out, religion is about
faith, science is about fact, and there is
nothing factual about the Bible.
Oscar
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
On Thu, 6 Dec 2018 01:22:52 -0800 (PST), Malcolm McMahon
https://www.theguardian.com/science/blog/2010/may/28/religion-scien
ce-richard-dawkins
The conflict is when religion pushes "Just So" stories pretending
to explain why things are the way they are.
Mad Joe knows this, and is just trying to annoy - it's his
psychopathic personality.
Any perceived conflict between religion and science arises in the
minds of fools like you who regard the bible as a science book.
As you have pointed out, religion is about
faith, science is about fact, and there is
nothing factual about the Bible.
Not only that, but the Bible would never stand up in a court of law. In
fact, it won't be too much longer before we'll have laws passed against it
for inauthentic content and hate speech.
--
Oscar Dewey, JD
LA Tech, 1965
Christopher A. Lee
2018-12-08 04:16:25 UTC
Post by Oscar
On Thu, 6 Dec 2018 01:22:52 -0800 (PST), Malcolm McMahon
https://www.theguardian.com/science/blog/2010/may/28/religion-scien
ce-richard-dawkins
The conflict is when religion pushes "Just So" stories pretending
to explain why things are the way they are.
Mad Joe knows this, and is just trying to annoy - it's his
psychopathic personality.
Any perceived conflict between religion and science arises in the
minds of fools like you who regard the bible as a science book.
As usual, the lying liar known as Mad Joe lies through his teeth.

I suppose they don't have creationists on his planet?

Or religious fanatics making ridiculous claims outside their religion,
which are refuted by science. Which is religion's problem, not
science's because the latter simply sets out to understand and
describe reality without even giving a thought to religion.
It's certainly where fundamentalists get their bigotry.
v***@gmail.com
Show us those refutations.
m***@gmail.com
2018-12-09 03:34:51 UTC
On Thu, 6 Dec 2018 01:22:52 -0800 (PST), Malcolm McMahon
https://www.theguardian.com/science/blog/2010/may/28/religion-scien
ce-richard-dawkins
The conflict is when religion pushes "Just So" stories pretending
to explain why things are the way they are.
Mad Joe knows this, and is just trying to annoy - it's his
psychopathic personality.
Any perceived conflict between religion and science arises in the
minds of fools like you who regard the bible as a science book.
As usual, the lying liar known as Mad Joe lies through his teeth.
I suppose they don't have creationists on his planet?
Or religious fanatics making ridiculous claims outside their religion,
which are refuted by science.
Show us those refutations.
You've been shown them many times over the last 15 years, ArtieJoe.
Look them up yourself. You ignore them when we show them.
Mitchell Holman
2018-12-09 13:50:54 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
[...]
Artie/Joe is famous for his "EVIDENCE???" posts,
following which he disappears when it is actually
posted here
v***@gmail.com
Show us where I did that.
Ted
2018-12-09 17:42:45 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
[...]
That's exactly what you do, Joe. Routinely.

v***@gmail.com
Where?
Tim
Here in alt.atheism, you fucking dimwit.
Christopher A. Lee
2018-12-09 14:34:18 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
On Thu, 6 Dec 2018 01:22:52 -0800 (PST), Malcolm McMahon
https://www.theguardian.com/science/blog/2010/may/28/religion-scien
ce-richard-dawkins
The conflict is when religion pushes "Just So" stories pretending
to explain why things are the way they are.
Mad Joe knows this, and is just trying to annoy - it's his
psychopathic personality.
Any perceived conflict between religion and science arises in the
minds of fools like you who regard the bible as a science book.
As usual, the lying liar known as Mad Joe lies through his teeth.
I suppose they don't have creationists on his planet?
Or religious fanatics making ridiculous claims outside their religion,
which are refuted by science.
Show us those refutations.
The narcissist's usual dishonesty.
Post by m***@gmail.com
You've been shown them many times over the last 15 years, ArtieJoe.
Look them up yourself. You ignore them when we show them.
Does he even have the Smarts to understand that all we see is a raving
loonie?
Tim
He has no smarts. He can't even count to thirty.
b***@m.nu
2018-12-09 17:20:02 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
You've been shown them many times over the last 15 years, ArtieJoe.
Look them up yourself. You ignore them when we show them.
Does he even have the Smarts to understand that all we see is a raving
loonie?
He has no smarts. He can't even count to thirty.
Now that is a little unfair tim....

IT needs to practice getting to 10 at least a few times
b***@m.nu
2018-12-09 17:18:25 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
You've been shown them many times over the last 15 years, ArtieJoe.
Look them up yourself. You ignore them when we show them.
Does he even have the Smarts to understand that all we see is a raving
loonie?
which is the reason we were giving IT the official title of madjoe, or
at least we should. Well that and We all know IT hates it with a
passion.
v***@gmail.com
You already agreed that the bible is not a science book, jackass.
Mitchell Holman
2018-12-08 13:50:51 UTC
Post by Oscar
Post by Mitchell Holman
As you have pointed out, religion is about
faith, science is about fact, and there is
nothing factual about the Bible.
Not only that, but the Bible would never stand up in a court of law.
In fact, it won't be too much longer before we'll have laws passed
against it for inauthentic content and hate speech.
It's certainly where fundamentalists get their bigotry.
You already agreed that the bible is not a science book, jackass.
The Bible is not a science book, it is not
a history book, making it.......fiction.
v***@gmail.com
Except there is evidence that Jesus and Moses existed.
Kevrob
2018-12-08 23:35:58 UTC
Except there is evidence that Jesus and Moses existed.
So you have asserted, but can't provide evidence that is convincing.

You ignore all rebuttals. Your attempt to backstop the legends
with weak evidence is part of your ongoing troll of the group.

Were there Yeshuas? Sure, plenty of them. It was a popular
name, the equivalent of our modern Joshua. There's no
record of one close to the description in the gospel stories.

https://www.atheists.org/activism/resources/did-jesus-exist/

If there was a "Moses figure," he didn't walk across Sinai
for 40 years with an entire nation of exiles/escapees from
Egypt. There would be archeological evidence.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Evidence_for_the_Exodus

Tandy rolls out another of his PRaTTs.

2018-12-09 06:29:22 UTC
You are a lying propagandist. And you are lying again.
Yap Honghor
2018-12-09 08:51:08 UTC
Are you saying since you have evidence for their existence (jesus/moses), you worship and believe in them??????????????
Mitchell Holman
2018-12-09 01:07:54 UTC
Post by Christopher A. Lee
On Thu, 6 Dec 2018 01:22:52 -0800 (PST), Malcolm McMahon
Post by Oscar
Post by Mitchell Holman
As you have pointed out, religion is about
faith, science is about fact, and there is
nothing factual about the Bible.
Not only that, but the Bible would never stand up in a court of
law. In fact, it won't be too much longer before we'll have laws
passed against it for inauthentic content and hate speech.
It's certainly where fundamentalists get their bigotry.
You already agreed that the bible is not a science book, jackass.
The Bible is not a science book, it is not
a history book, making it.......fiction.
Except there is evidence that Jesus and Moses existed.
Jesus yes, Moses no.

1 Jan 8, 2012
ARCHEOLOGISTS AGREE: MOSES NEVER EXISTED.

The main book of Judaism, called the Torah (the first
5 books of the Old Testament, "OT") is filled with
stories of a man called Moses, the story of Exodus
and the persecution of Jews by an Egyptian king who
allegedly enslaved them.

The Torah is obvious mythology. The fact that it is
fiction is obvious from Book 1, Page 1. The Earth is
not 4000 years old. Cultures (unknown to the scribes)
flourished much before. Written records and archeological
evidence using carbon dating show man's presence tens
of thousands of years ago, probably over a 100,000 years
ago. A million people cannot live in a vast desert
(without water or food) in a hostile nation for 40 years-
-and leave no trace.

The techniques of higher criticism showed that the Old
Testament was weaved together out of four source documents
and was produced much later than claimed.

Furthermore, archaelogical and historical evidence has
proven Moses, Exodus, Abraham, Joshua, King David, etc.
to be basically myths copied from African and Eastern/
Middle Eastern cultures.

For eg., according to Prof. Ze'ev Herzog who teaches
in the Department of Archaeology and Ancient Near Eastern
Studies at Tel Aviv University, in "Deconstructing the
Walls of Jericho", states as follows:

"This is what archaeologists have learned from their
excavations in the Land of Israel: the Israelites were
never in Egypt, did not wander in the desert, did not
conquer the land in a military campaign and did not
pass it on to the 12 tribes of Israel. Perhaps even
harder to swallow is the fact that the united monarchy
of David and Solomon, which is described by the Bible
as a regional power, was at most a small tribal kingdom.
..... Most of those who are engaged in scientific work
in the interlocking spheres of the Bible, archaeology
and the history of the Jewish people - and who once went
into the field looking for proof to corroborate the Bible
story - now agree that the historic events relating to
the stages of the Jewish people's emergence are radically
different from what that story tells." (in an article in
the Jewish magazine Haaretz, as republished on):

http://tinyurl.com/q2sxvmp
v***@gmail.com

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.atheism/FNt5g2sfxOA/h4-CKTeEDQAJ
Yap Honghor
Pixies cannot die....where are they now????????????????????????????????
v***@gmail.com
2018-12-08 10:44:11 UTC
Post by Oscar
Post by Mitchell Holman
As you have pointed out, religion is about
faith, science is about fact, and there is
nothing factual about the Bible.
Not only that, but the Bible would never stand up in a court of law. In
fact, it won't be too much longer before we'll have laws passed against it
for inauthentic content and hate speech.
It's certainly where fundamentalists get their bigotry.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method_and_religion

"James Joseph Walsh, M.D., the historian of medicine, criticized White's perspective as anti-historical in The Popes and Science; the History of the Papal Relations to Science During the Middle Ages and Down to Our Own Time (1908),[13] a book dedicated to Pope Pius X:

the story of the supposed opposition of the Church and the Popes and the ecclesiastical authorities to science in any of its branches, is founded entirely on mistaken notions. Most of it is quite imaginary. Much of it is due to the exaggeration of the significance of the Galileo incident. Only those who know nothing about the history of medicine and of science continue to harbor it."
Oscar
2018-12-09 02:12:30 UTC
Post by Oscar
Post by Mitchell Holman
As you have pointed out, religion is about
faith, science is about fact, and there is
nothing factual about the Bible.
Not only that, but the Bible would never stand up in a court of law. In
fact, it won't be too much longer before we'll have laws passed against it
for inauthentic content and hate speech.
It's certainly where fundamentalists get their bigotry.
Indeed, I do agree with you, Mr. Lee. Thank you for taking the time to add
truth to these threads.
--
Oscar Dewey, JD
LA Tech, 1965
Yap Honghor
2018-12-08 10:02:14 UTC
Post by Oscar
On Thu, 6 Dec 2018 01:22:52 -0800 (PST), Malcolm McMahon
https://www.theguardian.com/science/blog/2010/may/28/religion-scien
ce-richard-dawkins
The conflict is when religion pushes "Just So" stories pretending
to explain why things are the way they are.
Mad Joe knows this, and is just trying to annoy - it's his
psychopathic personality.
Any perceived conflict between religion and science arises in the
minds of fools like you who regard the bible as a science book.
As you have pointed out, religion is about
faith, science is about fact, and there is
nothing factual about the Bible.
Not only that, but the Bible would never stand up in a court of law. In
fact, it won't be too much longer before we'll have laws passed against it
for inauthentic content and hate speech.
Since there are too many fools, your suggestion may be a tall order....
However, we should have the confidence that this would be possible in some date later!
Post by Oscar
--
Oscar Dewey, JD
LA Tech, 1965
Oscar
2018-12-09 02:12:30 UTC
Post by Oscar
[...]
Others and I are lobbying Congress to pass more laws prohibiting such
inauthentic content and hate speech, for we see it as the only way we can
ensure freedom of speech for future generations.
--
Oscar Dewey, JD
LA Tech, 1965
m***@gmail.com
2018-12-09 03:06:28 UTC
Post by Oscar
On Thu, 6 Dec 2018 01:22:52 -0800 (PST), Malcolm McMahon
https://www.theguardian.com/science/blog/2010/may/28/religion-scien
ce-richard-dawkins
The conflict is when religion pushes "Just So" stories pretending
to explain why things are the way they are.
Mad Joe knows this, and is just trying to annoy - it's his
psychopathic personality.
Any perceived conflict between religion and science arises in the
minds of fools like you who regard the bible as a science book.
As you have pointed out, religion is about
faith, science is about fact, and there is
nothing factual about the Bible.
Not only that, but the Bible would never stand up in a court of law. In
fact, it won't be too much longer before we'll have laws passed against it
for inauthentic content and hate speech.
The Bible is a book of primitive myths followed by ignorant, primitive
minded religious folks. It shouldn't by banned. It should be placed on the mythology and ancient beliefs shelves and used to understand how the human
mind worked at different points in history as we evolved psychologically.
Oko Tillo
2018-12-08 21:16:52 UTC
On Thu, 6 Dec 2018 01:22:52 -0800 (PST), Malcolm McMahon
https://www.theguardian.com/science/blog/2010/may/28/religion-science-richard-dawkins
==
The conflict is when religion pushes "Just So" stories pretending
to explain why things are the way they are.
Mad Joe knows this, and is just trying to annoy - it's his
psychopathic personality.
Any perceived conflict between religion and science arises in the minds of fools like you who regard the bible as a science book.
"Fools" like the 28 percent of Americans who, Gallup tells us, believe that
"The Bible is the actual word of God and is to be taken literally, word for word"?

Ken Ham. Ray Comfort. Answers in Genesis. The Institute for Creation Research. Ark Encounter.
Creation Ministries International. CreationWiki. Center for Scientific Creationism.
6,000 year old Earth. Global inundation. Chaos to all that is in six days. Hydroplate theory.

That's a whole lot of "fools".

Oko
% <%>
and there are already enough here
m***@gmail.com
The Bible is a book of myths, not science.
v***@gmail.com
2018-12-06 11:44:37 UTC
Yap Honghor
2018-12-08 10:00:10 UTC
The bible is a con book!!!!!!!!!!!!!
b***@m.nu
2018-12-06 14:20:52 UTC

yeah dude you would be correct, you are a complete and total moron...
John Locke
2018-12-06 16:23:16 UTC
https://www.theguardian.com/science/blog/2010/may/28/religion-science-richard-dawkins
Religion has Nothing To Do With Science>
...yep, that's correct. You're stating the obvious.